The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rant Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:28 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
My wife had been sick for days so I've been shopping and cooking and cleaning and all that to get ready for Christmas. OK. No problem. Yesterday alone I went to Sprouts, Heb twice, and Target twice.

So this morning we start packing the Frozen stuff and she goes "I Sure hope with all the shopping we did we got some fakin." (fakin is the fake meat chicken the kids eat).

1. WE didn't do any shopping! I shopped and shopped and shopped and nearly had a car accident.

2. We have a grocery list! If it is not on the list I can not ccess the information in your brain! Put it on the fucking list!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:36 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
This rant is probably more on the humorous side than most here, but I didn't know where else to put this, so...

Right before Christmas I took my boys to a pet store so they could buy a Christmas gift for our dog. Our 4 year old picked out this clear, silicone dog bone with a green insert inside of it that crinkles like a plastic water bottle. Whatever, I was happy that he found something he liked that didn't cost a lot of money and that my tornado of a 1 yo didn't ransack the store shelves while we shopped. We get home, the 4 yo gives the toy to the dog and I realize that—oh my god—it looks like a dildo. So, now I have an extremely mouthy dog who carries this dildo-looking dog toy all over the house, much to the delight of our boys who are thrilled that they picked out a present that she likes. (She's a fairly picky dog.) I'm mortified whenever we have company over because inevitably it makes its way into the living room and I die a little inside thinking that our guests must think the dog has liberated something insanely private from our bedroom.

So, yeah. My dog's favorite toy looks like a dildo and I can't throw it away because it would break our sons' hearts. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:16 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Heather - Picture?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 pm 
9. Gay Now

I don't understand how some people are quick to pull out their phones to record someone in trouble, but not quick to help them. I understand not wanting trouble or getting involved, but your lack of assistance shouldn't be the answer either. In the city I grew up in a 23 year old woman was beat down by 5 people. I can't understand how people allowed this to happen. There were plenty of people around to stop this. The end result this woman is dead. As a human I am hurt that this woman I didn't know is gone and so angry at those around who didn't do anything. Smh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

My wife got mad at the this morning because I said "I don't think this is ok... blah blah blah." She said I was hateful and gave an edict. Then this afternoon it came up again. She said that last week I said something etc. I looked back at last week and really I woke up and said I've been worrying about the cost of this, what do you think? She said, "yeah... we probably shouldn't go."

Now it turns out that she "gave in" because she isn't worth it and doesn't deserve to ever get what she wants and she is useless. Yes. This is all shit she tells me. She says it's not that anything is wrong and she's not upset. It's just her life.

How the fuck am I supposed to respond to something so fantastically and egregiously horrific? I mean I know that part of it is that her parents basically made her feel unimportant from early childhood. But that's just a completely unhealthy belief system to cling to. She has a truly gifted life. We have great health and two wonderful children and 15 years together and great house and jobs. But she says she doesn't matter and doesn't deserve anything. And you know what... I used to want to help and fix her and now I'm just sad for her because I don't believe I can ever do anything for her.

At all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:27 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I'm seriously so sick of this shit. My little brothers a great kid, really is, but seriously if you're only going to talk to me and want something to do with me for about 2 minutes before I'm ignored....it doesn't work that way. If you want me around you want me around, I'm not just someone you can say hey come here to and then just ignore me as if I never walked up, or two seconds after that ask me to go back to what I was doing so you can talk privately. It doesn't work that way. I'm seriously pissed because I shouldn't have to deal with the bullshit. If you don't want me around or want to ignore me or ask me to leave after like a minute, then don't ask for my presence at all because pretty soon it won't matter that you've asked for it. You won't get it regardless. If you can't realize what you're doing, you won't get the attention you want. You won't deserve it. Fuck that.

writerfreak :flower

(I wasn't sure where to put this, here or in the letter thread. I chose here)

Soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
My brother and sister have me trapped in the middle of an issue revolving around my niece and nephew. I told my brother to call my sister and he said, "Well, I texted her." Per usual for him: Passive aggressive texting. Then he got pissed at me for getting irritated with him. He's mad about something she said to his daughter regarding an incident with her son. She's mad about how he handled said incident. I've heard both sides of the story and of course, they're both different. WTF?! I wasn't there! Solve you're own damn issues!!! Then they BOTH say to me at some point: "I'm not trying to get you to take sides, but..." REALLY? Aren't we all a little too old for this bullshit? I told my sister to stop saying inappropriate things and speak logically. Then I told my brother to talk to his almost 15 yr old daughter about sex so she doesn't have to keep asking everyone else. That way he can't get pissed about what she's being told. But he won't do it because his crazy ass Southern Baptist wife thinks anything having to do with sex is the devil. They don't think it's appropriate to discuss it with a "child." Well, I've got news for you both...SHE KNOWS MORE THAN YOU THINK!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I fucking hate discrimination. I hate that the simple act of a person being who or what they are is something others think they can discriminate against. I mean, seriously. Are people fucking stupid? It doesn't matter. None of it. The only thing that honestly matters is that you live and breathe everyday and be exactly who and what you are. For more than 10 years I have had to deal with stares, whispered words people think I can't hear, drinks thrown in my face....all of it. Just because what? I'm gay? Who gives a shit. The worst part is that's only whats happened to me. This isn't even about me. I can take the idiocy and the ignorance but when it spills over to my family I get angry. You do not get to discriminate against two kids who cannot control whats happened to them. Genetically impossible for them to stop being autistic. And for someone to tell them that an apartment complex is no place for kids like that. I don't care what the hell the situation is that is the worst possible thing you could do. Deny someone a home? Are you serious? I could rant about this for DAYS, I'm so pissed off. It brings up memories that are better left alone, because the memories combine the current situation with the past and all it does is make it worse. I don't want these kids to have to go through what I still go through some days. It isn't fair to them that this world cannot handle every single ounce of awesome they are. I swear it makes me want to seriously lose my temper, but as that's something I've been working on I can't do that. Someday I will change this world. I promise that.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:05 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

All under the category of TMI:

So I work on the 4th floor and there are probably 120-140 other people who work on that floor. If I need to poop while I'm at work I go down to the basement and use the bathroom there for more privacy.

So yesterday I was down there and I'm a woman came in with her phone on speaker and dialed the phone. In the bathroom! And on speaker! I think she took the phone off speaker because although I could hear the guy on the other end talking, it wasn't totally clear. So let me be clear: she stood in the bathroom talking to some guy on the phone for 3-4 minutes. Loudly! When she was done, she left. So she never needed the bathroom. She just came in to loudly talk on the bathroom.

When did this start?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:44 pm 
28. Com...plete

My brother in law is a dick (in some ways both of them are, but J much more so and this rant is about him) and I'm just grrrr.

He and my sister have a 2 year old (nearing 3 now), and he's not super involved. He likes to play with A (my nephew), but gets annoyed when A won't just sit and watch TV for hours-- hello, he's a toddler!!! Toddlers move and play and it's healthy! I understand wanting a little down time, but how about encouraging a book? And you can't expect him to sit still with you through an entire movie. But since A was about a year and a half that's what J seems to expect.
To be fair, J and S (my sister) have some assigned duties, like they alternate nights to give A his bath. But S is the one who takes him to school and picks him up every dingle day. And S works M-F while A's at daycare, but J works Sundays and has Wednesdays off, so he gets one whole day a week to himself. Yet he still does anything he can to wiggle out of his responsibilities with A-- and a lot of the time S lets him, because she knows she gives A better care than his dad does. He does almost nothing around the house and he's just very irresponsible.

Now my sister is an amazing singer. Most of my family members are musical, and a little over a year ago my dad started a band with S, our brother, and a couple of my dad's friends. S LOVED it, even though it was a strain right from the start, because being in a band meant J had to watch A for 2-4 hours every Wednesday. And J does not seem to believe that he should have to be responsible for his own kid, so that his wife can do something she loves one evening a week, even though he gets one whole day to himself to do anything he wants. In addition to practice, the band has occasional gigs-- usually 1-2 times per month. So that's another evening to either have J watch A or get a babysitter. And he complains every damn time. He texts her every 10 minutes during practice, calls during shows, pesters her to come home. (And it's not just with band stuff he does this-- he also calls or texts and pressures her to leave family gatherings, even if she has A with her, and it seems really controlling to me, but it's worst when she's doing something for herself.)
So all this had been going on for a year, with S haven't to cancel last minute more and more often, and getting more and more vocal in her complaints about her useless husband. And finally, she quit the band. And I do understand, because she's a busy working mum and she gets sick of fighting with J all the time. But it was the *one* thing she had in her life that was just for her. When she quit she just said it was too much and she couldn't do it, but my dad knew full well it was J that was making it too hard.

