The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 3/15/2012)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 am 
3. Flaming O

There are still people reading it, and I am tremendously enjoying it! I look forward to next chapter to, hopefully, relieve that cliffhanger a bit. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
That's a lot of hinting and warning about the future and not a lot of it good. It reminds me a little bit about Hellebore. How Willow sees a future that is sort of a choice and she can destroy or save. It sounds like Tara will have to be strong even thought Willow will be "dead". Not good at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:37 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
So, I missed leaving feedback on the last chapter, because well, there was stuff going on...but I did read it!! :blush Anyway, lot's of for boding in this last chapter and none of it seems good. Hopefully, Morgan has her information wrong. Even though I know that if Willow dies, she certainly won't stay dead, but I really hate to see Tara have to go through the pain.

I still really love you're writing style, it's kinda floaty and mystical. Can't wait for more!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hey Allie I just started reading this story which I only did because I read another story of yours, 'The Promise' on fan-fiction.net. And that was only because I saw a recommendation for it from Shelby, Finey_McFine and I'm really, really enjoying it.

This so far is a pretty cool story with a wonderful description of Tara riding throught the rain to get to safety from her loony toon father who sounds like a hard core religious nut case.

When she finds safety at Willow's castle and we learn how Mr. Maclay wiped out all the inhabitants including Dawn and Willow's lover my heart went out to them both as I have a lot of love for Dawn and Willow is one of my favourite ever Buffy characters.

I love the way that Willow and Tara pretty much fall for each other straight away though I suppose having a semi-psychotic like Mr. Maclay affecting both their lives I suppose it was inevitable that they would come together. It's nice to see a lack of angst in the story too. I can take angst in a story and accept it as a part of life but it doesn't mean I have to like it so a lack always makes me a happy kitten.

Tara's memories of her father murdering her mother is nightmarish. I'm guessing he's going to return to cause trouble for our heroes.

Wow, Tara can get really pissed when she's angry, hopefully she won't get to angry with Willow too often.

Willow making the crutches for Tara was such a kind gesture and a sign as to how much she cares about her house guest.

Something that I've noticed about the story is its similarity to 'Beauty and the Beast'. Girl lost in woods finds castle with magical being inside who gives girl shelter, slowly the two fall in love and magical being shows girl an immense library. All we need is a talking clock and candlestick and it's complete.

Willow watched as Tara laid her hands on the grass in front of the stone. She felt Tara’s power surge, for a moment it scared her, before she noticed the flower stems growing out of the ground. The flowers grew and spread out around the grave and the stone.

This is such a wonderful way to show Tara's care for others, alive or dead and her big heart growing the flowers as a thank you to Morgan.

I love their nicknames for each other, 'My golden one' and my willow tree, so sweet. :flower

His eyes burned with rage and a fevered insanity as he watched their lips meet. “Willow. I was never done with you. We will not be done until one of us is dead,” he growled out as he looked down at the bag of weapons at his feet. Donald Maclay was not leaving this time, not until both of the women were dead. He took the weapons out, one by one, cleaning them and sharpening them when needed. Donald Maclay was going hunting, and he was prepared.

Ok, scary much????

The rain beat against his skin as he dragged the body of the fawn towards the doors of the castle. Night called a lonely song to him, crying out the loss of one of its young. Laughing into the dark, Donald used his knife to slice the corpse, watching as the rain pelted a dark red stain into the gravel walkway.

Awesome piece of description here and so beautifully written. I Wish I could write this well.

The words that Willow writes to describe Tara are so wonderful, 'her smile brighter than the sun, her eye's deeper than the sea'. Once again I find myself wanting a Tara of my, own along with every other Kitten of course.

“Thought you would scare us, old man? Look what you’ve done!” Tara yelled, as fire leapt from her fingertips into the sky, myriad colors of heat bursting the sky with the white and blues of the lightning. “You come near her, I will kill you!” They sent more flares into the sky, showing their power, feeling his eyes on them, yet unable to see him in the dark.

Yeah, you go Tara and Willow. You girls kick ass.

The flashback where Tara is remembering the time she made her brother vanish and her father placer her in a hole in the ground is quite unnerving, made more so with Mr. Macay remaining calm all the time as opposed to just lose his rag. it's sad though that young Tara is being made to believe that her magic is evil because her dad is a loony toon.

It's all very intriguing with Willow sharing Tara's dream's and seeing events from the blonde girls past, a strange voice warning Maclay to lay off the witches or else and the knowledge that a war is coming, which I'm guesing will see a lot of death on both sides.

I do like the idea that in your story verse witches can or do have familiars such as Astron and her white tiger Pura.

“If we let them continue, they will destroy our town!” Donald yelled out into the incensed crowd. He had gone on and on about protecting their children, all the things he loved to use against them. It definitely helped that he was well regarded in this town, having a large farm and was also considered a preacher of sorts.

“We’ll ride out,” someone yelled from the middle of the throng. “Gather forces!”

Again I'm seeing a resemblance to the plot of disney's 'Beauty and the Beast', one of my favourite disney films.

Donald here reminds me of a Peter Cushing character from a Hammer film called 'Twins of Evil' where he plays a religious nut type trying to kill witches then one of the twins, his wards, gets turned into a vampire, typical.

“And you? Who will put you out of your misery?” The man replied quietly, a steel to his voice that made the people around his step back.

“Who are you?” Donald spat out.

“I have a name for friends, but you, sir,” he said with disgust. “You may call me Ripper."

I'm guessing that this is Giles, and what an entrance, he sounds like the type of sorcerer Willow and Tara are going to need in the coming war.

And now a third party is planning on joining the war. Evil magic users who are wanting to destroy both the other two sides. The intrigue is building.

Yep, I'm loving this story a lot and can't wait to read more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Allie,

Loved this . . . a real sense of dark waters stirring of deep magic and the movement of ancient energy.

You lay this out with prose that is sister to poetry; reminds me of epic poetry.

I'm fascinated by the trial that comes to them . . . each vignette one step further into darkness.

Then the final step . . . over the cliff - made my stomach drop and my heart clench.

Brava! :bow :clap :applause :clap :bow

GREAT JOB! :bounce :pinky :party :eatme

Now keep writing! :kgeek :whip

Ariel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 am 
8. Vixen

I love that Willow refers to Xander as the 'brother of her heart' and that he was always there for her. It shows the love that the people around her weren't just servants but a beloved family that she cared for deeply.

The moment where Morgan looks at Tara and knows what is going to happen is slightly unnerving, especially as Tara is in Willow's dream, but I did like that Morgan has purple eyes as it adds to the idea that she is a user of magic.

Holy crap, the raid on Willow and Morgan's castle is truly horrific with the deaths of Morgan, Xander and especially Dawn incredibly cruel.

It may only be a short chapter but a necessary and important one as we see how evil Donald Maclay is. I do wonder though, does Maclay want to kill Willow because she is a witch or because he wants her land????

I sense interesting back stories to be told on Pura and Astron and where they come from.

“It’s okay darling,” Tara said, trying to comfort the upset redhead. “Will you meditate with me? It gets better when we meditate.”

