The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pack (UPDATED: 2/18/13)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Title: Pack

Rating: PG-15, perhaps R later on

Author: faolan228, aka Starr

Disclaimer: Starr owns nothing! Nothing!

Summary: Sometimes, accidents happen. Sometimes, it’s someone else’s fault entirely. Sometimes, we have to go on living with those consequences. Tara, Willow, life, and love in the Sunnydale way of things.

Spoilers: None

Author’s Note: Heya, Kittens! Just something that hit me while on an 8 hour bus ride today, something that’ll give me something to bounce off on when not working on ‘Sentinels’. Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter One: Infection

“Phhhfffptptpt!”

And the award for most unattractive sound ever goes to Willow! The redhead shook her head and shoulders and repeated the sound, nervousness making itself known in the form of puffs of air forced out between her lips.

She was right to be nervous to, after what she had just put Tara through. The power was out, and who knew how long the other witch had been sitting in the dark while Willow was off with her friends doing various daring dos.

But that’s what the candle is for!’ Yes, the candle would make the perfect peace offering. Not only would it be useful in the darkness, it’d serve a metaphorical purpose too. Months of pussyfooting around each other, shy kisses shared with no actual discussion on what those kisses meant would finally come to an end, the gift of the extra flamey candle a confirmation on how extra flamey Willow herself was.

That she had chosen Tara. Chosen Tara over her first love, Oz.

Oz, who after his rescue had given her a pained look, opened his mouth as if to say something, and merely driven off without a word. It…hadn’t hurt as much as she thought it would have. Instead, it was as if a weight had been lifted over her shoulders. A part of her would always look back on their time together fondly, but belonging with Tara was just right.

Unsure of her feelings for the other girl at first, it had come up suddenly, swelling in heart til it felt like her chest would burst from it all. Tara, rushing to meet her, gasping for breath while one arm clasped her bag over the other, alerting her to what had happened to Oz. He had attacked her, and moreover, he was a sort of romantic rival. She could have left it at that, leaving him to the Initiative and the Scoobies wondering where he had wandered off to this time.

But she didn’t.

She had rushed to Willow, terrified and gasping and bag clutched to her arm like a sort of shield, because it was the right thing to do. Because even if Willow wouldn’t choose her, it still had to be Willow’s choice. Not like the werewolf who, whether intentionally or not, sought to destroy what he viewed as an interloper.

Sweet, noble Tara.

When she stepped into the dorm room, Willow’s heart almost broke at the sight of her, curled on a chair and just staring out the window, as if she thought there was no possible way Willow would choose her, as if she thought Willow’s mind hadn’t been made up long before.

“Y-you have to be with the person you love.”

Willow felt her heart clench again. ‘Why does she always act like she doesn’t deserve to be loved?’ At that very moment, Willow vowed that Tara would always know she deserved to be loved. “I am,” she said confidently.

There. She said it. Willow Rosenberg loves Tara Maclay. And there was that swelling feeling in her chest again. Oh, she was definitely going to need to shout it from the rooftops later, wasn’t she?

“N-no.”’

It felt like a sucker punch to the gut. “What?”

Tara backed away from her, bringing her arms up to wrap around herself, but stopped with a flinch. “I-I said no, W-willow.”

“But…but I love you!” Willow stepped forward, earnest and distressed and just so, so confused. Tara stepped back again, until she bumped into her desk. “Tara, please…why?”

Trapped between Willow and her desk, Tara could only look at everything but the redhead, one arm grasping the other. Somehow, Willow’s eyes travelled downward. Perhaps it was fate, perhaps it was instinct, perhaps she just knew how to read Tara so well. Whatever it was, it would continue to be a topic for debate years down the line, but at the moment, Willow could only note the heartbreak and the dropping of her stomach.

Tara’s arm, the one she had held(hid!) behind her bag earlier, the one she was struggling to lift properly, was illuminated by the candle light.

And so was the neat but bloodied bandage wrapped around her forearm.

“H-he,” Tara swallowed. “He bit me.”

Last edited by faolan228 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Pack
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Dibs!

