The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: GAME: Either Or
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 am 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

Topics: 3
Business owner.

Would you rather die by shark bite/attack or venom?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:48 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Venom, I think I saw Jaws at too young an age and it scarred me for life.

Times are a-changing, TV or internet?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Internet, has to be . . . but giving up TV would be tough!

Foot tickle or back scratch?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 am 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

back scratch

soya milk or dairy?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 9
Dairy.

Romance or Drama? (TV, movies, books, etc.)

I have a fish named Drusilla. He doesn't know, he thinks his name is Drew. Shhhh...

Spike: Are we feeling better, then?
Drusilla: I'm naming all the stars.
Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also it's day.
Drusilla: I can see them. But I've named them all the same name, and there's terrible confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 am 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

I would say drama because that can encompass so many themes and so many different things plus romantic story lines are always somewhat over hashed and predictable.

Instant messaging or video chat?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:38 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
Would you rather have the ability to taste food or the ability to enjoy music?
You can still eat and hear, but either are tone deaf or nothing has flavor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:51 pm 
3. Flaming O

Enjoy music. No way I could live without music!

Would you rather uncontrollably hate Amber Benson or be uncontrollably in love with a kids' TV character?

I have a fish named Drusilla. He doesn't know, he thinks his name is Drew. Shhhh...

Spike: Are we feeling better, then?
Drusilla: I'm naming all the stars.
Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also it's day.
Drusilla: I can see them. But I've named them all the same name, and there's terrible confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:29 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Whoa, tough one ... Really depends on the kids' TV character. I watch a lot of kids' TV, and almost all of the characters upset me in one way or another. If it's uncontrollable, though, I don't really get to choose, do I? I could see myself pining away for Josie or one of the Pussycats, but it would feel weird if it was someone like Doc McStuffins, you know?

This might not be the point of the question, but I'm gonna get a little deeper into this anyway - generally speaking, unless the stars line up and your love is miraculously returned, it is far more easy to hate than to love. Hate is a driving emotion that would keep me up and active, plotting Wile E. Coyote like plans to destroy Amber Benson. I'd be browsing the ACME website at work and scribbling the designs for elaborate traps on the napkin during my lunch break. It would get me out of bed in the morning and fill my day with purpose. Love, however, makes you lazy. It makes you mope around, drink too much (and not in a bad-karaoke night with your friends kind of way), makes you watch depressing bad movies and write bad poetry in the middle of the night. It makes you never want to go out or even get out of bed.

It seems so clear now. I would rather uncontrollably hate Amber Benson than uncontrollably love Doc McStuffins (or whomever).

Q: Which would be more satisfying to you, personally - to be Pepe LePew and actually score with the cat, or be Wile E. Coyote and finally catch that goddamn Road Runner. Be honest ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:31 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I'd so relish a plate of gristly, tough road runner.

Let's face it, PePe's talent is the fine art of flirtation, not the follow through. He is always charming, rarely desperate. He wants it, but doesn't need it.

Wiley neeeeeds that damned bird to die. die. die.

Sauerkraut or Sour Patch Kids?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:28 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Gotta agree, Boschi. Random thought, but he must be tired of real girl skunks because they don't run. If I were a girl skunk, I'd be chasing him; I'd be no challenge at all.

On topic, I have to go with the Sour Patch Kids. I do not know who they are, but I greatly dislike sauerkraut. Lord, is that how you really spell "sauerkraut?"

Hard or soft cheese?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:37 pm 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

I like both but can I say melted hard cheese. OK random change of topic but clocks: wall or digital?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 pm 
18. Breast Gal

I'll go for wall - it's not something I've ever really considered, but now that I think about it, I actually kind of like how a nice simple clock looks, plain face, thin black hands, it's kind of peaceful looking. Nothing wrong with a digital display but it's just kind of there, doing its job but not putting any style into it, and they always remind me of Hitch-Hiker's Guide and how we look to the rest of the universe for thinking digital watches were cool.

Okay, so, films and tv at home, anything you want to put on your screen and watch: streaming/download, or dvd/bluray/physical media?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
I'd go with streaming. I only buy physical media when it's not available otherwise.

Gaiman or Pratchett?

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:29 pm 
18. Breast Gal

I can't fault Gaiman, but Pratchett all the way - it's the Disc as a setting that edges him ahead for me, I feel like it's one of those that's become more than the sum of the stories that've actually been told in it, and has a life of its own.

Since it seems to be a thing lately, classic Disney films: animated, or live action?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:15 pm 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

Animated for sure and probably sleeping beauty or the little mermaid. Curtains for the kitchen or blinds?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Curtains. I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart. Also, dusting blinds is a bitch and a half.

