The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Star's Second Chance 12/26/2012 Updated
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:02 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2

A Star’s Second Chance

By: AstronSoul

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Buffy characters, wish I did though.

Summary: No demons, no evil other than day to day stuff. A certain Blond actress is having a hard time in life, after a 4 year relationship fails, will she give love another chance. A sign language translator, and software creator, Willow isn’t looking for love, coming out almost 8 years ago, she was still nervous, would someone love her, and support her career choices?

Distribution: I rather you talk to me first before posting this elsewhere.

Chapter 1:

A frustrated blonde sat at her desk, slamming her pen down after reading a contract for a TV series. The show, becoming known as the new version of horror wanted Tara MaClay for the leading role.

However after a small incident where the actress very publically broke up with her girlfriend of four years, the contract lowered the salary per episode. Picking up the phone that sat to the left side she dialed the only person that could help.
“Hey Faith? Yeah it’s me, get your butt over here, I need help.” She nodded then hung up the receiver.

Gazing at the contract, wondering why a relationship being over would cause such a loss of money.Rubbing her temples she sees a name in the contract she hadn’t seen before, eyes widening as she read out loud, “Jefferson” She blinked reading it again, ‘No this can’t be happening!’ her mind racing at high speed.

Not noticing Faith enter her office, feeling a hand on her shoulder she jumped. “Fuck Faith!” Her eyes showed worry, anger and fear. “Easy T, what’s wrong, what’s going on?” The brunette rested her hands on the blonde’s shoulders trying to calm her best friend down, “T, calm down. Whatever it is we can deal with it.” Faith smirked, being her best friends agent was the best; even if it got it in the way of their friendship at times.

Tara nods sitting down, handing the contract to Faith, “They hacked the salary by one third, and you won’t believe who is the director…” Trailing off she took a sip of the water sitting on her desk.

Faith scanned over the contract, turning pale as she read the name. “Your ex is the director? What the hell?” She hadn’t expected that, the studio had said no one close to Tara would work on the set; which were many exes.

The actress nods, “I know this is a huge series, but I do not want to work with Clarrise, I won’t I can’t. Not after what she tried to do.” The blonde was at a loss of what to do, this could cement her in the TV genre, never once thinking she would have to work with her very current and obsessive ex.

Faith shakes her head, “Tara, this is what you need to really cement your career, you are doing great in movies. Hell Steven Spielberg wants you for his next big flick in the female role. You need this.” She thinks for a moment as she watches the blonde chew on a steel pen. “What if we got you a personal assistant to always be there with you?”

The woman behind the desk thought for a moment, “Know what yes, get me an assistant and I’ll sign this contract.” She clicked her pen open as Faith handed her the contract, dialing out Faith was on the phone for an assistant in seconds. Tara jotted her signature on the line and then set down her pen. She was relieved but also very scared.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Students walked across campus, papers rustling, idle conversations filled the square as a redhead darted across the lawn then began running. She was late, very very late and the professor was going to be mad; finally making it to the class she walked in calmly.

“Glad you could join us Professor Rosenberg.” Professor Walsh stated, walking up to the desk Willow set her briefcase down, leering at the other professor. “Yes, well your assistant didn’t tell me you needed a translator until five minutes ago. Perhaps better advance notice next time Professor Walsh would be more suitable.”

She smirked to herself as Maggie Walsh’s jaw dropped, she wasn’t known for speaking her mind but Willow was not going to be disrespected. “Yes well the students are all in the front row, if you would please stand to the side where they all can see, I will begin?” Willow nodded, moving to where the deaf students could see her clearly while still being able to see what the other professor was doing.

As professor Walsh began, so did Willow’s hands, she loved being able to help those that couldn’t do certain things, like hear or even talk. She was a well-known software creator, making millions with her programs. However that wasn’t her passion, she was doing her passion right now. Signing and helping others speak was what she really wanted to do.

As the class started to draw to a close a few students walked up after the lecture to speak to Willow, some signing; others talking. All thanking her for helping, making sure they got things right throughout the lecture in their notes. A few even hit on her, waving a hand she politely refused; then grabbing her briefcase she walked out of the classroom into the sun. ‘Will I ever find that one woman for me?’ she thought as she walked back to her office.

As she entered her office her phone rang, “Professor Rosenberg” The voice on the other end made her smile, “Hey Faith, what’s up? Yeah it has been too long.” She listened a bit more than her eyes lit up, “Wait a second an assistant job that pays that much? You do know I don’t have to work at all right?” She chuckles hearing Faith’s jealous tone come through, “Ok, but what’s it got to do with me? Ohhhh, so there will be deaf actors on set and mute. Yeah I would love the job. Alright starts in June ok I will be there in May. Oh and faith, we better hang after I get out there. Hehe ok bye.”

She hung up and grinned, a new job, a new future; now to resign from the school. She opened her laptop and began typing.

TBC

Feedback always appreciated

Last edited by AstronSoul on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:19 am, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW STORY!!!! A Star's Second Chance 10/11/2011
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:18 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Dibs!!!

Okay, you already know how much I love this story. It an interesting new way to see the two awesome people that we adore! OH and btw..I <3 You!!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:45 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Wow,

Is Tara in trouble now or what? :gnome

Having a creepy ex as the Director is like showering in gasoline and drying off with a flame thrower - diastor will ensue! :angry

Glad Tara has Faith as an agent to help her get through this all!

Also, REALLY enjoyed Willow as an interpreter AND how she zinged Professor Walsh for being a rude piece of CRAP!!! :whip

Interested to see Willow taking this job, being someone's full time companion is NOT easy. Then again, it's Tara . . . :flirt

Definitely want more! :kgeek :applause :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Yay! Glad to see that you're posting this over here now, you already know that I'm following and enjoying! ;-)

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 am 
2. Floating Rose

Oooo sounds interesting. I like that Willow is good with her hands *wink wink* and that Tara is going into the Horror scene. I absolutely love Horror. Can't wait for the next update, I hope Tara and Willow will meet and sparks will fly.

L

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:00 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hmm, interesting. Now the EX factor, well that's just sucky. Hopefully a certain redhead can help alleviate some of the tension there. And interesting spin that Willow and Faith are friends. Looking forward to more.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oooo very interesting so far. I'm already like "what happens next??" I like the dynamic of both Willow and Tara being friends of Faith's. Very curious to meet Tara's ex and see just how awful that whole situation is going to be. Am I foreseeing at least one time for Willow to get large with her butch side? :P

Looking forward to the next update and to see where this story goes :)

~ Leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:02 pm 
5. Willowhand

Babbles4TWillow

YAY for bestie Dibs!!!

hehe well I gues syou will be posting here more then right babs? hehe

Ariel

Quote:
Having a creepy ex as the Director is like showering in gasoline and drying off with a flame thrower - diastor will ensue!

Oh count on disasters, and some funny as hell situations too, I mean you can't have just disasters, some of them have to have a sick twisted sense of Humor! lol

Quote:
Also, REALLY enjoyed Willow as an interpreter AND how she zinged Professor Walsh for being a rude piece of CRAP!!!

I never liked Maggie Walsh so I had to stick her in a cameo and let Willow have a crack, don't worry Willow will have more zingers later on and so will Tara.

Quote:
Interested to see Willow taking this job, being someone's full time companion is NOT easy. Then again, it's Tara . . .

yeah it is Tara, but it will be a while before they even consider dating, I mean whole point is to get to know one another. Also she works for Tara, so that will be a bit of a strain when things get busy or heated on a professional level.

