The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charmed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:58 pm 

For those who love this show as much as I do, I thought I would make a thread for it. Feel free to ask any questions about the show or just talk about anything Charmed related here.

I actually have a question and I hope one of you can help give me an answer.

Lisa Countryman wrote a story, "Pure Heart." It was a Buffy/Charmed crossover. For those of you who follow/love Lisa's work, this is a must read fic. There's a question that has been nagging me for a long time now, so I decided to finally ask it.

In Part 1 of Pure Heart, where the story refers to Leo chattering in clicking noises when he's talking to Tasha (Tara's white lighter)... is that something from the show or just something our brilliant Lisa made up?

If it IS from the show, can anyone tell me what episode or season it's in, so I can go and watch? It sounds very interesting and I would love to actually see this for myself.

Thanks in advance, Kittens.

Keeping with the subject, does anyone know if Charmed will be released on DVD? Please say yes! I found some rumors around the web from a couple of years ago, saying that it would be released, but it either fell through or the rumor was false.

Anyone know anything?

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!" ~ Gollum, "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:51 am 
Yes it is from the show. It is established that Whitelighters can communicate in a language made up of clicking noises. It is featured in the episode 'Blinded by the Whitelighter' in Season 3. There are probably other episodes but that's the only one I remember.

Edited by: Warduke at: 1/13/04 8:33 am

Post subject: Re: last post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:12 am 
Thank you, sweetie. :kiss You know what's funny, after I started this thread and everything, that episode was on yesterday! :rollin

It was pretty cool to actually hear it after reading that fic so many times.

Thanks again,

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!" ~ Gollum, "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"

Post subject: Re: Charmed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:31 pm 
ah yes.. good good thread Jen. i looove this show. (could it be because i have a thing for Piper? :hmm Possibly.)

:grin you know.. this is the first time that i've publicly said i watch this show. shhh... tell no one. lol.

*woof*

"Think sexy! Think kinky, not weird. Weird implies there's medication in her past... or present. Kinky means she's got a grip on her fetishes." - Kim Ficera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:55 pm 
:rollin

Hee... you fiend, you. Watching Charmed? How dare you! :wink

Well, my friend, Piper may be cute and everything, but Pheobe... :drool gaaah, she's sexy as hell! :thud Alyssa Milano rocks my world! There's just nothing NOT sexy about her. Even her new hair... my dear God in Heaven, she just might be the death of me! :shy

Oooh, we get to see a hippie Grams tonight. Love this episode.

Love you, sweetie! :kiss :heart :bigkiss

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:31 am 
Ah yes, Alyssa Milano, I had a crush on her for a while, she looks like someone I used to be in lahv with, but fortunately I am cured of that, though I still like that someone and Alyssa Milano too. I catch Charmed eps every now and then and I like the ones I see nowadays. I followed it every week during season 1, even taping it, but somehow I never really got into it. I seem to like it much better if I do not watch it every week. The Leo/Piper and Phoebe/Cole thing never could stop me from falling asleep I'm afraid, the less the stories center around them the more I liked the episodes.

Edited by: DrG at: 1/14/04 2:32 am

Post subject: Charmed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:27 am 
Jennpurr: No problem, glad to help.

You might like to take a look at this essay.

http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/tenways.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:17 pm 
Ah, thank you! I was wondering if my essay was going to pop up in this thread without my having to do the popping. :blush

"The stories we tell - that's us explaining how we think the world works. Once we speak it, once we say it aloud, that makes it real for us - and real for everyone else who hears it too. When we tell a story, we invite people to visit our reality. We invite them to move in. Our stories are the reality we live in." - David Gerrold, The Martian Child

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:18 pm 
:lol

And I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering why you hadn't popped into this thread already Bob! Some admirable restraint there. So, since you're here, how do you rate Charmed this year?

"Learning, playing and loving, and combinations thereof,are a good way to spend a lifetime. Admittedly, a difficult regimen, but nonetheless not beyond attainment.

Start with playing." - Alexei Panshin, The Thurb Revolution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:53 pm 
Quote:
how do you rate Charmed this year?

Droolworthy... :drool

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:13 pm 
Quote:
So, since you're here, how do you rate Charmed this year?

It's been fun in spots, but for some reason I'm not as interested in seeing these episodes repeatedly as I've been with previous seasons. That may just be me, though.

They've certainly got a lot going in the way of seasonal story arcs, and I'm very interested in seeing how those turn out. I liked the episode where we got a look at the future world Chris came from - how they made a point of saying repeatedly that the Charmed Ones met their doom after they went their separate ways, and they did it in the very same episode where the Charmed Ones decide to go their separate ways. It's a big whammy hanging over the season that nobody knows about - except for Chris and, more importanly, us.

