The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fic: Doorway to love (AU) (8/10/12)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:05 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Okay so I have a new idea for a story. I will continue Skate and Hate. And I will be updating more. I know that I haven't been a very good kitten author lately :/ but hopefully I still have some faithful readers out there who aren't too mad at me.

Title: Can a basketball love a computer?
Author's name: Ash
Rating: PG-13 for now
Disclaimer: All of the BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy and all them people
Summary: Um let's see if I can make one that sounds appealing. Willow is considered 'a computer nerd'. She moves to a new town and starts at a new school. There she gets a crush on Tara who is the school's star basketball player. They basically come from two different worlds by high school standards. What will come of it.

Chapter 1

After everything she had been through the last year, the last thing Willow Rosenburg wanted was too start a new school. She hated school, well she loved school and she loved her friends, but she hated how she got made fun of. At first it was because she was considered a computer nerd. The way she dressed wasn't what most kids would consider cool. She didn't know much about anything kids her own age knew about. Music, sports, movies, t.v. shows. Now she did listen to music and watch movies, but keeping up to date with what kids her own age liked now-a-days and what they didn't like was just not something that interested her.

All this made her dislike going to school, but it got worse. Last year she was outed for being gay and then things got worse. She got picked on in the locker room in gym. Girls made rude remarks. She would have guys that never gave her the time of day before, come up to her and say 'They could make her normal.' or 'She just hasn't been fucked by the right guy.' Lucas and Erin, her two best friends, helped her a lot. They were made fun of for being 'losers' but that was something all the 'losers' could handle. Being made fun of for being gay was harder to deal with.

Then all the problems started at home. Everything in her world came crashing down. Everything got to hard to handle and Willow was lost. She felt like no one could help her. As a last resort, her dad decided it was best for her to go live with her Uncle Giles. Her Uncle Giles had been married to Willow's aunt Alyson. Her dad's older sister. Unfortunately she had died in a car crash some years ago. Giles was actually their last name, Rupert was her uncle's first, but since he was a librarian at Sunny Dale high school, he was used to Mr. Giles so Uncle Giles seemed to fit.

Sunny Dale High School, that was going to be Willow's new school. That was where her hell would begin and continue for the next two years. She hated that she was only a junior. She hated that she didn't have Lucas and Erin. She hated that she had no one.

"Flight 123 to Sunny Dale, California just landed at gate 5." Giles heard over the speaker. He couldn't believe he was nervous. He had never raised a child. Alyson and him had never really talked about having children. They enjoyed their nieces and nephews and they both had a hand in raising their own brothers and sisters growing up, since neither of their parents were really around. So they both kind of enjoyed their time alone. And he's been alone ever since she passed. Now he had a teenager to raise. Not only a teenager, but a teenage girl. Giles always heard they were harder to raise. Oh gosh. What if he messed up. She has already been through hell. He knew his niece was gay and he didn't care at all. He had a gay best friend growing, of course back in that time no one really spoke of it, but he knew and he was fine with it. He enjoyed talking to his best friend and his best friend's husband and even attended their wedding in Canada 3 years ago. He was best man.

"Uncle Giles?" Giles turned at his name and facing him was a beautiful young lady with bright eyes and red hair. She was skinny, average height, wearing a long tan skirt and a red shirt with a black jacket.

"Willow?" he couldn't believe his eyes. She had grown so much in 3 years. Well he had seen her a couple months ago, but it was harder to see how she looked then. He fought back the emotions that spread through him. A mark ran down the side of her face. A scar. To remind them everyday of how cruel some people can be.

"Well it sure ain't the Pope," Willow smiled.

"It's so good to see you," Giles wrapped his arms around his niece. Willow stiffened and Giles backed away.

"Sorry," the words rushed out of Willow's mouth. "It's just ever since..."

"I understand," Giles smiled gently.

Willow forced a smile. "When you get jumped by 8 girls, it's kind of hard to deal with being touched."

"I can only imagine," Giles said. He disliked the world sometimes.

"Soooo," Willow was trying to think of anything that would make this moment less awkward.

"Are you hungry?" Giles asked.

"Starving," Willow smiled.

"Well I know this lovely little cafe and then we can have a drive around and I will show you Sunny Dale," Giles bent down and picked up Willow's suitcase. "After you," he flung his arm to the side.

"Thank you," Willow smiled and walked ahead. Well her new life begins. Maybe if she keeps to herself, it won't be so bad.

So let me know what you guys think and if I should continue

Last edited by ashcrash71590 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Can a basketball love a computer? (AU)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
DIBS!!! :pinky :party :pinky

Wow, 'Uncle' Giles! Now that's a new twist and I like it! :grin

Intense beginning and I admit to loving high school stories so I'm interested. :bounce :pinky :eatme

Jumped by 8 girls! :fit :angry :rage Ouch! Scarred, that is a heart-breaker.

So I want to see how new Willow fits in and how she meets the other characters because there has to be a Xander, Buffy and perhaps a certain blonde . . . please? :pray

One suggestion, get a beta. Almost all of us (me, too - I know!!!) make an occasional typo or error of some kind, but a beta can really help. Just a thought.

But the bottom line is that this is an entirely new high school beginning for me and I am interested so keep going!!! :kgeek :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I'm digging it... Uncle Giles is a cool twist. I hate the idea of someone doing physical harm to Willow. But, i'm sure a blonde haired, blue eyed someone special will make all things right in the world of Willow!...What position will Tara play? She's a bit vertically challenged, so i'm assuming she'll be the point or shooting guard...unless you make her taller.

I'm on board...more please.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm 
5. Willowhand

I agree, nice twist with Uncle Giles. But poor Willow. It's just one shit sandwich after another isn't it? Hopefully things will be looking up now that she's in Sunnydale and a certain blonde will be making an appearance in her life...

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Great beginning to the new story. I've always been a fan of high school stories so keep updating. I will definitely be reading.

Alicia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:53 am 
5. Willowhand

Ariel:
I'm glad you enjoyed Uncle Giles and I'm glad you like the beginning. I always enjoyed the high school stories too just because I'm 21 so I can still relate more to high school times and college times. I wanted to try something new and I love basketball and it's rare you hear about either girl being on a team so I thought of something new :) And yes jumped by 8 girl :/ It's sad, but it'll work it's way into the story. I hope you keep reading and enjoying :)

Grimm:
I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I haven't really thought much about her position right now. But yes I will probably make her point guard or shooting guard. And if you think about on most high school teams the girl aren't really too tall. At least in my high school they weren't. And of course Tara will eventually make things better, it wouldn't be a Tara/Willow fic if that didn't happen now would it? :p

beautiful_love
I'm glad everyone enjoys the Uncle Giles thing. Thank you, I hope you keep reading :)

leesht1
Thank you :) I will update as much as possible, thank you for reading :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Really great first chapter
Giles is a good choice for a parental figure,
High school stories are always fun to read so I'm really looking forward to this one.
Really look forward to seeing how being in Sunnydale helps Willow obviously Tara will be important in that help.
Can't wait for more.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 pm 
5. Willowhand

Mgraham93:
I'm glad you enjoyed it :) And I agree, high school stories are always fun :)

Chapter 2

"It's not much," Uncle Giles said as they reached the front door to his apartment. "But Alyson and I made it a home and I hope you can too," Giles smiled at Willow.

He was trying. He had paid for dinner and had drove her all around. Showing her all these places, telling her stories of him and Aunt Alyson. It was cute, hearing about all the adventures they went on. They acted like two teenagers in love. It was something Willow always loved about them. She wanted a love like theirs. One that lasted forever. Even though her aunt was dead, she knew Uncle Giles still loved her very much. A love that lasts forever. That's what she wanted. Not one like her parents. One where they didn't even act like they loved each other.

"Wow," Willow said stepping into the apartment. When you first stepped in there was a big living room, well not too big, but still. There was a table near the front door with books and papers flung all over it. There was a couch and two chairs and a small TV. There were also bookshelves lined with books.

"The kitchen is small," Uncle Giles said taking a seat on a stool. "This is usually where I eat." There were two stools sitting at a window. On the other side of the window was a small kitchen. "Upstairs is my room. And down the hall," he pointed to a small hallway next to the kitchen. "Is a bathroom and your room. I have my own bathroom upstairs so the one down here will be yours. Your room is small," Uncle Giles rubbed the back of his head. "It's mostly just in case someone ever came to visit so it's nothing special."

It was then and there that Willow realized she had never been here. Aunt Alyson and Uncle Giles had lived in this apartment, in Sunny Dale, for years and she had never been here. They always came to her parents house. She wondered why that was.

"Well I'll let you get unpacked," Uncle Giles said. "Maybe in a little bit we could go for ice cream? It's to early to sleep, you want to make sure you sleep at a decent time for school tomorrow."

