The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Moments
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:41 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
So, my drive to work is sorta rural and I've seen some odd things. But nothing quite prepared me for the 'toilet bowl ring of fire.' There is a property I pass everyday that looks like it stepped right out of a Jeff Foxworthy (You Might Be a Redneck if...) comedy special. There's about an acre of land with a doublewide, numerous old cars, a bunch of dogs and a lot of misc. junk. The people who live there sell firewood and there's a fire in the 'yard' every night. Ok, what's so random about this, you ask? Well, today on my way home I happen to glance over and smack in the middle of the 'yard' is about a DOZEN TOILETS all in a circle around a fire. A SACRED TOILET BOWL RING OF FIRE...with people sitting on them as if it's the most normal thing in the world!!! :wtf

E. T. A.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:54 pm 
28. Com...plete

It's really hard to just be Supportive Big Sister when I feel like my sis has done something really immature. Reining in the advice to just listen and care without trying to fix things isextremely difficult!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Hey, I seem to have become a Big Knowledge Woman when no one was looking! How about that? Rolled at 1700. I was (oddly enough) Recently Gay for a very long time ... I'd almost forgotten about these.

I miss my Troll Hammer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:26 am 
28. Com...plete

Only my mother could legitimately not know whether her husband's son has moved in with them.

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Kids had just gone to bed, I'm watching YouTube on the tv, just typing in a few random things before I shut it off and went and did something else. For no particular reason, I typed in "Yokohama," where I used to live when I met my wife. Clicked on the first video, a foreigner's guide to the city ... and I had to turn it off after just a couple of minutes. Weirdest wave of deep nostalgia. I lived there for seven years, the longest I'd ever lived in any one place, and just now typing this I realized this year will be the tenth anniversary of coming back to the States. Huh.

I'm not kidding, I loved that city. And I didn't live way out in the burbs, I lived five minutes walk from the central Yokohama Station. I knew the city inside and out. I moved around a lot growing up and never had a hometown ... I guess this feeling is what it must be like to miss your hometown. I got things to do tonight, and I was afraid this ... nostalgia, homesickness, whatever ... was going to swallow me up.

I can't say it's a sad feeling, but it hurts. Kind of.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 pm 
28. Com...plete

It's a little concerning to realize that literally the only thing I have ever been in charge of in my whole life is caring for small children.

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:59 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

The woman who cuts my hair recommended I switch from my current shampoo to baking soda and vinegar. I'm up for anything that sounds natural and cheap, and she promised me I wouldn't smell like a salad so I'm giving it a try. My first impression though is that vinegar in your eye burns like a mofo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:54 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Rain day! I love that I got a rain day at the perfect time because my wife is home. It meant lounging in bed until like noon.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:25 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Seriously. I can not sleep. I've probably slept 2 hours total. Fuck it. I'm getting up to read.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I learned today that my state is one of the ones still left that can fire you simply for the basis of being gay. I've been openly gay for over a decade and in that time I just now realized I've been fortunate that everywhere I've worked has been honestly cool about it. I don't think I could ever work somewhere that wasn't. Where I work now everyone knows me, and knows my wife or at least of her for the newer people. They all think its cool, hell they all thought she was into me before we even got together. Having that everyday, and not having to hide my wedding ring at work....its amazing. I never really thought about the fact that she does have to hide at work, and how much of a toll it must take on her. I mean she shouldn't have to. I understand that in her position its actually more for my protection than hers....but it still sucks. Why do things like this still happen? Why can they fire someone just for being who you are?

Soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:56 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

writerfreak - Yes. That sucks. At the same time, I'm aware that my state is a "right to work state." Basically that means that your job can fire you anytime for any reason (or no reason) so being fired for being gay is a possibility but so is the possibility of being fired for wearing a green shirt. My hope is that neither is likely. I've been out at my job for 15 years and while I occasionally notice that some people are not terribly friendly to me maybe they are just not friendly at all. Everyone else at my work seems totally friendly and don't seem to care.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
I am home alone, sans boys, and I have no idea what to do with myself, so I'm sitting on the couch, eating yogurt (which no one is begging a bite from!) and listening to music with bad words.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:21 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

JustSkipIt- Thats how people at my work are, except for the unfriendly part. I've never once hid that I was in a relationship with a woman, they knew we were heading off to get married before it happened. At her work though, she can't have that. There aren't pictures of me around, or us together. I know how much she hates it, and it sucks for her. She can't talk about our amazing life together.....and we both hate it because she hates feeling oppressed but the nature of her job makes it so she has to be. Sometimes I just hate the ways of the world we live in. It gets to me.

Soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 pm 
28. Com...plete

I hate this whole having to wait on test grades nonsense.

