The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: The Rant Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:08 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Sometimes my sister REALLY pisses me off!

She invited my daughter and niece down to Corpus for a girls weekend. First, she bought tickets to a concert featuring bands SHE loves and they've never heard of, then tells them a couple hours ago about all the stuff they're gonna do and to bring their own money to do it!

HELLO! YOU ASKED THEM. Teenagers about to leave for college in a few weeks knowing THEY HAVE NO MONEY! My niece is 5 hours from home. So exactly where is she supposed to get all this money before they leave tomorrow morning? Ok wait, now I get it! WE'RE supposed to give them ALL the money they need...for the weekend SHE planned as their graduation gift! WTFFFFFFFF?????????? :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome

Let's also not forget how she invited herself and the boys to my house for Christmas this year without asking if we already had plans or not. Again... :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:02 pm 
28. Com...plete

This isn't exactly a rant but I didn't know where else to put it...

I've been chatting with a girl online and she seems great. I really like talking to her and she shows interest in all the right ways. She asked me on a date - and I said no.

I haven't been on a date or had any sort of romantic relationship in 4 and a half years. I want to date. I think I could really like this woman.

But she's dating other people right now. I know I couldn't feel comfortable in an actual relationship with someone who's seeing other people. So what would be the point? I could probably go on a couple of dates before it got to a point that I wasn't comfortable with non-monogamy, but I see little point in dating someone knowing it couldn't go farther than that. What would happen if I really liked her? I stop seeing her and feel really sad? I ask her to date me exclusively, which would most likely end in rejection and would definitely put her in an awkward place? I keep seeing her despite knowing that it couldn't be what I really want?

We're going to meet as friends and I'm looking forward to it. I'm new to the area and really need friends here. But I'm disappointed, and I'm struggling to separate the disappointment because I like *her* and the disappointment because I turned down the first person who showed interest in me since 2013.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
i went to summer camp with my boyfriend. (we're both trans boys jsyk but we're not out at camp). it's like, 20% gay people and 80% homophobes, basically. and this ass, we'll call her mary ellen, comes up to us while we're in the pool. keep in mind we weren't making out, we were literally just near each other. we might've hugged or something. and the conversation goes like this

mary ellen: hey LADIES .....
me: hello!
mary ellen: listen, i know you girls are close, but.. the way you're acting .... is making other people uncomfortable. just like if it were a guy and a girl! do you understand?

and i thought it was stupid but i guess i was fine with it, i don't know what i was expecting. but the part that makes me really angry is it kept happening. we werent making out, we were sitting together. gasp! i know! 16 year old gays sitting together. scandalous!! and mary ellen had the NERVE to be like "hi ladies...... i know you're really good friends and everything but i've gotten multiple complaints from counselors and students ........ all this touching and rubbing and hand holding is really inappropriate and has to stop or i'll call your parents and have you separated .... thanks! (:" like can you imagine being so extra that you call occasional hugs "touching and rubbing" and get upset that two people hold hands sometimes

long story short i hate summer camp

"i would sooner die in your arms than live without you in mine."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:06 pm 

I'm probably going to sound like an asshole, but I just need to vent.

I've come to the conclusion that some people, usually the ones that bitch and complain, will never go further in life than where they are right now. I'm serious. Some people were made to lead, but the majority are made to follow. The perpetually irresponsible that can't do shit unless someone fucking tells them to....from wiping their ass to turning the fucking lights off before they leave work.

It's not even the fact they didn't turn them off that bugs me, but the fact that the last person to leave had the balls to lie about it. "I shut everything off before I left." No, you didn't. "Someone mush have come back after I left." Even if they had, the string of party lights and Sensy thing wouldn't have been turned back on. "Well, idk because I turned them off." OMG! WTF? NO. YOU. DIDN'T.

Why lie about something so insignificant? Just take some fucking responsibility, be accountable. Like, "Hey, I'm sorry, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again." And then make damn sure it doesn't. Because if I can't trust you to turn the lights off, I can't trust you to be here when I'm not and then you serve no purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:44 pm 
28. Com...plete

I'm really down and kinda grumpy this evening, and it's extra sucky cause tonight was supposed to be great and start off an awesome weekend.