Fear shot through Willow, but she kept her composer. "Ice cream sounds great," she smiled and grabbed her suitcase. She walked down the hallway. It was small. On the left side was a bathroom and on the right side, right next to the kitchen was another door. Willow walked up to it and sat her suitcase down. She opened the door slowly. The room was small. There was one window and it was on the wall across from the door. There was a single bed under it. On the left wall was a nightstand right next to the bed. Against the right wall was a dresser. Against the wall that the door was on was a desk. Willow picked up her suitcase and walked inside. She set her suitcase on the bed and dropped her bag to the floor. She spun slowly in a circle and looked around the room. There was nothing on the pale yellow walls and nothing on the dresser or nightstand besides a small lamp. She would have to get decoration. She had lots of money saved up from her old job at the computer store. Enough to last a bit before she had to look for a new job. Her eyes stopped when she noticed something sitting on top the dresser. "Uncle Giles!" she shouted.

She heard Giles run down the hall. "What's... wrong," he was panting.

Willow gave him a funny look. "It's not that far of a run."

"I'm old and I think you gave me a slight heart attack," he said grabbing his chest.

Willow chuckled, then she remembered why she called him back there. "What is that?" she asked pointing towards the desk.

"What?" he looked at the desk. "Oh," he smiled in embarrassment. "I remembered when I was visiting you 3 months ago you were saying that you needed a new laptop and before you came here I asked your parents if you had gotten a new one and they said not that they knew of so I thought I'd take the chance, just in case, and get you one."

"Wow," Willow walked up to it. "Uncle Giles that's very sweet," she looked at him. "But you didn't have too."

"But I did," he smiled. "Finish unpacking," he walked out.

Willow couldn't believe it. That was so nice of him. Probably one of the nicest things someone had done for her. He was trying harder then her parents ever did. Every kid wants to feel loved and cared about and taken care. It was something her parents never made her feel so it was nice to finally feel that. Willow walked away from the laptop and back over to her suitcase, she opened it and started to pull out her clothes. She came to a photo booth picture of Lucas, Erin, and herself taken a couple days before she left. She sure did miss them. They all 3 became best friends at age 9. Well Lucas and Erin had been best friends since they were babies, but when Willow moved there they let her in right away. They were there for her through everything. She sighed and put the picture down.

When she was finished unpacking Willow slide her suitcase under the bed and sat down. She bounced a couple times. Hm comfy. She thought. She reached down and grabbed her bag off the floor and pulled her book out. It was a lesbian romance novel, her favorite thing to read. She leaned back against the wall and flipped through the pages. She was almost done. She hoped the bookstore here sold lesbian romance novels. She only had one other book left and then she would need to go out and buy another. She always wanted a love like in the books. A love that conquered all. A true love. She wanted to feel what the books and movies described. What Lucas described when he talked about his girlfriend. Willow had only dated two people her whole life and went on a date with another. When she was in 7th grade she went on a date with Todd. Todd was the king loser at school. All the other 'losers' looked up to him, he was kind of like a leader. All the loser girls wanted to date him, except Willow. But he wanted her. So she went on a date with him. Willow had never really been attracted to guys, it was always girls. She always wanted to kiss girls or cuddle girls or hold hands with girls, but since most people found this unnatural she never mentioned it to anyone. When she went on her date with Todd he asked for a kiss. So she did. Nothing. She felt nothing. She told him this and he got upset. Apparently he felt something, but he understood she didn't. Then her 8th grade year she date Lucas for 8 months. It was nothing serious. Just kissing and holding hands. Willow didn't feel anything, but she stuck with it.

Then she met Taylor. Taylor was beautiful and funny and smart. She was on the lacrosse team. Lucas wasn't mad when Willow and Taylor kissed. Erin and him had always assumed Willow was gay, but were just waiting for her to say something. "Some people just know from the beginning," Lucas always said. Willow knew she loved kissing Taylor and holding her hand and cuddling with her. She knew she wanted girls and she never need a lot of experience with a guy to know this or to know she wanted to lose her virginity to Taylor.

Too bad Taylor thought she needed a boyfriend. Thought her first time should be with a guy. To bad Taylor cheated on Willow and then dumped her. Taylor never wanted people to know about Willow. At first Willow thought it was because she was afraid for people to know she was gay, like Willow was afraid. But it was because Willow was just an experiment. Just something fun to do. Taylor never liked her. Taylor betrayed her. She didn't just dump Willow then leave her alone. No. She was one of the ones who taunted her. She was one of the ones who hurt her the worst. Willow threw her book across the room. It slammed against the wall then landed to the floor with a loud bang. She heard Giles running down the hall again.

"I'm fine," she said when he reached her room.

"Of... course... you... are..." he panted. "Stop doing that."

Willow chuckled. "I'm ready for ice cream. Are you?"

"Yes, just give my heart a couple minutes to beat normal again," he walked out.

Willow chuckled some more. She knew he would be this way for awhile. Cautious. Worried. Watching her every move. She looked down at her arm. Even though her jacket covered it, there were reasons why he was being this way and honestly Willow liked that he was. She had never had an adult care about her like this. It was different from her friends caring. Having an adult care kind of felt like she had a parent. She had her parents, but they were never really parents. Willow sighed and stood up, maybe living here wouldn't be so bad.
-------------------------------

"There is only one ice cream place in town," Giles said as they walked down the street. "So I hope they have what you like."

"Cotton Candy," Willow smiled up at him.

"Ah you are in luck because they have that and my favorite, chocolate."

"Don't all ice cream places have chocolate Uncle Giles," Willow chuckled.

"Well yes," he said.

Willow looked around. Sunny Dale was a small town. She liked it. She always wanted to experience living in a small town, in a small house. Even the high school didn't look that big when they drove by it. The small town was nice, but also scary. The smaller the town, the harder to hide. Willow had decided she wasn't going to tell anyone she was gay. If they asked about relationships she was just going to say she wasn't interested or that she had a boyfriend back home and get Lucas to pose as him.

"Here we are," Giles said walking up to a building at the corner of a road. He opened the door. "After you."

"Thank you," Willow said and walked in. The place was small. About 5 tables. At one an older couple sat. They were sharing an ice cream Sundae and smiling into each others eyes. Willow couldn't help but smile. At another table sat a women and her two kids. They were laughing and smiling and seemed to be having a good time. Willow had never really decided if she wanted kids, but she knew if she did have them she would be a better parent then her parents were.

"Danny you are such a jerk," Willow looked over at the other table that was taken. Well two tables. 4 guys and 5 girls sat at the two tables. 2 of the guys and 3 of the girls were wearing what looked to be like team jackets. The other 2 girls and 1 of the other guys were wearing cheer-leading outfits. Of course the boy had on sweats and not a skirt though. And the other boy was just dressed normal.

"Oh come on baby, lighten up," a boy wearing a jacket, who Willow was assuming was Danny, was saying to the brunette cheerleader. "I'm just having some fun."

"Fun," the brunette said. "How is throwing ice cream in my face fun?"

"Technically he didn't throw it," the other guy with a jacket on said. "He put it on your face."

"Shut-up Mike," the girl said.

"Come on Cordy it was cute," one girl with a team jacket on said. Willow's heart stopped when she saw the girl. She had long blonde haired that was pulled back into a ponytail. She had blue eyes and an amazing body. She was wearing basketball shorts and Willow could see her legs. Now usually Willow wasn't a leg girl, but this girl's legs were hard, firm looking and fit.

"Willow!," Willow jumped at her name.

"What?" she looked up at her uncle.

"Are you okay? You spaced."

"Um," Willow looked from her uncle to the girl then back at her uncle again. "Yeah I'm good."

"They go to your school," Giles smiled. "Come on," he grabbed her by the arm and gently pulled her.

"Where are we going?" Willow asked. "No, no, no," she tried to resist, but she didn't want to cause a scene.

"Hey guys," Giles said as the approached the table.

"Hey Mr. Giles," Mike stood up and gave him a high-five.

"How was the game?" Giles asked.

"We won," a Latino girl smiled.

"That's awesome," Giles pushed Willow forward some. "This is my niece Willow. She just moved in with me."

"Hi Willow, I'm Mike," Mike stuck out his hand. Willow hesitated, but took it. He seemed nice. He let go of her hand. "This is Danny," he pointed. "And that," he pointed at the brunette cheerleader. "is his girlfriend Cordelia and her best friend Harmony." he pointed at the blonde cheerleader. Harmony leaned over to Cordelia, her eyes never leaving Willow, and whispered something in her ear. Cordelia laughed and nodded. And so it begins. Willow thought. "That's Charlie," he pointed to the boy cheerleader. "And Ross," to the other boy. "and that's Rosa," he pointed to the Latino girl. "and Tanya," he pointed to a mixed girl. "and finally Tara," he pointed to the blonde whose beautiful bright blue eyes were fixed on Willow. "Yo Tara!"

"What?" Tara jumped and looked at Mike.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it was rude to stare," he smirked.

"What?" Tara looked at him then at the rest of the table who were all looking at her. She realized she'd been caught. She looked at Willow again. "Oh," she said and put her head down. "Sorry."

"Well we are going to go get ice cream," Giles said. He put his hands on Willow's shoulders and lead her to the stand.

"Did you see how she was dressed," Cordelia said when Willow and Giles walked away.

"Loser," Charlie piped in. They all laughed except Tara.

"I wonder how she got that scar?" Tanya asked.

"Who cares," Cordelia said. "It was gross. They have make up to cover those things."

"Hey now girls with scars are hot," Danny said.

"Oh shut-up," Cordelia hit him.

"Hey I agree she's pretty hot for a loser," Ross said. "I might try to hit that."

"Ew that's gross," Harmony said.

"Oh you're just mad because he'd hit a loser after you," Rosa said.

"Speaking of which," Ross leaned on the table towards Harmony. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing with you," she snapped back. The table was filled with Ooh's and ouch's.

"Whatever," Ross leaned back in his chair. "I'll just seeing what Willow is doing."

"Oh shut-up," Tara snapped. "Like she would go for you."

"Hey I hear losers are desperate," Ross said.

"No one is that desperate," Tara said. "She can get someone cuter."

"Hey what's your deal," Ross said. "I'm just kidding. Lighten up."

"Yeah, don't defend the geek," Cordelia said.

Tara just looked at them and rolled her eyes. She had heard Ross and the others talk about many girls and other people like this. Making fun of them, cutting them down. She never liked it, but whenever she said something it didn't help. She couldn't explain why she got so angry when they talked about Willow that way. Her friends started to talk about something else. Tara took this chance to sneak a glance at Willow who was just getting her ice cream cone. She stared at it with excitement, like a child would. Tara giggled.

"What are you laughing at?" Tanya asked.

"What?" Tara looked at her friends who were staring at her. "Nothing," she went back to eating her ice cream.

"Stop being a freak," Cordelia said. "Anyways..." and they went back to talking about whatever they were talking about.

Tara snuck another look at Willow who was just now leaving with Giles. She didn't care what her friends thought, she knew Willow was beautiful. And adorable and Tara had this really big urge to get to know her better.

Ash :)

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Can a basketball love a computer? (AU) (12/7/11
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:28 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I am definitely enjoying the beginning of this story. I like the way you set up the conversation with the popular group. We can already see Tara skating the line between the in crowd and out crowd as she defends the "losers". I also love the way Giles is overly sensitive to Willow. The looking at the wrist sleeve makes me wonder about cutting. Willow has had a lot to deal with and one way teens without loving homes (stupid Ira and Sheila) tend to deal with bottled up pain is cutting. Not sure if that is what she fell into but it does make sense that Giles would be jumpy. Being attacked like she was has a tendency to lead to PTSD. Anyway enough psych talk. I love the way the story is going and I plan on continuing to read and post, which I never do.

So keep up the good work

Alicia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey AC!

I'm still in - keep it rolling!!!

Like the popular kid chit chat - surprised Tara is even part of the group since she's so radically uncool. She must be a star on the basketball team or incredibly hot! Nevermind, question answered! :blush

Seriously, hope there's at least a few bits from some games especially since you know something about basketball.

Eager to see the W and the T become the W/T! :love

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

Nice update. Definitely concerned about the cutting issue. Scary. But it's great that she has Giles supporting her now. And I'm wondering how Tara gets to hang out with the "popular" kids if she's so against their ideals. Interesting.

And really Ariel?
Quote:
She must be a star on the basketball team or incredibly hot! Nevermind, question answered! :blush
Lol, come on. That was a gimme.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 pm 
5. Willowhand

leesht1:
Thank you :) Your feedback made my day when I read it. I'm glad you are enjoying the story. And yes the arm things was pointing towards an issue, but you'll find everything out as the story goes on :) I'm glad to have your attention and I hope to keep it as the story goes on :)

Ariel:
Haha Tara is both of those things and that is why she is in the popular group :p And there will be some bites from games :) I'm not an expert on basketball, but it is my favorite sport and I do enjoy playing it :) Thank you :)

beautiful_love:
Quote:
And I'm wondering how Tara gets to hang out with the "popular" kids if she's so against their ideals. Interesting.

Well have you ever had friends that you didn't agree with them, but they were still your friends so you dealt with it? Well that's kind of what Tara's doing. They are her team mates and they all weren't saying things :p Just a couple. It will make more sense as the story continues :) Thanks for your feedback, hope you enjoy the next chapter :)

So I know I'm horrible at answering your guys feedback :/ I'm odd when talking to people even online. Just bare with me! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 pm 
5. Willowhand

Chapter 3

"I'm sorry that you have to come to school earlier than anyone else," Giles said as Willow and himself drove down the empty streets of Sunny Dale. Well they weren't completely empty. Some people were up and about. Jogging or taking dogs for walks and it looked like some were getting ready to open shops. That was weird since it was only a little after 6.

"That's okay," Willow said. "I don't remember how to get to the school or I would have just walked later. Besides it's 6:10 and school starts at 7 so it's not even an hour early."

"By 10 minutes," Giles joked.

"Well this way I can walk around the school and get the feel of it," Willow said. She didn't want Uncle Giles to feel bad about her being there before anyone. Actually she really did remember how to get to the school, but she wanted to see where her classes were before school so she didn't have to ask for help.

"Well I guess that's a good point," Uncle Giles as they turned into the parking lot. A couple cars were already there, Willow assumed they were more teachers. Willow and Giles stepped out of his old car and Willow grabbed her bag. It was kind of chilly. Giles wore one of his suits. Willow wore a long jean skirt and a red shirt with a flower on it, but the shirt was covered by a black pull over hoodie. The hoodie was actually Lucas's so it was kind of big on her, but it was warm and it covered her. Willow liked wearing hoodies. They always made her feel safer. More secure. When it got hotter out is when she had to worry.

Willow looked at the school. It wasn't too small, but not to big. It had a lot of stairs outside and benches. Willow assumed that meant that kids got free range of the campus. At her old school you weren't allowed outside unless it was for gym or you were leaving to go home.

"Are you coming?" Giles asked. He was already heading towards the school.

"Oh yeah," Willow walked to catch up. She got lost in her thoughts a lot and didn't pay attention to what was going on. She wished she didn't have to pay attention to anything. She really disliked the world most of the time. Which is why she mostly stayed cooped up in her room unless she went out with Lucas or Erin, but even then she tried to get them to stay inside. Which they did. They knew how much the world had scared her. Especially the last few months. They tried to help as much as they could. They were really good friends.

"Do you have your schedule?" Giles asked.

"Yeah, I do," Willow reached in the pocket of her hoodie and pulled it out.

"Do you want me to show you around?"

"No that's okay," Willow smiled at her uncle. "You do what you have to do to get ready for the day. I'll be fine."

"Okay well follow me and I'll show you were the library is so you can find me if you need me throughout the day."

"Okay," Willow followed Giles down the hallways and they came to two big brown doors. "Wow these are odd doors for a school library."

"I've always liked them," Giles smiled as he opened the doors and walked in.

"I like them too," Willow followed. She stopped when she saw the library. She thought it looked amazing. Kind of old fashioned. Not many high school libraries looked like this. So far she was really liking Sunny Dale. "This place is cool looking," she said walking up to the counter and setting her bag down.

"I think so too," Giles said. "It doesn't look like much, but I always liked the old time looking theme of it," Giles was on the other side of the counter now. "So you gonna go find your classes?"

"Yes," Willow picked her bag back up. "If I need you, I'll come here."

"Have a good day," Giles smiled.

"I'll try," Willow walked out of the library. She stood there and didn't know which way to take. She pulled her cellphone out and looked at the time. 6:23. She took a right and headed in that direction. The hallways were so empty. It was kind of eerie.

"Can I help you?" Willow jumped at the voice and turned around to see a women standing behind her.

"Um uh I'm Willow, I just moved here," Willow didn't want to get into trouble. "I was just trying to find my classes before the rush of students came in."

"Willow," the women said then smiled. "You are Giles niece."

"Yes," Willow smiled.

"I'm Mrs. Carter. You actually have me first period. 11th grade English," she grabbed Willow's arm. "Follow me." They walked down the hallway. Took a right then a left and stopped at a door. "Here you go. Do you want my help for the rest?"

"Uh no," Willow didn't want to hurt her feelings, but she wanted to not make conversation with anyone right now, even a teacher. "I'm just gonna search and pass the time."

"Okay, well at least take this," Mrs. Carter walked into her room and up to her desk. She opened the door and took a paper out. She walked over to Willow and handed it to her. "Good luck," she said and walked back down the hallway.

