The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favourite Items you own or that are significant to you
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 am 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

Topics: 3
We all have those fave things of ours that make us happy, our fave clothes our fave items in our house, fave pets or those beloved items that we just cant get rid off I am curious about the significance of these items and what they are and what they mean to you.

Mine would have to be:
My Buffy collectables including pieceworks cards, a Mr Gordo Replica and autographs
My supernatural jared Padalecki clothing cards ( gifts from my sister Lisa)
My cat- she should go at the top really shes my protector and healer :)
My crystals- being Pagan they are important to me
Pictures of my family

what are yours and why? :)

Post subject: Re: Favourite Items you own or that are significant to you
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:34 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
My W/T stuff, though it's getting a little ridiculous at this stage.

Letters, cards, etc.

A beanie baby I got when I was 10 called Tables.

We moved around a lot when I was a kid so I don't have much that hasn't been accumulated in the past few years. Does my phone count? I love my phone.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 pm 
25. Cured Boy-wanter

Laragh wrote:
My W/T stuff, though it's getting a little ridiculous at this stage.

Letters, cards, etc.

A beanie baby I got when I was 10 called Tables.

We moved around a lot when I was a kid so I don't have much that hasn't been accumulated in the past few years. Does my phone count? I love my phone.

Lovely items Laragh :)
I would say letters and cards too :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I try not to get too attached to a lot of things or else I end up accumulating a lot, but I have few things I don't think I will ever be able to part with:

1. My hats. I have a variety of hats for just about every occasion since I tend to feel naked without a hat on my head.
2. Prayer beads. I own three rosaries, a set of jade Buddhist prayer beads, and a set of Islamic prayer beads. They are all from my personal travels or gifts from other people.
3. Garfield blanket. I have owned this large Garfield blanket since I can remember and I have always kept in on my bed.
4. My very first trowel. It is pretty dull because of the use I have gotten out of it, but it was the first trowel I ever bought and is symbolic of the start of my archaeology career. I can't seem to part with it even though I should probably buy a new one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:22 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

SRMarx wrote:
1. My hats. I have a variety of hats for just about every occasion since I tend to feel naked without a hat on my head.

Adding this to my list. I developed an OCD-related problem where I literally *couldn't* not wear a hat when I was a teenager, but I got through that and still love to wear a hat once a week or so (or if I'm having a bad day!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:25 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
-My sister Lydia's baby shoes and tiny stuffed dog (she passed away at 2).
-Photographs...lots and lots of photographs. From ones I've taken to old family pics dating back to the early 1900's.
-My grandmother's art work.
-Anything my wife has given me over the years.
-Stuff from my childhood: my baby book, stuffed animals, notes, cards, letters, HS yearbooks, HS scrapbook, etc.
-My daughters baby book and box, random school work, her Dr. Seuss books, a few toys and so on.
-My collectibles: Baseball cards, Buffy stuff, autographed items, etc
-HATS! I have a bunch, but my favorites are baseball style & sports related: My Red Sox cap, that I got at Fenway, and my Durham Bulls cap from their ball park are probably my favorites.

On a HAT side note...when I was 9 my friends' mom told me I was going to go bald if I didn't stop wearing hats all the time. So to her I say, F U! STILL wearing hats and STILL not bald!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Discovery of the day: Kittens like hats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:15 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
I have a blue hand-made ceramic mug w/ vaguely Japanese looking symbols on it. It's wide bottomed with a lovely ornamented ceramic handle PERFECTLY designed for thumb and hand. My friend owned it and gave it to me off the cuff - another reason I love it, because she's a great friend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 9
I have a long list...

1) My first trucker hat. I got it at a color run when I was eleven. I seriously couldn't not wear that effin' thing.
2) My favorite stuffed puppy named "Cutie Pie." I was an interesting child...
3) My Minecraft costume. It looked nice, but it was made of cardboard boxes. I don't know why I still keep that thing, but I can't toss it out, you know?
4) All of my books. My mom says I should just get them all on iTunes, but I just... can't. I love those darn books.
5) All the pictures of my family nobody likes. The blurry ones or the ones in a crappy frame. I can't bring myself to take them down.
6) And finally, my rock and seashell collection. Been collecting those since I was four. Not gonna stop now!

I have a fish named Drusilla. He doesn't know, he thinks his name is Drew. Shhhh...

Spike: Are we feeling better, then?
Drusilla: I'm naming all the stars.
Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also it's day.
Drusilla: I can see them. But I've named them all the same name, and there's terrible confusion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:14 pm 
28. Com...plete

I'm a pack rat and I have a LOT of sentimental items. Off the top of my head:

1. Sheepy Pillow, my sheep-shaped pillow. There were my favourite stuffed animal as a kid, and I used to cry myself to sleep on them a lot. Even now when I get sad I often find myself cuddling with them, and it's oddly comforting.
2. Teddy Lee Morgan, my teddy bear. He was a gift from my first real girlfriend, and I've always been overly attached to him. The fact that he has a "tattoo" of Amber Benson's signature just sweetens the deal.
3. All my autographed photos from Cons
4. Various wooden things my Pappy made; I think (hope) I still have the mini-piano somewhere, which was always my favourite, and I have a pink high heeled shoe (so not my style, but it was the last thing he made me before he died) and an angel
5. The Triangle Tara doll I won
6. All the Buffy stuff from my very first Con, especially my OMWF Tara statue, mostly for the reminder that a few good things came out of the *awful* months I lived in Kentucky
7. My Doctor Who books (including 3 actors' autobiographies), especially the one my ex gave me
8. My absurdly many journals from the last decade
9. My first-edition copy of The Age Of Innocence, partly because it's the nicest book I've ever owned, partly because it's my favourite non-fantasy book, and partly because it was a present I bought for myself which is something I almost never do
10. My nice copy of Rebecca, partly because it's nice and that story holds a special place in my heart and partly because I bought it one of the very few times my ex and I were together in person so it's sort of a happy memory
11. Photos from when I was a kid
12. My 4th Doctor and Romana scarves that I made
13. My tweed jacket
14. My way-too-small-for-me, bent-out-of-shape, not-actually-Stetson-brand Stetson that is the only thing I own that belonged to the grandmother I never met
15. The ring I wear 24/7, one of three made from the gold of my grandparents' wedding bands after my Pappy died. It's sort of an odd thing to be sentimental about since their marriage was horribly unhappy, but I like having a piece of my grandfather with me.
16. The basket ball shorts I've had since I was about 12, when my older brother grew out of them. They are my absolute favourite clothing item in the world.
17. The framed stitching my aunt made me of a poem I wrote
18. The copy of Amazing Grace that my dad printed off for me when I was 10, for the memories of memorizing all 14 verses and singing it with my then-best friends
19. A hoard of cards and postcards from the last 16+ years

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:15 am 
3. Flaming O

My favorite items?

- My butterfly necklace that my girlfriend got me - I wear it every day.
- The music/fan videos I've made - I'd always wanted to be able to make a fan video like those I loved and spent hours watching. I've always wanted to make movies and films, and 9 months ago I decided that I was going to do it, and I did...
- My complete Buffy box set that my dad got me spontaneously one day - he always supported my fandom and geekness - I miss that
- The Buffy £20 note and the video camera my mum got me - sometimes she supported me too
- All the letters and cards that my granny has sent me, and will send me - she's always been a constant
- My Tiger teddy that I got as a guilt present - ironic that he was so much comfort over the years

It's a bit upsetting to me that I don't have much more, and some of the things I do have, have negative associations
You all have amazing stuff from your childhoods and events, I haven't done much of note

I hope to have more this time next year - I just need someone to kick my ass in to stop being so afraid of doing what I want!

YouTube channel 'T-Sixteen NRG' for my fanvids
www.youtube.com/channel/UCXvNuQHd2HA0BaaVMBIIMfQ
(okay so there's only a few right now but I'm 'new' to it so watch this space!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:44 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
So many things were lost in a flood back in the early 90s but..
Three handwritten letters from my Father..the only he ever wrote..misspellings and all.
A blue 20 sided die form Junior High given by a far cooler kid to me.
A comic drawn by an old friend with me as a character Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:15 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Doctor Lloyd - very cool artwork - wish I could draw!

Here's my list:
-My Teddy Bear which I've had since I was three, that old bear soaked up plenty of tears and slept in the crook of my arm for longer than I'm willing to admit - still love him.
-A copy of Peter Pan, illustrated by Majorie Torrey, beautiful enchanting drawings and more books than I care to say! About six bookshelves in my house (at last count!)
-A cup given to me by my best friend, pianist, composer and musician supreme, Ellen Hoffman
-2 cups from England, a gift from Wayland, still love your writing!
-Pictures of my son and family
-My computer - it's almost like air, take it for granted, almost didn't mention it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
My car. Seriously. I know it sounds dumb, but I literally love my car. Also, I named her Dark Willow, because she is BAD. ASS.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are