Classiest of all, a few days after S quit the band J called my dad to yell at him, insisting "she's all yours!" Really dude?? Calling and yelling and your wife's stepdad because *you* made her miserable?

I found out about all this a couple weeks ago, but tonight I was listening to a recording of their band and it just made me so sad, because S is wonderful and I know how much it meant to her. And it just really sucks that the stress came to outweigh the fun, all because her husband can't stand being responsible one evening a week and play with his kid instead of getting high and playing video games.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:14 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
I hate the anonymous review feature on FanFiction.net with a burning passion now.

As some people might know, I post oneshots/shorts on both here and on the formerly mentioned site. Those oneshots/shorts are DONE and finished. They're not meant to be continued longer. But what does somebody message me about today? "Oh, you should finish this, and you should finish that." THEY ARE ALREADY DONE. IF YOU READ THE FREAKING INFORMATION AT THE TOP OF THE SUMMARY, YOU WOULD SEE A BIG OLD "COMPLETE" BESIDE IT.

Don't tell me to finish something that's already finished, just because you're incapable of reading the basic information about the fic/oneshot/short.

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:48 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Pavlov'sBell wrote:
I hate the anonymous review feature on FanFiction.net with a burning passion now.

If that's the worst you're getting on ff, I would consider yourself lucky. It's a notorious playground for flaming and trolls.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:53 am 
9. Gay Now

Laragh wrote:
Pavlov'sBell wrote:

If that's the worst you're getting on ff, I would consider yourself lucky. It's a notorious playground for flaming and trolls.

I do, since I've seen lots and lots of that going on. It's just..ugh. Thankfully I have the moderate reviews option on. I can just delete anonymous reviews that are like that.

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:01 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

So my son had an appointment with a pediatric neurologist yesterday. We've been waiting 4 months to be able to schedule it and it was supposed to be in September but we got lucky and they had a cancellation so we took it. So like a month ago we asked the kids's godparents if they could possibly watch Chiara while we go to the appointment. Said God parents: she works from home, he is a stay-at-home dad of their 6 month old, and he seems to do random computer consulting. They said of course they could watch Chiara. In the meantime 2 other play date moms offered to watch Chiara but of couse we said no but thanks since we had it covered.

So yesterday I drove from work and Rachel went to take Chiara to the GPs and on the way the dad calls and says he is on the way home and that when she gets there she should text the mom who will come get Chiara (they are totally crazed about noise and anything interrupting the nap). So Rachel gets there and texts the mom. Nothing. Texts again. Waits. About 2:10 she and I are on the phone and I said just bring Chiara with and we will apologize profusely. Right then the mom comes to the door and says "why didn't you knock?" Because the dad said not to! And he phone was across the house.

I got to the doctor office at 2:25 and went up and said that Asher, the insurance card, and the paperwork were all on the way (2:30 appointment). The girl told me that if he wasn't there at 2:45, we would lose the appointment and be looking at a 6+ month wait for another appointment. Rachel and Asher arrived a few minutes late and we got the appointment but fucking shit! If you say you can watch a friend's child so that their other child can finally see a neurologist, fucking be there!

And we can't really bitch them out because they were doing us a favor but seriously?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Yeah, you can bitch them out. Doing a favor gets bumped to a different level when children are involved, let alone a child going to the DOCTOR. It becomes a commitment. I'd have been mad as hell.

Hope everything worked out at with the doctor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:59 pm 

Ugh, I hate doing this 'tough love' stuff with the kids, but they really don't seem to learn any other way. Especially my nephew, that kid is going to be the death of me!

His room is a fucking pit and I've been bugging him to clean it up for the last few weeks. The smell is so bad from his dirty clothes, that you can smell it downstairs when his bedroom door is open. He has washed his sheets a grand total of ONCE in the last 8 months! It's disgusting. HE'S disgusting and it's not like he was raised by wolves either. Hell, wolves are cleaner than this kid!!!

He had a mandatory JROTC activity tonight and asked for money for concessions earlier this week. I told him unless he cleaned his room, he wasn't getting any money from me. Of course he didn't do it, because he didn't think I was serious and then proceeded to try and guilt my wife into giving him money this morning on the way to school. Luckily, we're always on the same page and she didn't fall for it. Funny thing was, he was so busy pouring all his energy into trying to manipulate her that he forgot his boots. He had to ride the bus home and then walk back to school, about 2 miles. Ha! Serves him right. Then when I picked him up tonight he had the balls to ask me to take him to McDonalds to buy him something to eat!! I told him to find something at home...the look on his face was priceless. I have ZERO sympathy for him, especially since he broke his phone. He lost it in his room and found it when he stepped on and crushed it. #Ihateteenagers

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:06 pm 

Sometimes I hate being a home owner, because shit is constantly breaking and it's usually not a cheap repair or it's incredibly annoying. Every time I turn around something else is broken or fucked up. I innocently went out back to disconnect the spray nozzle on the hose and hook up a sprinkler. Easy right? I mean, I learned to screw things on and off before I was five. WRONG. Of course it's not easy. Because nothing is ever easy. The sprayer is fucking stuck and won't even budge. I tried pliers, channel locks...a fucking plumbers wrench. NOTHING WORKS. And, to add insult to injury, I broke the dial thingy when the pliers slipped. So now I have to go get a guy neighbor to unscrew a fucking hose nozzle. FML. :rage :rage :rage

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:49 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Shel - I feel your pain. In the past month we needed a new Water Softener, new Garage Door opener, Dryer Vent roto rootered, new A/C heating unit, and we switched Cable companies.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:10 pm 

Deb- Ugh, that sucks. We still have a few months before our AC is due for a scheduled break down, because it usually only implodes late afternoon the Friday before Labor Day weekend, it's 7000 degrees outside and no one can come out until the following Tuesday. No shit, it's happened three times.

After I posted earlier, I noticed my neighbor had a plumber AND an AC repair truck at his house. It never ends.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:25 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I guess the washing machine is jealous. It is not longer spinning. We will have to call a repair person. Arggghh

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:29 pm 

Tonight my nephew, the laziest person on the planet, went upstairs to take a shower and the next thing I know water is pouring from the ceiling in the living room. Why? Because he was too fucking lazy to bend over and open the drain. Instead he let it overflow...EVERYWHERE. Home repair #883,004,762,523.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Shel - I'm not sure which of us is "winning" but the vacuum broke today.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:32 pm 

Deb- Well, here's a couple more hash marks for me...my drill battery died and it's over $100 to replace. So that counts, right? Oh and my annual battle-with-the-Polaris-pool-vac began this season with a $200 repair. I feel like that number I posted above is on a ticker, and not in a good way.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:41 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
You guys are putting a jinx on everyone. My washing machine just told me it was finished, open the door...flooded floor, thank you very much.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:48 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Blame Shel. I think she started it.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:25 am 

Gah! :miff And just for that, I'm gonna continue it! Going to Home Depot today to pick up a new door knob for our bedroom door, because the lock is broken and by the time we hear THE NOISY DOG GATE...it's too late!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:55 pm 

Pool pump...busted. The pool is turning green, because it's sucking the cash right out of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:48 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

My turn again. The on switch on the dishwasher won't work! I finally got it to start after I pulled out and hand-washed like 1/2 the dishes in there. But I've called the repair guy. And Rachel had to get her car fixed ($278) before she could get it inspected. And we haven't gotten the new garage door opener installed yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:57 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Ok. New dishwasher... $525 including installation and delivery but it can't happen until a week from Monday. It is a good deal on an open box very fancy machine with 2 dings in the front but still a lot of $. And I need to buy an extended warranty that I didn't get today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:20 pm 

Deb-

I don't feel so bad about all of our little issues anymore after hearing this story. Some friends of our neighbors were gone all day (about a week ago) and came home to a 10x10' downstairs ceiling collapse. Apparently, a pipe in one of the upstairs bathrooms sprung a leak and leaked for about 5 hours. The result: 6 to 8 weeks in a hotel with 5 boys ages 2 - 8 and $55,000 in repairs!

*I humbly submit this rant on their behalf*

By the way...great deal on the dishwasher:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next