Starr,
This is a really exciting idea. I can honestly say I never thought of it. But now that it's in front of me, it seems so obvious. It's a really interesting direction to go, and I'm very much looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:59 am 

:thud Holy Sh%t ! This is gonna be good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:25 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:applause :bow WOW This is an idea that, like BeMyDeputy, never occurred to me! I love when I find a story that goes in a completely new direction, even when it should have been obvious. The fact that, at the time, Tara already thought she was a demon will just make this harder on her. She can deal with the "It's not real yet, I'll deal with it later when it's important" mentality (one that I am very familiar with :) ) but it'll be hard now that she has the facts staring her right in her face.
On a funny side note: I am now smiling as I picture the Maclay family forcing her back home and then being completely shocked when she really transforms into a demon and rips them to sheds. Lets see them beat that out of her. I blame you for putting these dark thoughts in my head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:41 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Hm interesting. This has my attention :) Can't wait for more :)

Ash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 am 
5. Willowhand

Ooh now this is a great idea. I'm already hooked and on the 'never thought of that train.' It's a great start and I'm so excited to see where it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Yay a new fic and an interesting one at that! Willow stayed with Oz, so why wouldn't she stay with Tara? Hopefully they figure something out. I can't wait to see where you go with this!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 am 
9. Gay Now

OK, this is interesting, i look forward to seeing where it goes.
and yeah, how come no-one thought of this till now?

still want me some more Sentinels though :)

-------------------------------------------------------
“All I feel is sunlight. All I hear is music.” Willow
How i Met Your Mother - By Ariel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 pm 
5. Willowhand

BeMyDeputy Ha, thanks! I looked around for a couple of hours, just to make sure this idea hadn’t been done before. If there’s anything I hate doing, it’s rehashing an already existing story. Thanks for the f/b!

Grimm Well, that’s what I’m hoping for ;) Thanks for the f/b!

BuffyFan4ever I’d like to see the Maclay family try, too! Then they’d find out how much of a bitch wolf!Tara could be! Okay, not a funny pun.

ashcrash71590 Ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the interest/feedback!

beautiful_love I’m still marveling at the fact that it seems that no one has tried the ‘Oz bites Tara’ thing. I mean, he’s a werewolf. And he attacked her. Goodness, you’d think there’d be a million of those. I sure wish so. Thanks for the f/b!

Finey_McFine You’ve got a point. Tara’s demon-angst had always been a point of contempt for me. She knows Willow had a long term relationship with a werewolf. She knows Anya is an ex-demon. She surely knows of Buffy’s history with fang-y men, which begs the question on why she thought Willow would stop loving her for being a half-demon.

Azirahael Haha! I’m making this up as I go along, so I’m as much along for the ride as you guys are! I’m looking forward to see where this goes, too. As for my other fic, that’ll get back started once I sort through my own personal issues. So, soon-ish, I guess.

Summary: Sometimes, accidents happen. Sometimes, it’s someone else’s fault entirely. Sometimes, we have to go on living with those consequences. Tara, Willow, life, and love in the Sunnydale way of things.

Chapter 2: Avoiding Repetition

It just wasn’t fair.

Her first love left her because of the wolf in him, and now, ready to move on with someone who made her feel things she never thought she could feel so strongly, the vicious cycle was starting anew.

Willow wanted to lash out at the world and all its unfairness, kick and scream and make it hurt for all the bullshit she had to go through.

But not at Tara. Never Tara. This was not her fault.

Sweet, beautiful, soft Tara. Willow couldn’t play the victim in Fate’s cruel game when it was Tara herself who would suffer the most. Willow had seen Oz go from a quiet, gentle musician to a ravenous, primal beast and watched as each full moon slowly chipped away at his psyche. Tara, who was far quieter and gentler, why this would surely destroy her. And that was the most unfair thing of all.

She wanted to find Oz, and drag him back here, make him pay and make him fix what he’d done in any way possible. Impossible, as there was no way to contact Oz now, and even if there was, a cure was impossible. Even the so-called miracle technique he had learned in Tibet had obviously failed.

Tara choked back a sob, and Willow snapped back into reality, suddenly feeling guilty.

A minute or three had passed since Tara’s revelation, and Willow had fallen silent, her expressions showing the pain and hurt inside. Tara of course, misinterpreted it.

“I-I’ll go.” Why was she making a move to leave? Wasn’t this her dorm room? “I-I’ll leave you alone. You w-won’t have to deal with this again.”

The candle was slammed down on the desk, and Willow reached out and grasped Tara’s uninjured arm. “No,” a deep, shuddering breath. “Tara, no. I told you. I love you. We can deal with this. I chose you, I love you.”

“E-even with the w-w-w” she couldn’t say the word.

“Of course even with the wolf!” she exclaimed.

“B-but you a-and Oz-”

Willow cut her off sternly. “I never stopped loving him because of the wolf. I never stopped loving him at all.”

Tara looked down. “Oh.”

“I stopped being in love with him after he left and refused to work through our problems. I stopped when a met a certain blue-eyed witch to love even more, but I was a dummy and it took me this long to realize it.”

“Y-you’re not a dummy,” Tara murmured shyly.

“Yes, yes I am a dummy,” she said. “If…if I admitted what I felt for you outright, y’know, like a normal person, there’d been no confusion and hurt-y feelings with Oz, and you wouldn’t have gotten hurt,” Her voice trailed off pitifully. “S’my fault.”

Tara pulled her into a hug, a quick motion that meant she had powered through her shy nervousness to do so. “You’re not a dummy and this is not your fault,” she said sternly. “Okay?”

Willow sighed. “Okay. I promise I’m not a dummy, so long as you promise not to hide from me, okay? We can work through this, but it has to be together if we want this relationship to work. No brushing off problems as ‘wolf stuff that I can’t understand’,” she sighed and leaned forward, forehead pressing against the other witch’s. “Keep me involved. We can get through this, Tara, but please…don’t hide from me.” Oz had done so to her and it had hurt. But Tara? If Tara did the same, Willow had no idea what she’d do.

Tara felt hope well up inside of her. Willow still wanted her, despite what she was becoming. It wasn’t even something she considered, hadn’t even dared hope, yet here she was. “Can…can you show me? I don’t, I mean, you know more about werewolves than I do right now.”

Willow pulled back, smiling at her though her own eyes were still red-rimmed. “We have a while to go over things. Until the next full moon.”

But then, a creeping realization settled in her bones. Hadn’t it been a full moon when Oz bit her? She turned her head to the small calendar Tara kept at her workspace. The woman in her arms tensed as well.

“T-that’s in less than a week.”

Last edited by faolan228 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Pack (UPDATED: 3/23/12)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm 

DIBS!

Agghh! Less than a week?!?! They'd better pay a visit to Oz's old cage and make sure it's still in one piece or they'll end up in pieces. :shock

I'm glad the girls were able to talk things through and that Willow vowed to stand by Tara. The fact that Tara actually asked for her help, shows that maybe her initial panic has subsided a bit and she is coming to grips with her fate. Maybe Tara will be a nice wolf and go on patrols with Buffy?? Wishful thinking?

Yay for speedy updates!! More please!!! :pray :pray

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dun-Dun-Dun!

Ruh-Roh!

And other such sound of impending doomy_doomness.

Keep it up!

R

Last edited by Azirahael on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I thought that it WAS a wolf moon? That was when Oz took her outside to prove he wouldn't change. Unless in your story he stayed for three weeks. :confused

Other than that, great story. Hopefully they also plan on telling the gang so that they don't have to deal with it completely by themselves. That would hard for Willow to keep bottled up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:24 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Oz said Willow is what brings it out of him. ALthough they did okay in the final goodbye scene. So, if Tara can learn similar techniques, even if she does have a "noe thing that brings it out," it might not be Willow. Because she and Oz aren't that much alike. Or are thye. And does evryone who learns to control the wolf even *have* a "one thing" around or about which they can't control themselves?

Oh, well, it looks like *I'm* getting ahead of *your*self here. Definitely intrigued. And defintiely, as my ex-wife might say, "sca-a-wey."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm 

I love it!....I see some bumps ahead in the road. But, our girls will brave the storm. I am so excited about this story. I've never seen anything like it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am 
5. Willowhand

A very quick update. I feel like it could be bad if they tried to take this on by themselves. But since they only have a few days they better come up with a plan fast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Starr!

This isn't fair - I've commented on YIM and forgotten that it doesn't count on the KB - so I'll say it!

