The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Chat Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:48 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

No need to learn Dutch, you'll have a hard time finding anyone that doesn't speak English here, heck, even one of my grannies does!

All those different ways of using one word keep killing me in both German and French, why can't they just be like;

I walk, You walk, we walk, she walks, they walk
I eat, you eat, we eat, she eats, they eat

noo, it's gottabe

je me promene, tu te promenez, elle se promenes, nous nous promenent, vous vous promener, ils se promenons
ich esse, du isst, ihr esst, wir essen, Sie esse...

and I probably got that wrong too LoL cause I keep screwing it all up in my head

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:12 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Dorothy wrote:
No need to learn Dutch, you'll have a hard time finding anyone that doesn't speak English here, heck, even one of my grannies does!

ich esse, du isst, ihr esst, wir essen, Sie esse...

and I probably got that wrong too LoL cause I keep screwing it all up in my head

Even if this might sound a little smartass like, it is:

ich esse, du isst, ihr esst, wir essen, sie essen...

So, now I even confused myself. I know what you mean though. I hated the fact about Latin too. English seems very simple in that department, even though it's probably the most beautiful language - at least in my opinion...

I'm glad your granny does speak English. My dad never learned, but he's trying hard. I think my mother and I probably are the only ones in my family, who do speak English (and not too bad so, if I may add *grins)... Believe me, my family is so big, that I'm glad, if I remember 50% of their names.

Sooo, if I may ask, in which part of the Netherlands do you live? If you don't wanna answer, that's fine too. I understand. Just too curious for my own good and I'm running on alot of coffee.

Last edited by Kessari on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:38 pm 
28. Com...plete

Dorothy wrote
Quote:
je me promene, tu te promenez, elle se promenes, nous nous promenent, vous vous promener, ils se promenons

I'm not familiar with this specific verb, but I have to assume it would be nous nous promenons and ils se promenent, as most verbs end in ons for the nous form and many end in ent for the ils/elles form... Sorry, I don't get many chances to make use of my five (crappy) years of French :)

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:24 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Ohhh, seems like someone loved five years of French as much as I loved five years of Latin... :-D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:30 pm 
28. Com...plete

Actually I did love French. The crappy referred to the quality of the classes, especially my fifth and final year when the actually class didn't fit into my schedule and so I was basically independent study, which meant I learned very little.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:37 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Kessari wrote:
Sooo, if I may ask, in which part of the Netherlands do you live? If you don't wanna answer, that's fine too. I understand. Just too curious for my own good and I'm running on alot of coffee.

Amsterdam best idea ever to move here

Amsterdam is so cool that the customs guy at LAX really didn't understand why I wanted to visit LA, since he thought Amsterdam was way cooler. Prob something to do with the grass on the other side being greener... and sunnier (and more Amber-infested )

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

Last edited by Dorothy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:16 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Kessari wrote:
Ohhh, seems like someone loved five years of French as much as I loved five years of Latin...

lol seems I've found someone who loved five years of Latin as much as I will
And Dorothy, Italian's just like that, maybe even worst what with irregular verbs

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

Last edited by jay/wt4evr on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:45 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Dutch is pretty bad too LoL

ik loop, jij loopt, zij loopt, wij lopen, zij lopen...

I am gonna start that language thread that sprouted from a badly translated russian spampost back up, that was such a fun thread but it was deleted with the spam.

(O.o )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Just to settle all your brains :)

Je me promène
Tu te promènes
Il/Elle/On se promène
Nous nous promenons
Vous vous promenez
Ils/Elles se promènent.

=)

I know, we're complicated... LoL. It gives us some charm? :blush

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:27 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

grmbl and that accent grave (no idea what the English name is) appearing and dissapearing too LoL *pout* no charm!!! ;-)

(O.o )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

it's because it ain't the same pronuciation :)

Yes charm! ;-)

Please? LoL
Though now you can all think "poor French kids!" and poor Juju who's taking a french exam tomorrow. LoL

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Yeah poor French kids indeed LoL

*hugs* another exam to ace tomorrow? coolish :) you'll be like queen of the a's

(O.o )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:06 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dorothy wrote:
Yeah poor French kids indeed LoL

*hugs* another exam to ace tomorrow? coolish you'll be like queen of the a's

yeah right. if I ace it like I did during the first round.... 4.5/20.... >_<
I wish we could have had access to our copy to see what went wrong. But it was during the blockage. blocage? The time when we couldn't access most of the buildings.