~Jas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:00 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 3
On my walk to work, I walk down a street with a lot of houses
There is one house who's backyard backs onto the street but is surrounded by a fence.

The other day I was walking past it and noticed a huge HUGE! solid painted statue of a cow standing on it's back legs with its front legs and head up in the air! peeping over the fence lol

What the hell?!

YouTube channel 'T-Sixteen NRG' for my fanvids
www.youtube.com/channel/UCXvNuQHd2HA0BaaVMBIIMfQ
(okay so there's only a few right now but I'm 'new' to it so watch this space!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Somedays I go to the computer and have no idea why by the time I sit down and I just browse pages until I figure it out or give up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Lately I've been thinking about how cool it would be if we lived on a little land. Not much. Maybe 5-10 acres but how nice that would be. It's sort of crazy that I would think that given that I'm allergic to hay and grass and dust and that I don't like snakes or rats or anything like that but I don't know... There's not much affordable near us plus we'd have to sell our house but still It's a dream.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Tonight's final jeopardy category was announced and it was "famous women". As they go to commercial, I comment that famous men would be too vague, but famous women, the answer is clearly going to be Susan B. Anthony. Come back from commercials, and the question was about a woman dying in 1906, short of the liberty she was fighting for. Susan B. Anthony for the win! (to be fair, I believe jeopardy also considers Betsy Ross, Emma Goldman and Sally Ride to be famous women, so my odds were really about 1 in 4 without knowing the question).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:50 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

1 in 5 - forgot about the big dog, Eleanor Roosevelt!

Feel like I'm on a game show this morning, just can't figure out if it's the kid's show, "How Naughty Can I Be?" or the parent's show, "Don't. Lose. Your. Shit!"

ETA: :fit :sleep :fit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:53 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

One of my best friends and I went to lunch today. She and her husband just made (and had accepted) an offer on a house. For $620,000! And they are paying all closing and letting the seller lease back the house for free until June. I know that house prices are relative and someone in SF may read this and go "sounds great!" But that sounds to me like an enormous amount of money. I don't know how I would sleep at night. Our house isn't worth 1/3 that and it's a nice house. And part of what freaks me out is that my friend and I make about the same amount. And I don't know how much her husband makes but I believe it is less than she makes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:07 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Thanks to the moderators for getting the board back up today!

:dumbo :dumbo :eatme :eatme :banana :banana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:15 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:

Absolutely! Seeing that horrible grey page when I clicked on my favourites was not good at all.

Thanks very much. :applause

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:05 am 
12. Recently Gay

Just been watching The Prom on the UK SYFY channel - no matter how many times I see it, Jonathon's speech and Buffy's lil umbrella still bring a tear to the eye! I'm just a big softie at heart :cry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

JustSkipIt wrote:

:dumbo :dumbo :eatme :eatme :banana :banana

Amen!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:17 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
My best friend stayed up all night to watch the eclipse. It wasn't visible in Europe. I TOLD her this yesterday. :eyebrow

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:43 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

My wife somehow ALWAYS knows when I've had a bad day before I even get home. I swear sometimes I think she has a complex alert system set up through the guys I work with. That or she's randomly psychic when it comes to be because before I even have a chance to get out of my car upon getting home she's there, and she even went all insane like untying my boots and stuff. Then she made the easiest quickest dinner possible and said she did it because it gave us more snuggle time on the couch with a movie or a book or something. And right now, right this minute I've been ordered to stay on the couch while she runs us a bath. I often wonder what I did right to deserve her. Makes me wish I didn't have to put her on a plane tomorrow but I only have one more month and she's home for the summer!

Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:44 pm 
28. Com...plete

Laragh wrote:
My best friend stayed up all night to watch the eclipse. It wasn't visible in Europe. I TOLD her this yesterday. :eyebrow

My sister lives in Hungary and while I was waiting up for the eclipse she told me it had been beautiful there. I had heard it wasn't visible in Europe, but I chose not to say anything. Still a bit confused though :hmm

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
CrazyTaraWitch wrote:
Laragh wrote:

My sister lives in Hungary and while I was waiting up for the eclipse she told me it had been beautiful there. I had heard it wasn't visible in Europe, but I chose not to say anything. Still a bit confused though :hmm

The eclipse only happened once...during what would have been daylight hours in Hungary, and here in Ireland, hence not being visible. Maybe she confused it with a pretty sky Image

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 pm 
28. Com...plete

Laragh wrote:
CrazyTaraWitch wrote:
Laragh wrote:

The eclipse only happened once...during what would have been daylight hours in Hungary, and here in Ireland, hence not being visible. Maybe she confused it with a pretty sky Image

She definitely confused *something*, just not sure what! Much as I love her she's a little special sometimes.

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

One of the best things about having to work on a day many people don't is light traffic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330  Next