Willow watched her go then looked at the paper. It was a map of the school. Well it would have been helpful to know they had maps earlier. I guess Uncle Giles forgot to mention that. Now finding her classes would be easy. Now what am I suppose to do. Willow turned back around and walked down another hallway. Some of the lockers looked old and beat up, but some looked in shape. Some had writings on them. One had a picture of one stick figure punching another in the face. Cute. So cute. Willow rolled her eyes and kept walking. She stopped when she heard what sounded like a ball bouncing. She tried to hear where the ball was coming from. She followed the sounds and came to a pair of double doors. A couple feet down from them was another pair. Willow peered through the window and her heart stopped when she saw who was bouncing the ball. Why does my heart do that when I see her? Because she's fucking gorgeous duh Rosenburg. But I've never had that happen and I've seen gorgeous girls before. Not as gorgeous as her though. As Willow had a mental fight with herself, Tara stopped bouncing and threw the ball. Her feet lifted off the ground just a smidgen and her arms followed upward. The ball flew out of her right hand with ease and went through the air. The net swished as the ball went through. Tara ran down to grab the ball. Willow watched as Tara made basket after basket. As she ran from one side to the other. Willow loved the way her body moved. She couldn't help, but stare. She had been so focused she hadn't noticed she had pushed one door open and was just staring at Tara.

"Are you having fun?" Willow jumped at the voice. She turned to see Cordelia standing behind her. "What are you doing freak?"

"I uh um..." Willow heard the ball stop bouncing and she turned to see Tara staring at them.

"Hey Tara I think you have a new admirer," Cordelia smirked. Willow looked at Cordelia then at Tara then at Cordelia and back at Tara then took off down the hall.

"Cordelia," Tara threw the ball across the gym. She ran up to Cordelia, "You are such a bitch sometimes." she took off down the hallway after Willow. She looked and looked, but she couldn't find her. Damn she is pretty fast. Tara just headed back to the gym.
-----------------------------------
Willow didn't stop running till she got to the library. She flung open the doors and collided with something. "Ah," she yelled and so did someone else. "I'm so sorry," Willow said as she picked up a book off the floor. She looked up and a brown haired boy was staring at her.

"No problem," the boy said. He stood up and held out his hand for Willow. Willow hesitated again, but took it and let the boy help her up. "I'm Xander," the boy said taking the book from Willow.

"I'm Willow."

"Oh you're Giles niece," Xander said. "He just told me you were wandering around somewhere."

"He did? Well he just tells everyone," Willow said. She thought it was sweet that he was so excited.

"Well I've known you were coming," Xander said. When Willow gave me an odd look he continued, "My dad is Alex. Alexander Harris."

Willow thought for a moment then it clicked. "Giles best friend."

"Yeah," Xander smiled.

"So you have..."

"Two dads," Xander smiled. "And neither are very happy with my grades. I have to come here a half hour before school and study everyday. Today I overslept though, but I figured I'd come and let Giles know. Sucks, but I like making my dads proud."

Willow knew the feeling of wanting to make parents happy. To bad she never seemed to be able to do that. "Well you know I could help," Willow said.

"Really?" Xander smiled. "You would do that?"

"Well if you don't mind hanging out with a freak."

"A freak?" Xander said. "Cordelia right?"

Willow gave him a puzzled look. "How did you know?"

"Well Giles said you guys ran into her and some others last night and Cordelia calls everyone she doesn't think is cool a freak and a loser. Have you gotten that yet? Because I get it like everyday."

"Not yet, but I'm thinking it's coming."

"Well stick with me," Xander smiled. "You can join me and my loser friends and just ignore Cordelia and her friends."

"Sounds good," Willow smiled. Xander seemed nice. She was hoping his friends were too.

"So what made her call you a freak?" Xander asked as they walked back out the library. "Not that she needs a reason, but still."

Willow debated on telling him, but since he had two dads maybe he wouldn't find it weird. "I was watching this girl named Tara playing basketball."

"Tara," Xander smirked. "She's cute and one hell of a player. She's the team captain."

"Really?"

"Yup, she's smart and funny and amazing."

"Sounds like someone has a crush," Willow smirked.

"Don't tell my girlfriend," he joked. "Everyone has a crush on Tara, but dating her is like impossible."

"Why?" disappointment went through Willow. Not that she ever had a chance, but it was nice dreaming.

"She is really picky about her girls."

"Girls," Willow said a little louder then she meant too. Some students that were starting to arrive gave her a funny look, but kept walking.

"Yeah she's gay," Xander said.

"And she's popular?"

"No one cares about that stuff here," Xander stopped walking. "I know what happened to you," he saw Willow wince at what he meant. "It's different here. Yeah you have the cool kids and the losers. The jocks and the nerds. The drama kids and the computer kids. But sexual orientation is not an issue. A lot of people here are gay or bi and out. You'll be fine," Xander smirked.

Willow eased up. Xander seemed nice and he had two dads and if Tara was gay and popular then most people must not care.

"Who is she?" a dirty blonde-haired girl came walking up to them.

"Hey baby," Xander walked up to her and went to kiss her cheek, but the girl backed away.

"Who is she?" she asked again.

"Anya this is Willow, Giles niece."

"Hi," Willow said to the girl.

"Why were you with her alone?" Anya asked him ignoring Willow's hi.

"She's gay," Xander said.

"Xander," Willow hissed.

"Gay?" Anya looked at her. She got a big smile on her face and jumped up and down. "I love gay people," she lunged at Willow and gave her a hug. Willow tensed up.

"Anya," Xander pulled his girlfriend off Willow when he saw Willow tense up. "Calm down."

"We can be best friends," Anya said. "Where is your first class?"

"Uh English with Ms. Carter."

"Oh poo," Anya frowned. "What about second?"

"Uh," Willow pulled her schedule out. "Gym with Ms. Jackson."

"Yippie," Anya jumped up and down again. "We have it together. See you there best friend. Come on," she grabbed Xander's arm and they walked off.

"Bye Will," Xander called over his shoulder. Willow just waved. What a very odd girl Anya was, but she seemed nice.

Willow walked down the halls that were now filled with kids. Fear started to spread through her. She should have asked Xander and Anya to stay with her. They seemed nice. Willow reached her classroom and walked in. There was a couple kids in there, who looked at her as she entered, but mostly the room was empty, including of Mrs. Carter. Willow took a seat in the back, put her bag on her desk and hunched down. Maybe no one would see her. A couple more kids walked in. A boy in a team jacket came walking up to her. "Hey loser," he said. All the kids turned to look. "You're in my seat." Willow just stared at him. The fear that was just starting to settle came bubbling back. The boy leaned down some. "Did you hear me or are you stupid?" the boy said. Some kids laughed. The boy was big, he had to be on the football team.

"If you are failing all your classes, you really shouldn't call someone else stupid," a blonde girl said. She was small. Very small. Smaller and shorter than Willow.

"Excuse me," the boy straightened back up and looked at the girl.

"Oh I'm sorry did you hear me or are you stupid?" the girl said. A couple kids snickered.

"Why don't you shut up," the boy said.

"Oh nice come back," the girl put her hands up in defense. "How long did it take you to come up with that one?"

"You know what..." the boy slammed his books down.

"Alright, alright," Mrs. Carter said coming into the room. "I don't know what's going on, but Mr. Anderson, Ms. Summers take your seats."

"She is in my seat," the boy pointed to Willow.

"Stop being a baby," the blonde said.

"Find another seat Mr. Anderson and sit down Ms. Summers," Mrs. Carter said. The boy glared at the blonde and went to find another seat. The blonde sat next to Willow.

"Ignore him," she said.

"Uh thanks," Willow said.

"I'm Buffy," the blonde smiled.

"I'm Willow."

"I kind of figured. Red hair, green eyes," Buffy said. Willow just looked at her. "Xander and Anya are my best friends. I just ran into them."

"Oh," Willow smiled.

"Let's get started," Mrs. Carter said.

Maybe things won't be to bad. Willow thought as she took out her notebook.

Last edited by ashcrash71590 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Can a basketball love a computer? (AU) (12/8/11
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!! :pinky :party :pinky :whip

The plot is thickening . . . liked Willow watching Tara play mmmmmmmm, nice! And yeah, Jessica, I'll get you back for that post! Oops, back to story!

Liked seeing Xander and Anya and Buffy, still great with the comebacks and still fighting for the right - nice!!!

Fun that Tara is popular AND gay, nice change from the usual, fresh - like it!

Keep going!!! You're on a roll!

Ariel
[url=http://thekittenboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=6128]How I

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:42 pm 

I love it!.....Xander having two dads is a nice touch. I'm glad Willow has the rest of the scoobies there to ease her transition. I already detest your Cordelia.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I'm definitely hooked to the story. :) I am not a big fan of Cordelia already, which means you are setting her character up perfectly. The description of Tara playing basketball was wonderful. Any girl in their right gay mind would not pass up a chance to see that. No wonder Willow got caught staring. I love how Giles set up a network of people for Willow by mentioning it to Xander. Having a support network after a traumatic encounter is important. I love the way Anya got excited over a gay friend. She has no social etiquette I see. That is true Anya fashion. Throw in the jealousy of other girls with Xander, specifically Willow, and you've already started staying true to the unique character that is Anya. I can't wait for more.

