The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: eurovision song contest thread
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

Very proud of jade she did a fab job

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
I have found my thread!
I'm setting up shop here, if anyone needs me or wants to brick it in and set fire to it, you know where I am.

So First off Bulgaria was robbed. Growing up is getting old had everything of a classic Eurovision ballad. The staging wasn't the most exciting there was but it for the song lyrics, it suited it.

I wanted France over Italy when it got to the final vote. For a song completely in French, it felt like you could understand it. The singer went for it. As long as I don't look at them I like the guitar in Italy's song but I don't get why people went crazy for it. I felt Finland had better rock, more linkin park-ish and paired perfectly with Germanys act dressed as a middle finger.

Belgium are due a win. They send quality every year, bar one in recent years. Danger zone, wrong place and rhythm inside are songs that can be listened to on repeat constantly. Danger Zone has such a deep almost chilling vibe to it, the singer was nervous but it kind of worked as when she hit the strong notes it made them more impactful. Wrong place I ponder what's so special about her Johnny Cash T-shirt.

But Rhythm inside is my favourite Eurovision song of all time. I agree with Manns winning the guy is a Eurovision Icon and the staging was superb. But Loric was convulsing on the floor hitting all the notes, he has this really off putting body movement for his dance routine. The staging and whole act was black and white.. The sound he creates is catchy yet not easy to recreate. The whole thing is really stylistic and It goes for it. He ends it all with his normal high pitched youthful voice and its like. That teenager just did that. If he didn't win his high school talent contest id say its rigged.

What's your favourite Eurovision entry of all time or just ones you like. semi finals included. where else are you going to get a guy sing about space while whipping around his plaited ponytail. Or even your weirdest act.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:41 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
I'm still a big fan of "we are the winners of eurovision" for the sheer balls they showed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 am 
10. Troll Hammer

6th was a great place for it to end up, with the new voting system that would of been one with hardly any jury and then at the end its like the last three to be announced, leaving that hope of it possibly winning to the very last moment to then be crushed.
At the end of every final when the winner is announced, they should be forced to sing that instead of their song again.

For people who hate the company they are with at parties, I highly suggest playing "Alcohol is free" to try and trick people into thinking its a free bar and then watching all the disappointment of their faces.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

!00 DAYS TO GO!

This is not a warning people. Times a dwindling until the ultimate event of the year. get your shopping done, your bribes list for the jury bought, your copious amounts of booze for the drinking game. a stereotypical and possibly slightly offensive piece of fancy dress to wear while watching each country and then keep changing it to whoever is in the lead during the results. Glow sticks and tissues.

If you are doing an anti-Eurovision night then perhaps buy everything from the banned items list.
Could make a scavenger hunt out of it.

!00 days, that's roughly 8640000 seconds to go. So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:34 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Some songs for the day.

Ukraine's 2009 entry, Be My Valentine (Anti-Crisis Girl) performed by Svetlana Loboda - Slightly aggressive but play it outside someone's window with a boombox (an iPhone with a speaker jack just doesn't have the same effect) and I'm sure you'll get an answer. probably more no than yes.

Finland's 2013 entry, Marry me by Krista Siegfrids - Perhaps your day will follow these lines more.

The UK's 1976 entry Save Your Kisses For Me performed by Brotherhood of man. - If your day does go like the song above i dare you to make this your first dance at the wedding.

Greece's 2006 entry Everything Performed by Anna Vissi - Maybe you aren't over that recent break up.

Romania's 2007 entry, Liubi, Liubi, I Love You performed by Todomondo - Doesn't matter where or how you say it, it all means the same.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:36 am 
10. Troll Hammer

So yeah, humanity's demise is currently on going. I mean I never bought into the ideology a song contest would prevent war in Europe but instead of an I told you so Eurovision community, how about some lets pretend this world doesn't exist fantasy.

Glory's morning routine with her minions before her mimosa in the bathtub time.

And an important reminder to everyone out there. You're not alone.

Last edited by Dub on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:25 am 
10. Troll Hammer

42 days to go! That's exactly six weeks until the grand final.

Going through songs for the Willow and Tara song thread and I come across a few from time to time that fits areas of buffy well.

Currently have Supergirl as an ear worm. If they do a reboot of buffy they need to use this song in the promotional stuff because "Save all humanity on zero hour" is a modern day buffy line if I ever heard one.

This is an extract talking about the video - "We followed a young woman who finds the strength to embrace her special abilities in a society that perceives her as an outcast. It is a journey to explore her inner strength.”

The “SUPERG!RL” music video brings that story to life. Filmed in four different locations around Athens, it shows Stefania to be a young woman who uses her talents for good — seeking to help those in need and to bring joy to her classmates — first in secret, but later with an openness and confidence that we can all learn from."
- They should award her at prom with like a class protector award or something.

That sounds oddly familiar.

"Fighting in the dark over true love, let me be your supergirl" - Judging how all the relationships go in the show again oddly familiar.

"There’s no wonder it takes a woman
To be a hero more than a human" - Weird its almost like its meant to be about feminism when the writers remember.

"Find through the shadows your true identity" - Like having loads of bad times to realise you're ok and then having more bad moments but each one you learn something about yourself. Cant think of a character like that. like a character who, I don't know, died, killed her boyfriend, put a frenemy in a coma, college, dead mum, dead again, depression but its ok because at the end of it all she wants to show her only recently existent sister the joys of the world. yeah cant think of anyone.

" give me a signal and I’ll fly" - I'll beep ya.

I don't know if they've blatantly ripped off buffy or are blissfully unaware but its an enjoyable combination none the less.

Last edited by Dub on Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:34 am 
10. Troll Hammer

35 DAYS TO GO! That's exactly 5 weeks.

Another one I've come across that gave me a Buffy vibe is Germany's 2019 Eurovision entry Sister.

You think Sisters, you'd think Charmed but this one really sounds like Buffy and Dawns relationship.

I'm tired
Tired of always losing
I tried to stop your fire
Turns out that I couldn't
I'm tired
Tired of competing
I tried to hold you under
But, honey, you kept breathing

When you said you wanted the world
I said you couldn't too
You were walking right beside me
But I left no room for you
Calling you my enemy but my enemy's right here
It was my mistake to try and break
That power that I feared

I see flames in your eyes
Damn, they burn so bright
Oh, you gotta know I'm with ya
Now shine like city lights
Torches in the sky
Don't you try to hide it
Sister

I'm sorry
Sorry for the drama
I tried to steal your thunder
Turns out I don't wanna

I said you couldn't too
Calling you my enemy, but my enemy's right here
It was my mistake to try and break
Your power that I feared

Don't you try to hide it
Sister, sister, sister

Don't you try to hide it
Sister, sister, sister
Don't you try to hide it

Now shine like city lights
Torches in the sky

Don't you try to hide it
Don't you try to hide it
Sister

Tired of competing - For Joyce's attention

I tried to hold you under
But, honey, you kept breathing
- 'Weight of the world' You can suffocate a dream Dawn but then you wake up. I like Dawn so Yay Buffy didn't develop Freddy Kroger powers but then again if Dawn died I don't think I'd mind. Tara would though, so no Dawn death.

I said you couldn't too
- Dawn "Can I?" Buffy "NO!" - Good thing Dawn never asked to go to the toilet.

- Such an ego. it's like for four series Buffy completely failed to think at all of her little sister. I mean its not like she is mystical energy who was implanted into Buffy's life without consent, as if anyone would believe that.

Calling you my enemy but my enemy's right here - The 'out of my mind' spell.

Your power that I feared - Yeah portal opening to every demon dimension does seem like a power to fear. plus she is president of the Bad Day club while Buffy is only janitor, that's power.

- Not to go into the full theory by Dawn is literally Buffy without the slayer. So both are with each other personality wise.

Now shine like city lights - Imagine if the show went on for longer, maybe Buffy would finally say she wanted to show Dawn the world. Maybe she even trains Dawn up.

The Buffy Dawn relationship is so realistic. This entry got 0 points on the night and many would give Dawn zero points however you have to admit Buffy/Dawn scenes are great at grounding and centering the show to the real reason Buffy continues fighting.
Dawn brought to Buffy's life exactly what Joyce no longer could for the growing up processes. I think Dawn is worth killing off Joyce.
Germany may kill their winning chances off with the songs they choose each year but recently they have delivered on strong numbers based on human relationships, not clichés, although last year was a youtuber cliché but the middle finger was great, Finland approves.

Strong recommendation for You let me walk alone their 2018 entry. If I can find a way to change the song to somehow make the lyrics fit for Dawn talking about Joyce/Buffy/Tara or Buffy/Tara/Willow or maybe just even Dawn/Tara/Willow for the "one love of two hearts, threes kids and a loving (could change it to dead for the Buffyverse.) Mum. You made this place a home. A shelter from the storm" That sounds like the series 5/6 summer.
There are five weeks to go maybe an opportunity will show up to make it work.

Last edited by Dub on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:41 am 
10. Troll Hammer

28 DAYS TO GO! That's exactly four weeks.

If ever there was a Eurovision song written for Spuffy it would be Norway's 2013 entry, Feed you my love

A cocoon in a silent tree
Through the dark night you listen to me
When I whisper broken words in your ear

And you push, you push me hard to the surface
I'm blinded at heart but you wake me
You wake me up from the snow where I was born

Now I can see
The whole world is mine
I can touch and feel
I feed you my love

You put a knife against my back
And you dare me to face the attack
You say, "For cowards there's no reward"
Feel the heat

Take my hand, I trust your word
Bring the fire, I don't care if it hurts
I have the future on my tongue
Give me a kiss

Now I can see
The whole world is mine
I can touch and feel
So I feed you my love

You say, "For cowards there's no reward"
I have the future on my tongue

Now I can see
The whole world is mine
I can touch and feel
So I feed you my love

Feed you my love
So I feed you my love

All of it. It entirely encompasses the feel of Spuffy.
The vocals are good but its almost a screech like quality, its sounds good but at the same time it gives a feeling of being wrong.
The constant pumping sound in the background matched by the flashing lights gives a feel of unease also trying to trigger the fight or flight notion.
There's nothing about this that says it should work for a Eurovision song but it does and its banging.(I tried some youth lingo, it feels unnatural just like Spuffy.)

then looking at it lyrically
A cocoon in a silent tree
Through the dark night you listen to me
When I whisper broken words in your ear
- Why you come to be with me i think I finally know... You cant tell the ones you love, you know they couldn't deal. Whisper in a dead mans ear it doesn't make it real. Just a few lines that come to mind.

And you push, you push me hard to the surface - Post Tabula Rasa Spike is an undeniable pusher. As for pushing against a surface, take your pick. Sunnydale is a cesspit.

I'm blinded at heart but you wake me - I touch the fire and it freezes me, I look into it and its black, This isn't real, i just want to feel.

- Dead Things Balcony scene anyone? Its not a knife but there is penetration and eye contact with friends.

I don't care if it hurts - "You always hurt the one you love."

Personally I hate Spuffy, everything about it is wrong and why people idolise it I have no idea. Willow and Tara is in no way perfect (on both sides) but at least at the heart of it its healthy to a good degree. I have my issues with Bangle but again its no where near as wrong as Spuffy. I would say Spuffy is the worst relationship on the show. Pre Tabula Rasa Spuffy is endearing in its own way but Post Tabula Rasa and its a vile message of self harm on Buffy's part and Spike reversing all his character progression, both descend into atrocity but its somehow called love.

Much like Spuffy it shouldn't fit, its should be obvious for what it is but yet somehow its heralded as this great thing. Feed you my Love shouldn't work as a Eurovision song but it really does.

Not team post Tabula Rasa Spuffy but definitely team Feed you my Love (Only Teardrops is a deserving winner and Love kills is great so id say it my 2013 3rd place.)

Last edited by Dub on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:43 am 
10. Troll Hammer

A reminder on Earth Day that Greta Thunberg's mother, Malena Emman represented Sweden in 2009. no idea what the performance was but yet the wedding dress and weird half mask choreography screams Eurovision. It makes as much sense as chanting "No more blah blah blah" outside of G20. Antagonise the people pretending to sort the issues, that's going to get you a deserved invite. I feel if Greta entered Eurovision with 'No more blah blah blah' she would rank higher than 21st. Outshine your parents kids because they've set the bar so low.

Da Da Dam, proof that sometimes Its best to go with a purpose than a performance. Then you remember Paradise Oskar finished in 21st place as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:08 am 
10. Troll Hammer

21 DAYS TO GO! That's exactly three weeks.

"I'm just worried this whole session's gonna turn into some training montage from an 80's movie."

