The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Charmed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:16 pm 
CC was good and dark Leo has potential, but I'd give the episode a D. Too frivolous and too episodic, which are both Charmed's largest problems.

--

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit." -- "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:00 pm 
Good news / bad news time:

The good - next week is CC's second Charmed appearance. Let's hope they give her more to do.

The bad - Charmed pulled the freakin' cliche last night! Paige goes looking for a missing witch and talks to someone who clearly identifies herself as the missing witch's partner. Then the Charmed Ones find the missing witch, but can't save her. Grrr...

Oh, the season as a whole has been very good, and that includes the way they continue to handle Leo's situation. The cliche was a relatively minor occurrence, like being stuck by a thorn while you're admiring the roses.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm 
Saw that too Bob.

And your analogy is quite right.

Warlock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:00 pm 
CC's second appearance on Charmed was this past Sunday, and it was a fun one.

Now I guess we wait to see what UPN will do with Charisma's pilot. If they don't pick it up, let's hope Charmed brings her character back.

ETA: Charisma is now being listed in a third episode, "Witchness Protection," which is #10 of the season. This Sunday's is #8, so the earliest the episode would air is November 28.

Reportedly, she has a heck of a lot more to do this time around. As the title implies, the Charmed Ones have to protect her from harm.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:03 am 
Yea for Charisma!

Charmed has been really good this year.

Somewhere I have an interview with Brad Kern, talking about how he HAS to listen to his actresses since they invest so much into their characters they understand them in ways he never will.

But that is why Charmed will have a longer TV run than some other genre shows I can think of.

Warlock

Web Warlock, web.warlock@comcast.net, The Other Side.

Liber Mysterium: The D20 Netbook of Witches & The Dragon and the Phoenix: New Adventures of Willow and Tara

"I am the eggman, they are the eggmen. I am the walrus, goo goo g’joob." - The Beatles.

Post subject: More Good News!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:48 am 
Charmed will FINALLY make it to DVD!

You can pre-order it from Cinequest, www.cinequest.com/product.cfm?&p=4296

According to The Charmed Ones.com, the DVDs will be out Feb 1st.

Warlock

Web Warlock, web.warlock@comcast.net, The Other Side.

Liber Mysterium: The D20 Netbook of Witches & The Dragon and the Phoenix: New Adventures of Willow and Tara

"I am the eggman, they are the eggmen. I am the walrus, goo goo g’joob." - The Beatles.

Post subject: YAY!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:26 am 
I was wondering when someone would post the good news. YAY! I so can not wait. Season one has so many good episodes. I will be proud to own this. I just hope they didn't change the music very much, like they did with Roswell. :rolleyes

Thank you, Tim.

Jen

Post subject: Re: Joy and Sadness
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:48 am 
Great happiness to see Charisma Carpenter again as "The Seer", this time with a much bigger part than in her previous appearances. Sadly they killed her off.:mad :(

I must say that she is looking better than ever; especially nice to see the return of the "lion's mane" long hair:) .:drool She was genuinely touching in expressing her character's desire to become human, and even had a nice chemistry with Alyssa Milano.

Damn. I was really hoping that they would make her into a kind of semi-regular........:( :tear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:29 am 
CC actually had a role to play this time and did it well, and Charmed seems to actually be developing a season long story arc for the first time in years. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, though it would've been nice to have the Seer continue as a minor character.

--

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit." -- "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:34 pm 
Charisma was awesome in the last Charmed. I loved her as the seer, loved what she wore and she adds something to any show she's on.

And am I the only one that thought the Seer and Pheobe were getting awfully chummy and flirtatious? Good grief I was starting to wonder if there was supposed to be something starting there. It certainly seemed like it could have. Where are the Pheobe/Seer fics? I knew they would kill CC off, but if they really wanted to she could come back. A good seer would have forseen her death and tried to arrange it so she could have a way back or an out.

I also have liked the Leo as Avatar thing, but have a problem with the future as shown. I thought we were going beyond good and evil and that should mean little choice or real free will. Just a sort of blase neutral middle ground with little to choose from one way or the other. And the Elders should be as nervous as the demons as BOTH sides should be eliminated, not just the demons. Despite all this, I am really liking this season so far.