Alicia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:20 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Hmm, interesting that in a presumably non-supernatural 'verse, still nobody can back Buffy down. I kinda missed the thing with Giles and "Alexander Sr." Looking forward to Tara's actually encountering-not-in-passing Willow in school.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:53 pm 
5. Willowhand

Wow, super fast update. First off yay for Tara getting back in Cordelia's face. She's such a bitch. Really glad to see the others show up in the story. I didn't know if you were going to have them be a part of the story or not. And it was so funny to see Anya's reaction to Willow. Spot on Anya. And of course everyone has a crush on Tara. :drool Yeah, she's... Well there are no words. Looking forward to the next update.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 pm 
5. Willowhand

Ariel:
Quote:
Fun that Tara is popular AND gay, nice change from the usual, fresh - like it!

Yeah I wanted to try something different from the usual. Glad you are enjoying the story :)

Grimm:
Quote:
Xander having two dads is a nice touch.

Thank you :) Thank you for the feedback, glad you are enjoying the story :)

leesht1:
Quote:
The description of Tara playing basketball was wonderful.

Thank you :)
Quote:
She has no social etiquette I see. That is true Anya fashion.

I always like to keep Anya close to her character on Buffy. I just really can't imagine her any other way. Glad you are enjoying the story.

DaddyCatALSO:
Quote:
I kinda missed the thing with Giles and "Alexander Sr."

It was mentioned in the first chapter. Just a brief thing about how Giles best friend was gay :)

beautiful_love:
Quote:
Really glad to see the others show up in the story. I didn't know if you were going to have them be a part of the story or not.

Well of course the others are in it, wouldn't be much of a story :) Glad you are enjoying the story :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:18 pm 
5. Willowhand

Chapter 4

First period wasn't so bad. It might have been if it wasn't for Buffy. Right now she was Willow's superhero. Willow was thankful that Uncle Giles had a gay best friend whose son went to her school and that Xander was really nice and that he had really nice friends. She was also happy that being gay wasn't a big deal here. Now she just had to worry about being considered a "loser". But she was used to that. That was always easier to deal with then the gay situation. At least when she was just a loser she had a bunch of friends. When she was outed for being gay half those "loser" friends turned on her too. Made fun of her like everyone else. They all ganged up on her. Losers, jocks, cheerleaders, drama kids. Everyone. Being the only gay kid sucked. At least now it was different.

"Earth to Willow."

"What?" Willow looked at Buffy.

Buffy laughed. "I asked what you were doing tonight."

"Oh um I'm not sure. Why?" Willow hadn't really thought about how she was going to spend her time outside of school. She was always mostly concerned with how the first day was going to go and if living with Uncle Giles would be better or worse then living back home. If you can even call it at home. Actually you couldn't. She had no home.

"Well there is this place called the Bronze. It's where a lot of teenagers around here go. It's basically just a place to hang out, dance, play pool, eat, and they have live bands there a lot. And sometimes poetry readings and all. It's pretty fun. Xander, Anya, and I go there a lot."

"Oh and losers are allowed there?" Willow joked.

Buffy laughed again. "Yeah anyone can go there. Cordelia gives us a hard time sometimes, but she does to everyone. Even her friends sometimes. I'm surprised she has friends."

"Me too," Willow said. She wondered how anyone would want to be friends with someone like Cordelia. Especially Tara. By the way Xander was talking about her, she seemed nice, different. That's what you want yourself to believe Rosenburg. She probably thinks you're a loser too. Especially since you were staring at her like an idiot.

"Do you do that a lot?" Buffy asked.

"Do what?"

"Zone?"

"Oh," Willow looked down. "Yeah, sorry."

"It's cool," Buffy smiled. She was nice. Willow really liked her.

"Best friend!" Willow heard and then was engulfed in a hug. She didn't have to look to know who it was.

"Hi Anya," Willow said.

"Sheesh Anya calm down," Buffy said.

"Time for gym," Anya said letting go of Willow. She reached up and kissed Xander's cheek then grabbed Willow's hand and took off, dragging Willow with her.

"Bye," Willow said as she was being pulled.

"That poor girl," Buffy shook her head.

"It's not me for once," Xander said.

"Good point," Buffy smiled. "So I invited Willow to the Bronze with us, but she didn't give me a full answer."

"Eh well ask her again," Xander looked down the hall his girlfriend and Willow just went down. "She has a lot to adjust to, she might not be ready for that yet."

"Be ready to hang?" Buffy gave him a puzzling look.

Xander just shook his head. He hadn't told Buffy and Anya about Willow getting jumped. Getting bullied. Being in the hospital. None of it. "Time for science," Xander put his arm around Buffy's shoulders and lead her in the opposite way down the hall.
-------------------------------

"It'll be nice to have someone in my class," Anya said as her and Willow went through a door. They were now arm and arm and Willow enjoyed that more then being pulled. Although she still didn't like the fact that she was being touched, but going with it seemed smarter then jerking away and having to answer questions.

"You don't know anyone in your class?" Willow asked as Anya lead her down a small hallway. There were some kids goofing off and playing around.

"I do, but I'm really only close to Xander and Buffy. Most people think I'm weird. They don't talk to me much."

"Oh," Willow said. They passed by a door that read 'Boys Locker Room' and came to a door that said 'Girls Locker Room.' Anya pushed the door open and they entered. There were some girls in there getting changed. "We get changed in front of everyone?" Willow asked. Fear spread through her. If she did that then everyone would see and there would be questions and looks and whispers. She didn't want that. She knew it would happen eventually, but she didn't want it yet.

"You don't have too," Anya said coming to a locker. "There is a bathroom," she pointed to a door. "But a lot of girls get changed in there. It's faster this way." Anya opened a locker. "We can be locker buddies," Anya smiled. "Since I'm assuming they didn't tell you to bring a lock for your locker." Willow shook her head. "That's what I thought. They don't really tell any of the kids, but you don't want your clothes getting stolen and trust me," Anya pulled her gym clothes out of her bag. "They will get stolen."

Willow pulled her clothes out as well. "I think I'm gonna get changed in the bathroom."

"If you want too," Anya shrugged.

Willow turned and stopped in her tracks. Tara was coming in the locker room. Willow smiled, but the smiled dropped when she saw Cordelia, Harmony, Rosa, and Tanya coming in behind her.

"He is such a jerk sometimes," Cordelia said.

"Well it is Danny," Tanya said. "And he's a dumbass. Don't take it to heart. He loves you, he just has a problem using his brain."

"Yeah you knew that before you guys dated," Rosa said.

"We've been dating almost 2 years, you would think he would mature from being a freshmen," Cordelia said.

"Yeah right," Harmony said.

"And what do you know," Cordelia turned to her. "You've never really had a boyfriend."

"I have Ross."

"Sweetie all you are to him is a fuck," Cordelia said.

"Cordelia," Tara hissed.

"Well it's kind of true," Tanya said.

"Can we just get changed?" Rosa said.

"Please," Tara said.

"I thought you were getting changed?"

"What?" Willow turned to Anya who was standing in her gym shorts and a bra. "Oh," Willow looked at the clothes in her hand. "Right," Willow went into the bathroom. Lucky for her there was a stall open. Willow went in and took her hoodie off. She hung it on the hook. She pulled off her shirt and looked at her arms. She would wear the hoodie. She was hoping they were doing something outside or it might look weird that she was wearing the hoodie. She grabbed her gym shirt and put it on.
----------------------------------
"Looks like Willow found her place," Cordelia said when Willow had went into the bathroom.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Anya asked. She had pulled her gym shirt on and was standing there waiting for Willow.

"A loser belongs with a loser," Cordelia said.

"Cordelia," Tara said.

"What?" Cordelia looked at her. "It's true."

"It is," Harmony said.

"No one asked you lap dog," Anya snapped. Tara and Rosa laughed. Cordelia looked at them.

"What?" Rosa asked. "It was funny. When something is funny I laugh, got a problem with it?"

Cordelia just looked away from her and back at Anya. "You have a lot of room to talk about animals." Cordelia smirked and opened her locker.

"That made no sense," Anya said. "Then again neither does half the...Ahh," Anya screamed. Everyone in the locker room looked at her. "Get it away," Anya backed against the locker. Cordelia was holding a pink bunny stuffed animal.

"You.. keep.. that.. in.. your.. locker.." Tara said slowly.

"Wow," Rosa said and went back to changing.

"Scared Anya," Cordelia mocked.

"Wow," Willow said as she came out of the bathroom. Unlike everyone else though, Willow was staring at Tara and the fact that she was standing in gym shorts and a black sports bra. Willow took in notice that Tara's body was firm, fit. Tight. Muscular. Willow's thoughts got messed up as she stared.

"Go away," Anya ran past Willow, knocking into her, and into the bathroom.

"Cordelia," Tara said. Willow looked at the bathroom door then back at Tara.

"What are you looking at?" Cordelia said. She looked at Tara who looked at Willow. "Ah," Cordelia smirked and looked back at Willow. "You can't get enough can you?"

Willow's face turned red and she ran after Anya.

"Cordelia," Tara pulled her shirt on and threw her stuff in her locker. "You can't wait till she's here a whole fucking day before being a bitch." Tara slammed her locker, locked it, and walked out of the locker room.

"What's her deal?" Tanya asked.