Amazing idea . . I can pretty much line up with everyone else on that POV!

I love how you write their tenderness:
Quote:
When she stepped into the dorm room, Willow’s heart almost broke at the sight of her, curled on a chair and just staring out the window, as if she thought there was no possible way Willow would choose her, as if she thought Willow’s mind hadn’t been made up long before.

“Y-you have to be with the person you love.”

Willow felt her heart clench again. ‘Why does she always act like she doesn’t deserve to be loved?’ At that very moment, Willow vowed that Tara would always know she deserved to be loved. “I am,” she said confidently.

There. She said it. Willow Rosenberg loves Tara Maclay. And there was that swelling feeling in her chest again. Oh, she was definitely going to need to shout it from the rooftops later, wasn’t she?

“N-no.”’
From lovely and poignant to the squeal of brakes coming to a hard stop on someone's heart . . . Willow's heart. GREAT cliff-hanger.

Then Willow's thought process in the next chapter . . . I can hardly wait!

I know you're sick of hearing it from me - but keep writing!!! :kgeek :whip

Ariel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:15 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I REALLY like this... like really really. I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done before and I'm interested in more. Please, please, please update soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am 

Topics: 10
Quote:
If there’s anything I hate doing, it’s rehashing an already existing story.

Hmm. *looks Queen of Hearts, Flattery series* I seem to mostly rehash existing stories.

Anyway, this story makes my head go all overflow-y with what happens next. Like, how does Tara's belief in her demon heritage impact her coping with the lycanthropy? Instead of this being a point of resolution for Willow's story arc, it's the immediate start of something potentially more complicated--how does that impact her relationship with the end of season four's story arc? Do other people think about such incredibly dorky things when they read, and can we be friends?

of course, I'm thinking all these thoughts in terms of what would happen if this happened to my QoH Willow and Tara, which appear to be pretty different from your W&T. FYI, I'm pretty sure that my QoH W&T are different from everyone's; let me state on the record that isn't criticism of your portrayal. :)

Anyway, update good. Want more. May in fact have to contact you later re: a flattery piece.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Starr, really liking your story so far. I was kind of surprised that Tara so quickly resolved to be with Willow after being bitten. I thought she would have a little more hesitation about that. I guess that's just the contant angst girl in me coming out. You really ratcheted up the tension by moving the wolf moon to the next week. I'm wondering what in the world the girls could possibly do to help Tara that they couldn't do to help Oz. With your amazing imagination, I think anything is possible. Really excited for the next installment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 pm 
5. Willowhand

Finey_McFine Writing this has definitely caused me to do a bit more research on old werewolf myths, as well as canine behavior. But I promise, whatever direction I take this, W/T will have their happy ending.

Azirahael is it bad that I read that in a Scooby-doo voice? Various sounds of ‘Ru-oh!’ and such. Thanks for the feedback.

BuffyFan4ever OMG, I actually had the episode playing in the background WHILE writing the two chapters, so I have no idea, nor excuse, for missing that. Thanks for the catch! Still, taking the story as it goes along, gives me a chance to switch things up a bit. You catching that mistake lead me to making it into a bit of a gag, hence the hopefully lighter tone of this part. Much thanks to you!

DaddyCatALSO Everyone has a trigger, don’t they? Some have a tighter rein on it than others, but we’ll see.

Grimm Lots of bumps. Road bumps, vampire bumps, sexy lady bumps, etc. Whatever bumps, our girls will power through.

beautiful_love Yeah, a lot of the really bad stuff on the show happened because of one keeping secrets from the other, and it’s a trope that definitely grinds my gears.

Ariel I’m glad you like Tender!Willow and Tara. I’m so used to writing them as horndogs, or awkward teens, or awkward teen horndogs that I sometimes feel out of touch writing their more quiet loving sides.

Babbles Were!Tara greatly appreciates your liking, and hopes you continue to enjoy!

BeMyDeputy It’s cool that other people think the same weird things I do. I’m taking this story as it goes along, so it’s easier to fit things in here or there. But, we’ll have to wait and see how Tara reacts to the demon thing overall, won’t we? And why yes, it’s always a pleasure to make friends with a fellow Cali Kitten!