Obviously, I expect the Charmed Ones to reunite by season's end, and I expect there will be some resolution to the "stop Wyatt from turning bad" theme. But there are other issues I'm not so sure about, like whether Piper and Leo will stay separated (although for a separated couple they seem to be together an awful lot) and whether they'll do anything with Paige's new bf and his magic addiction. Somehow, I suspect Charmed will handle that differently from the way a certain nameless other show did.

By the way, word is that the WB has already picked up Charmed for Season 7. :bounce

"The stories we tell - that's us explaining how we think the world works. Once we speak it, once we say it aloud, that makes it real for us - and real for everyone else who hears it too. When we tell a story, we invite people to visit our reality. We invite them to move in. Our stories are the reality we live in." - David Gerrold, The Martian Child

Edited by: BBOvenGuy  at: 1/16/04 1:14 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:39 pm 
Magic addiction? Oh dear, I hope that this isn't the beginning of a downward spiral.

I have a question and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it. It has been stated in Charmed that Warlocks do not bleed (although one or two episodes contradict this). This implies that they are not human. But they aren't demons either; so what the heck are they?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:02 pm 
Well, Charmed already did a story where Prue went on a magical rampage after Piper got shot in the back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:00 pm 
Bob,

When did Piper get shot in the back? :shock

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:43 pm 
In the third season finale. The Charmed Ones get outed and a crowd of freaks and groupies gathers outside their house. One woman gets through, but Prue boots her back out. The woman then gets a gun and shoots into the house, through the window. There's the sound of a gunshot, and then breaking glass, and then Piper's looking down at this blood stain on her shirt.

Prue goes berserk and throws people right and left to clear a path for her to take Piper to the hospital. Piper then dies in the ER, and Prue goes berserk and throws everyone out.

Fortunately, while all this was going on, Phoebe and Cole were convincing the Source to have Tempus turn back time, so it all gets erased.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:00 am 
Oooh, I remember that now! I haven't seen that episode in a while, though. I hate the ending! :cry

Thanks, sweetie. :kiss

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:22 pm 
I have to admit, though I liked it, I never really watched the early seasons of Charmed. I just seemed to miss it most weeks. But I've been trying to watch as much as I can of the last few seasons. Why? Two words: Rose. McGowan :love

Even better was that 'sense and sensability' was just on which is favourite ep, everyone is so funny and y'know rose has an amazing voice :bow

star

the benefit of not having seen some of the early eps, its that i still have loadsa more viewing :party

A pretty girl happy in an ugly world, watching all the pretty people doing lots of ugly things...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:11 pm 
I love Charmed. Mostly for all the reasons outlined in Bob's afore mentioned essay.

The interaction between the actresses is spot-on, I can totally believe these folks are sisters. There's the right mix of comedy and drama, and they never loose their sense of fun.

I loved Prue so I was reluctant to continue watching when SD left, however I'm glad I changed my mind as I think the addition of Paige has improved the series. And it was done so respectfully toward the characters that the transition was much less painful than it might have been. (I still have a hard time watching All Hell Breaks Loose though).

I also think it says a lot that the only TV het relationship I adore is Leo/Piper. The fact that I'm totally in love with Piper (HMC has a certain beauty that just fascinates me) has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Oh and on the DVD front, I believe the delay in anything shiny and circular from the magical ones is to do with the fact that there's been so many Special Musical Guests over the course of the series and they've had to negotiate lots of legal stuff with the parties involved.

kw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:16 pm 
I wonder to myself sometimes if Alyssa and Holly are good friends off screen. They just have that chemistry and it's very obvious that they care about each other. Even from the first few episodes of Season 1 you could see it. You couldn't see it very much with Shannon, but as time went by, you could tell that they had all grown closer.

Has anyone else noticed this? If Alyssa and Holly aren't friends and don't care about each other, they're doing an awfully good acting job!

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice... But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said, 'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.'" ~ Coretta Scott King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:44 am 
A bunch of Charmed news.

There are going to be some Charmed figures, Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Belthazor (not Cole or Pru though).

The CharmedOnes website has best pictures.

http://www.thecharmedones.com
and some informatin here,
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=173&show_article=9

A good article with Brad Kern can be seen here,
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_ma ... 1|,00.html

Quote:
"It starts with the characters. The one common denominator is the characters. They're what the audience watches week in and week out. Why do they come back to a show? It's not the genre, it can't be. 'Lois & Clark' was about Lois and Clark and their relationship first. The icing on the cake is the genre.

