The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183
 Post subject: Re: General Chat Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
Just got back to RL from our annual all-gay, all-drunk, family weekend. And the music was all about nostalgic, nasty* beats and EDM. Apparently we all used to be a bunch of nutty party kids. And Miss Kittin & The Hacker(!!) comes on with Stripper. The sense memory was so specific--single, stoned and sweaty in the club. Listening to songs about girls wanting girls, brash sexuality and fuck-it-all. Fischer Spooner, Ladytron, Lords of Acid, Crystal Castles, Peaches, Scissor Sisters, Linda Lamb, Larry Tee, Avenue D, MonoTrona...Electroclash felt so queer; it really did help me come to terms with my gayness.

And those lyrics! My girlfriend is a stripper in a Swiss peep show. Dancing on a carousel, looking like a hologram....

*This conversation about Khia, Li'l Kim, 2 Live Crew, Akinyele, Ludacris and Missy is going to have to be a whole other thing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

Artemis wrote:

Er, so did you know that Dreamworks TV and Netflix and doing a She-Ra reboot? Noelle Stevenson of Lumberjanes fame is the showrunner. She's very very good. Apparently they've been developing the project for 2 years now. And this is exciting news.

I guess this is why she stopped working on Lumberjanes.

https://www.themarysue.com/noelle-stevenson-she-ra-netflix/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Topics: 4
Wow - no, I wasn't aware, all I'd heard out of the Eternia/Etheriaverse was rumblings of a movie reboot of He-Man (which, if they ever get to it, could be fun, but I'd kind of expect a pretty middle-of-the-road fantasy action thing). That's not a lot of info obviously, but it does sound promising - the quality of the people behind it aside (I mean, Eisner winner, say no more) what they're saying, about friendship and empowerment, gives me confidence they're really seeing what's at the heart of She-Ra, not just what's marketable. So, yeah, agreed - exciting news. Thanks for the heads-up.

(And the tweet from her girlfriend, as well as being adorable, really put the bow on it - rainbow, sword, glittery stars, that's basically the DNA of She-Ra right there.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

Artemis wrote:
- rainbow, sword, glittery stars, that's basically the DNA of She-Ra right there.)

OMG, it's here. And it's so queer!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello I'm new here. Was recommended by a friend. Not sure if I'm doing this right

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 34
IndigoHealer wrote:
Hello I'm new here. Was recommended by a friend. Not sure if I'm doing this right

Hey IndigoHealer. Welcome :) If you have any questions about this place or getting around, feel free to ask!

Check out my finished fics

Current Series: College Confidential ... Adult Confidential ... Hacker Confidential ... Family Confidential

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183