True_Love Willow can be kind of pushy like that. But at this point, the fact that they both love each other is acknowledged, and Willow definitely knows more about werewolves than Tara does at this point.

NOTES: Special thanks to Ariel, from who’s forehead I am constantly bouncing ideas off of, and BuffyFan4ever, who triggered the (I hope) lighter tone of this particular chapter. Now, this was originally the first half of a larger chapter, but the second half does better standing on it's own.

Chapter 3: May Day

One second.

Two.

Three.

Time seemed to stretch on as they stood, as if paralyzed’ staring at that little calendar. It was clearly shaping up into one of those ‘one thing after another, Willow can’t get a break’ kind of weeks. All sorts of plans flitted through her head.

They still had Oz’s old cage in that crypt. Willow could free up her schedule for the next few nights, keep her company during the changes. She had the books they consulted during their first were-scare, too. Nothing that Willow herself didn't already know, but perhaps Tara would appreciate reading the information.

Wait a minute…’ Willow stared, not quite believing what she was seeing. “It’s May,” she croaked.

Tara seemed to deflate in her arms. “Oh my god,” she breathed.

“It’s May,” Willow said again, hysterical laughter creeping into her voice. “It’s May!”

The calendar said ‘April’.

“Praise the goddess,” the blonde muttered. “It’s May.”

Shoulders shaking, the two witches leaned on each other heavily, hysterical laughter wracking their bodies, Willow repeating ‘It’s May!’ again and again, all in various tones of voice. “I swear, I’m gonna get you one of those digital alarm clocks that display the date, too! I can’t believe you haven’t changed the calendar page!”

“Schoolwork! Lots of schoolwork!” Tara sputtered.

Willow slapped her own forehead. “And it was a full moon a couple nights ago, too!”

Tara shoved her shoulder playfully. “And you couldn’t have remembered that two minutes ago? B-before the near heart attack, I mean.”

“Sorry,” Willow grinned. “I tend to not think clearly when panicked on my girlfriend’s behalf.”

The atmosphere in the room changed. “G-girlfriend?”

Willow blushed, ducking her head and trying to backtrack. “Well, I, um..I didn’t mean to be all assumption gal or anything! But, you have feelings for me, and I have feelings for you, and I thought we were gonna be together, and I guess, Willow-brain defaults that to ‘girlfriends’.”

“Willow..”

“I mean, is ‘girlfriends’ even the right word?”

“Will…”

“Partners! Is partners good? Or is it too marriage-y? Not to make you think I’m going too fast.”

“Willow, sweetie. Calm down,” Tara placed her hand gently on the top of Willow’s chest. The effect was immediate as the redhead calmed.

“It’s just, we are together, right? You do want to be with me?”

Tara blinked. “H-how-? That’s not even a question! Of course I want to be with you! I thought you w-wouldn’t want to be with me!”

“You…you mean that?”

The blonde nodded, all trace of shyness and stutter gone. “I’m your girl, for as long as you’ll have me.”

Willow pulled her into a tight embrace. “My girl,” she muttered. “We have time, and we have resources. You’re mine to love, and we will take care of you. I promise.”

Tara pulled her lips away from Willow’s forehead. “We?”

“The Scoobies,” she said slowly. “Usually one has to be chased at least 5 times, kidnapped twice, or suspected of villainy, but I think ‘bitten by werewolf’ is more than enough of an initiation, don’t you think?”

Post subject: Re: Pack (UPDATED: 4/6/12)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:50 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!

I loved the awesome Scooby-initiation!

Wow, kidnapped twice, that's harsh!

Suspected of Villainy? who's that?

I've said it before, and i'll say it again: i can't wait to see where this goes.

I bet the other Scoobies are going to wonder what Willow's deal is, i mean, hey, dating a girl, that's different.
But dating a werewolf girl? Xander's probably going to be thinking that Willow has a thing for werewolves.
two in a row...
"So wait, you switched from wolfy guys to wolfy girls? what are you trying to say here Will?"

And if you thought Buffy didn't handle Willow's coming out well before...

I can't wait! :bounce

Go baby go! :bounce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great chapter.

