The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pencil Drawing - Tara
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:53 pm 
Hello ,

I don't know if this really qualifies for a thread, so if it isn't - could a mod please repost it where it's appropriate? thanks...

This is a pencil drawing I did on April 1st.

The 313x480 version – Tara'le

And in case the link's broken, here's the address you can copy 'n paste in the address bar - http://dp1web4.dotphoto.com/ShowS8.asp? ... 37D97C.jpg

The annoying thing is, I scanned it realy high quality, but the blasted host site (dotphoto.com) only holds tiny pictures! Has anyone else had that problem? What hosting sites do you guys use? You see, this is where being a computer nerd would come in handy. Heck, simply having a brain would be nice.

It was inspired by those wonderful Sidestep Chronicle sketches by KyanWing. So go see her work too! It's simply amazing.

**** edited to add the originally 1508x2316 sized file, that Xita was kind enough to host for me. Thanks!

Willow: "I'd just like to float something bigger than a pencil some day." …Prophetic much?

Edited by: Mrs Vertigo at: 4/6/03 10:41:54 pm

Post subject: Re: Pencil Drawing - Tara
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:37 pm 
Oh Everyone can post their own thread if they have personal WT/AA creative goodies to share. Your drawing is fantastic! You have some serious drawing talent and why have you been hiding it? If you have any more WT or AA goodies to share then please do so. The link works fine if I drag and drop it, just clicking won't work. I can't answer your technical question, but I hope someone else will. I would like to see this drawing larger, but it looks wonderful as it is. Thank you. :)

-------------------------

Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:21 pm 
That drawing is excellent! The full lips, the flowing hair, the cute nose, the blue eyes, the little grin - you got it all.

We need more! See - this is the bad thing. You give us one great drawing and we become very demanding. :D

If you have more, please post. You have a great deal of talent. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:38 pm 
Fab drawing of Tara, I think it's the nose and her eyes that you got just perfect. Loved the bit of blue eye colour - and yes demanding we can be.

Get drawing ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:58 pm 
Oh fabulous! I'd love to see the original, which I would gladly host for you if you emailed it :) Lots of hosting places are cheap. You can get something for a very small amount of money a month.

Back to the drawing, it's very rich. Lovely contours and the slight blue color of her eyes, gives this drawing a great look. Thanks !

-----------------------------------

Only 50 cents

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:45 pm 
Oh, thank you guys!! Actually, I was thinking about doing a couple more WT anyway... this is the second time I've ever tried to draw Tara. The first time around was dreadfull. I showed it to me mom - the painter... Big mistake. Big. Mistake. She was like, "Very nice... but you've got too much shading, Tara's lips aren't that fat, Willow's [she's in that pic] practically unrecognizible. You need to resketch both their chins... Who taught you to draw eyes like that? Humm.... but you did get her breasts quite nicely." Now that's a challange if I ever heard one.

And Xita, that's so kind of you to offer, thanks . That would be so great of you.

Willow: "I'd just like to float something bigger than a pencil some day." …Prophetic much?

Edited by: Mrs Vertigo at: 4/6/03 9:59:16 pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:59 am 
Great drawing :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:26 am 
What a gorgeous drawing. Thanks for sharing that. :)

I had been hungry, all the Years- My Noon had come- to dine-

I trembling drew the Table near- and touched the Curious Wine-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:47 am 
ooh, I like. I really like the eyes.

:peace Pax! -Bev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:16 am 
Now you have made me very curious to see your first Tara drawing. Do you still have it, and if so are you willing to share it? It would be interesting to see how much you have progressed in the space of only one drawing. Have you shown her this one as well? Surely she couldn't do less than praise it, if not well, heh, mothers aren't always right, even if they are painters (mine is one as well btw).

Edited by: DrG at: 4/7/03 2:01:27 pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:27 am 
Wow, what a great drawing. You've managed to put a really great amount of expression and character into her face. I love the cheekbones and shape, including the contours of her features. Wonderful stuff. Thanks so much for posting it. :)

You're twisting my melons man,
you know you talk so hip man you're twisting my melons man.
Call the cops!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:57 am 
Wow Mrs V, thats really great. I love the flare of colour for the eyes... really makes them stand out without being out of place.

And yeah... I find Kyan inspiring too.

Katharyn

If I want a little pussy, I got my own to play with.
Chance in Chance.

------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:12 pm 
That was great :grin

Such a cool drawing, I must agree, you have talent :)

Thanks for sharing :lol

:peace -Viv-

Medicine, law, banking – these are necessary to sustain life. But poetry, romance. love, beauty? These are what we stay alive for!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:16 pm 
Hello Kittens-

I wanna see the picture too but I just get the silly logo:sob

I'm using a Mac with Explorer (Exploder) 5.2 Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jixer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:40 pm 
WOW! I love how you did the eye brows, such a beautiful arc. And the lips are perfect full Tara lips. You've captured that happy-shy-curious way Tara looks up right on. Especially the blue eyes and darker shading of the lips and eye brows are a nice touch. Great job, Mrs Vertigo! I love to see more of your work soon :-)

And you're inspiring me in return to try and use some colour in my sketches too :-) This is so cool! Thank you very much for sharing :-D

- Kyan -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:40 pm 
Hello Kittens-

I went to Xita's site and saw the big one there.

Wow. I want more. Mrs Vertigo it is just amazing. Thank you for this work and thanks to Xita for hosting it.

Jixer

Post subject: Wow ...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:17 am 
Hellow there ...

:thud all i can say is ... WHOA ... never seen something beautiful like that ... u did a good job!!:peace

Jesse:blush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:31 am 
Mrs Vertigo, this is absolutely gorgeous. Really. My favorite part is her beautiful full lips - you captured them perfectly! And you got her cheekbones just right too. Oh heck, the entire drawing is a work of art. I love it. You have a wonderful talent! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

"You're right. [Spike's] evil. ... But you should see him naked. I mean, really!"
~ The Mutant Enemy manifesto, explained by the Buffybot
|-- Pipsqueak's Music Videos --|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:44 am 
Thank you kittens !!

DrG, here's the first drawing (and the address is : http://dp1web6.dotphoto.com/ShowS8.asp? ... 368583.jpg ). Tara is practically unrecognizable and all. And what do you mean "mothers aren't always right"? Sinner! Words of the devil you do speak! hehe.

KyanWing, thank you… You this is all your fault, you know. I simply *adored* your VampWillow "snarl" drawing. I just had to go shake the dust of my sketchbook. About the blue eyes, I don't know, it just came to me. I just couldn't think how I could emphasize her eyes enough without color.

Here's another drawing. In case the link doens't work:

http://dp1web10.dotphoto.com/ShowS8.asp ... 17C6D6.jpg

It's not as good as the first one, though. I'm afraid I've got the same problem – great scan, crappy hosting space.

*****Edited to add the big-ass version (http://xita.org/board/kitties/eep.jpg), courtsy of Xita. Thank you Xita!!

All your base are belong to us.

Edited by: Mrs Vertigo at: 4/11/03 8:30:52 am

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:18 am 
Oh my goodness! That last one is so entirely adorable!!! And the first one of Tara........ Watch what you post or we will have you mass producing in a sweatshop somewhere...

~chums

~~~

eutuxestaton pheusma: lantanomai. (stupid lack of greek support on ezboard...)

Tara: I said "quirky."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:43 pm 
Hi Mrs Vertigo :-)

I gladly take all the blame :-))) You're very talented and you shouldn't let your sketchbook get dusty again!

So you think it's not as good as the first one. Was this your first try on this drawing? If so, then I think it's a great effort. You are very good at capturing the mood of the original picture which is not easy at all. And it's also a good start. A drawing doesn't have to be an exact likeness to be good (I think it should be the special touches and the little 'quirks' that puts magic to a sketch, but that's me ;-). An exact likeness could turn out very dull. If you're not happy with it (you are likely your worst critic): keep on polishing ;-)

Hope to see more and more of your drawings soon :-)

- Kyan -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:17 am 
:thud Wow! Your drawings are amazing...

The only thing is, now I want to see more!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:10 pm 
Well I am only like 3 months too late with my reply.:blush Mrs Vertigo, the links you posted to the first pic and the other drawing aren't working. :( Any chance you could repost them on another site. I would still love to see them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:13 pm 
AAARGGHH i was only able to open the first pic.

I really wanted to see the other ones too since i liked the first pic a lot!!! Great work.

Renate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:25 am 
As I offered in the Show Me Yours - pictures that is! thread...

if anybody has something they'd like to share with the board but doesn't have a place to host it, I have a server with unlimited space, so go ahead and send it on over to me...and I'd be happy to toss it up on my server and host it for you! :)

-annie :)

------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you try to hold on to what you'll never get a hold of? You wouldn't try to put the ocean in a paper cup."

~Ani Difranco, 'Hour Follows Hour'