The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pack (UPDATED: 6/3/12)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:25 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
dibs!

Yay Buffy! I love when her overprotective streak works for her, rather than against her!

Starr you win a frikkin' prize!
i'm all extra flamey over here and no one has ever asked me about my avatar. i wondered if everyone knew, or if there was some unwritten community rule about not asking people about their avatars.
Which i broke cos i asked Kajun about hers.
it's a horse.

The avatar is both, it's what Willow and Tara's child would look like :)
what's especially weird is that the pic gives me the wiggins, because the face is almost exactly like mine when i was younger. it's kinda like looking in the mirror. made worse because *cough* i'm a guy.
When i was a kid, in fact up to the age of 20 or so, people would ask me if i was male or female.
Wish i realized i was gay-ish back then, i would have had soooo much more fun.

Good chapter, enjoyed the introspection.
I'm looking forward to finding out what the wolf visions are. Connecting to another wolf? race memories? the 'Spirit of the Wolf"? who know! and i look forward to finding out.

You now have a special place in my heart, because you asked :kiss1
don't keep me hanging now, hear? :flower

R

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ok, this is weird. Are you the psychic or am I? I was catching on 'Teen Wolf' today on Hulu since all of season 1 is free before the start of season 2, and it dawned on me that the Tara-werewolf fic hadn't been updated in a while (couldn't remember the title at the time). Then, when I decide to do one final KB refresh before bed, I see that it's been updated!! YAY! :applause Great surprise.

I loved the image of Tara wrapped up safe in her 'Willow-blanket.' Very cute.

Can't wait for the revelation, first to Buffy, then the rest. Do the others know about their relationship, or are they still clueless?

Can't wait for more. I'll wait for a while before using my mind to influence you again. Can't use my new power too often. :)

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

Buffy: Hi. Willow right?
Willow: Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?
First sign of adorable Willow "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hi Starr,

Update on PACK!!! :pinky :bounce :party :eatme

The details totally work,
Quote:
Oh no, it was the kind of itch that came with slow healing and, knowing from experience, inevitable scarring.
in that one sentence you lay out detail about the wound and Tara's history of abuse.

Love this detail about magic:

Quote:
As a natural witch, Tara had a deep connection with earth and nature. Whereas Willow(and most Sunnydale witches, now that she thought about it) cast spells of the flashy nature and summoning things from the ether, Tara was of a softer sort. Prayers and enchantment for safety, charms for protection, things like that. Even the ‘smokescreen’ spell she had used against Jonathan’s monster was an act of merely condensing the air around her into a fog.

It was only a manner of channeling that earth energy and bending in the direction you wanted it to. Before meeting Willow, her morning meditation and energy channeling was her favorite part of the day. She’d delighted in the feel of being reenergized, as well as the sensations that washed through her. The tickling of a blade of grass, the coolness of morning dew, the trickling of a stream, shade under a tree, a cool breeze, the moon illuminating the dangers of the night, and the warm sun as it glinted off of the red-gold hair of her lover all told Tara of the gifts Mother Earth provided her with, gifts she utilized more and more now.
You make magic tangible while keeping the beauty. That makes it more real, brings it excitingly into my world!

Quote:
The roar of a nearby river, the difference between life-giver and death-bringer just a slip of paw. The hollowed out underside of a large, dead tree. The howling wind as it whipped around her. The sun, its oppressive heat bearing down. The moon, it’s silvery light casting aglow The Mate’s pale face…
This is primal poetry . . . really connect to it! You imagine an animal world clearly. Saw your response to Deb's comments, like the idea of canine behavior entering into it. Less ugly monster, more wolf I'm hoping.

Complications . . . fear . . . and belligerent Buffy reaching out to help - yay for the Slayer! :applause :applause :applause

Eager for more . . BRING IT!!! :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:04 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Geez, Julie said it all for me. Can I just say, "ditto" ?

Really loved this chapter, Starr. Great use of discription and imagry. You pulled in some sensory details, that's always great and threw in some backstory to boot. I know I've told you this before, but I want to say it again just so everyone knows how much I love your style. It's fresh and unique and just a pleasure to read no matter the subject. Thank you for that.

I'm hoping that part of lycantropy is really based on the person bitten and somehow Tara will still exude her gentle nature even in wolf form. Maybe even carry over some of her maternal instincts and become an alpha female of the pack. That would be pretty cool. You know I love throwing out conjecture, but what's a girl to do in these circumstances? Gotta hope for the best, right?