Awww, a sweet term of endearment here as Tara calls Willow darling. :flower

“Whoa,” Willow said. “He’s a big kitty.”

“I think he is a she,” Tara said, craning her neck for a better view.

“Well. Hello, Ms. Kitty,” Willow called out to the animal. The redhead turned to Tara, “Wonder what she wants. Should we go…um…say hi?”

“How do we say hi to a tiger?” Tara asked incredulously.

“Hi,” Willow demonstrated, waving her arm. Tara laughed.

great comedy dialogue here as Tara and Willow greet Pura and Astron at their castle.

“Sometimes, even I cannot explain the way my mind works,” Willow replied, shaking her head.

One of the best lines in a story ever, hilarious.

“Well, you’re much more than you seem aren’t you?”

As are you, Pura replied, standing up and walking with Willow back to the castle.

Some intriguing stuff here, we know that Willow is a witch and full of grief for the loss of her friends at Maclay's hands but is there more going on we don't yet know about?????

Great piece of babble from Willow as she talks to Pura and even acknowledges her ability by calling it a 'well exercised talent.'

How can it be well exercised if it's only been herself and Buffy for so long????

Very dark stuff occuring as we see for the first time how dangerous these 'witch hunters' are, razing a village to the ground as they have done and killing nearly all the inhabitants. From the reaction of Kelly, now called Charna, I think the deep doggy doo doo is about to hit the fan big time. I wonder if the war is going to be anything like the vamp witch war in season 4 of True Blood.

Can't wait to read the rest of the story, this is geting good

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 am 
8. Vixen

Interesting pair up with Riley being Giles' son. I do like the mention of Giles being tempted by the darkness, a little reference for long term Buffy fans.

Giles nodded, his eyes straying away from his son’s beloved face, gazing into the dusky sky, “If my research is correct, the time of prophecy is upon us.”

Ooh prophecies!!!!, these are always fun.

“I have a tub in my room,” Willow said, grunting lightly under the weight of the two pails she was carrying. “It’s built in, with special pipes that Xan…” Her voice trailed off for a moment before she finished her sentence.

A nice reminder that Xander, whilst no longer around was very important to Willow and played a big part in her life.

It so sweet when Tara calls Willow love, a sign as to how quickly their love has grown and much Willow means to the redhead.

“It…will you,” Willow started, her eyes growing wide. “IwantyoutosharemyroomwithmebecauseIloveyouandIthinkweshouldsharearoom.” She smacked a hand to her forehead as her well-thought out speech turned into a jumbled mess.

I love Willow's cuteness here as she confesses her love to Tara and asks to share her room with her.

I like the conversation between Willow and Pura as we finally get to learn about the tiger/person and where she comes from.

Why do I get the feeling that Willow's resolve to make sure that Astron falls in love with Pura is going to become complicated.

Interesting, now we know how magick works in this world and it isn't just a matter of pointing a finger, shouting shazam and a bolt of lightning comes hurtling forth. But if this is the case and some witches, and presumably sorcerers or wizards, can manipulate the elements wouldn't it be a good idea to leave the magick users alone as they must provide a useful service to others. And just why is Donald Maclay determined to get rid of all the witches in the first place, apart from basic hatred that is????

Astron calmed down; then gently set her hand down on Tara’s shoulder, “Hun, you need to learn to fight. If someone gets close enough, I don’t want you getting hurt. Or if Willow is backed into a corner and I’m-”

“Teach me,” Tara said grimly, with no hint of a stutter. “No one touches my girl.”

And now Tara is ready to learn how to kick ass, and no one kicks ass like an angry Tara.

Oooh, major bad from Angelus, William and Drusilla as they do a 'Jason and the Argonauts' style resurrection of the dead then set zombies loose on innocent villagers.

“Why do you get to do the easy-” Willow whined, then stopped mid-whine. “Oh, Goddess, I sound like Dawn.”

I found this line so adorable from Willow. I'd have chuckled even more at it if Dawn had actually been there yelling 'Hey'
at Willow.

Is it really safe for Buffy to leave Willow's castle while Maclay the maniac is around. If he'd caught her he could have killed her or held her hostage.

It's nice that with the aid of Astron Tara has been able to grow as a person, losing her stutter and becoming a bad ass blonde with a sword.

A big YAY :applause for Astron and Pura admitting their love for each other but will Pura's change take a very long time to complete and if it will how is that going to affect the future battle between the witches and Maclay's idiot army.

Is Rei's wolf, Luna, a shape-changer like Pura????

The part where GIles and Riley come to thegates of Willow's castle put me in mind of the scene in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' where Maurice find the Beast's castle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am 
8. Vixen

It's good to see Tara talking without her stutter as she is finally allowed to become the wonderful young woman she really is.

Two things come to my mind here. 1) Doesn't Maclay realise that he comes from a woman? Was he never taught to pay respect to them????

2) What if he gets to Tara while she is in the castle????

The idea of characters using bushcraft skills isn't something I see much of in fantasy stories, even one's I've written, so it's nice to see them in use here. It adds to the realism of the setting making it even more believable.

Could yet another relationship be developing between Charna and Sera?

He might have had children, a family.

I didn’t even know his name.

Children. Name. Who had he been? A father? A brother? He was someone’s son.

I like this stark reminder that in war there are many victims, not just the one's who are killed but also their families and friends.

the conversation between Sera and Charna is fascinating, especially with the coldness from Sera after her earlier nervous jitters.

It is such a great thing having Sera killing the men, albeit reluctantly, and deep down hating what she has to do but knowing that it's a necessary evil.

Neat cliffhanger with Sera returning to the ground only to be struck by a rock, but did it come from Charna by accident or was it one of the men????

Charna ran to Sera, gesturing for the others to deal with the man who she had sent flying backwards. She cursed herself for forgetting the third guard as she checked Sera’s neck for a pulse. She sighed in relief at the proof of life that pounded against her fingertips. Her deft hands moved gracefully across Sera’s head, feeling only a lump, no stickiness of blood coming away with her hand. Ever so gently, she rolled the woman onto her side, so she could look at the wound that the man’s blade had left before she had hit him with a blast of wind.

“Find some rope!” Rei called out. Charna looked up to see her standing by the guard, who also had been knocked out.

“I need a wound kit over here,” Charna called out to them. When that sent Calah running, she looked back down and pressed her hand against the wound. The bleeding was slow now, sluggishly coming from the slice in the pale flesh. Charna used her free hand to tear the fabric around it, making it easier for her to work

Sorry but I'm a little puzzled here, was Sera injured and bleeding or wasn't she?

The sewing job done on Sera was enough to make to my belly go screwy, eew not nice at all.

Well s***, now that Angelus, Spike and Drusilla have joined Donald Maclay things are going to get bad, really bad. What makes it worse is that after they have 'supposedly' won the war the dark sorcerers are just going to wipe out Maclay and his men.

YAY Faith's turned up WOOHOO.

“You have a quick lesson to learn, son,” Donald said angrily. “Never underestimate a woman. They may be weak; they may be soft, but they have strong magic. They’re liars and manipulators! Curses!”

Seriously, did this guy not have a mother or was he just born a total dick.

Looking unsure, Faith said, “What? So she can smile me to death? I’m shaking in my boots.”

