The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Friday the 13th MKF!!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:30 am 
28. Com...plete

Topics: 12
We might have another Friday 13 thread somewhere, but new board means new threads!

IT's Friday the 13th, a day associated with lots of things but also black cats like our MKF.

Friday the 13th has been traditionally very good for us Kittens. A lot of us met Amber on one, some really crappy TV shows got canceled on two others.

So what GOOD luck thing do you expect today?

One of my old co-workers from my dot com is comming in today to interview for a job at my new work. I have not seen her in years and it should be nice.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Warlock

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

Post subject: Re: It's Friday the 13th MKF!!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:14 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Yay, it's a good day! I hope to get my car back from the shop today. I miss it :(( why did I hurt you, oh car of mine? :sob

Last edited by xita on Fri May 13, 2005 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:55 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Because you drive like a maniac maybe? :p Well no more maniacal than any other LA driver as far as I could tell. I am just not used to LA traffic, it was scary.
Anyho, it is the start of a long weekend, Monday is a holiday, so I am in a good mood for a change (it will pass soon enough). I was not specifically counting on good things today, but so far it has been a nice day nonetheless. The sun is shining again, getting warmer (the temperature is still going up and down every week from hot to cold and now back to less cold). I took half a day and left early from work. Bought me a new car radio/CD player which is still lacking in the car (a ´93 Chrysler Voyager) I bought a week and a half ago. (I got my driver´s licence on April the 26th, so I am finally a big boy.) I´ll try and install the radio/CD player tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

Last edited by urnofosiris on Fri May 13, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:58 am 
3. Flaming O

I feel your pain. My car is in the shop too. It seems like it's been there forever, and it still isn't done. I miss it.

In other news today is the first performance of the play I'm in. I'm trying not to too pessimistic because we haven't actually had a full dress rehearsal (because we got screwed over and they let other people use the stage all this week) and some people still don't know their lines. When my character is on she basically talks non stop (I get to bitch out my friend Dan, he plays my husband. It's fun) so at least if I mess up it won't screw up anyone else. I hope there is some miracle and it is all pulled together well :pray

Hope everyone else has a good friday the thirteenth.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:36 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Today is the start of something very special.

After months of planning, weeks of preparation, days of agonizing I have quit my job and have packed up all my belongings. I am (not so) patiently waiting to pick up the GF at the airport and we plan on leaving this weekend to start the next chapter of our life. Should be a week long trip across country I shall never forget. So, to all the kittens we may pass on the way give a big wave to the very large Penske truck. (Trying to dispel the lesbian U-Haul stigma)

I have only had one bad experience with Friday the 13th, and it was not even really me, my mother got antifreeze in her eye when I was a kid. Not fun times.

Xita, hooray on getting your truck back! I am sorry to say I agree with Garfield, you do drive like a maniac! But is really any different than where I am from or where I am going?

Garfield the only piece of advice I can offer you, don’t blow a speaker channel when you install the stereo. Take my word for it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:40 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hee, care to tell me how you managed that so I can avoid it? :p

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:02 am 

Being young and inexperienced, mind you this was over 10 years ago, I think I crossed up a wire and got a little puff of smoke from the back of the unit. Did not realize what I had done until I figured out why only one side would have sound.

To test if your speakers are working properly before install you can take a small battery and place the end of one speaker wire on the - and the other on the + to test if they are working. If the cone moves it is working, I could get all geeky on you and go into phase reversal of speakers but…naw it’s only a car stereo.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
You know I wish you the best Jen , you and that other licky one!

Good luck and have fun!

Ahh, update on my car. I am sure you all care. It's not ready :sob. It will be on Monday. Sigh, 3 more days of life without my baby. And you know guys, I am not a crazy driver, I mean.. maybe.. I don't know. I need a third person to confirm. :p

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:35 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Well, I can speak with authority on xita's "crazy driver" issue. :lol How many states have we been to now? I count eight.

You're definitely not a crazy driver, in my opinion. I'm very picky and critical about driving skills and I'm almost always nervous being a passenger. But I never felt nervous. It's all those other crazy drivers you have to watch out for.

In other news, happy weekend to everyone, especially those Penske lesbians. I'm happy for y'all.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:01 am 

I've always enjoyed Friday the 13th but I also have a black cat who walks in front of me all the time too. :-D Our special good news for the day is that Darcy and I finally refinanced so that we can pay off our mortgage and get new siding/windows installed. :applause And afterwards we even cleaned house a bit, freaking out Morrigan (the black cat). On the crappier side of things, work is going to blow up on me again - two employees not getting along (one supervisor and one bookseller who has worked for me almost 4 years). Oh well.

Ciao, Melissa

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:43 am 
Even though I'm very superstitious, I do enjoy Friday the 13th. Its been a pretty good day for me. I played the lottery and won the pick 3. $290.00 is coming to Momma.