"Gee I wonder," Rosa said. She shut her locker, locked it and went after Tara.

"Whatever," Cordelia rolled her eyes.
-----------------------------
"Anya," Willow said. There were a couple girls in the bathroom, but most were already in the gym.

"In here," she heard a voice and a bathroom stall lock unhitched.

Willow pushed the door open. Anya was sitting on the floor, her knees brought up to chest, her head resting on them. "You okay?" Willow closed the door, locked it and sat next to Anya.

"I hate bunnies," Anya said staring at the stall wall.

"Uh why?" Willow had heard of many weird fears. She knew someone once who was afraid of Blue Jays. No other birds in the whole world. Just Blue Jays.

"I used to love them. My aunt had a bunch of them. I used to go to her house and play with them all the time. One day she got a new bunny," Anya looked at Willow. "His name was Mr. Flufferson."

Willow chuckled. Anya gave her a look. "Sorry," Willow said.

"I wanted to play with him," Anya looked at the stall wall again. "So I did. And he attacked me. He bit my face all over. I was crying and screaming. There was blood on my face. I was only 5."

"Oh god," Willow was now a little scared of bunnies as well.

"My aunt got rid of him, but I was never the same. I couldn't go near the bunnies. It got so bad that I just couldn't go to her house."

"Hey," Willow and Anya both jumped at the voice.

"Are you guys gonna talk sob stories and get detention or go out to the gym?"

Willow and Tara jumped up and opened the door. A girl stood outside it, with a smirk on her face.

"Dakota you are such a jerk," Anya said. "I thought you were a teacher."

"Some people still have to get dressed so get out the stall you fucking dykes."

The word hit Willow and she tensed up as if someone was about to hit her with a bat.

"Excuse me," Anya took a step towards her.

"You stepping up to me Jenkins?" Dakota took a step forward. They were now face to face.

"Let's go," Willow found her voice and grabbed Anya's arm pulling her out of the bathroom.

Tara was leaning against the wall in the hallway. She had told the others she needed to pee and came back in. She wanted to apologize to Willow. She didn't want her to think she was like Cordelia.

"I thought you said people didn't have a problem with it," she heard Willow's voice and looked up. Her heart ached when she saw fear in Willow's eyes.

"You are gonna have homophobic assholes everyone and Dakota is one of them. Just ignore her," Anya said.

"I hate being called a dyke," Willow said. Neither girl noticed Tara standing there and they walked through the doors to the gym.

Tara's hand clenched into a fist. She walked into the locker room. Dakota was just coming out of the bathroom, followed by her friends Amy and Lisa. "Hey," Tara said.

"What?" Dakota asked her. Tara grabbed Dakota by the shirt and slammed her against the locker. "What the fuck is your problem?" Dakota asked.

"What were you told about gay bashing," Tara asked. Anger flood through her veins.

"What are you talking about?"

"You called that girl a dyke," Lisa said.

"Shut up," Dakota said.

"You made a mistake," Tara said.

"What's going on?" Tara heard Cordelia's voice.

"Dakota said the word dyke and..."

"Shut up Lisa," Dakota shouted.

"Tara," Rosa pulled her friend away from Dakota.

"No," Tara tried to pull away. "I didn't punch her yet."

"Tara stop," Rosa held Tara against her. Tara was strong, but Rosa was stronger. Tara knew this so she stopped fighting.

"What have I told you," Cordelia took a step towards Dakota. "You fucked up," Cordelia shoved Dakota against the locker. "I warned you. I can make your life at this school," Cordelia got close to Dakota's face. "A living hell. I told you to watch it, but I guess you just can't."

"What's going on in here?" Cordelia jerked away from Dakota.

"Nothing Ms. Carmen," Cordelia said.

"Uh huh," Ms. Carmen said. "Gym, now."

All the girls took off out the locker room.

"Thanks," Tara said to Cordelia.

"No one fucks with my friend," Cordelia smiled.

It was moments like that Tara was reminded of why she put up with Cordelia. The girls joined the rest of the kids on the bleachers. Tara looked around until she spotted Willow two rows up and to the left some. Her and Anya were talking about something and Willow smiled. Tara's heart quickened. Oh shit that's the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen.

"Okay kids," Ms. Carmen said. "Today we are going to be running." There was some groans amongst the kids. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everyone outside."
-------------------------------------
Once outside the kids all piled up at one end of the field. "I want 2 laps. Around the whole field," Ms. Carmen blew a whistle and the kids were off. In a matter of seconds Willow was in front of basically everyone.

"Holy shit," Rosa said as Willow went by her and Tara.

Tara watched her go. No wonder she out ran me. Hm nice ass. Tara couldn't help, but stare. When she almost tripped, Rosa gave her a funny look. "Don't worry about it," Tara said. She took off running and tried to catch up with Willow.

Willow realized she was a head of everyone except for two boys. She slowed down some. She knew everyone was watching her.

"Damn," Willow heard a voice and turned her head. Tara was next to her. "You can run," Tara smirked at her. Willow got caught up in the half grin that formed on Tara's lips and she tripped.

"Agh," Willow hit the ground.

"Willow," Tara shouted and stopped. "Are you okay," she bent down and looked at Willow. Willow looked up into Tara's eyes and all words escaped her. She couldn't even form a sound as she stared into pools of blue.

Unknown to Willow, words had escaped from Tara as well, as she stared into the most beautiful green eyes she'd ever seen. Well the most beautiful eyes she'd ever seen.

"Everything okay here," Ms. Carmen asked coming up to the girls. Neither said anything, they just stared at each other. Ms. Carmen smirked, shook her head and blew her whistle.

"Ah!" Willow and Tara both yelled and looked up at their teacher.

Ms. Carmen was smiling at them. "You okay?"

"Uh yeah," Willow went to get up. Tara did too.

"Rosenburg right? Willow. You are my new student."

"Yes ma'am," Willow said.

Willow Rosenburg. Cute. Tara smirked.

"That was some nice running," Ms. Carmen said.

"I did track back home," Willow said. That wasn't the full story, but they didn't need to know that.

"You should think about joining the team here. I'm the coach and my team..." Ms. Carmen was trying to find the right words.

"Fucking suck," Tara said.

"Thank you," Ms. Carmen looked at her.

"No problem," Tara said and Willow smiled.

"I'll think about it," Willow said.

"You do that. Now get back to running and Ms. Mcclay?"

"Yes?" Tara looked at her.

"Do me a favor, no more distracting Ms. Rosenburg. I remember being in high school and being in love, but focus on school while here." Ms. Carmen walked away. Both girls blushed and looked at the ground.

"Damn... Willow..." Anya said coming up to the girls. She was panting. "You're fast." She looked at the two girls who were looking at the ground. "You guys okay?"

"I have to go," Willow said and took off running again.

"Ugh," Tara said. "Why is it so hard."

"Why is what hard?" Anya asked.

"Talking to her. I've never had a hard time talking to girls. Well I mean I've never tried talking to a girl as gorgeous as her. Well there is no girl as gorgeous as her, but that's..." Tara's words trailed off when she realized she was talking to Anya, a girl she'd never spoken to before. Anya just smiled at her. "I have to go," Tara said and took off running.

"Well, well, well," Anya smirked.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Can a basketball love a computer? (AU) (12/11/1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Gym class. That is definitely a way to distract a girl. I love how Willow is a runner. I could totally see that. Her body type fits really well with a sport like track. Then there is Tara in a bra and shorts. I'm surprised Willow's head didn't explode. Pretty sure mine would have. I love how Cordelia has two sides to her. On one hand she is rude and obnoxious but on the other hand she protects her friends. It is starting to make sense now why Tara would associate with her. Then the teacher talking about love. That was embarrassing. Poor Willow, no wonder she ran off. I'd have done the same thing if my gym teacher did that. This story just keeps getting better. Keep up the good work.

Alicia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm 

Cute....and so it begins!....So, Cordelia can act like a caring human being after all :hmm ...who knew?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:45 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Just caught up with your fic. I'm really excited to see where this is going! :D Tara's personality is really intriguing and so is Willow as the shy girl. Can't wait for more!

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Intriguing opening with Willow living somewhere that isn’t SunnyDale but she is still out favourite nerdy computer gal.

She would have guys that never gave her the time of day before, come up to her and say 'They could make her normal.'

I always hate the usage of that word, normal to describe someone’s gender leanings. It always smacks of people saying that it’s wrong to be gay and that really annoys me.

Will her old high school friends ‘Lucas and Erin’ show up in SunnyD to visit our favourite redhead?

Being made fun of for being gay was harder to deal with.

Awww, poor Willow sounds like she needs a kitten hug to me.

Then all the problems started at home.

Will we discover what these problems are. I’m guessing that it’s to do with a whole lot more than just Willow being outed?

A mark ran down the side of her face. A scar. To remind them everyday of how cruel some people can be.

Willow forced a smile. "When you get jumped by 8 girls, it's kind of hard to deal with being touched."

Grrr, give me a few moments alone with those girls and I’d leave those beeyatches with more than a few scars on their faces.