Wow! I think this is the first time I've seen one of my comments make the author change the flow of a story. :grin

The way you solved the problem seems very realistic. I've had times where I know something to be true, but if I see contradictory visual evidence, it takes a while for my brain to spot the mistake. If you hadn't given me credit, I would have assumed you had meant to leave the misleading cliffhanger intentionally. (It does make me wonder how different the story was going to be though. Yes, I know I am not easily satisfied. That's one of the reasons I love Alternate Timeline fanfics. :p)

I also loved the Willow-babble about being 'girlfriends.'

Can't wait for the Scooby meeting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ok. Very sweet. The fact that they had the wrong calendar page made them think the full moon was a week away. Now they have some spare time. I hope the Scoobies are totally supportive about the ensuing gayness and ensuing werewolfdom. Both should be interesting conversations.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 am 
5. Willowhand

Sorry for the late feedback but great update. Good thing they now have a little more time to figure out what they're going to do. And more time to get the rest of the Scoobies in the loop or loops as you have here. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:38 am 
3. Flaming O

:bow i think i love you :kiss1 more please!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 pm 

Starr...nice save with the calendar mix up. :p

I'm happy that they have some time to get better prepared for the next wolf moon. I was thinking...maybe Tara could be more like a Twilight werewolf? As long as she does't morph into Taylor Lautner...all is well, lol. Anyway, short, but sweet! Glad to see they're back on track and girlfriends too!! ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Starr, loved the happier tone of this chapter. I would think it would be odd to say that based on the story that you are writing, but it it YOUR story so I know humor and the unexpected will always be a part of whatever you do. Thank you for that. I'm glad the girls now have time to figure out some kind of plan, but my heart is still breaking for gentle Tara having to turn into a werewolf. Hopefully, some mysticle spell can be found that only applies to white witches that will cure her and prevent this from ever happening. Of course, I know I'm daydreaming. Based on your title she is going to become one of many. Hopefully, it will be a nice pack of werewolves. Lol. Is that too much to hope for?

Keep up the great work and Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Starr!

PACK UPDATE!!! :bounce :pinky :eatme :party

I love this story - why? There's so MANY reasons!

Quote:
“Sorry,” Willow grinned. “I tend to not think clearly when panicked on my girlfriend’s behalf.”

The atmosphere in the room changed. “G-girlfriend?”

Willow blushed, ducking her head and trying to backtrack. “Well, I, um..I didn’t mean to be all assumption gal or anything! But, you have feelings for me, and I have feelings for you, and I thought we were gonna be together, and I guess, Willow-brain defaults that to ‘girlfriends’.”

I love quicksilver emotions from humor to tenderness to classic Willowbabble o' Love then Tara's simple and heartfelt declaration.

Your gift in marrying up horror and heart is extraordinary. Wait one more element: humor, too!

So let me run with the pack - I'm in!

Ariel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Hey Foalan, dipped into this, just wondering what the premise was and then I just had to stick around and read all the posts to date :)

It's a simply great idea. Due to lack of time I don't read much around here so I don't know if it's been done before, but it's shiny, new and original to me and... so freaking obvious!!! If no one did this before, why not? Great 'what if' type of story to pick up on. So glad that you've gone there.

Your dialogue is really nice, capturing what I like to call the 'scoobiness' of the girls (esp Willow), which automatically gives you humour and then looking at the development of their new relationship. Not sure I like the idea of Tara in a cage - for whatever reason - but then what else do they do? I do like the Willow idea around thinking Tara would appreciate the reading (I think she'd prefer an extra hug!)

You could make this fairly epic in terms of being an AU fic, but sadly (for how long we'll keep going) I suspect you're going a little to go a little faster. On the bright side, we'll get the story faster :)

Katharyn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:19 pm 
5. Willowhand

Azirahael Haha, well we can all rest assured that the wolfiness has nothing to do with it and that Willow has nothing but a yen for curvy, blonde haired, blue eyed witches of the soft-spoken type. Though, puts a whole new spin on “I’m more of a dog person, myself.” Doesn’t it? Also, what is up with your userpic? I feel guilty not knowing who that is for sure and it trips me out whenever I see it. I THINK it’s Amber, but from the corner of my eye it looks like Aly, and when I tilt my screen back it looks like one of my ex’s O_o

BuffyFan4ever That’s the great thing about the KB! Support and interaction with readers not only helps someone’s writing grow, but also how they plan things, etc. Not much has changed, other than more of a time window for stuff. It gave me an excuse for the cute scenes.