Can't wait for more!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:40 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Azirahael haha, so basically you used to look like one of my ex girlfriends? That’s kinda awesome, actually. Anyway, what Tara was seeing is the same stuff she’s always seen in meditation, except more primal. Harder. But there’s still a beauty to it that only an animal can appreciate.

BuffyFan4ever I have a similar power, but it only works on a Legend of Zelda fanfic that gets updated maybe once every two years. But each update always happens after I think about it.

Ariel MAGIC IS MY FAVORITE THING CAN YOU TELL? Glad you like it! As for the wolf, we’ll see.

True_Love Keep your guesses and questions coming, they delight me so!

Title: Pack

Rating: PG-15, perhaps R later on

Author: faolan228, aka Starr

Disclaimer: Starr owns nothing! Nothing!

Summary: Sometimes, accidents happen. Sometimes, it’s someone else’s fault entirely. Sometimes, we have to go on living with those consequences. Tara, Willow, life, and love in the Sunnydale way of things.

Spoilers: None

Chapter 5: Presented to Alpha

Willow opened and closed her mouth. She had honestly not been expecting Buffy here at this hour, let alone having to speak with her about Tara’s problem so soon. “Um, well, you see…”

The Slayer smirked. “It’s alright if I call her your honey, right?” She turned to Tara. “Is that alright? It’s just, Oz obviously went bye-bye last night, and here you two are. Together. In the morning…” she trailed off awkwardly.

Tara blushed and ducked her head. “If it’s alright with Willow.”

“Of course she’s my honey!” Willow exclaimed a little too loudly. “My honey Tare-bear, my boo, my fuzzy-wuzzy pookie-” she stopped immediately, as if suddenly remembering exactly how ‘fuzzy-wuzzy’ her girl was going to be. The Slayer lifted her hand, laughing softly.

“Okay, you Sapphic Casanova you, we get it. Willow D. Rosenberg’s a smitten kitten.”

“And damn proud of it, too!”

Still smiling, Buffy turned to the other blonde at the table. “Wow, Wills got all chest-puffy twice in under five minutes. You, Miss Maclay, must be one inspiring chica.”

“I try,” she said, smiling shyly through her hair.

Seeing her best friend and her gal make small talk for the first real time, Willow’s first instinct was to hover and fret. Still, she saw this as the opportunity it was, for the two women closest to her to get to speak. “Hey, Buff, want me to get you a coffee?”

The petite Slayer brightened. “That’d be great Wills!”

“Alright, alright,” she said as she turned towards the counter. “What was it again? Strawberry, caramel…”

“Raspberry vanilla mochachino!” She turned to Tara with a wry smile, puffing her bangs out of her eyes. “I swear, we’ve been best friends for over 4 years and she still can never get it right.”

Tara’s small, shy smile widened and her heart swelled. What did it mean, then, that Willow had hers memorized by the second coffee date?

The two lulled in an easy silence, as Willow headed to the back of the line that had begun to form at the café register. Far enough to not seem overprotective, close enough to intervene should Buffy do something embarrassing. Buffy sighed. “This is ridiculous.”

Tara jumped in her seat a bit. “S-sorry?”

“Oh, no! Not you! I meant,” Buffy waved her arms, gesticulated some sort of abstract idea or paradigm that was all lost to Tara. “You’re like, my best friend’s gal. We should have more to talk about, yeah?”

Tara twiddled her thumbs. “I um, I like your shirt?”

Buffy laughed, once but true, and caused Willow and several other patrons look over in alarm. When she had calmed, she seemed more relaxed. “I heard about what you did. Yesterday, I mean. How you went to get help, even after Oz attacked you.”

“I-It’s not that big o-of a dea-”

“It was very kind. And very brave.”

“I-I,” she took a deep breath. “I just did what any decent human being would do.”

“In Sunnydale,” the Slayer said, the weight of the world seeping into her voice. “That’s a true feat.” Then, it was gone. “You were the one who figured out the whole Faith-and-me switcheroo too, right?”

Tara nodded.

“Thanks for that. I just realized I never thanked you for that.” A goofy smile. “I’m not always this rude, I swear.”

Willow returned with Buffy’s coffee, the Slayer giving another enthusiastic thanks. The redhead slipped into her seat, sliding her chair until she and Tara sat thigh to thigh. “No swapping of embarrassing Willow-stories, I hope?”

