The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: I loved, loved, LOVED this movie!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:09 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
Don't forget about her excellent turn in "Enchanted". :)

In answer to your question, I'd most likely be an old baboon or a Mandrill; friends of mine, though, have suggested that I sound more like a howler monkey. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

Looking for Eric. An ecstatic, jubilant paean to the human spirit and taking life by the balls and actually living it. I absolutely fucking heart it. All that, and 'King' Eric..... Ooh ahh indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh fucking wow, just watched Man on Wire. A truly glorious celebration of life, passion, individuality and that modern wonder, the World Trade Centre. Talk about life-affirming, it doesn't get much better than this. On iplayer for the next few days http://tinyurl.com/mar8aw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
I saw G.I Joe today and it was exactly what I was hoping for. A whole lot of dumb fun. It was exactly in the same style as the cartoon, people even said 'Yo Joe!'

And Rachel Nicols as Scarlett and Sienna Miller as the Baroness were both uber hot. Can't decide who was hotter. The way to make the movie better would have been to make it all about those two!

Damn, I'm so shallow!

:peace

Alcy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:28 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Alcy wrote:
And Rachel Nicols as Scarlett and Sienna Miller as the Baroness were both uber hot. Can't decide who was hotter.

For me, it's definitely Rachel.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:36 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Yeah, I might be with you on that one Sithy. I have never liked Sienna Miller in any of her previous movies, being dark-haired made up for it.

I'm now going to have to rent season 5 of Alias so I can see Rachel in some of her previous work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Alcy wrote:
I'm now going to have to rent season 5 of Alias so I can see Rachel in some of her previous work.

Don't forget "Star Trek". She was in that.

Also, can you say that it was a good movie? I'm going to see it with friends next week, but was also thinking about seeing it this weekend.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:39 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Was Rachel the green chick in Star Trek? I've just watched the first 6 episodes of Alias season 5, she's really cute in that.

As for Joe being good? It depends on your definition of 'good.'

If you mean good as in believable plot with great writing an Oscar worthy performances....then no.

But if you define good as being awesome fun, exactly like the corny G.I Joe you remember from the '80s with hot chicks in leather...then yes! Bring on the next one I say!

I'm firmly in the latter definition!

:peace

A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Alcy wrote:
Was Rachel the green chick in Star Trek?

Yes.

Alcy wrote:
As for Joe being good? It depends on your definition of 'good.'

If you mean good as in believable plot with great writing an Oscar worthy performances....then no.

But if you define good as being awesome fun, exactly like the corny G.I Joe you remember from the '80s with hot chicks in leather...then yes! Bring on the next one I say!

I'm firmly in the latter definition!

A

Hmm. I guess I will be seeing it today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:07 pm 
3. Flaming O

Two of my all time favourite films: 'I Can't Think Straight' and 'Imagine Me & You'
Watching these always cheers me up :party

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Saw a classic older film on TCM the other day, "The Divorce of Lady X". It's a wonderful "screwball" type of comedy from 1938, starring Merle Oberon, a very young Laurence Olivier, and Ralph Richardson, all at their very best. Furthermore, in spite of its age, it's in Technicolor, and it looks great. As the old commercial used to say, try it, you'll like it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Watched freedom writers again the other day, pretty intense film and Hilary Swank is just amazing.

Some of my favourites have gotta be Girl, Interupted.....Man on Fire...Blood Diamond...jeez there's so many my mind has actualy gone blank!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

"Coraline" -- possibly the most beautiful stop-motion animation film I have ever seen. If you are a connoisseur of this type of animation, you must see this film.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hemiola,

Did you see it in 3D? I saw Coraline last summer in 3D with my niece and her cousin. It blew me away! I especially loved the flying Scotties. I was expecting some cheesy 3D effect reminiscent of those 1950's scifi/horror movies like "Creature from the Black Lagoon".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Unfortunately no, but even in "regular" format it was impressive. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

A Prophet - when a film's this good, why bother with anything less?

Peace
foreverchanges

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 pm 
3. Flaming O

The Assissination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Stunning, that's all.

Love,
foreverchanges

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:03 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

uhm... Whip It.... need I say anymore? :love

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 am 
3. Flaming O

Call me insane but Bring It On (if überdykes really looked that way I'd be out finding one right now, anyone) and Attack of the Gryphon (one word: MUD!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 am 
"The World Unseen" owing to the beautiful performance of Sheetal Sheth and Lisa Ray :)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Kick-Ass!!!!

