The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finding a way to Jace (updated 6/10/12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:49 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Title: Finding a way to Jace
Author's name: Ash
Rating: PG-13 for now
Disclaimer: All of the BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy and all them people
Summary: Willow and Tara will met in a very weird situation. I don't really know how to explain it other then that. Guess you will just have to read and find out

Chapter 1:
It was dark. So dark. Why was it so dark? Night time? Of course. Where is this place? Brick buildings. Trash can with fire. Men. Homeless men. And women. Why does everything looked blurred. Is this an alley? Has to be. To small to be a street. Big fence. Keep out. That's what the sign says.

"Hey baby." Man with bad breath. He's been drinking. Trying to touch me. Move away.

I need something. They need something. Why does it look like she's itching? Is she okay?

I feel weak. Everything is spinning.

"Lily," black man with long beard. "I was wondering when I would seeeee youuuu." Why are his words so slow. Why is everything spinning. Ground getting closer.

Tara Maclay woke with a start. She was laying on her stomach on her bed. She blinked a couple times to get the blurriness of sleep out of her eyes. She stared at the black wall through her blonde hair that was falling in her face. What was that dream. Why did she keep having dreams similar and who was Lily. Why were people always calling her Lily. Was it her? Was it someone else? She didn't understand. She pushed on her hands to get up and the room went spinning. She dropped back onto the bed face first. She laid there. Why did she feel like she spent the night drinking. She hadn't drank anything since she was in college. Well the occasional wine, but that was rare. She tried to focus her mind.

"Happy birthday to you." She heard the little voice and rolled onto her left side. "Happy birthday to you," she stared at Jace as he walked into the room carrying a birthday cake with two little candles on it. "Happy birthday dear mommy," he smiled at her. "Happy birthday to you." She couldn't help, but smile as she stared into the blue eyes that matched her own. "Make a wish," he held up the cake for her. The cake was very small and round and covered in chocolate. She was amazed that he was holding it up. Usually the 6-year-old was running around or bouncing around. Even when he stood still he would bounce up and down. It must be taking all his will power to stay still so he wouldn't drop her cake. She sat up slowly. Still a little dizzy, but nothing horrible. She pushed her hair behind her ears and blew out the two candles. "What did you wish for?" Jace asked with a bounce. The cake almost slipped and Tara grabbed for it. "That was a close one," he said.

Tara giggled. "If I told you my wish it wouldn't come true." Jace stuck is bottom lip out. "Don't pout with me mister, it won't work," she smirked then she looked at the cake. "How did you light the candles?"

"Jackie helped me," Jace said. "I called her yesterday and asked her to come over this morning early since it was your day off and your birthday to help me with the cake."

"She did?"

"I did," a women came into view from the top of the stairs. How hadn't Tara seen her before? She must really be out of it. Jackie was mixed, beautiful, with poofy hair. She was wearing blue jeans, black high heels, a green tank top and a black jacket. She crossed her arms, and smiled at Tara. "You didn't actually think he got a hold of matches by himself? You hid the knives and forks in a locked box so he can't get them."

"You can never be to careful," Tara said.

"Which is why," Jackie held up three forks that were in her right hand. "I carried them."

"So I carried the cake," Jace shouted and bounced up and down the bed.

Tara watched him bounce a couple times then look at Jackie. "You don't actually think we are eating this cake in my bed."

"Why not," Jace stopped bouncing and stared at his mom.

"Because would you like to sleep in cake crumbs," Tara asked him.

"They are chocolate!" He said.

Tara raised her eyebrows. "It makes a difference."

"Uh duh," Jace said. "Chocolate is the best." Tara couldn't help, but laugh a long with Jackie.

"I think he makes sense," Jackie said.

"Oh totally," Tara said. "Downstairs," she looked at Jace then Jackie.

"Fine," Jace went to take the cake.

Tara pulled it away. "I'll carry this downstairs. The will power it took to make you steady enough to carry it before is gone."

"You don't trust me?" Jace put his hand to his heart and faked a sad face.

"There's a difference between trust and a mothers intuition," Tara said to him.

"Why do you always say that?" Jace asked.

"Because I'm the mother and what I say goes."

"That doesn't make sense," Jace swung his arms outward.

"Yes it does," Tara started to get up.

Jace put his hands on the bed and leaned on the. "Because you are the mother and what you say not only goes, but makes sense."

"That's right," Tara kissed his blonde hair as she passed him. Jackie smiled and shook her hand as Tara walked by and then followed her down the stairs. Jace rolled his eyes and followed them.

"So what are your plans for today birthday girl?" Jackie asked as they walked down the stairs.

"I don't really have any, but spending them with Jace," Tara said as they walked through the living room to the kitchen. The two rooms were connected. The walls were black and so was the furniture. The rooms had candles surrounding them. Tara always liked the black walls with the candle light shining off of them. So her loft apartment looked like this. The spiral stairs in the living room lead up to her loft room. She was surprised that she didn't hear Jackie. Come in. She usually heard everything and she could see the living room and kitchen from her room. Under her room was where the bathroom and Jace's room were. It wasn't that big of a place, but it was perfect for her and Jace.

"We can go to the boardwalk," Jace said bounding down the stairs and into the kitchen. We can walk along the shore and feed the seagulls and go on rides and eat fries and..."

"Take a breath," Tara told him as she sat the cake on the island in the middle of the kitchen. It was a small island. 3 stools lead the side facing the kitchen. It's where her and Jace ate all their meals. Jace slide into the middle chair. He took a deep breath and let it out then smirked at his mom. "Smart ass," she turned to the cabinet over the sink and grabbed three plates out.

"Cake for breakfast," Jackie gasped. "I'm shocked."

