The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rooftops
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:42 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 1
TITLE: Rooftops
AUTHOR: theKid
RATING: G
DISCLAIMER: Being but a humble lil ole writer, I own no rights to Buffy the Vampire Slayer or any character contained within the bounds of this fictional piece. I'm just taking them out for a little dialogue and description and I'll have them back before curfew, promise.
SUMMARY: Tara has something to show Willow. A little piece of fluffy fluff.
SPOILERS: Not really, but I do mention season four.
EMAIL: ionic2010@yahoo.com
AUTHOR’S NOTE: For my first post on The Kitten Board, I present a little piece of fluff for your reading enjoyment. :) If you absolutely hate it and wish to mob me, blame Sticarus, for she's the one who encouraged this.

+++

Willow stifled a chuckle and crouched lower into her tiptoe stance, following Tara who was a few paces ahead of her. Their hands were linked as they did a questionable job of creeping through the narrowly lit hallway of Tara’s dorm building. Eventually when Willow let out a tiny giggle she turned around and pulled the redhead into her arms.

“What’s so funny?” Tara’s trademark half smirk was threatening to widen as she looked into Willow’s playful green eyes.

“We’re horrible at being bad kids,” the redhead leaned up and playfully bumped heads with her taller lover.

“We’re not being bad,” Tara said matter of factly and walked backwards out of their embrace, “we’re being sneaky.”

With that the blonde turned around and resumed her previous activity of ‘sneaking’ through the hall.

Willow just watched Tara walk away, mushy feeling firmly in place. She loved seeing Tara’s playful side out in full force. It was a side of her that was fairly new to their relationship, showing itself more frequently as things blossomed between them.

Tonight, Tara had something to show her. She had surprised her with a picnic on the floor of the blonde’s dorm room. Lit by strung lights and fueled by laughter, they had shared a dinner of Indian take-away and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It was fun, it was lighthearted, and it was exactly what Willow needed. With all of the drama of the Initiative and various other little whatnots of angst swirling about the Scoobies, Willow was amazed that Tara knew exactly what she needed. She needed to be there with the other witch, sneaking around a dorm building in the middle of the night. It was like chicken soup for the soul.

“Hey, wait up,” Willow called out when she realized that Tara had made it to the end of the hall. She put a little more sneak in her step and caught up with Tara as she was opening a nondescript black door to the right.

More confused than ever, Willow cocked her head to the side and looked to the other woman. Tara poked her head inside the room and quickly turned back around, half closing the door and putting herself in between Willow and the room.

“Do you trust me?”

It was such a simple question with so many layers of implication, “always.”

Tara smiled and ducked her head slightly, that shy girl showing herself for two seconds. In that moment, Willow wanted to fist-bump herself.

“Are you afraid of heights?”

“Not unless my fall from them is imminent.” That response earned Willow one of those adorable half-smiles.

“I won’t let you fall,” with that, Tara turned around and entered the dark room.

Curiosity quickly got the better of Willow and she entered the door, following her girlfriend into the dark.

“Keep the door open for a second,” Tara softly ordered as she rooted around in the darkness.

“Gladly,” this situation just kept on getting more interesting.

In a few seconds a beam of light appeared from a flashlight that Tara had picked up. “Found it,” achievement in her voice, Willow took the unspoken queue to close the door.

Tara pointed the flashlight to the ceiling, illuminating a small black door that was built into the roof. A ladder folded up into the roof and Willow understood their destination.

Willow watched as Tara made quick work of the door, obviously she had done this in the past. The redhead wondered how many other things this woman would reveal to her about herself in the future, with excitement at the thought of getting to see all things Tara. It was one of her favorite things about the blonde; she had layers, each one giving Willow more reasons to fall for her.

“After you, Madam,” gesturing towards the ladder, Willow knew that this wasn’t the time to bring up her slight aversion towards the shaky contraptions. Ladders had brought her nothing but physical pain in the past, but she determined herself to getting over it post haste.

“You’re such a gentlewoman.” That joke got the desired response and Willow gave her amused girlfriend a peck on the lips as she passed her.

Reaching the top of the stairs and climbing onto the roof, Willow was granted a new view of the campus. Lit by lampposts and stars, UC Sunnydale almost appeared peaceful. Looking up, a brilliantly shining panorama of lights played against a pitch black sky.

A pitch black sky. Arms snaked around her and Willow jumped, startled at the contact that occurred at the same time as her realization.
“It’s a new moon,” she stated, the inference billowing in the air.

“We’re safe. Buffy is patrolling in the area, only a walky talky beep away,” a hand left her stomach to point at an area that had previously been set up. An oversized sleeping bag was flanked by two small lanterns, burning faintly enough to cast a glow without drawing attention. Sure enough, next to the sleeping bag a walky talky lay; a silent sentinel allaying any quickly drawn fears that the redhead jumped to after years of staving off perpetual apocalypses.

Tara kissed a speckled shoulder, “shall we?”

Willow was sure that she had never felt such emotion for another human as she did when Tara moved into the ring of light and turned around, beckoning her forward.

In that moment, she knew. There was no major revelation accompanying the thought; it simply felt right, like she had just become cognizant of something that she had somehow already known. She was in love with Tara Maclay.

Giddiness prevailed as she happily half-skipped the rest of the way to the cozy set up. Linking hands with Tara’s own outstretched ones, she allowed herself to be pulled down when the blonde almost gracefully lowered to the floor.

“This is beautiful Tara, do you come here often?” Willow asked as they settled on top of the sleeping bag closely together. On their backs, Earth’s corner of the universe was visible to them; dazzling speckles of light replaying history on a grand scale.

“Y-yes,” the voice paused and there she was, that shy girl, “t-this is my place.”

She said it like Willow would understand, and she did. Tara was opening up to her, allowing her into spaces in her life previously unfulfilled by anyone other than herself. This was big, and Willow recognized it for what it was; one of the happiest personal moments of her life.
Lifting herself up onto her elbow, Willow captured Tara’s attention by running her finger along her jaw and softly guiding the blonde’s chin towards her. Struck by the moment, Willow smiled and leaned over, capturing her lover’s mouth in a deeply passionate kiss. Tara’s hands migrated into Willow’s hair and they slowly broke apart after Willow’s hand found itself resting on Tara’s hip, pulling her closer.

“I love you.” Two voices merged to form one statement and recognition dawned between them.

Willow was the first to break the momentary silence. Instead of a dignified response that she’d be proud of later, a laugh escaped and turned into a fit of giggles. Tara cocked her head in first response before becoming infected with Willow’s madness.

Towards the end of their second fit of mutual giggles, Tara pulled Willow back down for another kiss. This one was meant to be intimate, sincere, and between them they reaffirmed the words they had just shared.

Post subject: Re: Rooftops
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:44 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

That was very beautiful. I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Aww, that's so sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 3
<3 You know I love it, Kid!

Glad to see you're posting. Now...ANOTHER!

-Saint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:00 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Wow, I just loved this! So to theKid - thanks and to Saint another round of thanks for helping send this to us! :applause :applause

This was fresh and tender and I just loved it. The fun of 'sneaking' and Tara's insight in giving Willow exactly what she needed. And Willow playing past her fear of climbing the ladder.

Then Tara's sharing herself and Willow seeing it, their kiss that turns to giggles then into the next kiss. :flower

Beautiful! So have to fall back on this one: keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Welcome to the KB. I'm so happy you chose to share this story with us. It was so sweet and tender and just...so damn cute. I hope this won't be the last we hear from you. So, to echo Ariel - keep writing!