The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: It's just Thursday, MKF! 2/5/04
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:05 am 
I have to agree that icy stairs are bad. Although, I did find that the easiest way down them is to luge. I didn't exactly do it on purpose. My back is still killing me and I broke my hand in the process. Two more weeks in a cast. I do feel like a dog sometimes with it and never realized how important thumbs are.

Have a nice day everyone!!

Love to All,

Barb

Now serving Bitter, party of one. Your table is ready.

Post subject: Thursday
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:22 am 
Thursday, for once it is not looking so bad, i got up early made coffee (instead of buying it) had time to give my cat some long overdue attention and iron, yes i had time to iron. that never happens. i usually settle for something, well, not ironed. i bet i will be early for work, well earlier than normal that it, thats the problem with being anal retentive, must never be late.

Sorry to hear about the snow, ice and broken wristes! for my area i had sun. it reminded me of why i dont mind living here despite the rain.

on a unrelated note, i am so bloody sick of hearing about this damn Janet Jackson thing! Get. The. Hell. Over.IT!

Post subject: Re: Thursday
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:27 am 
So far my Thursday has been filled with new music :grin

Diana bought me Norah Jones's new CD and Melissa Etheridge's new one for V-day. :heart I was mellow as all get out up until I stuck in Melissa's CD. Have to say though, Norah is really doin' it to me. There isn't a song I don't love on her latest effort and I'm more than a little peeved at some bitchy little comments left about her on Amazon.com.

No rain or snow here yet...just very overcast and damned cold *shudder* :brr

Time flies by when the Devil drives.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:36 am 
I called in sick, hee. Though the irony is, I am getting sick. I am finally getting my bed now, yay. So that's the reason I am home.

What's on my agenda? Do a short homework and maybe start on a longer one. Read some fic. And this weekend I have a three day weekend, yay. If I get my act together today, no homework for the weekend!! yay

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:00 pm 
Toni, I am totally with you when it comes to the new Nora CD. I read some crap reviews and thought, screw that. I'm glad I didn't listen to those shmucks. Sunrise is such an amazing first cut too. I hit repeat in the car on the way home. Yay for new music!!

Barb, I'm so sorry to hear about the wrist. I'm sending out major healing vibes!

Xita, as far as the matress goes... Enjoy. :whistle

Thursday just pushes me closer to the dreaded birthday party for my 9 and 7 year old. I'll be reminded why I'm not a teacher. *bows to the teachers* Bless you all!

*sets the mood with a little Nora* I'll need that come saturday.

Urn of Osiris
Mary Magdalene was a whore and Jesus dug her because she taught him the most sacred thing a man could ever learn in his lifetime: how to fuck. Stud that he was, Jesus knew to humble himself to this woman." Inga Muscio Cunt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:48 pm 
LPF, you're from Tucson? Have you slept with my ex?

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

~Remember to Breathe by Yellow Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:16 pm 
it's doubtful considering i have yet to sleep with anyone. heh.

thursday... i'm pretty tired and stressed out, this government project is really kicking my ass. the weekend seems too far away.

-----

i'm thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:40 pm 
*sniggers* I was kidding. But she's desparate right now, you'll probably be able to find her at Rocky.

Government projects suck.

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:54 am 
Quote:
Toni, I am totally with you when it comes to the new Nora CD. I read some crap reviews and thought, screw that. I'm glad I didn't listen to those shmucks. Sunrise is such an amazing first cut too. I hit repeat in the car on the way home. Yay for new music!!

Sorry I missed your post, Shar....this weekend has been right mad. Oh I do love Norah...she's been the romantic mood music and the calming factor when I have to make my four hour round trip to work every day. And hey! the Indigo Girls' new CD comes out tomorrow! :applause

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:12 am 
Here it is Thursday again. Sometimes it feels like it's always Thursday.

It's too late/early for much of anything but sleep for normal people. Of course, I'm not normal.

It's supposed to be 65 today. I got some squishy mangos. It will be nice to go sit outside and eat them all over the place. If I can summon the motivation to go out and get some boiled peanuts to share with my mangos, I'll be a pig in shit, and will need a shower when I'm done with it all.

