The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: If it walks like a duck
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:33 pm 
Hi there everyone,

I was reading this and thought of someone else - Lori Petty. Both in A League of our own and Tank Girl. She did play a lesbian in Relax, It's just sex so I don't know if that counts.

And I'm glad someone else mentioned The Division. Really, how AU can you get. A police squad of mostly women in SF and not one lesbian? Thought I was the only one crazy enough to think it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:50 am 
This thread is so choice!!!

OMG, I cracked up at the reference to Mary from Seventh Heaven. Imagine if she came out; they'd have to have a exorcism to rid her of the 'demon', then they'd all hug, bake cookies and sing hymns.

That program scares the poo out of me. Come on, who has a family like that? eugh, I always feel like poor white trash after watching that show.:rofl

- Skye

Instructions on a Swedish chainsaw:

"Do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:45 am 
The first time I saw that show and watched Mary play basketball and really know how to play it, I became intrigued. I watched her carefully after that, oh def. potential. That's the seventh heaven you'll never see.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:53 pm 
Quote:
Until I'm told otherwise, Olivia Benson on Law and Order: SVU is gay (or at least bisexual). There is so much sexual tension between her and the ADA Alex Cabot. They stand a little too close, look at each other a little too long... classic HoYay.

Right there with ya on that one! Day one I've always though Olivia, as you said, was at least bisexual. Then Cabot shows up and I'm all woo with the ho and the yay! I'm really dissapointed now to hear that she's leaving. Suck!

ETA: I loved Angie. Everyone has their favorite ADA on the original L&O, and she's def mine. I think Elizabeth has done a fair job. Serena was a little more outspoken as a character last year, which was of the good.

Edited by: scifiacid at: 9/21/03 11:57 am

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:58 pm 
TV Guide says something about her old boyfriend showing up on the show this season :mad

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:50 pm 
Don't know if it was just me, but I thought the teen movie "Bring it On" was probably one of the gayest straight movies I had seen for a good long while. The movie itself was a pretty typical teen flick, but watching the vibes between Eliza Dushku & Kirsten Dunst... I don't know if the chemistry was deliberately played up, but it was definitely there. Also spotted a few gay & lesbian nods in the dialogue too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:36 am 
There was one particular episode of the X-Files that made think, "Is Agent Reyes (Annabeth Gish) doing what I think she's doing?" It was the episode in season 8 (I think) where Agent Reyes and a very pregnent Scully run off to that deserted house so Scully could have her baby safely. Throughout the whole episode, it seemed to me like Reyes was flirting with Scully.

The line that really got a raised eyebrow was from Reyes, something like, "With all you must be going through, you look amazingly beautiful, Dana." The way she said that did not sound like straight woman making a simple compliment.

The idea of Reyes and Scully together was hot as anything to me.

I also want to agree complete with the Kittens who posted about Jess and Jules from Bend It Like Beckham. That coach has no chance once J&J are off to college.

In fluent aphasia the subject talks at great length, but are unaware that what they are saying makes no sense."
Art said, "I know a lot of people with that problem."
Kim Stanley Robinson's Blue Mars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:11 pm 
Fluffylamb: I'm sooo glad you brought up the Reyes/Scully interaction in those scenes. I thought the same thing, but then dismissed it, I thought I probably just had 'gay' on the brain or something.:lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:15 pm 
Me three on the Reyes/Scully connection. :drool

I figured it had no chance, because by pairing Scully w/ anybody other than Mulder, they'd destroy the 'shipper hope that was keeping the series hanging on. But couldn't they have at least kept hinting at it subtextually (or even make Reyes' affections unrequited)? That last year ship w/ Reyes and Doggett was excruciating (and, to me, killed the show as much as *anything* did!)

GG And what w/ that lesbian-positive ep she directed, I'm sure (the ever-lovely) GA would have been game! ;) Out

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:30 pm 
Oh I was silently praying for Reyes to "come out" before the end of the series. I never really thought it would happen, but when that episode aired (where Scully's in labor) and Reyes said what she said, my eyes were as big as saucers! :shock

Alas, it was not to be. Oh well. But what a couple those two would have made!

Catie

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make a difference that you lived at all." -- Leo Roston

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:37 pm 
OK I'm about to show my age here...

How about Stephanie Zimbalist on "Remington Steele"

Had some major babydyke fantasies about her...not to mention that Auburn she drove

And what's her name...the redhead on Homicide...very dykey and cool...oh yeah, Melissa Leo? I think that was her name:pride

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:11 am 
I'll see your Stephanie Zimbalist and raise you a Stefanie Powers!

So Hart to Hart was anything but gay, whatever! Those two were an adorable, sexy couple. Yup.

I :love Jennifer Hart!

“Spirit of Sappho, ... I summon you. Come fill me with your big, dykey power!” ~ Final Exam by Tommo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:31 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

umgaynow wrote:
OK I'm about to show my age here...

How about Stephanie Zimbalist on "Remington Steele"
Had some major babydyke fantasies about her...not to mention that Auburn she drove

Yes, yes, YES!!!! At the time the Remington Steele was on, I convinced myself (teenager in denial) that my "attraction" to Laura Holt/Stephanie Zimbalist was just a little dose of hero-worship. It wasn't until years later that I would admit it was, in fact, a massive crush. I've recently made my way through the first few seasons of Remington Steele on DVD (the first time I've seen the show since its original run), and I've fallen in love with her all over again. She was beautiful, but in a very cute/adorable-girl-next-door way....with her freckles & killer dimples. And she looked damn sexy in a fedora!