“W-well, I don’t have any.”

The redhead smiled adoringly. “You’ll have loads soon enough, promise.”

Buffy have happy little squeak. “Wills, I know we haven’t had much best friend time in a long time, but I’m glad I ran into you guys this morning.” She took another sip of her drink. “I wanna fix that. I wanna know you, Tara. And I wanna let you both know I’m happy for you.”

Tara’s heart swelled, and for the first time she saw Buffy not as the Slayer or as an abstract figure in Willow’s life, but as an actual girl reaching out in friendship. “T-thank you.”

Willow was equally delighted, bringing both her hands up and curling them into fists before splaying her fingers out. Unsure where to place them now, she reached down and gripped Tara’s forearm.

The witch let out a pained hiss, and Willow jerked back apologetically.

Buffy’s eyes narrowed. “Hey, you guys never answered my question! What happened?”

Willow blanched. “It’s a long story.”

Tara decided to be honest. “Oz bit me.”

“Okay, maybe not so long.”

The expression on Buffy’s face was unreadable.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

Post subject: Re: Pack (UPDATED: 7/24/12)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 am 
8. Vixen

Dibs?

Well lookie there...

Anyway, I've been reading this all along. It's such a cool "what if" premise that I've never seen done in quite this way. I'm also reading your other stories too, but I kinda suck at leaving feedback.

You definitely had the rhythm of conversation down this chapter, and am looking forward to Buffy's response. I only wish this chapter had been a bit longer. :)

- Heather

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Please don't let Buffy go all "Papa Slayer".

Still digging the story Mucho!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:27 am 
5. Willowhand

vampyregurl73 Thank you! I actually practice the conversations out loud, in front of a mirror, in varying tones, until I get it the way I like and write it down. Dialouge is a big deal for me, and I try my best to get it down pat. If you got any advice you'd be willing to pander, I'd love to hear some. Love your stuff.

Grimm But Papa Slayer is the best! D: Glad you're digging it though1 :D

Summary: Sometimes, accidents happen. Sometimes, it’s someone else’s fault entirely. Sometimes, we have to go on living with those consequences. Tara, Willow, life, and love in the Sunnydale way of things.

Chapter 6: The Alpha's Duty is to the Pack

NOTE: I apologize for the first paragraph. Merely a reminder of who's writing this and all, xD

To say that Buffy exploded would be like saying Hiroshima and Nagasaki were merely blips, and Chernobyl a bubbly fart of a particularly saucy giant. Actually, the bubbly fart metaphor was a far better one, Willow decided. There was the awkward silence as the Slayer's expression gave a sense of 'will she, won't she?'(explode, not fart), the slow rise as her face contorted, and the loud noise as she shot to her feet, slamming her palms onto the table.

Tara flinched, ducking her head and trying to look as small as possible. And it had been going so well, too. Willow's friend had been on the path of accepting her as a part of Willow's life, and now it was ruined. Perhaps it was for the best. The best friend knew better than anyone what sort of suffering Willow had gone through in giving her heart to a werewolf, and Tara knew better than to assume the legendary Slayer would abide by that yet again.

'Maybe she'll slay me,' she thought bitterly. 'Way better than having Willow and suddenly...not.' She reached down, giving the redhead's knee one last loving squeeze before they were to be undoubtedly separated.

“That little prick!” Buffy screeched, turning the heads of several customers. Willow's knee jumped in her hand, and Tara looked at the Slayer with no small amount of surprise and trepidation.

“E-excuse me?” Tara wanted to clarify, and Willow was of no help, gaping like a fish.

Buffy flung her arm, the perfect image of an Indignant Woman. “What was it, some sort of 'If I can't have you, no one will' thing?” she asked, gesturing to Willow, and then Tara's arm. “Or,” her eyes narrowed dangerously. “Was this is his attempt at putting an ironic twist on things? 'Girl leaves werewolf, only new love is also a werewolf'? Ugh, choke on a capo, guitar boy-”

“No!” With both sets of eyes suddenly on her, Willow blushed, ducking her head in a very Tara-esque manner. “I mean...” despite choosing Tara over him, and despite all that he'd done, she didn't want the werewolf to be painted in such a light.

“N-no,” Tara intervened. “He um, he smelled Willow on me and he Changed,” the way she said it implied that 'changed' was capitalized. “The wolf chased me.”

Buffy took note that she said 'the wolf', not Oz, or even 'he'.

Tara didn't blame him.