JustSkipIt Ha! ‘Werewolfdom’! I like it! Much better word than ‘lycanthropy’, which while fancy sounding, is a real life mental illness, so I’ve always been trying to avoid using that word because I’m weird like that. Thanks for the word and the F/B!

beautiful_love Yes! While Scoobies do well under pressure, giving them time will alleviate most of their fears. Or procrastinate. You can never tell with young people these days.

Vamp_Willz ooh! Love ya too for reading this! *muah!* Thanks for the f/b!

Finey_McFine I am the master of last minute fixes! Tara’s wolfy-self, as well as the title, are based off of a group I was part of years ago called The Pack, where we discussed old mythology from various cultures, real canine behavior, and some of the best horror films of the century to ‘build’ the perfect werewolf. I can’t say she’ll be Twilight-esque, but hopefully you’ll enjoy it when it comes. Also, Willow might be a tad miffed if Tara turns into Taylor Lautner 3 nights a month.

True_Love Fan/reader speculation is the stuff I look forward to the most, and you don’t disappoint! Can’t quite answer all your questions right now, but thanks for the f/b and I hope you continue reading on.

Ariel Thanks for the f/b! The horror I lend to having to deal with similarly creepy shit on a regular basis, the humor because I try to giggle the ghosties away, and I’m sure that’s definitely a Scooby thing, though the heart bit is merely a young girls yearning *sighs dramatically* Gotta say though, I’ve gotten better writing things with a bit more impact thanks to you. And yes. You’ll be thanked in every chapter of everything I write for this fandom forever.

Katharyn Dialogue has always been something I’d struggled with, and continue to even now. Most times, I write the Scoobs the way I’d talk, because hey, we’re all Cali teens, so at least anything that comes out will be legit vernacular and not a total, mondo spew of word vomit.

Quote:
Not sure I like the idea of Tara in a cage - for whatever reason

Somewhere in an alternate universe, go-go dancer Tara is having the time of her life. And might I say, I feel positively giddy with girlish glee because the author of the first Buffy fic I’d ever read has read part of my fic?

Special thanks: Ariel yet again, for patiently talking me through a block, and also for Wendy, and also Tara’s delicious coffee.

Chapter 4: As Nature Intended

The Espresso Pump was uncharacteristically slow today, with only two other tables filled and one guy, Ernie, manning the till. “Ernie’s a sweetheart,” Willow had said. “He always makes sure to greet the regulars by name!”

While she waited at the table, Tara brought her hand down to itch at her bandage. It was annoying, really. It wasn’t even the type of itch that could be relieved with a good scratching! Oh no, it was the kind of itch that came with slow healing and, knowing from experience, inevitable scarring.

The advanced healing factor of a werewolf, she had been disappointed to hear, did not apply to the initial wound. It was some odd magic that Willow could not explain either, though the redheaded witch theorized that it probably functioned as an identification marker for werewolves at some time or another.

Oz had been bitten on the hand by a little cousin, and so his scar was small and fairly unnoticeable. Sadly, he had not treated Tara in kind. The wound on her arm didn’t so much resemble a bite as much as it did a scratch. Oz had not chomped on her. He had caught her under the elbow with a fang, and cut her open from elbow to back of wrist as she pulled away.

Willow had fussed over it as she changed the bandages before bed.

Perhaps if the situation had been different, if her day hadn’t been so emotionally and physically draining, and perhaps if Tara was sure what kind of touches could or couldn’t infect Willow with lycanthropy, their night would have been full of incessant lovemaking. Sadly, that wasn’t the case.

Instead, Willow had spooned up against her in that way that was so uniquely Willow. Her legs wrapped around Tara’s own, chin resting between breast and shoulder, head angled for optimum snuggles while at the same time glaring balefully out the window and whatever nasties crept beyond it.

Mine.’

Tara never felt safer.