Finey_McFine

Quote:
you already know that I'm following and enjoying!

Lol I sure do, just wait I am writing up a storm!!

MmmTaraSoSmexy13

Quote:
I like that Willow is good with her hands *wink wink* and that Tara is going into the Horror scene. I absolutely love Horror. Can't wait for the next update, I hope Tara and Willow will meet and sparks will fly.

I love horror too, just trying to figure out what to call the Series!! If ya have any idea's let me know lol. Oh Willow is very good with her hands, at least with signing it keeps them 'limber'.

beautiful_love

Quote:
Now the EX factor, well that's just sucky. Hopefully a certain redhead can help alleviate some of the tension there. And interesting spin that Willow and Faith are friends. Looking forward to more.

Well the Ex will be...let's say breaching her contract A LOT when it comes to certain things Tara. However Willow in this story is a lot more confident, and will grow even more when having to deal with the Ex. For now though things won't be so confident.

leos_pride

Quote:
Oooo very interesting so far. I'm already like "what happens next??"

I am glad I am keeping you interested, always a writers dream.

Quote:
I like the dynamic of both Willow and Tara being friends of Faith's.

Yes the whole Dynamic I have going will be revealed soon, Faith and Willow's past is going to be visited around chapter 9 or 10. So look for it!!!

Quote:
Very curious to meet Tara's ex and see just how awful that whole situation is going to be.

Hehe you might hate me when you meet Tara's Ex, but we shall see.

Quote:
Am I foreseeing at least one time for Willow to get large with her butch side?

Actually you might see it more then once, usually W/T are pretty balanced, but this isn't really the Buffy world, and the only magic here is chemistry, so Willow might be a lil more butch then you think.

Thank you all for the comments and I hope you like the next chapter!!!

~AS~

~Next Chapter Directly Below~

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 pm 
5. Willowhand

A Star’s Second Chance

Summary: Tara is waiting to start work, taking meetings, phone calls and trying to figure out what to do in every day life as she waits to meet her new assistant. Willow is making her way across the country, will there be bumps along the way?

Chapter 2

The apartment was a mess, boxes lying everywhere some half packed others boxed up for the move. Willow leant against the wall wiping her brow, moving was not easy and she was almost done.

After giving her resignation to the Yale School Board, she rushed home, now two months later she was almost ready to move to L.A. “A new start, new people and new women. This should be good, and the lucrative job is a nice perk.” She chuckled as she spoke.

Hearing a knock on the door she moves and opens it, smiling seeing her best friend Xander there to help; “Hey Xan, thanks for coming I need help getting the furniture into the U-Haul.” He walked in, shutting the door they both moved into the living room.
He surveyed everything to see how things would fit, “You don’t have much will so it’ll be easy. So you said Faith offered you this job right, Faith as in heavy into the party life style, Faith?” He asked, starting to wrap padding around an old oak wood desk.

The woman nodded as she helped, she knew it was odd but she needed a new place; a new start. “Yeah, she told me I would be an assistant to Tara MaClay.” She was waiting to see if Xander caught her saying his favorite actress's name.

The man’s eyes bulged and he almost dropped the handle to the padding to the floor, “T-t….actress…Tara?” She giggled and nodded, “Yes I will be working with her every day on set of her new TV series. They will have deaf and mute actors so I will be her personal translator and everything else she needs.”

Xander’s jaw was still open, Willow walked passed him and used slender fingers to shut his mouth and whispered, “And no I won’t get you anything, when you meet her you can ask her. Whenever that is…” She laughed and walked into the kitchen.

Faith came out of the studio with a smug look on her face; she managed to get the original salary they offered Tara to begin with. Having pointed out that any private things should not affect any business that happens with her client. Flipping out a cell she dials Tara’s number.

Moving papers around on her desk, Tara snatches up the phone when it rings; “Tara MaClay speaking.” “Hey T, I got some really good news for you, I got the original salary for your contract.” Faith waited for a reaction, knowing that it was coming soon.
“OMG Faith, thank you!! You are the best agent ever!” She squealed on the other end of the line. Faith chuckled as she slid into her 2012 Aston Martin Virage. “Not just that, Clarrise is only allowed to speak to you on set, no coming to your uber nice LARGE trailer, or giving you an extra hard time.”

The agent made sure that nothing would happen, knowing however that when her friend Willow arrived there would be no problems whatsoever. “So filming starts June thirteenth girl that’s exactly a month from now.” After hearing more squealing they said goodbye and hung up the phones.

Tara couldn’t stop smiling; getting what she wanted was great now she hoped Clarrise wouldn’t be a pain. Shaking her head; her thoughts moved to her new assistant, Faith had said a redhead named Willow Rosenberg had taken the job.

Opening her laptop, she did a Google search on the woman in question; eyes bugging out when she saw who this person was. A multi-software awards winner, millionaire and sign language translation master. “Why would she want to work for me as an assistant, she doesn’t have to work!?!” She stares at a head shot of the woman; that made her insides melt.

The picture was recent, Willow had attended a Software gathering; she was elected most prominent woman in the industry and most successful. The redhead wore an elegant green peasant blouse that looked anything but peasant, revealing just the right amount of cleavage to entice any sexual being to stare. Her hair was spiked out, kind of reminding her of Alice Cullen from Twilight, and those green eyes were penetrating.

Blinking Tara scrolled down, noticing the redhead was a Yale and Harvard graduate. Then noticed she had also gone to MIT, the woman was definitely smart. Closing her laptop she moved to the window of her home office, hoping these changes would help make her life better and leave the past behind her.

Her cell phone alarm went off, reaching for it and tapping her finger on the screen it lit up letting her know she had a lunch date with People Magazine; grabbing her purse and keys she was out the door.

They had the truck almost completely packed; Xander took a drink of the ice water his friend handed him. He didn’t think his friend had so much stuff, but sure enough only small things would fit in the truck now. “Will when did you get so much stuff?”
The redhead looked up from making sure the software boxes were secure and safe in the back of the truck then slammed the sliding door down latching it securely. “I just have a lot of computer stuff Xan, the furniture was what six pieces altogether?” Smiling she sat on the steps to her apartment building, looking around, she was happy to be leaving but also sad.

“Will, this is a good thing don’t be sad.” He moved to sit with her, pulling her into a hug. “And I will visit you in L.A. a lot. I promise, maybe you’ll meet the woman of your dreams there.” His tone was sad but hopeful. She leaned into him and sniffled. “I’m gonna miss you Xander, always stay in touch.”

Looking up at him, they hugged again before standing, glancing at their watches they knew it was time for Willow to head out. She planned on stopping only a few hours after getting started. ‘Well this is it, I guess I should get going…”

Her best friend from childhood fidgeted, they had always lived in the same city; even when in college. “Be safe Will, I’ll miss you but we will talk every day.” He hugged her once more, opening the driver side door for his friend, “Don’t forget to send me something cheesy from your new home.”

She nodded as she climbed into the truck, looking down at her friend tears started to fall. “Didn’t think it would be this hard, but it is a good thing. I love you Xander, tell Anya bye from me.” She smiled as he nodded, she pulled the door shut sighing. Wiping her eyes, she turned the key in the ignition; as the truck fired up Willow took one last look around.

Waving to her best friend she pulled out, heading down the street; closing one chapter of her life, and driving into a new chapter.

TBC

Hope you enjoyed it ya'll!!

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13

Last edited by AstronSoul on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:16 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hurray for an update!

Can't wait for moving in and the first meeting between Tara and Willow! I'm curious now to see what sort of on set shinanigans go down once shooting begins. And I'm more than a little worried about your cryptic answer about Tara's ex :hmm

Can't wait for more! Keep up the good writing! :)

~Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:49 pm 
3. Flaming O

:applause :grin what a wonderful beginning... i can see so much potential for fun and excitement, not to mention drama. you sucked me right in and have my imagination working on overdrive hehehe

well done. i hope i will be able to read an update fairly soon to see where you will take us with this story.

:kitty
selene

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:43 pm 
5. Willowhand

Quick Update!!! lol

leos_pride

yay Leo you got dibs!!!!

Quote:
Can't wait for moving in and the first meeting between Tara and Willow! I'm curious now to see what sort of on set shinanigans go down once shooting begins. And I'm more than a little worried about your cryptic answer about Tara's ex

yes the moving in should be fun, and the first meet will be exciting maybe? LMAO

Thanks!!

sapphoselene

Quote:
what a wonderful beginning... i can see so much potential for fun and excitement, not to mention drama. you sucked me right in and have my imagination working on overdrive hehehe

Yay for sucking you into the story!! (wow that sounded bad) lol

Glad you liked.

Thanks again!!!

Right below is the 3rd Chapter!!

A Star’s Second Chance

Summary: Oooo read and find out!!!!

Chapter 3

Willow pulled the U-Haul into a gas station in Harrisonburg West Virginia, getting hungry but mostly needing a bathroom desperately; hopping out she headed for the restroom. Shutting the bathroom door behind her; she looks around the store, grabbing a few more Gatorades a sandwich and a few snacks.

The cashier at the counter smiles at her, “Welcome to Piggly Wiggly, is this all for you?” She nodded as the small woman started to ring her up. “How far is it to Knoxville from here, do you know?” The woman, who turned; her name tag saying Lisa, pulled out a big map.

“It looks like you can be there early to late this evening if you don’t make extra stops. Maybe just a restroom, or snack break.” Lisa showed her on the map, “Just stay on 81 and it’ll take you straight there. Oh and that will be Seven dollars and thirty two cents please.”

Willow hands over a ten, waiting for her change she looks at the map; ‘I might be able to make it to Nashville if I don’t stop at all’ she thought. “Two dollars and sixty eight cents is your change. Good luck and I hope you have a safe journey.”

“Thank you Lisa, for your help as well.” The redhead smiled, heading back to her truck she sent a text to Xander giving him an update. Hopping back in the truck she grinned to herself, pulling out she made it back on the highway determined to hit Nashville next instead of Knoxville.

The interview with People Magazine went well, they had asks the actress a lot of the normal questions. Tara made her way out of the small café, putting on her sunglasses; for a change no photographers were around.

“Excuse me Ms. MaClay, I forgot to ask you something.” The reporter came up to her, nodding for the reporter to ask Tara waited. “Yes, well it’s over your breakup with Clarrice Jeffereson. Do you think that will hinder your career at all?”

The blond smiled, “No I don’t think it will at all, we both are professional when it comes to work. I don’t see any problems professionally.” The reporter nodded, “What about in your personal life?” She sighed, knowing this question was coming.
“My personal life is just that personal and very private. Minus the mishap last week, I like to keep my personal life on the down low too many people now-a-days want fifteen minutes of fame.” She thought a moment, “I want a woman that is genuine, who wants me for me, not just cause’ I am an actress.”

Watching the reporter shut off the tape-recorder; then shakes his hand, “Thank you for the lovely interview, it’s been a while since it was this courteous.” He smiled back at her, “It was a pleasure, I don’t like being rude like most people. I find just having a conversation is best. Have a great day Ms. MaClay, and I hope when this is published you will be happy with it.”

He started walking away to wave a taxi, Tara watched for a few moments then began towards her car. Leaning against it, she lets out a breath hoping that what she said was true; that her ex can be professional. Climbing in she locks the door; never know who might try something.

She sat there for a moment, turning her head she noticed a group of photographers looking into the café windows. “Thank goddess I have dark windows, damn vultures.” Starting the engine she rev’s it, every photographer runs for the car but it was too late; hitting the gas all they got were picture of a large smoke cloud that emitted from the Aston’s muffler.

The blonde was laughing as she turned a corner, never liking the photographers for tabloids. She always wondered how they got the information on where any celebrity would be at any given time; shrugging it off she starts making her way home.
Before long something caught the actress’ eye, she pulled into the parking lot and up to the drive through Menu; rolling her window down she looks at the choices. “Welcome to Sonic, would you like to try our special Fried Lobster bites?” came a voice from the small box, “No thank you, just give me a sonic burger with everything, curly fries and a coke please.”

“That’ll be nine dollars and eighty three cents at the window.” She pulled around the corner of the building, grabbing her purse to get her card out. “That’s nine dollars and eight three cents please.” The cashier looks out the window and her jaw dropped.
Tara handed the woman her credit card smiling; the woman fumbled with the transaction, finally giving Tara a receipt and her card back. ‘I’m sorry, aren’t you Tara MaClay?” The blonde nodded taking her card, tucking it away she looks at the woman again. “That would be me, please I just want my food and to go home. Maybe next time I can stop in and talk.”

The woman nodded, handing the food over. “Thank you for stopping at Sonic, and I do hope you come back again.” She smiled, watching the actress pull out of the parking lot. “Wow, I served Tara MaClay…” Her manager approached, “What on earth are you gawking at?”

“Oh sorry sir, I just served Tara MaClay.” She had a smile on a mile long, “I don’t care if you served the president, get back to work.” She nodded and began her normal duties.

“Why is there so much traffic in the middle of nowhere!?!” Willow exclaimed, she had been sitting in the same spot for the past thirty minutes; craning her head out the window trying to get a better view when the traffic started to move. “Finally” She muttered, moving forward slowly she started tapping on the steering wheel; she noticed an accident on the shoulder up ahead.

As she got closer there were people arguing, narrowing her eyes one was signing frantically while the other yelled at them. “Oh no, they can’t communicate.” Pulling off to the shoulder she drove up to the accident and hopped out.

Approaching the two men she began to sign as she spoke, “Excuse me sirs, but it seems you are having a hard time communicating?” The man that was yelling looked at her, “Yes! He rear-ended my car!” She stepped back, turning to the other man she signed but still spoke. “Sir did you rear-end his car?” The man signed back that yes he had, all he wanted was the man’s insurance information, as well as to call the police.

Willow signed again, “Sir all he wants is your insurance info, and to have the police called for an accident report. There is no reason to yell.” The man annoyed already looked at her, turning around he went to get the information needed; the deaf man smiled at her signing his thanks. “Your very welcome, I know it’s hard to get by when you can’t communicate well.” He offered his hand to her, taking it she gripped it tightly before letting go.

The other man walked back handing a card to the deaf man, turning to Willow he sighed. “Thank you for your help, would you mind staying till’ the police get here? I don’t want any misunderstandings.” She nodded, ‘Well Guess its Knoxville tonight’ Walking back to her truck she grabbed her phone, texting Xander letting him know what’s up.

A few seconds later she received a reply; “At least you can help Will, it’s what you do. Be safe and call me when you get to Knoxville. XoXo Xander” Tucking her phone in her pocket she began the wait for the police, signing when the two men wanted to talk; but relatively staying to herself.