Last edited by JujuDeRoussie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:06 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

jay/wt4evr wrote:
lol seems I've found someone who loved five years of Latin as much as I will

Ahh, you started already?
Well, I really think Latin is kinda intriguing somehow, but my class was awful. More like my classmates to be honest. In less than four months after starting Latin classes, our teacher had a heart attack (because of us I guess), another teacher ran screaming and THEN she came... The teacher from HELL!
That woman was shorter than I and I mean seriously, every five year old is taller than me. She was new and it was her first day at our school. She looked like she was freaking 12 years old and yes, I was young and stupid. Couldn't shut my mouth and asked her, if she searched for her mom... DUDE, that was so embarrassing and after that she just hated me. Anyway, I passed. Muhahahahaha!

@ Dorothy: Amsterdam? Really? Ohhh, that's awesome! Okay, first thing I think everyone thinks about, when the Netherlands come up are the "Coffee Shops", but Amsterdam has such great architecture. I always wanted to go there and I hope in October I can convince some friends to come along.

Last edited by Kessari on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm 

Yep, already started, almost {hopefully} finished, I've currently ended an uneventful fourth year, since every time it was 'the author followed the epicure doctrine, but not completely' lol. My first two years were waaaaaay more lively, since our teacher went through all of the five-year-program and we didn't understand the slighest bit :p After her came the hottie, hot in that mature-older-woman way...you try focussing! lol Ah! I feel ya mate for the height, thankfully our Principal is shorter than my 5' 21'' :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:08 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Well our first teacher, who had the heart attack and retired was our principal... Ohh, his wife was sooo pissed at us. :-D Our second teacher, who ran screaming was a hottie - as hot as a man can be! We were like 20 girls and 2 boys in our class and all the girls were like drooling over him. Hehe, looking back it makes me laugh so hard.
I gotta admit the best day of my Latin classes was, when we all passed the advanced proficiency exam though. No one failed and gosh I've never been this drunk again in my life! We started drinking at school, even though we had classes later. (Just have to mention that it was a catholic private school...) Then later we had this party and wow, it was awesome!!!! Can't believe that it was exactly 5 years ago... Now I feel old... WAHHHH! :-D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:25 pm 

Oh pissing off teachers, I have some experience at that ;) Back in primary school we changed 7 english teachers in four years :p And three of them went away cuz of us lol. Ah well, every other year the last day we bring a massive amount of alchool to feast on :p I remember this one time, it was two years ago, we opted for staying in after the lessons ended, because outside there'd be a flour/eggs/coffee/and other sticky things bombardment, so the school was totally lacking of its usual 1400 ot so students, and we went around drinking, a bottle each, and laughing like posessed :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Awesome. That really sounds fun.
I remember fifth grade, just after coming to the new school, we stayed in our classroom on break. It was on the third floor and we threw chocolate milk and strawberry milk cartons out of the windows at our teachers feet, who stood outside. It was like bombing them and goooosh it was funny as hell, seeing them bathed in sticky milk... We were such bad kids! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 pm 

But you were kids! We're doing the same thing at 18!! lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I'm still doing strange stuff at 22 and loving every minute of it! :-D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 pm 
That's the best part of life :) Happy Friday to all!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I agree with you here... YAY FRIDAY!... Urgh, still gotta head to trade school in a few though...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:18 am 

Well I hope I'll still be doing crazy stuff at >60!! Above all at 69 hihi ;)
Me preparing myself to a looong two-hour-lesson plus two-hour-trip to get to lesson....sigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:03 am 
Two hour trip filled with dancing scenery, rain pitter pattering merrily on the window panes ... and did I mention hotties in cute skirts or tight jeans?

Two hour lesson too? I'm sure either the teacher or some of the girls in your class rate highly as far as sexiness is concerned.

Enjoy Jay and you can tell me all about it tonight. :-D

Kessari, have a jolly good time as well ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 am 
10. Troll Hammer

My friends and I did alot of crazy stuff at school today. We do have this teacher, who is constantly confused. The three of us waved him over to our group and confused him even more. He ran screaming from the class. It was so darn funny! :-D
Must have been the best day at school in ... ever I think. Then one of my friends drove another friend and me to the train station with her car... Gosh, I've never seen anyone curse so much while driving. Definitely a great experience. Hilarious! :)

Hope everyone has/had a good day (at school) too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 pm 
28. Com...plete

Have a video of a special Hi to the Kittenboard from Amber that I took when she was here in Houston...would like to post it on the board...could someone please tell me how to post a video here?

Amber: Oh yes, Aly and I will take credit for that

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:02 am 

I think you can only post a link :paranoid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:58 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Kittens I wonder why you hadnt been using this post as much as before!!

I wanted to say I missed the board.
And Goodnight you all!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:20 am 
Anything can be revived and rejuvenated. Passion is always present. It's will that is lacking :) And most importantly, I feel this represents the dismissal of old energies and all that we do not need.

I am grateful to this Board for all the beautiful connections I have made ever since the two of us connected.

Cheers girls and blessings be to all of you.

Vi'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:27 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

We all talk on Facebook now lol We are still going strong on here and there. :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next