The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: more pets
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:21 am 
Hi Y'all,
I just noticed this topic and have been reading through and must say that they are some fine looking cats out there.I had three but I am now down to two.I lost my much beloved seal point Siamese ,Cleo ,to cancer on the 4th of this month just 10 days short of her 15th birthday.She was the finest cat that I ever have been owned by.She took extremely good care of me through out the years,I was quite lucky to have known her.I am now left in the care of Isis,my tortoise shell colored short hair and her brother Holstein,a big white cat with black markings,like the cow.I took in a stray cat 5 years ago and she presented me with 3 kittens 3 weeks later.I kept 2 and sent the stray and 1 kitten to my aunt's house where I can see them regularly.Holstein is a very large cat,about 25 lbs,he is very handsome and sweet but kind of clumsy.He has slipped and fallen in to the toilet many times trying to get a drink,there is always a bowl of fresh water available but he's a toilet lapper.His sister Isis is more sensible she drinks from the dish.Isis is also a pretty fair mouser whereas Steen couldn't catch a cold.Isis does share her catch with her brother when she is done with it he picks it up and carries it around proudly as though he caught it.Well Isis is wallowing on the key board making continuing a real trail I better she what she wants
Be well,Karen

Post subject: Re: aww kitties
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:18 pm 
Ohh… What cute, adorable cats, BBOvenGuy and Jennpurr! Blackie is gorgeous. Also, bla bla bla those kittens look really sweet. I had a cat a few years ago named Mickey who looked very similar to Sparky.

At the moment I have several outdoor cats. Among these Kiki is my favorite. I also have several other cats: Whiskers, B.C. (don’t ask), Oscar, Possum, Butchie, Sphinxy, Smokey, and Cheeto. And I lost Patches a few months ago.

I really need to take some photos of my cats to put up here. Oh, and Jennpurr, I would love to see pictures of your dogs.

"Some men see things as they are and say,'why?' I dream things that never were and say, 'why not?'"

- Robert F. JFK

Post subject: Re: more pets
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:42 pm 
I kinda have a kitten its really my bothers but it Lives with me it sleeps with me and well refuses to leave with him

:kitty add grey stripes and shrink it and you have lil tom

She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that's best of dark and bright. Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

~ by Byron ~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:14 pm 
Krazy Dreamer,

Awww... thank you, sweetie. I appreciate your words. :kiss

And because you asked so nicely, here are my dogs.

My Princess

Cookie

Cookie2

Angel showing off her tummy

There you go.

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Got to sing. Got to dance. Got to suck face with Alyson Hannigan." - Amber Benson (Toronto Trek)

Dory: Look, here's something! *points to a door that has the word, 'escape,' on it* Es-cop-ay! I wonder what that means... it's funny. It's spelled just like the word escape. ~ "Finding Nemo"

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/8/04 8:07 am

Post subject: Sad news
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:05 pm 
I had to have my cat Eugenie put to sleep last night. :( She was the 16-1/2 year old who suffered from a kidney condition. Surprisingly, her kidneys had been working better than they had in a year, but suddenly other things started to go wrong and I knew it was time to throw in the towel.

I've decided I'm going to keep Ikegami as an only cat for however much longer she's going to be with me. At 15-1/2 and with her heart condition, she doesn't need the stress of adjusting to a new companion.

I always feel like a long full life deserves to be celebrated rather than mourned, but just the same I will miss my kitty. :

"The stories we tell - that's us explaining how we think the world works. Once we speak it, once we say it aloud, that makes it real for us - and real for everyone else who hears it too. When we tell a story, we invite people to visit our reality. We invite them to move in. Our stories are the reality we live in." - David Gerrold, The Martian Child

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/8/04 8:19 am

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:29 pm 
Hi,
I don't hang out at the Kitten very often but I saw where you lost your little one and I wanted to express my regret.It's heartbreaking to lose a companion especially when they have been a part of your life for so long.My cat Cleo died in my arms on the 4th of this month even though I was blessed with her company for almost 15 years it still wasn't long enough.Cherish your remaining cat I know that I do.I am very sorry.
Take care,Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:54 pm 
Quote:
Krazy Dreamer,

Awww... thank you, sweetie. I appreciate your words. :kiss

Yay! I got a kiss from Jennpurr! Hehehe. Ok so anyway, you’re very welcome. You have some great looking dogs as well. Really cute! I guess you can tell that I’m a big-time animal lover.

