The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 174  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy Feelings
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:24 pm 
I'm glad to hear that i was not the only one that has happened to Tommo. i think Mr. Officer may have felt sorry for me, you know standing out in the rain at 1 am and all.

but im not going to ponder it too much.

And on another note, looks like i finally may be employed again very soon. :bounce

Hurray!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:08 am 
Oh, yes. Verbal warnings instead of citations give me very happy feelings. I wonder if it's one of the perks of being female. My male friends almost always get cited. Five out of six times, I've gotten verbal warnings.

The last time I got pulled over, it was due to a burned-out brake light. (Instead of speeding, which is my usual offense.) I knew the light had burned out, but I'd been too lazy to fix it. So, I feigned innocence: "One of my brake lights is out?Which side is it on? The driver's side? OK. If I promise to fix it today, will you let me go without a fix-it ticket? Thanks, Officer. I really appreciate it." All this time, I was hoping that the cop wasn't looking too carefully at the interior of my car. Because the new light bulbs that I had been too lazy to install were sitting on the back seat of the car, in full view.

"I really, really love giving you a hard time. I'm starting to think of it as foreplay." Mrs. Mscheckmate

Edited by: mscheckmate at: 1/13/03 11:10:38 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:00 am 
Well, if I was to respond to the getting pulled over thing, I would have to go to the crappy feelings thread. I always get cited. I am not good at the batting of the eyes and playing innocent. Hmmm...wonder why....

Anyway, the reason I am happy and bumping this thread is because of a wonderful thing that happened over the weekend. My GF and I went to my parents house for dinner on Sunday. While I was helping mom in the kitchen, my GF called me into the living room and pointed to a picture hanging on the family photo wall. It was a picture of us that was taken over Thanksgiving, AND it was hanging on my parent's wall!!!! :eek Now I realize that this may seem relatively insignificant to some, but, for me and my family it is a HUGE step forward. Considering that when my love and I first moved in together, my family refused to acknowledge her for a whole year. Now, 2 years later, mom has us proudly displayed on the wall of pictures with the rest of the family.

Ahh...small steps mean so much.:blush

"You have to believe we are magic. Nothin' can stand in our way."---Olivia Newton-John.

The quest for certainty blocks the quest for meaning.---Erich Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:49 am 
Aw, that's awesome.

I can't wait until my mom can accept my sexual orientation enough to do something like that. For now I'm just hoping she'll stop telling me to "keep an open mind" whenever I tell her, yet again, that it's not a phase and that I'm not going to end up with a man. I find it ironic that she's telling me to keep an open mind when she can't quite open hers enough to accept me the way i am. Oops, this doesn't so much belong here! Sorry :)

It makes me happy to see that families do change and gives me hope that my mom will eventually accept every part of me.

To add to happy feelings, I just finished my biggest scariest final exam of exam period, and as soon as I finish tweaking my vodou paper, i'll be 2/3rd done with my first semester of grad school!!

~La

"Come out that I may send you to hell!"

~Joan as played by Leelee Sobieski to Lord Glasdale in the Joan of Arc miniseries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:01 pm 
Oooh Slayer Sydney, that's great. Go you. :)

"Sarah dragged me into the bushes and begged for sex." ~ News of the World

Edited by: tommo at: 1/15/03 10:02:22 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:26 am 
That's great, Slayer Sydney-- my parent's haven't moved past the *point Nora at everything male that moves and hope the "gay" thing goes away* phase, and I hope that they can eventually move forward...

On to happy news, though... I found out that I get to study abroad in Spain for the summer term, taking classes and even getting to visit my host family from my previous visit! I'll earn college credit, not to mention improve my Spanish and enjoy the wonderful Toledo atmosphere... *swoon* -Nora

"Fear prophets...and those prepared to die for the truth, for as a rule they make many others die with them, often before them, at times instead of them." -Umberto Eco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:01 am 
Ah...tra la la...

Happy day. Happy happy day. You know when you wake up and it's Friday and you just feel all giddy and "yay!"?

I'm almost on the verge of posting bouncing smilies. But y'know, I'm never quite that happy... ;)

"Sarah dragged me into the bushes and begged for sex." ~ News of the World

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:16 am 
I'm happy because I finally got my new CD done and I'm happily making out all the little labels on the brown envelopes to send it off to various clubs.