“You’re not wearing boots. No, I think I will tell her that you said both the bed and the chair are uncomfortable and you keep walking back and forth because you can’t decide which the lesser evil is.” Astron moved towards the door, smirking.

“Don’t!” Faith yelled, plopping onto the floor. “She’ll get all sad and give me Tara-eyes with them big blues!”

LOL, something I've always loved is the friendship between Faith and Tara and how Tara can make Faith nervous. Presumably the friendship between the two will grow as the story progresses.

Astron's story about how she fought the beast and received the fang is a great piece of world building as we learn more about the people's of the story and how their varying tribes work.

I love Tara's idea that she would be arguing with Morgan over who should be with Willow.

The last lines between Willow and Tara as they stand before Morgan's grave are a beautiful affirmation of love between the two.

The conversation between Xander and Tara is certainly intriguing. I wonder if the red moon is a sign of the blod that is going to be shed in the coming war.

"Basically, when you’re down, when you feel like you can’t go on, have faith. You’ll know what to do.” He patted her hand.

Does Xander's comment of 'have faith' a reference to everyone's favourite tiger and are wea going to meet any of the other ghosts like Dawn?

Intriguing conversations all round then but what did the cailleach measa say to Faith/Pura?

Is Willow really going to die at the hands of Donald Maclay?

Is Tara going to be so overwrought with grief that she will attempt murder?

Babbles, please keep writing this story as I'm loving every chapter of it and really need to know what happens next.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Hey Allie,
Just coming out of my huge project work coma that I've been in for the last month. *Deep sigh* All done. Great imagery in this update, even though it's of the dark and scary kind. I feel so bad for Willow. It was almost cruel for Morgan to give her this information. I mean, what is she going to do with it other than be freaked the heck out all the time. Its not like it changes her love or trust she has in Tara. All of that was already there. Also, I'm wondering if the Xander message was supposed to be about Faith helping Tara, not faith as in believing in things not seen. I guess the main point of this update is that Tara will need the help of her friends to overcome Willow's perceived death. Can't wait to see where you take this next. Looking forward to your next update.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Sorry I didn't feedback sooner. Life just won't let up on the crazy (can't wait for May! it HAS to be quieter than the last couple months :P) I'm still loving this story and hope to see an update soon! So much plot-y goodness going on, can't wait to see where it goes :)

~Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:24 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Replies...

Mgraham93 - Congrats on Dibsies!

Astron - Hi bestie!! I tried to do my best with Xander and his self-depreciating humor. I'm glad you liked Astron's dream, and Pura's. Hoping that Tara can bring Willow back... hmmmmm...MUAHAHAHA. Is she going to die or something? Kitten rules, remember?

fhiwda - Awesome! Intrigued, huh? I like that. Thanks for reading!

Wills redemption - I got the reaction I thought I was going to get, at least lol. Thanks for reading, and so sorry its been a month.

Nenyath - Hopefully this helps a ... bit. But no relieving, methinks.

JustSkipIt - I remember when I finished writing that chapter, I kept switching between laughter and repeating, "No bueno." over and over. Thanks for the feedback!

Finey - Glad you're still here! The day I read your fb I was grinning all day because of the mystical and floaty comment. Thanks bunches!

willowtaralover - There's so much of your feedback, it would take a loooong time to reply to it all. I did read it! Lots of questions that I hope got answered as you read on. I just want to say thanks for reading and I hope you continue to read. Now, at first, the correlation between RTL and Beauty and the Beast was completely unintentional. After a few people commented on it, I purposely poked fun at it by putting Donald on a soapbox. Thank goodness I resisted the urge to write a musical chapter.

Ariel - Hope you're doing better! How's recovery? I remember I was in the hospital for 2 days after my surgery and refused to stay in my bed. My excuse? I wanted a cigarette, either I was going to walk outside or they were gonna get me a damn wheelchair. They got me a wheelchair lol. Glad you're still enjoying this. Epic poetry, huh? I wrote an epic poem once, in a Beowolf-related school assignment. That was fun. Thanks for the FB! Kitten love, Chika!

True_Love - I think Morgan's just worried. I'm not sure what she's going to do with the information yet, but maybe there's a reason why Morgan feels that Willow should know. And about the F/T question...we'll see. Thanks!

leos_pride - Hey, I'm pretty sure you can tell by my switch from weekly update to monthly updates, that I'm aware of RL craziness! Update a-comin! Enjoy and thanks!

AND
NOPE NOT GONNA SAY IT!
on to the next...okay?! Happy?!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:26 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Title: Ride the Lightning
Author: Babbles4twillow aka Allie
Distribution: Just ask.
Rating: M for Mature (I’ve been watching too much TV. Yes, I just did that in the EA Games voice)
Disclaimer: I own very little of this story, I get nothing from it but smiles, no compensation (money-wise). The only things from this story that are completely mine are the idea, the words, and two characters, Sera and Calah.

Notes: Oh boy! Been a month already, huh? This one is a bit short, but I think it ended in a good place to start the next chapter, and the finale is coming soon!

Chapter 18 – Countdown

Willow woke from her dream with a gasp, a sudden and sure knowledge resting inside her. She turned and saw Tara sleeping peacefully. Realizing that it was still early, the redhead resisted the urge to wake her lover. Slowly, she removed herself from the bed and moved to her desk. Her next half hour was filled with writing down her thoughts and the dream; she would be completely restless until she got it all down. Once she did that, she spent the rest of the night watching Tara sleep, trying to keep her mind empty.

The room was starting to get a slight glow to it from the rising sun, when Tara woke. First, she stretched out her arm, searching the cold sheets for her love. When she found nothing, she opened her eyes to see Willow staring at her pensively. She let out a soft, “Morning.”

Willow tilted her head to the side, “Morning.” She gestured at the chair she was sitting in, “Couldn’t sleep.”

“Well, why not?”

“Bad dream, I guess,” Willow answered, not sure if her dream had been exactly that, or something else. Had it been a dream, or a real visit from Morgan?

“Hmm, I had a strange dream last night. Did you get a visit, too?” Tara opened her arms for Willow, who gladly crawled onto the bed and into her lover’s comforting arms.

Willow got comfortable and snuggled down into Tara’s arms before answering, “Yes. Morgan came to me.”

“Cryptic messages? I got a visit from Xander. He loves you, you know.”

“I know, and yes. Lots of cryptic messages, and scary future-telling,” Willow said with a shudder.

“What did she say?”

“She said that I’m going to be…um…hurt.” She answered, hesitantly.

“Not if I can help it,” Tara said fervently, leaving a kiss on Willow’s forehead, before they climbed out of bed to ready themselves for the day.

******************************************************************************************

Astron woke and turned her head, feeling a weight on the bed close to her. She laughed when she saw the cat-eyes staring back at her. “Good morning, love.”

“Good Morning,” Faith answered, changing her eyes back. She had been practicing changing pieces of herself since she woke from the dream-walk. She smiled, leaning forward and pressing her lips against Astron’s.

“Mmm. Hey!” Astron moaned as Faith pulled away. “Where are you taking my lips?”