Sorry to hear about your cat Eugenie, BBOvenGuy. It’s always hard to lose a beloved pet.

"Some men see things as they are and say,'why?' I dream things that never were and say, 'why not?'"

- Robert F. JFK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:36 pm 
Bob and karen, I am sorry :( I think that is why I don't have pets, my heart broke too many times as a kid.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

Edited by: xita  at: 2/26/04 6:32 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:18 am 
Hello Kittens-

Sorry to hear about your cat, Bob. I have to think that she had a good life with you. I think you're right about letting a senior cat be the only cat, especially with a tricky heart.

Be well,

Jixer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:22 am 
Bob and Karen, very sorry to hear about your kitties.

My kitties are both 11 years old now and I'm starting to think about a time when they'll be gone.

Fifteen years of life in a good, loving home...Eugenie and Cleo were lucky kitties indeed.

I have no professional training. I already gave my best. I have no regrets at all.

Post subject: Pictures of my cats
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:39 pm 
Ok, I finally got around to taking some photos of my cats. And just in time too as I lost my little kitten, Cheeto, last week. So anyway, here are pictures of some of my cats. Maybe if I’m able to get around to it, I’ll be able to add Smokey and Whiskers soon.

Kiki

Oscar

Butchie

Panther

Possum

And last but not least, in memory of my kitten 2003 - 2004:

Cheeto

- Robert F. JFK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:56 pm 
BBOvenGuy

your kittie reminds me of Mr.Piddles from the L word <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

she had eyes bright enough to burn me --conor oberst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:11 pm 
Wow lots of kitties! :( I'm sorry to hear about you loosing your kitten Krazy.

Warning: my animals are like my children, this is going to be a long post. :lmao you can skip it though.

I only have one cat right now. But he's more than enough cat for me, lol, this little dude is totally crazy. He's always running around like a crazy :pinky in an expensive china store.

Here he is though. filebox.vt.edu/users/mhechler/Scooter.JPG

I also have a small zoo of other critters, and though I posted some of them in the digital photography thread, I think I should also post their pics here. :-)

Okie, in a random order:

Orion my one year old ball python, he's a cutie. He'll get to be about 4.5ft or so long eventually, but that'll take a few ears, right now he's about 2ft. He's a real cutie, and fairly tolerant of being handled.

I also have a female ball python of unknown age, and wild caught. She's not in good shape so I haven't disturbed her for a pic cause I don't want to stress her more than I have to. :( If anyone is thinking of getting one of these pretty snakes, I can't stress enough not to get a wild caught, you'll just end up with lots of greef. She hasn't eaten since I got her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she never did. *sigh*

Onto a happier reptilian subject, I also have 3 crested geckos (Because my wonderfully sweet girlfriend got them for me :-)), now mine are just babies, so that means they're about 3" long and it is far beyond my camera skills to take their pictures. So... I'll borrow this pic from http://www.crestedgecko.com, and point out that you can get cresties from them at This location. They're really awesome reptiles, and very good for someone who hasn't kept any before. They have also have a good Caresheet.

Alright: Time for a couple more mammals. lol.

filebox.vt.edu/users/mhechler/Ratties.JPG These are my two girl rats. lol. They're seriously one of the nicest animals I've ever shared a house with. They require no training to be very friendly to any person they meet. They're the best. Their names are Pandora and Midori. Well technically they're my girlfriend's rats, but you know, I feed them sometimes too.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, is Fangorn, the quaker parrot.

He's definitely the one I'm emotionally closest to, and so's Emily. Seriously, if any of you out there are considering a :baby , I suggest that you try taking care of a quaker parrot or similarly-sized (they're illegal in some states!) parrot first. They're a similar work load as they learn to talk eventually, but first you have to feed them constantly and they poop everywhere. The difference being that even after they learn to talk they still poop everywhere, though they can actually be trained to not poop on _you_ with a degree of patience.

