The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rant Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:46 pm 
18. Breast Gal

First, I love my gf (of 6 years) and I love her kids. I love all my animals (well, except one). With that said, here goes...

First, I am home during the day. I work in the evenings as a free-lance musician, so it's not everynight, but 3-4 times a week. Since I'm home, everyone else in the house seems to think that I need to do all (and by that I mean efery effing bit) of the housework. I do the dishes (the dishwasher is broken and I am expected to fix it, BTW), do the laundry, take out the overflowing trash, pick up the yard, mend, repair, and THE WORST, pick up crap from a very large, unhousetrained dog. I will concede that it makes sense for me to do that while I'm home, but ALL OF IT?! Come on, folks, ALL OF IT?!

Second, the large unhousetrained dog. I begged and pleaded with my gf not to allow the admission of this hound from hell into our lives, but she made a deal with her 15-year-old daughter, who agreed to take all responsibility for this effing beast. In her defense (my gf), in a huge moment of frustration, I said "just get the damn dog.... no one cares how I feel about it anyway." So she did!!! WTF!!! I was hoping that my sarcastic response wouldn't be lost on an english teacher with an IQ of 145 and a master's degree, but guess what? It was!! Imagine my surprise when I came home to a large white puppy pissing on the floor. "Isn't she cute?" they all babbled to me. I almost flushed 6 years together down the proverbial toilet, but I still can't forgive the callousness with which my feelings were so totally disregarded. I should also add that this delightful little bundle of joy became dog number 3, in addition to the 6 cats already in the house. So, now I spend my days cleaning up dog crap and mopping the floor, sometimes 4-5 times a day and I can't seem to get over the betrayal.

And then, her 13 year old son starts to complain cause he wants a bowl of cereal and there's no clean bowls. Dude, wash an effing bowl! You're 13... you have a girlfriend.... you want to date...you ask me for money...and you're too effing helpless to wash a goddamn cereal bowl? Again, I say WTF? Arrrgh!

So the gist of it all is this... I am a 46 year old professional musician, part time college professor, and the keeper of the shit! All hail to me!

......ok.... better now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 am 
18. Breast Gal

And then, this morning I got a speeding ticket. WTF!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:22 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

After reading what you have posted, I have to say, I agree with you. I was doing chored when I was 8!!! That boy is 13 years old and he won't wash a bowl!?! My god when I was 13 I had to wash the breakfast bowls, ect, sort out my little brother, make both are packed lunches, feed the dog and hambster, make my mums breakfast and sometimes nip to the corner shop for some milk all BEFORE I went to school! Then after school aswell as my homework I had to also make sure my little brother did his, after tea clean the kitchen and feed the rabbits and usually go to the shop! I actually did the family weekly shop, not my mum, my mum use to say she don't need servants, she's got 5 kids! So I have to say hun, asking your g/f's son to wash a bowl really is nothing, he should be grate-full he has parents who do everything for him!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:40 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

The Colts won the goddamn Superbowl. Nothing compared to a lot of the rants here but DAMMIT. I wanted the Bears to win.

writerfreak

Soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:47 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky My roommate is picky no matter what it is she comes behind me and changes it (redo the dish,s in the dishwasher for one) she is great but I ask you why bother in the first place if she is just going to redo it later hmmmmm...........so hay how do you want this :whistle :miff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:37 pm 
5. Willowhand

Just like in a previous post from recent days, I honestly have no idea if I'm really happy or sad right now. It's been a crazy day, and I can't decide how I feel. I woke up late (12:30! Whoo!) and went to brunch; it was another beautiful weather day and everyone was in a good mood. We got to-go boxes and ate in the Garden of Remembrance (pretty on-campus spot), then went down to the river and marveled at how beautiful everything was.

At 3:00 I had an info meeting about the showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show I'm organizing, and it kind of stressed me out. I've been remarkably stress-free the last two or three days, which is good because I started out the week painfully homesick, worried about a medical emergency back home, and dying for spring break to come so I could relax. But Rocky Horror is getting off the ground on short notice, and it's going to be hard to pull together. Not as many people came to the info meeting as I hoped, and I realized that I really do have zero experience with this. Luck and an adaptable personality may not get me as far as I'd like. Nevertheless, I put on a positive face and got through the meeting, and then went back to the room and eventually stopped worrying about it.

