The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: When you were a kid what did you want to be?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:02 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh, I was so sure that I was going to be a doctor. I decided that when I was seven and was so determined about it that my high school graduation cards actually came addressed to "Dr. Meghan". Then I got into college and realized that I hated my science classes because they would never give me a reason why we were learning all sorts of obscure pieces of information that would probably never come up again (still haven't needed to use all those memorized phyla).

So I switched to English Lit where they basically said "we don't have a reason, we just like to read and talk about it" and I could get behind reasoning like that. Present day, I'm in law school. Does that mean I'm going to be a lawyer? Who knows, I guess we'll all have to wait and see. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 pm 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
My first choice was archeologist. then I found out the bad way I'm claustrophobic. Like, I fainted in a waaaay bigger space than a site would be. so, well, not up for dying so hey, switched to doctor, genetic researcher. like, mad scientist lol. I wouldn't say no to being a riding instructor though, since it looks like I'm good at it. still, there are too many out there, so I'm still on research.

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I wanted to be the pink power ranger (haha), then a police officer - as my dad is one, then a fire fighter, then a RAF fighter pilot.

Could still tackle the RAF pilot thought, but I'm too lazy, and don't really have the brain for maths.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 pm 
8. Vixen

Quote:
I wanted to be the pink power ranger (haha),

I second that! :lol The yellow ranger didn't really ever seem that cool... i loved Amy the hedgehog too :lol

For a very long while i wanted to be a primary school teacher. Now my gf is working her way through uni to be a teacher! :laugh its awesome.

Eventually, i want to study social anthropology and see where that takes me. For now, i'm happy baking until i get my permanent visa :).

Between the seasons we find room to breathe out... -I'll Go Until My Heart Stops

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:39 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

When I was younger, a long long time ago ;)) , I wanted to become a (forensic) pathologist. When I was in 10th grade I had this internship at a famous university hospital in the pathology department. I had a really good time and liked it, but I didn't want to study medical science until I turned 30 or so...Yep, germany sucks in that department!

Later I wanted/still want to become a social education worker or a psychologist, but things unfortunately did not work out... Maybe someday! :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:02 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

A lesbian!!!

No, really, in 4th grade I learned what the word lesbian meant, and my response was "that is what I want to be when I grow up"

Anyway, on a more serious note, When I was little, I wanted to be a paleontologist, cause I loved dinosaurs, and after that I wanted to be a Vet.

I am now hoping to be some sort of dog trainer, either police dogs, guide dogs, or service dogs, but i still may go into veterinary work.

Terrabean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:14 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

as a kid I didn't want to be anything, because I knew I couldn't
as a teenager I started to believe I could, so I worked real hard to i become a lawyer and after that a journalist... but my parents made sure I couldn't

Now I becoming a fashion designer because Ie always been making/inventing new clothes
And seriously thinking of taking my photography to a professional level
and I'll make sure no one can ruin it

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:09 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dorothy wrote:
as a kid I didn't want to be anything, because I knew I couldn't
as a teenager I started to believe I could, so I worked real hard to i become a lawyer and after that a journalist... but my parents made sure I couldn't

Now I becoming a fashion designer because Ie always been making/inventing new clothes
And seriously thinking of taking my photography to a professional level
and I'll make sure no one can ruin it

*hugs that's good!

OT: ok don't laugh but I got reminded that when I was very very young I wanted, at some point gods know why... I wanted to be a monkey! I must have been 3 or 4 at the time.

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

Last edited by JujuDeRoussie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

when i was 6 i wanted to be the white power ranger. lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I was the only person in kindergarten that wanted to be a Special Effects maker. Everyone else was still stuck on astronaut/fireman/princess... regardless, things turned out differently.

Never