“I have something to tell you,” Faith said, telling Astron all about her dream. “So now I know, with this battle, I could save my race. She gave me a lot of knowledge that had been lost, as to how to change at will, and things like that.” Faith got up and started pacing. “I’ve been practicing all morning, while I waited for you to wake.”

“I had a dream, too,” Astron said quietly. The tone in her voice caused Faith to stop and look at her with concern in her eyes. Seeing the expression on her lover’s face, Faith moved quickly back to the bed to gather Astron into her arms. “Tara’s mother came to me,” she explained, and then proceeded to tell her the rest.

“Wow,” Faith said, her voice thick with tears. She was not as close to Tara as her love was, but she had grown close to the redhead and didn’t want to lose that friendship. “Do you think we should tell them?”

“No, I don’t think so. I think it will make things worse if we’re all walking around wondering when it’s going to happen, jumping at shadows.”

“You’re right,” Faith said shakily. This time, it was Astron’s turn to gather her love into her arms. She pressed a comforting kiss onto Faith shoulder. At the contact, Faith shifted so that she could replace her shoulder with her lips. They sought out each other, moaning into each other’s mouths, and spent the rest of that morning giving each other a different kind of comfort.

“Dawn!” Buffy called out, as she woke with a start. “I’m still not ready to say goodbye.”

Her sister’s words rang in her head, “It’s never goodbye. It’s always-”

“See you later,” Buffy finished. She lay back down against her pillow and recalled her dream, allowing herself a lazy moment. Dawn had been waiting for her at the edge of the forest, so they took a walk. They walked through the forest for hours, catching up.

“You have to let someone in,” Dawn had told her. “You can’t keep hiding behind your scar. You don’t even talk to Will anymore.”

“I don’t know how everything got so messed up,” Buffy had told her sister. “I’m afraid to be close to someone.”

“You’re afraid to lose them. The same way you lost me, and Willow lost Morgan. You can’t let your fear stand in your way.”

“When did you get so old?” Buffy had asked with a chuckle.

“Dying does that to a brat,” Dawn answered.

Buffy sighed and slowly got out of bed. Her sister was right, she decided as she stared at herself in the mirror. She needed to start living again. She finished her morning routine, flashed herself a smile, and attacked the day with new life.

“Keep moving,” Rei called out. Calah was close behind her, leading the horse with the gagged soldier sitting in the saddle, Sera was riding with Charna, safely sleeping in her arms, and River brought up the rear. Rei could sense Luna searching the forest around them for danger.

“She’s waking,” Charna explained why she had slowed. “I need to check her bandages.”

Everyone slowed to a stop and helped Sera down from the horse. The past few days of riding had been hard on the wounded woman. Charna had done her best to take the brunt of the jostling, but the constant movement had aggravated her side. They brought her to the ground softly, laying her down in the grass. They silently moved away as Charna dismounted, creating a circle around the two women with their backs to them for privacy.

“How are you feeling?” Charna asked as she softly stroked Sera’s pale cheek.

“Like I was stabbed,” Sera whispered. She gave a small smile.

“This might hurt,” Charna warned as she lifted Sera’s shirt and gripped the bandaging. She looked to Sera and received a nod. Removing the bandaging, Charna gasped. Sometime since the last chance she’d had to change the bandages, the wound had gotten worse. The stitches had pulled at the skin and part of the wound had opened back up. The skin was red and swollen, a yellowish liquid seeping from the cut. Charna closed her eyes and tried to stay calm.

“That bad, huh?” Sera asked, hoarsely.

Charna pulled a knife from her boot, “What I have to do, it-”

“Its going to hurt,” Sera interrupted. “Do it.” She let out a scream as Charna quickly sliced her wound open and pressed a clean bandage hard against it.

“Help me,” Charna told the others. “We need to get this wrapped and get to the castle. How far are we?”

“Another day, at least,” Rei answered.

“Let’s make it a few hours,” Charna said grimly, looking at Sera, who had passed out from the pain. They quickly wrapped her wound, and got her back onto the horse. Rei tied the lead for the soldier’s horse to her saddle and Calah climbed up behind her.

“Let’s ride,” Charna said as she held tight to Sera. They dug their heels into their horses’ sides, and galloped into the night, all of them sending up a prayer to the goddess, hoping they would make it on time.

TBC!!

~Allie
(ps - whats going on with the sigs?)
Edited: Cause I was lazy and copy/pasted the top and totally forgot something *cough*

Last edited by Babbles4Twillow on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 4/13/2012)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 am 
5. Willowhand

DIBS!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip

Ok ~ahem~ time to leave feedback

Quote:
“Cryptic messages? I got a visit from Xander. He loves you, you know.”

“I know, and yes. Lots of cryptic messages, and scary future-telling,” Willow said with a shudder.

“What did she say?”

“She said that I’m going to be…um…hurt.” She answered, hesitantly.

“Not if I can help it,” Tara said fervently, leaving a kiss on Willow’s forehead, before they climbed out of bed to ready themselves for the day.

Yes scary as hell the whole future-telling, but I love love love how Tara immediately tells Willow that she will basically do whatever it takes to keep Willow safe with very few words.

Quote:
Astron woke and turned her head, feeling a weight on the bed close to her. She laughed when she saw the cat-eyes staring back at her. “Good morning, love.”

“Good Morning,” Faith answered, changing her eyes back. She had been practicing changing pieces of herself since she woke from the dream-walk. She smiled, leaning forward and pressing her lips against Astron’s.

“Mmm. Hey!” Astron moaned as Faith pulled away. “Where are you taking my lips?”

Hehe I can see myself laughin seeing a human with cat eyes, then gain might be hot as hell, well it's Faith so yeah hot is a given.

I also love how Astron complains about her lips being taken away lmao

Quote:
“Wow,” Faith said, her voice thick with tears. She was not as close to Tara as her love was, but she had grown close to the redhead and didn’t want to lose that friendship. “Do you think we should tell them?”

“No, I don’t think so. I think it will make things worse if we’re all walking around wondering when it’s going to happen, jumping at shadows.”

“You’re right,” Faith said shakily. This time, it was Astron’s turn to gather her love into her arms. She pressed a comforting kiss onto Faith shoulder. At the contact, Faith shifted so that she could replace her shoulder with her lips. They sought out each other, moaning into each other’s mouths, and spent the rest of that morning giving each other a different kind of comfort.

Always good to talk to your significant other about stuff, no matter what. And gees Fictional Astron is gettin it on, but I can't get laid...something is very wrong here....

Quote:
Buffy sighed and slowly got out of bed. Her sister was right, she decided as she stared at herself in the mirror. She needed to start living again. She finished her morning routine, flashed herself a smile, and attacked the day with new life.

I can see where Buffy is coming from, it's hard, but her sister is right, she needs to move forward and live. Hopefully Riley helps with that hehe.

Ok there was too much I liked about the other witches so here we go...

I hate how Charna had to open the wound back up, I mean that kills. But I have to give it to Sera she is one tough lil witch; even though she passed out. Hopefully they get to the castle very soon, I know a fw witches who could easily help Sera hehe well three to be more specific.

Great job Bestie!!! Keep it up!!!

~AS~

PS DIBS MISTRESS IS BACK!!!!