At 7:00 my day turned back to happy, as I went to a friend's senior recital. He's a very talented percussionist, and did some really cool stuff. It was also like a little reunion, because I had gone to a gathering of music students at his house last month, and pretty much everyone from that night was there this evening. The music and the good company put me in high spirits, as well as the feeling that my roommate (who attended with me) and I are only growing closer and closer, which brings me no end of comfort. After dropping by the post-recital reception, we went just down the hall and saw the performance of a one-act play that another one of my friends was directing. A good time, with good acting all around.

It even got better from there, too. My friend burned the soundtrack to the film "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" onto a CD for me, which made me really excited. It took a long time to do, though, and in between we had some great experiences goofing around. These included two of my friends speaking in every accent they could think of, my roommate lecturing us on the history and culture of gnomes, another friend going on my AIM account and pretending to be me, and the revelation that according to my friends, Alan Rickman's voice is the personification of sex, and if he were in the room, there would be an orgy. (Good to know!) So lots of in-jokes, and I got a shiny new CD out of the deal.

But what goes up must come down. I have a good friend who's had nothing but problems from all sides this semester, and right now she's really stressed out with school and feeling antisocial around certain people, and just is really overwhelmed. She was obviously not feeling great emotionally when she wandered in and out of the room at periodic points during the night, and I didn't know what I should do to try and make it better. Later, she wanted to watch a movie with the normal group of five (her, my sister, my sister's boyfriend, my roommate, and me) but we couldn't find my sister, her boyfriend would most likely only come if she was going to be there, and my roommate had to get up early and was making an early night of it. My friend had really been looking forward to watching a movie and to the study break in general, and she was kind of upset that we weren't available for it. And I felt really bad, especially since she hasn't been doing so well, and I want to be there for her. For a while there, I got sad again, and just wished my life could be simpler, that my friend wouldn't have so many problems. I also felt residual resentment, because I was going through similar things this semester that she went through last semester, but she wasn't emotionally available to support me through them. No one was, because they were all busy making sure she was okay. I felt like the gravity of my situation never really set in to them, and I felt really helpless again. So I put on some music on my headphones and set about calming down. And successfully, too, although I re-read the posts people had left me on the Coming Out thread and nearly started crying, because they were all so true and reassuring. And I was feeling rather emotional. ;-)

The day ended well, because a friend of mine ended up bringing an interested Rocky Horror participant to my door (at 1:00 in the morning- but hey, I was up), so I think I might be well on my way to a full cast, depending on what my candidates for the parts of Brad and Riff-Raff say. Also, the girl who was interested in RHPS is also applying for a townhouse with my sister for the fall (in case she doesn't go abroad), and when I recommended a possible backup living situation in case she doesn't get the townhouse, she was really excited. So now I am too.

I don't know whether I'm sad or happy now. I'm calm. I'm going to try to do some writing, if I can settle on an idea, and then head off to bed "early" (meaning, before 4 a.m.). I had trouble figuring out where to put this, but I settled on the rant thread, because I'm ranting about my life. But it's really just monologuing. I'm really just reeling from all the feelings of today- I have numerous friends who love and care about me, I'm getting better at responding to them and showing them affection, I still feel (despite that) that I'm not a very good friend or support system, I love music and theatre, events I organize are always going to give me trouble and make me feel that I'm handling them completely wrong, etc. It's been a crazy day, and it's going to be a long and stressful week before spring break settles in. (Which brings forth all these new feelings, such as "my sophomore year of college is almost over" and the related "oh my goodness, I'm almost halfway through my entire college education", but that's a whole other story.) I'll just have to deal with it as best I can.

And I'm going to stop this before my life overwhelms me!

Saena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:58 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

nb: when you're the employee of an airline that is, through its own incomptency (and not weather) stranding thousands of people in remote places, you should not, and i repeat NOT, complain about what a bummer it is for you to have to deal with all these people, or how long your day has been, or how you are so excited that your day off is tomorrow.

i was scheduled to leave connecticut yesterday at 6:30pm and arrive back in california at around 1am local time. US Airways had different plans for me, apparently, as they decided to merge their computer system with America West yesterday and totally fuck up their entire schedule of flights for the day. so when i got to las vegas at 1:30 in the morning and had missed all outgoing flights to my airport, i was sent to a motel off the strip (at 3am) until i could be put on another flight to cali at noon (originally they wanted me to go to the hotel and come back 3 hours later for a flight that would take me to ca through the pacific northwest... i spent 40 minutes on the phone with the only us airways employee that would help me - the agents at the ticket counter said it didn't open until 5am?!?! - so that i could get the later flight and sleep for more than a wink).

so basically i spent 24 hours in travel hell, had to miss a day of work, and these people couldn't even be the slightest bit polite or empathetic. i did not encounter a single agent of the airline who did not, in one way or another, complain about how the problem was affecting them, as opposed to those of us who were not paid to be there and were miles from home.

fuckers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:45 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Why is it I can talk perfectly normal to anyone but her!? Why is it that when I am in her presence my heart beats like it's going burts!? Why is it I can barely string two words together when i try to talk to her!? I HATE my confidence! :sigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:01 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Daylight FUCKING Savings Time!!