Two hours later the police let Willow get back on the road, shaking the men’s hands she had helped the deaf man gave her an envelope before he started to sign again. “Take this as a thank you, but don’t open it till you get where you are going. Thank you again, I wish there were more people like you in the world.” She thanked him again, starting her truck once more to head now to Knoxville.

The Aston sped up the private driveway to a large mansion, pulling to a stop in front of the house. Tara stood up; handing the keys to Michelle, “Can you give her a tune up Michelle, she seems just a tad off and check the brakes please.” The mechanic taking the keys smiled, “Of course Tara, say have any problems with the door today?”

The blonde shook her head, “None at all, thanks girl now I can get in and out without a hassle.” They both laughed; the Aston kept clicking and banging shut, now problem solved. “Oh and Michelle, let the staff know dinner tonight and I’m cooking.”Michelle nodded excitedly as she drove the Aston round back.

Walking up the steps to the large black gothic iron door, Tara inserted the key; hearing a click she pushed against the door and entered. Shutting the door before dead bolting it shut, she placed her purse on the table in the foyer. With her food in one hand she headed for the kitchen to eat and then start getting ready for dinner.

TBC

Last edited by AstronSoul on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:52 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willow is so awesome and selfless in this story...I really like this new side to her. You're doing a great job!! I love it! Update soon, Bestie!!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

Post subject: Re: NEW STORY!!!! A Star's Second Chance 10/15/2011
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey AstronSoul,

Quote:
The Astron sped up the private driveway

Loved Willows car model! Very funny! :laugh

It was clear that Xander and Willow have a friendship; you showed their real affection and concern for each other. Liked Xander's 'hugs and kisses' on his text - sweet! :flower

Great how Faith protected Tara's interests - salary deal AND limiting Clarisse's access but I just know that Bitch C is not done with her work! Eager for more on that and how Tara and Faith (and soon Willow) face her down! If a director hates you, they have a thousand ways of making your life hell, trust me, I've been there (only twice, but it was MORE than enough!). So I can't help but worry.

Nice touch with Willow being an interpreter - TOTALLY FRESH!! Glad to see her using it on the road, shows her willingness to help and her ability to handle a potentially volatile situation.

Do I have to say it? Keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 am 
5. Willowhand

Wow, two quick updates. Both were great. I'm glad Tara has Faith to look out for her. I'm wondering if there's going to be any conflict between the two of them though. I hope not but sometimes friends and business just don't mix you know. It was also nice to see Willow and Xander's relationship. Very nice seeing the true best friend dynamic. Looking forward to more.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 am 
5. Willowhand

Babbles4Twillow

Quote:
DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willow is so awesome and selfless in this story...I really like this new side to her. You're doing a great job!! I love it! Update soon, Bestie!!

Thanks bestie, I do try :P

Ariel

Quote:
It was clear that Xander and Willow have a friendship; you showed their real affection and concern for each other. Liked Xander's 'hugs and kisses' on his text - sweet!

Yeah, Xander (my version) Is a bit more showing of certain feelings at least to his best friend, I firmly believe he was that way throughout high school and wanted to keep him as Willow rock (even if it is temporary).

Quote:
Great how Faith protected Tara's interests - salary deal AND limiting Clarisse's access but I just know that Bitch C is not done with her work! Eager for more on that and how Tara and Faith (and soon Willow) face her down! If a director hates you, they have a thousand ways of making your life hell, trust me, I've been there (only twice, but it was MORE than enough!). So I can't help but worry.

Yeah, Faith will always look out for her best friend.
Haha Queen C, glad you caught on quick there, I was wondering if anyone would call her that (I was sick of seeing Cordy's name so decided to change it a lil.) Oh and a lil hint.....Faith might or might not do something later on.

Quote:
Nice touch with Willow being an interpreter - TOTALLY FRESH!! Glad to see her using it on the road, shows her willingness to help and her ability to handle a potentially volatile situation.

Yes, I wanted to show Willow in s ome other area of work, not just computers. She does have other talents, just have to explore them extensively. Hehe

Quote:
Do I have to say it? Keep writing!

Hmmmm, should I really? LMAO of course I will keep writing!!!

beautiful_love

Quote:
Wow, two quick updates. Both were great. I'm glad Tara has Faith to look out for her. I'm wondering if there's going to be any conflict between the two of them though. I hope not but sometimes friends and business just don't mix you know. It was also nice to see Willow and Xander's relationship. Very nice seeing the true best friend dynamic

You are right, it can get in the way (and it will). Faith is protective of Tara, later on it will be seen, and well let's say Willow might be rubbed the wrong way about it.

Thank you all for your feedback!!!

~AS~

Next Chapter Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am 
5. Willowhand

A Star’s Second Chance

Summary: Oooo read and find out!!!!

Chapter 4

A Chef ran around the kitchen checking pots and various pans, pulling out a baking dish from the oven and placing up on the cooling marble counter top. When his employer meant she was going to cook for the staff, she meant a feast. “Tara, all the staff has been notified and is very excited. You don’t cook as much as you used too.”

The blonde was flipping T-bone steaks on her new eight burner stove top. “Well I felt like doing it tonight, how are the casseroles doing?” The man moved to the dish and tasted it, “It’s perfect, where did you get all these recipes?” He always wondered how she even learned to cook.

He heard giggling come from the blonde, “My mom taught me, these dishes were the last ones she taught me before she…” Tara stopped talking; it had only been six months since her mom died; she so wished she was still around.

“I’m sorry Tara, I didn’t mean to upset you.” He rested a friendly comforting hand on her shoulder, turning she looked at him; tears in her eyes. “Ya know everyone thinks I broke up with Clarrice cause’ she lied to me, but that’s not all. She told me to get over my mom’s death and move on.” Sighing she shakes her head, “I’ll never just move on from my mom’s death, I want to remember her and move on, why can’t she see that Sam?”

Sam’s demeanor changed, pulling Tara into a fatherly hug. “Your dad is still alive, isn’t he coming over this weekend?” He noticed the blonde’s shoulders slump, he knew they never got along. “Yeah he is, I really don’t want him here.”

They fell into a comfortable silence, offering tastes of food to each other when one thought something was missing; continuing to cook all afternoon; both forgetting about the visitor that was coming this weekend.

A tired and very worn out redhead pulled into a Hilton Hotel parking lot, making her way into the lobby she stifled a yawn. “Good evening and welcome to Hilton, what would you like Ms.?” The clerk was ready at the computer as Willow leaning on the counter finally yawned. “One bed, don’t care what size, just tired.”

The clerk hit a few keys, “The only room we have a available is the executive suite, will that be alright?” Willow nodded as she pulled her credit card out of her wallet. “It’s one thousand two dollars and five cents.” He took the card, swiping it; then returning it and the key card to the room. “Top floor, to the left of the elevators you will see double doors down the hall. That will be your room. Thank you for staying with us and hope it is a pleasant one.”

She turned around then turned back, “Um can I get the continental delivered to my room around five thirty in the morning please?” He nodded to her making a note of it, watching as the woman entered the elevator with a small bag.

Shaking her head she yawned again, hearing the dinging of the elevator the doors open; stepping out she looks to the left. Sure enough the large double doors were at the end of the hall, stepping out she makes her way to the doors. Swiping the key through the reader the doors click open, pushing them apart Willow’s eyes widen as she takes in the room.