I'm also happy because after 2 weeks of trying to find it on kazaa, I finally dl Beyond the city limits.

And yet more goodness, last night I went to my sisters house and my nephew, who's 10 and who I've always been really close with, looked at me and said 'When you're as old as great grandma, I don't want you to live in a place like her, I'm going to build you a room at my house so you can live with me forever'. That kid really does rock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:13 am 
After a week of depression and mayor sickness I'm finally happy again. Today it's a friend of mines birthday and tomorrow is the big party with ALL of my friends! I don't get to see all of them that often so it's gonna be fun partying alltogether again :party

I told my mom that I kissed my best friend a while ago and she didin't freak which surprised me but in a pretty good way, cause I always thought my mom wasn't very openminded.

Now I'm trotting off to my best male friend to spend some quality time!

:love & :peace

Diane

If I'd be hearing this music in my car
I would overdrive someone for sure

my friend Linda ("center of the universe") on techno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:20 pm 
I should hope not, Ruth. Besides, we all know that the only bouncy things you're ever likely to post when you're happy are boobies.

And yanno? I wouldn't change that for the world. ;)

:baby

Spank me, I'm Julia.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:53 pm 
My g/f's lil sis came over to stay tonight, we watched OMWF, all singing along sounding pretty bloody awful but it was fun. And don't kids say the funniest things! During the floating 'O at the end of I'm under your spell she burst out with "Is that what witches do?" :eek I nearly spit my drink down myself! hehe i'm still not entirely sure what she meant by it :confused :lol

:blush right, im off to bed to dream of hugs and puppies. Or yanno, whores or whatever. night xxx

"Life's such an irritant for a picture of innocence like me"

- Mark and Cerys - 'To and Fro'

Edited by: aimbly at: 1/18/03 3:55:17 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:10 pm 
Okay goodness all around for me I'm so excited! Yesterday my grades from school came in the mail and I ddi really well maintaining my 3.6 GPA. But besides that my friend asked me to be in her bridal party!!! Last but not least importantly I talked to a girl tonight on line and we have discussed maybe meeting one another "sometime" gotta love life when it throws you good news! Hope everyone is having as good a time as me!

Shelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:06 pm 
<---This is going to be my lovestruck smile. Extremely happy feelings because me and the girl I like are doing the whole extremely sweet, almost "I love you more" thing right about now. *dreamy sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:34 am 
Jer and I got some really happy news yesterday. I've been away from the board quite a bit lately, in part because I'm covering for someone at work who has gone on maternity leave (chat whorelettes, I miss you strumpets), and also because I've been spending all my time away from work (and sleep, blessed, blessed sleep!) house hunting with my honey. And believe it or not (we're still not sure we can), our bid on a 3 bed/1.5 bath with a comfortably roomy living area and a cute patio in the yard (with a view!) was accepted yesterday morning. It's small, but not as small as we thought we'd have to settle for with our price range. If all goes well, we'll be home owners in a month and a half. :)

(Someone shoot me for my appalling overusage of ellipses. Really. What was I thinking? Hee.)

Spank me, I'm Julia.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:29 am 
Congrats Julia, enjoy it while you can dear.:)

Don't worry about posting here too much. I'll meet you in the crappy feelings thread as soon as your roof has started leaking and you have fallen through your wooden floor and just when you have finished working your ass off for 4 weeks to make your house look pretty one of the pipes of your central heating system has started leaking as well.

-------------------------

Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:10 pm 
Wow, Julia. Congrats on the pending home ownership. That idea still scares the shit out of me, but I'm very happy for you. :party

But of course, I do miss you so ... :heart

You know those furry things ... that hide underground?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:31 pm 
My little Jho a homo-ner. Sigh. She's come. So far.

She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:15 pm 
The homo-ner. Not to be confused with the lesboner.

Spank me, I'm Julia.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:47 pm 
Congratulations J-ho! Follow your dreams woman! You know I wish you the best. :heart

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

Tallulah Bankhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:24 pm 
Congrats Julia ;)

Mozilla : One Browser to Rule Them All.

