The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pipsqueak's Videos
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:14 pm 
I've just spent 4hrs downloading the hi-quality version...& it was worth every second. :)

Everytime I watch it I cry, & your 'Reasons Why' video too. They're beautiful

--------------------------

"Everytime I... even at my worst, you always make me feel special. How do you do that?"

"Magic!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:56 am 
Oh I just watched the high quality version, and that does not even begin to describe it. This was truly amazing, really well done. I must confess to this not being a song I would listen to otherwise but the lines fit them to perfection and the way you have put these scenes together is nothing short from perfect. They flow into one another so seamlessly, I loved the slight slow motion, makes these fantastic moments last longer. This is Willow and Tara. Beautiful. In love. Forever.

Thank you :)

I really look forward to anything else you will make, this was awesome.

---------------------------

Tara: "uh Willow?"

Willow: "No dancing naked, huh?...It just won't be the same."

Tara: "That's all right, we can save it for later"
----From Wilderness, the newest WT comic written by Amber Benson and Christopher Golden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:58 pm 
Again, thanks for the comments, everyone! :) It really means a lot to me to know that you guys are enjoying my video.

Just wanted to give you an update: I have a brand-spanking new web site, www.pipsqueaky.com . Both versions of the video are available there, as well as at the old site, so just use which ever one works best for you. The new site also contains lyrics for each vid and the high-quality version of "Reasons Why." If you have any problems downloading, let me know, since I haven't had a chance to fully test the new page yet. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

edited cause I'm a goof

---------------

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

NEW SITE! GO LOOK! http://www.pipsqueaky.com

Edited by: Pipsqueak at: 7/23/02 1:00:25 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:24 pm 
I just watched the high-quality version and it was amazing, the slow-mo was just perfect, truly a great video that does justice to that once in a lifetime love that W/T have :love

Hope you do more Pipsqueak.

The Bell Tolls For Thee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:09 pm 
Ok I'm not generally one to cry at music video's but wow this one left me wiping away more than one tear. It was a beautiful portrayal of their love and incredibly well done. Thank you ever so much for sharing this with us all :)

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:29 am 
I just watched your other video reasons why. Yes it is sad, but it's still great. I wanted to comment on 2 scenes, one where you interpose Willow and Tara sad faced , looking down.. very effective. The other one is where you have mr. maclay , and the way you have him there it just leaves that impact and you know why what Willow did was so bad. Very good.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oooh Xita!" - Amber Benson

Post subject: New Video!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:31 am 
The "happy Tara" video is FINALLY done! See first post for the link. And as always, feedback is welcome. :)

~~~~~~~~

"We're just ... stupid." -- Buffy, on Season 6

Check out my Buffy videos at http://www.pipsqueaky.com

Post subject: New Video!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:01 am 
Pipsqueak...Happy Girl is awsome...I LOVE it. :love You're awsome! I can't wait for some more of your videos. :grin

Much Love,

Lisa

~~~

Must I dream and Always see your face.~ Jeff Buckley "Last goodbye"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recomended Reading: IttyBittyKitty's fic...
"7th Hellvan"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post subject: Happy Girl
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:39 am 
Ah Pipsqueak, Happy Girl is lovely! So many beautiful Tara moments. You've done her justice with this. And I loved how you matched up the "crying" lyrics and then turned it all around to have that beautiful smiling image from Family. Thanks so much. I really enjoyed this. :)

----------
The mature solution is to spend
your whole life telling stupid,
pointless jokes so no one will notice
you're just a scared, insecure little
boy! ~ Xander...or Joss...?

Post subject: Re: Happy Girl
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:57 am 
oh my god, your new video is absolutely awesome!! :clap :D

Full of so many wonderful Tara moments. :love

Your videos always make me smile all the time while i'm watching them. Thanx for sharing!!! :)

Tara:"Maybe we dreamed it."

Willow:"Right. Right. Wrong! (points at her head ) Different Brains." Tara:"Oh yeah."

Can we just skip it? Can...can you just be kissing me now?

Edited by: snuggle79 at: 8/16/02 8:58:55 am

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:08 am 
oh man, Tara is so beautiful and happy. I loved that you not only got every single happy face, but also some of her more interesting expressions. God that's just the ultimate Tara video.. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Childie -"Not all girls are raving bloody lesbians, you know!"

George - "That's a misfortune of which I am perfectly well aware."

The Killing of Sister George

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:23 pm 
OK, I loved this video. Such a wonderful job of capturing so many sweet and wonderful moments with Tara. It's been a while since I've been able to really smile about thinking about her. Thanks for reminding us how sweet she was. And the end is one of my all time favorite moments, amazingly from Family, that smile gets me every time. :)

Autumn

-----------

Buffy Season 6: It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:11 am 
This is truly the utlimate Tara video. You have captured the essence of the character perfectly. I tell you, between you and Rally, I'm blowing right past my downloading capabilites. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

--celia

---------------------------------

"That was just rude. Now I forget what I was saying."

Post subject: Just One Touch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:06 am 
I'm a little slow here in the thread. I just downloaded your music vid.. partly due to the fact... I'm sorta drawn towards... the carpenters. :p

It's a beautiful piece of work. I'm currently downloading Happy Girl now... and I'm sure that it'll be just as good. sigh. I love those slow lovey dovey music vids. :)

CheerZ

Shinnen

When I Am Standing On My Head, The Sky Is So Deep And The Sea Is So High.

Inner Beauty Is The Easiest To See In The World When You Are Looking

Post subject: Re: Just One Touch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:54 am 
Wow that was really good. I loved how you lined up the ooh in the song with the complete clip. Absolutely terrific. I can't wait to see one of Willow now. :wink

--------------------------------------

A.K.A. Liz

"Let them stop and stare, it don't worry me. Cause I'm feelin' for her what she's feelin' for me." Lyrics from the Tatu song All The Things She Said
They love the women that will never love them. They are Lesbros!

Post subject: Re: such beautiful videos
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:25 pm 
Hi Pipsqueak,

Just wanted to say I downloaded a couple of your videos the other day and I really love them. Happy Girl is such a catchy, infectuous song and you've made it into a joyful video which lifts my spirits whenever I watch it. After all the angst and horror of S6 it was so nice to be reminded of earlier times when Willow and Tara were happily in love.

I thought the images you chose work very well with the lyrics and music - my favourite match is toward the end when the singer jumps to a high note, 'oooooooohh' just as Willow makes Tara 'complete' .

The video seems to me a celebration of Tara and I really like the way it shows how Tara came to be 'a happy girl' through her relationship with Willow. I like that it begins and ends with Tara smiling then tells a story, contrasting earlier times when Tara was a shy, lonely outsider with all those shots of Willow and Tara happy together. I also like how for someone who has watched the show and knows significant events in their relationship there is sometimes an added layer of meaning to the images. ( e.g. in the first verse you do a mini NMR with Tara waiting alone in the dark followed by a shot of her with the Extra Flamey candle. The video works fine without knowing this but for W/T fans it's a bonus ).

Another thing which I like is the way you show Willow and Tara in a range of interactions and moods - joking, talking, kissing and dancing with each other, comforting each other when sad or just hanging out. The video captures the joyous love between them and conveys how Tara gains confidence and happiness through this loving relationship. I love that you ended with Tara's smile from ' Family ' ( probably my all time favourite out of many favourite Tara smiles and half-smiles ). Here again, on one level it's just a shot of a happy girl but for fans it means so much more.

I just fall in love again

I liked how the whole feel and look of this video was completely different in response to a very different style of song. It's ages since I've listened to the Carpenters, Karen Carpenter has such a wonderful voice and the song really suits such a romantic video. I found it awoke the shameless schmaltz lover within and all those soft focus, slowmotion shots of Willow and Tara holding hands, kissing, snuggling, doing spells or just looking adoringly at each other were irresistable.

I loved the way in the instrumental passage you intercut the Entropy kiss with key loving moments between Willow and Tara. Also loved the match of the floating rose and flaming O spells to the lyrics, ' magic, could it be magic? ' and then ending with them levitating in each others arms. The stylized look helps convey that this is a special relationship, it has a timeless quality - ' always and forever ' . Watching this video, I couldn't help falling in love with Willow and Tara all over again. Thanks.

( Now to down load Reasons Why....)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:33 pm 
All three are just amazing, I loved them all. Hope to see new videos from you in the future :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:57 am 
Pipsqueak your videos are great.:bounce

I love to see happy Tara.

Looking forward to seeing more of your vids.

Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:58 am 
Pipsqueak, I just watched "Happy Girl," and I have tears in my eyes, I loved it so much. It was just fabulous. I loved how when the singer did the "oh" parts, you showed clips of Tara singing, and I loved how you paired up Willow with the mention of an angel, and I loved how you ended with clips from "Family."

I think I will probably watch it a few more times right now, and anytime I need to remember happy Tara and that sweet, sweet smile.

Thanks for this. It's really wonderful.

Edited because I just watched the other two. The one about Willow and Tara's relationship...again with the teary eyes. So beautiful. The way you faded that slow motion kiss in and out, combining it with those other beautiful images of connection...oh, I'm just swooning. When I see a video like this, it makes me think it was almost worth it to go through all the pain of the last months to have something this beautiful as a legacy to that relationship.

And "Reasons Why"...well, the way you used color for Tara's present and the black and white reflections for those past moments was really inspired; I could feel the way the color had just drained out of those memories for Tara in making that decision to leave. It was wrenching but perfect; I particularly loved the flash to Glory during the conversation at the beginning of Tabula Rasa and the series of flashes at the very end as Tara is literally poised on the doorstep of the house.

You are very talented. These videos are truly wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.

Edited by: Tulipp at: 9/16/02 10:20:36 am

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:46 pm 
Helo there,

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!

These videos are absofriggin fabulous. Really worth the download....and the slow motion effect just love it...now I can enjoy it again and again and again......Thanks for sharing!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:24 pm 
I should have posted this a long time ago, but what can I say, I'm lazy .... :grin Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know that Happy Girl won the "You Knocked My Socks Off" Award for the September round of the Moments In Time Video Awards! Yay me! My first award ever, I'm so proud .... sniff sniff ....

I didn't nominate the video, so if someone from this board did, THANK YOU!

Also, thanks again to everyone who has given me feedback. I do keep up with both this thread and responses sent thru email, and it really means a lot to me. I will try to start answering individual posts on this thread from now on instead of the generic, all-encompassing thank-yous. (hey, gimme a break, I'm a grad student and haven't had any free time since July!) Also, I will try to have a new W/T vid done by the end of October, schedule permitting. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh, and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions.
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference.
We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be." -- Angel

Post subject: OMG
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:46 pm 
I have seen so many great replys about these movies and I spent a while downloading them. My computer says its an invalid format.

I have all the proper codec(s) to play .avi files!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH You lucky folks.....guess I'll just have to take your word for it!

Jen

Post subject: Re: OMG
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:50 pm 
BTVSfunatic, you have the DivX 4 codec installed? Tell me what program you're using to play the files, and the specific text of the error message, and maybe I can help you figure it out.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh, and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions.
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference.
We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be." -- Angel

Post subject: Congratulations!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:46 pm 
Pipsqueak, congrats on your win! That is wonderful news and certainly very well-deserved. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your vids, and I love the ones I already have saved!

"Run, flee, maybe skedadlle. We're not here to engage. This is strictly recon." Willow, on season seven, in "This Year's Girl"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:38 pm 
PipS---Thanks for the help but I uh got a friend to fix and I finally saw the videos....................

..........Loved them!!!!

It was worth the pain and anguish!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work!!

Jen

Willow:I knew it. I knew it! Well, not knew it in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:04 pm 
I feel bad coming to this thread so late, but I downloaded "Just One Touch" and wow! First, that's one of the few videos that has ever made my eyes water, and second, if someone who had never seen Willow and Tara asked me what it was all about, I'd show them that video.

I loved how you slowed down the scenes to match the rhythm of the song, and I loved the flashbacks during the Entropy kiss. I also liked the whiteout transitions. It was just an amazing creation!

I'm going to download "Happy Girl" now. Congrats on the award! You definitely have talent and thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

Post subject: Re: Best Video's I've Ever Seen!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:33 pm 
I just gotta say that all three of these vids are just brilliant :grin Thanx so much for sharing them.

I watch 'Happy Girl' everyday b4 I go to work and it cheers me up no end, but my fav scene has gotta be the slo mo kissage in 'Just one Touch' ummm :drool

Please keep sharing your excellent work, you're very talented

Thanx again.

Anya: Anyway, I took the money from working for Giles, then I tripled it.

Tara: Triple? Like first money, then money, money, money?

Anya: Yes, I'm thinking about buying something very expensive. Maybe an antelope

Post subject: Re: Best Video's I've Ever Seen!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:15 am 
Okay question!!! :wave

Everytime I try to download (or even just open) 'Just a touch' I get about 51% through then the connection fails. Someimes my computer says that my internet connection crashed but it never has. Any idea what's happening?

-LC

~*~

RealLiveTara is my RealLiveGirlfriend! *swoons*

"It doesn't have to be a really frenchish french, I just wanna feel your tongue."- my girlfriend last night.

"I don't wanna come out of the closet. All my clothes are in there!" -Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:04 pm 
I'm so late finding these treasures...

Goddess, one video is more wonderful than the other!!! That's great editing! :clap I loved Happy Girl and just finished watching Just One Touch with tears running free through my face...

Thank you so much for bringing back so many wonderful moments, filled with strong emotions and lots of Willow and Tara love. You made my day.

Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:37 pm 
I can't believe I made the last post to this thread. What a coincidence! :)

I just had to come here and say something after reading the messages on the Willow/Tara Multimedia thread.

I also LOVE "Just One Touch" more than anything! I downloaded many wonderful W&T vids made by so many talented people and I love all of them. But this one really has a special place in my heart... :heart

How did you find such a perfect song anyway????

This part always kills me:

"Magic

It must be magic

The way I hold you

And the night just seems to fly

Easy for you to take me to the stars

Heaven is that moment

When I look into your eyes."

Oh my... I just watched again and cried like a baby... :sob

Thank you so much again! I hope you feel like doing more some day.

--------------------------
"She had tasted Willow on her tongue, and she had worn Willow on her skin. There wasn't a shower in the world that could have washed that away." (Terra Firma, by Tulipp)