When I first joined the KittenBoard I was chatting with some of the fine ladies on this site and they were saying about how they had been battered in high school just for being gay and plenty of those stories were just really upsetting to me so hearing about things like this assault on Willow really makes me angry.

I’m guessing that Willow and Tara will come together but will there be some other friends for Willow like Buffy, Dawn, Xander and possibly Faith?

I liked the beginning to chapter 2 with the descriptions of Willow’s friendship with Lucas and Erin and how much it means to her, then the descriptions of Giles’ apartment.

Too bad Taylor thought she needed a boyfriend. Thought her first time should be with a guy. To bad Taylor cheated on Willow and then dumped her.

Poor Willow and what a beeyatch that Taylor was for breaking her heart like that.

Taylor never wanted people to know about Willow. At first Willow thought it was because she was afraid for people to know she was gay, like Willow was afraid. But it was because Willow was just an experiment. Just something fun to do. Taylor never liked her. Taylor betrayed her. She didn't just dump Willow then leave her alone. No. She was one of the ones who taunted her. She was one of the ones who hurt her the worst. Willow threw her book across the room. It slammed against the wall then landed to the floor with a loud bang. She heard Giles running down the hall again.

Ok, now I’m officially pissed, first Taylor dumps Willow because she’s just an experiment????? Then after hurting our beloved redhead she becomes one of those who taunt her. This Taylor has officially made the list of people who need a seriously good slapping.

I’m glad that Willow has ‘Uncle Giles’ there to fall back on has at least one parent figure to look after her.

At another table sat a women and her two kids.

Could this be Joyce, Buffy and Dawn perhaps?

She had long blonde haired that was pulled back into a ponytail. She had blue eyes and an amazing body. She was wearing basketball shorts and Willow could see her legs. Now usually Willow wasn't a leg girl, but this girl's legs were hard, firm looking and fit.

Ok, muchness with the droolness here on my part :drool

"That's awesome," Giles pushed Willow forward some. "This is my niece Willow. She just moved in with me."

Not to be negative to your story here Ashcrash, which I’m really enjoying but would Giles really talk like that?

Tara snuck another look at Willow who was just now leaving with Giles. She didn't care what her friends thought, she knew Willow was beautiful. And adorable and Tara had this really big urge to get to know her better.

Yeah Tara, you go get your gorgeous redhead and screw what everyone else says. Remember, she’s not a desperate loser, just very fussy about the company she’s seen in.

I’m really enjoying this story so far with some interesting ideas, just promise me there won’t be that much angst, I don’t like angst it makes my tummy all achey.

Willow liked wearing hoodies. They always made her feel safer. More secure. When it got hotter out is when she had to worry.

I’m guessing that Willow likes hoodies so that she can hide in them, no one would recognise her in a hoodie unless they knew what her bag looked like.

She really disliked the world most of the time. Which is why she mostly stayed cooped up in her room unless she went out with Lucas or Erin,
They knew how much the world had scared her. Especially the last few months

Poor Willow, at least at home she had friends to look after her. Hopefully it won't be long before she and Tara become best friends, and then breast friends ;)

she took off down the hallway after Willow. She looked and looked, but she couldn't find her. Damn she is pretty fast. Tara just headed back to the gym.

Hmmm, now I wonder if this means that our favourite blonde will persuade our favourite redhead to have a go at basketball? Maybe Willow will prove to be an excellent dribbler

Additional thought; maybe Cordy is actually a lesbian too but still in the closet and has secret yearnings for Tara.

Apart from being jumped by eight girls for being gay, which I seriously do not understand, what other cruel shit has happened to Willow and why? I always liked Willow as she always seemed so sweet and innocent.

"Well I've known you were coming," Xander said. When Willow gave me an odd look he continued, "My dad is Alex. Alexander Harris."

Willow thought for a moment then it clicked. "Giles best friend."

"Yeah," Xander smiled.

"So you have..."

"Two dads," Xander smiled."

This is an interesting twist on things, with Xander having two fathers, both of whom seem to care about him.

"Well stick with me," Xander smiled. "You can join me and my loser friends and just ignore Cordelia and her friends."

I hope that Buffy and Dawn and Tara are amongst Xander’s friends. Willow really needs some decent people round her to care for her.

YAY, I just read the really cool awesome scene where Buffy comes and stands up for Willow. AWESOME.

Sorry that it’s taken me so long to provide feedback but as soon as I was about to provide some you had already written a new chapter.

Definitely loving this story. Intrigued by the idea of a school where it’s ok to be gay or bi and out and that it’s even possible to be gay and popular like Tara. Must admit I am getting a bit bored with reading stories where Cordy is the ultimate bitch as she is in Ariel’s fan-fic ‘How I Met Your Mother.’

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:21 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Ash,

First, LOVE how fast you're updating this fic! :applause

I really like that Willow runs fast; I can see those long legs moving and I like the thought! :blush

I also loved that Willow and Tara actually got to talk to each other and thought it was GREAT that the gym teacher had a sense of humor and was accepting of their feelings. Total change from my high school!

Dakota is a true bitch and it was good to see Tara put her in her place AND see Cordelia stick up for Tara like she did. I like the complexity in Cordelia's character; she is loyal to her friends and that adds a positive dimension to her which helps explain her popularity.

Really enjoy this fic! So glad you're writing - you can't turn 'em out too fast for me! :bounce :pinky :eatme

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:32 pm 
5. Willowhand

leesht1
Quote:
I love how Cordelia has two sides to her. On one hand she is rude and obnoxious but on the other hand she protects her friends. It is starting to make sense now why Tara would associate with her.

I told you guys it would :p I kind of wanted to keep Cordelia like herself too, as much as I could. In the show she was like this. On one hand a complete bitch, but she had a sensitive side. You saw it more as the show progressed, but it was shown in the beginning some.
Quote:
This story just keeps getting better. Keep up the good work.

Thank you :) I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Grimm
Thank you :)

nightmask
Thank you :) I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

willowtaralover
I'm pretty sure that you just gave me the longest feedback I've ever gotten on a story :p I quite enjoyed it :)
Quote:
Ok, now I’m officially pissed, first Taylor dumps Willow because she’s just an experiment????? Then after hurting our beloved redhead she becomes one of those who taunt her. This Taylor has officially made the list of people who need a seriously good slapping.

Oh trust me, you'll dislike her even more later on.
Quote:
At another table sat a women and her two kids.

Could this be Joyce, Buffy and Dawn perhaps?

No I actually wasn't going for that. It was just a random women and her two kids. I kinda just pictured them as smaller kids. Maybe I should have gone into a little more detail with that.
Quote:

Not to be negative to your story here Ashcrash, which I’m really enjoying but would Giles really talk like that?

You are correct, it doesn't seem like something Giles would do, but he is always now a semi father to Willow and trying to get into being around a teenager. That's what I was kind of going for when I made him talk like that.
Quote:
I’m really enjoying this story so far with some interesting ideas, just promise me there won’t be that much angst, I don’t like angst it makes my tummy all achey.

I can't promise there won't be some. There has to be some twists and turns a long the way. I always add that into my stories. I don't honestly know where I'm going with this. I kind of am just going from chapter to chapter right now. I have some things thought up, but I just kinda let it flow. So I can't honestly tell you what the story has in it's future, I'm just as excited as you to find out :p
Quote:
Additional thought; maybe Cordy is actually a lesbian too but still in the closet and has secret yearnings for Tara.

I actually didn't think about this. I was just kind of think 'Cordelia' :p
Quote:
Definitely loving this story. Intrigued by the idea of a school where it’s ok to be gay or bi and out and that it’s even possible to be gay and popular like Tara. Must admit I am getting a bit bored with reading stories where Cordy is the ultimate bitch as she is in Ariel’s fan-fic ‘How I Met Your Mother.’

I kind of always thought of Sunny Dale as an excepting place. If you think about it no one seemed to care too much about Larry being gay from what I can remember or Willow and Tara. So I just kind of kept it that way. I love Ariel's story and how she portrays Cordelia, I've actually never read a story where Cordelia was an ultimate bitch like that. So it's new to me, but to each it's own :) I'm glad you are enjoying my story and I enjoyed your feedback a lot. Hope you keep reading :)

Ariel
Quote:
First, LOVE how fast you're updating this fic! :applause

I'm actually really getting into this story. I keep getting ideas about it in my head so that's why the updates are coming so fast :p
Quote:
I like the complexity in Cordelia's character; she is loyal to her friends and that adds a positive dimension to her which helps explain her popularity.

That's what I was going for :) I'm glad you are enjoying the fic :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 pm 
5. Willowhand

Chapter 5

"I swear to you that's what she said," Anya said as her and Willow walked back into the gym class. They stayed a few paces behind everyone so that Anya could tell Willow.

"I don't believe you," Willow said. Tara calling her the most gorgeous girl in the world? Yeah in her dreams. Anya must have heard her wrong or something.

"Willow she said it right to my face then she ran off all embarrassed," Anya smiled.

"What are you smiling about?" Willow asked.