But Buffy, the 80's have some of the greatest films, Gremlins, Ghostbusters and most certainly not Star Trek the motion picture (That's 10 minutes of looking at the enterprise I'm never getting back) That can stay in the 70's. The 80's gave us The Wrath of Kahn instead, so much improvement.
Never underestimate the power of an 80's movie montage.

Let's modify the 80's montage for you Buffy with Finland's 2020 Eurovision entry Looking Back. Performed by Aksel.

*Dawn, Buffy, Giles, Anya, Xander, Willow and Tara are standing looking at night time Sunnydale*

We would fall asleep
Talking ’bout our dreams
Waiting for eighteen
Is never what it seems

*Close up of exhausted faces. sadness fills their eyes*

We were young and naive
Didn’t know what we need
We were in such a rush to grow up
We were restless, confused
Summer nights on the roof
Didn’t know what was in front of us

*Welcome to the Hellmouth scenes play - "Hi I'm Buffy." "Did you want me to move?" "Hey you forgot your ... Stake?" "You really have no idea what's going on, do you?" "You're standing at the Mouth of Hell. And it's about to open." "Well, just be careful." "God! What is your childhood trauma?!"

Chasing the high life
Stuck in the low lights
But we never know what we have
Until it’s over and we’re looking back

Speeding through red lights
We had a good ride

* Vampires, insect ladies, murder puppets, Inca mummies, Robot stepdads, bad eggs, Evil Boyfriends, Werewolves, Xander in Speedos, Murdering Boyfriend, run away, Adolescence adults, Dark slayer, Giant Snake, School go boom!, Roommate Kathie, Anya in a bunny costume, Heartbreak, Gentlemen who heart take, Professor Walsh, Adam, Dracula, Donny, Cousin Beth and Mr Maclay, Sobek demon, Queller demon, "Mom Mommy", Tara mind suck, "The hardest thing in this world ... is to live in it" Jumps in portal, Buffy rising from the grave, Brambles Lethe, "She needs back up", break up, addiction, left at the alter, Gunshot (Thank god it missed her)

All these memories
Made me feel at home
When I walk these streets
I’m the only one, I know

"Be Brave. Live"

We were young and naive
Didn’t know what we need
We were in such a rush to grow up
Now it’s too late to save
All the seasons have changed
Didn’t know what was in front of us

Chasing the high life
Stuck in the low lights

We had a good ride

Chasing the high life
Stuck in the low lights

We had a good ride

All the smiles, laughing at the end of I robot you jane, Giles dressed as a wizard, Everyone dancing at Prom, Class protector, Picnic opposite the school, general scenes of comradery, "Oh I'm nothing special" "no, you are", "You're a good person, and a good boyfriend, and...and I'm in love with you. Whatever they think of you, it shouldn't matter." "You make me feel like I've never felt before in my life. Like a man ... I just thought you might wanna know.", "It's the most amazing thing anyone's ever done for me.", "I know that I'm a monster. But you treat me like a man", "I'm so proud of you. You've come so far. You're everything a Watcher ... everything I could have hoped for."*

Yeah, we never know what we have

*" Closeup on Buffy VO: "No weapons... No friends... No hope ... Take all that away... and what's left?" "Me."

Close up of everyone's faces all adorned with a pride and hope.*

That's the power of a montage Buffy. You take an underdog and you show every aspect of them and what effect they have on the world. you were an underdog at ever being happy but the people you surrounded yourself with found purpose, they found their happy. They were part of your happy. You lived in hell going from one apocalypse and heartache to the next. But the in between parts you have genuine happiness with people who cared about you. "Life isn't bliss, life is just this, its living" You may have died twice but that means you've lived thrice. Not everyone can say that.

Respect the montage Buffy.

Looking back is a montage / used at every school leavers assembly set to bad pictures of school events no one enjoyed tune for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

14 DAYS TO GO! That's exactly 2 weeks.

Back in 2007 Switzerland put in their claim for running the reboot of Buffy. They wanted to focus more on the vampire aspect, really delve into what it means to be a vampire and have someone hunt them down and slay them.

Here is their pitch.

Campy angle - tick
Dance break - tick

I am a vampire, I'm a slave - A slave to the perils of being shunned by society, the expectations to be a monster.

I sleep through the daylight, hence my grave - Smart because sun is bad. they know how to maximise their nightly schedule.

