The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: I loved, loved, LOVED this movie!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:26 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
I have watched once again La Vie En Rose (international title, original title is: La Môme) yesterday... And wow...Marion Cotillard plays very well Edith Piaff and the movie is depressing but beautiful.
And of course each time I see this movie it makes me want to watch Love Me If You Dare (original title: Jeux D'Enfants)... with Marion Cottillard & Guillaume Canet (seen in the movie The Beach) and several versions of La Vie En Rose son. A very romantic and beautiful and stupid story.

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:19 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I went to see Residental Evil: Extinction today and thoroughly enjoyed it, while it has had almost universally bad reviews from movie critics I never let that stop me from going to see it and I'm glad I did.

Milla Jovovich was as hot as ever as Alice, even hotter if that is possible, I love her almost superhero like state...the only thing that really pissed me off was the digital retouching they did on all her close-ups, she's already gorgeous enough, still it did kinda make her look un-natural which is believable given what she is.

Seeing this movie reminds me there just aren't enough kick-arse action movies out there with women in the lead, while I'm a big fan of action, I do get sick of seeing men do all the work while protecting the women.

All those critics that gave it a bad review can believe what they like, I give it five stars...and even want to write a Willow/Tara Residental Evil fan-fic, now that would be cool and I think I could pull it off!
:peace
Alcy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:08 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Mrs. Gorn & I just watched "The Polar Express" for the first time; I can't believe we'd never seen it before. What a wonderful, wonderful movie.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:05 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
We went to see The Golden Compass today. A friend offered to babysit which was just a God-send and very appreciated as it's probably our last date for a while.

The movie was just beautiful and fantastic. I had not read the book and I don't know if that helps or not. I will admit that during the start they kind of explain the mythology and I was daydreaming and missed the explanations. Still, it was very cool, very exciting, and had wonderful CGI. My favorite effect was:

Spoiler:
So in the movie, each person has a Daemon or kind of animal familiar that is sort of their friend and sort of their soul. When the person got killed, the Daemon would explode into Dust which looked like dust from BtVS but glowing!

Very awesome movie. [/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:27 am 
5. Willowhand

Anyone else see Cloverfield? My nephew took me to see it yesterday. I really enjoyed it. I was afraid the jumpy camera work would be distracting and annoying but the picture always seemed to get steady just as I was getting tired of all the motion.

I think the movie is only around 85 minutes. It's a real quick, intense ride. The characters are very engaging and the monster is really nasty. I especially appreciated the fact that the film didn't rely on gore. It just scared you.

If you enjoy monster movies, I would definitely recommend it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Aye, I enjoyed Cloverfield, too. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was good fun.

I think a lot of people who were disappointed went into it expecting it to really explain the whole situation - what the monster is, where it's from, what happens to it in the end. It doesn't do any of that, of course. If you've followed all the viral stuff in recent months, you have some idea of those answers, and that may or may not help ease frustration with the lack of answers in the movie itself.

I think it's actually only about 74 minutes of movie and the rest of the time is the credits. If you stay all the way to the end of the credits, there is a bit of audio....

Spoiler:
....that sounds like he's saying "Help us" or something like that, but the audio is backwards and what he's actually saying is "It's still alive."

I think I would like Cloverfield better if there comes to be a whole body of work related to it, perhaps with other footage from around Manhattan that night; clips from the news; documentaries on Tagruato, Slusho, and Tidowave; an expose on Deep Sea Nectar, etc. I doubt that will happen, but that's what I'd like to see.

Anyway, I found the movie to be pretty intense and exciting. The camera shaking issue didn't bother me at all, but I understand it really bothered a lot of people. If The Blair Witch Project made you woozy, Cloverfield surely will, so maybe take some Dramamine before you go.

I also recommend The Orphanage (El Orfanato) if you can still catch it. It's not at all the horror movie it's marketed to be, but it does definitely have some BOO! moments. It's really more of a drama. It's about a woman who grew up in an orphanage and was adopted when she was about 8 years old. She returns as an adult with her husband and son, buys the place, and intends to operate a sort of small-scale group home for kids with special needs. Well...stuff happens that no one can explain and her son goes missing one day. Most of the movie is about her search for him. I won't give more away, but it's a good, intelligent drama. (The marketing doesn't make this clear, but it's in Spanish with subtitles if that matters to you.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:48 pm 
28. Com...plete

Stardust great story, great action/adventure, great effects and great writing...wonderful surprises and also funny to boot...an excellent make a big bowl of popcorn and get lost in it movie :kgeek

My favorite bit...Robert DeNiro...nuff said

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
Quote:
umgaynow:Stardust great story, great action/adventure, great effects and great writing...wonderful surprises and also funny to boot...an excellent make a big bowl of popcorn and get lost in it movie

and the book is brilliant. I was quite pleased with the movie, but, like all things tend to be, the book is better. If you happen to get the illustrated version by Charles Vess, you're in for a treat.