I have family in town and went to hangout with them for a bit, but it was largely stilted/awkward and it was kinda rough seeing how poorly the woman who is basically my aunt is doing now - I'd been told how sick she is, but seeing it was totally different. I pretty quickly clued in that the hangout was not going to last as long as I had planned, so checked in with my girlfriend about her evening plans and she said to come over as early as I could.
Girlfriend has a friend in town this weekend, so I knew she wasn't going to be as flexible, but when I was getting ready to leave I told her I'd be there 9 or a little before and she said no problem. Then when I'm halfway there, expecting to arrive 8:30ish, she texts that they've only just gotten to the restaurant and probably won't be home by 9.
I know it's not really her fault, wrangling 4 or 5 people isn't easy and I did tell her 9 not 8:30, but I just feel really bummed and frustrated. Thankfully when she texted I was near my stop, so I just got off the bus and came home, but now even though I want to see her I don't really want to leave again. I don't want to go socialize with her friends, at least one of whom I haven't met, and fake energy that I don't feel. And she's bummed that now I don't want to come until later, but like, she's the one who told me to come as early as I could and then wasn't ready? So I'm sort of annoyed at her for being down about it, even though that's not fair. And then she told me she was feeling grumpy and I figured the grumpiness was because she wouldn't see me until late, but she said it was cause she was hungry and a tiny, super-selfish part of me felt disappointed that it wasn't about me - which then makes me feel like an awful person/partner.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:15 am 

I’m self employed and own a small business. I’m good for maybe another month? And then it’s straight up bankruptcy. My life’s work down the fucking toilet in the blink of an eye. I still have employees to pay, rent, etc. Not to mention personal stuff like a mortgage & a kid in college. My wife can’t pay everything and I can’t put us in more debt trying to stay in business.

Everyone keeps saying, “we’re all in the same boat.” Yeah, and it’s the God damn Titanic! I swear, If one more rich celebrity says “we’re all in this together,” I think my head may explode. They’re on the lifeboats while the rest of us are just trying to hang on while the ship goes down, and we know it’s going, it’s just a matter of when.

I think what’s really got me so pissy tonight is all these idiots not social distancing. Seriously, what part of “stay away from people” do they not understand? I was just on Snapchat and instead of going out, they’re having house parties. Not a care in the world. Business as usual. Then whining, “how much longer is this going to last? I need to get my nails done.” When they’re the cause! Idiots.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:24 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I see parents still sending their kids out to play with each other around the neighborhood. Like WTF.

I live alone, so I haven't touched nor spoken face-to-face with another human being in weeks. It's extremely fucking isolating and lonely and people are out there ignoring what little information we have to curtail this. :crash

(I also lost money on and had to cancel a trip that I spend the whole year looking forward to :happy :cry )

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:35 pm 

I own a business and I am currently hiring for two full-time positions for people with experience. These are some of the applicants and why I’m about to go completely insanely. My thoughts are in italics.

Tell me about your experience in this field.
“I don’t have any, but I like learning new things.”
Ok, um, in the job description I specifically stated I’m looking for someone with previous experience.
“Oh, you were serious? Well, I’ve always wanted to learn so I could start my own business in this field.”
This isn’t a public fucking school, idiot.

We’re open Monday - Saturday and I need people who are available to work 35 to 40 hours per week. We are swamped during the summer months, Saturday is our busiest day and a mandatory work day. What is your availability?
“ANYTIME during the week from 3pm to 6pm and maybe some weekends.”
FULL-TIME, is not 15 fucking hours/week, ya asshat.
Same question, different person…
“This is up for discussion as I currently have two kids under the age of 4. I guess I could maybe work some during the summer but you would need to be able to schedule around my son’s golf tournaments.”
Actually, it’s not really up for discussion. This is a full-time position, so I need someone who can work at least five days a week.
“Like I said, I’m willing to discuss my options, but will need time off for a pre-planned two week family vacation, the golf tournaments and I really do need to work around my kid’s schedules.”
There are no other options!! I’lm not changing my business hours to fit YOUR 4 YEAR OLD SON’S fucking golf schedule.

Can you please send me your phone number?
“Sure, it’s.. 783644491204.”
I think you included too many numbers here, it should only be 10.
“Oh, I’m currently in South Africa, but you can call this number anytime.”
I’m actually looking for someone immediately and am unable to call international numbers. When would you be available to start?
“I won’t be back in the US for another 6-weeks. I am also not legally authorized to work in the US, but I really look forward to being part of your team.”
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?

We work with minor children and run a criminal background check on everyone. Do you have the ability to pass a criminal background check?
“Probably not, but I can just work Saturday’s instead.”
Huh? WTF?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17