There's an old abandoned steel mill way across town that wants me to go take pictures of it. I tried to go last summer, but it's only accessible across a field that's about half-way up to your knees with kudzu in warm weather. I'm running out of chances to get to it.

I could've sworn I smelled honeysuckle outside tonight and it reminded me, Spring is coming. It's about time. My favorite season. :heart

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

go         donut           go

Post subject: Thursday, yet again
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:49 am 
Well, getting up this morning took a little work. After taking most of yesterday off to have best friend bonding time, i find myself more tired from that than from an actual day of work. (wonder how that works?) Today is going to bite, i can feel it!

Holley sounds like a fun day for you. Take lots of photos to share with me, cause i'll share my newly recovered Fire Fighting Women of Seattle i found...:p

Post subject: Re: Thursday, yet again
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:00 pm 
I can only dream about a day when it will be 65 degrees outside, a day that will certanly come- in maybe two or three months!

On the positive side, I have both Friday and Monday off and I'll be going to see the Von Bondies tomorrow and the Gossip on Monday. Good times.:)

Belated congrats to Xita for the first (by a lot) 10,000 post person here. I'm sure they were all full of timely and pertinent information.;)

"Learning, playing and loving, and combinations thereof,are a good way to spend a lifetime. Admittedly, a difficult regimen, but nonetheless not beyond attainment.

Start with playing." - Alexei Panshin, The Thurb Revolution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:42 pm 
Today is my unofficial birthday. I have to celebrate today as I am in Anatomy and Physiology for most of the day tomorrow and then have to attend Dingo (deaf bingo) a deaf event for my ASL class in the evening. So I've just spent the day being lazy and seeing my baby horse. Thank goodness it has finally stopped raining here.

Have a great day kittens.

So, the day started and I knew my name and had my pants on. So far, so good. Yay.
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:03 pm 
Happy UNofficial Birthday!!!!!!!! *blows noise maker* What a way to spend it.

I'm with the anti-snow brigade. it is now melting and this is the sloppy time of year. It's still tooooo cold to enjoy the weather but warm enough to make everything muddy. That would include my VERY hairy siberian husky. I've changed his name to mudball. We haven't had our spring rain yet. It'll be back to walking the animals in the rain. *shakes head* Why did I say yes to a dog?

On the same dog note. We have been caring for a stray Irish setter. Some people in this house seem to think she is gorgeous *coughTara22cough* but I see another damn dog to walk through that sloppy mud. I suppose I shouldn't bitch too much. We're all alive and healthy.

Toni - My son is now seriously addicted to 'Sunrise' and replays it as we work in the kitchen. I'm starting him young.

I'll give a shout out to my Down under kittens!! Be well all!!

Urn of Osiris
Mary Magdalene was a whore and Jesus dug her because she taught him the most sacred thing a man could ever learn in his lifetime: how to fuck. Stud that he was, Jesus knew to humble himself to this woman." Inga Muscio Cunt

Edited by: Urn of Osiris  at: 2/19/04 3:04 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:29 pm 
Happy Unofficial Birthday Puff!!

I am kind of scared of how time flies and these Thursdays just keep coming. I have a week off from my studies, but ugh, still have to work :cry

Otherwise good week :)

We're getting some rain here urnie, by some miracle. I am enjoying it, but I have no dogs :p

- - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:45 pm 
Hey Puff - it sounds like having an unofficial birthday :pinky on a Thursday is the way to go. And you got to have baby horse time with Muppet. :dance I have to say for me that would surpass Holley's plans to sit outside and eat mangos (which also sounds really appealing - I'd even give the boiled peanuts a try).

Me, I got to spend 11 hours in my store which is below street level on a day that was sunny and relatively warm (50F). Then I came home, got dinner for Darcy and me, and then came upstairs to find that Macbeth :kitty had :puke all over the bed.

The up side ... well, I got some clementines the other day and I ate some for breakfast and tonight, we have clean sheets to sleep in/on. That's about it.