"Oh hush," Tara said putting the places next to each other on the table. "And grab me a knife." Jackie turned to the cabinet were the locked box was. Tara was usually a healthy eater. There was no soda in the house. Jace and herself only drank it every once in awhile when they went out to restaurants. There was a lot of fruit and she made sure herself and Jace ate some everyday a long with salad. Jace didn't eat a lot of junk food and Tara cooked breakfast and dinner every night. Jace ate lunch at school and Tara ate at work. On weekends that she didn't work they went out to lunch together and spent the day together. She knew that this would probably change when he got older and made friends that he wanted to hangout with on the weekends so she was gonna take all the opportunities she could to spend time with him now. Although Jace was a lot like her. Not only did they share the same little, fare skin, the same blues eyes and blonde haired, but they shared the same shy personality. Jace didn't have many friends, but the couple he did have were nice and they loved coming over to their house and playing video games on the big screen.

"This is good cake," Jace said with a mouth full of chocolate.

"Jace," Tara said. "Don't talk with your mouth full," she couldn't help, but smile as she took a bite. "Oh my gosh," she said through cake. "This is good." Jace gave her a look. "Hush," she said and then swallowed.

"Nice teaching," Jackie smirked at her as she took a bite. "Oh my gosh," she said with a mouth full.

"I know right," Tara and Jace both said through mouth fulls.

"Do you want to come with us?" Jace asked Jackie after he swallowed the last of his cake.

"Um," Jackie looked from Jace to Tara.

"You can," Tara smiled. "If you want." She collected the plates and started to wash them in the sink.

"Well in that case," Jackie looked at Jace. "I would love too."

"Yay!," Jace said. "I'll go get dressed." He jumped down off his stool and ran to his room.

"Maybe chocolate cake wasn't the best idea," Jackie laughed as she watched Jace go to his room.

"Yeah probably not," Tara smirked. "I'm gonna go get dressed."

Last edited by ashcrash71590 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Finding a way to Jace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:56 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs! I'm surprised I'm the first one to comment on this story. Interesting start with the strange dream, Tara in it being a drug addict (?) named Lily. Memories of a former life, telepathic connection to this Lily? Guess we have to wait and see. Then the sweet family idyll with the cute son. The title has me a bit worried, though, hinting that in the future little Jace will be lost somehow. And how will Willow come into this? You definitively have me hooked, please update soon!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

I find this beginning to be quite intriguing. I'm really interested in seeing where it leads up to.
Please continue!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hey Ash,

Great start, intriguing and I look forward to seeing where you take us! :peace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 am 
5. Willowhand

Nice start...

I can't wait to read more. I like this Tara... and I'm eager to see how Willow will be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Ash,

Jace is a cutie . . . you do a good job with little kids!

So sign me up for more of this, but don't leave D2L hanging, either! (like I have the nerve to talk!)

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ash, you're killing me. I'm really intersted in this new story, but please, God, oh, God, don't leave Doorway to Love or Skate and Hate unfinished.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi Ash.

Yay for new story.
I'm loving this story. I really wanna know what Jackie and Tara are or were. When will Willow show up? I soo wanna know how you will describe Willow.
Who is Lily? :s serious I'm curious.

Anyway please more and don't forget finish Doorway to Love. *pouts*

MOOOOOOOREEEE!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm 
5. Willowhand

Wills redemption:
I'm glad I have you hooked :) Everything will make sense eventually, but being a little confused at first can always be intriguing. Thank you for the feedback :)

sarahncrys1017:
Thank you for the feedback, I hope I keep you intrigued :)

Finey_McFine:
Thank you :) I'm kind of looking forward to where I take you too :p I've had many different ideas of what to do with this story.

fhiwda:
I'm glad you like Tara. You will find out some about Willow in this chapter, but you will find out a lot more about both of them later on. Thanks for the feedback :)

Ariel:
Thank you :) I grew up with 3 brothers so I'm usually better at writing about how boys act since I'm not really experienced in how girls act, I was a big tomboy growing up :p I won't leave d2l hanging. I promise :) And I was happy to see an update on your story :) and I'm glad your doing better. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

True_Love:
I'm glad you are interested :) I won't leave them hanging. I just have to many ideas running around in my head to keep up with them all :p But they will all be updated as much as I can keep them going in my mind. Thanks for the feedback :)

taysla:
I was wondering when someone was going to mention Jackie and Tara :p I will get to that. Everything will start making sense. And Willow is gonna be introduced in this chapter :) I'm glad you like that story and thanks for the feedback :)

Chapter 2:
Willow Rosenburg took a sip of her coffee as she stared out the window at the pouring rain. She really didn't want to go to school today. Actually she didn't want to go to school at all. When she had mentioned this to her best friends Buffy and Xander and Xander's girlfriend Anya they had looked at her like she grew two heads. It shocked her too. Willow loved school. She loved going to school. She loved learning. She had graduated in high school at top of class, barely missed any days, and had done the same thing in college. She had graduated with an associates degree with Buffy from a college she attended in California where she grew up, but after that she moved to New York City to attended another school and get her other required years before going to Medical school which she would attend in New York also. She loved living in New York. It was different and more exciting. But that was only probably because everything here was still new to her.

Buffy, Xander, and Anya had all taken off work for a week and came to see her. Xander worked in construction and was trying to open his own business. Anya was the manager of an antique store (Buffy and Willow loved to joke about how they thought Anya loved money more than Xander). Buffy wasn't sure what she was going to do with her life. Right now she worked in retail and she didn't really like it. She had thought about going to Med school, but then decided she might want to join an EMT program that the college offered. Buffy had said maybe she would move to New York and her and Willow could work at the same hospital.

That was when Willow told them she wasn't sure about Med school anymore. Buffy had suggested that maybe Willow should become a nurse or an EMT with her instead of a doctor. But Willow wasn't sure. She wasn't sure of much lately.

Her friends were worried about her. She only had one friend in the whole city and she had lived here a year. Willow met Darian in the apartment building she lived in. He was funny and nice and worked at this place not far from where they lived. He was one of the most famous singing drag queens in their area. He was pretty well loved.

She didn't date either. In high school Willow dated two boys, but neither really lasted very long. She just wasn't that interested in dating them. Anya had made a joke once that maybe she was gay. Anya had a cousin who was gay who just happened to be visiting and maybe they should meet. Willow just kind of rolled her eyes and didn't think much of it. She hadn't really thought of being gay or dating girls. I means he barely thought about dating boys in high school. Dating was just a whatever thing to her. Then she met Anya's cousin, Harley. She was beautiful and Willow formed a huge crush. Soon they were cuddling and kissing and other things. Willow liked it a lot more than she liked dating the boys, but she didn't feel a connection with Harley. Xander and Anya were inseparable. They really loved each other. They fought like crazy sometimes, but they were in love. Willow always wanted that. She wanted those magical feelings when someone touched her, but she never got them. Harley was almost 3 years ago.

Maybe her sudden lack of not being excited about Medical school had to do with her sudden lack of a life. She wasn't sure. She wanted something more than what she had. She wanted something different. Darian had also noticed her lack of interest in anything and had tried to set her up on a couple dates which she refused them all. She just didn't think any of her friends knew the kind of girl she wanted. Actually she didn't even know. She knew she wanted to date a girl and not a boy, but she didn't know what kind of girl.

Willow shook her head and turned away from the window to look at her apartment. Well her room as Xander would laugh and call it. It was surely just a room. On the left side was her kitchen and her front door and on the right side was her bedroom. She had no sofa. She had no table. She had a bed, a dresser, a TV, and shelves lined with books. The kitchen was small. It had a fridge, a stove, a sink, and about 3 counters. She ate all her meals on one of them pull out stands that people usually eat TV dinners on and sit in front of the TV. At least that's what they did on Matilda. Which was Willow's favorite movie when she was little.

Willow looked at the clock to see how much time she had. "Shit," she said out loud when she realized she was suppose to leave the apartmant 20 minutes ago. She was going to be late to school. Willow dumped the coffee in the sink and ran to grab up all her school stuff. She bolted out the door and got halfway down the hall when she realized she forgot to lock her door. She ran back and dug her key out of her purse and locked her door.

"Running late aren't you?" Darian stood in his doorway. A blue robe on him, sipping something from a mug. He had pale skin and black hair and his eyes were a dark blue color. Willow might not have had an interest in boys, but you didn't have to have an interest in boys to know that Darian was a very good looking man.

"Yes very," Willow went to take off then realized something. She groaned.

"What?" Darian asked.

"I don't know when the next train leaves. I don't know how long I will have to wait. Can you give me a ride?"

Darian smiled. "What's the magic word?"

"Darian," Willow said in a stern voice.

"Well yes that can be a magic word when I'm working magic on a guy but."

"Oh come on," Willow groaned. "I don't want to hear about your gay sex life when I lack a gay sex and am going to be late to school and I can't risk being late to school. I know it's not my most favorite thing in the entire world right now but..."

"Whoa whoa whoa," Darian said holding one hand in the air. "I know where this is going. You are going into full Willow-babble mode and we don't have time for that. I will drive you. Let me get pants and keys."

"Thank you," Willow said.

"Well that's close enough to the other magic word I wanted," he winked at her and disappeared into his apartment.

Traffic was always not the greatest thing, but she didn't want to risk train times and she didn't want to get soaked riding her bike in the rain which is how she usually got to school. Her legs were bouncing up and down.

"Calm down," Darian chuckled. "We are almost there."

Willow looked around. The college was two blocks away. "Look Darian I'll run for it I still have a couple minutes. I'll get there faster."

"Will it is pouring really badly. I don't think..." before he could get his sentence out Willow was out of the car. "Willow," he shouted, but she slammed the door. He jumped out of his car. "Willow are you insane."

"Apparently," Willow shouted back at him. She turned to give him a smirk. The look on his face was not a smile at her joke or an aggravated expression of her running in the rain it was something else. Horror? Fear? Then he was screaming her name. And someone was screaming watch out. She went to turn and as she did she heard the screeching. She heard the rain pounding. She heard people screaming. Then she felt it. A sharp pain in her side. She was off the ground. Something made a crashing sound. She was being rolled. She heard voices. She heard her name. She felt like she was flying. Then she felt something hard. Then she felt.. nothing and everything went black.

Ash

Post subject: Re: Finding a way to Jace (updated 5/15/12)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:14 pm 
3. Flaming O

Noo no no no no, you cannot do that to me Ash. :happy

Why do you have to stop there? Why do I have the feeling Tara will be the poor person that is driving into Willow? :hmm

Oh damn you Ash :P
:impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient
Don't take long to update, okay?

I can't be all worry when you will be updating it.
I have EXAMS :buried the whole month :gnome :gnome and I need something to calm me down. :sigh

So girl, you better not let me down ;)

Anyway, AWESOME update :)

MOOOOREE :)

:kitty
Tay

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

OH.MY.GOD!!!!!!

How could you leave us hanging like that!? That update made me want to jump out of my seat and scream!

Anyway... it was still a great update. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for the next one.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 am 
5. Willowhand

Holy Mackral, Batman! Intense!! I'm eager to see how Willow recovers and what kind of dammage has been done.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I love every thing i have read of yours!! This one is looking just as good!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:41 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Tara seems to be a very cool mom who plainly loves her kid but who is the other lady there, a friend, a sister or, horrors, a partner???????

Intriguing intro to Willow with her currently thinking that school sucks and finding her life right now at a bit of a dead end and full of uncertainty about herself. She needs to find Tara and soon, she'll help her.

She went to turn and as she did she heard the screeching. She heard the rain pounding. She heard people screaming. Then she felt it. A sharp pain in her side. She was off the ground. Something made a crashing sound. She was being rolled. She heard voices. She heard her name. She felt like she was flying. Then she felt something hard. Then she felt.. nothing and everything went black.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, not Willow. Please let her be ok and not too badly hurt :(

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:17 am 
3. Flaming O

You, m'dear, are a fantastic writer. Do you know why I say so? Simple... that last post made me wanna reach out and shake somebody... you for stopping there... whomever is driving the car that just crunched hotty mchotty... something. So, well done! :applause

Now... please fix it?!?!?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

taysla:
I'm glad you liked it :) But I'm sorry about your exams. They suck. I already took mine and they are a pain. I will update as much as I can I promise :) Thanks for the feedback :)

sarahncrys1017:
Quote:
That update made me want to jump out of my seat and scream!

Well that is kind of the reaction I was hoping from people :p And sometimes it's nice to leave people hanging :p I'm glad you liked it and I hope you like the next chapter. Thanks for the feedback :)

fhiwda:
Quote:
Holy Mackral, Batman!

Haha that was one of the best reactions I have ever had :) You will find out what happens to Willow, but not quite yet. Thanks for the feedback :)

ImTheOtherOne:
Aw thank you :) I'm glad you like my other stuff and I'm glad you like this as well. Thank you for the feedback :)

willowtaralover
You will find out about Jackie soon enough :) And of course Willow will be okay :) Thanks for the feedback :)

Bewitchedyke:
Quote:
You, m'dear, are a fantastic writer. Do you know why I say so? Simple... that last post made me wanna reach out and shake somebody... you for stopping there... whomever is driving the car that just crunched hotty mchotty... something. So, well done! :applause

Why thank you :D And I was hoping for that reaction from people :p And please don't shake me I promise everything will fall into place. Although you might want to shake me again after reading the next chapter too :p And I will fix it. I will. Eventually. Thanks for the feedback :)

Note: I didn't get to proof read it. I have to go out somewhere and I just had time to finish all the feedback so if there is mistakes I'm sorry! I'll fix it when I get home.

Chapter 3:
"Don't pout it's not the end of the world," Tara said to Jace. He was sitting across from her with his arms crossed over his chest and a pout on his face.

"Stupid rain," he pouted.

Tara smirked at him. "You love the rain."

"Not when it ruins my mommy's birthday."

"Sweetie it didn't ruin my birthday. I am having fun."

"We are sitting in a restaurant."

"Hey now," Jackie said taking the seat next to Tara. "This restaurant is cool. I love the underwater theme and since you told them it was your mommy's birthday we got to sit next to the giant aquarium."

Jace looked at the aquarium next to them and couldn't help but smile at all the fish that swam by. "They are pretty cool looking."

"Here you go," a waitress said coming up to the table. She placed a three choclate shakes on the table and a plate of onion rings. "Your food will be out shortly," she smiled, her eyes lingering on Tara and then she walked away.

Jace scrunched up his face. "That waitress just checked you out," he said to his mom.

"Oh no she didn't," Tara said taking a sip of her shake.

"Oh yes she was," Jackie said reaching for her shake. "I don't think this," she pointed at the shake in Tara's hand. "Is the only shake she wants to give you."

Tara chocked on her shake. "Jackie," she looked at the women sitting next to her.

"But chocolate shakes are the best," Jace said. Jackie covered her mouth so she wouldn't sip her drink out and Tara just looked at Jace. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing," Tara said to him then glared at Jackie.

"I'm sorry," she held up her hands in defense.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Jace said. He got off his chair and ran to the door right near their table.

"Jace sweetie that's..." Tara said then Jace came running out and looked at her with wide eyes. "Signs Jace. Pay attention to the signs." Jace nodded then ran into the other door. Tara shook her head as Jackie laughed. "He is a trip isn't he?" Tara said.

"He's a sweet kid. So how are Brad and Riley?" Jackie asked.

"They are good. They are right now somewhere in the mountains... somewhere. I can't remember right now. Jace talked to Riley the other day."

"Are you okay?" Jackie asked looking at her friend. "You seem kind of out of it."

"I keep having these weird dreams," Tara was staring at her shake, stirring it around with the straw in it.

"What kind of dreams?"

"Well," Tara let go of the straw and her hand dropped to the table. "I keep having these dreams where I'm walking down an alley. At least I think it is an alley. And I'm not me. I mean I see it through a point of view like it's me, but apparently I'm a girl name Lily who I think is with a bunch of people doing drugs? I don't know. This morning I woke up when I.. Lily.. tripped. A couple nights ago I woke up because she injected this needle in her arm."

"Wow," Jackie said looking at her own shake. Then she looked at Tara again. "Those are some weird dreams. What are you eating before bed?" Jackie smirked.

Tara chuckled and looked at her friend. "It's just weird and I always feel so shaken up when I wake up and I just can't shake the feeling."

"Still talking about shakes?" Jace said coming up to the table.

Tara and Jackie laughed. "Something like that," Tara said.

"Here you go?" The waitress said returning to the table. She put the food down in front of them. A burger and fries for Jackie. Chicken tenders and fries for Jace and a chicken salad for Tara. "If there is anything else you need," the waitress was looking at Tara. "Just let me know," she smirked and walked away.

"Is she talking about shakes again too?" Jace asked.

"No," Tara shouted a little to loud and some people around them were now staring. "Sorry," Tara said to them as Jackie and Jace were trying to stifle laughter. "Hush," Tara said to both of them.

"It is still raining," Jace said as they came out of the restaurant.

"Really?" Tara said pulling out her umbrella. "I had no idea."

"What now?" Jace asked.

Just then Jackie's cell phone went off. "Hello? Hi Lau.. I just got done.. You can't handle it yourself? Lauren it's not.. Okay okay I'll be there," Jackie hung up her phone.

"Everything okay?" Tara asked.

"Something happened at the Gallery. I don't know. I have to go."

"Go?" Jace said. "But it's mommy's birthday." The arm crossing and the pout came back and he stomped his foot.

"Oh stop your pouting," Jackie bent down to his eye level. "I'll come see you guys again as soon as I fix this."

"Okay," Jace rolled his eyes. Jackie smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"You don't have to come see us again today if you are busy," Tara said to Jackie when she stood up. "You bought us lunch."

"What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't spend your birthday with you," Jackie pulled her into a hug. "Be careful driving it's pouring."

"I can give you a ride," Tara said as they pulled away.

"The gallery is two roads over," Jackie said. "I'll be fine besides," she looked down at Jace. "I like the rain." She stuck her tongue out at him then ruffled his hair and said goodbye before turning and walking down the road.

"Come on," Tara took Jace's hand. They walked to their car and got in. Tara pulled out and started down the road. "What do you want to do now?" Tara asked.

"It's your birthday silly," Jace said. "You pick."

"Um," Tara thought. "How about we go walk around the mall?"

"Okay," Jace smiled.

Tara turned put on some music and Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles played through the CD.

"Living is easy with eyes closed," Jace started singing. Tara pulled up to a red light and looked in the rear view window. Jace was swaying in his seat. He smiled at her and she smiled back before joining in the song with him. The light turned green and she started forward. She was about halfway through the intersection when she heard screeching and screaming. Tara saw the truck right before she felt the jerk and heard glass shattering. She felt herself spinning and the last thing she heard was Jace scream mommy before something hard hit her head and blackness overtook her.

Ash

Post subject: Re: Finding a way to Jace (updated 5/18/12)
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:19 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Oww. From the title plus this, a ghost story?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:17 pm 
3. Flaming O

:impatient :impatient :impatient :impatient Whyyyy... tell me why people keep doing it.

First you with Willow, then Grey's anatomy with that endless finale and now you again with Tara. Why do you people like have people jumping out of they seats, screaming like crazy? :gnome :gnome

Anyway I love it. They were all cutey today, the rain is always bad thing to happen when you are excited to go out. I know I was when I was kid, but now I live where rain is normal to have everyday. :)

So I'm going to be here waiting for this next chapter and will be here trying to figure it out how the tittle has anything with the story so far. I'm sure, Jace will be Willow's dreaming girl since Tara's dreaming girl is Lily ;) :laugh

More please :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

:kitty
Tay

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:17 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Damn, two cliffhangers in the row, so not fair! You really got me totally hooked. Will they both die and meet as ghosts? I really hope not, especially Jace shouldn't loose his Mommy. They might fall into a coma and meet in some soulwalking way like in the story "The other side" ...or it might be more trivial and they might just share the same room in the hospital. I still have no idea where you are going with this "Lily dreams", also. All in all I can hardly wait for the next (hopefully at least partially enlightening) chapter. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm 

Ugh! That was a bit upsetting. I have to be honest Ash, I really get uncomfortable when kids get injured or killed in books, tv, movies, etc. Maybe it's just the Mom in me, I dunno, but it gets me every time!

Anyway, I am SERIOUSLY hoping this kid did not die!!!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:23 pm 
5. Willowhand

So I'm gonna suck at commenting back to feedback, but everyone is saying pretty much the same thing so I figured I'd wrap it all up in one :p I'm sorry for all the cliffhangers. There might be quite a few in the beginning. I realize everything seems confusing, but that is kind of the point :p Everything will start to make sense though and I will assure everyone that no one is dying in this fic. Not Willow or Tara or Jace. Everything will start to make sense just bare with me and don't get to mad :paranoid
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Chapter 4:
The first thing Willow became aware of was that her head hurt. Actually hurt was kind of an understatement. Willow moved her hand to her head.

"Are you okay?" she heard a voice say.

Willow made a grunting sound and opened her eyes. Bright lights and blurriness is all she saw. She groaned and closed her eyes again.

"Can you sit up?" a different voice asked.

"Maybe," Willow said. She tried to sit up, but pain just shot to her head. "No, no I can't." She laid back down on the bed. Wait. BED?! Willow shot upward ignoring the fact that her head was pounding. She opened her eyes and blinked a couple times to get the blurriness and the slight dizziness to go away. She looked around the room. It was a hospital room. It was white and bright and "AHH!" Willow screamed when she saw the two people in the room.

"Ah," they both screamed and jumped.

"Dang! Don't do that," the man said. He was tall with dark skin and dark hair. He was wearing scrubs and a white lab looking coat.

"Are you okay?" the women asked. She was shorter than Willow. Black hair, dark skin, bright green eyes. She was also wearing scrubs.

A doctor and a nurse. Okay makes sense. Being in a hospital and all. "I'm okay," Willow said. "I think. My head hurts. I'm confused."

"Confused?" The man asked.

"How did I get here?" Willow asked.

"Well we carried you," the women said. "Well Alan carried you," she smiled.

"Alan?" Willow asked.

The doctor and nurse looked at each other. "Yes," the man said. "Alan," he pointed at himself.

"Rose," the women slowly raised her hand. Then she quickly put it down. "Are you just fucking with us again?" she asked.

"What?" Willow was startled by the question.

"Don't what me," Rose said. "You are always playing jokes on us. You are lucky I love you and you are my best friend."

"What?" Willow repeated again louder. "I don't know you."

"Oh come off it," Rose said.

"Rose," Alan said. "I think she is serious?" He took a step towards Willow. "What is the last thing you remember?"

"I um walking down the sidewalk and I turned..."

"The last thing you remember is us coming to work?" Rose said. "Seriously. Dang Olivia how hard did you hit your head."

Willow looked at the bed and put her hand on her head. She felt a knot on the back of it. "I don't know. I guess pretty... Wait," she shot her head upwards to look at Rose. "What did you just call me?"

Rose looked at Alan who looked at Rose who both looked back to Willow. "Um Olivia. You know. Your name."

"Okay I'm gonna set up to have your head looked at. Rose you will have to make your rounds without your partner in crime," Alan said.

"Partner in crime?" It was then Willow realized she wasn't wearing her jeans and shirt she left the house in. Instead there were scrubs with little dogs on them where her clothes had been. "What?" she pulled at the shirt on her. "How?"

"It's okay," Rose said. "I just want to make sure she is okay." Willow looked up and saw the concern in Rose's eyes. The woman gave her a small smile and turned to walk out of the room. "Oh by the way," she turned back to Willow. "I called Denny. He is on his way."

"Denny?" Willow asked.

"Yes," Rose said slowly. "Denny. Your boyfriend."

"Excuse me my what?!" Willow shouted.
-------------------------------------------------------
Beep. Beep. Beep. That was what Tara first became aware of. A beep. She jerked her eyes open and then closed them again when bright lights hit them. She blinked a couple times and tried to adjust her eyes. When she did she saw a white ceiling. She looked to her left. There was a window with a curtain closed and a night stand. To her right was another bed and another nightstand and a door leading into a room with a giant desk and nurses?

"What the..." Tara sat up and when she did she felt the little tug on her arm. She looked down and saw that she was attached to a machine. "What happened?" Tara whispered to herself. Then she remembered the green light. The screeching. Jace screaming. "Jace."

"Ah you're awake," Tara jerked her head around to the voice. A nurse was standing there. She had dark hair and dark skin. Her green eyes looked sad, but she smiled anyways.

"Where am I?" Tara asked the women.

"You are in the hospital." The women answered."My name is Rose. I'm your nurse." Rose walked over to the monitors and looked at them.

"Right," Tara shook her head. "Stupid question. Where is my son?"

"Your what?" Rose looked at Tara.

"My son. He was in the car with me."

"What car?" Rose asked.

"The car? That I was in when another car hit me. At least I think another car hit me. I don't know. I just know I want my son."

"You were brought in by an unnamed man who just dropped you off and left you. You were pretty far gone. You weren't in an accident. You just need help with your heroin addiction." Rose looked back at the monitors.

"Excuse me? I've never done heroin a day in my life," Tara shot back.

Rose looked at the ground and shook her head. She really wasn't in the mood to argue. She looked back up. "Your sister will be here soon Ms. Lehane." She turned to walk out.

"I want my.. Wait what did you just call me?"

Rose stopped and slowly turned around. She just head those words not that long ago. "Ms. Lehane. Your name. Lillian Lehane."

"Lillian. What my name isn't..." Tara stopped. Lillian? Heroin? Suddenly her dream came back to her and her head felt dizzy.

Post subject: Re: Finding a way to Jace (updated 5/26/12)
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:50 pm 

Dibs!

Uhhhhh, I think I'm about as confused as Willow and Tara, lol. I'm assuming they both woke up in some sort of alternate reality? Lillian is Faith's mother? And Olivia...Giles' girlfriend...Denny = Oz? I'm just grasping at straws here and I'm sure I'm about a hundred miles off base, but now you HAVE to hurry with an update cuz I can't go on this confused!!! :p

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:05 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Curioser and curioser first with Tara dreaming of a junkie called Lily only to end up in a car accident then, first Willow and then Tara both come too in hospital but are being referred to by different names. Willow is being called Olivia and Tara is Lily??????? What's going on and are the Dr. and the nurse up to no good and plan to frame our heroes and where's Jace too??????

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:21 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Ash,

Whoaaaaaa! This is big scary freak-out time! Cross between an old episode of Medium and a fistful of twilight zones!

And yes, totally am pulled into WHAT IS HAPPENING? Losing your identity, your memory, your life - very few things more terrifying than that.

You are totally playing us but yeah, I'm along for the ride!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 am 
4. Extra Flamey

HUH?????
So when you get into a car crash you end up in another reality as another person. They should put this on one of the warning signs at the side of the highway (you know, the "don't drink and drive", "don't drive too fast" signs).

Well, I've been luckier, after my car crash on the highway a few years ago I woke up being still me.

I guess Tara and Willow will meet each other soon and bond over their joined fate (or both end up in a mental ward because of it). Now I'm wondering if their souls are stuck in the bodies of other women ore if they still have their own bodies but the identities of strangers? Well, we'll have to wait and see until they catch their reflections.
And will Tara have to suffer a heroin withdrawal on top of the loss of her identity and son? She is really going to need Willows support and hopefully later on love.
I just hope the two girls are from the same reality and can live together with Jace after they find their way back!

I'm curious where you are going to take this. Please update again soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 am 
5. Willowhand

Finey_McFine:
Quote:
Lillian is Faith's mother? And Olivia...Giles' girlfriend...Denny = Oz?

Wrong, wrong, and wrong :p I actually wasn't thinking and didn't realize until you said something that Olivia was Giles girlfriend's name :p It has nothing to do with her. It is just the first name that came into mind as I typed :p And Denny is just a random guy.. Well not so random to Olivia, but random to us :p I don't really ever use Oz in my Willow and Tara stories to sum up Willow's other relationships. I don't know why, I just never really felt right using him.
Quote:
now you HAVE to hurry with an update cuz I can't go on this confused!!!

I hate to break it to you, but you might be a little confused for awhile :p But don't worry, things will start to fall into place. Thank you for the feedback :)

willowtaralover:
Quote:
What's going on and are the Dr. and the nurse up to no good and plan to frame our heroes and where's Jace too??????

You will find out about Jace eventually, don't worry he is okay :) And no there is no planning on framing anyone :p The doctor and nurse are just as confused as Willow and Tara. Thank you for the feedback :)

Ariel:
Quote:
Cross between an old episode of Medium and a fistful of twilight zones!

I've never seen Medium, but I love the Twilight zone :)
Quote:
You are totally playing us but yeah, I'm along for the ride!

I'm sorry, but it is always nice to sometimes keep your readers confused and intrigued. It makes for an interesting ride :p Thank you for the feedback :)

Wills redemption:
Quote:
HUH?????

That seems to be everyone's reaction :p
Quote:
So when you get into a car crash you end up in another reality as another person. They should put this on one of the warning signs at the side of the highway (you know, the "don't drink and drive", "don't drive too fast" signs).

This made me laugh :lol I think that would be a very interesting sign to see while driving down the road.
Quote:
I've been luckier, after my car crash on the highway a few years ago I woke up being still me.

I'm sorry about your accident :( I'm glad you are okay though! And didn't wake up in a alternate reality :p Everything will eventaully will start to make sense. Just stay patient with me :p Thank you for the feedback :)

Chapter 5:
"It will take a little bit for the results to come back," Alan said as Willow and himself stood in the hallway. "I want you to stay here tonight. You will get your own room and everything. I just want to make sure everything is okay."

"Uh thanks," Willow said. She could tell him and.. Olivia? Were friends and it kind of made her feel bad that he was so worried about her when she wasn't who he thought she was.

"I'll go and get it all set up," Alan looked at his clipboard then turned to walk away.

"Wait," Willow grabbed his arm. He turned and looked at her. "Thank you. I really appreciate all of this concern," she smiled at him.

"Of course," Alan smiled back. "We have been good friends for a long time and besides I think Anne would be upset if I let something happen to you." he joked.

The smile dropped from Willow's face.

Alan noticed this. "Anne. My wife. Your best friend since you were kids."

"Right," Willow said. She shook her head. "I guess I really must have hit my head. I think it is good I stay here overnight. Maybe a couple days."

"We will see how everything goes. Denny should be here soon. He said he was at a job about an hour away. So it shouldn't be too long now."

"Denny. Right," Willow couldn't believe she had a boyfriend. It was just so weird. And it was a serious boyfriend if Alan and Rose both knew about him. He was serious enough to call and let them know something happened to her. If they were just casually dating then they might not even know about him or might not even think to call him. Then another thought hit Willow. "What about my parents?" In her reality her and her family weren't really close. She wondered if Olivia was close to her family.

"Oh," Alan said. "Um well you see," before Alan could say anything else Rose came up.

"Alan I need to talk to you," Rose said.

Alan looked at her. "I need to set up a room for Olivia to stay the night."

"The night?" another voice said. Willow looked over and saw a man about her age standing there. He was wearing dirty black jeans and his white shirt had some dirty stains on it. He had a jean jacket that looked more clean then the rest of him. He had shaggy brown hair and brown eyes to match. He looked at Willow. "Babe," he ran up to her.

"Wait," Alan and Rose both said, but it was too late Denny, well who Willow assumed was Denny, enveloped her in her arms.

"Are you okay? All they said was you had an accident to your head," Denny felt Willow stiffen in his arms and he pulled away. He held her out some, but kept his hands on her arms. "Olivia?"

"I..." Willow looked at him. The concern in his eyes almost made her cry. This man was clearly so worried about his girlfriend. Only Willow wasn't his girlfriend.

"Denny we need to talk." Alan said.

"Alan we need to talk," Rose said.

"Excuse me," everyone turned to the new voice. A women stood there. Black skinny jeans, white shirt and black leather jacket. She had long, wavy, dark hair and a backpack slung over one shoulder. "My name is Faith Lehane and I'm looking for my sister."

"Lilian," Rose said.

"Yeah that's her," Faith said.

"Okay I will take you there in a minute," Rose said.

"Why not now?" the look on Faith's face became stern.

"I want to know what happened to my girlfriend," Denny said.

"I'm not..." Willow tried to talk, but was interrupted.

"I will tell you if you would just step over here," Alan said.

"Why can't you just tell me here," Denny demanded, his hands never leaving Willow's arms.

"Why can't I be taken to my sister now," Faith said.

"Stop," Rose yelled getting not only the attention of the 4 people around her, but also half the hallway. "Olivia go sit at them chairs," Rose pointed to 2 chairs sitting outside a room. "Denny you go sit over there," she pointed to chairs that sat three doors down from the seats Willow was to sit at.

"But," Denny tried to protest.

"Hush and do it," Rose snapped. She didn't really seem like someone you should mess with so Willow and Denny did as they were told. "Ms. Lehane stay right there and I will be with you in a minute. Alan over here now," she snapped and walked towards the end of the hallway. Alan followed. When they were out of ear shot Rose stopped and faced Alan.

"What is going on?" Alan asked.

"You know that women that was brought in by that homeless looking man earlier?"

"Yes," Alan said pointing to Faith. "Lilian Lehane."

"Yes well something odd happened. She woke up today talking about a car accident and her son."

"What accident? What son?"

"My thoughts exactly," Rose said. "Then I called her Lilian and she said 'Wait what did you call me?'"

"Isn't that what..." Alan slowly pointed towards Olivia.

"Yes it is what Olivia said. Don't you think it's kind of weird that Olivia slips and hits her out and is out just a couple minutes before a man brings a women in who is unconscious also. Both women then wake up around the same time and neither know who they are? Olivia seemed shocked about wearing a nurses uniform and having a boyfriend and Lilian thinks she has a son and was in a car accident."

"Rose," Alan put his hand up. "Lilian is doped up on drugs and as far as we know Olivia has lost her memory. I'm sure you are just looking to much into this. Now I am going to explain to Denny what is going on and you take Faith to her sister."

"But Alan," Rose said, but Alan put his hand up again.

"Now," he said and walked back down the hall towards Willow and Denny. Unknown to Alan and Rose, Willow, who was sitting closest to them, had heard everything they just said.
--------------------------------------------
Tara sat in her bed trying not to panic. She knew it wasn't working to well. She had quite a few dreams about Lily and she didn't understand why. And now here she was. In a hospital. As Lily. How did that make sense. Where was she? Where was Jace? How did she get here? Did this mean Lily was walking around as her now? How could she...

"Lilian?" Rose came slowly walking into the room. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," Tara said staring at her hands. She didn't want to see Rose. Or anyone.

"Your sister is here." When Rose said this Tara's head snapped up. There stood a Rose with a women next to her.

"Hey," the girl said.

"I'll um leave you two alone," Rose said. She walked out of the room.

"Um hi," Tara said.

The women dropped her bag on one of the chairs in the room and looked around. "Awesome place you got here," her voice sounded sarcastic but Tara tired not to take it personally since 1. she wasn't the person this girl thought she was and 2. she didn't actually know if the girl was being sarcastic or not.

"Oh it's great," Tara said.

Faith let out a snort laugh and faced Tara. "What happened?"

"Trust me," Tara leaned back on her pillow. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"The nurse said you seem to not know who you are and you kept talking about a car accident and your son?" Faith said this sentence slowly as she walked over to the window in the room. Tara didn't say anything. She just sat there and looked back at her hands. Faith turned to look at her and sighed. She sat down on the air and heat unit under the window and looked at her sister. "What made you think Logan was with you?"

"What?" Tara looked at Faith.

"Logan," Faith said. "Your son. You haven't even seen him in almost 2 years..."

"2 years," Tara said.

"Yeah two years. I just don't get it," Faith stood back up. "All a sudden you think of him and care about him. You haven't seen him or called him. You just missed his sixth birthday. He looked at me and asked me if I've heard from mommy. I couldn't even tell him that mommy hasn't even talked to me. When are you going to grow up," Faith snapped.

"I..." Tara said.

"No," Faith put up her hand. She put it back down. "I have worked hard to get clean. You said you were gonna do it with me. That we were in this together, but you abandoned me just like you abandoned Logan. You are the older sister and I am the one with more sense," the anger in the other women's voice almost made Tara cry.

"I'm not you sister," Tara barely whispered.

"Excuse me," Faith said.

Tara looked Faith in the eye and cleared her throat. "I'm not your sister. I don't even know who you are. I don't know who Logan is. I wasn't talking about him. I was talking about my son Jace. My name is Tara Maclay. I was in a car accident with my son Jace and then I woke up in this hospital and I'm being told that I am a drug addict and I have a sister and my name is Lily and now I'm being told I have a son named Logan that I haven't seen in years and I'm a bad sister," Tara couldn't help the tears that started down her cheeks.

"Wow," Faith said. "What the hell is wrong with you?" she shouted.

"Hey," Rose said coming back into the room. "There is no need for shouting," she glared at Faith. "I called you because you were the one listed in her emergency contacts in her phone. If you didn't want to see her, you didn't have to come. Yelling isn't going to help anything so if all you want to do is yell then you can just leave."

Faith and Rose had a glare down and all Tara could do was sit there and cry and watch them. Faith looked from Rose to Tara to Rose to Tara. "Fine," she snapped. She walked over and grabbed her bag then walked out without even a goodbye.

"I'm sorry," Rose said. She walked over to Tara. "Listen I..." she tried to find the way to say what she wanted to say. "I want you to tell me everything you can remember before waking up here."

"I tried," Tara said. "You didn't believe me."

"Well maybe if you really explain it, I will."

"No," Tara looked at her hands.

"Lil..." Rose stopped. "What do you want me to call yo..."

"Rose," Alan stood in the doorway. "Olivia is asking for you. She won't talk to me or Denny. She just keeps saying she wants to talk to you."

"Okay," Rose said to him then turned to look at Tara. She reached over and put her hand over one of Tara's. Tara looked at her. Rose smiled. "I'll be back soon." she patted the hand that was under hers then turned to walk out. Tara watched her go and a little bit of hope swelled up inside her.

Ash

Post subject: Re: Finding a way to Jace (updated 5/30/12)
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!

This is amazingly confusing, it's awesome!
I am really really looking forward to watching Willow and Tara dig in and try to sort out what the hell is going on.
And get some snuggles of course :)

it should be pretty easy to show the others that something strange is going on, i mean plenty of people get banged on the head and forget stuff, like who they are.
no one gets banged on the head and wakes up with new memories and skills they didn't have.

What's really awesome is that Willow and Tara get two chances to meet, in this incarnation and when they get home!

And OMG! Faith as the responsible sister! No one saw that coming!

Squee!

So many possibilities! And i can't guess what's gonna happen next, I love it! :flower

More, more! :bounce

R

My Story: Coming Home

Last edited by Azirahael on Wed May 30, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:21 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well, I would have to say that I completely agree with Azirahel.

Awesome update and hopefully there will be more soon!

Sarah

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:45 pm 

Okay so, I'm actually a little less confused than I was before. I guess I was having a hard time figuring out who was who. Now I'm just confused as to why they are there and is Tara going to want to do drugs because they are in her system and what the frilly heck is going on??!!??!! I'm relieved to see that at least someone (Rose), has a clue and thinks it's an odd coincidence to have two people who don't know who they are, on the same day, etc. Great job keeping us all on the edge!

I am also wondering how you are keeping all this straight as you write it, LOL! :p

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Normally I'd play grammar cop about your use of the word "them" but I'm so caught up in the ins-and-outs here I barely notice it!

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.