The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Freddie Mercury ~ 05/09/1946 - 24/11/1991
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

I should have actually posted this on here yesterday (24th Nov.) but didn't think to. I posted it on myspace yesterday, but I re-read it today and realised that I like what I wrote, so in honour of this icon to millions, I'm going to re-post this here today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 years to this day a Legend of Music died.

Twas 1991, I was but a wee young whippersnapper, but Mr Mercury made a huge impact on my future aspirations. A major icon for millions worldwide, he was an amazing performer who many today still look up to in their own performances. An openly 'bisexual' icon in the public eye during a time when sexuality wasn't as openly accepted by the mass majority, he is to be admired for assisting in bringing related issues to the masses. If you weren't aware of the AIDs epidemic prior to Freddie's demise, you were after. Mr Mercury died just one day after announcing to the world he was, indeed, HIV positive, and died of AIDS related bronchio-pneumonia. 5 months after his death a tribute concert was held in Wembley in which the proceeds went to AIDS awareness. Stars such as Elton John, George Michael, David Bowie, and Guns n Roses contributed to this tribute, showing their support and respect for this artist, and assisting to furthermore raise the AIDS profile.

Though he is such a key player in the AIDS awareness issue, first and foremost he was an amazing, incredible, and much admired performer. Frontman of Queen, alongside Brian May, Roger Tayler, and John Deacon, this foursome brought a new level to the music industry. A new level that many bands have tried to contend with, and will continue to contend with, but will never reach. Come on, there's not a single soul out there who could re-write Bohemian Rhapsody.

15 years gone, forever in our hearts and on our radios.

So if you give a damn, cast a thought.

Long live the Queen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Ali.

Onstage I make love to 25,000 people. Then I go home alone - Janis Joplin.