Garner

Post subject: utopia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:19 pm 
You got it right. This wonderful demon free world will not be all that it seems. Trust me, I got that from the inside.

Worked on charmed a few weeks ago. Not gonna dip into the spoilage, but what I saw looked very promising. I'm excited about this show. I lost interest last season, but it seems to be picking up this season.

Charisma was awesome as the seer. I'm sad she will not be back on the show (well at least as far as I know), but it's nice to see her doing some great guest shots.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:32 pm 
Iamyouknowyours, I agree that last season was nowhere near as good as it could have been.

I saw an interview with Brad Kern, I think I got the name right, that said this was probably the last season of Charmed, but that if it went well it might go one more season and that he wanted to know in Nov/Dec so either way he could plan for the end or another year so that fans could get a satisfying end of the series or set up for next year, which would be the last. Since you have some inside info, do you know if anything along these lines has been decided? I think they could do one more year, but if not, well at least they would be going out on top.

I also would love to see more CC, obviously. Oh well, any seer worth her salt could have set up an escape since she could have seen her death and thus her coming back would be very easy to arrange. But that would probably take another season.

Garner

Post subject: Re: utopia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:05 pm 
I'm sure the ratings have been good enough for renewal, so it will come down to whether or not the cast wants to do another season. This season has been one of their best so far, which makes me want them to keep going, but at the same time I wouldn't blame them for wanting to quit while they're still ahead.

"The stories we tell - that's us explaining how we think the world works. Once we speak it, once we say it aloud, that makes it real for us - and real for everyone else who hears it too. When we tell a story, we invite people to visit our reality. We invite them to move in. Our stories are the reality we live in." - David Gerrold, The Martian Child

Post subject: Charmed at 150!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:35 pm 
An article that reminds me of Bob's on Charmed some 50 episodes ago!

Check it out.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/06/review.charmed/index.html?section=cnn_showbiz

Wow 150 episodes. That is a quite a feat!

Warlock

Post subject: Re: Charmed at 150!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:08 pm 
About the return of Cole, you don't realize how much he added to the show until he's gone and then returns, though I have to admit wishing for a bit more interaction between Cole and the other sisters besides Piper. And it was too bad to see Billy Zane go, I really liked his character and perspective, that whole get over whining about your cool and intersting life and get on with your important mission. He certainly livend up the show.

I will also admit that Cole's return left more questions unanswered than it solved, how did he not die? What happened to his being an avatar? If he is dead, how is he still affecting things?

Still, at least Charmed did a good job with the whole Piper and Leo arc, and that has resolved pretty well. Too bad other shows couldn't have done that. 150 episodes is pretty amazing for a show that started out as less than a guilty pleasure, but which learned and grew and never forgot about the fans.

Garner

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:51 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow, it really runs here (Netherlands) about the same time as with you! And yes, that's amazing, 'cause normally we're a couple of seasons behind :p

I so LOVE this show. Epsecialle Holly Marie Combs. She's ADORABLE, and I just love her character and her relationship with Leo. I don't miss Shannen that much, I think the introduction of Paige made it all a bit more... moving.

Post subject: Charmed Season 8!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
Yahoo!News reports that Charmed has been picked up for another season. That makes it only the third American SF/F show to break the seven-year barrier (the other two being The X-Files and Stargate SG-1).

My Author Website - http://www.rablack.com

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:00 am 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
I was just coming here to say the same thing Bob.

(nice new avatar btw).

The WB also is launching "Supernatural", though I don't know much about it.

Here is to Season 8 of Charmed!!

Warlock

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:40 am 
9. Gay Now

No comments on the new season of Charmed so far? Hmmmn, is that good or bad? I found the first ep terrible. I thought the girls worrying over their old jobs and constantly returning to places anyone who might be searching for them would look to be stupid. I can't stand the whole "I want to live a normal life" refrain. I hate that. You have superpowers and a higher calling, get over it and revel in what you have already. Any demon or halfway intelligent warlock should notice the three female cousins moving into the same house and going to roughly the same jobs and wouldn't be fooled for a second. They had a chance to either give the show a new feel with them doing something different, restart the life they wished they'd had but never got the chance to live. They really shouldn't be acting as stupid as they have been these last two eps.