Woken by the rising sun peeking through the window, Tara had crept from under Willow’s embrace and slid to the floor, ready to start her morning meditation. As a natural witch, Tara had a deep connection with earth and nature. Whereas Willow(and most Sunnydale witches, now that she thought about it) cast spells of the flashy nature and summoning things from the ether, Tara was of a softer sort. Prayers and enchantment for safety, charms for protection, things like that. Even the ‘smokescreen’ spell she had used against Jonathan’s monster was an act of merely condensing the air around her into a fog.

It was only a manner of channeling that earth energy and bending in the direction you wanted it to. Before meeting Willow, her morning meditation and energy channeling was her favorite part of the day. She’d delighted in the feel of being reenergized, as well as the sensations that washed through her. The tickling of a blade of grass, the coolness of morning dew, the trickling of a stream, shade under a tree, a cool breeze, the moon illuminating the dangers of the night, and the warm sun as it glinted off of the red-gold hair of her lover all told Tara of the gifts Mother Earth provided her with, gifts she utilized more and more now.

Crossing her legs, her eyes fluttered shut and she let her own energy meet that of the earth’s.

Tall, brambly grass, itchy and abrasive but providing good cover. Shaking but wide awake and energized by last night’s rain. The roar of a nearby river, the difference between life-giver and death-bringer just a slip of paw. The hollowed out underside of a large, dead tree. The howling wind as it whipped around her. The sun, its oppressive heat bearing down. The moon, it’s silvery light casting aglow The Mate’s pale face…

Tara’s eyes snapped open with a gasp, and she stumbled backwards and tried to stand at the same time, crashing into her dresser and waking Willow, who shot up with a flailing of limbs and a snort.

“Whu-whazza..Tara?” Alert now, she rose to steady her girlfriend. “Baby, are you okay?”

“Y-yeah,” she drew in a shuddering breath. Rather than a cool, tingling, energizing feeling, she felt as if she had chugged a bottle of ice water on an empty stomach. Not at all unpleasant, yet at the same time not pleasant at all. “Yeah. Just…just meditating.” She tensed her body in an attempt to still her shaking, and more or less succeeded. She pulled Willow into a kiss, both as a comfort and as a way to distract her.

“Mmmmkay,” the redhead smiled, returning the kiss eagerly. “How’re you feeling?”

“W-well,”

“Argh!” The redhead slapped her own forehead. “That was a stupid question, sorry! You got nommed on by a werewolf and I’m asking how’re you’re doing? Geeze, Willow! Insensitive mu-”

Tara silenced her with an index finger pressed to her lips. “Shh.” She pulled her hand back. “N-not to bad, all things considered.” She smiled shyly. “I slept really well, though.”

Willow’s lips quirked up. “I slept really well too. Just consider me your Willow-pillow!” She paused. “Well, since I was on top of you, you’d be the pillow,” her eyes flickered down to Tara’s breasts and back up again. “I’m your Willow blankie!”

Tara laughed, a good feeling after the past 24 hours. “Well how about this, my Willow b-blankie: we freshen up, and then head for the Espresso Pump?”

“For caffeine-y goodness and baked goods?” Tara nodded, and Willow’s eyes lit up. “Breakfast date! Whoo-hoo!”

A deep pounding and a muffled voice came from the other side of the wall. “Congrats on finally getting a booty-call, Tara, now tell her to shut up! Its Saturday morning and some of us are trying to sleep!”
More pounding and muffled agreements filled the air as various occupants of Wiesman Hall’s third floor offered their congratulations or opinions.

Tara look mortified, but Willow tilted her head. “They seem more friendly than folks back over at Stevenson.”

Tara rolled her eyes good naturedly. “S-shut up, Wendy!”

Willow’s jaw dropped, and giggling, she and Tara threw clothes on and rushed out.

And that led her to now, here at the relatively empty Espresso Pump waiting for Willow to come back with their order. Tara focused on her fresh bandage, fiddling with the edges.

A shadow fell over the table as a figure invaded Tara’s personal space, the young witch tensing as she felt the sudden surge of power behind her.

“Hey baby,” a returning Willow said cheerily. “I got my usual mocha for me, and a half-hot-chocolate-half-Brazilian-with-a-shot-of-hazelnut for you and oh! Hey Buffy!”

“Okay,” the wide eyed Slayer said. “Who cut up my best friend’s honey and do you need me to go all Slayer on them?”

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."