The witch ducked her head self-depreciatingly. “I wasn't fast enough.” Willow raised her hand, caressing Tara's cheek with the back of it.

“It wasn't your fault,” she whispered. “Never, ever, ever.” She sucked in air. “If anything, it's my fault.” Her girlfriend whirled to face her, eyes wide. Willow held up her hand to stay her beloved's protest. “If...If I had been upfront about it, about us....” she trailed off, not sure where her logic and self-blame were leading her.

Buffy had read, and yes she indeed read, of couples who looked at each-other and the whole world around them vanished. She liked to think she had it with Riley, and perhaps with Angel, but to witness it from an outside perspective? In a show of solidarity, Tara had mirrored Willow's earlier face caress, and the redhead melted under the blue-eyed gaze.
Buffy let them carry one in their own little world for a little while before letting herself interrupt. Reaching out, she clasped Tara's uninjured forearm. The witch jumped, snapped out of her reverie, eyes momentarily wild at the unexpected touch. However, once realizing it was the Slayer, she calmed.

“I'm sorry,” Buffy said sincerely. “From what I've seen, and what Willow's told me, you're sweet. You don't deserve this. No one does.” Willow stared at her best friend, tears welling in her eyes. “I'll do anything I can to help you two out, alright?”

Tara was speechless. She had heard of Buffy's heart and kindness from Willow, but to be on the receiving end of it? This sort of easy conviction and acceptance that she'd found nowhere else but with her mother and Willow?

She was feeling better already.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In the end, they set to work preparing Tara's cage. Oz's so called 'herbs and meditation' obviously were largely ineffective, otherwise they wouldn't be in this situation. A short debate between the two best friends on whether or not to tell the others had them deciding to keep Tara's condition on a need to know basis, and even then, only if the blonde was comfortable in telling.

They set to work in repairing Oz's old setup, Buffy turning to the heavy lifting with a gusto. All in all, she too blamed herself for Tara's condition. Maybe if she had been a more attentive friend, Willow would not have felt it necessary to keep it a secret for so long. Maybe then, they could've been open. Maybe then, Tara could have somehow not been bitten. The paths the mind took in self-blame were not linear ones though, and so she distracted herself with work.

“Ooh,” Willow husked, feeling wicked teeth nibble at her neck. They had ditched Buffy several minutes before, on the promise of returning with food, but had gotten sidetracked.

“Shh,” Tara hushed, stilling her. “N-no w-wiggling.”

Oh yes. The dilemma. When she had been with Oz, biting was a strict no-no. Wolf magic was finicky like that, the slightest puncture of skin and saliva in the blood, and you had yourself a new werewolf. When her relationship with Tara had begun, the biting had been new, something once forbidden, leaving her weak at the knees not only because of the fact that it was biting, but that it was Tara doing it.

In the advent of Tara's new condition, Willow had mourned the loss of delicious Tara nibbles, of only for the moment. Tara was nothing if not careful, and though she really should have known better, Willow-skin under her teeth was too good a temptation.

It certainly helped that Tara was suddenly more aggressive. Not scarily so. In fact, it was rather subtle. Willow, usually the instigator, was more often finding herself cornered and nibbled upon, lusty kisses all over her face and neck and shoulders. They hadn't gone much further than that, despite wanting to. So the kisses sufficed.

Willow wasn't complaining.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All in all, it was a pretty good setup.

For a cage, that is.

Willow, in a desperate attempt to make it as comfortable as possible for her girlfriend, had spared no expense, as far as her budget could allow.

“I think you went a bit overboard there, Wills,” the Slayer commented dryly.

Willow scoffed. “Nonsense! Just look at-”

“She's...kinda right, sweetie,” Tara was blushing, rather embarrassed, seeing as the cage was, in fact, for her.

The cage now held a rather large dog bed, special ordered to be larger than what was usually made available for most large breeds. It gave off an herb-y scent, claiming to calm dogs, though in actuality was probably there to hide the smell of puppy accidents.

Nearby was a large water bowl, blue with little white bones on it. That, Tara decided, was okay. The dog bed was the major distraction. Weak legged, she plopped down the the cot Willow set outside of the cage for herself, suddenly woozy.

This was really happening.

She was gonna turn into a dog.

Sitting there, while her lover and the Slayer admired their handiwork, Tara vomited all over the cold floor.

Willow whirled with a gasp, horrified.“Baby!”