And I hate the new girl. I am not sure why entirely. It might be they are trying waaay too hard with her. The outfit is silly, the music terrible, and the stunt work horrible. And she has an incredibly vapid and stupid look to her despite her supposed to be very smart. Maybe she'll improve, I'll give her a little time, but right now Charmed has taken several steps backwards towards the first season or two when it was not a good show.

Garner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Garner wrote:
I found the first ep terrible. I thought the girls worrying over their old jobs and constantly returning to places anyone who might be searching for them would look to be stupid. I can't stand the whole "I want to live a normal life" refrain. I hate that. You have superpowers and a higher calling, get over it and revel in what you have already. Any demon or halfway intelligent warlock should notice the three female cousins moving into the same house and going to roughly the same jobs and wouldn't be fooled for a second. They had a chance to either give the show a new feel with them doing something different, restart the life they wished they'd had but never got the chance to live. They really shouldn't be acting as stupid as they have been these last two eps.

And I hate the new girl. I am not sure why entirely. It might be they are trying waaay too hard with her. The outfit is silly, the music terrible, and the stunt work horrible. And she has an incredibly vapid and stupid look to her despite her supposed to be very smart. Maybe she'll improve, I'll give her a little time, but right now Charmed has taken several steps backwards towards the first season or two when it was not a good show.

I haven't been thrilled either, but consider what the production staff is up against - the finale last season was basically shot as a series finale, because the WB didn't give them a renewal until the last minute. Then yes, they did have the chance to go in a new direction, but the WB didn't give them any more money in their budget, so they had to keep using the old sets.

However, Charmed has had behind-the-scenes curves thrown at it before, and has been able to adjust within a few episodes. So far, I haven't seen any evidence that they can't do it again.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Originally posted by hahler

Just released Charmed and 7th Heaven are now axed off of the air because of the UPN and WB merger.
i dont know about anyone else but i actually liked charmed.
Why are they taking all of the good shows off of the air?
Xena-Buffy-Angel-and now charmed whats next.

dawn
:wtf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Originally posted by BBOvenGuy

I suspect a moderator will come along and merge this into the regular Charmed thread, but I'm too lazy to find that right now. :blush

Charmed has had a good run, but it's time for the Halliwells to take a bow. They'd actually planned to make last season's finale the end of the series, but the WB unexpectedly picked them up at the last minute. The contracts for all three stars are up at the end of this season anyway, so it makes perfect sense to wrap things up now.

I'll certainly miss it, but every show has to end someday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:12 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

I agree with that! I never got into this show, caught a few episode's here and there (it could never be a match for buffy!) and Im just glad it's ending its run.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:02 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I agree, I actually liked it when Shannen Doherty was still on it (Who'd have thought!) But it's been getting stupider by the season as they run out of ideas so this is no great loss. Still, how many seasons did it have seven/eight? That's a pretty good run for any show.

(And Seventh Heaven was a total waste of channelspace since Jessica Biel left!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:11 pm 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
Actually I still very much enjoy Charmed and have been enjoying this past season (it's 8th) very much.

If this is the end (and every sign points to it) then that is OK.
The Halliwells saved the worl more times than some other show whose name escapes me, and still managed to have a hapy ending sometimes.

Say what you like, but I'll always say this. Charmed outlasted Buffy.

Warlock

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:02 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Quote:
I actually liked it when Shannen Doherty was still on it

Me too. I was a bit surprised how much I liked her. I was expecting Piper to be my Charmed crush, seeing as how much I loved Holly Marie Combs on Picket Fences. But I was all about Prue. I didn't stick around for long after she died. The whole Cole is he gone/isn't he gone thing got tiresome, to say nothing of the constant mythical creature of the week eps.

