The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: It's just Thursday, MKF! 1/29/04
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
I missed a couple of Thursdays there, didn't I, MKF? I'm sorry. I never seem to have enough time for everything these days. I look back on my old posts sometimes and I wonder where I ever found the time to write as often as I did. Of course, back then I didn't have to get up at five o'clock in the GODDAMN morning every day (somewhere in Kansas, Boschi is laughing at me).

I'm looking at the post above, and although I can mentally understand what Boschi's trying to say about beating the heat ... it still makes me horny. If I had zucchini in the house - and if Mrs. Gorn wasn't within days of giving birth - we'd probably take turns making very odd noises as we pressed cold zucchini against one another's necks.

Seriously, doesn't that just sound WAY kinky? Stop whatever you're doing right now and imagine you're in a walk-in cooler with your significant other, or someone you wish was your significant other ... think of the noise they make you press cold zucchini against their neck ...

If I lived in an alternate universe where there were actually twenty-eight or thirty hours in the day, I'd write a little Willow & Tara story in Pens about that. Wouldn't that be great?

I came here today feeling all sorry for myself, MKF, but now I have a smile on my face. Where would I be without Thursday?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:49 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

It's not Friday yet, is it, MKF? Oh, good!

Mrs. Gorn had her last check-up with the doctor. There had been talk of inducing her tonight, but the doctor decided to do it Monday morning instead. So, unless the little gornling decides to surprise us, Monday morning six o'clock in the GODDAMN morning we're checking in to the hospital.

I thought it would be so sweet if this one was born on a Thursday, but that's OK. Looking on the bright side, as I tend to do whenever possible, this should at least perk my Monday up a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:59 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Whoa, I didn't even realize it was Thursday, MKF! I took the week off to help welcome baby Sarah into the world, and without the routine grind of my job I completely lost track of time.

Tonight we experienced for the first time the joy of having two screaming children at home. I can see how this thing kind of thing would eventually drive someone insane, but Mrs. Gorn and I are still all smiles about it. I think I'm a bit more smiles than Mrs. Gorn, though to be fair she's been through a little more than I have. She's also stressed because the breast-feeding isn't going so well. Didn't go well with our first one, either, but she was hoping it might be different this time. Our first daughter is tremendously strong and healthy, though, so formula plus whatever Mrs. Gorn could pump works just fine. Like most everything, though, it's difficult to get Mrs. Gorn to not worry so much and see things my way ...

I think I may play a little World of Warcraft tonight, MKF. Been a long time.

A most happy Thursday to all out there!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Congratulations, gorn! Glad you all and your new addition are doing well. Hope you're not still playing WoW. I know, as with most games, it can be a massive time-suck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Hi there folks, happy Thursday!

I've been absent lately to care for my field, but right now I'm at home caring for myself as I have a monster of a summer cold/flu. Blarg - I haven't had a voice for 5 days now. Sucks not being able to yell at people! I wish I could say I've been super productive with officey work during my convalescence, but pretty much I've been compulsively playing Plants vs. Zombies... good god it is addictive. I close my eyes at night and see rows of bouncing, potentially lethal little cartoon veggies, and legions of disco zombies. It just aint right.

On saner topic:

gorn, big congrats!

everyone else.... where the hell are you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:30 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Rough Thursday here; feeling frustrated and aggravated. Started the day as a witness to a nasty 3 car accident. The idiot in front of me (driving a mustang) coasted through a stop sign and got t-boned by an F250 pulling a trailer, then rear-ended by another truck coming from the opposite direction. Luckily, the trucks were able to brake enough that the person in the Mustang wasn't injured, but the car was totaled. Ugh! So, the rest of my work day has consisted of irritating employees and photoshop constantly crashing. Calgon take me away!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:03 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 1
Oh Thursday. You're kind of that nebulous inbetweentime after date night Wednesday and dance night Friday. And that's why I love you. You're all mine.

I've just gotten back from the grocery store; I am on a mission to bake my very first pie. Cherry pie. But tonight I'm just going to relax, maybe try and do some painting or play some guitar. Just me me me. Frankly I need the mental space to prepare for tomorrow night. Nothing like facing a night out on the town with my new date in the same venue as my ex. Drück mir mal die Daumen!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I love pie, MKF.
But I'm so sleepy. Mrs. Gorn and the littlest gornling are doing great, but Mrs. Gorn is very, very tired. Between the middle of the night feedings and the job starting at six forty-five in the GODDAMN morning, I feel like I've got jetlag. But the gornling is quite healthy, and Mrs. Gorn is starting to have success breast-freeding. It's a good Thursday.