Buffy winced as the scent of it hit her sensitive nose. “You um, want me to go get some of Giles' books?” she asked, helpfully.

This was going to be a long process.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

Post subject: Re: Pack (UPDATED: 10/11/12)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!

And yup, like everyone else, i am loving Buffy's protective streak!

And her interesting take on personal responsibility!

It's a very thought provoking... thought.

I can't help wonder though, if Lycanthropy is that easy to get, how come it's not 'Buffy the Werewolf Hunter?'
It would be like a hairy zombie epidemic.

Vampires are at least semi-smart, and can just make corpses if they wanted to.

This is not a criticism of your story, more a canon-crit.

I must admit, this story is very good at looking at some of our assumptions in a new light.

Go you! :bounce

More please? :flower

Last edited by Azirahael on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:33 am 
8. Vixen

So glad to see a new update for this! Hope this isn't the only one that will be seeing an update (hint, hint :) ).

Aww, thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my stuff. That's always nice to hear. If you wanna pm me I'd be more than happy to share what works for me. I won't go into detail here since this is for you not me. ;)

I like the avenue you went with on Buffy's reaction to the news that Oz bit Tara. I also thought Willow's over compensation when outfitting the cage was both sweet and cute - very Willow. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read more.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm 
8. Vixen

Great story, I like how Buffy is so great and supportive, and the details of the cage is perfect!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hooray! More Starr-Fic! :banana

- "Ugh, choke on a capo, guitar boy-” :lmao

- Nice distinction between The Wolf and Oz. Very important to keep in mind.

- Ooh, never thought of that concern before. Good thing I've never dated a Werewolf, I guess :hmm

- Heh, perfect Willow overcompensation there :lol

- And ooh, yeah, the moment when all the stress and the realization of just how big a change this is hits. Poor Tara. At least she's got the best support group for this that anyone could ask for!

MOAR! ;)

EDIT: @Azirahael: Don't Werewolves generally kill as well? At least when transformed? It's only when someone gets bitten but survives it that you get a new Werewolf, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:11 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Starr! :bigwave

More PACK!!! :applause :pinky :eatme :bounce

Liked the W/T world they escape to . . . and Buffy noticing it. And yes, "Choke on capo, guitar boy!" was brilliant!

And the cage . . . I imagine Willow shopping for collars but then discarding the idea . . . something she'd never share with Tara. And yes, the homey cage, tastefully scented. :lmao

VERY eager to see where this goes - fresh idea and your writing style still amazes.

Thanks and, as always, keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am 
5. Willowhand

Azirahael - I actually have a very long and thought out response concerning your werewolf question, which will be addressed later on. Basically, those who are born werewolves can by and large control themselves. Bitten wolves, or born wolves who don't care, will go after humans. More often than not, said human is ripped to shreds. Remember, they're pack animals. Despite what we've seen thus far, you're more likely to run into a pack than just one, so people surviving to turn is rarely an issue. Then there's in-fighting between wolves for dominance, territory, etc. Then there's other demons, either also competing for food or who consider the wolves food. Werewolf hunters, too. Heck, some packs of born werewolves might go out of their way to find and exterminate bitten wolves to keep the secret. Just like in the wild, the world is hard for a pup. Hope that explained some stuff.

vampyregurl73 - Buffy seldom gets enough credit in most fics, I don't think. She's Willow's best friend, yeah, but I like seeing her as Tara's friend, too.

taranwillow4ever - Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, Willow wouldn't let her girl stay in a dirty, stinky cage, would she?

TinyPurpleFishes - You asked for more, and so more you shall have. Your wish is my command, m'dear ;D

Ariel - Ha! You and I both know collars will come in sooner or later, with the way I write these two! Thanks for the F/B :D

Chapter 7

Tara frowned, staring down at the food in front of her. Her recent upchuck had left her stomach empty, and Willow had herded her like an overprotective collie to find something to eat. She really wasn’t a fan of fast food, or of beef processed into flat disks of the patty persuasion, but at the moment, the scent of happy California cows on the grill made her mouth water.

Willow had outright refused to go to the much closer Doublemeat, instead insisting on treating her baby to a real California treat. Buffy, of course, enthusiastically agreed, saying that Willow would be paying as payment for the Slayer’s hard work in cleaning the crypt and repairing the cage these past few weeks.

And that’s how they ended up at In-and-Out Burger, in a far corner booth.