Especially now that it's 3 goddamn weeks early. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that most Kittens are nocturnal by nature -- WHY change the clock??? This has honestly been one of the most annoying things I've had to adjust to after living overseas for so long ...

Carpe Noctem!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:49 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I got up this morning and had a flat tire. no problem so I changed but the man next door just stood there and watched. I got all large with the butch on the tire and had it fixed in no time but I thought to my self that he must not be very big between the ..............ear's :whistle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:49 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

My sleep schedule is all messed up. Since I haven't worked in the past 4 weeks and all I've done is spend my time trapped in the house, I stay awake at night and sleep during the day. Well, tonight I bought some sleepy pills and I'm gonna get some sleep while its DARK! :sleep
And when my doctor releases me to go back to work, I'm gonna celebrate and SLEEP without the pills. :party

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:58 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Argh, how can my flat be so messy?! I mean I've hardly done anything to make it messy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:28 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

those little fuckers peed on my couch and crapped on one of my suits! wtf!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:34 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Argh I so have to clean up this flat, I hate it when it's untidy!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:10 am 
5. Willowhand

bloody music teacher was meant to give us 2 weeks notice about the upcoming test for our major exams period, except she gives us five lousy days and expects us to do reslly well in it when 2 out of 5 of those days are completely taken up by our school musical (damn it) and so then my (newly aquired) girlfriend complains a bit and the STUPID music teacher ( who has quite a reputation for being a nast asshole, especially to our class) starts having a go at her, but i say "look, she just said it, the rest of us are thinking it."
and WHAM! she begins to tell us how we are the only clas that has ever compained this much before in her whole life (yeah whatever) and then someone says " well thats because no one has ever had the guts before now" and she got so angry and then she said "well do you wnat to know the answers to all the questions?" and that was aimed at my gf again. and we are all like " that is not our point" its just that she didnt guive us 2 weeks notice which is our school policy and now she expects us all to do brilliantly in this stupid test 4 days from now.
Then we got sent out of the classroom ( me and my troublemaker) and she takes us into her office and you knwo what she does? she puts a tissue box in front of us like she is expecting us to cry or something. but oh boy, we arent falling for that again, so we just say what we think of her, because she had it coming. NO ONE likes her! Even the other teachers complain about her.
arrrgggghhhhh, sorry to rant on, but this is what this thread is for isnt it? And i've basically ranted all i could to my friends and people, and we cant rant nemore face to face without becoming extraordinarily angry, so this is my last resort! no not really, i can probably think of other places that woudl make a more last resort, like ranting to a flower or something but that is just silly.
ok, i will stop now, i swear i said i would like a paragraph ago.
LIFTY

Saving Myself

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:04 am 
9. Gay Now

So I got a ticket for speeding about a month ago. I know, I know. Speeding is bad. Anyways, today I went to court to see if I could get my fine down or no points or whatever. I go there, wait for 2 and a half hours because the guy at the beginning said you couldn't plead nolo contendre if you were under 21. So my name is finally called, I walk up there, and the guy says I can plead no contest. I say, but I'm under 21. He says that's ok, I just had to talk to him first. So, you know, sort of happy with that, except for the massive amount of time wasted and the fact that I had to miss a class I'm not supposed to miss to be at court. I go to pay my fine, and I'm not allowed to pay with a check. So now, I had to drive back home, get cash, and now I have to drive back. I know this is my fault, but I really think I've learned my frickin' lesson. :rage