:sheep That movie is so weird and amazing! Can't wait for the DVD release!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:09 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Ouuuuuuh Movieeeees !!! I'm a cinema-holic ;-)
I don't really know if i have a favourite one... so much great ones !!
Little selection : The Fountain (incredible, stunning, deep, and so much more), V for Vendetta (best blockbuster ever ! and well... Natalie Portman ? yay !), Princess Mononoke (best animated movie ever... well every Miyazaki movie is a miracle, but this one is truely the best), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (poetic, beautiful...)
There are so much more ! I just can't remember everything right now =D

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:48 pm 
3. Flaming O

My absolutly favorite movie of all time is
Disneys Alice in Wonderland -- LOVE IT!

JIm Henson's The Labyrinth -- David Bowie was awesome in that, I always end up sining "Dance Magic Dance" after I watch it.

Practical Magic -- Sandra Bullock paired with Nicole Kidman equals awesome!

Miss Congeniality -- Sandra Bullock is amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

My most favorite movie of all time would have to be "Bitch Slap"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Beetlejuice, Princess Mononoke, Naussica and the Valleyof the Wind, The Crow, Resident Evil: Apocolapse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:18 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Just saw "Fantastic Mr. Fox" on cable and found it to be charming. It is not as beautiful or so skillfully animated as "Coraline", but it is impressive to look at nonetheless.

The script writers also had a clever idea: Mr. Fox is supposed to have a somewhat "salty" tongue. To avoid s rating higher than PG, the writers had the notion to use the word 'CUSS" whenever a serious naughty word was intended.
so---

"This is gonna be a real clustercuss"

"What a pile of cowcuss"

and my favorite

"Holy cussing cuss!" :lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I just caught something wonderful on the Sundance Channel.

It's a film called, simply enough, "Vampires". It is a Belgian film that postulates a film crew trying to make a documentary about "the average vampire family". As you can imagine, as the film progresses the hijinks ensue with all sorts of over-the-top dialogue and behavior making fun of things like "American Family", "The Real World" and "Big Brother". The language is French with subtitles. Catch it if you can. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:46 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
I watched "A Few Best Man" two nights ago and it was really hilarious. It's a british movie and this is the short summary:

British boy David wants to get married. This to the displeasure of his bests friends Tom, Graham and Luke. The orphan David wants nothing more than to start a family of his own. When he falls in love with the Australian girl Mia it's seems like his new life has begun. The night before the wedding his friends decide to throw David a wild bachelor party. The next morning they discover the award-winning goat of Mia's parents dressed up as a transvestite and a bag full of cocaine in their room. The guys try to figure out what happened while the wedding is getting closer and closer.

It reminded me of "The Hangover", but only a lot funnier. The jokes are more subtle, sharper but so incredibly stupid. Olivia Newton John plays the mother of Mia with a secret liking of cocaine which leads to the most hilarious situations. Mia's sister is played by Rebel Wilson and I just f*cking love her. And Kriss Marshall, he was a favorite of mine in "Love Actually" and "Easy Virtue". He is great as ever again in this flick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:35 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
It's not overstating to say I genuinely did love The Lego Batman Movie.

Granted I'm kind of the ideal target audience - Lego fan, Batman fan, still mentally in the 7-14 years age bracket - but still, right from the start, and I do mean the very start (Batman does a snarky voiceover during the studio logos) it was a joy to watch. More than just being a whole lot of fun, too, as a Batman fan it really hit the mark - despite it being a movie aimed at a young audience, I'm seriously wondering if it understands and represents Batman better than any other film adaptation, and maybe deserves the title 'best Batman movie'. And on top of that (very much like the original Lego Movie, although not relying on the same plot device) it has a genuine message that really hit home, and made me reflect on my life. That in a movie where the Condiment King is a running gag. I came out of the cinema genuinely impressed, as well as entertained.

(In other movie news, Kong: Skull Island knows it's a giant monster movie and delivers exactly what you want out of a giant monster movie, and Ghost in the Shell is unfortunately a load of rubbish.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:34 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I loved, loved, LOVED Wonder Woman. Seriously, I can't overstate how pleased I am by how this film turned out - Wonder Woman is the superhero for me (maybe not my personal favourite, that'd be She-Hulk, but Wonder Woman's a close second and is unquestionably more epic in scope) and after all the crashing and burning DC's done with its films, it's such a relief that Diana is not only good enough, but great fun and delivers on everything I wanted it to. Paradise Island and the Amazons, nailed it, Steve Trevor, really cool, properly wedded to Greek mythology (albeit the simplified-for-film version) rather than just random superhero who mentions Zeus now and then, yes, villains, not really the focus but given good screen time nonetheless, and the WWI setting, which I initially didn't quite see the point of, actually was a strength of the film in a way I didn't expect. And Gal Gadot is a fantastic Wonder Woman in everything she does. Favourite superhero film... maybe, yeah? I can't rule it out, that's for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next