Personal vehicle or public transport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:09 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Not sure if I'm qualified to answer that, since I've never had a personal vehicle (are we counting bicycles? I had one when I was young. Didn't use it much) and I live a short walk from literally the centre of the whole train network, which really makes public transport seem a lot more convenient than it is if you're somewhere where there's one bus every hour and that's it. But public transport anyway.

Hot weather or cold weather?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Cold weather. You can always put more layers on but there are only so many to take off. Plus 11 summers working in the desert, I'm so over hot.

Waking up early to see the sun rise or staying up all night to see the sun rise?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Not specifically for sunrise, but it's definitely more likely I'd stay up than get up. I never get up early unless I absolutely have to, whereas it's really easy to find myself going "Oh I'll just finish this first..." even if I am actually tired already.

Moving around on water: sails or engines? By whatever criteria you like, would rather do, cooler, whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:37 am 
28. Com...plete

Never really done either (my on-water experiences usually involve oars) except for a cruise when I was a kid, but I've always liked the idea of sails. They're pretty, and less noisy.

Stuffed animal or security blanket? (Can be when you were a kid, for your kids, or currently.)

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:07 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
Stuffed animal for sure.

Normal cold/icy winters, or climate change steamy/warm winters?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm 
18. Breast Gal

I was kinda hoping the 'more extremes of weather' thing I'd heard somewhere would turn out to be true, and if we're going to have to have awful summers like the one just coming to a close, we'd at least swing wildly in the other direction to get arctic winters. So I guess not that there looks like there'll be much choice, but I'd rather have the normal cold type.

Working: alone, or with co-workers? (Assuming whatever work you're doing doesn't need co-workers to be manageable, if you pick that option.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Working with co-workers - most of the time I work alone, but when the co-workers are right and you really create something better than any one person could do alone it feels MARVELOUS!!!

Middle of summer so let's flip to winter:

Would you rather be an Olympic figure skater OR Ski Jumper?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 pm 
28. Com...plete

Figure skater!

Would you rather paint or draw?

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Draw - I know I'd spill the paint and end up wearing it!

Incredible singer or Amazing dancer?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Today's food day thing presented two options, so I think that's destiny's way of telling me to post in this thread. But first:

That's actually given me a bit of thought, because I can see positives either way - after careful consideration, I think I'll pick amazing dancer. Assuming I get to keep whatever level of talent I already have, rather than whichever one I don't choose immediately plummeting to zero; I'm not really 'a singer' but I can get by well enough to entertain myself, whereas I'm not any kind of dancer, so that skillset has nowhere to go but up.

And now, as ordained by whoever it is who keeps choosing days for the US to celebrate every kind of food imaginable, on September 27th would you celebrate National Chocolate Milk Day or National Corned Beef Hash Day?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Because I'm contrary and because I like corned beef, dammit(!!): National Corned Beef Hash Day!

If you have to work a weird work shift: Super early morning start OR Late night finish?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:05 am 
18. Breast Gal

Now I'm kind of tempted - I like corned beef, and I like hash, but never the two have met, maybe though...

After giving it some thought, I'm going to go with late night finish, just because I feel like I'd be missing out on less. Under ideal circumstances there's nothing I need to be doing Monday-Friday evening (I see a movie occasionally, but weekend works just as well) - none of my post-work stuff wouldn't work if it got shifted later into the night. If I'm off work for a while I kind of gravitate to staying up late anyway. And going in early would mean nothing would be open, so I'd have to make my own breakfast and lunch instead of just grab something on the way in (I'm lazy like that). Also I'm not great at getting to sleep, if it's still early/light or idiots outside are making noise or whatever, but I'm pretty good at staying asleep if any of that starts happening once I'm already down. The only slight temptation to go the other way would be that I do kind of like the nobody-else-is-up-yet quiet at 5 or 6am, but I think that novelty would wear off real fast.

This is a bit of a specific one, and I admit it's kind of just an elaboration on hot/cold, but I've got this notion that the details might make all the difference. So the scenario is, you're going on a holiday in an extreme environment - you've got people who know what they're doing along, your tour group or whatever has all the supplies and tents and whatever needed to get through without anyone being at risk of any actual harm, but you're either going to spend a few weeks in a proper baking hot desert, or an arctic wilderness. Which?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 pm 
18. Breast Gal

I'll answer my own (normally I'd pick cold over hot, but I think I'd actually go desert over tundra - it gets cold at night anyway, and I just think it'd be cooler to have seen an actual desert up close) since today's got two more food options, so let's post them here.

According to the global community, today is Tripe Day, but the US would rather it be Bologna Day, so this can only be solved by Food Day Thunderdome, two meals enter, one meal leaves. I'm kind of inclined to go with the colonials on this one, maybe I just haven't encountered any really good tripe, but it doesn't strike me as something I want to have on my plate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next