The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Letters to the Universe
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Dear Universe,
Please bless those injured in the bombing and the families of those killed. Bless those afraid for their loved ones. Bless the responders and all who work to help. Bless this country and allow us to respond with compassion and prayer and wisdom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Dear Universe,

I'd really appreciate it if you would stop toying with how my mind works and feels, because I in turn suffer when you do.

Thanks

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 pm 
28. Com...plete

Dearest Brother,

I miss you. I wish you were here to tell me you're proud, to believe in me and tell me it's all going to work out and be okay. I wish I could laugh with you. I wish you'd call me up for no reason and talk with me for hours like we used to. I miss you, and I hope... I hope you died knowing I love you.

With much love,
Little Sister

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:57 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
New job today..need good vibes...

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:25 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
drlloyd11 wrote:

Sending them in bucket loads!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

drlloyd11 wrote:

Hey, that's fantastic! Good luck!!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:43 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Topics: 1
Dear Universe…
Please slow down. Haven't visited this site in almost 5 years. Crazy good things have happened and its good to see how my life has changed.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:46 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Dear Universe,

I don't know what I did to please you and made you decide to change the odds in life to my favor so suddenly, after fighting for everything the past thirty years. But thank you, everything is finally falling into place. My writing is going GREAT, I finally found an amazing apartment in a fantastic area of the city and I've met the most beautiful, sweet and wonderful woman who likes me back.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:52 am 
28. Com...plete

Dear Universe,

Can things just be a little bit easier, just for a little while? Please? It's all so fucking complicated, and I am so not in the place to deal with it all... I would really love for *something* to be simple. I'd really really love for my life to be at least a teeny tiny bit sorted. Please?

~Jas

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Dear Universe,

Enough already with the life threatening infections, you've surpassed your quota with me and I'd really like to stick around for a bit longer. Plus, you're scaring the shit out of my wife and that is completely unacceptable.

Thank you, that is all.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:12 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
Allow me to quote "Cave" Johnson

Quote:
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:12 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Universe,
There seems to be a lot of tragedy. Of pain. Of sadness.

Please bless those in Oklahoma who have lost, who are waiting, who are injured. And please bless those who help.

Debra

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:26 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dear Universe,

I am grateful for this moment. For at this very moment I can take the time to say thank you! I am blessed and it doesn't seem to ever stop which is a beautiful thing. There is more consistency in the good then in the bad. Hard times bad times happen, but they do end. The good, well that is never ending. :) Writing that line made me smile. A smile is part of the things that are never ending. I smile more then I cry. I laugh more then being angry. I don't have any hate in my heart. I am not jealous of anyone. Some may have much more then me, but it doesn't make me mad or wish them bad. On the contrary, I am happy for them.

I am very rich because I have what makes me happy. I do what makes me happy. Whatever I don't have, if I want it bad enough I'll have it. Nothing in my life has been handed to me by anyone. I've worked hard to give to myself and do for myself. In the process I am able to do the same for others. Everything I touch turns to gold. The gold represents my blessings. I am not without flaws. In the end though I know I'm a good person. For if I wasn't then I shouldn't be as blessed as I am. I wouldn't be surrounded by wonderful people. People who treat me good. People who are in my life to give to the tree and not take from it.

My humble thanks,
Jen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:48 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Universe,
Thank you for the many blessings in my life. Thank you for my health and the health of my family. Thank you for the continuous miracle that is my children and their love every day. Thank you for my friends and family and for LD's healthy pregnancy.

Please continue to hold us in your gentle breath and hands and care for all your children.

Debra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Universe,
Thank you so much. I always think of the our donors on this day. I know they are not truly fathers of our children but without them, we would not have the kids. Thank you to 2 (3) young men who made their donations for whatever reason they might have had so that we could have these miracles in our lives.

Thank you,
Debra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Universe,
Please help us out this week. It looks like a busy one with Phoebe visiting, dinner with Es, 2 nights of Rachel working, Ace baby shower and then return Phoebe. And Asher having a hard time. Please help us all to breathe and keep perspective and stay loving.

Thank you,
Debra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:10 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dear Universe,

I wanna be so glad and happy about the praise/response I get to my creative efforts, but I...I can't help but feel like it's not enough. More than ever, I'm finding myself needing more and more inspiration, and that scares me more than anything else. It never used to be this hard, and I'm just wondering why it's changed all of a sudden. Was there some kind of rule change that I wasn't made aware of? Did someone break their foot and they had to up the game to make it fair? All I know is that I don't like it, and it doesn't seem to be a very good situation right now. All I want to do is write, and I feel like the ability to do that is being taken away from me.

