The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Genuine Molded Plastic Board
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:00 pm 
This is a new board we made because we wanted television and movies to have a bigger place where no one would be afraid of starting a thread for their favorite show or tv. The kitten is still the place for off topicness in general. Have fun!

Spoilers
About spoilers, you can use this code for now:

Spoiler:
Amazing spoilers revealed before your eyes.

[ spoiler] spoilers[ /spoiler]

If you can't use that code make sure you mark space above and below your spoilers. Thanks!

no space there on the code btw. I imagine if a thread is really popular with lots of spoilers we can have 2 threads. I don't see that as a problem but really only if it is needed. 2 threads per show is the maximum!

Post subject: Re: New Genuine Molded Plastic Board
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:12 pm 
Yay! Go Xita!

Choosing not to decide is still a choice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:41 pm 
well I hope you guys like it. I had an inquiry about the name, it's from I was made to love you:

Giles: And you're certain she was a robot?

Buffy: Absolutely.

Tara: Well, she practically had "Genuine Molded Plastic" stamped on her ass. (The gang looks at her, surprised.) Just tryin' a little spicy talk.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:24 am 
Good of you to start this thread. It was getting a little crowded subjectwise in The Kitten.

Hey Tempest Duer, you a Rush fan? I mean the band not the man.

JJtheCool

*Sigh*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:56 am 
What a most excelltastic idea! That's all I have to say on this change of outlay :)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious. ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:33 am 
very cool xita.

Both the new board and the code.

Thanks a bunch.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

The Other Side,
home of Liber Mysterium: The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks:
Available October 31st, 2003!

“Well-behaved women rarely make history.” - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich,
Professor Harvard University.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:00 am 
Great new board :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:20 pm 
Don't listen to them much, but I'm always looking for new things because I get bored so easily. Why do you ask?

Choosing not to decide is still a choice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:31 pm 
like the new idea. you are right Xita, the kitten was getting kind of crowded. now i can find things easier :)

Thx

I want it. Give it to me. I love it. 7-Year Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:07 am 
Thanks a bunch for the new board, xita.

Janice

Post subject: Coronation Street - UK Soap
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:04 pm 
I've not watched this show in anything resembling the recent past... CBC Windsor used to air it & I'd catch a little bit while flipping channels... but an article at the BBC site about the character, Corrie. But it's prolly old news... but I thought someone might be interested... maybe??

Here's the article about the news: but, warning: spoilers ahead!!

Here's the article:

Gay life finally hits Corrie's cobbles

by Michael Osborn

BBC News Online

After 43 years on our screens, vintage soap opera Coronation Street has featured the first gay storyline to grace its hallowed cobbles.

On Sunday evening, viewers saw Todd Grimshaw snatching a kiss from snoozing blond heart-throb Nick Tilsley, triggering a malestrom of sexual confusion.

Britain's oldest series is playing catch-up, for its main rivals have long since featured gay characters as part of the fabric of their fictional everyday life.

EastEnders first broke the soap mould back in 1986, when yuppie Colin and barrow boy Barry came into Albert Square, where they went about their business with little fanfare.

And there was a blaze of publicity in 1994 when Brookside's Beth Jordache and Margaret Clemence locked lips in a smooch which had everyone talking.

Corrie's first dabbling with homosexuality will see Todd - played by Bruno Langley - rejected by Nick (Adam Rickitt) and question his relationship with teenage mum Sarah Platt.

First time

But for a soap opera that was created by openly gay man Tony Warren, there has been an absence of homosexual characters gracing the streets of Weatherfield.

"We didn't want to bring in a gay character just for the sake of it," a Coronation Street spokeswoman told BBC News Online.

"We've waited until it came out of a character that's already central to the street. We haven't seen these feelings from Todd before - it's the first time he's acted upon them," she added.

Coronation Street writer Daran Little is gay, and says he was reluctant to create a gay storyline because he didn't want to appear as if he had jumped on a soap box.

"When asked why there wasn't a gay character in Corrie, I used to quote Tony Warren, whose answer was 'The Street is camp enough,'" he explained.

Warren had a point, with brassy, bouffanted barmaid Bet Gilroy and tragic soap siren Elsie Tanner heading the queue of characters who possessed a certain flair.

Potential

"I'm glad that the first gay character isn't a screaming queen, sipping cocktails in the Rovers dressed in pink Lycra," added Little.

Radio Times soap columnist Alison Graham thinks Coronation Street is handling the story very well - but admits she doesn't know why it has taken them so long.

"If Todd suddenly leapt out of the closet as a fully-formed gay man it would be laughable," she said.

"Corrie doesn't just parachute people in for a few weeks to then disappear again."

"They wouldn't just have the kiss and then forget about it. The potential is there for this story to run on. It doesn't just feel like they're ticking a box."

The world's longest-running soap's first gay outing is up against the ongoing fallout from Dirty Den's sensational return in Albert Square.

A same-sex kiss in Weatherfield will prove less shocking than a return from the grave, but this first may create a long-running gay storyline which has been well worth waiting for.

skittles

...In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. -- from Desiderata, Max Erhman, 1927

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:42 am 
Nice board!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:30 am 
17. Mega-Witches

I have a quick question about on-topic-ness in GMP. Would this be the correct forum to start a TiVo thread, or should that go in the kitten? I looked in both the kitten and in GMP and didn't find a TiVo thread.

We just got TiVo and I'd love to discuss with other kittens the technology, tips, and what shows we're planning to TiVo. (Last night I set up a Wish List for Alyson Hannigan, and Amber Benson wasn't listed, etc...)

Anyway, if a mod could let me know the best forum to start a thread like this I'd appreciate it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I loooooooove my TiVo! Love, love, love!

Yeah, here on GMP is best, since it's TV-related.