Last edited by AstronSoul on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:23 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey, AstronSoul! The Dibs-Mistress strikes again! :whip

I got arrogant . . . READ the story and while I did you slipped in shadow-like and got that dibs! No worries - you deserve it - and thanks for posting this story!

LOVE the opening - both suspenseful and loving! And yes! I'm dying to know what Willow discovered. Also how the characters process the dreams they experienced. Like Faith's eye changes . . . interesting picture, cat eyes on a woman's face.

Buffy's dream, too. And yeah . . . . hiding behind a scar. Eager to see where that goes, hoping a certain big good-hearted non-cook has something to do with it.

Sera's situation is dire and re-opening the wound - desperate risk. I'm eager for more!

Taking off for the doctor's shortly and still need to comment on two stories - so I gotta go!

Thanks for writing and KEEP WRITING! :wink :whip

Ariel
P.S. Picture of you and your baby is adorable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Allie, hope life is treating you well. This update was another sneak peak into furture events and I can't wait to find out how you are going to tie all this up. I think of all the scenes the one that touched me the most was the one between Buffy and Dawn. It reminded me of the end of S5. As annoying as Dawn can be, and that girl could win some awards, she truly loved her big sis as Buffy loved her. So, it always get's me right here in the ole' ticker when I see that emotion displayed. Great job! Looking forward for more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Babbles4Twillow wrote:
“How are you feeling?” Charna asked as she softly stroked Sera’s pale cheek.

“Like I was stabbed,” Sera whispered.

hehe, don't you hate that feeling? I think that is my favorite part right there I find myself in love with those two. I'm new to your story but I gotta say; loving it! Especially the very Beauty & the Beast castle imagry; makes visualizing it a lot easier. ^^ Whether that was intentiona or not... mehh don't care I enjoy it a lot. Can't wait for more!

Last edited by Vamp_Willz on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:52 am 

Gosh, all these foreboding dreams are making my stomach all acid-y. I liked that each one was visited in their dreams, but not all the messages were positive. I'm seriously hoping Willow's message was wrong and that Tara is able to keep her safe. I'm very worried for Sera and hope they arrive in time for her to be healed.

So many things going on...update soon please!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 am 
8. Vixen

Hey Allie glad to see you back on the board with this awesome story and I'm glad you realised enough people like it too continue writing it.

Yeah, a lot of the questions I asked were answered as I read further chapters but there's still plenty of interesting stuff going on and you could still write a musical chapter yet lol.

It's good to see that Tara is now so close to Willow that she is willing to do anything to keep her love safe.

I really like the dream conversation between Buffy and Dawn who tells her sister to open up. There's a sweetness and a love there that I don't think Dawn was always given on the T.V. show. Hopefully one of the witches coming to help Willow in the forthcoming battle will be able to worm her way into Buffy's heart.

Removing the bandaging, Charna gasped. Sometime since the last chance she’d had to change the bandages, the wound had gotten worse. The stitches had pulled at the skin and part of the wound had opened back up. The skin was red and swollen, a yellowish liquid seeping from the cut. Charna closed her eyes and tried to stay calm.

This is such a deliciously gruesome moment when Charna rips of the old bandage from Sera's wound, then slices it open to get rid of the bad stuff. I think I could top it though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Note: This is not an update, or even a reply to feedback. I am NOT trying to bump my story, but I have something that I feel needs saying. I’ve realized that in an effort to just get an update out there for the readers, I’ve strayed away from a lot of things. I’ve strayed away from my style of writing, from “prose” to short blocky updates, and away from trying to get into each character’s mind as I’ve written. I'm lacking the detail that I love to write, and all the little things that build up each character. I know that you all understand that RL has been crazy, but that's not an excuse for me to throw (what I feel is) crap at you guys and expect you all to read it. Yes, I've thrown some good in there, some twists and turns in an effort to make the updates more exciting. But, I've ultimately lost the story inside of myself that used to literally write itself. So, with that said...NO, I am NOT giving up, but I am promising to do better. I'm going to take more time to just devote to getting myself back into the feeling I want RTL to have, and I hope you all will agree with me, that I need to take my time with this next update. Yes, I've started writing it, but I'm not going to force it. Please forgive me if I don't update for a while, or even follow other Kitten's stories. I love you all, and its not like I'm walking away from the KB, I'm just taking a short break in order to restore RTL. I pick up random influences from other stories and it confuses my characters in my head. When I've got it all worked out, I will get back and leave feedback and catch up on all of your stories, because, well, I heart them. You, lovely Kittens, are a family to me, and I want to give you the best I can. Thank you all for being here through all of this. If you have any tips for my writing or things that you've noticed missing from RTL lately, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks - Allie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 am 
4. Extra Flamey

No replies this time Kittens. Just a BIG thanks to all who are reading. I think I’ve finally got the feel for this back! Also, welcome to Vamp_Willz! Hope you continue to enjoy RTL!

Author: Babbles4twillow aka Allie
Feedback: Yes, please. I’d really appreciate some on this chapter, now that I’m back. I’m a bit worried about whether I’m actually back, or just here.
Rating: M
Disclaimer: I own very little of this story, I get nothing from it but smiles, no compensation (money-wise). The only things from this story that are completely mine are the idea, the words, and two characters, Sera and Calah.

Special Thanks: To Julie, Lexi, and K. For the support.

Notes: Hope the wait was worth it!

Thoughts in italics!

Chapter 19 - Family

Sera clenched her eyes closed as tight as she could; even her eyelids felt weak. Her whole body was screaming at her, confusing and conflicting messages: ‘You’re cold!’ ‘It’s too hot!’ ‘It hurts!’ ‘It’s numb’. In the state she was in, it was all too much to take. Sera was aware, yet unaware. She had no clue what was going on, or why she was consistently being jolted. She was aware that she was being jolted, quite painfully. She was also extremely aware of the arms that were holding her. These arms were safe. Who the arms belonged to, she didn’t know. If she opened her eyes, she knew pain, yet then again, she seemed to always know pain, a hot iron of pain slicing through her side. She knew beauty, too; all the things she could see around her were stunning in their beauty and color. Sera felt sadness at this knowledge, however. For some reason she was flying by all the beautiful things so fast that she didn’t get a chance to appreciate it. And it made her dizzy, hence the closed eyes.

She heard things yelled out in voices that sounded familiar, but there was only one that she actually listened to. It whispered things to her, yelled out to others. This voice was always so urgent.

“You’re going to be okay. I’m going to get you there,” the voice told her.

“Please. Please,” it begged. Sera didn’t know what the voice was begging for, but she found herself silently praying that the voice got what it wanted.

“We have to go faster! She’s burning up!” The voice yelled out, and other, undistinguishable voices called back.

With those safe arms wrapped tightly around her, and the voice keeping her grounded, she started to fall into a fitful sleep. Then Sera said something, out loud, that she didn’t understand at all.

“Please, don’t let me die,” Sera said, her voice and eyes clear, but her mind muddled as she looked up into the face of the owner of the voice and the arms. She closed her eyes again.