“Okay,” Willow came bouncing back to the table, a tray of food on each arm. “I got you a regular, with a side of jalapeños, fries, and a strawberry milkshake.”

“T-thanks sweetie,” she smiled, and despite still being a bit shaky, her eyes lit up. Not just at the sight of Willow and her presence, but the smell of meat-y yumminess that came with her. Something within her seemed to purr at that combination.

She brought me food

“Scoot on over baby,” Willow giggled, snatching a fry. “Here, open wide. Humor me and let me do the ‘feeding my poor, sick baby’ thing.”

Provider

Feeling suddenly warm, Tara leaned closer, taking the fry into her mouth. With hooded eyes, her tongue flicked out, licking away the stray grains of salt from Willow’s fingers. Her redhead’s breathing quickened, a hitch in her inhale, and she very nearly drew those fingers into her mouth to suck.

Buffy cleared her throat. Loudly.

The two witches sprang apart, blushing furiously. Tara shoved her burger in her face, eating rather than let Buffy see her blush.

“Sorry Buff,” Willow said. “I-uh, forgot you were here.”

The Slayer waved her off. “It’s okay Will. I get it. Big love, everything gets all drowned out. It’s actually really cute.”

The clatter of a tray caught their attention, and they looked to see Tara, staring at her now empty tray with astonishment. “Done already, baby?” Willow asked, stunned.

“It…it was a good burger,” Tara murmured, as if she still couldn’t believe the speed in which she had devoured it.

“Even I can’t eat one of those that fast,” Buffy noted admirably. The whole thing, too. The girl hadn’t even left the sort of carnage on her plate the way Xander would’ve. Every bit had been eaten. Tara flushed, ducking her head as she picked shyly and her and Willow’s shared fries.

“Do you want me to get you another one, Tare?” She nodded at her girlfriend shyly, even though her smile was grateful.

What’s happening to me?
___________________________________________________________-

Hours later, Buffy walked them back to Tara’s dorm. Though their relationship was largely unconsummated, Willow had practically moved in, spending almost everynight there.

“I mean it,” Buffy had said to her, voice and face honest. “If you need anything, anything I can do, just tell me, alright?”

“That’s Buffy, alright,” Willow said warmly as the Slayer walked off. “Always willing to help ‘her people’.” She nudged Tara playfully. “Face it honey, you’re stuck with us now.”

The part of Tara, the deep down part that had always wanted to belong, whooped in delight. It was then that she pulled Willow into her embrace, showering her with kisses and little nips. She relished the feal of her girlfriend’s body against her own, and her hands slid down Willow’s back, trailing the muscles there, before coming to rest on her ass. Tara squeezed.

Willow looked up in shock, and the smirk on Tara’s face was replaced by an apologetic look. “Oh, Willow, I didn’t mean-”

She stopped at the sly smirk on her girlfriend’s face. “Do that again,” Willow breathed. Confidence returned, Tara did so, and let herself be led to the bed. Seating herself at the foot of it, she leaned back on her elbows, keeping her firm grip on the swell of Willow’s hips as she valiantly tried to scoot back without using her hands.

Willow’s own hands set to work. Pressing her full weight on Tara’s body, she let her hands trail up her sides and back down. She kept up the light tickling, loving how Tara smiled against her lips. “I feel,” Tara started, all trace of her stutter gone. “I feel like I should return the favor.”

“Return what favor?” Willow asked, sufficiently dumbed down by Tara lips.

“You let me touch,” Tara purred, reaching to give Willow’s ass a hearty squeeze. “Only fair I do the same.” Willow loved the contrast. Alone with Willow Tara was an entirely different sort of woman than the Tara everyone else knew, and she cherished that part of her girlfriend that was hers alone. As if to emphasis Willow’s thoughts, Tara thrust her chest up, wiggling her shoulder playfully.

Willow scrambled up excitedly, undoing each button of Tara’s shirt like a child on Christmas morning. “Woah..” she gazed in wonderment at the satin encased orbs, reaching up for an experimental squeeze. Tara gasped, bucking into Willow’s hand. “Thank you Tara,” she muttered. “For sharing this with me.” The adoration in their eyes urged them to press even closer. “I love you,” the Willow said, never breaking eye contact even as she lowered her face to Tara’s chest to nuzzle and feast.

“Oh, I love you,” Tara gasped. “Oh, love you Willow~!”

Just because sex was currently a no-go, didn’t mean they couldn’t still enjoy each other’s bodies in any other way.