Post subject: all giddy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:57 pm 
WOO AND WHOO!!! ok this is somthing kinda strange to be all giddy about but i am.

ok my best freind has always had the worst luck with girls. they all broke her heart. but she finally found the girl of her dreams and they have been together for 2 monthes. :bounce :bounce and the girl of her dreams turns out to be another one of my best friends. anyhoo, They finally gottta chance to stay to stay the night together at allisons house...need i say more!:devil it was there first time(with a girl) and noe they are maddly in love. it's sooo sweet!:heart

YOU GO TAMRA AND ALISON:party :clap

love ya all:love

megan

Post subject: ALL DONE!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:21 pm 
I'm very happy because as soon as I hand in this last paper, I will be finished with my first semester of grad school! I have been working steadily on final papers and final exams since January 1st. And now I'm done. I wrote a song for the occasion while I was in the shower:

(to the tune of "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho" from Snow White)

I'm done, I'm done!

I'm done I'm done I'm done!

I wrote a ton but now I'm done,

All done, all done all done all done ...

~La

"A science-fiction movie? I think I have made a science-fiction movie:

Chasing Amy. Because you go ask any lesbian--that'll never happen."

~Kevin Smith

Post subject: Re: ALL DONE!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:03 pm 
I post too often in here. It's fast starting to worry me. ;)

But I'm happy today because I'm going to get the chance to do something that I've wanted to do all my life. And even if it just happens this once, then at least I'll have done it.

And um...oddly enough, this little happy paragraph isn't about sex. Hee.

She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

Post subject: Re: all giddy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:31 pm 
Megan,

waaah - Congrats! I wasn't in a happy mood just now, but reading about a wonderful thing like that! Oooooh how sweet! Sending out the love to you all!

and re-affirming "Go Tamra & Alison" :clap

Post subject: In a happy place
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:09 pm 
Well, none of this is actually personal, but I'm in a good mood and this thread was onto page 2, so...

I do so love my town. With all its shortcomings, Toronto is one kewl place sometimes.

Why, just today, my favourite political party held its leadership convention, and on the first ballot, picked one swell guy to lead the party. I'm all smiles just from that.

Then, I'm reading the weekend paper, and there's this article in the condos section about these two ladies who have set themselves up a very nifty apartment. Sure, you might assume they're roommates... but if there's only one bed...

(Love that paper, by the way. Great coverage, the right angles.)

Just felt like sharing a happy day. Later, all!

"...you can make those two characters as dewey-eyed in love and it would never be too much."

-Chris Golden, on W/T

Post subject: a happy surprise!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:07 pm 
Well, in my normal "get the paperwork & forget to read it, because I supposedly know what it says" way, I finally opened the envelope containing my diploma and transcript... and ...

I was awarded a double major instead of a major & a minor!!!!

I knew I had plenty of credits, way more than necessary, but didn't think they were in the correct courses!!

I have to revise my resume about this!!! such a burden!! :

skittles

"These woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep."

-- Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost

Post subject: Re: a happy surprise!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:16 pm 
I'm happy because my mom, dad and sister loves me, coz I'm lucky and still got my grandparents. I'm happy coz my mother gave me a kitten for no reason... my very own little Willow. I'm happy coz I've got my good health (still), even though I'm overweight. Really thrilled by just existing, being able to use all my senses. I'm happy coz I have clothes, food and money enough to live a pleasent life (don't get me wrong, I got my bills, and I have to spend my money wisely, but I'm not starving and walking around in rags). I'm happy coz, I got my own place, it's small... and it's in the middle of nowhere.. but I don't care. Most of all I'm happy coz I found a woman, and she loves me... and maybe there really is a god.

Peace Out ..... I better go to bed before I start telling what else I'm happy about... :bigkiss

P.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:00 pm 
Congratulations Skittles! :bounce I hope revising your resume won’t be TOO much of a burden. It can’t be any more difficult than taking all those classes to wind up with a double major.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:36 pm 
congrats skittles , go you! :applause :clap :bigkiss

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

Tallulah Bankhead

Post subject: Re: In a happy place
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:21 am 
Hey Kalita, like your political bent. Think Leyton will get a seat this time?

Am just feeling in a generally happy mood. The days are getting longer :applause and I just feel like smiling at the world for a change.

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 174  Next