Mel, congrats on the refinancing. And sorry to hear about work blowing up. It seems to happen to me everyday. Hmm, maybe thats why I had a minor heartattack. I'm still home for at least another week and if the dr puts me out any longer, I'll be working from an insane asylum

Xita, sorry to hear about the car whoos. I can certainly sympathize. My kids say I treat my car better than I do them. Thats because my car doesn't talk back and give me grief if I say no. And I'm sure you're a safe driver. Mainly because NJ is the road rage capital of the world. And you're 3000 miles from it.

And to the Penske duo....much luck and success in your endeavors. I'll wave if you come through NJ.

I hope everyone had a safe and lucky Friday the 13th.

Love to All,
Barb

Post subject: Re: It's Friday the 13th MKF!!--angst warning
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:10 am 
3. Flaming O

One really great thing and one really bad thing happened yesterday.

Good thing: My retirement $$ came in the mail. Mind you I am only 28, but I quit teaching last year to go back to school full time and change fields (slightly). I had only taught for 6 years, so I did not feel that it was enough $$ to wait 37 years for, so I cashed it out. After SIX MONTHS NY State finally fixed their "computer glitch" and gave me my due. YAY!!!!

Bad thing: Long and horrific story. To make it short, I got a call yesterday morning that my 3 year old niece who has a seizure disorder had died. 12 minutes later I received another call from my mother saying that she had misunderstood my hysterically crying sister and it wasn't my niece who had died, but my sister's father-in-law. THAT IS THE MOTHER OF ALL MISUNDERSTANDINGS!!! I am very sad that he passed as it was very sudden, but it is not often that such horrific news as a child dying is taken back. It is amazing how much can reel through your mind in such a short amount of time. It is also a wonder how the body reacts to such news. My entire family is 2 hours away. Even after we got the real news, we still hopped in the car and drove out there to see the nieces. I am always happy to see them, but never so happy as I was yesterday.

I am still an emotional wreck from the whole thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:49 am 
28. Com...plete

Ah little thread o' mine.

IT's another Friday 13th my Kittens!

That old friend that interviewed at the top of this thread? Well we hired her and she has been her now for 6 months. IT's been nice.

Here is some silly Friday 13th trivia sent to me.

Quick Quiz:

What's the maximum number of Friday the 13ths that can occur in any given calendar year?

A. one
B. two
C. three
D. four

The answer appears near the bottom of the page.

----------------------------------------------

* Is the fear of Friday the 13th based on the fear of the number thirteen itself?

It is, yes. And when you think about it, 13 is when numbers reach a new level when it comes to common items. There are 12 months in a year, 12 inches in a foot, 12 items in a dozen, 12 signs of the zodiac, and when we learn our multiplication tables in school, they go all the way up to 12 times 12. While some think that Christianity deems the number unlucky, researchers have determined that the modern-day fear of 13 is based on Norse mythology. According to the story, 12 gods were dining at Valhalla when a 13th guest named Loki joined the party. Loki ended up causing the death of Balder, the Norse god of light and joy. From that day forward, the legend goes, the number 13 has been unlucky.

* Does Friday the 13th really have an impact on the U.S. economy?

More than you might expect, in fact. According to an ABC News report from 2005, businesses lose nearly one billion dollars every Friday the 13th, owing to everything from people who stay home from work to those who won't travel on the unlucky day. Some of this loss is due to lower volume on the stock market, but investors shouldn't be frightened of Friday the 13th. A study looking at stock prices over the last 50 years proved that the Dow performs better on Friday the 13th than on other Fridays.

* Is there anyplace in the world where Friday the 13th is considered lucky?

There are a few places, in fact. In China and much of Asia, the date is considered fortunate, or at the very least not unlucky. You'd have to go down under to find the people who really think Friday the 13th is lucky, however. In Australia, lottery agents report a brisk business every Friday the 13th, selling 50 percent more tickets than average on that day.

* NASA tells us that a Friday the 13th coming up several years from now might be exciting.

That's what they say, yes. In 2004, the organization's Near Earth Object Program reported that a sizeable asteroid had a one-in-60 chance of colliding with Earth on Friday, April the 13th, 2029. The thousand-foot-wide asteroid would cause major damage wherever it hit. They predicted massive tsunamis if it hit the ocean, or destruction of an area the size of Texas if it hit land. Luckily, further calculations determined that the asteroid will miss the Earth by about 20,000 miles, but that will still be close enough for it to put on quite a visual show in the sky. As it turns out, an asteroid that size gets that close to Earth only about once every 1,000 years.

* Who were the three scariest guys to be born on Friday the 13th?