As Cicca said re: Hart to Hart -- the show, and the character, were anything but gay, but whatever! Zimbalist & Brosnan were postively electric together.

Last edited by AquarianSky on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Walks like a duck... (TV/Movie lesbian oughtabes)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:26 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Quote:
In my world Seven of Nine and Janeway ARE a couple.

Oh, heck yeah! I mean, could Janeway *be* anymore obvious?

I'm also on board with the Alex Cabot/Olivia Benson shippiness. HoYay you can cut with a knife. Thank god for fanfic.

And one I haven't seen mentioned yet: Sam Carter/Janet Frasier from Stargate. They didn't vibe quite as much as, say, Alex/Olivia, but they made up for that with the raising a daugher together storyline. Plus, so cute!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:32 pm 
28. Com...plete

How about Claudia Black as Aeryn Sun on Farscape? All that leather and the attitude...she so oughta be someone's daddy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:22 pm 
5. Willowhand

Wow, this thread was resurrected but I've had a fun time reading it.

Definitely agree with everyone on Jules & Jess in Bend It Like Beckham, not surprisingly because that was the original script. It was supposed to be those tow paired together and then someone thought it would be too much for the film... don't agree with that at all. I think it would have been adorable with those two together.

Hmm, I'd also have to agree with the Bring It On comment. The first time I saw that movie in its entirety, my eyebrows were just about even with my hairline when Eliza's character was laying in bed next to Kirsten's character. Soooo obvious, yet not used at all. *sigh*

The things that could have been...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:05 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Hmm...I'm with everyone who listed Sarah from "Witchblade"...I crushed on her before I even knew what a lesbian crush was...I wanted to "be like her", um, yeah, uh huh...that's the lesbian part of you surfacing, dear...you'll figure that out when you get past age eleven...God, if I had only known...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
With all the recent discussions about Batwoman, here is one that “should have been”, from Justice League Unlimited, Fire and Ice.

Images from JLAnimated.com

There was even a scene in one episode ("I am Legion") where Hawkgirl implies that they are.
In the comics they were always portrayed as being very close, and there was always confusion between Ice and Icemaiden (who was bisexual, but preferred girls).

I’d like to think that Bruce Timm would have shown them as lovers had it not been for the fact that it was a cartoon. Of course in Timm's hands Ice was still alive and well, and at Fire's side when the series ended.

My wife of course gives me grief on this. I (as you may or may not know) have this thing for Willow and Tara. My SON thinks Fire and Ice are the coolest super heroes around and thinks it's so cool that they are always together. So much so we had to add them to the Mutants and Masterminds game we play.

Warlock

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:39 pm 

Topics: 1
Speaking of Farscape, does anyone else think that Chiana and Jool had a thing? Their little moment in the background when Jool leaves made me wonder, and watching it again there are definate signs.

That Janeway vid is BRILLIANT, but they missed out the moment where seven checks out Janeways backside and smiles.

This one is also good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9jxGgcDQI

But this is a MUST see : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARSBik1 ... ed&search=

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:41 am 
9. Gay Now

NewRuthRising wrote:

omg - Janeway in a tux - I hear very loud quacking

NewRuthRising wrote:
But this is a MUST see : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARSBik1 ... ed&search=

giggle - now we need find a video with these

Last edited by Knock yourself out on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 am 

I'm currently re-watching Friends, and is it me or does Phoebe have a huge crush on Rachel?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:18 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 8
Well...it's hard to say.

I think Phoebe was simply the sort of person who was "open to everything", including different varieties of sexual experience.

As far as both Rachel and Monica are concerned, two things stand out in my memory:
1. The famous "massage" episode, wherein Phoebe gets so "into" massaging the ecstatically moaning Monica, that she exclaims "That's right, say my name!" :-D

2. The famous scene in which Phoebe plants a huge smack on Rachel, with the ensuing dialogue--
Rachel: Why'd you do that?
Phoebe: I wanted to see what it was like.
Rachel: And.....?
Phoebe: Eh, I've had better. :-D :-D :-D

Whether this amounts to a "crush" or not I cannot say.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:20 pm 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
Here are two more "oughtabes", Peppermint Patty and Marcie.

I stumbled on this pic for this guy who updated all the Peanuts characters to teens and in Anime style. It's some really good stuff.

Check out the entire collection here, http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/gnaw/

Warlock

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Thread Resurection! lol

I only ever saw the Buffy Faith thing on Faith's part. Unless Buffy was emotionally vulnerable, like in s6, or she did a lot of coming out angst, I can't picture it.

From Avatar: The Last Airbender, Mai and Ty Lee. Pretty much just because of the scene in The Boiling Rock part 2 during s3. Possibly Azula too, in a creepy kinda way.

From the Resident Evil movies, Claire Redfield and Alice. Probably wishful thinking.

From the Runaways comics, Karolina and Nico. She can deny all she wants, but Nico loves that flaming rainbow alien.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:17 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Don't kinow if it ocunts once someone's already *been* cast , nut Sophia Vergara is palying a couple with Sahron stone in an upcoming movie.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.