Well thas it. I'd try to get a picture of my girlfriend to put up here, but she's more elusive than those cresties. :shy

Thanks for looking if you made it this far! (it was longer than a lot of fanfics!) :peace

~Melissa

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/8/04 8:14 am

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:57 am 
Okay, dunno if I posted these before, but here's my cat, his name is Bichou, he's almost 4 years old. He's a half siamese, blue eyes, short tail. He's a mni-cat, which basically means he doesn't grow much, he's tiny. :lol

Well, shutting up now, and here are pics:

perso.wanadoo.fr/washi/blah/bichou1.jpg

perso.wanadoo.fr/washi/blah/bichou2.jpg

perso.wanadoo.fr/washi/blah/bichou3.jpg

BTW, in the third pic, that's not my leg, but my brother's. :lol

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/8/04 8:12 am

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:16 am 
Great pics everyone.

But since a lot of people are on dial-up, I'll ask that you post links instead of the pics themselves.

Thanks

Firefox: One Browser To Rule Them All.

Post subject: Re: Wondering if the Kittens have cats :)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:26 pm 
Hello Kittens-

An article on Yahoo reports a 9500 year old tomb was discovered with what appears to be a buried pet cat (no signs of butchering and laid out carefully parelleling the human) with a human. This pushes back cat ownership of humans even further into our past. :)

They're probably disappointed it took us so long to invent the refrigerator.

Jixer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:04 pm 
:bigwave hey all....this is late ha....i have 5 cats! I got a new one last nite. I wanted to name it miss kitty fantastico but its a boy cat and i thought mr kitty fantastico wouldnt sound right...but yeah, all my cats are either old or kinda young, and i love me kitties!

:pride

-Rose

Please dont let my name fool you, I really am a lesbian! willowntara247@yahoo.com (my email addy!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:38 pm 
Here are pictures of two more of my cats.

Whiskers

Smokey

And here’s a better photo of Possum.

Quote:
:( I'm sorry to hear about you loosing your kitten Krazy.”

Thank you Melissa. He was a great little kitten, and I miss him a lot.

By the way, you have some great looking pets. I babysat for a parrot over the Easter weekend, and you’re right, they are a lot of work and require tons of attention. Panchita, the parrot I was taking care of cries, “Mom” over and over again until you pay attention to her. She was a lot of fun, though, and I taught her how to meow like a cat. It’s really hilarious to hear cat sounds coming from a bird.

- Robert F. JFK

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:07 pm 
Awwww...I'm so sorry about the loss of your kitty Bob. :(

I currently have three boys, merlyn, Salem and Loki, and I dunno what I'd do without them. Merlyn was saved from the clutches of an evil owner who let his mother freeze to death outside when he was only three weeks old so I actually STOLD him from them,he was the last kitten left shhhh...don't tell!), Salem from a wicked pet store at six weeks old, and Loki from a snow bank when he was about a month old. Merlyn is 7, and is currently having many health problems. He has irritable bowel very badly, and today all he's done is throw up, so I've had to syringe feed him water until I can get him to the vet on Monday. I'm at a loss, he's so young, but he's so damn sick.

I dunno what I would do without the boys, kitty's are a blessing for sure! Best friends! So happy to hear that so many Kittens have kitty's. Hail to Miss Kitty fantastico!

Arwen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:00 pm 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

Topics: 3
Yes I have a cat she is my familiar quite literally and her name is Lilly. The name is important because it came to me in a dream. She is half Burmese and half moggie and I love her to bits. :) She turned 2 this year awww she's growing up so fast lol :D xxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

I have two cats...thought they were brother and sister when I got them but then both decided to have kittens within 2 days of each other so I guess they're sisters :P They are called Ash and Shadow. Shadow is completely grey and Ash is mostly grey with white feet, belly, chin and nose.
Quite honestly, I think they are the best company in the world...apart from the occasional dead birds that appear from time to time :S

:kitty :peace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:26 pm 
8. Vixen

This is Loki:

Never miss the opportunity to show the world my cat! :P :laugh

Stace xXx

Between the seasons we find room to breathe out... -I'll Go Until My Heart Stops

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7