The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:39 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
So! Hello. Uhm. Hey.

I recently got into OUAT and I find that it's a fantastic show. It's like a whole collage of different characters from Fairytales and myth like Snow White, The Evil Queen. Prince Charming, Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Little red riding hood, and even Dr. Frankenstein.

It's into it's third season and halfway done, it is on hiatus right now since it had it's winter finale 3x11 "Going Home" but it'll be back in around 60 days.

It has it's share of relationships on the show, two of the most prominent being Snowing (Prince Charming/Snow White), Rumbelle (Rumplestiltskin and Belle from Beauty and the Beast) that are seen on the show in a relationship or otherwise considered 'canon' while other 'non-canon' or potential relationships like Swan Queen (Emma Swan/The Savior and Regina Mills/The Evil Queen), Sleeping Warrior (Aurora/Sleeping Beauty and Mulan), and Red Beauty (Ruby/Red Riding Hood and Belle) are more pominent with Captain Swan (Captain Hook/Killian Jones and Emma Swan) and Swan Fire/Swan Thief (Neal Cassidy/Baelfire and Emma Swan) are also there and have a strong following.

Personally my favourite character is Regina Mills/The Evil Queen and I ship Swan Queen because they have a LOT of chemistry in each scene they're in as well as the fact that they act like divorced lesbian mommies all throughout the first season and (some) of the second season makes me love it more.

So yeah... I saw that there wasn't a thread for OUAT so if anyone else watches it then y'know, hey!

Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 am 
2. Floating Rose

I personally have been really disappointed with the progress of the story in Once Upon a Time. I thought season 1 was fantastic and season 2 was pretty good, however, I have not been enjoying season 3. I am still watching because I do like the reinterpretation of fairy tales and some of the characters. Plus I don't even have a clue what they are doing with the story right now...I hope the writers do!

I don't really have any ships, but the idea of Swan Queen is very appealing some days. Regina is probably my favorite character.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:11 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I haven't watched any of season 3 yet but I liked Season 1/2 (season 1 more). I'm not sure I full out ship anyone, but there's certainly some cute couples in there. I love the epic love dynamic of Snow/Charming but dammit do I get mad when they say 'I will always find you'. That's OUR line!!! I'm far too attached to W/T to let anyone steal one of their most iconic lines :P

I was waiting to have season 3 end to watch it because I forget week to week what happens in those kind of shows with a lot going on, sad to hear it's steadily declining :(

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:47 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Haha Snowing is actually really nice, they're like the Xander/Anya in BTVS terms when it comes to ships becuase they're pretty much together through it all.

Spoiler:
Meh, Neverland to be honest wasn't that bad. S3 is promising but I think after 3x12 coming up in a few months things might turn into a Doctor Who episode because of all the controversy with Storybrooke and what happened with Pan and gah. The most angering thought about 3x12 is that Regina lost Henry and Emma so shit is going down and with Storybrooke gone during that one year and man is it going to interesting.

I actually find the S2 a bit better than S1 because of the curse breaking and everyone has their fairytale identities and then they're in the real world trying to get things back together and it's actually kinda amusing.

Spoiler:
Plus Cora dying and Regina being framed for murder and almost killing Snow White and getting tortured and all those angsty S2 moments made me cry which is good since I barely cry during TV Shows.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:21 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Someone just made me watch the end of this season's finale, never seen the show before. And now I have to wait until, when? Next summer to see what this is all about? Doesn't matter, I'll be watching. Got a feeling next season is going to see a tremendous spike in ratings.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:53 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

gorn wrote:
Someone just made me watch the end of this season's finale, never seen the show before. And now I have to wait until, when? Next summer to see what this is all about? Doesn't matter, I'll be watching. Got a feeling next season is going to see a tremendous spike in ratings.

I see a lot of the die hard fans have considered themselves 'done' with it after the latest turn. They'll win plenty, but lost a lot too I reckon.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Laragh wrote:
gorn wrote:

I see a lot of the die hard fans have considered themselves 'done' with it after the latest turn. They'll win plenty, but lost a lot too I reckon.

Really? I honestly know nothing about the show, but I'd be sorry if die-hard fans were leaving. They deserve their show more than I do. Is it the [no spoiler] twist at the end, or just the general direction the show took? Hate to see any show go Season 7 on its fans, you know?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

gorn wrote:
Really? I honestly know nothing about the show, but I'd be sorry if die-hard fans were leaving. They deserve their show more than I do. Is it the [no spoiler] twist at the end, or just the general direction the show took? Hate to see any show go Season 7 on its fans, you know?

I'm not very into the fandom, but the main gripes I've seen are people feeling like they're just rehashing the same storylines with different characters (and making it up as they go along), this season finale gave (almost) everyone a happy ending (so they're anticipating more rehashed stuff), the person who didn't get a happy ending
Spoiler:
(Regina)
is a fan favourite and people are sick of them getting dumped on and that they're pulling a bit of a Glee by bringing in all the popular tween stuff because it's such a big target market.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:17 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Laragh wrote:
gorn wrote:

I'm not very into the fandom, but the main gripes I've seen are people feeling like they're just rehashing the same storylines with different characters (and making it up as they go along), this season finale gave (almost) everyone a happy ending (so they're anticipating more rehashed stuff), the person who didn't get a happy ending
Spoiler:
(Regina)
is a fan favourite and people are sick of them getting dumped on and that they're pulling a bit of a Glee by bringing in all the popular tween stuff because it's such a big target market.

Gotcha! I had absolutely no idea what was going on with the regular characters, still not entirely sure who they are or what their stories are, but from what little I saw I get what you're saying.

That spoiler thang is awesome! In all the years I've been here I never knew how to do it ... but I can see the hash tags in my reply to you. Check this out ...

Spoiler:
It's Thursday!

Now, let me check and see if that works.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Spoiler:
It worked, MKF!

and

Spoiler:
I didn't squeal like my daughters did, but I was surprised and happy to see Elsa!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:36 pm 
28. Com...plete

I've been obsessed with OUaT the last couple months, but half the time I don't even like it. I adore Regina and ship Swan Queen really hard, but as a whole the show increasingly disappoints me. I have mixed feelings about "the twist" and I'm interested to see where they take it, but it does feel like a ratings grab. The writers claim that they're very intentional with the show and have things planned, but they obviously couldn't have planned that twist very far in advance. When I don't like what writers are doing with shows, I try to remember the importance of artistic integrity, and try to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're following their vision and passion--but when they do something sensational like that, I lose some respect and it makes it harder for me to keep that in mind with other things. (Like the writers consistently insist that any Emma/Regina subtext is unintentional, which I don't buy, but a lot of Swan Queen fans want to convince the writers to make it canon, and I'm not comfortable with trying to convince anyone to change their vision; but when it starts seeming like their only vision is money and ratings, it gets harder for me to follow the belief of 'it's their work to do what they want with.')

At this point, I pretty much watch the show for Regina and her relationships with Emma, Snow, and Regina. There are a few other things I like, but they're increasingly overshadowed. I used to ship Rumbelle, but that was ruined for me with the end of the season, and Captain Swan makes me *super* uncomfortable (lots of misogyny/rape culture). I was okay with Outlaw Queen (Regina/Robin Hood) except it felt way too rushed and poorly done.

I love parts of season 3, namely the way Regina has developed. I love the bonding between she and Snow, and there are a few wonderful moments between her and Emma. I love that people are finally starting to see her as a hero. I'm also terrified about what the writers will do with her next season after the finale; I worry that they'll ruin all the development she's had.

Mostly, I read lots and lots of Swan Queen fanfic and look at pretty pictures of Regina and have lots of feelings about her. Sometime I like the show and sometimes I don't, but when the canon sucks there's fanon.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas