The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: As You Wish (PG-13) Update! 16 May '12
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hi Delayne!

I don't know what to say . . . I'll echo Shelby's thought about Tara. To lose the love of your life and have someone around who isn't . . . but that's too simple. You have something else in mind, I know you do.

Then the children, I love them both! You write them well and they seem real to me.

And seeing alternate Willow thawing, loving these little humans who so clearly love her. :heart :love :flower

I like that Tara didn't simply cry and melt in New Willow's arms; the situation is a LOT more complex and it's fascinating, too.

Eager to see what's next!

Keep writing! :kgeek :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Yay page 2! Thanks for the feedback! I hope to reply and post soon but now they are talking about camping for work so I am going to make no promises as to exactly when.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I loved how Willow automatically started saying 'sweetie' when addressing the kids. She has a motherly instinct even if she doesn't realize it yet. Since they are sleeping in the bed together I hope they wake up all snuggled and just deal with the consequences of it later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Can't wait to read more!! :banana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 am 
4. Extra Flamey

So chapter 4 is one of the chapters that was left with some finishing and reworking to do. I was hoping to work on it while my girlfriend was out of town but I have been sick this week. I will do my best to get you it by the end of next week. If I give myself a deadline maybe the procrastination inspiration will smack me upside the head. Cheers everyone.

And sorry love_2003, but I can't even deal with the consequences of them waking up all snuggly so I am not going to write them dealing with it.

As for your chapter hint we will have some Buffy interaction and time with the kids.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

:ashamed Sorry to have kept you all waiting for so long.!!!

Azirahael: Thanks for the edit, although I don't think I've bothered to go and fix it yet. Man I've been busy....

Shelby: That is entertaining the idea of wondering if your family would figure out you weren't you. I guess when I wrote Tara's lines, especially about eye color, I channeled my girlfriend, she always notices when my eyes change. Glad you like the detail I've been working to improve with that aspect of writing.

Ariel: I'm not actually sure what I have in mind about the complexity of Willow not being Willow. These things always write themselves for me. I am glad the children seem real. I only recently have a nephew who is about to turn a year old so I don't have much experience with them, so it really makes me happy to hear that.

love_2003: Like I mentioned before, no snugglies because I can't deal with the consequences! But I hope you like where it goes anyway. And yes Willow motherly instinct is surprising to her.

ImTheOtherOne: I love your name! And you wish is granted for now, here is more to read!
----------------------------------

TITLE: As You Wish

AUTHOR: Delayne T. Buranek

RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Enter standard Disclaimer here. In Other Words, I own none of it, I use it not for profit anyway. I used to do this in hopes it would impress girls but I’m committed now so that is out of the question. But we have nothing to our name except our two dogs and you’ll have to kill me before taking them.

SETTING: Contemporary, AU (it’s so AU you get two for the price of one!)

SUMMARY: After rich and powerful CEO Willow gets an invitation for her 10 year High school reunion, she also gets a visit from a “guardian angel” to see what her life would be like if she was married and had kids.

SPOILERS: Why do I put this on here still? If you haven’t seen Buffy seasons 4-6 yet then I’m wondering why you are reading this much W/T centric fan fic?

EMAIL: dtburanek (at) gmail.com

FEEDBACK: Yes please. Post here, email me or even PM me (the latter two if there is something pretty glaring that I should go in and fix). I’ll even read “I hate you, you are horrible,” but I probably won’t take you seriously.

NOTE: Not edited very well again because I'm being kicked off the computer so quick like bunny post!

CHAPTER 4
Tara had dropped Adele off at school and took Simon to the grocery store to pick up more items for her dinner party that night. Willow was left to sleep in. It had been an emotional night and Tara partly wished she could sleep in but decided it was better to be up and distracted. Thank goodness for a busy day.

Tara was actually surprised to see Willow in the kitchen with a cup of coffee when she came in carrying a fussy baby and a big diaper bag.

"Hey, want to get the bags out of the car for me? Simon needs to be changed."

Willow carefully maneuvered in 4 reusable grocery bags that were each stuffed full and set them gently on the counter. Well as gently as one could weighed down with two bags in each hand.

When Tara came back in from cleaning and laying down Simon Willow asked. "So what exactly is this for again?" She had only managed to empty one bags and had laid out the items on the counter, not sure where they were supposed to go.

"A dinner party."

"That you are throwing?" Willow said confused, figuring she would have been told about something like that and forgetting Tara actually had mentioned something. Forgivable though as it was mentioned in passing and this Willow wouldn't have understood what 'booked a party' meant anyway.

"No, I just cater other people's dinner parties."

"And you do this often?"

"I do it enough to make extra money here and there."

They continued putting the stuff away. Actually Tara mostly put it away while Willow finished emptying the remaining bags.

"It's Xander's fault actually."

"Hmm?" Willow was reading the label of a jar of olives.

"Xander is who started this whole business. He wanted to take Anya out on a nice date but couldn't really afford much. We told him we'd help him out. Ever since then I do dinners, mostly couples and never any party over 6. And I do them when I want, when I have time. All it took was one person to ask for a vegetarian meal though and now I get more requests than I care to fill."

Willow gave a confused look. Even if it was not her Willow, Tara could still read her like a book.

"Because I cook awesome vegetarian meals apparently."

Tara continued to go through the items on the counter, creating piles and explaining what recipes she planned. Willow listened intently rather enthralled by the process. She never really cooked, food had always been brought to her.

Tara's phone beeped and she checked it, replying quick to what must have been a text message.

"Dawn and Buffy will be here in about an hour. I've got a six person party so I needed the help. And you will have Buffy to help you with the kids."

"So give me the run down on those two again. I am a little more with it, so I should be able to follow you this time."

"Okay. I met Dawn when she became my little sister. Her mother had died and her older sister Buffy became her legal guardian. We all started hanging out and you and Buffy became good friends. Dawn is in college and Buffy is a personal trainer. Any questions?"

"You mentioned the other night losing your own mother?"

"So you were with it enough to remember that little fact huh?"

"Uh, yeah. I guess I was." If Willow was honest with herself she had created a whole folder in her brain that she was filling with Tara. She was memorizing every detail so she could bring it with her whenever she went home.

There was a pause as Willow waited for Tara to give her more, and Tara not sure she wanted to.

"My mother died of cancer. Not unexpectedly but quicker than we all thought. That summer my father decided to give up the farm and we moved to Sunnydale."

Tara briefly considered if that was another thing that could have changed the course of her life. Would she have met Willow if her mother hadn't died? But on to happier subjects and back to the more relevant topic.

"You were getting overwhelmed with your upper division engineering classes,"

Okay maybe not happier and going along that path would only cause the redhead to ask more questions she realized when a look crossed Willow’s face.

"Anyway, you were super busy with classes and mine were easy and there was a volunteer drive on campus. So that's how we met Dawn and Buffy."

Willow decided not to press, even though she wanted to know especially about her own college experience, because it was clear how the blonde rushed at the end of her tale that she really didn't want to talk about it.

“So my best friends are Xander and Buffy?”

“Yes.”

“And Buffy and I will be babysitting later today while you and Dawn work?”

“Yes. Any more questions? Or is it clear as mud.”

“Clear as mud. I guess I’ll figure it out as we go along.”

“Okay I’m going to get started prepping.”

“Do you need any help?”

Tara shook her head. "This is the part where you usually spend much needed quality time with your computer. At least until Simon wakes up from his nap."

“I’ll just... I'll go watch some TV or something.” Honestly Willow was glad to be spending time not in front of a computer. Computers were her life. She used one to schedule her life, do her work on, interact with clients and employees, and it was where she got her news. It was all to and from the computer.

Willow watched the television for a little while and was surprised to see very little difference between the worlds, at least in terms of world news. It had been a few days already since she arrived and she was surprised to only now wonder about the difference. Willow then wondered about her own company. She made a mental note to look that up later.

She could still hear Tara moving about in the kitchen. The sound of boiling caught her ears along with... humming. Willow found the combined melody soothing. She could easily doze off. She actually started to but Buffy and Dawn arrived.

“Hey Willow. How ya feeling?” It was the first thing Buffy asked when she walked in the front door. Dawn went straight to the kitchen to help Tara.

What Willow didn't know was just how much Tara had been the front line of defense against the barrage of calls and texts. Buffy alone was up to 5 calls and 27 texts. Tara had answered every one. Buffy was glad to finally be able talk to the redhead herself.

Buffy sat on the couch and reached for a hug with the redhead. Tara appeared just then at the archway to say hello to Buffy. She thought at first Willow didn't like hugs when she stiffened up in Xander’s embrace. But she hugged Tara back at the hospital and was now accepting one from Buffy. Tara made a mental note to ask the redhead later. Hopefully it would go better than the Anya question the night before.

"Hi Buffy. Thanks for coming to help out."

"No prob, Tara."

"Do you want anything to drink before we ban everyone from the kitchen?"

"No thanks." Buffy said as she held up her fancy sport waterbottle that she always carried.

Buffy then turned back to Willow and repeated her question. "So how ya feeling?"

"I'm a little sore."

"Yeah, sounded like one heck of a wreck.”

"It was. I got hit hard enough that I thought I had been driving the Porsche that hit me." Willow shook her head at her lie. Well it wasn’t exactly a lie....

Buffy shook her head too. The image of Willow driving around in a sporty Porsche just didn’t fit right. She definitely fit in the beat-up Chevy or the Totally Mom Minivan.

“You driving a Porsche? You freaked out the one time I had you drive my Honda. You said it ‘drove too fast.’”

“Yeah... well.” Willow really didn’t know how to respond to that. From what she gathered from this Willow she could see that. But her own memories of speeding along the PCH with her top down and either flirting or bribing her way out of speeding tickets, just did not mesh with 'the other Willow'.

Buffy bounced in her seat. “Oh so I have to tell you about this one super hot guy who came into my gym....”

Willow listened to Buffy describe this Riley guy, ex-military, getting his masters in psychology and wanting to start a summer camp for underprivileged kids. He came into her gym looking for sponsors and volunteers and he also got himself a date.

It was a good thing Buffy kept the conversation going while Willow just smiled and nodded. That was until Simon woke up from his nap. Which Buffy immediately went to entertaining him... and continuing her stories. Time flew until Tara and Dawn announced they were leaving.

“Don’t forget to pick up Adele.”

“I will never forget my Deli-belly. You guys enjoy yourselves.” Buffy responded.

Buffy watched as Tara and Dawn left through the side door. She turned back to Willow who had taken to watching whatever cartoon was displaying on the television.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Buffy asked.

“Uh, yeah why?”

“Well...” She wasn’t sure how to say it, but the Buffy way was just to ask. So she did. “I’ve never not seen you practically make out in front of everyone even if one of you leaves just to go to the bathroom."

Willow got a deer in headlights look. "I... uh... I..." Now she looked like a fish.

Buffy then thought about it. “Except that one time.” Her eyes got wide. “Did you get in a fight? Oh my god I didn’t even think. Is Tara, like, mad at you for wrecking the car or something?”

Willow’s panic mode kicked in and she finally found words. “No... No fight. Not with the fighting. You know Tara, she doesn’t care about the car. It is just that I’m really super sore and kind of out of it. Like my memory is still fuzzy. So she is just giving me time. We’re fine really. We just need a couple few days is all. I’m sure in a few days all will be back to normal!”

Buffy eyeballed Willow a little suspiciously and then her face cleared as it finally passed through the filter and she accepted the excuse.

Then Buffy eyeballed the clock. “Oh, we should go get Deli soon. I know they took Dawn's wagon so we will take your car. Much easier than moving around car seats. And before you give me crap, yes I will keep it in the speed limit, besides that car has no vroom.”

They walked out to the car and Willow stood at the open door and stared at the baby who had been placed in his seat. For being a computer genius she sure was stumped on how in the hell you were supposed to properly and safely strap them into it.

"What are you waiting for crazy lady?"

"I don't know how it works."

"Wow you must have really been zonked. Miss OCD safety awareness, you made me pass your test five times with a hundred percent before you would let me drive Deli without one of her mothers being present."

"Like I said... My memory is a bit fuzzy."

The sound of irritation in Willows voice was strange and unnerving.

"You know what Wills, you go ahead and go back inside, maybe get some rest and I will go pick up Deli, maybe take them to the park or something." Buffy was back to eyeing Willow suspiciously and her tone matched Willow’s.

Willow did not like the scrutiny. Back 'at home' she ignored it when people looked at her with a glare that did not match what was coming out of their mouths, because what was being said was praise and suck-up. She was also not used to people telling her what to do.

However when she looked into Buffy's eyes there was no malicious intent, no judgement. It was concern. It was love. That she had never felt before either. It unnerved her more than someone telling her what to do.

And a little overwhelming.

"Yeah. You are right... I think I need to lay back down."

v^v^v^v

Buffy took her time and took the kids to the park like she mentioned.

Willow spent the time resting and dealing with the swirl of emotions and thoughts that were invading her brain. Ever since she'd arrived in this alternate universe she had encountered numerous people who cared about her. A tiny baby that settled in her arms and a young girl who gave her a kiss to make her feel better. A gorgeous woman who willing accepted a stranger into her family to help her out and a best friend who was glad to help out. A best friend who was willing to use a tone and a look that no one had ever before. At least not since highschool and certainly not with love behind it.

Adele came running into the house where Willow was resting on the couch.

“Mommy? Are you still sick?” She asked quietly when she saw the woman on the couch. She knew to be quiet because of the other day.

Willow opened her eyes slowly and blinked at the young girl a few times. No, she wasn’t dreaming. A small innocent face that looked so much like the mirror she used to look into but so different. A face full of hope and caring.

Willow nodded to the girl and then turned when she heard movement from the entryway to the kitchen. Buffy stood holding Simon who was wiggling out of her arms and reaching towards the redhead as soon as he spotted her.

In her own voice she heard in her head. ‘This is what life could be like if people cared.’

But a different voice sounded, it was her voice but different. ‘This is what life could be like if you cared.’

Willow didn’t have time to think about it more as an external voice brought her back to reality.

“Mommy, are you too sick to play words?”

Willow looked to Buffy for assistance.

Buffy caught the look and remembered her statement earlier about not remembering everything. “Deli, I am sure your Mommy is too tired to help you with your crossword book but I can if you’d like.”

Adele was very adamant though. “No only Mommy is allowed to help me play words. You know that, Aunt Buffy.”

But Willow was merely looking for a translation of playing words. Now she knew what is was she was more than willing. And clearly it was a special thing between them.

Willow sat up. “Thank you Aunt Buffy, but I think I might be well enough to play words. In fact I think I’m doing a lot better now. Go get the stuff okay sweetie.”

Adele ran over to the bookshelf. Willow got up and walked over to Buffy.

“Thank you.” She said as she grabbed Simon who was really reaching for her now that she was close.

“For what?” Buffy said reluctantly letting the baby go.

“For being a good friend.”

Buffy looked confused. She was only doing what she normally did. How that made her a good friend she did not know.

The redhead sat down on the floor with the baby on her lap and the young girl kneeled next to her with the crossword puzzle book and the pocket dictionary and thesaurus (you know just in case her Mommy needed to look something up).

Willow read the first clue.... “Friendship is about?”

Adele counted the boxes. “One. Two. Three. Four.”

“Friendship is about what four letter word?”

“Love?”

Willow glanced over to where Buffy now was taking up residence in the comfy chair and who was fiddling with her phone. She glanced at the pictures adorning the walls around the entire space of all the family and friends.

“I completely agree with that statement. Even if it isn’t correct we should totally put that down.”

--To Be Continued--

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
dibs!
Uh, yeah, i get what you're saying about snuggles.

I mean on the one hand it would be a cool and exciting adventure in love for Willow.
and on the other hand it would be 11 kinds of creepy and wrong.

It's good to see the whole gang together,
I hope that when Porche Willow finds her own Tara, she meets the scoobie gang too!

Friendship is love. Awwww! :flower

Awesome! :kiss1

Keep up the good work! :bounce

My Story: Coming Home

Post subject: Re: As You Wish (PG-13) Update! 1 July '12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Not sure how I missed this little gem of a fic. I love all the movies you referenced in the beginning. I have a very different feeling though in reading this story vs. watching those movies. In the movies there really is only one protagonist, in this there feels like there is almost a balance between two (W/T). I mean, along with previous fb'ers I never really thought about what happened to the guy in the alternate dimension in the movies, but in this story I wonder about alternate Willow and I think that's because we already care about alternate Tara. She plays a bigger role in this story than just a love interest merely because of who she is. Now that I wrote that out, I'm not sure that it makes sense to anyone but me. But I hope you understand what I mean.

I hope you continue to develop both characters and give alternate Tara even more depth than you already have. I want to know how it is that she knew Willow wasn't herself and believed her semi-crazy story about being from somewhere else. There must have been something in her past or their past together that allowed her to see this, that is beyond just love. I think for me, that's where I need to know more to make it feel more believable. I think just a little backstory here would add volumes.

Looking forward to more!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Oh this is going so well. I love the way Tara and Buffy are both being so laid back about what Willow needs. And Willow is making such good progress at realizing what should be important. I'm wondering if you're going to follow Willow when she returns to her real life and then if she seeks Tara out or just finds her or what.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Deb, yes indeed I will follow Willow until she and her Tara get their happily ever after. I even plan to do a spin-off to go over how family Willow and Tara get together (which I will sort of go over in a later chapter).

Does that sound good to y'all?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:26 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hoping you haven't forgotten about this cute story.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I am working on getting this next chapter done. Of course the two chapters that needed the most work are this one and the next one. So I make no promises but I won't abandon it like I did with previous fics. It is just life gets in the way a lot, especially when I think I should have time to myself to write but then I either never do or I am required to do something else when I do.

But yeah, update soon-ish... working on it now.

-Delayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I would love to see more chapters to this story. I love it so far, and I also love the type movie that inspired it! It reminds me of a movie my mother owns about the rich female lawyer who gets visited by a "parapsychologist" who grants her a look into what her life would be like with the man from the coffee shop. Good movie, but I enjoy the lesbian version more, especially with Willow & Tara! <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

please continue :pray it's a really good story and i would love to see more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Holy crap it has been so long let’s see if I remember how to do this. Sorry about the delay, I am no longer unemployed (yay!) and I have two jobs and my relationship is taking extra work because of the situation so I find myself with a lot less time to be on the internet.

Azirahael – Thanks as always for the dibs. As for Porsche Willow, once she gets back to her own world it will be an even more interesting ride to bring things together.

True_Love – Glad you called it a gem! I understand what you mean. There is more than one story here and that makes it interesting. I plan to go back to alternate W/T beginning, how they got together, not sure if I will expand anything beyond that. I still have a lot to do with this Willow getting to where she needs to be. I hope I get enough back story for Tara’s believability to be believable (did that make sense?), in fact there happened to be words in this upcoming chapter that address that (a little bit).

JustSkipIt – I said it before and I will say it again. Yes all Willow and Tara’s get their happy ending. I hope you enjoy how they meet (it will be a few more good chapters until then however).

Love_2003 – Nope, in fact I worked on it when I said I would and then haven’t gotten around to final edit and posting. But it will be below.

LovexxMuzik – More chapters now! I know exactly which movie you are talking about, I think that influenced me the most, however it was during The Family Man when the actual forming of the story sparked.

Willow_Friendly – Continuing! Glad to see people are still commenting and wanting more!

--------------------
TITLE: As You Wish
AUTHOR: Delayne T. Buranek
RATING: PG-13
NOTE: I’m tired of writing all the regular disclaimers and such, see previous chapters.

Also: This has been done for awhile I just haven’t had the chance to post it as when I am not working my two jobs I just don’t want to do anything. The next chapter could take even longer to get up as it is one I decided on after I started posted at the suggestion of my fans, because we can’t have a fic without Giles. So just a heads up, it could be a while. Or who knows maybe inspiration will hit and it will be up quicker than the rest of them.

CHAPTER 5

Willow sat with Simon on her lap while watching Phineas and Ferb. He might not have been old enough to enjoy the humor but Willow found herself enjoying this particular children's program way more than any others she'd seen the past few days. Tara had gone to the store and left the two alone. Willow felt it was a test, a short amount of time to see how the redhead could handle the baby all by herself.

Really, Tara just needed some time to herself. There were multiple reasons, the first being that she was used to spending the week days with just her and Simon. She normally had her own time. The second being the emotional build up of this whole situation was beginning to take its toll. Granted the day before she really didn’t spend a lot of time with Willow as everyone was asleep by the time she got home. She woke up Buffy and sent her home, checked on everyone, and finally crawled into her lonely side of the bed.

The whole time catering she was trapped in her head thinking about it. Where was her Willow? Tara missed her terribly. It was confusing to have one there but not. How had it happened in the first place. Right... some other Anya was a genie. But she really felt it was more than that. Her Mama always told her to trust those instincts that sat in her gut like a brick. That deep feeling of just knowing. She had heard more than once in her life, from Mama's friends to complete strangers on the public transportation system, that she was an old soul.

And that old soul was telling her this Willow needed help.

Tara found herself paused thinking in a pharmacy isle, that when she usually came down it was the other side she purchased items from. Based on the item her eyes came to rest on, she knew it was a sign that she need to relax and not think for a moment. She hesitated only briefly before grabbing the small box and continued her journey through the grocery store.

She would be glad when Willow went to work, hopefully tomorrow. She would be even more glad when her Willow came back.

---------------------

Willow heard Tara come into the kitchen and the sound of a paper bag being placed on the counter.

Willow started to get up to see if she needed help but Tara yelled from the kitchen "Don't worry. I got it, just stay there."

Willow thought about protesting but then the cartoon started singing about aglets. She decided to keep watching.

Tara finished up in the kitchen and came out to the living room, stopping at the couch to kiss Simon. She still found it strange stopping herself from kissing Willow.

"Hey, I am going to go take a shower. You still okay?"

"Yeah I got him."

It wasn't long before Simon was nodding off. Willow checked the clock, it was about his nap time anyway. She wrapped him up in his blanket like she was shown earlier and placed him in his crib. She was thankful he was such a calm baby. Maybe all babies were like that and what she understood from the media, and a few restaurants she did encounter children, was wrong... or bad parenting.

Willow peeked again at the sleeping baby angel face then turned and bounded up the stairs to the bedroom to go grab the laptop. She finally remembered she wanted look up the world news she had wondered about her first day and it seemed like the perfect time. As she crossed the entry way to the master bedroom, Willow was surprised to hear the shower still going. Tara had been upstairs for a while.

As Willow walked past the bed she noticed a plastic bag that Tara had brought upstairs with her. Actually mostly she noticed the opened box that laid on top of it. It was a personal massager, recently widely available at any store that carried aspirin and condoms. She then heard, although just barely but unmistakable, a moan coming from the shower.

Willow turned as red as her hair and quickly grabbed the laptop and flew downstairs.

Willow managed to use the laptop as a barrier to interacting with Tara for most of morning while she looked up world news, as it was an excellent distraction to how she had reacted. She was embarrassed and turned on and it felt so wrong and so right. So it was easier to just push that aside and ignore the blonde. But that felt really wrong too.

Tara was grateful Willow seemed to be keeping herself occupied when she finished her shower. She felt only slightly more relaxed but not really any better. The blonde went about her day and took Simon with her when she went to pick up Adele from school. Her plan was to not think for the bulk of the day and then have a conversation with Willow that night and helping to prepare her for work the next day.

The little Chevy was not far from the driveway when Willow remembered there was something more than just world news that she wanted to look up. No relevant search results came up for her own company name, so she searched the date of a Business Technology magazine that had recently printed an article on her. If she wasn’t in it who was? Maybe that would lead to who took her place.

And it did. It showed a picture of a kid named Warren Meers, talked about his program that was very similar to Willow’s first big booming program, although the date it was released was months after hers. At the end of the article were a few more pictures of the guy. In one of them the jackass was standing on front of a Porsche.

“Bastard! That is my fucking Porsche!” She yelled into what she thought was an empty house.

“Willow!”

“Mommy said bad words.”

Willow got bug eyed. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t hear you come in.”

“That is no excuse, Mommy.”

"Yes Willow. I am sorry but you will have to endure the punishment." Tara said straight faced. Willow did not know the punishment system and could not tell if Tara was perhaps joking.

She looked between the two, the little one imitating the stance of her mother who stood behind her, a hand on a hip and an eyebrow quirked. If she wasn't sure what kind of trouble she was about to get into she would have laughed at the sight.

"Punishment?" She squeaked.

"Yes Willow. You will be forced to do your least favorite of chores."

Willow waited patiently. Her own list would be any chore as she really did not do anything for herself. But when she was younger it was cleaning the fish tank. Sure she loved to watch the fish and her parents would not let her have a dog or cat but sometimes it was not worth it when she had to deep clean that damn tank.

"Fish tank?"

Willow panicked as she heard the words. Then she thought about it. She hadn't seen any fish tanks and she would have noticed one by now. Also it sounded like Tara had asked a question.... Or read her mind?

"Mama, Mommy doesn't like fish remember? On-a-count of her cousin had done mean things to them when she was younger.”

Willow certainly didn’t share that same memory. But perhaps the other Willow had the same least favorite chore as a child.

The question was however, what was her least favorite chore now...?

Tara whispered some instructions to Adele and the little girl scampered off up the stairs.

“Follow me, please.” Tara instructed Willow still holding a tone and a face that Willow could not read. It was very Headmistress. The idea of course being one that came with vivid images from videos, both mainstream movies and curtained backroom rentals, that were just plain wrong. Willow mentally smacked herself for the second time today which reminded her of why she had to smack herself earlier.... That lead to a third mental smacking for the idea which was an amalgamation of the two previous.

They entered the laundry/guest bathroom, the one Willow had taken to using mostly, that was located on the first floor. It was one that she never really used when she grew up in the house. The small shower had become more of a storage closet and she never did the laundry. Now that she thought about it, she actually wasn’t sure who had back then.

It was a very different bathroom of course. It was patterned in a traditional ocean beach getaway theme that was common for guest bathrooms. Something generic and fun. The toilet seat cover was actually a molded clear scene of swimming plastic fish.

It was Willow's turn to question. "Fish tank?"

Tara gave one of her hearty laughs, it didn't last long but rose from her belly with such glee that would make cranky old men smile. "No. But I am going to start calling it that."

It was then the real chore became obvious as from above Willow heard a noise like a cabinet opening and clothes came falling down around them. The pink Disney Princess bathing suit landed on Tara's head. Tara removed it promptly along with a sock that had landed on Willow's shoulder.

Willow's brain quickly mapped out the upstairs in relation to where they stood. It was the upstairs bathroom.

"Huh, I don't remember that either."

The girl who had dropped the clothes now peeked her head over the hole.

"Hi, Mommies!"

"Be careful!" Echoed two voices resulting in two matching surprised looks.

"Adele," Tara started in her stern Mama voice, "Close that and get down here now please."

“Yes, Mama.” The tiny voice squeaked from above.

Willow waited patiently yet nervously for the little girl to arrive. She knew she would be doing the laundry soon. Although as she waited she wondered if Tara had really thought this through. Surely, Tara would know that Willow was incapable of performing any household task, other than helping with the dishes the other night. I mean she mentioned how she was rich and didn't do anything for herself...right?

Adele arrived with her eyes lowered to the ground.

"You know better than to play around that don't you Adele?"

"Yes Mama." she nodded but kept her eyes lowered.

"And you know you are supposed to look me in the eye." Tara asked as she kneeled to the girls level. There is nothing more difficult for a parent than seeing their child do the same things they did.

The girl looked at her Mama teary eyed waiting for her punishment. 'Atleast she doesn't wince' Tara thought as she remembered a certain time in her life.

"I understand if you forgot when you were up there that you are not supposed to play around the laundry chute but you need to try and remember harder next time because mommy and I would be really upset if you got hurt. Do you understand?"

Adele's eyes started to dry as she nodded.

"Okay then. You both are remanded to the laundry room until such time that the laundry is done. Adele help your mother as this is one of those things she probably doesn't remember well."

-------------------

"Okay now what?" They had just set the washing machine to go after Adele told Willow each step.

"You tell me a story or we play a game while we wait and then we put it in the dryer."

"Do we get banned to the laundry often?"

"Just sometimes."

Willow turned around from the machines towards the cabinets. She suspected there might be games or books in there. The cabinets above the machines held the soaps, cleaners and other bad things, although Willow had noticed lots were labeled as 'green products' or pet/kid safe in some way.

Willow looked at the games and such that were eye level. The lower shelves held the books from novels to children's books to coloring books.

"Draw for me." Adele had already chosen and was holding a tablet with clean white sheets and a pencil box.

"I don't draw."

"Yes you do. You draw for me all the time."

‘Crap.’ Willow thought. ‘Too many differences between me and the real Willow.’ She could not draw a straight line or a perfect circle to save her life but she could input the correct equations to draw up anything based on lines and curves and waves. But a stick figure by hand... forget about it.

“How about you draw for me?” Willow was attempting anything to get out of having to draw.

Adele thought about it. “Okay, but you tell me what to draw.”

--------------

“You can come out now. Dinner is ready.”

“We’re not done yet!” Two voices rang from inside the laundry room, the smaller voice following directly after the first.

Tara opened the door to find the two girls on the floor. Willow sitting with her back against the washing machine and Adele on her stomach with her multicolored pencils laid out, a blue one in her hand and she colored on the sheet, her tip of little tongue poking out in concentration.

“What is that?” Tara asked.

“Our Storybook!” Adele squealed without looking up or stopping her coloring of a blue cat-like creature.

“What it is about?”

“A chinchilla, which is Adele’s current favorite animal.”

“A blue chinchilla?”

“Yes. Because her favorite color is blue.” Willow stated.

Tara just smiled at the two. She was glad they spent some quality time together. Plus her daughter’s drawing were clearly superior to Willow’s stick figures.

“Glad you had fun but time to stop and eat dinner.”

Adele pouted briefly as she sat up but quickly gathered the items and put them back where they belonged.