"This is exciting," Anya jumped up and down a couple times. "I could get you two together."

"NO!" Willow shouted. A couple kids turned and gave them odd looks. Willow lowered her voice. "It is literally my second day in Sunny Dale. My first day in school. Only second period in. The last thing I want to focus on is that. Look I know you are just trying to help, but I don't want a relationship and I really don't want one with Tara." Willow walked faster to try to get away from Anya. After everything with Taylor, Willow had decided she didn't want to date someone out of her league again. If she found a nice, nerdy, loser girl like herself maybe. Maybe not. Being in a relationship didn't interest her. She hadn't even let Taylor in and she got hurt really bad. What if she fell for Tara. She already made Willow feel things she had never felt before. If she let her in. Let her get close, Tara would just probably hurt her. Find another girl, in her league.

"I'm sorry," Anya said catching up to her. "I don't have many friends so when I do get them I like when they are happy."

Willow couldn't help but smile. Anya was sweet. "I am happy. This has been a pretty good day. I'm enjoying it."

"Well that's good," Anya said they entered the locker room and went to the locker. "You gonna get changed in the bathroom again?"

"Yeah," Willow said. Anya unlocked the lock and opened the door.

"Nice running out there Willow," Rosa said.

Willow turned to look at her. "Uh thanks," Willow forced a smile. She caught Tara's eye, but turned back to the locker quickly, grabbed her stuff and went into the bathroom. When she got in there, she saw Dakota and her friends. Willow stopped and contemplated what she should do. One girl said something to her and Dakota turned and looked at Willow. Her eyes shifted to something behind Willow and she turned back to her friends.

"Excuse me," Tara said. She moved passed Willow and to the sink.

A girl came out of a stall and Willow went in. That was weird. Dakota didn't say anything this time. Maybe it's because Tara walked in? Why would that matter though. Oh well, at least she didn't say anything.

Dakota and her friends walked out of the bathroom. Tara watched them go and sighed.

"You coming," Rosa asked.

"Yeah," Tara turned the water off and went to grab a paper towel.

"Since when are you Ms. Hygiene?" Rosa asked as her and Tara walked out of the locker room after grabbing their stuff.

"Everyone likes to be clean," Tara said.

"You never wash your hands after gym," Rosa said.

Tara sighed and flung her book bag over her shoulder. "I just wanted to make sure Dakota didn't say anything else to Willow."

"What's the deal with this girl?" Rosa asked. "I've never seen you care over someone you didn't know."

"I don't know. She's just..." Tara didn't know how to describe what she felt. "She looked scared. When I heard her over tell Anya about what Dakota called her. Dakota has called me a dyke and I didn't care, well I cared, but it didn't scare me. And just Cordelia ragging on her. I mean I feel bad that she is getting shit her first day." That didn't actually begin to cover why she wanted to protect Willow, but the truth was the real reason was because Willow triggered feelings inside Tara she wasn't used too. Tara knew nothing about her yet her heart raced and stopped and she got butterflies and it was all just weird and new.

"I can understand that," Rosa said.

Unknown to Rosa and Tara, Willow and Anya had overheard their conversation. "See," Willow whispered to Anya. "She was just being nice when she said what she said. She is just trying to be a nice person. She doesn't have a thing for me."

"I guess," Anya shrugged. It didn't make sense, but she wasn't going to push the issue.

"Hello there ladies," Xander said walking up to the girls. He put his arm around Anya's waist and kissed her.

"Hi baby," Anya smiled up at him. Willow looked at them and a tad bit of jealously flew through her. Maybe she was a little disappointed Tara didn't actually want her. Maybe she didn't want a relationship, but she wasn't ready for one. All she knew was hurt. Not just from Taylor, but from everyone and she didn't think she could take anymore.

"Want us to walk you to your next class?" Xander asked Willow.

"Uh sure," Willow smiled.

"Let's go," Xander grabbed Anya's hand and the pair headed off. "So how was gym?"
-----------------------------

Willow sat at a table in her science class. She was thankful Anya didn't mention to Xander about the Tara thing. Although she did rant on and on about Cordelia and the bunny stuffed animal and about Dakota.

Tara walked into her science class. She stopped when she saw Willow. Okay Tara, keep your cool. Just go up and talk to her. You can do it. You can do it. Tara took step and stopped. No I can't, no I can't. She went to walk on the opposite side of the room from Willow then stopped again. No you can. She took a deep breath and walked up to the lab station Willow was sitting at. "Two classes together," Tara said as she sat on the stool next to Willow. "Hope you don't get sick of seeing my face," she smirked.

"Not possible," Willow said. Oh god I just said that out loud. Willow's face turned red and she looked down at the table. Tara leaned on the table to try to look at Willow's face.

"You're in my seat," Willow and Tara looked up to see a boy dressed all in black standing next to Tara.

"That's the second time someone has said that to me," Willow said.

"Actually," Tara leaned back. "He's talking to me." she stood up and grabbed her bag. "Sorry Brad, it's all yours," she smiled at Willow and walked over to another lab table.

"Hi," Brad smiled. "I'm Brad. Which I guess you already figured."

Willow chuckled. "I'm Willow, I just moved here."

"I know. Mr. Giles is your uncle."

"Is he telling everyone," Willow said.

"Actually Xander told me. First period," Brad said.

"Oh. You are one of Xander's friends."

"Yup I'm part of the nerd herd as Harmony likes to call us," Brad smirked.

"Good morning students," a man walked into the room. "Today we are going to be learning about..." he trailed off when he saw Willow. "Ah Willow Rosenburg my new student." All eyes turned to Willow. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Why don't you stand up and tell us something about yourself." Willow's eyes grew wide and that dang fear came back.

"She's a hell of a runner," Tara piped up. Willow and everyone else turned to look at her. "What?" Tara shrugged. "She smoked everyone in gym class."

"Yeah until she tripped," a boy said. the class laughed. Willow's heart dropped.

"That was my fault," Tara said. "I almost tripped so she turned to ask if I was okay then she tripped. Are you gonna laugh at me too?" The boy stopped smiling and so did some other kids. "Everyone makes mistakes."

"Hey Rory I bet that's what your parents thought when they found out about you," a boy said. That class laughed.

"Oh shut up," Rory said back.

"Alright, alright. Let's get started," the teacher said.

Willow mouth a thank you to Tara who smiled in return. Willow's heart raced and she turned around in her seat. Well that's a smile I will look forward to seeing everyday.
---------------------------------
"Willow," Giles smiled as his niece walked into the library after school. "How was your first day?"

"It was good. I met Xander and Anya and Buffy and this boy Brad. It was a pretty nice day."

"Good," Giles smiled. "I just have somethings to finish up then we will head home."

"Take your time," Willow said heading over to a table. "I'll just start my homework." She sat down. The rest of the day went by pretty smooth. She didn't have anymore classes with Xander or Anya or Buffy or Tara. She had another with Brad and one with Rosa. She ate lunch with Anya, Xander, Buffy, Brad and some other kids. She saw Tara who smiled at her, but no words were said. Buffy asked again about the Bronze and Willow said she would get back to her on that one. She wasn't sure if she was going to go. Going out to places wasn't really her thing. She didn't like to be around people and even though her new friends were nice she didn't feel safe enough with them to go out in a crowded place like that. Willow looked down at the math problems in her textbook and sighed. She picked up her pencil and wrote down the first problem.

Last edited by ashcrash71590 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:34 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs! :whip

Ash,

Cute new story. Not sure I love the title, though. I think you could do so much better. I mean we're talkin' Tara and Willow here. They're so much more than inanimate objects, especially in your story. Think about it. I've recently seen the light of how changing/enhancing your title can entice more readers to enjoy your story. It really works.

On to feedback, I love that there is a lot more to Tara then first impressions give away. I want to know more about what happened to Willow at her last school and exactly what she is hiding on her body. It must be pretty bad :( You have such a different take on the girls personalities in both your stories, it makes it fun to read. I can't wait until they finally have an in depth conversation together. This barely talking to one another is killing me.

Thank you for your frequent updates. I hope you keep it up!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

Last edited by True_Love on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Can a basketball love a computer? (AU) (12/12/1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww Willows so insecure about herself, why can't she just see that Tara likes her?! :D
Willo should join track! That way she can work out with Tara and get to know her better ;]
I love the pacing of the story and how it's going to obviously take some time to let Tara in.
once again awesome update can't wait for more!

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Can a basketball love a computer? (AU) (12/12/1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 am 
5. Willowhand

Wow you're updating at like super speed. For chapter four, it was nice to see Anya showing Willow the ropes. Anyan and Willow as best friends is something new and definitely interesting. And it was very refreshing to see Cordelia stand up to Dakota for her friends. I completely agree with Ariel on how that can totally effect her popularity. It was nice. Willow's graceful track moment was so cute too. I love them together!

Chapter 5 kept the story moving along. I like that Willow is quickly finding her niche in the group. I do hope she gets more one on one interaction with Tara soon though... :pray

An Everyday Life