The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So. Are we going to talk about KillingEve?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:26 am 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
Spoilers.

But yeah it was like the last 20 years never happened.

Tim

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

Post subject: Re: So. Are we going to talk about KillingEve?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:55 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 138
I haven't seen any of the programme but I now know what Queer baiting is because of it.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:13 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Unfortunately it got a lot worse than queerbaiting.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:56 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 138
Obviously I've not watched it and I'm new to all these LGBTQ+ terminology in media.
From my understanding Queer baiting is where they kind of do a will they wont they same sex relationship which is mainly subtext but just enough to keep viewership of the community. Nothing ever comes of it. which is a manipulative practice.
Killing Eve is based on a set of books however the writer of the show did diverge from them.

There should be zero queerbaiting in it because the story is this twisted kind of relationship between a psychotic killer and Eve who is originally on the hit list. Their relationship is an established part of the book, there for no bait. Although the show did bait it.

But what they did in the finale doesn't exactly count as fridging though does it? because its not a minor character and the show ended with no Eve spin off plans so it doesn't heighten her storyline..
It kind of comes under the bury your gays troupe but at the same time story wise it doesn't. She wasn't killed for being gay but because she just got rid of some powerful people so her work is kind of done. which could be fridging for the ones who did it instead of Eve.

My information is mainly coming from highly venomous reviews which are trying to restrain themselves due to professionalism. The writing style amusing me very much so not really focused on what they are actually writing about.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is what does this come under and why? Also why is it an anti LGBTQ+ thing as opposed to fitting with the storyline. Or is it/ isn't it both?

I'm clueless but intrigued. not trying to antagonise just understand and learn something new. *raised hands*

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms