The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (1/14/12)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Aw. Wonderfully cute. It seems like Tara and and Alex have an unusually close relationship. How wonderful for them. She seems to have a lot of responsibility for a teenager. I guess her mom is a single mom and she's helping out? Very cute ice cream date and I bet the homework will be very nice.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (2/1/12)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:58 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Chapter 10
"Who the hell is she?" a boy, Willow assumed was Tommy, asked as him and a girl approached them. He was tall. Taller than Tara and really skinny. He had skin tight jeans on and a baggy t-shirt. His blond hair was short and he wore a baseball cap backwards.

"You could be a little nicer," Tara snapped at him.

"Is she your girlfriend?" the girl with him asked. At least she was smiling. She looked just like the boy. The same blond hair. The same features. You could tell it was Amber, you could tell they were twins. She wore skinny jeans and a hoodie with a panda bear on it.

"I like your hoodie," Willow smiled at her.

"I like your shirt," Amber pointed to the fairy on Willow's shirt who was sitting on a castle edge with a dragon by her side.

"Thank you." Willow said.

"Bonding," Tommy said. "How cute."

"Don't be a jerk," Alex snapped.

"Shut it," Tommy gave Alex a little shove.

"Stop," Tara said. "Both of you," she looked back and forth between the two boys who stopped what they were doing.

"Tommy," a boy yelled, running over to the group. "Want to hang?"

"Sure," Tommy told the boy.

"Uh no," Tara said. "Get home. Do homework. Then you can go out with Aiden."

"Oh come on," Tommy said.

"I can come over later," Aiden said. He was short compared to Tommy, but his attire was the same. Tight skinny jeans and a baggy hoodie, although his personality seemed better too, but when his eyes roamed over Tara they turned love struck and Willow felt jealous bubble through her and wanted to tel the kid to not oogle her girlfriend. But two thoughts hit her. This kid was probably only 12, maybe 13 and Tara wasn't her girlfriend.

"That sounds good," Tara smiled at the boy. "He can play after his homework."

Tommy groaned. "I don't play, I hangout."

"I'm surprised you have anyone to hangout with," Alex mumbled.

"Shut-up," Tommy shoved him again.

"Okay time to go home," Tara grabbed Tommy's arm and shoved him forward, putting space between him and the smaller boy.
--------------------------------------------------
"Wow this place is beautiful," Willow said looking around the house from the main entrance. It was big. There was a big staircase leading upstairs. To the left side was the kitchen and a hallway leading to the back of the house. To the right was a living room.

"It's okay," Tara said. The kids had already migrated into the kitchen. "It's kind of suitable for a women and her 4 kids."

Willow looked at her. "Women and her 4 kids? Where's your dad?"

"Are you hungry?" Tara asked and headed towards the kitchen. Willow wondered what that was about, but didn't want to ask with the kids right there.

"Can you help me with my math?" Amber asked.

"Like Tara is any better than you," Alex giggled.

"Oh hush," Tara playfully thumped Alex on his head.

"I'm good at math," Willow said. "I could help."

"Thank you," Amber smiled.

"You don't have too," Tara said. She didn't want to burden Willow with her family.

"I want too," Willow smiled at her and sat down next to Amber. All the kids books and bags were thrown across the square island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. Willow looked around and noticed at the back of the kitchen was a huge window looking into another living room. There was a long sofa against the wall of the window and the wall next to it and a big screen tv. There were steps leading from kitchen to the living room.

"Like the big screen?" Amber asked. "It's fun to play video games on."

Willow looked at the girl. "I don't play many video games."

"What do you like to do?" Amber asked.

"No flirting with Tara's girlfriend she might get mad," Tommy said.

"Oh shut-up jerk, I'm just trying to be nice," Amber said.

"Tommy doesn't know the meaning of nice," Alex said.

"You don't know the meaning of anything," Tommy snapped at Alex.

"Oh good comeback," Alex said.

"Why do you two always have to gang up on me," Tommy said.

"Because you are annoying," Amber said.

"Coming from the girl who screams every time Nick Carter comes on TV," Tommy said.

"Hey," Amber's voice got louder. "He is gorgeous."

"He's old," Tommy said.

"He's not that old and he can still sing amazingly," Amber said. "You are just jealous because you are ugly and can't do anything."

"He can be annoying," Alex said.

"I can hit you in the face," Tommy said.

"Way to sound like dad," Amber snapped.

"That's enough," Tara slammed her fist on the table. Willow jumped and looked at Tara. You could almost see the stem of anger coming out of her ears. She looked at Tommy and Alex who both looked shocked.

"I'm sorry," Amber said. "Tommy I di..." Before she could finish Tommy slammed his book closed and ran out the kitchen.

"Nice," Tara stood up. "Real nice." she looked at Willow, "I'm sorry," then took off after Tommy who ran up the stairs.

Ash :)

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (1/14/12)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

DIBS Well, now it's working. :)

Aww the joys of middle school. I have three nieces and a nephew in one family (ranging from 3-15), and I can completely see them bickering like this. I think this is the first fic I've read where the little kids act more natural instead of with the perfect, adorable, "kids-say-the-darndest-thing" cuteness. (not that there's anything wrong with that). I like it, but what a way to make a first impression.

Quote:
"I can hit you in the face," Tommy said.

"Way to sound like dad," Amber snapped.

This worries me. I hope Willow can how Tara that she doesn't have to be ashamed.

Tommy is interesting. My first impression was that he's a jerk, but the more I reread, the more I realize that he just wants to be noticed and doesn't have a strong male role model.

Can't wait to read more.

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

Buffy: Hi. Willow right?
Willow: Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?
First sign of adorable Willow "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

Last edited by BuffyFan4ever on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:12 am 
5. Willowhand

More more more more more

Pretty please

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, this update was just...not fair. I mean, I wanted to put these two little boys in the corner or something, give Willow and Tara a chance to talk. It was nice that Willow was willing to help homework and it seems like Tara is taking on a lot of Mom type responsibilities. I wonder what's going on with that.

Hope we won't have to wait too long to find out. Keep up the good work!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
So, I think you really nailed the banter and rivalry between siblings, especially those left alone without adult supervision. I see it all the time between the 8 kids next during the couple hours or so before their parents get home from work.

I feel for Tara having to take on so much of the responsibility, but that's the way it goes when you have working parents. Hopefully she can find some down time and spend it getting to know Willow a little better.

Anyway, I look forward to your next update...soonish please??

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 am 
8. Vixen

I agree, with Shelby, you did really well with the sibling banter and saying things by not saying them directly we get a better picture of Tara's home life too.

Keep the posts coming.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 am 
5. Willowhand

I just realized that I totally missed commenting on this update. Still really wondering about what's up with Tara taking on the motherly role. But I liked her interaction with her siblings and how helpful Willow is being. Hopefully the girls will get some alone time soon.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:51 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Very interesting. On one hand, there doesn't seem to be tension about Willow coming home with them (did she call Giles?) but there does seem to be a lot of tension about dad. I can't detect whether he's an abusive drunk who moved out or a jerk who was abusive and also is now dead or what. I guess we'll find out more (at least I hope so).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Ash!

Whoa, I need some kind of intervention! I read this story, loved it, contemplated my f/b and didn't post a damn thing! :blush

Wait! This is YOUR fault for not being telepathic . . . . . :blush Okay, my apology stands!

I agree with Shelby and others, the banter between the kids is right on! Loved seeing Willow getting ready to haul out the math books and be valued for something she's good at. Helping someone else is a real morale booster, pulls you out of your problems.

Tommy was both annoying and said. The comment "way to sound like Dad" and Tara's shamed reaction makes it clear to me that the Maclays have some abuse issues going on. It really was sad to feel that echo and you did it well, no melodramatic bathos, but subtle and poignant.

I love this story! So keep it rolling! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 pm 
5. Willowhand

BuffyFan4ever:
Quote:
I think this is the first fic I've read where the little kids act more natural instead of with the perfect, adorable, "kids-say-the-darndest-thing" cuteness. (not that there's anything wrong with that). I like it, but what a way to make a first impression.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I kinda wanted the not all the kids get along like Tara and Alex do type thing. I actually played around with how I was gonna have all the kids act and everything for a bit before I settled on this. I wasn't sure how it was gonna work, but I guess it worked well. Thanks for the feedback :)

fhiwda:
Quote:
More more more more more

Pretty please

Well since you said please :p Here ya go :) Thanks for the feedback.

True_Love:
Quote:
Okay, this update was just...not fair. I mean, I wanted to put these two little boys in the corner or something, give Willow and Tara a chance to talk.

If you thought this chapter wasn't fair then you are really really gonna think this one isn't fair :p
Quote:
it seems like Tara is taking on a lot of Mom type responsibilities. I wonder what's going on with that.

You will find out what's going on very soon :) thanks for the feedback.

Finey_McFine:
Quote:
Hopefully she can find some down time and spend it getting to know Willow a little better.

Don't worry there will be plenty of getting to know each other :) I just need to have some filler chapters to get everything to make sense first. Actually I'm not quite sure if what I just said made sense. Hm. Anyways thanks for the feedback :)

vampyregurl73:
Quote:
I agree, with Shelby, you did really well with the sibling banter and saying things by not saying them directly we get a better picture of Tara's home life too.

Thank you :) You will find out everything that is going on soonish. Within the next couple chapters. Thanks for the feedback :)

beautiful_love:
Quote:
I just realized that I totally missed commenting on this update. Still really wondering about what's up with Tara taking on the motherly role. But I liked her interaction with her siblings and how helpful Willow is being. Hopefully the girls will get some alone time soon.

It's quite alright :) They will get alone time soon and everything will start to make sense within the next couple chapters, thanks for the feedback :)

JustSkipIt
Quote:
Very interesting. On one hand, there doesn't seem to be tension about Willow coming home with them (did she call Giles?) but there does seem to be a lot of tension about dad. I can't detect whether he's an abusive drunk who moved out or a jerk who was abusive and also is now dead or what. I guess we'll find out more (at least I hope so).

You will find out everything. I'm still trying to get things worked out on how I exactly want them played out. Thanks for the feedback :)

Ariel:
Quote:
Whoa, I need some kind of intervention! I read this story, loved it, contemplated my f/b and didn't post a damn thing! :blush

Wait! This is YOUR fault for not being telepathic . . . . . :blush Okay, my apology stands!

Haha my apology for not being telepathic :p But in all fairness I had been reading your story and neglecting on feedback as well so I guess all is even :p
Quote:
Tommy was both annoying and said. The comment "way to sound like Dad" and Tara's shamed reaction makes it clear to me that the Maclays have some abuse issues going on. It really was sad to feel that echo and you did it well, no melodramatic bathos, but subtle and poignant.

Thank you :)

Chapter 11:
Willow, Amber, and Alex had sat in complete silence for the last 10 minutes. They all tried to hear what was going on upstairs, but no noise could be heard.

"Um," Willow finally spoke. Although besides um she didn't know what to say. Suddenly the front door opened.

"Hello," a cheery voice sounded.

"Mommy," Alex jumped off his stool and ran to the kitchen doorway just as a women appeared in it. Willow looked at Tara's mother. She was beautiful, in fact Tara looked like a younger version of her mother. The same dark blonde hair. The same blue eyes.

"Hey sweetheart," Ms. MaClay smiled down at Alex. She had two bags full of groceries in her arms. Her eyes went from Alex's to Willow's. "Hello there," she smiled. "You must be Willow."

"Oh Um yeah hi," Willow stood up. She was a little shocked that she knew her. "How did you know?"

Ms. MaClay smiled. "Beautiful red hair and green eyes. My daughter talks about you a lot." she walked past Willow and put the bags on the counter. She turned back to Willow and saw the smile on the girl's face.

"Willow was just helping me with my math," Amber said.

Ms. MaClay looked at Amber then back to Willow. "That's very nice of you, thank you. I am horrible at math," she giggled. "Where are Tommy and Tara?"

"Oh um," Alex looked at Amber as did Ms. MaClay. "What happened?" she asked.

"Well," Amber looked down at the books in front of her. "I um..."

"Mom," all eyes turned to Tara who was now standing in the doorway with Tommy. "Why're you home?"

"It was a slow day so Aly said I could just come home and if she needed me she'd call," Ms. MaClay said. "Where were you two?"

"Oh um," Tara looked at Tommy.

"I needed advice," Tommy blurted out. "See there's a girl and well I needed advice," he smiled at his mom. "Are there more groceries?" he asked pointing the bags.

"Yeah a couple," Ms. MaClay said.

"I'll go get them," Tommy smiled and ran out the front door.

"Okay well I'm gonna go take a shower, could you guys unload the groceries?" Ms. MaClay looked between her three children still in the room.

"Yes ma'am," Tara said as Alex and Amber nodded.

"Okay, make yourself at home," Ms. MaClay put her hand on Willow's shoulder and smiled.

"I will Ms. MaClay, thank you," Willow said.

"Please call me Erin," Ms. MaClay said and walked out the kitchen and up the stairs. Tommy came in just then with bags of groceries in his arms.

"Anymore?" Tara asked.

"Yeah," Tommy ran back out the front door.

"I'll unload," Tara said. "You guys start your homework," she looked at Amber and Alex who just nodded. Both seemed to not have much to say. Honestly Willow didn't either. Tommy had a complete turn around. He was fighting with them earlier then he stood up for them in a heartbeat.

"Are you still gonna help me Willow?" Amber asked.

"Wha?" Willow shook her head of her thoughts and looked at Amber. "Of course," Willow smiled at her.

"Oh by the way," Erin said coming back down the stairs. She looked through the kitchen doorway from the stairs. "Willow would you like to stay for dinner? I was thinking homemade tacos."

"Yay!" Amber and Alex cheered.

"What did I miss?" Tommy asked coming back into the house with a couple more groceries.

"Homemade tacos," Alex squealed with delight. Willow giggled.

"Sounds good," Tommy said.

"I'd love to stay," Willow said. "Just let me ask... Oh no," Willow's face dropped.

"What's wrong?" Tara asked.

Willow turned to her. "I forgot to call Uncle Giles to let him know I wouldn't be home right after school."

"Wouldn't he call if he was worried?" Tommy asked sitting the groceries on the counter and turning to Willow.

"I guess," Willow grabbed her phone out of her pocket. She groaned. "It's dead."

"Here," Tara pulled her phone out. "Use mine."

"Thanks," Willow grabbed her phone and dialed Giles number.

"Hello?"

"Uncle Giles."

"WILLOW!" The voice was loud and everyone jumped a little. Tara had know Giles since her freshmen year and had never heard him raise his voice. Even when the kids in the library were being loud and obnoxious. "I've been worried sick about you. I got home from work and you weren't here. I tried calling.."

"My phone is dead. I'm at Tara's. I'm really sorry."

"So you are okay?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. When are you coming home?"

"Well Tara's mom asked if I could stay for dinner. Is that okay?"

"If it's okay with you."

"Okay with me?" Willow was confused.

"Are you sure you are okay being around that many people?"

"Um," Willow looked around the room. Ms. MaClay was still standing on the stairs, obviously trying to make sure everything was okay. Amber was showing Alex something in a book, Tommy was putting groceries away, and Tara was staring at her. Willow hoped the conversation between her and Uncle Giles couldn't be heard. "I think I'll be okay," Willow whispered.

"If you need me to come get you, I will," Uncle Giles said.

"I know, thank you," Willow smiled. She really liked how protective her Uncle was being. She finally felt like she had a father.

"I want you home by 9, no later."

"Yes sir," Willow said. "Bye." She hung up the phone.

"Everything okay?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, he was just worried," Willow smiled at her. "I can stay."

"Good. I'll start cooking after my shower," Erin walked back upstairs.

Willow turned to Tara who had a look on her face that told Willow she heard the whole conversation. "So Amber," Willow looked away from Tara. "Are you ready for math?" Willow walked up to the girl.

"No, but I have no choice," Amber said. Willow laughed and sat down next to her.
-----------------------------------
The night had basically gone by in a flash. Erin, with the help of Tommy and Alex when they were done their homework, made dinner for everyone. Willow had spent quite a bit of time trying to teach Amber the ways of math. To Willow math was easy, but she knew that it wasn’t for other people and Amber was one of those people. Tara kept kind of quiet, but Willow understood. Something had happened in the MaClay family that was now out in the open. Although Willow wasn’t quite sure what the remark meant she had a couple ideas in her head and none were good.

Tara walked to her room. She knew that Willow probably had questions. Questions she wasn’t sure how to answer. She wanted Willow to know everything, but it wasn’t exactly the most easiest thing to talk about. Then again, the stuff Willow had told her probably wasn’t the most easiest thing to talk about either. Tara sighed and stepped into her room. She stopped at the sight in front of her. Willow was laying on her stomach sprawled out across Tara’s bed. The book that Tara had been reading was in her hands and she was skimming through the pages. Willow honestly was the most beautiful girl Tara had ever seen and she couldn’t keep her eyes off her. She looked so cute on her bed. She wanted to go over to the bed, kneel over Willow and kiss her. But sadly she knew that wasn’t going to happen.

Willow looked up and smiled. “Hey.”

“Hey,” Tara smiled back. “Sorry about that. My mom just wanted to ask me how the kids did. Her fear of a bad answer resulting in her asking you to leave the kitchen.”

“Its fine,” Willow sat up and put the book down on the bed. “I’ve never read this one. It sounds good.”
“You can borrow it when I’m done,” Tara walked over and sat next to Willow on the bed.

“Do they sell books like this here? Or do you have to order them?” Willow asked. She had completely forgotten about going and getting a new book.

“I had to order that one because I already read all the ones there,” Tara chuckled. “Mr. Daniels is the owner of the bookstore. He is gay so he has a section of books like this. He doesn’t find it fair that most bookstores don’t carry them. We should go there sometime. I mean,” Tara caught herself. “You should go there sometime.”

Willow smiled at her. “Will you go with me?”

Tara’s face lite up. “Of course.”

They fell into silence. They were both sitting crossed legged next to each other. Willow’s right knee almost touching Tara’s left. If one of them moved they would hit each other. Willow was hoping that Tara would move. Actually she was hoping Tara would put her hand on her cheek, move her head to look into her eyes and kiss her, but she highly doubted that was about to happen.
“So you have an hour before you have to be home,” Tara said.

Willow followed Tara’s gaze to a clock on her nightstand.“Yeah,” She really didn’t want to leave. “Tara,” she looked at the blonde. “You don’t have to answer, but..”

“You want to know what Amber meant when she said what she said today.”

“You don’t have to tell me,” Willow said.

“I know I don’t, but I will.” Tara took a deep breathe. “Where to begin."

Last edited by ashcrash71590 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (2/27/12)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

Dips!

Me likey!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

This is totally awesome! Willow and Tara have so much pain in their lives. Hopefully, they can come to really trust each other.

I love this fic. :bow :clap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 pm 

So, Tara's mom is awesome, as always. ;-) I'm interested to see what the deal is with her Dad. Sounds to me like she and Willow have a lot in common, unfortunately, when it comes to having a painful childhood. It's a shame that's where they have to find common ground. Though on the bright side, the talking will bring them closer, which will eventually lead to other things... :wtkiss

Can't wait for more!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I feel like it's very telling (in a good way) that Tara's mom knew who Willow was. She seemed to be expecting her which means that Tara has been talking about her. They all get along very well. I'm glad she called Giles and checked in. I'm sure it's a new experience for her to have a parental figure who gives a crap about her. She'll have to start to adjust to that and keep her phone charged. Tara's story to come... I bet it's hard.

PS: Tara's name is Maclay. Not MaClay.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 pm 
5. Willowhand

I'm jumping on the what's up with Tara's dad train. And I've still got a bit of a bad feeling vibe about her mom. But I think that's just me.

I'm looking forward to more interaction between the girls in the next update. You're doing a really great job.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 pm 
5. Willowhand

fhiwda:
Quote:
Dips!

Me likey!

I'm glad you like it :)

sarahncrys1017:
Quote:
This is totally awesome! Willow and Tara have so much pain in their lives. Hopefully, they can come to really trust each other.

I love this fic. :bow :clap

Thank you :) I'm glad you like it.

Finey_McFine:
Quote:
Sounds to me like she and Willow have a lot in common, unfortunately, when it comes to having a painful childhood. It's a shame that's where they have to find common ground. Though on the bright side, the talking will bring them closer, which will eventually lead to other things... :wtkiss

Yeah kinda a sucky thing to have common ground on :/ But if you are looking for :wtkiss well nah I won't say anything :p Hope you enjoy the next chapter :)

JustSkipIt:
Quote:
I'm sure it's a new experience for her to have a parental figure who gives a crap about her. She'll have to start to adjust to that and keep her phone charged. Tara's story to come... I bet it's hard.

PS: Tara's name is Maclay. Not MaClay.

Yeah it is and it's a good thing :) I used to not charged my phone a lot because I was home most of the time, but I've learned keeping it charged is a good idea. And thank you for correcting me, I always seem to make this mistake haha.

beautiful_love:
Quote:
I'm jumping on the what's up with Tara's dad train. And I've still got a bit of a bad feeling vibe about her mom. But I think that's just me.

I'm looking forward to more interaction between the girls in the next update. You're doing a really great job.

A bad vibe from Tara's mom? Why?
And thank you :)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone :)

So I realized that Tara's mom and Willow's best friend had the same name so I changed Tara's mom's name :p

Chapter 12
"You know how your parents never really paid much attention to you?" Tara asked.

"Yeah," Willow said.

"My dad paid too much attention. He knew everything my mom did. She had to tell him where she was, how long she was there and if she forgot to tell him or couldn't get a hold of him and went and did something without his permission, he got mad."

"Are you serious?" Willow asked. Willow turn so she was still sitting with her legs crossed but was now fully facing Tara.

"He was controlling," Tara looked down. She sat that way for a couple seconds then shifted her body so she was still sitting crossed legged but now facing Willow. "When I was a little younger it wasn't as bad, but a couple weeks after Tommy and Amber were born a guy named Rich moved in next door. He was in his early twenty's. He got hit on a lot and he was single so my dad would get mad if Rich came over to borrow something or for what ever reason. One time he accidentally got some mail of ours and brought it over. I answered the door. My mom was trying to dress Amber and Tommy was up walking around, it wasn't long after he first learned to. He tripped and banged his head. He started bleeding and mom freaked out, Rich offered to drive us to the hospital since mom was hysterical. When dad found out he didn't care that Tommy was hurt or that Rich was nice enough to drive or that Rich sat in the waiting room with Amber and I while mom was back with Tommy so they weren't near each other. All he cared about was the mom had been with him."

"That's stupid. He did something nice for your mom, most people would," Willow said.

"Exactly. That night was the first night I ever saw him hit her."

"Oh?" Willow said. She had figured this was coming, but she was hoping it wouldn't.

"I had always figured he did. I would hearing fighting, hear bangs, hear her crying, see marks on her the next day that weren't there previously. She tried to cover them, but sometimes he would leave either big ones or to many. People started to notice, but I guess no one knew what to do. I wouldn't either."

"Call the police," Willow said.

"Tried. Rich called once after he heard screaming and things banging. He heard the kids crying. I was trying to calm them down, but it's hard. I was so little and there was two of them. The cops came and neighbors said it happened a lot. I think they were trying to help, but with no proof what could the cops do?"

"Did your dad get mad at Rich?"

"He doesn't know Rich called. Neither did my mom and I until later. Soon Rich got a new girlfriend who moved in with him. Her name was Alice. She was so nice," Tara smiled for a second then the smile dropped. "My dad flirted with Alice once. I remember walking out into the garage to ask him if I could play outside with some friends and she had some over to ask him something. I knew Rich didn't want her over without him, but he was at work and Alice was making him something and needed sugar I think? Maybe it was something else, that's not really important," Tara shook her head. Willow could see how much this was stressing her out. How hard it must be to get everything in order. She reached her hand out and took Tara's. Their eyes met and Tara smiled for a second then that smile was gone to. "I heard him say that she should come over more often when Rich wasn't home and winked at her then she just was kinda like um never mind about the sugar and went to walk away and he said maybe when Rich isn't home again we can go for a drive. My wife is home all the time so that won't work. Alice just walked away. She never came over again. Even if Rich did for some reason."

"That's horrible," Willow said.

"It gets worse. Alice and Rich broke up a couple years later. Two months after that my mom found out she was pregnant with Alex. My dad was furious. He flipped out saying that Alex wasn't his. Saying that it had to be Rich's or some other man's because it had been so long since they had sex. He didn't even remember the last time they had sex because apparently he was drunk."

"To drunk to remember sex with your wife?" Willow said then a thought dawned on her. "Oh gosh he didn't..."

"I don't know," Tara shrugged. "I know they weren't really close and didn't have sex or kiss or hug or anything a lot. Half the time my mom slept in Tommy and Amber's room or my room. So I really don't know. I didn't ask and she never told. But anyways he got mad and hit her."

"While she..." Willow's voice was loud and Tara lunged at her and covered her mouth. Tara removed her hand. "Sorry," Willow said quietly. "He hit her while she was pregnant?"

Tara nodded. "I heard her cry out and say stop. I ran out my room and I saw her on the ground. She was holding her stomach and I freaked out. I panicked. I didn't know what to do so I grabbed a shoe that was sitting by the front door and chucked it at him. It hit him on the shoulder. He turned around and started to yell at me. She told him to stop and he faced her and I wanted to do everything to get him away from her and the baby so I called him a stupid fucking asshole and told him he was pathetic and needed help and if I was bigger I'd beat him up and I threw another shoe at him. He got pissed and ran after me. I stood there because I was scared if I ran outside or into my room he would go back after her. So I braced myself and I felt this sharp pain on the right side of my face and I fell. I heard my mom scream at him not to hit her daughter. I heard her getting up. I opened my eyes to see him going back after her. I jumped up and charged at him. I jumped on his back and started hitting at his face the best I could. He grabbed my wrist and yanked me off. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and then one in my wrist when he flung me around. I knew my wrist was broken. I felt it snap just before I felt the ground. Then I heard this tap at the back door. We had a sliding door and the curtain was open. There stood Rich with a video camera. He heard the screams and ran over. He was recording it for proof."

"He recorded it? " Willow said. "Why didn't he call the cops or or.."

"He did," Tara smiled. "Standing behind Rich was two officers who had there guns pointing at the house telling my dad to back away from me. If it wasn't for Rich I don't know what would have happened to my mom or me or Alex or even Tommy and Amber. My dad was arrested and he's in jail. We moved out of the house where we lived and moved here. I had a black eye, a broken wrist, a dislocated shoulder, but we were safe and that's all that matter."

"You... You..." Willow couldn't form the words. If Tara's mom was just at the start of her pregnancy with Alex that would have only made Tara about 12, maybe still 11 when this happened. She was a child and stood up to save her mom and unborn sibling. She was strong. Something Willow had known, but she just proved it more.

"I'm what?" Tara asked. Confused as to why Willow wasn't talking.

"Are amazing," Willow said. Their eyes were locked.

"No I'm not," Tara shook her head and looked down, trying to hide the blush appearing on her face.

"Yes," Willow put her finger under Tara's chin and lifted her head. "You are. You are brave and strong and so is your mom."

"She is, but I'm.." before the words could get out of Tara's mouth, Willow's lips were on hers in the softest, sweetest kiss Tara had ever felt. Her heart stopped and so did her breathing. This feeling spread through her body that she wasn't used to.

Willow pulled away after a couple seconds. "I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't.. I mean I just.. I'm leaving," Willow stood up.

It took Tara a second to get her head in order. "What?" She jumped up. "Why?" she grabbed Willow's arm and jumped in front of her to stop her. "Why go?"

"Because I just. I've never just.. I don't want to make you mad. I'm stupid. I'm..." Tara's lips cut off Willow's words. Willow became weak and she felt like her knees were gonna go. Tara's arms wrapped around her waist fast and Willow leaned against her body. Tara's arms were strong. They made her feel safe and this kiss was making her head dizzy and...

"Sorry to interrupt," both girls jumped apart to see a smiling Anna standing there. "But it's almost time for Willow to be home. Tara you stay here with the kids and I'll drive her."

"I was going to walk her," Tara said.

"And what make out until you are both late for curfews? No, no you will see her tomorrow."

"Tomorrow's Saturday," Tara pouted.

"She can come over and hangout if she wants too," Anna said. "I'll be in the car," she pointed at the girls. "If there is no Willow in my car in 5 minutes. There is no Willow or making out for 2 days."

"Mom," Tara groaned. Anna stuck her tongue out at her daughter then walked away.

"I like her," Willow said. "She is nice."

"I like kissing you," Tara put her arms back around Willow's waist. "Actually I love it," she smiled before capturing Willow's lips again.

Ash

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (3/20/12)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:07 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great Chapter.

Hate Tara's "father." :gnome I hope he's getting a taste of his own medicine in prison. :whip :smash :punish

Anna is awesome!!! Is Rick is still around, or did they move too far away (have you said where they're originally from?) He sounds cool. It's sad that an average neighbor was a better male role model than her own father.

Can't wait til the next update.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:03 pm 

So, Tara's father...typical piece of shit. Too bad Tara didn't do more damage to the A-hole. So, now I'm wondering how long he's on prison for and if he knows where they moved to. It worries me, like what he might do if/when he gets out. I would imagine he is holding quite a grudge.

Anyway, I love your strong Tara and really enjoy the way you write her. It took a lot for her to tell Willow and even more for her to stand up to him.

BIG YAY for the :wtkiss :grin Can't wait for more...please update soonish!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:02 am 
5. Willowhand

I love this story...I may or may not have mentioned that before, but I do.

I love that these two can share their pasts with each other so easily.

Great update.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 pm 
5. Willowhand

Chapter 13

Giles walked down the stairs, tripped on the last step before the landing and landed with a thud into the wall. He grumbled and pushed himself slowly from the wall and continued down the last couple steps, slipped a couple times on the wooden floor and finally made it to the kitchen. Willow sat on one of the kitchen stools and looked at her uncle through the window looking from the kitchen to the living room. Giles walks over to the coffee maker and saw that some was already made. He turned and looked at her. "You are a life saver."

Willow chuckled. "Are you always this hungover on weekends?" she took a sip of the coffee in her mug.

"Mmm," Giles poured some coffee... onto the counter. He grumbled and put the coffee down then grabbed a paper towel.

"So what do you do besides trip downstairs, slip across floors, and give the counter caffeine?" Willow asked.

Giles gave her a look. He sighed. Poured the coffee. Actually made it in the cup then took a sip. He turned to her and leaned his back against the counter. "Do you know what today is?"

"Saturday?" Willow asked. She was confused.

"Today is the last day I saw Alyson 4 years ago."

The cup stopped halfway to Willow's lips. She brought her eyes up to look into her uncles. How could she forget? She called him every year on this day. She talked to him about aunt Alyson. She loved aunt Alyson and she missed her. How could she possibly forget that today was the day she died.

"No this isn't how I spend every Saturday. But it's how I spend this day every year." he took another sip of his coffee.

"Are you gonna go see her?" Willow asked.

Giles put the cup on the counter. "I don't know. I haven't been. I did go. Everyday. The whole year after she died. Then I realized that it was just too hard and it made me too depressed and..." he stopped and looked at his niece. "I shouldn't be telling you all this."

"Uncle Giles I understand depression."

Giles let out a noise. Willow wasn't sure what it meant. "I know you do." he said.

"I'll go with you. If you'd like."

Giles smiled. "I'd like that. I'll just go get dressed." he grabbed his coffee and went to talk upstairs.

Willow waited till he got to the last step and said "Don't wear the suits you usually wear. Wear jeans and a sweater. Like you used to wear when you guys came to see us or when you guys went on your adventures. She'd like that. Oo do you still have the nice blue sweater? That was her favorite." she smiled.

"Yeah," Giles let out a weak smile. "I do."
--------------------------------------------------
Tara kissed down Willow's stomach. "You're so perfect," she whispered against her flesh.

"Mm," Willow moaned as Tara moved lowered. Her hand found the back of Tara's head as Tara's mouth found her clit. "Tara," Willow moaned. "Tara," she was getting louder.

"TARAAAAA!!!!!" Tara jumped awake as a sudden weight landed on her. "Wake up," Tara's eyes opened and Alex's face materialized in her vision.

Tara groaned and pushed Alex off of her. "What?" Tara snapped. "I was having a really nice dream."

"About Willow?" Alex smirked at her.

Tara, who was in the middle of rubbing her sleepy eyes, stopped and looked at her brother. "Hush."

"I think you guys are cute," Alex smiled. "I've never seen you smile so much when you look at someone."

Tara blushed.

"And you blush," Alex shouted pointing at her.

"Oh hush," Tara grabbed her pillow and smacked him with it.

"Hey" Alex grabbed her other pillow and hit her. The pillow fight was on.

"Hey, hey!" Anna said coming into the room.

Alex and Tara both stopped, pillows mid-air and looked at their mom. Tara was on her knees, Alex standing up. He was just barely her height this way. "Hi mom," they both said.

"I want to go to the florist today to get some seeds and a plant for grandma and then we are going to go see her and then," she looked at Tara. "Willow can come over if she wants."

"Willow," Tara lunged at her phone. She had fallen asleep texting Willow last night. There was no new messages. She frowned. Maybe she is still sleeping. She opened a new message and texted 'Good morning beautiful <3'.

"Aw how sweet," Alex said leaning over her shoulder. Tara nudged him gently and he fell backwards.

"Alright, alright come on and get ready," Anna said.
----------------------------------
Willow tried to hide the smile on her face from Tara's text. She was too scared to text her. Too scared that Tara would wake up this morning and regret the kissing. She put her phone back in her pocket. She wanted to text her back, but she didn't want to disrespect Uncle Giles. She looked over at him. They were in his car, driving to the florist. They were gonna get flowers for Aunt Alyson then go to her grave. She didn't really know what to say and he didn't speak either. She figured he just wanted to be left to his thoughts.

They arrived at the florist and walked in. An older women was standing behind the counter. She looked up when they walked in. "Rupert," she said. "Long time no see."

"Hi Marge."

Marge looked at Willow. "Who is this beautiful young lady?" she smiled.

"This is my niece Willow," Giles said. "She is staying with me for awhile."

"Well it's nice to meet you," Marge held at her hand.

"You too," Willow said taking it.

They let go of each other and Marge look at Giles. "Blue lilies."

"You remember?" Giles said.

"Of course," Marge said. "Alyson came in here and looked at them all the time. She knew nothing at all about flowers, but she knew they were her favorite."

"Yes they were," Giles smiled.

"How many?" Marge said coming from around the counter.

The rest of their conversation wasn't heard as Willow became lost in her thoughts as she stared at the flowers. She didn't know anything about flowers, but she knew they were beautiful and she loved looking at them.

"WILLOW!" Willow jumped at the sound of her voice and went to turn around, but before she fully turned a small force knocked into her and little arms flung around her waist.

"Alex," Willow heard Anna's voice. "Don't knock her over."

"He's okay," Willow said. She wrapped her arms around Alex (the best she could with how short he was) and hugged him.

"My turn," Tara said pulling Alex off Willow and putting her arms around the redheads small waist. "Hey," she smiled at her.

"Hey," Willow smiled back.

They just stared at each other.

Alex looked back and forth between them. "Is this some weird teenage thing."

"Alex," Tommy said walking up to them. "Leave them alone," he gently nudged his brother away. Then he just looked at Willow and Tara. "I hope this isn't some weird teenage thing because I don't want to look that goofy when I get a girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Giles said walking up to the girls.

"We aren't girlfriends," Willow said finally pulling her gaze away from Tara and looking at her uncle. The look on his face made her pull completely away from Tara.

Tara's heart dropped to her feet when she did.

"Hi I'm Anna," Anna said reaching around the girls and offering her hand to Giles. "I'm Tara's mom."

"Hello," Giles took her hand and smiled.

What brings you guys to the florist?" Anna asked.

"Um," Giles looked at the flowers in his hand. "We are going to see my wife," he looked back at Anna.

"Surprising her with flowers," Anna smiled. "Romance isn't dead after all."

"Well she is," Giles said and walked out of the flower shop.

"Oh gosh," Anna covered her mouth with her hand.

"Mom," Tara said.

"It's fine," Willow said. "It's okay. You didn't know. He's not upset. He's just.. It's still hard," Willow stumbled over her words. "I have to go," she looked at Tara then took off out of the shop after Giles.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (4/22/12)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!! :grin :whip

Ash, NOoooooooo!

Started out with coffee comedy, then sadness . . . Definite squeeze on the heart!

Then Tara's dream and the pillow fight! :banana :eatme :banana I love Alex! :love

Then the very sweet bit about Giles' wife loving her certain flower and sadly, Willow's bit of betrayal and Tara's hurt.

I want some more happy times - bring it on!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:26 pm 
8. Vixen

I love Alex. Great chapter, keep it up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:34 pm 
5. Willowhand

This was a tease chapter! And I love it...

I hope it didn't hurt Tara's feelings too bad when Willow pulled away. Surely she'll understand the unfortunate circumstances with Giles.

Nice update...please do so again soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm 

Hey There!

I guess they need to discuss the nature of their relationship and get on the same page. Tara obviously thinks they are together and Willow doesn't or she doesn't want to broadcast it. Either way, Willow hurt Tara's feelings and she's gonna have to do some explaining and maybe even a little groveling.

My heart goes out to Giles, but at least he has Willow there and maybe together they can both find a way to move on. At first, I thought...'Huh, Giles and Anna." Then I realized that it would make Willow and Tara step sisters and that would be, ewwww.

Anyway, please update soon!!! I need to see what happens next!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm 
5. Willowhand

Ariel: I'm glad you loved the chapter unfortunately there aren't exactly happy times in this chapter :/ I'm sorry! but I promise happy times awaits :) I feel like I'm talking about the old show. Although it was called Happy Days not happy times.. anyways thanks for the feedback :)
taranwillow4ever Alex seems to be a favorite :p I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback :)
fhiwda: I'm sorry it was kind of a tease chapter, but I'm glad you loved it :) Thanks for the feedback :)
Finey_McFine: Yes they do need to discuss the nature of their relationships and yes Giles and Anna would be odd haha. I thought about it after you said that and then agreed with you completely. No haha. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the feedback :)

Chapter 14:
Willow walked out to the car and stopped. She looked at her uncle. He was leaning his head on the steering wheel. She stood there for a couple seconds and watched him before she opened the door and slid into the passengers seat. "She doesn't..."

"I know," Giles said without lifting his head. Willow closed her door. "I know she doesn't know and she was just trying to be nice. That's not why I ran out."

"What?"

Giles lifted his head and saw a very confused look on Willow's face. "I've known Tara since she was a freshmen. She is a nice girl." He turned his head and stared out the front car window.

"Uncle Giles..."

Giles cut her off. "I lost Alyson and I have started to get used to it. I got used to be alone. I got used to doing things on my own. To having no one." he looked back to Willow. "But now I am used to having you around. It hasn't been long, but it's been nice having someone there. We were always close Willow and Alyson adored you. I don't want to see you get hurt. I don't think you should have a girlfriend right now. Not after what that little..." Giles stopped. Willow could see tears in his eyes.

"Tara wouldn't hurt me like that."

"You are right," Giles said "But she could hurt you and you could do something to hurt yourself."

"I wouldn't... I haven't..." Willow couldn't believe she was having this conversation with her uncle. She honestly hadn't even thought about doing anything to herself since she got here. Her mind has been preoccupied. With Tara. Oh gosh. What would happen if she didn't have Tara to think about. If Tara dated someone else or this was just a game like Taylor played. Would she hurt herself?

"I know you haven't," Giles broke off Willow's thoughts. "I'm just worried about you."

Before Willow could reply she saw Anna, Tara and the kids coming up to the car. Giles opened his door and stepped out, Willow followed his lead.

"I'm so sorry," Anna said to Giles. "I didn't know. I was..."

"Trying to be nice," Giles smiled. "I know. It's okay. It's just.. today is 4 years."

"I'm so sorry," Anna said.

"It's quite alright. Don't apologize or feel bad," Giles tried to reassure her.

"I was trying to be nice and I was going to invite Willow for dinner..." Anna was saying. Although Willow wasn't sure if it was to Giles or herself. "Oh," Anna said, eyes going wide. "You can come too," Anna put her hands on Giles arms. "It will be fun. We can all get to know each other since well I caught your niece and my daughter kiss..."

"Mom," Tara said. She gave a nervous chuckle when Giles looked at her.

"Ooooo," Amber said.

"Kissing," Tommy said.

Alex threw his arms around himself and made a kissing face complete with sounds.

"Oh hush," Tara shoved Amber who was the closest to her into Tommy and Alex, almost knocking Alex down. He grabbed on tightly to his brother who held all three up.

"Kissing?" Giles looked at Willow who's face burned bright red and she looked at the ground. "I don't think," Giles turned back to Anna. "Dinner tonight is a good idea. Maybe some other time."

"Oh," Anna dropped her hands. "Of course."

"It was nice meeting you," Giles smiled at her. Then he turned to the kids. "And you guys," then he looked at Tara. "See you on Monday." He turned to the car. "Willow," he said without looking at her and got in.

"Um," Willow finally looked up from the ground to meet Tara's eyes. "I have too..." she went to turn away.

"Wait," Tara grabbed her arm. Willow looked at her. "Text me?" It was more a plea then a question or statement. Willow just nodded and turned away. She got in the car and the Maclay family stepped aside so the car could pull out onto the road.

"What the hell was that about?" Tommy said. "Yesterday you guys were all smooching and acting like girlfriends and now she acts like you don't exist."

"I don't know," Tara said staring at the car as it took a right turn at the light.

"I'm sure it's just a tense day," Anna said rubbing her oldest child's arm. "She probably just has a lot on her mind." She let go of her daughter's arm and started to walk back into the shop, smacking her oldest son's head on the way.

"Ouch," Tommy looked at her. "What was that for?"

"Don't cuss," Anna said and walked back into the shop.

"Oh come on, I'm not a little kid. I'm the man of the house," he shouted following his mom.

"Oh such a big strong man you are," Amber mocked him as she followed.

"Shut-up," Tommy said to her as they both disappeared.

"Yeah," Tara said. She was replying to her mom's statement, but she hadn't noticed the others walked in nor did she believe that. Something seemed weird. It seemed like Giles didn't want her near Willow, but why would that be? Did he think she was going to hurt Willow? Like Taylor did? The thought angered her. How could Giles think she would do that. Tara felt a small hand slip into hers. She looked down at Alex.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Tara's voice cracked. She was about to cry and they both knew it.

"I know I'm not Willow, but you can hug me and I won't pull away," he smiled at her. Tara chuckled as a few tears slide down her face.

Ash

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (4/30/12)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:55 pm 

Dibs!

So Giles, of all people, is going to put the brakes on a Willow/Tara relationship? Well, I didn't see that coming...interesting twist. I like how you wrote the awkwardness between everyone, I just hope Willow actually does text Tara and they get a chance to talk. Maybe Tara can convince Giles that she's. Of going to hurt Willow. Ugh...angst!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Well I caught this update but I missed the one before. Bad me. I like the way this is developing to be more than 2 days and in love. There are some complicated things here: Willow's past, Tara's history of abuse, Giles's wife dying. It should all be gotten through and maybe the girls can find a way to be strong and supportive together rather than in spite of each other. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ugh. The second fic update in a row that I read that Tara is just breaking my heart. I was shocked that Giles is the one that is going to try and keep the girls apart. That's new. New is always good, but still...poor Tara. Willow better text her or I will be very upset. Great job showing the emotions of the group and allowing us readers to really feel for them. Keep up the good work and way to think outside the box!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next