It had high arch ceilings, wood floors stretched into every corner; there was even a full kitchen in the suite. “Well when I pick em, I pick em.” She began chuckling, making her way to the bedroom, not noticing the bathroom or the comfy couches.

Throwing her back in a corner she flopped onto the bed, crawling under the covers and snuggled in as she slowly fell asleep.

Xander was very awake, waiting for his cell phone to go off, ‘She should have called by now’ he picked up his phone and began dialing her number. Hearing the ringing he waited, “H-hello?” He heard a groggy voice on the other end, “Why haven’t you called me woman?” He began to smile, thankfully she was ok.

“I’m tired Xan, I’ll call you in the morning, bye.” Before he could respond she hung up, chuckling he placed his phone on the charger heading to bed.

The staff all sat along Tara’s long table in what they affectionately called the ‘feast hall’. This room was only used for special occasions when the actress threw a party for other celebrities or for her staff. The table was full of food, everyone was itching to dig in; but they had to wait for their hostess to join them. As they waited they made idle chat, agreeing that they are all were for fortunate to have an employer who wasn’t too good for them.

The doors at the end of the room opened; the blonde walking in got many ooo’s and ahh’s. She wore a simple sun dress, hugging all her curves just right; just because it was her staff, didn’t mean she couldn’t dress. “Evening everyone, I do hope you like what we cooked today. Dig in!”

Tara watched as everyone took helpings, loving how her staff was like family to her. Being passed some casserole she took a helping, then passed it along to the rest of the guests. Each person held a place in her home even if they didn’t know it.

The dinner went well, lots of laughter, a few moments of remembering her mother before it becoming lighter topics again. After dinner each person thanks Tara for the meal, loving how she treated them; as soon as the last person was gone she went about looking over the room and cleaning up.

Sam came back in, beginning to help Tara clear away everything, putting food away when needed. “Sam you don’t have too, you know the deal I clean up.” He simply smiled and kept cleaning up the dishes. Shaking her head she continued to clean, setting dishes on the countertops in the kitchen.

When everything was cleared from the table both looked at the daunting task of how many dishes was actually working for her. “Wow, I have a lot of staff.” Sam starts to laugh, “Tara, you really need to get out more.” Chuckling they both start to get the daunting task done.

TBC

Hope you liked it!!!!
Please Review review, they make me happy!!

Last edited by AstronSoul on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:40 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!!!! :whip

Hey AstronSoul,

Fun to Dibs the Dibs-Master! Woohoo and another whipcrack, babycakes! :whip

Quote:
They fell into a comfortable silence, offering tastes of food to each other when one thought something was missing; continuing to cook all afternoon; both forgetting about the visitor that was coming this weekend.

I like the warm, casual feel to their friendship then the last phrase brings an ominous note. Why do I, somehow, think that Tara’s Dad isn’t nice?

Quote:
“It’s one thousand two dollars and five cents.”
:lmao

Quote:
She wore a simple sun dress, hugging all her curves just right; just because it was her staff, didn’t mean she couldn’t dress. “Evening everyone, I do hope you like what we cooked today. Dig in!”

Love how warm and friendly she is, down to earth – definitely our Tara! And, okay I liked the hot thought of T in the sundress. Mmmmmm Thanks! :flower

I like how she’s there with the dishes and Sam just starts helping out, even though she says he doesn’t have to.

I’m really interested to see how they get together and how they interact as employees and become our beautiful W/T.

Keep writing! :dumbo :bounce :dumbo

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

Last edited by Ariel on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NS!!!! A Star's Second Chance 10/19/2011
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

*gasp* I missed dibs!!! Eeeekkk.....*looks down in shame* I'm a bad bestie.....ANYWHO

I love, you know it. Poor Xander worrying about his best friend! And the way Willow answered! hehehehe...Tara is an awesome employer! I wish I could work for her. Are our girls gonna meet soon?

hmmmm...I wonder what happens next?
GREAT UPDATE!
~Allie~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I missed the last update! :sob

And huzzah for my first dibs! I didn't even realize it. This calls for a happy dance :banana :banana

Ok now that I got that out of the way, great updates! It was great to see a little more of who Willow and Tara are as people. What a wonderful treat for Tara's staff :) And Willow was great for stopping to help even though it put her behind on her drive. I have down some roadside help myself and know how much better it can make a persons day (wow, sorry for the awful grammar. My brain is apparently fried :P)

Anywho can't wait for the next update! I will make sure I don't miss it this time :)

~Leo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hehehe I decided another quick update!!! Let's see who get's to this one first!

A Star’s Second Chance

Summary: READ READ READ!!!

Chapter 5

The alarm on the bed stand blared loudly at five am, rolling over a pale hand slammed down on the alarm shutting it up. Grumbling some red hair peeked out from under the comforter, then some eyes appeared; it was way too early to be rising.

Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed; the redhead makes her way to the bathroom, still half sleeping. Turning on the water she keeps twisting both knobs till it’s a warm flow, stripping down she steps into the shower. Breathing in the warm air, she opens her eyes remembering where she was.

Washing her hair and body Willow lets the water run down her back, wishing she was already in L.A. Stepping out she grabs a towel, wrapping it around her waist as she looks in the mirror. “Today, then tomorrow you will be in California girl, one road trip to the rest of my life.”

A staff member entered the suite leaving a rolling tray by the table in the kitchen, slipping quietly back outside; having never been noticed. Walking out of the bathroom fully dressed the redhead blinks clearing her eyes, seeing the tray next to the table she walks over.

Enjoying her breakfast; Willow checks her watch it read five forty-five, setting her fork down she moves to grab her bag which she set by the door. Looking around once more she exits the room, heading to the truck.

Sunlight shone through the curtains of a very large homey room, moving to the middle of her bed; Tara tried to get out of the rays intruding light. She was not ready to get up; it took them four hours last night to clean and put everything away.

Covering her face with a pillow she groans, making up her mind to get up she huffs sitting up. Her hair went every which way, rubbing her eyes she sighed kicking off the covers. She wasn’t sure what was on the agenda today, groaning again she makes her way to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

There was a gentle knock on her bedroom door, yelling from the bathroom; “Come in!” Sam entered the room with a tray, setting it on the desk he moved things around so Tara could eat easily. “I brought you breakfast, hope you like it Tara.” He spoke loud enough for her to hear. Not waiting for a reply he left the room, closing the door behind him.

Tara came out wearing a big fluffy dark green robe; smiling as she sees the tray, sitting down she picks up some toast; nibbling on her food thinking that she really needed a vacation. Having just wrapped a movie with Johnny Depp, and another movie with Jordana Brewster; she needed a vacation.

Finishing her breakfast the blonde gets dressed, knowing she had something she needed to do but couldn’t pin point it. Buttoning her jeans she heard her phone go off, moving to the hall she hoped it would keep ringing till’ she got to it. Sprinting down the hall, the stairs and through a door she picks it up.

“Hello?” There was a scratching noise before she heard Faith’s voice, “Hey Faith, morning.” She listened as Faith explained the meeting today with the creator and director of the TV series was moved to the next day. Sighing, she was very thankful it was moved; “Faith, I can’t remember if I have anything else today, you remember anything?”

She nodded as her best friend tells her the day was all clear, “Ok thanks, by the way when is that assistant arriving in L.A. you said tomorrow right?” Listening she grabbed her keys and purse; heading out the door. “Alright thanks girl, I’ll give you a call later, I’m gonna go for a drive. Bye”

Locking the door behind her as she went, rounding the corner she decided not to take the Aston; it was a beautiful day, it was time to take her other new baby out for a spin. Pushing a button on the garage; the doors slowly slid up revealing a brand new, never driven on road Luxury Atmosphere 2012 BMW 650i.

Michelle came from around the corner wondering who was opening the garage, smiling as she sees her boss. “Taking the baby out huh boss?” The blonde grinned, “Oh yeah perfect day to do so, oh did you get your birthday gift the other day?” Nodding the mechanic held up a set of keys to a brand new Dodge one ton pickup, “I sure did, thanks, but gotta ask how did you know I needed a new truck?”

Chuckling Tara shook her head, “You forget I see you drive everyday usually, and that piece of shit you were driving wasn’t cutting it. So new truck, can you get the back gate open for me, don’t want to go out the front today?” Winking at Michelle as she puts on her sunglasses, then sitting she started the engine; it purred like a kitten.

The woman smiled racing to the back gate; hoping to beat Tara there, of course that was not the case as she walked up laughing. “In a rush are you?” The blonde nodded; as soon as the gate was open she gunned it out the back gate, shaking her head Michelle shut the gate.

Turning onto the busy street of N. Vigines Street, loving the weather and how her new car handles. Looking over at the passenger seat she sighs, ‘One day I will share this with my soul mate, until I find her no one rides in this car with me.’ Her thoughts move to what she is looking for in a life partner as she travels with traffic.

Driving down the interstate singing off key, Willow was having a blast; already into Missouri. Thumping the steering wheel to the beat, cocking her head to the side she heard something that wasn’t a part of the song. She turned down the radio noticing it was her phone going off, turning the music off she hits the earpiece in her ear.

“Willow speaking,” She smiled hearing her good friend Faith on the other end. “Hey girl, what’s shakin?”Moving along the highway; Faith tells her of what’s going to happen when she gets there, “So meeting Tara a few days after I get there, remember I am moving into my house too.” There was a shocking sound on the other end of the line, “Yes I bought a house on N. Vigines Street. What’s so funny?”

Her friend had lost it, all the woman was doing was laughing. “Faith what’s so funny?” Rolling her eyes as she waited, seeing a truck stop ahead she decided to pull in for gas and food. “Oh so I have to find out huh? Thanks a lot, apparently someone famous if you are being like this.”

Shaking her head she got out of the truck, heading to the entrance of the building. “Yeah ok, I’ll see you tomorrow right at the house? Good, 1208 is the number on the gate, of course I got what I always dreamed and building onto it even. Ok talk to ya tomorrow, bye.”

Flipping the phone shut she chuckles to herself, entering the store she sees a restaurant on one end so makes her way to it. “This should be an interesting adventure.” Stating it to no one in particular the hostess at the podium looked at her funny.

“Just one?” picking up a menu as the redhead nodded, showing her to a table. “Your waiter will be with you shortly, enjoy your meal.” Willow watched as the hostess put an added sway in her hips as she walked away. ‘Damn!’ She began looking at the menu, wondering what to order.

A young man approached the table, “Good afternoon, can I get you anything to drink?” Willow looked up with a smile, “Yes, just some water please.” He wrote it down, walking away to fetch her water she looked over the menu again. “Hmmm, the salmon sounds delicious but I really want a steak. Oh they have steak and shrimp!” The waiter came back setting the glass of water down, “What would you like to order today?” She looks over the menu once more making sure then smiles, “I’ll take the steak and shrimp meal, and please medium rare.”

“Alright, it will be out shortly, if you need anything and I mean anything my name is Ryan.” He gave her his dazzling smile as he left to place the order. Willow smirked, never fails everywhere she went some guy would try flirting.

A few minutes later the food arrived, picking up her fork and steak knife she began to eat. Ryan came around making sure everything was ok, and that she had everything she needed; he set down more napkins on her table just in case. She wondered why he brought them when there were plenty on the table.

Picking up the small stack she felt a piece of paper underneath, slipping it out she laughed. ‘Ryan F. 555-8723’ He had given her his phone number, pulling a pen from her purse she began to write on the same piece of paper the following:

W.R. 555-get a life, I don’t swing that way.

Finishing her meal, she leaves just enough cash for the meal but no tip; leaving the restaurant she winks at the hostess with a smile. At the table Ryan picks up the note, noticing his customer didn’t leave a tip he crumpled the piece of paper dropping it on the table.

The hostess see’s the waiter upset, smirking she walks over. “You know Ryan, hitting on every woman that walks in the place, is bad manners. Besides you have sucky gaydar.” Giggling she moves back to the podium as he cleans the table.

Outside Willow was now pumping fuel, coughing as she watches the price go over seventy five dollars. “Gees, highway robbery for gas now-a-day,” Capping the fuel tank she gets back on her way, hoping to reach Phoenix Arizona late tonight.

TBC

Hehehehe did you enjoy?

Last edited by AstronSoul on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

BESTIE DIBS!!!
Almost didnt get it this time....phew *wipes brow*

I REPEAT: I want to work for Tara. Buying her employee a new truck? So freakin cool!

AND THIS?!

Quote:
W.R. 555-get a life, I don’t swing that way.

had me rolling and falling out of my non-existent seat

:flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower

~Allie~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:55 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm now convinced you are a sneaky updater! I almost missed this one too!

Another great update :) umm can I work for Tara as well? I could use a new truck. She would be an awesome employer :)

I loved Willow's sass in putting that waiter in his place! Glad i was reading at home and not the office. At least I only had my cats looking at me funny for laughing out loud all of a sudden :P

Next update will see Willow in LA? Please? :D Can't wait!

~Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Sorry can't copy and mail so can't follow fixed Tues night, see you on weekend

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:21 am 
5. Willowhand

Babbles4Twillow

YAY for bestie Dibs!!!!

Quote:
I REPEAT: I want to work for Tara. Buying her employee a new truck? So freakin cool!

LOL Right, Tara might seem the more selfish one in this story, but she does like to help others. If Tara didn't help, she wouldn't be Tara ^^

Glad you liked the 555-get a life, told ya Willow will have quite a few zingers.

leos_pride

Quote:
I'm now convinced you are a sneaky updater! I almost missed this one too!

Hehe I like being sneaky, be prepared!!!

Quote:
I loved Willow's sass in putting that waiter in his place! Glad i was reading at home and not the office. At least I only had my cats looking at me funny for laughing out loud all of a sudden

Yes, I like giving our Favorite redhead somewhat a quick wit at times lol

Quote:
Next update will see Willow in LA? Please?

Read and find out my friend!!!

DaddyCatALSO

sorry DaddyCat, must be a board thing or something

Thanks all for the feed back!!!!!

~AS~

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 am 
5. Willowhand

A Star’s Second Chance

Summary: Does Willow make it to LA, and what has Tara been up too?

Chapter 6

The large U-Haul truck moves with the congested early morning L.A. traffic, the redhead downed the rest of her coffee; having decided to drive straight through the night just stopping in Phoenix to eat. “What the frilly heck?”

She looked out the window at someone, not knowing if it was male or female. They were dressed in various bright colors that clashed against each other, two different shoes and rather odd looking hair in the colors of the rainbow.

Shaking her head she began to giggle, “Welcome to L.A.” Reading the map on her phone her turn should be coming up within a few blocks. She pulled her purse closer to her hip, making sure she had the keys and gate code to her house; not wanting to get stuck outside of her home.

Coming up on North Vigines Street Willow flicked the blinker on, noticing a lot of sports cars moving by her; smirking at the young kids blaring music from their stereos. Taking the turn the redhead’s eyes grew wider, this was obvious a high scale neighborhood. ‘Well for the house being two point five million, this better be a nice area’ she thought gazing at numbers on each gate.

There was a house with a large blacktop driveway that looked brand new, she saw the number ‘1208’ checking her paper she began to smile, turning onto the drive way she rolled down the window reaching out and punching the gate code in. Hearing a metallic creak the gate opened; pushing the accelerator she entered the estate of her new home.

She admired the drive to the house, palms trees and various shrubs lining the road; she knew she would need to hire some people to help her take care of it all. Pulling up to the house Willow gasped, it was huge with large bay windows, four pillars holding up the overhead for guests to get in and out of vehicles when it rains.

“Wow, I have good taste.” She turned off the truck as she noticed a Camaro sitting off to the side, wondering whose it is she approached it. Suddenly a brunette jumped out and hugged Willow, “You made it!” Faith exclaimed.

Hugging the woman back the redhead wondered how her friend got in, “Faith how did you get in here?” The other woman blushed biting a finger, “I uhhh kinda hotwired the gate then fixed it?” Willow’s eyebrow shot up, “Faith!” Don’t ever do that again, gees could have just asked me for the code.” Slapping the smaller woman on the shoulder the redhead grabbed the keys to the house.

Walking up the few steps to the door she took a deep breath, her friend right behind her as she unlocked the door; stepping in her jaw dropped. The entrance was homey, welcoming guests with the feel of coming home from a long trip, the wood floors stained in a dark warm walnut color. A chandelier hung above them made out of cast-iron, giving off a warm glow.

One thing the software genius noticed was the house was completely furnished, stepping more into the house she turned around looking at her friend. “This is amazing, I didn’t know the furniture and all came with it! This is so freaking amazing OMG look old vintage furniture all matching!” Faith chuckled at her friend’s one sentence babble.

“Will, I have something I need to tell you.” She was grinning as she looked at the house, it fit the redhead perfectly; even the furniture fit her. The woman looked at her, waiting for her news. “Tara MaClay lives next door.”

Willow was silent, starting to grin she giggled. “Well short commute to work then.” The agent busts out laughing at the comment, “Got that right girl, why don’t we unload the U-Haul and get you settled?” Walking back outside, Willow opened the back door of the U-Haul then looks to Faith. “Actually all the furniture can stay in the truck all I need are the boxes and suitcases.” She starts to pull out boxes, placing them on the ground.

Faith began to take the boxes inside, reading the label on the outside and putting them relatively where they should go. After a few hours all of Willow’s things were in the house, shutting the truck door Willow sighed. “Well guess I need to drop off the truck, don’t care what they do with the furniture.” Faith came out shutting the door as she tossed the keys to the redhead. “Want me to follow you so you have a ride home?”

Willow nodded as she got in the car, sticking her head out the window. “I don’t know where the U-Haul place is.” Faith walked over, “No worries I know where it is just follow me.” Faith went to her car, getting in they both started their vehicles. The redheads close behind Faith as they pulled down the driveway.

Thirty minutes later the two women were laughing as Faith drove down the road, turning in her seat Willow got a wicked idea. “Faith, can you take me to the nearest Ferrari dealership?” The brunette nodded turning off of the main road, “Planning on splurging Will?” The other woman nodded smiling from ear to ear, “Faith I am going to live in style for once!”

Tara jogged up her driveway after watching Faith’s Camaro and a U-Haul pull out of the driveway next door; wiping her small towel across her forehead. ‘Wonder why Faith was next door’ she thought, shrugging it off she went in the kitchen entrance to get bottled water.

Running into Sam getting ready to make lunch, “Hey same make some sort of pie will you? I want to take it to the new neighbor later tonight.” He nodded already getting the ingredients’ out for a homemade apple pie.

Taking her water, the blonde headed to her room to get a shower in; then get ready for her important phone meetings of the day.

The sleek Camaro pulls into the Ferrari dealership; before Faith couldn't even put the car in park, Willow had jumped out starting to look at cars immediately. She watched as the redhead moved from car to car reading all the details. A salesman was making his way over, however he was headed to Faith not the redhead.

Shaking her head knowing that because Willow was dress in jeans and a t—shirt that read ‘Quick Run Fish Bitch is coming!!’ with stick figures running away from a fish with four legs. She looked the salesman in the eye as he approached.

“Good afternoon, may I help you?” He sounded like a pompous ass but Faith held her tongue, “Actually I have my car…” She looks at her Camaro, “But my friend here wants to buy a Ferrari.” She pointed to Willow who seemed very interested in the sleek black Graf Weckerle Ferrari 599 GTB.

He cleared his throat, “Miss, I don’t think she wants to buy.” Willow walking up heard the comment, smirking to herself and wrapping an arm around Faith’s shoulders. “Babe should I pay with cash or check, or is this ass even gonna serve me?” Faith stifled a giggle, playing along as she leant into the redhead’s embrace.

“I dunno honey, I mean I think he assumes rich people dress a certain way, I mean good way to turn customers away right?” Faith’s tone was cool and even, as the man started to pale. “Well I could always get a Camaro like you, the Ferrari is great but ya know a sleek Camaro would be nice…” the redhead trailed off as the man got even more nervous.

“I…err…I am sorry ladies, we are not used to having customers dress so casually.” He fidgeted, straightening his tie. “I noticed you were interested in the Graf Weckerle?” He motioned to the black Ferrari on the lot. Walking back to the car Willow looked at the man, “I want a test drive it, if I like it I’ll drive it off the lot.” She waited a moment before quirking a brow at the man.

Visibly swallowing the man felt like these were two power house women, nodding he asked for Willow’s ID; after getting it he quickly went inside to get the keys. “OH MY GOD! That was hilarious Will! When did you get so butch?” Faith was having a hard time not laughing. Willow shrugged, “I don’t like people disrespecting me, that’s when I do something. Plus it works like a charm.” The brunette shook her head as she sees the man come back.

Handing Willow her ID back; he unlocked the car, opening the doors for the ladies to get in. “Take it out for a drive, but please not too long. I’ll be here waiting for when you get back.” Dropping the keys in the redhead’s hand he stepped back.

Shutting the door Willow, grinning from ear to ear started the engine. “Oh yeah that’s a nice rumble, sounds like a V8 maybe.” The two buckled up, pulling out onto the road. “She handles nice, though I would want extra’s put into her.”

“Well you can get whatever you want Will, I mean you are rich in your own right.” Faith ran her hands over the leather seat, knowing her friend would only get the best. Suddenly she remembered a meeting, “Oh shit Will I have a meeting in…” Looks at the car clock, “Oh fuck twenty minutes!”

The redhead understood, turning a complete U-turn in the middle of the road; thankfully they were on a road off the main ones. Hitting the accelerator she floored it, pulling into the lot eight minutes later.

Faith jumped out smiling, hugging her friend; stating she would see her tomorrow as she hopped in her car and took off. Willow watched her leave, turning to the guy who had come back out. She finally noticed his nametag. “I want it John, but I want a loaner till you get the exact things done to this car that I want." He smiled; showing her to his office to seal the deal.