As for the cancellation? Eh. Not having watched in years, it's hard to care one way or the other. Though when I read the news here, I had to immediately rush over to check out the TWoP forums. Folks over there have been praying for this day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:34 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I like Charmed... up to season seven. I didn't catch it from the beginning but I started to watch the reruns on TNT and I really enjoyed it. When this season started I was hopeful that quality of the show might start to rise a bit. After the first episode, which I thought was really bad, those hopes were dashed. And the following episodes didn't change my mind. They keep recycling their own storylines, the actresses don't seem like they're enjoying themselves anymore, and I hate the Billie character. I think they could have gone in a different direction which could have been much better. I keep watching out of habit but I don't really care about the show the way I use to. I think they could have ended on a higher note last season and added a bit of mystery.

Rose McGowan gave a little interview about the show ending (I forget where) and didn't seem the least bit torn up about it, which I think says alot.

WebWarlock said:
Quote:
Say what you like, but I'll always say this. Charmed outlasted Buffy.

Very true WW. But I can't help but wonder if the only reason it did was because of the contracts. If they were up for the girls last year would they have chosen to come back for this season? For some reason, I don't really think so.

Cheers, Charmed! You've had a good run.

"Supposedly the summer is "over." The people that say that are either children or work in the education field. We are neither of those things. The summer is over when it stops being 300 degrees outside. Which won't be until December. That said, we will continue to have summer fun!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

the hero factor wrote:
Not having watched in years, it's hard to care one way or the other.

That's pretty much how I feel. I only watched a few episodes so it's no great loss for me, but I feel sorry for the fans who are still enjoying it.

Quote:
Though when I read the news here, I had to immediately rush over to check out the TWoP forums. Folks over there have been praying for this day.

I've never understood the attitude of people like that. If you find a show offensive then there's nothing wrong in wanting it gone, but why would they waste their time wanting a show they simply don't like cancelled?

Last edited by billy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

HalfCamel wrote:
I can't help but wonder if the only reason it did was because of the contracts. If they were up for the girls last year would they have chosen to come back for this season? For some reason, I don't really think so.

There was a lot of grief and drama at the end of last season, because the WB waited so long to renew them that they wrote the S7 finale as if it was the series finale. Then the WB picked them up again - but at the same time, they cut the show's budget. That's why the Halliwells stuck around their house pretending to be their own cousins instead of moving on somewhere else, and why the demons took over Magic School instead of hanging out somewhere else - there wasn't enough money to build any more sets.

The season started out really rough because the writers had to dig themselves out of a hole, when the entire point of creating the hole in the first place was because they didn't expect they'd have to dig out of it. I think the series has picked up again now that they've solved that problem, and I'm hoping they'll be able to go out on a high note in May.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:15 am 
3. Flaming O

I've just found this thread, so expect lots of rambling. :-D

Ok, little bit of background info on myself, first of all - I tend not to watch things as they're on tv, but instead choose something I want to watch which is already fairly old (or at least not currently on tv), and rent a load of videos/dvds and work my way through the whole series fairly quickly. That's how I got into BtVS and Angel - I started watching last summer, and had finished all of it (both BtVS and AtS) by Christmas.

Anyway, I'm on Charmed now. A friend sent me her old series one and two DVDs, which I have just finished watching, and I'm getting the other series (well, up to S6 anyway, as S7 and S8 aren't out yet) for my birthday, which is at the end of April. *sigh* So long to wait. :cry

My thoughts so far...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Piper. :x :drool :x :drool :x :drool :x

I love Leo. :x

I love Leo/Piper :-D :x *beats Dan over the head with a shovel*

I like Prue, which surprised me, cos I didn't think I would.

I couldn't stand Phoebe whatsoever at first, she's growing on me now that she has a better hairstyle, is actually studying at college, and generally has a better personality, but I still don't like her that much.

I love their cat. :-D

I miss Andy. He was fab. :cry

I can't wait for S5 :bounce - considering how much I love Piper anyway, and Leo, then factor in my pregnancy fetish, and my complete and utter broodiness currently, and the result is 'Sasha go thud' :thud

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next