"It's got to start with the characters, so there's an accessibility to the audience. That's the foothold that lets the audience then enjoy the genre. That is first and foremost.

"The second thing is knowing who your audience is and honoring them, not disrespecting them, paying attention to them, being aware of what they like about the show, being unafraid of making adjustments to make them happier, if you will."

and then there is this part...

Quote:
Kern believes that sometimes, you give an audience what it needs by not giving it what it wants. It's a lesson he learned at "Lois & Clark."

but it should be noted that those are not Kern's words.

Warlock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:41 am 
*Pops in quietly*

Love charmed always have always will :)

I've heard rumours that the DVD's will be released in 2005, possibly 2 a year? I hope so anyway *Crosses fingers*

Also on the Holly & Alyssa front, I agree that they must be blooming good actors if they don't care about each other. The on screen chemistry is amazing!!!!

*Leaves quietly*

Proud member of the Nancy Tribe!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:25 am 
Did the Charmedkittens watch this past Sunday? Weeee... that was one of the best episodes we've had in a while. And Piper and Leo. YAY!!

I want them back together for good though.

Jen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:08 pm 
What surprised me most about that article is how much Kern was emphasizing many of the same points that Bob brought up in his Ten Ways essay.

I also could help but read it and think "and that is why you are going to be on TV next year and certain other shows won't be."

"Courtship of Wyatt's Father": Yes I saw it and I really liked it.

I don't consider myself a Piper/Leo shipper at all, but as a married guy with kids I can related to Leo well.

Looking forward to more this season AND NEXT SEASON! ;)

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Coming Soon to The Other Side, The Netbook of Shadows: A Book of Spells for d20 Witches

"Razzle, dazzle, drazzle, drone, time for this one to come home." - The Replacements, "Hold My Life"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:44 pm 
You're not a Piper/Leo shipper... :shock WOW... hey, it's cool.

I think I first started shipping them when, I can't remember the name of the epi. I just know it was towards the end of Season 1, where Piper switched powers with Leo to save his life. That's one of my favorite episodes.

I haven't read Bob's essay. I'll have to check that out.

Thank you. :kiss OH... did you ever get my last e-mail? I just wanted to make sure that you got it.

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Got to sing. Got to dance. Got to suck face with Alyson Hannigan." - Amber Benson (Toronto Trek)

Dory: Look, here's something! *points to a door that has the word, 'escape,' on it* Es-cop-ay! I wonder what that means... it's funny. It's spelled just like the word escape. ~ "Finding Nemo"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:40 pm 
Well, if you'll recall, Brad Kern has actually read my essay, and was very appreciative of it. :grin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:02 pm 
Did you guys watch the last new Charmed episode? I've seen it three times now and each time I can't help but laugh my ass off at one of Piper's lines at the end of the epi.

When Pheobe and Paige tell Piper that she should talk to Leo about her being pregnant, Piper says: "No... Because. Because. Because I can't."

:lmao

The way she says it and the look on her face... :rollin

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"I could never hide this little light of mine, If God made a mistake then I should die before I wake, Maybe it's my fate to swim against this tide, Swallowing my pride." - Melissa Etheridge, "Meet Me In The Dark."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:14 pm 
Quote:
You're not a Piper/Leo shipper... WOW... hey, it's cool

No. Somehow I got cured of my shipping of characters, can't imaging how that happened...

I like Leo and Piper together and I think they belong together, but it won't ruin the show for me if they don't.

I guess I was a shipper of any TV couples it would be Dweezil Zappa and Lisa Loeb, cause they are so cute together. And I met Dweezil years ago right after his "Having a Bad Day" album came out, he is a cool guy.

I like his version of "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mamma" better than his dad's original.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Coming Soon to The Other Side, The Netbook of Shadows: A Book of Spells for d20 Witches

"Razzle, dazzle, drazzle, drone, time for this one to come home." - The Replacements, "Hold My Life"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:21 pm 
I think i am a sadist, but i prefer the girls single....I think the ONLY boyfriend i ever liked was Prue's Jack. Leo is great and all, but what's done is done. Piper is waaay to adorable to be miserable.

As for Paige and Phoebe's...Jason, not so bad...Richard...OH GROSS. Sorry....kinda reminds me of Rob Tapert and Lucy Lawless...How does a guy like Richard get a girl like Paige?? Just don't see it.

I like Chris being the little brother...got sick and tired of everyone saying it was Wyatt.

Enough ranting....off to count the number of times they hid Holly's pregnancy last week. Chow.