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:00 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I love this thread!!! Anyhow im in the middle of a multiple sclerosis flare up from hell and the neurologists cant see me until monday !!! Nice huh? Im going through this weird kind of fatigue thing where i literally can sleep all day and night if my family would let me,my left arm feels like ive got a 50 pound weight on it and my left hand is all pins and needles...oh and the room is spinning like i put on a good drunk except i havent drank anything!! So anyhow my damn neurologist says to me"are you still having double vision and occasional blindness?""" i said no and his reply was call me if its gets more serious and otherwise ill see you on monday...hes a reall compasionate sob!! Alright well im going back to bed ...thank you all for listening and believe it or not this really does help god knows my family is tired of hearing me complain
Tara:smash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:07 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I am so sorry for your pain girl hope everything is better soon don,t you love Dr.asshole :kdevil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:36 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I hate it, why is it that all my bills and rent seem to have to be paid on the same day? I am now totally skint, good job I got those dvd's yesturday!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

This show is being done on such short notice and at such an inconvenient time in the semester. If people keep on being unable to come to rehearsals, I'm going to have to cancel.

The worst part is that I think people look down on me when I fumble about trying to get everything in order, but they neglect to remember that no one's helping me with this. I mean, sure, I have people who have graciously volunteered to act, and others who have expressed interest and volunteered their time (however little of it) to contribute. That's not the kind of help I mean. I'm referring to the fact that I've never seen or organized a live production of "Rocky Horror" before, and no one is telling me what I have to do and when and how I go about finding the means to do it. My only experience is several enthusiastic viewings of the movie and a limited knowledge of what supposedly goes on in a live production. I'm no expert. The only credential I have for being in charge is having the greatest amount of interest and willingness in the project. In fact, the only justification for me organizing a club event like this, period, is that I put together a concert (again at the last minute) last semester and by some miracle it actually happened. I am also a first-time director here. There are so many levels on which I have little to no experience with this.

I think this could be so much fun. It's going to be cheesy and it's going to look so obviously thrown together at the last minute- like I just grabbed people and threw them on the stage with some makeshift props, in point of fact. But I really don't think anyone in the audience would mind so much. I want the cast to take the obligation seriously, but the performance is an opportunity to let loose, have fun, dress up and dance. I'm not worried about the performance. I'm worried about getting everyone together to review beforehand.

I don't want to cancel. I really don't.

Saena

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:14 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky one more week of this and you wont have to listen any more about the wedding :whistle ok it is a week and thay are wanting to move the wedding to a church cause of the rain well hello do you know how many people we have to give new directions to there are going to be at least 150 people there aaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg :fit2 thank you all for putting up with me !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 pm 
5. Willowhand

To JB:

Alright, dude. I understand that you're stressed. I understand that not a lot of people volunteered to help out with your event like you wanted. I understand that you're not normally the most cheery in your emails, very blunt to the point of being harsh. I understand that you're a graduating senior and you're just not feeling it anymore.

But when I tell you that I found your email confrontational, would it kill you to apologize for your attitude, instead of replying and calling me condescending? I'm trying to help you! The new members forgot to send out a sign-up sheet, so I encouraged people to sign up for times, so that you wouldn't have to do it yourself! (Especially since I tend to put a more positive and encouraging spin on things in emails, so people might be more inclined to listen to me and not feel bullied...) And I'm doing my part of the work tomorrow. If you want my participation, you had darn well better not insult me when I am trying to work with you. You and I both may be leaving the exec board, but I would rather not ruin our working relationship. I am not letting my personal stresses reflect in the tone of my interactions with the rest of the club. That is discouraging behavior, and I have always tried to avoid that.

Maybe I am being condescending in my emails. I imagine that I might have difficulty recognizing if the tone of my messages is having the wrong effect, since I can only read it from my perspective. But if I express a concern to you (namely, that your email was confrontational and it is off-putting to working with you), then I expect you to respect that, and maybe try to accept the help that I am offering.

I don't want to end this on a bad note. I also don't want to continue an argument with you over email. But I feel that working it out in person would be pointless at this time. You would only insist that it is no longer your club, since the new officers are running our final meeting of the semester last week; that you only are coordinating this event because you have the experience and everyone else is failing in this respect. In other words, you are all high and mighty running the whole club until someone calls you on your behavior. Then it is not your club anymore and you really shouldn't be responsible, even as you lecture me (a fellow outgoing officer) on how I should be feeling that the club is a big priority and giving my all to it.

Also, the problem you are experiencing is very similar to one of my concerns with Rocky Horror: I expected the exec board to play a much bigger part than they actually did, and was upset when they didn't come through. When I expressed this earlier in the month, you said that if I had asked the exec board directly, they would have contributed much more. I think you are realizing now that this is the same thing, and it makes you uncomfortable that I've drawn your attention to this. You are not taking your own advice and getting frustrated because of this. It's not my fault, though. History repeats itself, but if I can learn from my mistake, so can you. The only difference is that I took my loss gracefully, and you are taking it out on me. When Rocky Horror fell through, you didn't see me taking it out on my other exec board members. Just because I'm the only one who had the guts to point out your childishness doesn't mean that you can pick on me. I don't have to take that from you.