“I won’t,” Charna promised to the dark-haired woman, tightening her grip on the reigns, and her arms around Sera. She started noticing small details around her, trying desperately to focus on something other than Sera: the froth building around the horse’s neck, the calls of the others behind her, Luna running in front of her, the way the wind was blowing through the – the wind!

“Wind, my sister,” she prayed. “Be with us.” The wind picked up around them, cushioned the horses’ legs, and they started moving faster. “Goddess, my heart, be with us.”

Giles stood outside the front of the castle, leaning against the stone. It was cold behind him, giving him focus. Something was stirring in the undercurrents of the group; a quiet uncertainty that was clearly evident to the observant man. It seems that the only ones that hadn’t been affected were his son and Buffy. The quiet girl seemed to have broken out of herself, first during sword practice, then after, moving to speak with Riley often and exuberantly. He smiled as he remembered a thought, from earlier in the day, that Buffy’s babble came in close second to Willow’s.

His theory was that the group had experienced the same phenomenon as he had the other night. Jenny had visited him in his dreams. This wasn’t a new thing; the fact that it wasn’t a warm memory, but a whole new experience in which she talked to him, had let him on that something was going on. Rupert shook his head. Tonight, he was taking a break; he’d had enough of vague warnings and prophecies. Sighing as he released the tension that had built up in his body, he looked around and took in his surroundings.

Everything was so still. No noise from the life of the forest. He cursed himself for not paying attention, narrowing his eyes as he searched through the dark. There. Two figures moving hesitantly towards the front gate. It was too dark from him to see them properly, but he could see that they weren’t approaching with harm in mind.

Giles stood straight, thinking to himself, Has it started already? How many more will come this night? And the next? He ran his hands through his hair, and began walking towards them. As he got closer, he could start to distinguish features. He inhaled deeply when he recognized one of the two, Well. This should be interesting.

Dearest Tara,

I am unsure whether you will ever get this letter, or if I will be alive if you do. That is why I’m writing this, leaving you sleeping alone in our bed. I want you to know how much I’ve come to love you, if I haven’t told you enough. You brought light into my world that had been so filled with darkness. In the time you’ve been here, you’ve taught me so many things: more than I ever knew about love and magic. You keep me grounded, reminding me daily that there is a reason to fight. Before you, I was on the verge of giving up. You make me smile when all I feel that I want is to curl into a ball, or scream at the sky. I don’t even throw lightning anymore, because I know I don’t have to keep it bottled in. I can be alone with you, and I don’t have to be strong; I don’t have to be brave. I like that. I want, no need, you to take care of yourself. If anything ever happens to me, the castle, my money, everything I have, is yours. Take care of my home and family, will you? Until I return? Trust in me that I will return. Trust in the Goddess to let me. There is no way I could be anywhere without you for long.

I didn’t want to tell you this before it happens, you have enough worries. Morgan told me something in my dream. I’m going to die by the hands of Donald. She also told me something else: we need to trust in each other and the Goddess, fully. My life is in your hands. I’m not sure exactly what she means by that, except that you will find a way, through the Goddess, to bring me back.

Don’t cry for me, love. I know that’s a ridiculous request, but I am with you, always. You will find me, and I will find you. Remember my love for you; I won’t be gone for long.

Love Eternally,
Your Willow-Tree

Willow wiped the tears from her face as she sanded and sealed the letter. She placed it inside the desk drawer and then locked it. She looked over at Tara as she stood, walking quickly towards the door. Astron should still be awake and she wanted to seek her out before she lay down. It was important for her to get things in order. No one ever knew when their time came.

The redhead knocked lightly on the door and it was quickly answered. Astron asked, “Willow? Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” Willow said as she looked past Astron and smiled at Faith, who was sitting by the fire. “I actually have something I need you to hold on to.”

“Okay. What’s it for?” Astron asked as she took the key Willow handed her.

“It goes to the desk in my room. I need you to give it to Tara.”

“Why can’t you give it to her? You leaving, Red?” Faith asked as she quickly stood.

“Not at the moment,” Willow replied, shaking her head. “You’ll know when the time is right.” Her eyes pleaded with Astron’s, then she saw something she didn’t expect; there was knowledge in both their eyes. “You know.”

They both nodded, sadly. “We weren’t sure if we should say anything.”

“Please, don’t say anything to Tara. There’s a letter in the drawer for her… for after.”

“I understand,” Astron started, but stopped when Riley came jogging around the corner.

“We need everyone outside. Someone’s here,” He told them.

“I’ll go get-”

“No need,” Tara called from the stairs as she hurried down them, stopping Willow. “I felt a presence and it woke me.” She looked at Willow, noticing the small signs that she had been crying, and made a mental note to talk to her about it later.

The group rushed outside behind Tara and Willow; Buffy was waiting at the door. Willow could see Giles’ back was to them, and his hands were clenched at his sides. She could fully see a woman: slight of body, but full of personality, and at least a few months pregnant. Willow couldn’t see who she was standing next to, as Giles was blocking the view, but she could tell that it was a man.

Tara reached for her hand as they came to a stop, and she squeezed it lightly, sensing nervousness in the touch. Worried, she looked over at her lover. Tara’s eyes were closed and she was taking deep breaths. What has her like this? She hasn’t acted like this since-

Willow suddenly stood on her tiptoes, leaning slightly as to see past Giles. The man was not someone who she remembered, but he looked familiar. Everything about him was nondescript: short man, short red hair. Not a face she would have remembered. That’s when she did a double-take. Looking back at Tara, she realized why the man looked so familiar; his face shared features with her lover. Tara’s brother. She could feel her anger building, but she forced it back.

“Giles, move,” Willow said quietly. He looked back at her, unsure, but as soon as he saw her face, he moved. “What do you want?”

“To see my sister,” Junior replied, just as quiet, but with much less authority as Willow.

“Why?” Tara asked, pain lacing her voice. “I’m not going back, Junior. I’m done.”

“It’s Donny. I want no part of what he tried to make me. I left, Tare. The same night you did. I had been planning it for a long time but I didn’t know when the time would be right. I tried to take care of you. I know I didn’t show it, but I was the only thing keeping him from killing you. I had to act the way I did, so as he wouldn’t suspect. But I had to leave Tara. My wife, she needed me.”

“Wife?” Tara asked. Now she was confused.

“We married a few months ago, in secret. Tara, this is Cassandra.” He gestured to the pregnant woman, and Tara nodded a hello, still unable to speak. Emotions were rushing through her: anger, confusion, fear. Donny started speaking again, “I came because I want to help, if you’ll let me. Father has to be stopped, if not just for you, than also for myself, my wife and my child.”

“He won’t come after you,” Tara whispered. Was that what he was worried about? That her Father would win if he didn’t help, and then come after him?

“Tara, its time you knew something about me that I could never share with you,” Donny replied, holding out a hand. He closed his eyes tight when she shrank from him. He opened them as Willow wrapped her arms protectively around his sister. That made him happy. His sister had found someone, someone who cared and would protect and love her. She didn’t know it, but that’s what he had always wanted for her. “I’m not going to touch you, Tara. Just watch.”

She watched warily as he turned his hand palm-down. Suddenly, she could feel a chill, and a building of energy. Tara watched in wonder as a stream of icy air fell from his hand to the ground, freezing the ground beneath instantly. “Y-y-you…”

“I have magic, Tare. I always have. All this time, I’ve been hiding who I am from you, to protect you. I wish I could have let you know that you have a friend, but I had to keep you convinced, so that he wouldn’t see. I’m sorry, sis.” Donny looked down at his shoes, and his wife placed her hand on his shoulder.

“It’s alright, Donny,” Tara said, her voice clear and her stance now strong. “We won’t let him take from us anymore. He took so many years from us. We have to make up for it.”

He looked up at his sister in surprise. She had never spoken like that before, and he was ecstatic to see that his sister had grown so much since they had parted ways. He started to move towards her as she took steps toward him. Donny had never hugged his sister before. Just before they met, all hell broke loose.

A group of riders raced into the courtyard, yelling for help. The castle’s inhabitants barely had time to take in that they had more visitors before the riders were off their horses and rushing to them. A woman stepped forward, a smaller woman in her arms, her eyes full of panic.

“Is she dead?” She said quietly, searching all of their faces for one that would help. She then stepped to Tara. “Can you heal her? Please?”

Tara reached down and placed her fingertips against the woman’s throat, then looked up to the panicked black-haired woman. “I-I…”

Willow, sensing her lover’s hesitance, spoke up, “We can try.” She furrowed her brow when Tara shook her head. “What’s wrong?”

“S-she doesn’t h-have a pulse,” Tara whispered.

The dark haired woman let out a howl and crouched to the ground. Willow watched, her heart wrenching, and whispered, “Goddess help us all.”

TBC!!
Thanks for reading!

Kitten love!
~Allie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 am 
5. Willowhand

DIBS

I know not much feedback, but you know why I didn't bestie so sorry :( I be a bad kitten in this post

Last edited by AstronSoul on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 5/12/2012)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:23 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Allie! :bigwave

Wow, you galloped this story right into my heart and I’m still breathless!

Quote:
“Please, don’t let me die,” Sera said, her voice and eyes clear, but her mind muddled as she looked up into the face of the owner of the voice and the arms. She closed her eyes again.

“I won’t,” Charna promised to the dark-haired woman, tightening her grip on the reigns, and her arms around Sera. She started noticing small details around her, trying desperately to focus on something other than Sera: the froth building around the horse’s neck, the calls of the others behind her, Luna running in front of her, the way the wind was blowing through the – the wind!

“Wind, my sister,” she prayed. “Be with us.” The wind picked up around them, cushioned the horses’ legs, and they started moving faster. “Goddess, my heart, be with us.”
Powerful and touching and beautiful! Then the ending of the chapter, O brutal Queen of the Cliff-hanger-y badness! How may I propitiate you that you will send us more? :pray :pray :pray

Willow’s note . . . drum beats. The terse talk. Giles on the ramparts, okay maybe it isn’t exactly but it FEELS like it to me . . . Buffy, joyful again as she possibly prepares to die. . . then Donny – what an amazing wild wonderful ride this is!

You had the courage to take time . . . to find the beating heart of your story and you have given it back to yourself and to us as well.

Thank you! :bow :bow :bow

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay, you're back, and with a bang! Lovely beginning with Sera's point of view, not aware enough to know that she's in Charna's arms, but feeling loved and secure on the subconscious level. Heartwrenching ending, please let it not be to late for some CPR (and they could use Willow as a human defibrilator - which sounds ridiculous, sorry). Willow's letter brought tears in my eyes, but the content shows she really trusts Tara with her life like Morgan requested, no "see you in heaven" but "I'll be back!".

Donny being kind of a "witchy double agent" all this time, definitely a big surprise for me! Is Cassandra his wife a witch too? The name would fit...

I hope we won't have to wait a month for the next update, I'm surely eagerly waiting for more. Have I told you already how much I love the poetic writing style of yours?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Allie, great update. I can really see your true writer's voice coming through in this post. The richness in detail and completion of thoughts and emotions are on point.

Willow's letter to Tara was really touching in a fic way, but kinda creepy in a real world funny way, too. Like, don't move on too quickly after I die 'cuz I'll be haunting your ass. Sorry, I know, morbid. I couldn't help but laugh a little and tease my wife, warning her to never say anything like that to me.

--Had to laugh at Will redemptions human defibrilator idea. I totally get where she's going with that and actually it's a pretty good idea. But still, the wording, lol. Gotta love it.

Donny living his life in secret all this time. Wow! What a great twist. I always love being surprised by a story and this definitely was one. Thank you for that and keep 'em coming.

Great job. Looking forward to more!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:35 pm 

Hey Allie!

So glad to see you back in top form! I really enjoyed this chapter, even if it was slightly depressing and foreboding. Willow's letter broke my heart and the tension you're creating here is just...ridiculous!

So Sera is really dead? Ugh, depressing. I was so hoping that she had a chance. Maybe? Pretty please? Well anyway, it is the beginnings of a battle and in battle, people die. It's inevitable.

Nice twist with Donny, I'm seriously hoping it's true and Donny isn't just faking and spying for his old man.

Please update soon!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:07 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
What a good update. This one has so much reveal and so much forward movement. Poor Sera and then for Donnie to show up is just sort of lovely. I hope they can take him in and he can help and redeem himself.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 am 
8. Vixen

The opening is very visual with the desperate ride of the witches to Willow's castle and Sera's whole state of mind as the infection takes a hold.

Willow's letter to Tara is so beautiful, seeing how much Tara has helped Willow to move on from Morgan and to find real love again. It's also very ominous with the warning that Willow is, supposedly, going to die at the hands of Donald Maclay. Here's hoping that that doesn't happen or if it does then it's in a similar style to Buffy season 1 where Buffy died for a minute before Xander resucitated her.

Some interesting stuff with Donny,not just with him being a good guy who cares about Tara, but also that he's married and has magical abilities. Certainly it would make him a real ally with his magic because his father would consider him as much a witch as Willow or Tara.

I agree with Ariel, this has been a heck of a ride of a chapter with a lot going on in a few paragraphs. Can't wait to see what happens next.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:58 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I decided two months without an update of this wonderful gem of a story are enough, so I came here to practically beg you not to leave us all hanging anymore, please, PLEASE show us how they save Sera soon! :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey guys, I know it's been a while for Babbles, but she is working on an update just be patient, things in RL are changing (for the better) for her, so just a lil more time ^^

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the lovely feedback. I actually was going to write personal responses, but all my responses were basically the same! Here's the jist - your feedback gives me warm fuzzies and I love hearing from you all. I'm sorry that this post took so long. I've been so caught up with more hours at work, and RL craziness. I think you all will be happy to hear that not only did I meet someone, I'm with this wonderful lady that brings me a lot of joy, and is showing me things about love and relationships that I never knew. If you want someone to thank for this chapter, don't thank me. Thank her. She pushed me to get back on my computer and do what I love. So yeah. Without further ado, here's the update. Thanks again everyone! ON TO THE NEXT!!

Author: Babbles4twillow

Rating: Lets just stick to NC-17, for safety.

More Thanks: To my amazing girlfriend, Charity.

Notes: Been too long guys! I can't promise more frequent updates, as I can't promise that my life will slow down anytime soon. But I will try!