Sorry, MKF, I gotta crash.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am 
4. Extra Flamey

It's Thursday. Can't stop. Got to go catch a train to Paris.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist saying that.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

It's pretty early in the goddamn morning, MKF. I'm writing now because the last few Thursdays I've been meaning to do it in the evening when I get home ... but I don't seem to get around to doing it. Been really tired lately, not sure what it is. I don't think it's just the new gornling in the house - although that's certainly a contributing factor. Maybe I just need to start eating right and getting some excercise ... I don't know. Seems I'm dragging ass just about every day for a while now.

I had a sausage, egg & cheese biscuit AND a ham, egg & cheese croissant for breakfast today. I had them both because they both looked so good and I couldn't make up my mind. A little donut shop opened up in the middle of town that I drive by every day, and it's become a habit now to stop in and pick something up.

I washed it down with a Pepsi.

Stop looking at me like that, MKF. I'll start eating better tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Mrs. Gorn just started brewing her three-day curry, MKF! It must be Thursday!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

It's a rainy Thursday, MKF, but I'll take it because they say it should all clear up for the weekend. Ain't that just like a Thursday? Pull all the shitty weather so we can see some sun on our days off? I'd buy Thursday a beer if I could.

Those of you who know me know I don't particularly like - for lack of a better term - Internetspeak. Shit like "lol" or "brb." Mrs. Gorn is not a native English speaker, and I heard her talking outloud while she was typing on her iPhone last night ... "That's so funny, lots of laugh."

"Lots of Laugh" - that's her interpretation of "lol." What makes it interesting is that she knew enough from the context to learn that "laugh" was somehow involved, and just sort of made up the rest.

When I lived in Japan, I somtimes made mistakes like this and nobody corrected me because they thought it was cute. Well, it is cute, but since I'm not an asshole I went ahead and told Mrs. Gorn. Too bad, though ... I kinda like Lots of Laugh better than Laugh Out Loud.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 am 
4. Extra Flamey

For a long time I thought "lol" stood for "lots of love".

Fortunately, I realised my mistake, unlike the person who sent a sympathy text to a friend, 'I'm sorry to hear of the death of your . . .' and signed off "lol".

Happy Thursday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:16 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, it's Thursday, MKF!

Yeah, I used to think WTF was Willow/Tara forever - whoa! Many close calls on that one!!! :blush

I have some accident investigation paperwork to close out; these are the easy ones without serious injury, but it makes me think of both the fragility and the strength of human beings. And I'm amazed that people ever get anything done, can drive without killing each other (most of the time) and I'm grateful for people around me to love and who love me. *sigh*

Happy Thursday, Kittens! :flower

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey, MKF ... I didn't have the heart to come to the Kittenboard earlier about this, but our cat, Dave, died last weekend. We brought our two cats with us from Japan when we moved to the States. Jose died about two years ago, and now Dave is gone. Mrs. Gorn took it particularly hard. She asked me to bury him in the backyard so he'd always be near his home in America, and it was damn near the saddest thing I've ever had to do. He was old, but he had a good life with us. He was a good cat.

Goodbye, Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

It's getting late, MKF, but you know I had to stop by, if only to say hi. What a busy Thursday! Seems I'm always busy these days ... I'm going to be traveling next Thursday (and there's no better day to travel than Thursday), and I'm wondering if I can post using my Blackberry? If so, I may never miss a Thursday again, MKF! Think of all the hours today I could've been celebrating Thursday here in this bestest of best threads instead of all those meetings!

Any Kittens post via their phones? Just curious. MKF says she's curious, too, but she's pretty much curious about everything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Of course, MKF, such an awesome baseball game would be on a Thursday. Anyone else see it? Wow. The Rangers are fixin' to '86 Red Sox/'02 Giants their way to the off-season! What a thoroughly enjoyable debacle.

Thanks Thursday, you're the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:54 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Just got home from a seven-hour drive, MKF. Very tired, going to bed. I did find a Panda Express on the road, which was a welcomed departure from the usual fast-food fare. Not that I don't love fast-food, MKF, but with all this time I've been spending on the road, it's gettin' a little old. Panda Express was awesome.

A weary, but satisfied Thursday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Good to be home, MKF - drove about 200 miles today! Grateful for my bed and my home life.

Ariel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:22 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Happy Thanksgiving, MKF! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and not just because it's always on a Thursday. Mrs. Gorn and I have had a lot of Thanksgivings on our own, and Mrs. Gorn cooks a wonderful turkey, but this year the whole family was together for the first time in a very, very long time over at my parents' house. Dinner was great, Cowboys won (hooray!), and my daughter and my brother's daughter ran all over the place together the whole time. It was a wonderful day. I even got up early for the first time in years to watch the Macy's Parade with my daughter, and she loved it.

I have so much to be thankful for this year, MKF. My new daughter, my new job ... 2011 was good to me. I hope it has been just as good to you all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:03 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

It's only been one week since Thanksgiving, MKF? That can't be right ... I feel like I've crammed at least a month into the last seven days.