Neil Gaiman is a masterful storyteller.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:37 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Zooeys_Bridge wrote:
Quote:
umgaynow:Stardust great story, great action/adventure, great effects and great writing...wonderful surprises and also funny to boot...an excellent make a big bowl of popcorn and get lost in it movie

and the book is brilliant. I was quite pleased with the movie, but, like all things tend to be, the book is better. If you happen to get the illustrated version by Charles Vess, you're in for a treat.

Neil Gaiman is a masterful storyteller.

I liked the movie, too

By the Power of Grayskull!

Last edited by Pinocchio1940 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

maudmac wrote:
I also recommend The Orphanage (El Orfanato) if you can still catch it. It's not at all the horror movie it's marketed to be, but it does definitely have some BOO! moments. It's really more of a drama. It's about a woman who grew up in an orphanage and was adopted when she was about 8 years old. She returns as an adult with her husband and son, buys the place, and intends to operate a sort of small-scale group home for kids with special needs. Well...stuff happens that no one can explain and her son goes missing one day. Most of the movie is about her search for him. I won't give more away, but it's a good, intelligent drama. (The marketing doesn't make this clear, but it's in Spanish with subtitles if that matters to you.)

I wholeheartedly agree. It was a wonderfully dark film, and the lead actress does a spectacular job. I sincerely recommend it.

Last edited by SySnootles on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:20 pm 
5. Willowhand

Cloverfield came out today in the Netherlands, and having followed some of the on-line marketing for the movie, I definitely had to see it. I just came back from the cinema, went with two of my best buds (both in filmschool) and just had a blast! Turned out from all the reactions of the rest of the audience, we were probably the only ones who really dug it (yeah I know! Like, wtf? Dutch people... ). I wonder what all of my friends' classmates think of the film, seeing as they practically ALL went tonight too :D. I think film students just have 'an acquired taste', heh.

I totally felt the same way you did maudmac. I think if you've been following the back story, what you ultimately want is some answers (and if not that, just... more :D!). I know, I can scour the Net for little bits and pieces of possible answers to the Cloverfield myth, but I'm just too lazy for that, having finally seen the movie. Although, the Slusho website ain't so bad to visit now and then. Cute and creepy all at the same time!

Loved Marlena, I think I adore Lizzy Caplan! The monster was indeed alive and huge, but not as I expected it to be. Creepy nonetheless! I think I was the only one who actually shrieked out loud when
Spoiler:
the monster came up at the screen after it'd been blasted to smithereens with bombs and Hud thinks it's destroyed.
I love a good scare.

I'm thinking of seeing the movie again in the near future, just to try and catch stuff I hadn't seen before :D.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED NEW YORK HOME MOVIE MONSTER FLICK!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:47 am 
5. Willowhand

Across the Universe

Visually one of the best movies I have ever seen, the only movie I have bought on Blue Ray. The colors are amazing. The soundtrack is all Beatles music which in my book is a big plus. The cast was well put together from the fresh faces to cameos from Joe Crocker, Bono, and Eddie Izzard (who is hilarious singing For the Benefit of Mr. Kite). Most of the singing is live and I know some people don’t like musicals but everyone should give this movie at least one shot. Ramble over.

My Mother: You can’t swear to God and be an atheist.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:19 pm 
12. Recently Gay

I watched the movie Juno, the other night, and if you guys haven't already seen it I can highly recommend it.

It's funny in a quirky way, has a fabulous soundtrack that echo's the humour in the movie and the lead, Ellen Page, is the perfect casting for the role.

It takes the story of a teenage pregnancy from conception to birth and gives it a unique aspect.

It really is a perfect little gem of a movie. Best thing I've seen in ages.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

OMG I totally forgot about Juno. I loved the soundtrack. Juno is a must see.

My Mother: You can’t swear to God and be an atheist.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:42 am 
12. Recently Gay

I've loved Ellen Page for a couple fo years now, since Hard Candy, so of course I've seen Juno and highly recommend it. The dvd will be out in April too if you want to wait for that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm 
28. Com...plete

I wouldn't say loved, loved, loved! But I just finished watching Jane Austen Book Club and it was much better than the reviews would lead one to believe...especially if you've read all of Austen's books...there are a lot of parallels...and even a very cute lesbian and a couple of her gfs in their undies as well ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:12 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I watched "Sydney White" on DVD yesterday. I had seen it listed on Netflix but never bothered to add it to the list. However, last week when I was visiting family in Florida, I was watching "Hairspray" at my brother's house and his partner mentioned how much he liked "Sydney White" (we were commenting on Amanda Bynes at the time).

On his advice I added it and watched it. What a great movie! Is it cinematic intellectual genius? No. Will it win any awards? Probably not. Was it a cute, funny, goofy, escape life for two hours type of movie? Absolutely.