You're incredibly lucky we picked good people to lead the club next year. My only hope is that they make an effort to work positively with each other. You profess commitment and dedication, but your offhand, curt emails don't give much evidence that you are excited and engaged about what you are doing. Often, you do sound angry in emails, which makes me a lot less keen to deal with you. You need to fix this, and fix it now.

Saena

Edited to add: Is there a way of apologizing in an email in such a way that it subtly prompts the other person to realize that you expect an apology in return? Without sounding condescending? Because I sent an email back to his latest, and it started with an apology and a note that I did not intend any of my remarks to be upsetting. I expect him to apologize back- but I don't think he will. How can you hint at a thing like that?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:31 pm 
9. Gay Now

Ok, it's time for me to put into written word the rant I internalize almost every frickin' day. I hate television networks. I'm watching Bruce Almighty, a movie I happen to love, and they took away one of the funniest parts in the whole fricking movie to make room for comercials! I understand the need for advertising, ish, but do you really need a quarter to a third of every show taken up by commercials?! It's ridiculous!

And while we're on the subject, let's talk about the censor, aka, the evil people who decided some people were too uptight to hear the word asshole or goddamn. Goddamn? Really? I'm not offended in the slightest by that word! And the thing is, they don't block out the damn part... they block out the god part! Grrrr. Stupid theocracy that pretends to be a democracy. Stupid Bush and stupid Supreme Court!

Stupid jerky uptight republicans who decided to let the mother die before the fetus! I realize at this point I'm mixing rants, but this needs to be said as well. From now on, if the fetus and the mother are both threatened during child birth, guess which one gets to die?? The mother, every frickin' time. As if I needed another reason to be nervous about my girlfriend eventually getting pregnant. She has a small frame, and it's already dangerous for her to get pregnant. It just pisses me off so much that the Supreme Court took that decision away from the families. What hipocracy to say that people are smart enough and responsible enough to vote, and then take away a right that only mothers and their families should have. ARGH! :angry :fit :rage I can't talk anymore.

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:50 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

My stepdad is a total arse, he doesn't even deserve to be called a stepdad because he just makes me miserable, and I am not living with my mother anymore but he will still try and make trouble for us and is rude to me when I call home and hangs up and won't let me talk to my mother, after yelling at me for no reason. Literally! He has made my family's life a hell for the past 11 years and I thank Goddess that my mother is as strong as she is. He made me cry today the arsehole, I have a migraine too and I had to really bite my tongue and not call him and yell at him! He should be castrated or something...I don't mean that I don';t wish harm on anyone and I know this is useless of me to say this but I wiosh that he hadn't lured my mum in with his smooth lines and sweet talk because that changed when they got married and now my mum is stuck. My mum is so beautiful she doesn't deseerve to be treated like shit and neiher do I or my sister...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:25 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:angry let me just say that if people cant get a name right then just keep your mouth shut stop being a bully you pull your pants on just like us. sometimes people get the big head and think thay are all that well guess what NOT cause it can hurt feelings and that is so not cool :punish . :rage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:44 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

today was my aunt's birthday so the family went out to celebrate. while there my uncle starts lecturing me on how school is important and that i should not quit. i never said that i was going to quit, its just that i am getting tired of going to school and feeling like i am going no-where. he says that he will check up on me every week to see how i am doing in school. the school semester though is almost over. i haven't been to class in 3weeks, but i e-mailed all my teachers and told them the situation that i am in. this is what the e-mail basically said:

- What happened to lead me to where I am at right now is that I suffer from major depression and social anxiety; have been for going on about eight years. Every semester around finals I always feel like I will not be able to make it, but with words of encouragement from my mom I usually make it through. The difference with this semester is that I stopped taking my medicine a while back and then it seemed to all go down hill from there. There were also other personal things that happened this semester that lead me to not taking my medicine. One of my hobbies is that I like collecting quotes. The one that I kind of live my life by is: ‘Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live. – Vittorio Alfieri’. After not taking my medicine for so long I didn’t have that courage anymore; but something stopped me from going through with it. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Now what I am trying to do is damage control. If I have to come up to the school or leave the house I do, but at home is where I feel safe. I have some sort of knowledge of what will happen. At school I don’t know what everyone will ask me and that in itself terrifies me. This happened to me a couple of years ago and I couldn’t take it and ended up in the hospital. I’m going to try and work over the summer and decide from there if I will be returning to school in the fall or seek more permanent help (hospitalization). Your cooperation with this means a lot to me. Thank you.