Talked to Mrs. Gorn today, and even heard my oldest daughter holler a bit over the phone (she usually clams up when you put a phone near her). Sounds like her family is going nuts over there, and I don't blame them. Mrs. Gorn grew up in a small village with a large extended family, so people are stopping by to see her and the little ones from sun-up to sun-down. She sounds tired, but happy. I suppose I am, too, though I think I'm leaning a little more towards "tired" than "happy."

The best of Thursdays to you all out there. There's a lot of Kittens I don't see anymore; if you stop by now and then or just lurk, MKF says hi!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:02 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Is there another "MKF" thread on the first page, MKF? Fantastic!

I'm really enjoying "the history of the Kitten" ... it's wonderful to see these things coming back, old Kittens returning, new Kittens marveling at the history and tradition that has developed here. This is an extraordinarily special site for so many of us. In the years since Willow & Tara were on tv, I've never seen a couple or even a single character with such heart (for lack of a beter word), and though I don't spend the same time on the Kittenboard as I used to, I have yet to stumble upon another site with such heart as this one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:14 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Since I haven't been to bed yet, this is still technically my Thursday, MKF.

Today has seen an awful lot of work, both at home and at the bar. I really wished that one guy had left earlier, so I could have spent some time just drinking a beer and reading, but alas. I can't fault him for staying. Plus I e-mailed that girl back. You know, the one in another state that I like. I wish she'd visit again. I get nervous thinking about it, and I feel like a spaz talking to her, but I really like her. And I think she kinda likes me. I don't know. We'll see. Don't screw it up!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I miss this place. Somehow I've drifted away from the Kitten ... even the Thursday thread. But I'm here I am, and I'm thinking I'll pop some Buffy DVDs in the computer shortly (they are appallingly dusty... I've been neglecting them). Perhaps I will be redeemed.

My Thursday was all full of little sprouts of hope ... don't care how cheesy that sounds, nothing gets me up and ready for a new season like seeding things and seeing them start to grow. Alliums, herbs, lettuces, flowers.... all get started early, so I'm back in the greenhouse (and back using my dear mother's 2nd bathroom as a germination chamber).

I wish all of you happy crush conversations, 5 minutes of extra sleep in the a.m., fascinating fic reading and whatever bits of hope turn your crank.

Be well, all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:03 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I'm sick, MKF. Nyquil turns my crank right about now.
Seriously, there are times when I'm well that I WISH I was sick just so I could drink Nyquil.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Dammit, MKF. Why do Thursdays always suck?
Is it the part where I feel like I spend the whole day doing nothing? I think that hurts. I mean, I've got meeting, then class, then like an hour and a half that I can't use for anything useful because my lab is across town, and then a lecture I have to go to and then it's the end of the day.

But today my stupid side view mirror decided it hates me (more) and fell down from it's half-assed-taped-into-placeness. While I was going like 70 miles an hour. Which was scary.

At least I had the second half of the Fingersmith DVD to come home to. Oh, and Adam made dinner while I took a shower and washed away some of the day sucking.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:49 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Was it really Thursday today, MKF? Jury duty is not the best way to spend a Thursday ...
We found the guy guilty, so we have to go back tomorrow for sentencing. If I'd known that, I'd have argued twice as hard that he was innocent. Ah, well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

It's Thursday and I'm deep in a house and dog-sitting gig. There is a bloodhound/rottweiler mix sprawled on the chair behind me, snoring loudly. He is a sweet dog. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but sweet. Most importantly neither he nor his owners object to me eating every damn thing in the fridge and freezer and watching hours of meaningless cable tv shows. It's sick, I know, but I watched "Storage Wars" for 4 solid hours the other day. Why? I have no frickin clue. It was on.

On a more productive note... the weather is insane here. It was 70 F today, which is about 30 degrees warmer than I would expect. I seeded into the field weeks and weeks early and it is coming up. Crazy. I'm not complaining, mind you. It's just odd.

Hmmph. My battery does not appreciate Thursday and is fading fast.

Later.

Boschi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I was afraid this thread had fallen off the first page, but the first page is really long!

Today is Good Thursday (not that every Thursday isn't pretty damn good), the Thursday before Good Friday. This is one of my favourite Thursdays of the year, as I always get Good Friday off. It's like enjoying a Thursday and a Friday at the same time.

I found out yesterday I got a substantial raise. Really substantial. Had some dark times last year when I lost my job and my wife's hometown got hit by the tsunami and nuclear meltdown (that's still pretty scary ...), but we've been pretty blessed since then. Yeah, we both worked pretty hard, but there was (at the least) a little luck involved. When I think of all the Good Things in my life on this Good Thursday, "blessed" is probably the right word.

A very Good Thursday to you, MKF!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I'm sick, MKF, pass the tissues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next