“We’ll finish it later kiddo.” Willow said as the girl moved toward the door.

“Kay!”

“Go wash your hands.” Tara called to the girl.

Willow stood there smiling. She had fun making up a story about the blue chinchilla who was different than the other chinchillas. They had just gotten to the part where the blue chinchilla met a green one. They’d have to finish it later.

“Oh Shit!”

“Willow!” Tara was glad Adele was out of earshot but the only way to prevent future swearing was to curb it at all times.

“Sorry, its just that we forgot to do the laundry. We got caught up in the story book.”

“Just try to change your words please. And don’t worry about the laundry. No go wash your hands so we can eat.”

Willow gave a sheepish look but headed towards the kitchen as Tara began unloading the washing machine and putting the damp clothes into the dryer. Laundry and punishment be damned, those girls had some time well spent.

-------------------

Willow and Tara were cleaning up in the kitchen, winding down for the night. The kids had been put to bed.

“Ice cream?” Tara asked bringing out a pint of Ben & Jerry’s.

“Sure.”

Tara scooped out a few spoonfuls each into the little dessert cups, put the rest of the container back in the freezer and sat down on the stool at the kitchen island.

"So do you want to go over work stuff or wait until morning."

"It can wait until morning."

They both continued eating their ice cream.

"So I was wondering..." Tara started.

"Uh-oh."

"No, nothing to worry about. I am just curious where I am in your world."

"I would sure like to know."

"Like, did I not go to Sunnydale at all or something? You know what made it different, our worlds?" Tara was mostly wondering out loud thoughts that had come into her head at times since Willow had arrived.

"I really don't remember seeing you in high school. You could have been there, you could have not. I spent most of my time in the library and I had no friends."

Now seemed like a good time to bring up Xander. It had bothered Tara how Willow would react to the man, especially since she had taken meeting everyone else with stride. "Not even Xander? Where was he?"

Willow looked like she was about to cry and Tara regretted asking. "He left me. He went to go live with his dad."

Tara remembered. Not that she had met Willow during that time but over a year and a half after he had moved back. Willow was still occasionally harassing him for leaving her when they all used to hang out.

"I guess that is the difference in our worlds. Xander moved back your Sophomore year...." Tara said. 'That couldn't have been all though right?' Tara had thought.

Willow put her spoon down in her bowl of unfinished ice cream. Teary eyed she said "I... I am going to go to sleep now since I have to get up early and all for work and stuff. Goodnight." Then she headed upstairs.

TBC

Post subject: Re: As You Wish (PG-13) Update! (*FINALLY*) 15 January '13
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:10 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!

Ok, now that that's out of the way:

Neat story, and i like the contrast between the two willows.

And i really want to know what happened with porche-Willow's Xander.
I mean, he could be dumb sometimes, but his heart was always in the right place.

Looking forward to more, whenever it gets here. :flower

R :bounce

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Yay New Update!!!!!!!!!! :bounce

I like how easily Willow is bonding with Adele and the baby and hopefully Tara will stop being distant with Willow now that they'er starting know each other better over Ice cream. And I was wondering if there'll be any insight on the other Willow and how she dealing with it?

Love this story and it's worth waiting for!!!!!!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hi Delayne Loving the story and all the elements in it from Willow trying to find her way in this alt verse to everyone trying to figure her out. nice bonding scene with Willow and Adele in the laundry room and both she and Tara getting worried over Adele when she starts to play in the laundry chute. Keep going with it and don't worry too much about being late, I need to update chapters on the two stories I'm writing, 'Red Rosenberg' and 'Sunnydale Daze' so you're not alone in having to update.

Definitely a story worth reading.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

So glad to see you back with this fic! And what is this lame excuse of two jobs and a relationship? They are so not a valid! :p Kidding, of course and glad to hear things are looking up for you:)

It's interesting to see Willow interacting and bonding with the kids, but then she turns on a dime we're reminded just how shallow and out of place she really is. Like she's just going through the motions. I'm guessing until she genuinely embraces the fact that she needs to change or actually changes, she'll never be able to get back where she belongs. I also think it would be interesting to see the other Willow and if she was put into this Willow's life. Perhaps she goes looking for Tara in that world and finds someone completely different as well?? That's my wishful thinking anyway, lol.

I'm hoping you find some time to write, because I've really missed this fic!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the update. Glad to see that Willow is becoming more comfortable being around the kids. Wondering how Willow will react when she actually goes into work.