Love Will Find a Way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:25 am 
I know I wonder why Charmed keeps getting renewed. Once upon a time it was an above average show, but after they defeated the Source, it became directionless, repetitive, derivative, and increasingly ridiculous. On the other hand, perhaps it's not so surprising as the networks are moving away from shows with long, coherent story lines and character development to one-off episodic shows which require much less attention or intelligence to follow. I think we'll look back on the 90's and early 00's as one of the golden ages of F&SF TV, with shows like B5, Farscape, and even the early seasons of Charmed. That said, the last few minutes of The Courtship of Wyatt's Father offered a tiny bit of hope that they might find a direction this season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:43 pm 
I thought this would give some back ground on both the reason why Shannen Doherty left and Holly's relationship with the actresses who played her sisters.

Quote:
"The Witching Hour"

by Shawna Malcom

TV Guide

August 25, 2001

As Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs finally come clean about Shannen Doherty, the questions remains: Can a reconjured Charmed still work magic?

Shannen Doherty may be long gone, but she hasn't been exorcised.

It's mid-July, two months after the 30-year-old actress abruptly announced her departure from WB's Charmed, yet a giant poster featuring her still hangs in executive producer Brad Kern's office. The wayward witch stands front and center between her original costars on the sisters-in-sorcery hit, Holly Marie Combs and Lori Rom. Rom, now on Sci Fi Channel's The Chronicle, was cast as youngest sib Phoebe in the pilot before producer Aaron Spelling replaced her - poof! - with his Melrose Place tenant Alyssa Milano. It's a striking image, impossible to miss, and Milano takes note of it the moment she arrives.

"Maybe witch No. 5 will be our lucky charm," she jokes, referring to Rose McGowan, 25, Doherty's replacement of sorts, who joins the comely coven this fall (Thursdays, 9 P.M./ET) as spirited half sister Paige. Milano settles into a black leather couch and tries to keep the as bright as the lemon-colored lace-up top she's paired with snug low-rise jeans.

"You know, I have a dentist appointment this afternoon," she says. "I really wouldn't mind missing it, so feel free to keep me here as long as you'd like." But one look at the way Milano, 28, is perched tensely on the edge of her seat, drinking coffee from a jumbo mug, and you'd think she'd rather be having a root canal than enduring an interview.

And not without reason: When Doherty left her Charmed role as eldest sister Prue last spring after three seasons, it was amid rumors of a bitter rivalry with Milano, something Doherty has not denied. The tabloid magnet's hasty exit seemed like deja vu - after all, it was the second time in a decade she had bid adieu to a Spelling show after reports of friction with costars. (The first was in 1994, when the producer dismissed her from Beverly Hills, 90210.) Her departure has left the future success of Charmed - which returns with a two-hour premiere September 27 - in question at a time when WB is counting on it to continue enchanting viewers now that crown jewel Buffy the Vampire Slayer has pulled up stakes and moved to rival UPN.

Charmed hardly seemed jinxed when it debuted in the fall of 1998. The publicity surrounding Doherty's reunion with former boss Spelling helped the supernatural soap conjure up the highest-rated series debut in WB's history, while its modern mix of glamour and girl power warded off Dawson's Creek and Buffy, making it the network's second most popular show (after 7th Heaven, also produced by Spelling).

By all accounts, things were downright sisterly off-screen as well: "This is the best job I've ever had because we bonded immediately," Milano gushed about her costars in a February 1999 interview. "We have so much in common." For one, all three had grown up bewitching audiences on TV: Doherty on the short-lived spin-off Little House: A New Beginning, then on 90210; Milano on the hit comedy Who's the Boss?; and Combs on David E. Kelly's quirky Picket Fences. When Milano married rocker Cinjun Tate in January 1999, Doherty and Combs even served as bridesmaids. (Milano and Tate have since split.)

"We were very close for the first couple of years," says Combs, 27, who plays middle sister Piper. "It's not like we just worked together and went home."

But trouble was undeniably brewing between Doherty and Milano by the time production started on the third season last summer. The fawning quotes to the press had stopped, as had the costars' time together away from the set. As Milano puts it, "I wasn't going to call [Shannen] on the weekend to go hang out." Rumors quickly swirled that Doherty was resentful of Milano's growing popularity, which had translated into several endorsement deals, including one with MCI. But those close to the situation claim it was more complicated than that. "There were no angels," Combs says. "We all had our bad days. We all [got] stressed out."

That's hardly surprising, says executive producer Kern. "People on a TV set work together 12 to 14 hours a day, five days a week. Rarely have I seen cast members stay or even become best friend."