Thank you,
Colton

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:24 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Dear person,

I know you think I'm stupid but I'm really not. I know its you. Say and do what you want its still you and still crappy that you do stuff like this. Its been a very long time. Get over it. I have. The very least you could do now is be a decent person, instead of spreading the vitriol that comes out of your mouth every time you open it. I'm sorry you got hurt, I'm sorry everything that actually happened, did. Most of all I'm sorry that everyone got into the situations they did. I've said it before but I figure it warrants another mention. I never set out to do any of this and the aftermath nearly broke too many people. It was never right. It couldn't be. I'm sorry you thought it could. I'm sorry in general.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:54 am 
3. Flaming O

Dear Universe,
Please help me help myself. Returned to work Mon after being off since the end of Feb.
I'm still sick (depression, anxiety, co-dependancy, bad sleep timing, some agoraphobia) but I have to go back due to my write up that is still ongoing. Dr has me on a restricted 5 hr work day. I still feel so miserable & Im feeling another shift in my depression. Dr is recommending electro shock therapy, hes not willing to make any more changes to my meds. I just want to have the drive to do anything. I want to enjoy all that I did. I'm so lost. I'm scared I will lose my job.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:54 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dear Universe,

As time passes and I continue to get older I can see things differently. I can see where they change and how; like love for example. Time passes and your love for someone either deepens or lessens some how. You love a person romantically but it turns into a friendship love or vice versa. I discovered this feeling when I saw 2 dear friends of mine yesterday. I could feel the warmth and love we had for each other when we hugged. Although I know these are difficult times after the passing of someone dear to us all. I appreciate them and hold them very close to my heart. Here are my thoughts from the heart to my dear friends and their family:

I feel said that grandpa is no longer with us physically, but I take comfort in knowing he's in a better place. A place I hope to make it to one day. The hardest part for me has been being in a room full of broken hearts. Even those of you that I may not be close to or see regularly your pain hasn't gone unnoticed by me. I've taken it all in and it hurts. It hurts to see so many of you hurting. With all this grief it can only mean one thing, that this man was well loved.

I truly believe that no one is alone in this world. That each of us has at least one person that cares about us and loves us, but to have a room full of people now that's a beautiful thing. One that I can appreciate and feel privileged to be part of. With that said I want to take this opportunity to thank grandpa for giving me reasons to smile. For every moment and conversation I had with him I always ended up smiling or laughing about something. This was one of the many things that made him special.

It's what makes this whole family special. I would like to thank you as well for always receiving me with kindness, warmth and respect. Each of you in your own right makes me smile and laugh too. This makes you special. I won't stop there. Each of you has your moments, your conversations and all of your memories about grandpa. He now lives on in you, which makes you extraordinary. You have a gift from him that will keep on giving. I feel blessed to be on both the giving and receiving end of that.

So you see universe even in the most trying times I am grateful for all that is presented to me, and for those who are presented to me. I may not always have many moments with everyone, but for the moments I do have I make them count. I don't have a family of my own except for my mother. To have friends that don't stop there and expand to their families makes me feel like I have the biggest family in the world at times. This isn't 600 facebook friends that I'm talking about either. I'm talking real people, real moments and real memories. It feels like I'm everywhere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Jen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:32 am 
28. Com...plete

Dear anyone who might ever form a partnership after their children are grown,

Tell your kids if you get legally married. Seriously, that might *matter* at some point. Do not wait over a year then say "Did I tell you we're married?" NO. You kid married, you tell your kids. Period. I don't care if it's just a technicality you don't care about, it's a technicality that could be legally important. So tell your effing kids.

Sincerely,
A grown child whose parent should have had this advice

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Jas - I only know when my father got married because my brother was driving through his part of the country and asked to come by and my father told him they were busy that weekend. Then told him they were getting married. That was about 18 years ago.

But ...

Dear Universe/Lord/God,

First I'm wondering if you are joking. I can only think two explanations: The first is that you are joking. The second is that you are testing us or choosing us for this.

I feel like we've done everything right for our children. We have put so much thought and effort into parenting. Even into becoming parents. We saved money. Rachel went off caffeine. We choose the donor. We intentionally got pregnant. Ate carefully during pregnancy. Did limited vaccinations. Cloth diapered. Kept the kids at home. Attachment parented. Co slept. Home schooled. 1 dose of antibiotics ever. Went to natural doctors. Didn't feed the kids meat. Or coke. Took them to chiropractic. And Homeopaths. And acupuncturists. And a neuroscientist. And gentle parenting. And prayer. And mantras.

And Asher has his issues and that was always just what came along with the profound giftedness. But this...