An hour later, their makeout session had left them nearly naked, save for their panties. Tara lay on her side, eyes closed, completely content with her world in this very moment. Willow sat up, reclining back against Tara’s stomach, warm, comfortable, and an open book on her lap. It was one from Giles’ collection that had come into her possession years before, outlying the life and habits of the werewolf. Diligently turning each page, every few minutes she’d tilt her head to nuzzle some nearby Tara-skin, or even reach out and fondle a breast. The soft sighs and purrs she got in response only spurred her on, and rather than distract her, encouraged her to research more for the woman she loved.

“Oh, hey,” Willow said, in that tone that said she wanted to share facts with you. “It says here that in the weeks leading up to your first full moon, your body’s chemistry is changing, in order to prepare you. Increased appetite is supposed to help balance out the stress your body is under right now.”

“Mmm, I don’t feel stressed,” Tara reached out to trail her hand up from the hem of Willow’s panties to up between her breasts. “Do I seem stressed?”

“Vixen,” she purred. “Huh. I guess I never really noticed the appetite change in Oz because hey, teenaged boy, right?”

Beneath her, Tara’s whole chest reverberated in a low rumble at Oz’s name. A rumble that tapered off into a cough, but still most definitely a growl. “S-so that whole, ‘three cheeseburgers a meal’ thing will wear off, right?”

“….”

“Willow?”

“Oh hey look at the time!” The redhead crowed, suddenly crawling under the covers. “We should get some sleep, huh?”

With a chuckle and a roll of the eyes, Tara draped one arm over Willow and joined her girl in sleep, fine with letting her off the hook.

For now.

She was running. Running, and free, and so good. It was similar to riding her horse as fast as they could go, only so much better. Her own legs pumping, adrenaline coursing through her veins as the cool air shocked her lungs. This was freedom.

This was life.

Then suddenly, trapped. So much pressure, no room to move. No room to be free, to run. Just a prison she could not comprehend, and it felt like she would have to bend and twist and rend her very own flesh to escape it.

This was terror.

With a groan, tossing and turning in fitful sleep, Tara pawed at the sheets, and tugged Willow closer. She buried her nose in that copper hair, and her senses were flooded with Willow-scent. Asleep though she was, it calmed her instantly.

Stop fighting. Safe now

Post subject: Re: Pack (UPDATED: 2/18/13)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs!
Also I like the flashes of insight we get into wolfyness, and it's really illuminating.

Not sure why Willow is ducking the 3 cheese burger issue.
What girl wouldn't wanna stuff her face AND stay skinny?
How is that a big deal?
Oh well, we'll find out I guess.
Just another reason to look forward to the next installment :-)

R :bounce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Gah! So close! :(

Loving the wolfy, instinctual bits. Especially the part about being fed, that's such a wonderful feeling when you're messed up one way or another.

I also really like Buffy's dialog in this one. It's just a small part, but you nailed it. I can totally hear SMG saying those parts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 am 
5. Willowhand

Okay, hopping back in because ARE YOU TWO WIZARDS?

I literally just got up to heat up some spaghetti and BAM! I shouldn't be surprised though. One of you is my most consistent Dibs-er, and the other seems to have a built in Starr-dar lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

OK, that was just plain M-E-A-N! :rage Throwing In-n-Out Burger in there as if it were nothing....except only the best fast food outlet on planet earth! :wtf Starr? W.T.F. Now, I'm gonna have to get up, get dressed and explain to my wife exactly why I suddenly feel the need to drive 4 hours to Dallas for a burger! Have you no sympathy to those of us living in desperation and without equal access a double-double with cheese, raw and grilled onions, a thick creamy vanilla shake and fries??? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Real feedback later...after I get lunch. :wink

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay, an update!!!! :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause
I'm so glad this story hasn't quietly slipped into Neverland (pun intended).
I love the subtle hints you give us of Tara's "inner wolf". I think it might strengthen their bond even further, the wolf set on beeing with and protecting her "mate". I'm curious if this will affect Tara's behavior when she's fully "wolfed out", if she will somehow subconsciously identify Willow as her mate and be calmed by her presence...

By the way, this update left me really hungry, so I have to go now to have supper...

Please try to update more regular now, pretty please!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:03 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Yay New Update!!!

I was wondering chould being a witch and have a magical link with Willow make a difference when Tara becomes all wolfy because you can already see the difference between how Oz and Tara's personalities.

Great Update Can't wait for the next one!