The movie is pretty much a modern college-life teen version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Amanda Bynes, her comic timing and facial expressions are spot on as usual (if you've seen any of her movies, you'll know what I'm talking about). The supporting cast was great too...even a few familiar faces are in it...Danny Strong (Buffy's Jonathan) and Samm Levine (of Freaks and Geeks).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:53 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
I certainly agree about the talents of Amanda Bynes. :)

For those who think Shakespeare in the original is heavy going, you might want to try "She's The Man", a modern-dress modern-language adaptation of "Twelfth Night" which stars Ms. Bynes and should keep you smiling throughout (e.g. Illyria becomes Illyria High School :lol ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:12 am 
5. Willowhand

You can also tally me in on the I love Amanda Bynes bandwagon. "She's the Man" is just so fun gay, I love it :D. I think Ms. Bynes is a comedic genius. She makes any movie watchable as long as she's in it, so I'm sure to check "Sydney White" out!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:28 am 
28. Com...plete

I watched Atonement last night...really good movie, gorgeous cinematography although definitely not what one would call a linear plot...but damn was it depressing! Still, worth a look...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:49 am 
5. Willowhand

I was rooting for Atonement during Oscar night, but alas, it only won Best Score (deservedly I might add!). The relationship between the main characters didn't really woo me on a personal level, but I could definitely relate to the universal notion that everyone deserves to love and be loved.

So imagine me bawling like a little baby at the end of the movie :happycry. Also, I think me being a Kitten, I kinda get wanting to bring two people together
Spoiler:
,even if it's only ever possible in the realm of fiction. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:08 pm 
28. Com...plete

I just got done watching Once...another great tiny indie film...the one that won the best song Oscar...made for a few grand in a couple weeks...not real heavy in the plot department but the music is incredible! Excellent flick...and I can't get over how much this Dublin street musician sounds like a young Cat Stevens...as the dad said in the movie on hearing the music...fuckin' brilliant! :clap :clap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:05 pm 
5. Willowhand

umgaynow, i saw that 'dublin street musician', or Glen Hansard, in concert a while back, before the movie came out! He's in a band called the frames and most of their music was used in that film. Great band.

And onto the movie i loved, Boys Dont Cry. God that movie made me cry, and all the more because it was based on a true story. It was brilliant and horrifying at the same time. Hilary Swank's performance was incredibly moving.

Saving Myself

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:58 pm 
28. Com...plete

I hate to admit it, because I generally shy away from movies that got a lot of play with the general public/romantic comedy fans...but I watched Juno today and laughed out loud on several occasions...I almost never laugh out loud at movies so this is a huge rave review...I am extremely snobbish when it comes to non-obscure film I'm afraid...but Ellen Page is definitely a real talent...I hope she continues to get good roles and doesn't do the over exposure big budget crap thing

Ooh...imagine the sarcasm-fest you could have if you cast Amber, Ellen Page and John Cusack together...baby!

Also watched Sweeney Todd last night, Johnny Depp was amazing as always also Sacha Baron Cohen was very good, but I have to say the movie as a whole didn't impress me...I adore Sondheim and Tim Burton and Johnny Depp...together they should have been a triumvirate of fabulousness...but you just can't do Sweeney Todd with someone less than spectacular as Mrs. Lovett...perhaps I was spoiled by seeing Angela Lansbury and George Hearn way back in the day...but Tim Burton should have gotten someone with a legitimate voice instead of just hiring his wife...she may look like she belongs in a horror flick, but she just wasn't up to the role...also didn't help that the two romantic leads had the all the personality of a soda cracker...the young boy had the best voice in the whole thing for fucks sake...quite a bit too much gore for me as well, I must admit...OK, that was Willow-worthy babbling...hitting submit now :kgeek

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Iron Man was surprisingly, refreshingly entertaining. Aside from Batman Begins, I think this was the best comic book-based origin film done yet. The casting of Robert Downey Jr. was genius, and although the film was uneven in spots (Jon Favreau doesn't have his directing legs just yet, but he's close), it was thoroughly entertaining from beginning to end.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I went and saw Sex in the city last night I loved it the girls where clicking on all cylinders with each other had me rolling most of the movie. There was also heartache and pain with some ups and downs but also showed the friendship the the highest level I recommend it. :peace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 am 
8. Vixen

I second that Willowtree252! I've seen it twice! :blush It's absolutely excellent. I've been busy recommending it at work all day :laugh

Also yes! She's The Man! My absolute movie of ALL TIME. My gf and i watch it when we're feeling down/it rains/we're bored/we want a dose of Amanda Bynes :laugh I absolutely adore the movie.

Between the seasons we find room to breathe out... -I'll Go Until My Heart Stops

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 am 
28. Com...plete

La Vie En Rose...what an incredible performance! Marion Cotillard definitely deserved her Oscar no two ways about that...not once while I was watching it did I think "this is a beautiful young actress in makeup" BRAVA!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

The Invisible. <3

We as the writers create a world in which our two favorite girls can live untouched by bad episodes. The show was amusing, of course. But it was really just the spark to our flame. We have taken Willow and Tara's relationship -so- much further with our stories. We are the creators.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Wanted.
Ah. <3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next