The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Too Much Of A Good Thing Monday, MKF! 8/30/04
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:14 pm 
Happy Monday, Kittens!

Ever think you sure do want something real bad and then you get it and you realize you might've been slightly insane to want it?

In the 3rd grade, I wished hard for a broken leg because this one kid had a big ol' cast and got tons of attention and was suddenly everyone's best friend. When I finally did get a broken leg, I changed my mind about how desireable a broken leg is.

Ever think you want lots and lots and lots and lots of something?

Fudge, maybe. You will puke if you eat enough fudge. Maybe you think you'd love tons of money, but I bet you'd find out pretty quick that it's true - mo' money, mo' problems. I speak from experience about the former, but not the latter.

I have too much of a good thing at the moment - Gmail invites. Help me!

Anyone interested in their very own spiffy Gmail account, drop me a line at madtofu at gmail dot com. If you aren't familiar with Gmail, you can read up on it here: gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html

So what have you gotten that was too much of a good thing, Kittens?

Happy week! :heart

i wasn't sniffing your spicy brains

Post subject: Re: It's Too Much Of A Good Thing Monday, MKF! 8/30/04
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:42 am 
BLACK LICORICE!!

When I was a teenager, my dad would bring home black licorice in one pound bags. Well, one time, I ate the entire bag in one sitting....

to this day, I hate black licorice and shudder anytime I even smell it.

too much of a good thing.

skittles

Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:47 am 
My story is pretty similar to Skittles.

When I was three my friend and I ate an entire large bag of cheetoh's while driving to Mexico (it's closer than most states) and an orange soda. That was quite alot of food for my tiny tummy to take especially when it was prone to car sickness. When the car stopped I threw up everywhere (yes I know you all wanted that visual).

I've hated cheetoh's ever since. Oddly though I still love orange soda.

The Master: Some claim that death is our art. I say to them - well, I don't say anything to them because I killed them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:17 pm 
I always wanted to try tequilla slammer, the salt and the lemon lalways ooked like fun. Well 9 shots and some vomit later I can't say that I'll ever try it again. Even the smell makes me nauseous now.

It's a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion. It's moo.
Words of wisdom from 'Friends'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:48 pm 
I used to like a Shot, Buttery Nipple. For those who aren't familiar it's Baily's and Butterscotch Snapps...well I threw my first party in my new apartment. We drank, ate, drank, and well drank some more and well...lets just say I can't even smell Butterscotch now without wanting to gag. Now I try to steer away from shots and stick with the mixed drinks.

She's my girl, she's my everything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:01 pm 
:bounce

ooohhhh....ok so we just got a Chilis resturant a few months ago back when school was still goin on, Ive never been to Chilis before and my mom took me kinda as a surprise cause she knows Im really into the shows Real World and Road Rules. Well Chilis sponsors the real world road rules challenges the have twice a year so my mom figured Id be excited about goin, and I was!! So I orderd this sandwhich called "Chicken ranch bbq sandwhich" it was HUGE and I had to cut it in four pieces...and man, that was the best sandwhich ive ever had! So i go back to school and talked about it constantly like the crazy girl i am! Well ever since then I get cravings for it. I hadnt had it in a month and was goin NUTS!!! We're talkim CRAZY!! So then I go there for my birthday and ordered one and it was like heaven! Now every time I go I order it cause its that good! I really recomend it if anyone goes to chilis!!

:pride

-rose

I didnt know what being happy was till i found you, i didnt know what love meant till i loved you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:45 pm 
I once ate so many cherries that, while I didn't throw up, I did get awful indigestion. I can eat cherries now, but I couldn't for several years.

I also have a gmail invitation available if anyone's interested. Drop me a line at dorkboyblake@gmail.com

It's insulting to the whole gender[sic] of rap.

~Eminem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:30 am 
I loved orange Gatorade. Drank it all the time, till one day I decided I was gonna mix it with vodka for kicks.

It was surprisingly good and you didn't taste the vodka at all, no matter how much was mixed in.

Unfortunately it wasn't as good coming back up. The next day I puked orange for a majority of the day. It was terrible. I haven't been able to drink or smell orange Gatorade without getting the gag since then.

Tibbs

:pride

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:55 pm 
Wow, lot of booze and puke in this thread. :lol I've experienced booze as "too much of a good thing" once and I'm pretty sure I swore I'd never drink again after that experience. Heh. I got over that, though. Moderation is my friend. :grin

Anyway, I have MORE Gmail invites now. :cry It's like every time you get rid of some, you just get more. What's up with that?

Kittens! Want a Gmail account? Please!

Mail me: madtofu at gmail dot com

today i just want someone to entertain me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:24 pm 
I, too, am getting the gift that keeps on coming back to me ... gmail invites.

if you want one, email me at xmasonmars@gmail.com.

As for too much of a "good" thing ... well, this recovering alcoholic/junkie can think of several :whistle ... I can't imagine what those could possible be.

"My pants are reaching a crisis point!" -- MST3K

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:24 am 
Ahh, I knew we had some sort of gmail mention here somehwere. Gmail has apparently decided that it really loves me and seems to have dumped 50 invites on me. So if anyone wants one, please feel free to contact me either at the email linked in my profile or this one:

bytrsuite(at)gmail(dot)com

________
Bender: Y'know, I was God once.
God: Yes I saw. You were doing well until everyone died.

Edited by: BytrSuite at: 2/3/05 2:25 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:21 pm 
Oh, Lord have mercy!

Kathy, I was just about to post and make fun of you for resurrecting this old thread. I was going to accuse you of being a drama queen and a post count whore and maybe a few other things. ;)

Then I checked my own Gmail and the isnoop.net Gmail invite spooler and I bet every single Gmail account has gotten fifty invites to give away. The spooler usually has zero invites available, maybe two or three if you're lucky. As of this writing, it has 25,186 available. I've been using it to get rid of invites as they've come along, which has been usually about 4 at a time. Not fifty! That's crazy.

So I've got a hell of a lot of invites, too, if anyone wants some. Mail me at maudmac or madtofu at gmail dot com. You can also see the Gmail invite spooler at isnoop.net to get or give away invites.

Hope everyone is having a happy week and will have a great weekend!

don't make me come up there - satan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:08 am 
Gmail has ceased to be an elitist thing.

Would it be post-whorish for me to start a Gmail thread?

I got bitten by a drunk lesbian! Does that mean I'll turn into one?

~my friend Mary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:31 pm 
I as well have gmail invites to get rid of, um, I mean give away.

scrappy1 at gmail dot com.

Green peppers, to much on a pizza one time. I can't eat them any longer, which is too bad considering I loved them. I have never understood cooking them prior to putting them on a pizza then baking them. Who likes mushy green peppers?

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
The good news is that today I am seeing the premiere of "Dust-Up" in Boston! Amber will be there !
Bad news is I have no baby sitter, so I have one ticket to spare..
Or a volunteer babysitter. :)

http://feitheatres.com/somerville-theat ... er-benson/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
drlloyd11 wrote:
The good news is that today I am seeing the premiere of "Dust-Up" in Boston! Amber will be there !
Bad news is I have no baby sitter, so I have one ticket to spare..
Or a volunteer babysitter. :)

If I could be on a plane, I would be

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow