The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: W/T Videos - UPDATE 05/07/19
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:57 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Hello! I finally got around to putting some clips of season 4 on my computer and editing it together as a music video. Please have a looksie, and feel free to leave me some feedback if you like it! Thanks for checking it out!

Click here

The file is kinda big, and you're going to need quicktime to view it (sorry guys, I own a Mac). I have a link to the Quicktime page so you can download it. Trust me, it'll be worth the hassle.

Last edited by Foomatic on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New W/T Video
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
Trust me, it'll be worth the hassle.

Oh my goodness, Foo, you were not kidding! That was beautiful! So lovely, it kind of hurt to watch. Masterful editing. I loved the way you brought the audio of the clips up at certain times; and those really quick cuts of the Oz bits really added to the tension and angst I think we all felt when we saw NMR for the first time.

Thanks for making and sharing this. Excellent stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:37 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Aww, what a sweet video! I have to agree with maudmac, I love that you added the audio clips from the show, it makes the video that much sweeter with those memorable lines. And that song, I’m loving that song. The video goes by really smoothly, I enjoyed it immensely. :x Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:07 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Aww, that was amazing, it was so sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:05 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That was absolutely beautiful!!! Great video. The music was perfect. Okay, gotta go watch it again. Amazing work!!! =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:54 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

It was absolutely beautiful. :x You really captured Willow and Tara, their love and chemistry perfectly. After all these years it is as wonderful to watch as it ever was, maybe more so thanks to your beautiful video. Thank you. :)

Mrs. Cartman: Well, I know a little kitty who is sleeping with Mommy tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:08 am 
19. Yummy Face

Aaaawwwww Foo-Foo! That was beautiful!

I hope you make lots more...lots and lots!

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:28 pm 
3. Flaming O

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know whether to appluad or cry. :dance

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:04 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
Bless your heart.. :happycry I love the music and the way you put these clips together. From a sweet smile to “Right now..”.. every single moment Willow and Tara share is heartwarming. Really lovely video. :heart Thank you so much for creating and sharing this with us. It’s Beautiful..

Thank You!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:47 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Applause, Applause
I can't even begin to express how amazing this was. From beginning to end.... just amazing.

Jackie

"Supposedly the summer is "over." The people that say that are either children or work in the education field. We are neither of those things. The summer is over when it stops being 300 degrees outside. Which won't be until December. That said, we will continue to have summer fun!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:07 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Oh that was SO GOOD. It's like watching the episodes Hush through NMR with all the boring parts cut out. :) No, seriously - what a great video. You made the clips line up so perfectly with the parts of the song - loved how Tara smiled right when the song was at "she'll look at you and smile."

Major kudos and thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:34 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Awww that was so cute..I love it!!!! :x . Great job. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:42 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! That was beautiful. You are a genius! :clap :clap :clap :bounce

The only thing I would change is to put when Willow falls back and gasps from the spell in WAY after Tara blows out the candle in NMR.

Now, I am most definitely looking forward to your next update on "She's Got A Way."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:26 am 
3. Flaming O

That was beautiful Foo!!! so so lovely Thankyou! :clap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hi everyone! Wow, thank you all for the wonderful feedback!

maudmac
Quote:
Oh my goodness, Foo, you were not kidding! That was beautiful! So lovely, it kind of hurt to watch. Masterful editing. I loved the way you brought the audio of the clips up at certain times; and those really quick cuts of the Oz bits really added to the tension and angst I think we all felt when we saw NMR for the first time.

Thanks maudmac! If it weren't for you I wouldn't have been able to post the darn thing. I've seen lots of fan vids, but for the most part they never use the audio tracks. It always looked weird seeing their lips move but no sound come out. I'm glad you liked it!

Renee85:

Quote:
I love that you added the audio clips from the show, it makes the video that much sweeter with those memorable lines.

I agree . . . I never understood why people don't use them more often. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Shortstuff: Thanks!

Tarababy77: Wonderful! I can put it on a never ending loop if you want! :D

DrG:

Quote:
After all these years it is as wonderful to watch as it ever was, maybe more so thanks to your beautiful video.

I must confess, I came into Buffyverse after the show had ended . . but now I'm completely obsessed, so expect more to come!

GayNow: Thanks Carleen! (spoiler: there maybe a new video at the end of this post . . . I'm not sure :D)

freakgirl105:

Quote:
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know whether to appluad or cry!

You could always do both :D. . . thanks for having a looksie!

Kajun: I appreciate you taking the time to view it. Hope it didn't take too long to download!

HalfCamel: Aww, thank you!

SallyMcfine:

Quote:
It's like watching the episodes Hush through NMR with all the boring parts cut out.

Funny you say that, that's exactly what I did the first time I heard about Tara and Willow. I rented season four and basically skipped a couple of episodes and fast forwarded. A lot.

Quote:
You made the clips line up so perfectly with the parts of the song - loved how Tara smiled right when the song was at "she'll look at you and smile."

That's what I love about mixing the footage with the right music . . . if you time it just right, you get that maximum emotional punch! Thanks for watching!

sam: Thanks sam!

The Rose24: Hey there! Thanks for having a gander . . . hope it makes up for a lack of update? :blush

Boadecia: You're welcome, thanks for taking the time to download and watch it!

Alrighty guys. A little background on this next vid. I had seen some the fics posted at Pens that had really cool banners with altered photos to fit the particular story lines. Not being all that great at manipulating photos, I thought to myself, well, I'm good at the video stuff, so why not make a trailer? So here is my new offering: I have a fic in pens called "She's Got A Way," which is basically my version of the in-betweens of Season 4 in a sort of musical style, and I cut a movie trailer type video for it. You'll find it

HERE

I know, kind of a shameless plug for my fic, but I think it turned out pretty cool. Let me know what you think!

Also, I do plan on making more videos soon. I'm obsessed with my digital video recorder . . . I've got a huge backlog of Buffy eps that I need to transfer to tape and get on my computer . . . so please, feedback is always appreciated!

Foo

Post subject: Re: New W/T Videos - Updated 8/01
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:10 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Your video is great, I just saw it because it was highly recommended to me. It's a beautiful song and it all just reminded me of why I love these two so. Technically speaking, you did a great job with the transitions, the variety and the super imposing, fade to black, etc.. It's very good.

I tried watching the new one but something was wrong. The format is unusual, mp4 . I am not sure if that's something to do with it, maybe I need a codec I don't have. Anyway, the concept seemed great. The audio plays fine but the video goes by super quick. It's not matching.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:38 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

The video worked fine for me - played it with QuickTime, the free version. And can I say a WOO HOO? Oh, it makes me LONG for someone to do a movie with Willow and Tara - a full-length feature film! Watching it in 'preview' format got me all excited (er, not THAT way though) just thinking about what kind of movie it would be.

But Foo, you have a fanfic that I'm going to read - which in many ways is even better than a movie because of the flexibility and smut potential. (Oh, I didn't just say smut potential, did I?)

This was GREAT! More videos, more, more! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:59 pm 
19. Yummy Face

That's really great, Foo!!!

Wow! What incredible talent. Really really nice.

When the day comes that I need a trailer for my life, you're the one I'm calling.

More! More!

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:26 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

That was absolutely the best way to end a stressful day of work!!! Talk about incredible. I think I watched it 4 times in a row and still wanna see the actually movie, heehee. You so have a talent!!! I'm going to stop wasting time.......and to and watch it again, heehee. Great work. I really hope to see more soon. Take care and smiles!!! =)

P.s. did I mention that I'm watching it again while I'm typing this, heehee??? =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:26 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
OH MY GODDESS!! I love this! :heart :heart I am so impressed with your video making skills. Creating a trailer for your fic is a fantastic idea. The clips really get the groove on with the beat and the transitions between them are so smooth. It’s mesmerizing! I would have left feedback earlier but, as others have said, I keep watching it over and over! Oooo.. and the text-y inserts match up perfectly with the scenes. I can’t express how completely awesome these videos are. You have a real talent for this and for writing too! I haven’t left feedback for “She’s Got A Way” (sorry) but I have been reading and enjoying it! These are well worth the download time, most definitely!! THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:29 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Thanks y'all! That's what I get for trying to use the media player to play it. I used quicktime (as much as i hate it) :p and then it worked. It's awesome. And yeah totally makes you want to see the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:17 am 
5. Willowhand

Hello Kittens-

The first video comes through perfectly on my iMac and I have to say something along the lines of wow! That was damn good!

But the second MP4 just goes straight to a document read despite my QT 7.0.1 Much sadness!

I'll keep trying,

Jixer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:30 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hi Jixer!

I changed the file type for the trailer to a .mov since there were a few problems viewing it. It should work now when you click on the link. Thanks for watching!

Foo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:13 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey!
I've just downloaded the videos and wow...they're really great! The first one is really amazing, it was like watching the season 4, but with only Will and Tara...really nice. :clap
And the trailer..hehe, what a great idea! I haven't read your fic yet, but now I'm totally curious to read it... Really great job.
There are gonna be more, right? :-D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:20 pm 
8. Vixen

:bow
The "trailer" vid was awesome! That was very creative and looked professional. Good for you! Thank you for taking the time and energy to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:59 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Kittens-

This is just wonderful!! The trailer in QT came up perfectly and was worth the wait.

Thank you so much for this :flower

Jixer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:36 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hey Everyone! Got a new video offering for you guys! Click the link at the end of the post and scroll down!

It's really late at my end of the world, so just this once I'm going to give a great big generic "THANK YOU" to everyone who left feedback. Thanks for taking the time to watch my videos, and I promise I will not make this a habit. Thanks and happy viewing!

Click Here

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

Post subject: Re: W/T Videos - Updated 8/29
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:11 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow, Foo! That was really great! You've got a great feel for when to allow the dialogue to come through the music. In many videos, hearing the dialogue and the song going at the same time is distracting, at best. But not so with your videos. Great stuff! Really looking forward to your next...and to the next update for "She's Got A Way." ;)

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:23 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Foo, you have done it again! Another great video.

You can just feel the pure sadness at the beginning and the pure joy at the end. I look forward to any other videos you plan on making.

Right now I want an update on She's Got A way. :wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:07 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Foomatic, that was foo-wonderful! It's very wrenching to watch the scenes of W&T apart, and the crying, and the car crash with Dawnie, and it was great to then immediately get to see the gradual reconciliation between our girls, and of course :wtkiss

You really have a gift for this! Or maybe it's your job. Either way, it's GREAT and thanks so much for sharing.