Later that evening Willow was sitting in her kitchen eating some ramen noodles; she had yet to go shopping for groceries, when the gate buzzed. She walked to a wall console pressing a button, “Hello?” From the other end she heard a crackle, “H-hi I’m your neighbor, wanted to give you a welcome pie.” The redhead smiled, buzzing the gate open, “Come on up will meet you at the door.” Tossing her bowl in the sink she made her way to the front door.

Making her way up the winding driveway Tara took a deep breath, she was always nervous meeting new people; especially on a personal level. Stopping at the front door she was about to knock, instead the door flew open startling her; almost dropping the pie. Two slender pale hands shot out and caught the pie before it hit the ground.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to startle ya.” The woman stated holding the pie and taking a sniff. “Mmmm smells delicious, I’m Willow by the way Willow Rosenberg.” She smiled at the blond, blinking she recognized her but waited for the blonde to introduce herself.
Straightening her t-shirt Tara smiled, I’m Tara MaClay, it’s nice to meet you Willo…wait Willow as in the translator Willow?” She looked at the smaller woman, noticing the funny shirt and how it fit her like a glove. The redhead nodded to her question, “Looks like I will be working for you Tara, and be your neighbor. Would you like to come in and share this pie with me?”

Willow stepped inside and to the side to allow Tara to enter, shutting the door she grinned. “The kitchen is down the hall here and to the left.” She led the blond through the house a bit, Tara was amazed at how it looked, remembering the one U-Haul from earlier. “Tell me you had more than one U-Haul here today…”

The redhead chuckled grabbing some plates, forks and a knife; “Nope just the one, the place came furnished so I just needed my clothes and computer software stuff.” She began serving up some apple pie, “Would you like some vanilla ice cream with yours?” The blonde nodded looking at the kitchen, it looked like a Master Chef had owned this house.

As Willow served up the ice cream, Tara had to ask. “Willow who did you buy this house from, I never tried to find out?” The smaller girl slides the plate toward Tara as she sat down, “Wolfgang had it before, I got it from him at a great price.” She took a bite of pie, noticing the actress was slack jawed.

“Hey Tare you there?” She waved a hand in front of the blonde; the blonde started shaking her head. “Sorry I never realized he owned this place, wow good for you though, being able to have this kitchen.” The blonde began eating her pie and ice cream.
The women ate in silence, exchanging smiles; when they finished they washed the few dishes Willow had, both ending up even more wet then the dishes. “HAHA ok ok no more Tare!” Willow held her hand up in defense against the water splashing at her. Tara was grinning victoriously, “See not just an actress, I am a champion splasher!”

They both were laughing again; Willow looked at the time, walking to the kitchen door she motioned for the blonde to follow her. She led her guest into one of the many living rooms, moving to the fireplace the redhead started a fire.

The blond sat down on a plush black couch, watching as the smaller woman walked around the room, finally sitting on the opposite end of the couch. “I still can’t believe this is mine.” The redhead was looking around at the art and furniture.

“It’s gorgeous Willow, much like the owner of the house.” ‘OMG I am flirting!’ The blonde tried to hide her shock from her own words, seeing the redhead smile shyly at her with a light blush on her cheeks. “Well um thank you, I always lived in condos or apartments so it’s nice to have a house, well more a mansion.”

Hours past as the women got to know one another; then the topics fell to translations and how Willow got into it. “Oh well, I had a friend in elementary school that was mute, she could hear but no words. Because of that I decided to learn, eventually it became my passion. I like to help those who can’t talk or hear.” Willow fiddled with a pillow, looking at Tara knowing other questions were coming.

“Will, why did you take this job, clearly you have money, you don’t have to work at all, yet you do?” Tara scooted over on the couch, curling up as she waited for her new friend to speak.

“I know I don’t have too, I mean my software programs are wanted everywhere, it made me money fast after I got my degree’s. But I don’t want to party all the time,” She took a breath setting the pillow to the side.

“I like having money sure, but I want to do something with my life, help those that can’t help themselves. Not much money in that so I create software programs to balance it.” She smiled and leaned forward, “Plus it’s a lot of fun manipulating stuff in a computer. Translation will always be my passion, that’s why I took this job.”

Tara’s heart was soaring, she never met anyone so selfless, she herself got whatever she could that was high class. She grew up with abusive father and brother; she figured she deserved it. Then here is Willow, having a lonely past but still having money and yet she wants to give and help others.

Looking up into emerald eyes; Tara’s breath caught in her throat before she could speak, taking a deep breath she began smiling. “Will you are such a selfless person I wish I was like you.” As if on instinct both scooted closer; leaning in like they were sharing secrets, “Beautiful, a powerhouse and so giving, you are an amazing person.”

Willow blushed almost as red as her hair, looking up past Tara she noticed they had been talking for hours; it was two in the morning. “Wow time flies when you have great company.” Now it was the blonde’s turn to blush; she looked at her own watch, “Oh wow yeah, I better get going I have a meeting with my new assistant at nine am.” She smirked getting up; Willow standing walked Tara to the door.

Placing a hand on the door handle she looked at the actress, “I had a great time talking to you, and I look forward to the meeting boss.” Grinning from ear-to-ear at calling her boss; giggling Tara was stepping out the door, “Only when you are my assistant am I your boss, and just call me Tara.”

“Ok though I like Tar better.” Willow flirted again, both women thinking “OMG’. Tara began her walk down the driveway, waving to Willow before she disappeared around the corner. Shutting the door, Willow leaned against it, “Wow, she is amazing!” Shaking her head she heads upstairs to her bedroom to get a few hours of sleep in before heading to her meeting.

The blonde floated up to her bedroom, or so that’s what it felt like, dropping onto her bed smiling. “This will be interesting, Willow is….amazing.” Changing into PJ’s, she climbed into bed; falling to sleep thinking of a woman with emerald eyes and red hair.

TBC

Hope you enjoyed this installment!

Last edited by AstronSoul on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
DIBS! I stole dibs!!! Woo Hoo!!! FINALLY! lol :bigwave :banana :bounce :dumbo :grin

Ok, my first car was a '73 Camaro and my dream car is the new Camaro, so I'm kinda jealous of Faith right about now. So, so unfair!

Willow's new house sounds amazing and she really lucked out getting it fully furnished, but the best part was the official welcome wagon. AWESOME! :luv

Loving this fic and anxiously waiting for more!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

*gasp* I missed Dibs! I have to go read now...*mutters*

*giggles manically at Willow's T-shirt* That guy at the dealership is a pompous ass!

Yay! They finally meet, and they get along so well!!! Yippee! But, of course they would get along! You could put these women in any situation and they would be drawn to each other. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Quote:
“See not just an actress, I am a champion splasher!”

Yes a champion at getting Willow wet, hehe.

I really love this story and I'm looking forward to more!
:wtkiss Soon?

~Allie~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ahha! I caught this update the day it was posted this time! :D

Squee! Fun times in LA! You had me in fits of giggles in front of my cats again with that dealership scene. What a pompous ass! I love Willow's quick whit putting him in his place :lmao

How awesome that our girls are neighbors! And the lovely night of chatting will definitely make the next days meeting much easier. I love how well they have hit it off from the start (not that I'm surprised, but its great to see them both so confident and comfortable)

Can't wait for the next (potentially stealth) update! :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:52 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Deifnitely a good start; neighbors will make things itneresting, to sya the least.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.