Adding to the friction, says Combs, was the stars' growing frustration with the show's direction. "We were in [a] rut, where we felt like we were doing the same episodes over and over again," she says. Doherty, in particular, "wanted to make the show bigger and better and stretch her boundaries," says Combs, who has been friends with the actress for eight years, and still speaks frequently with her. "I'd see her in the morning and she'd be like 'OK, how are we going to fix this scene?" She was really dedicated and she didn't have a lot of patience for anyone [she felt] wasn't."

Whatever broke the spell, "we definitely didn't get along," admits Milano. "Shannen and I are very different people, and I think it's almost like a roommate. If you spend that much time with someone and there are differences anyway, you're not always going to get along."

Both Milano and Combs deny tabloid reports that Doherty would only speak to them when the cameras were rolling. But Milano acknowledges that she and her former costar could get downright witchy: "There were times when I'd come in and say, 'Good morning, Shannen' and she didn't say anything to me. And there were time when she's come in and say, 'Good morning, Alyssa' and I wouldn't say anything to here."

In an attempt to defuse the situation, Paramount, the studio that produces Charmed, eventually sent a mediator to the set, something Combs says made things worse. "First of all, it was none of his business," she says. "And we certainly didn't want him reporting our girlie problems back to Paramount.

"The problems we had weren't things some big company mediator could fix," Combs adds quietly. "They needed to be fixed between us [by] going into [each other's] trailers and saying, 'All right, I don't like it when you do this.' Or 'I didn't like it when you said this.'"

That apparently never happened. Doherty has contended that Milano eventually got fed up and issued an ultimatum--either Doherty walked or she would--but Milano insists that it isn't true. "I never even thought about doing that," she says. "I couldn't sleep knowing I had backed out of something I'd committed to."

Instead, according to several sources, it was Doherty who approached Paramount executives last December and asked to be released from her contract. "[She] was like, 'This is getting too problematic. Just let me go,'" says Combs. "She didn't want all the bad press again. She wanted to exit gracefully." But the studio wouldn't have it. Continues Combs, "They stamped their feet and said, 'No, you cannot leave. We will sue you.'" (Both Paramount and Spelling declined to comment.)

Doherty's eventual dismissal, then, came as a surprise. And the form Combs says it took - a phone call to Doherty's lawyer after the embattled actress had flown to Winnipeg, Canada, to start shooting Another Day, USA's upcoming Francis Ford Coppola TV movie - still clearly angers her. "How do you go from directing the season finale to being [given] a pink slip over the phone when [you're[ in another country, at eight at night?" Combs says. "It was really a tacky way to go about it."

"I'm sure I'm going to get many phone call about this," she adds, "but you know what? I don't care. [The producers] know I was not happy with how it was handled. You just don't do that to a person, [especially] a person who has basically created two hit shows for you."

While no one's officially saying why Doherty was ultimately cut loose, a series insider says, "It eventually became clear that [either Doherty or Milano] had to go." And Doherty may have been the safer choice, according to Stacey Lynn Koerner, an industry analyst with Initiative Media: "Alyssa is just as popular, if not more so, than Shannen. And when Shannen left 90210, the series did just fine."

Whether Charmed can still work its magic without Doherty remains to be seen. But WB and Kern are putting on a brave face. "If we'd lost two girls, then I'd be nervous," he says. "But nobody would've been OK with making the change if they were [worried]. That's why I keep that poster [with the original threesome]. I believe the show has become bigger than any one of us."

Adds WB entertainment president Jordan Levin: "We've got two great stars in Alyssa and Holly. Adding Rose to the cast brings a whole new dynamic that's edgy and compelling." McGowan pops up in the season premiere, which includes a funeral for Doherty's Prue, who was left for dead after battling a demon in last spring's finale. Another plot twist; Julian McMahon, who plays Milano's baddie boyfriend Cole, has recently begun dating Doherty. but he shrugs off any awkwardness with Milano: "To be honest, I'm usually pretty oblivious to that stuff."

Milano, too, claims she's put her issues with Doherty to rest. "I have a lot of respect for her," says Milano of her former costar, with whom she has not spoken since their last day on the set. "I think she's incredibly smart and talented, and I wish her happiness, love, success."

But closure hasn't come as easily for Combs. While she says she still has a good relationship with Milano, she felt "a definite sense of loss" when she returned to the set in July. "In a way," Combs says, "I have to treat this like a brand-new job, a totally different show I'm doing, because if I [don't], it's going to be a really hard year."

And Holly actually remains :blush close to both women.

Edited by: TarotX at: 3/10/04 6:46 pm