Ciao, Melissa

Do something totally irrational and let the enemy think himself to death. (Pyanfar Chanur)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:13 pm 
It's all because it's Thursday. I never got the hang of Thursdays.

Happy unofficial birthday, Puff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:40 pm 
These Thursdays really do fly by. How odd.

Everything is all melty. I much prefer frozen solid to mud.

Yay, muddy dogs!

________
"...the sharks got smarter."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:42 pm 
Muddy dogs are messy. Especially on clean white carpets.

I like the cold. We've had pretty warm weather recently, and it saps my energy. I like crisp, cool air. Not this mushy melty stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:53 am 
I think a ghost finally moved into my house. Or an invisible burglar who didn't disturb anything and didn't steal anything.

I heard a weird scrambling/falling noise but I can't find anything that's been disturbed or is out of place.

I think I'll sleep with a flashlight tonight. Heh.

________

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:02 pm 
Ghosts are cool. At least, when they don't disturb your sleep and kick your dog and stuff.

Post subject: Thursday, yet again
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:17 am 
WOO HOO! thursday is back and almost the weekend, almost. this week has been very intersing thats for sure. where a work project slotted for 4 days, has suddenly jumped to no less than 2 weeks :buried and the bosses haven't any clue as to why it needs that much time, seeing as i am the only person in the entire company that does this particular job i seem to waste more time explaining why it will take this long as opposed to actually getting it done. :eyebrow so i have stopped answering my work phone. Hee hee

Glad i like to be under pressure girl.

And i get to house sit for a week for a friend, which will allow for much needed personal time. I plan on turning off the phones, computer(gasp), rent cheesy movies and really relax for the 1st time in to long.

life is good. Yeah for Thrusday.

Jenn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:30 am 
I'm glad it's Thursday because that means my weekend starts tonight! (my work schedule is wonky....so I have Fridays and Saturdays off) Happy Thursday All! :pinky :eatme :bounce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:45 am 
Hello Kittens-

Sweet Thursday, the only day I always have off. Now if AB would only get a series on Thursday night.

Jixer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:19 pm 
Today's my girl's birthday! She's seventeen, and she passed her driver's test yesterday... so she can drive...

Better still, I'm not in the doghouse for forgetting to get her a present.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:34 pm 
Yay another Thursday , good cause the weekend is almost here, bad because I am back to my online classes. A week off is not enough :sob

Anyway, Friday tomorrow, I can't help but feel happy!

- - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:06 pm 
okay so maybe it's friday, but I haven't posted in a while and I'm feeling random.

I'm almost done with Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. Does any one read his books, oh dear they're darkly hilarsious. I have to go to a dance performance tonight which will be a lot of fun. I was eating dinner with some friends and they invited me to a little party tonight after I get back. So I'm actually being social...go me!

How is every one's day going?

"Trying to talk about love is like trying to dance about architecture."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:09 am 
It's raining here. damn rain. I don't really mind it but it brings the mud and I loathe the mud. Which, I'm sure I've mentioned. But that's okay.

I have the weirdest headache. I don't usually get them. Maybe I'm dehydrated.

I think my birds have decided that it's fun to scare each other away from me. They both like me fine enough, but not really each other. And the white one actually landed on the green one the other week. She didn't appreciate that at all and was more wary of the white one than usual for a few days. But today the green one swooped by and scared the white one away from my chair and to a perch, so I figure they'll take turns being bossy. Or maybe not. They both ate some toast earlier. Food may be a bonding experience.

Taxes suck and I'm in the mood to try a new brand of beer. Hmm.

I've rambled long enough.

Happy Thursdays.

________

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:11 pm 
Man, today bit. Time to lounge in a nice hot bath, with a nice cold drink, read a nice funny book and pretend most of it never happened.

On a positive note, I saw a Bald Eagle today. Words cannot express how cool that was. :)

Your smile got stuck in my eyes and your mouth makes me forget what i'm saying and your lips make me wonder if your taken, so tell me, are you taken?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:05 pm 
Thursday again! I hate homework! Job is ok but tomorrow is Friday yay even better!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next