Well, our researchers chose three for us. First is Christopher Plummer, the long-serving Canadian actor who has appeared in dozens of films over the past fifty years, including many horror pictures. The second is Steve Buscemi, whose gaunt appearance has served him well in roles in films like "Fargo" and "Con Air," in which he portrayed a serial killer. But the spookiest person born on Friday the 13th has to be Alfred Hitchcock. He was born on Friday, August 13, 1899. The Master of Suspense died back in 1980, but had he lived to be 100, Hitchcock would have hit the century mark in August of 1999, again on Friday the 13th.

ASIDE: The Kittens' very own Web Warlock was also born on Friday 13th!!!! ;)

----------------------------------------------

Quiz Quiz Answer:
C. three. Every calendar year has at least one Friday the 13th, but no more than three of them can occur in any year.

Warlock

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:38 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
Day's half over for me. Nothing bad has happened...yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Friday the 13th is my lucky day!! I got to see amber one friday the 13th :-D Have a good one everyone. Be safe <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:05 am 
28. Com...plete

Ah another Friday the 13th!

So far this day is could be better. But hey the great thing about Friday the 13th...its' still a Friday!!!

Have a great day Kitties.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:34 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Today as gone well, My washer has not broken down, which it did the other day, the weather is great and I managed to solve a problem on my forum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:35 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
WOW! I had no idea a thread like this was out there! I'm almost as intrigued by this one as I am with the "It's Just Thursday, MKF!" thread!

Being left-handed - and thereby inherently "sinister" - I have always been attracted to those things others (mainly right-handers) deem to be unlucky. Black cats & Friday the 13th in particular have always been my favourites. And having lived in Japan for so long, I've also been able to add an international flair to my repertoire - I am, for example, a notorious night-whistler, and I used to live in the 4th apartment on my row (though my room # was changed to a 5 on the door).

On this particular Friday the 13th, I'm taking a bunch of Japanese VIP's visiting my company out for drinks and dinner, all on the company expense account, of course (woo hoo!). And, oddly enough, there are going to be 13 of us, in total. I expect it to be a grand night!

Happy Friday the 13th, Kittens!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

What better day than Friday the 13th to tackle all those pesky life management things I've been avoiding.

As a bonus, the potato pancakes I made for myself this morning were about as perfect as perfect can be... onions and mushrooms cooked just right, shredded cheddar melted all through them, and perfectly brown and crispy on both sides. I am the queen.

ETC grammatical mistake... oopsy.

Last edited by Boschi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:05 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

ooh bosch, i'd walk under a ladder for some of your potato pancakes!

friday the 13th has never seemed remotely unlucky to me (that seems to be reserved for every other day of the week) but i love any excuse to have a special thread on the board. :)

happy friday the 13th, people.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 am 
9. Gay Now

Surprise surprise, no one wanted to schedule their kid's surgery on Friday the 13th, so both docs I schedule for took the day off. Since they did, I did too. :D Hooray for spontaneous days off!

-Cam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Happy Friday the 13th, MKF!

My new computer was delivered yesterday, but I was out late with some guests from Japan. So, yes, I will be setting my machine up on ... (cue dramatic music) Friday the 13th!!

This has traditionally always been a rather good day for me, though, and I somehow suspect that holds true for a lot of other Kittens out there. I mean, we're all posting on a board about black cats & witches, right? Friday the 13th ought to be like some kind of holiday for us.

In any case, we won't be seeing this thread again in 2008 ... enjoy it while you can!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 am 
28. Com...plete

Not only is today Friday the 13th, it is the BEST Friday the 13th for me cause it is also my birthday!

I was was born on Friday the 13th too.

So as typical for me, I am wearing my Kitten shirt to celebrate all the good Friday the 13ths I have had here.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:48 am 
3. Flaming O

Friday the 13th was good and bad. Good because it was freezing instead of too hot, and bad because big brother decided to capitalize on the idea and bore me out of two hours of my life. By golly, I want those two hours back!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:44 am 
5. Willowhand

Location: Behind the tree, outside the window. Waving at you.
Holy hell, it is friday the 13th! :o

Yeah. That means nothing to me. :laugh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:54 pm 
well the only thing that it means to me, is YAY!! is friday!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:47 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

This made me so happy! What a great way to end a Friday the 13th!!
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/06/13/happy-friday-the-13th/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:12 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

that was awesome gorn. i was hoping some cable tv would air at least one episode last night but unfortunately i couldn't find one on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 am 
28. Com...plete

And here we are again! Friday the 13th, the first of 3 this year.

And given some of the fun we have had on other Friday the 13ths (December 2002 was good, February 2004 was really good too) let's hope for some more cancelled TV shows! ;)

But this one is also nice since Valentines Day is tomorrow!

Any plans tonight Kittens? Anyone going out?

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:53 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

yay my lucky day :D

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)