I don't know if it's Pandus. I guess we will find out next week. But ... this is painful for him. It hurts to see him so anxious and afraid of touching anything. To wash his hands so much his hands hurt from dryness. To not be able to sleep because he is worried that his foot touched his pajamas.

Is this just you saying, "Yep. Of all the parents, Debra and Rachel are the ones who will handle this well!" Do you have that much confidence in us? Or is it random?

Whatever it is, I ask your help. I ask your blessing for our family and especially for Asher. Please help us help him. Please help our providers to ensure the most peaceful life for him. To let him do daily activities without fear and anxiety. Please help our friends and family be able to understand that something has changed suddenly and that we and he need understanding and support.

I appreciate all our blessings and everything in your abundance.
Debra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:30 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dear Universe,

I am done with your crap. Done. 150 % DONE! I am not going to take this anymore. I've had people tell me for months numerous times that I deserve to be happy and that they love my work. The damn depression that I have made it so that I didn't want to see that. But now? I think I realize that they're right. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to think that my work is good. And you know what? I'm proud that I can write and put things out there that people can and do enjoy! Damn proud! When I first started writing, I remember being so afraid when I first got feedback on something, and that when I got positive stuff on my FIRST TIME, I was bouncing off the walls with excitment. I realize now that I've acted like I didn't deserve that, and I do. I'm sorry to anyone and everyone that has had to put with my depressive episodes. I'm making a promise that all that shit is done from here on out. I"m done with! I may have it in my brain, but It is not gonna control me for a minute longer!

Sincerely,
Colton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Lord,
Thank you for this day. Thank you for the peace of yesterday. Thank you for the hope that we are moving in a better direction. Thank you for those who help us.

Debra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:32 pm 
2. Floating Rose

To whom ever it may concern,
I think it's funny that you still think I care, cause I don't. I cared about your until the point where you made it very clear you didn't even want to be friends, and that was quite some time ago. As a matter of fact, I think I wrote something to that effect, but then again, you always take things the way you wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:58 am 
28. Com...plete

Dear dining hall,
Two kinds of cheese, french fries, chips, and cookies do not a vegetarian brunch make. At least have some effing fruit or salad or *something*.

Sincerely,
A pissed-off student who was assured there would always be vegetarian options

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:56 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Universe,

Please help Asher do well in his testing. Please let the doctor be able to accurately measure his IQ and determine any diagnoses so we can help him as well as we can.

Thank you.
Debra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:50 pm 
28. Com...plete

Dear S,

It sucks that you don't trust me with your son, or don't want me in your home, or whatever the reason is for not letting me watch him even though you need care. What sucks even more is that you wouldn't even talk to me about it. I love your kid and I love you; we're supposed to be family and family doesn't treat each other like that. If you don't want me taking care of your son at least have the decency to tell me.

~the sister who never feels good enough

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Dear Universe,

Really now. We've been over this already. I do my part, you do your part. I've been writing very diligently, I've written a goddamn book, I've been sticking my neck out, asking people to read my stuff, but every time I get a no. This is not encouraging. And I really try, you now, Universe. I get creative in my efforts to solve the problem (y'know, the problem where I really need a mentor of some kind), but it's just not very encouraging when you consistently keep shutting the door on me. So if you could please talk to Karma or Serendipity or whatever people you've got working for you, and tell them to do their job. I think, after all the shit I've been through this year, I deserve a payoff of some kind, don't you think?

Secondly, why, Universe, why? You know I've been through enough shit with girls. And I've more or less explained the heartbreak away every time, trying to see a valuable lesson in it. But K? Really now. Why would you send such a wonderful creature on my path and not make her gay? I think it would've been better if we had never met at all.

Don't get me wrong, Universe. I'm really grateful for all the friends you've given me the past few years. My circle of friends has really expanded exponentially, and my previously nonexistent social life is now flourishing. But as you may guess, it's not the friendships in my life which bother me. I have friends, thanks to you. But what I need (more than just want) right now is just that little extra, and you're refusing to give it to me. :mad Not cool, Universe, not cool.

Do your job, and I'll do mine. It's as simple as that.
H.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:42 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Dear Universe,

Thank you thank you thank you for making someone as awesome as Charlotte Morgan exist. This incredible softball player, not to mention woman, has gone through so much and still succeeds. She's an inspiration to all who know of her. Please let her to continue to touch peoples lives and change them for the better. I know it might be weird to thank the universe for her but I say this not as a fan, rather as a friend. Having the chance to get to know her and Kelley the past 7 months has been truly incredible.

And if you could please, make sure her aunt makes it through all of her radiation and chemo treatments. The entire family is pulling for her and it would help if you would too.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next