Like a nightmare never-ending - tortured souls. Or no souls because, vampire.

Vampires are alive - I mean kind of, yeah , maybe, kinda.

we will be forever young - Oh ok, that's true, there was me thinking you poorly googled vampires when writing the pitch with your alive comment.

Don't be scared, don't drown in tears - Scared is not the feeling I get watching your pitch. You can drown in a puddle but I think drowning in tears would be quite the feat.

Free your spirit after midnight, sell your soul - So like a buy my soul get my spirit free kind of deal. People do like a bargain. Ok on with the pitch.

From heaven to hell, enjoy the ride - A roller-coaster too. who doesn't like vomiting over themselves and having someone else's vomit mingle in with it too. This reboot has it all.

You're here to surrender with your life - News to me. Your thrall is hampered by the mannequins behind you.

Vampires are alive
(And we will be forever young) X4
- You know there's a scroll bar you can use to reveal more information right?

Over all I think we will keep the show shelved for at least another 20 years, Thankyou for your time though. Suggestions on improvement, get James Marsters to make a cameo at the end to beat up the mannequins with a battered box of chocolates.

Unsurprisingly didn't qualify for the final. Maybe if they focused on two witches for the reboot instead.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:47 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Eurovision Week Is Here! So here's a run down of events.

9th May
This year America launched the American Song Contest. AmericaVision if you will but clearly trademarks did not allow.
The final airs on NBC, Not currently available in other countries.

Participants
Spoiler:
State - Performer - Song
Alabama - Ni/Co - "The Difference"
American Samoa - Tenelle - "Full Circle"
Colorado - Riker Lynch - "Feel The Love"
Connecticut - Michael Bolton - "Beautiful World"
Kentucky - Jordan Smith - "Sparrow"
North Dakota - Chloe Fredericks - "Can't Make You Love Me"
Oklahoma - AleXa - "Wonderland"
Tennessee - Tyler Braden - "Seventeen"
Texas - Grant Knoche - "Mr. Independent"
Washington - Allen Stone - "A Bit of Both"

10th May

Semi Final 1 starts at 21:00 CEST

Participants
Spoiler:
Country - Performer - Song

Albania - Roneia Hajati - Sekret
Latvia - Citi Zeni - Eat your Salad
Lithuania - Monika Liu - Sentimental
Switzerland - Marius Bear - Boys Do Cry
Slovenia - LPS - Disko
Ukraine - Kalush Orchestra - Stefania
Bulgaria - Intelligent Music Project - Intention
Netherlands - S10 - De diepte
Moldova - Zdob și Zdub and Advahov Brothers - Trenulețul
Portugal - Maro - Saudade, saudade
Croatia - Mia Dimšić - Guilty Pleasure
Denmark - Reddi - The Show
Austria - Lumix feat. Pia Maria - Halo
Iceland - Systur - Með hækkandi sól
Greece - Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord - Die Together
Norway - Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana
Armenia - Rosa Linn - Snap

12th May

Semi Final 2 starts at 21:00 CEST

Participants
Spoiler:

Finland - The Rasmus - Jezebel
Israel - Michael Ben David - I.M
Serbia - Konstrakta - In Corpore Sano
Azerbaijan - Nadir Rustamli - Fade to Black
Georgia - Circus Mircus - Lock Me In
Malta - Emma Musical - I Am What I Am
San Marino - Achille Lauro - Stripper
Austrailia - Sheldon Riley - Not The Same
Cyprus - Andromache - Ela
Ireland - Brooke - That's Rich
North Macedonia - Andrea - Circles
Estonia - Stefan - Hope
Romania - WRS - Liamame
Poland - Ochman - River
Montenegro - Vladana - Breathe
Belgium - Jérémie Makiese -Miss You
Sweden - Cornella Jakobs - Hold e Closer
Czech Republic - We Are Domi - Lights off

14 May

The Grand Final starts at 21:00 CEST

Confirmed Participants (Big Five)
Spoiler:

Italy - Mahmood and Blanco - Brividi
France - Alvan and Ahez - Fulenn
Germany - Malik Harris - Rockstars
Spain - Chanel - SioMo
United Kingdom - Sam Ryder - Space Man

Alessandro Cattelan, Laura Pausini and Mika, will host all the live finals.

We have a running order!