I was scared to go to birthday celebration because i didn't know what was going to happen. i felt like i was being ambushed by my two uncles, aunt and also a family friend that was there. they asked if i was going to go back to school so i told them yes, knowing that is what they wanted to hear. my teachers know what is going on and that i will only be coming to school to take my finals and that is it. there is no point in going to class for one week and then the next week is finals. if i don't listen to my mom when she lectures at me what makes them think that i am going to be listening to them? i just told them what they wanted to hear.
i feel like this is the calm before the storm.
:happy :rage

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:25 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Tonight there was a debat betweend the two last candidates to be President Of the Republic Of France... what pissed me off the most is that one of the candidate uses the numberw and words to make people believe is a good guy but when we look really at them we can see it's just lies. But unfortunatly most of people can't see that, they're not educated enough in politic or in economy or stuff like that so they believe him... and not the other candidate. She has good ideas but unfortunatly she has the prudence to not make too much promises and toprefer tell that many things has to be talked about with socials partners.
What I can't understand is how people acept to believe him and not her... he was in the government and is the president of the political group having the power currently and things aren't good, but people don't care. I am so affraid of him, and angry at him!!
We'll see sunday what will show out from this election... but I'm not very hopefull :(
So this debat make me upset... I thought I should watch it but finally it was just two sort of teenager fighting about fashion or musical bands (not really but you get what I mean right? they don't have really good points but keep fighting)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:00 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
So my wife got rear-ended 3 weeks ago. She wasn't hurt and neither was Asher. But. The person who rear-ended her has the same insurance company as ours which would make you think that they'd be pretty reasonable right?

First off the claims adjuster was a complete rude asshole. She bitched my wife out about asking how to get the new car seat. Now it's National Standard that if you are involved in an accident with ANY body damage you get a new car seat and the insurance company pays regardless of whether their was even a kid in the car. She was a complete bitch saying that it wasn't true and that the only way you get a new car seat is if the seat is damaged in the accident (wouldn't that really be a bigger problem?). They've now totally recanted that and appologized profusely, etc.

#2. They only authorized a reconditioned bumper rather than a new one.

#3. A few years ago her car got dented at the store. We didn't file a claim because we had no intention of getting a dent in the bumper fixed. It's just cosmetic. But this crash split the bumpter and dented the back end enough that you can see into the trunk. The insurance company says that we're responsible for $585 of the cost of the bumper because of the "prior damage." Then they said ok, they'll split the difference and we can pay $292. I don't want to pay fucking anything! They have to replace the entire bumper and it's because their client hit our car. At this point we're going to be $300 out of pocket for being hit by someone else (with insurance). Which is total bullshit.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:50 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I've finally found somewhere else to grow this season, and really need to get the soil turned and then tilled. This can't happen when the ground is really wet and heavy. Normally, I'd be content to just wait for a few dry days, because I know I'm at the mercy of the weather here.

The thing is I'm already 2 or 3 months behind and IT HAS RAINED AT LEAST ONE OUT OF EVERY 3 DAYS FOR THE PAST FOREVER.

and the f-ing forecast shows a good chance of showers Sunday and every day next week.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh .....

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:19 pm 
18. Breast Gal

You know, there are some days when I wonder why I stay in this country full of homophobic bigotry. Here's a great example:

I called today to see if I could get some financial assistance regarding medical care. I have no health insurance, so I spend a lot of time just hoping that nothing happens. Irresponsible, yes, but I have no choice. The person on the phone (who was very nice, BTW) explained that my income level meant that I qualified, but then she went on to ask about others in my household. Being a basically honest person, I told her that I share a home with another woman and two of her three children. She then went on to explain to me that for the sake of assistance, they had to take into consideration the entire household income, including child support. My basic response could be translated simply into WTF. Virginia recently passed a constitutional amendment against gay marriage and domestic partnerships of any kind, but now I find out that they consider us a couple/family only if it will cost the state money to recognize my autonomy. So, I get no benefit of marriage or partnership, and now I'm actully being punished for said relationship.

Assholes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next