Thoughts/cat speak in italics

Chapter 20 – Breathing

“Goddess help us all.”

It seemed like the howling would never stop; the rising wind did not help at all. Where did the wind come from? Willow’s hair whipped around her face as she watched the dark haired woman cradle the other in her arms. Vibrant strands of red streaming in front of her face like whips made of blood. When did my braid come undone? Her heart was beating fast in her chest, her mind was running, but she couldn’t think. Need to think. Need to think. Not enough time. The howling, the crying, the noise of the unceasing wind was too much. Every time she thought she was getting a grasp on the situation, (what situation?) something else completely random and unrelated would pop into her mind. How was she supposed to think with all the noise?

Is there enough beds for everyone?

Did Tara feed Jack today?

I wonder why her hair is cut short like that. Is it hot where she comes from?

There’s not going to be enough food for everyone. Buffy didn’t make enough. I should go make more.

As she turned, her mind completely a mess, forgetting that there was a stranger screaming right in front of her, Tara reached for her. As if from magic, everything was calm. Tara’s hand slipped into hers, her hand firm yet soft. Willow looked up into those calming depths of blue, and everything was okay.

We’re going to be just fine.

“I need quiet,” Willow stated. Normally, a statement like that would have gone unheard, completely ignored, but there was a tone in Willow’s voice that brooked no argument; she was in charge and everyone was to follow her orders. Now. The howling stopped, and Charna looked up at her like a lifeline. “Lay her on her back, sit at her head.” Charna did as she said, then waited, cradling Sera’s head in her lap. “Tara, Astron, I need you here.”

The three gathered around Sera, holding their hands, one over the other, directly above Sera’s abdomen. They each took a deep breath, focusing their powers on healing. Faith watched on as each piece of dying red flesh took on new life and stitched back together, but she knew. Its not going to be enough. With that thought, she let her bones begin to shift.

He knew it wasn’t going to be easy. He knew deep down, that even with all the people behind him, he was going to fail. Lives were going to be lost and magic would live on. Donald Maclay wasn’t a man who gave up. Besides, it wasn’t about stopping the magic, not like he told everyone. It was a lie that he used because he knew that people were scared. People scared easily, and he was a man that knew how to use that to his advantage. He just wanted to hurt his daughter. No one leaves him, not without his permission, not unless he makes them.

He looked around his temporary camp and noted the more disturbing men he had among him. Those were his greatest allies in this battle, the ones who would do his dirty work. Donald needed the men that didn’t mind slitting a woman’s throat for their own benefit, the ones that weren’t here to stop magic, but just to enjoy bloodshed.

“Attention, everyone!” He called out as stepped further into the camp. “Everyone spread the word. I’m gathering a small group to ride ahead with me. The others will follow at dawn. Get some rest, you’ll need it!”

The camp called back in a roar, and Donald felt the fire of battle running through his veins. It wasn’t enough, but they would do some damage before the end was through.

Donny watched as his sister worked with the redhead and the other woman. He saw a lot more confidence in his sister than there ever was before. She held her head with such grace, and all her movements were purposeful. This was a woman, and not just his little sister anymore. It made him so proud to see her this way.

After what felt like years had passed, Tara and the others leaned away from the injured woman. Her complexion seemed healthy, yet she was so still. Her chest did not rise with breath, and not a limb moved or twitched; it was the stillness of death. Donny watched as the redhead leaned forward and tried to pump the heart into beating. Her movements turned into a panic before suddenly stilling as she looked up and away, towards the creature now walking gracefully toward her. A large white tiger. All eyes moved to this large cat, people moved away from the body as she neared it.

His wife let out a gasp from beside him, “Bán amháin.” Cassandra breathed the words out in amazement. Donny looked over at her as she watched with wide eyes. Turning his attention back to the tiger, he saw why.

Stand back, Pura said. Her voice interrupted Willow’s panicked pumping and she pulled her hands away from Sera’s chest.

Willow looked up into deep brown eyes, the tiger’s face staring back at her. She knew somewhere inside herself that this was Pura’s only to do. Willow felt the others stand with her, although she did not look away from the tiger, who now looked more regal than ever. Pura’s eyes showed a deep knowledge and wisdom that they never had before.

The graceful cat padded over to stand just above Sera, her head bowing to bring them both face to face. Charna let out a gasp from somewhere behind her as Pura’s jaw started to open. Inch by inch, her jaw widened, as if she was going to bite off Sera’s head. Yet, it did not happen. The great snout lowered to fully encompass Sera’s mouth and nose. Her eyelids closed as she breathed in deep; for a moment, the darks of her fur grew blacker and the white shone brighter. The two were lifted into the air, slowly and lightly as Pura gently exhaled. The cat’s breath came from her in wisps of blue, shining with a magic and force that twinkled and danced with light. Gently, ever so gently, they returned to the ground, and Pura stepped back as Sera’s chest started to rise and fall. The only movement Sera made was the rise and fall of her chest, steady and suspenseful. Breath was held by everyone as they waited for her eyes to open. Nothing. Rise and fall. Nothing. Rise and fall. Rise and fall. Nothing.

Once Pura was a good distance away from Sera’s head, she planted her paws and stood still, her fur glowing in the moonlight, her eyes bright with life and laughter. She tossed back her great head and let out a roar. Everyone heard the echo in their head, AWAKEN!

Suddenly, the quiet was broken. The small coven of witches were running towards a laughing Sera, Charna clutching her to her chest. Tara was spinning a joyful Willow. Donny was holding his crying wife to his chest. Giles, Buffy, and Riley were going on about amazing magic and legends. Astron had run to Pura, and was murmuring softly to the tired cat as she pet her. She was tired, too tired to finish her change back to human after what she had done. Too tired even to tell her loved one of the sacrifice she had just made.

Astron saw her love’s eyes close, she saw the slump of shoulders as she blacked out. She didn’t fully know what had just happened, but she knew by the look the tiger had given her, that it was something deeply personal. So she held her, held her and pet her as she slipped into blackness and trusted that Faith would find her way back to her.

With the soft fur beneath her fingers, she watched everyone celebrate. Her eyes were on Willow and Tara, the happiness surrounding them, feeling her heart ache as she thought of what was to come. If she could protect them, she would, yet she knew that this was their battle to fight, and everyone else was just there to help. With her eyes on the couple, she almost didn’t notice Donny and Cassandra break away form the group to head towards her and Pura.

“Hello,” she greeted them awkwardly. She didn’t know them, and she wasn’t sure yet where they were going to fit in.

“Greetings,” Cassandra responded. She placed a gentle hand on her belly as she began to speak. “Your shape shifter, has she told you the story of the curse?”

“I’ve heard bits and pieces about it. Not the full story. How did you know?”

“Hundreds of years ago, one of the ancestors of my coven placed a curse on the Inucabi tribe. Our coven felt betrayed by the selfishness of the shifters. That is a story I do not know, this curse prevented them from shifting until finding their true love, and made it more painful to shift afterward. There has been a spell, passed down from generation to generation, and a story behind it. When a bán amháin performs a selfless act to save another, then the curse will be broken. I have the spell to lift it.”

“Bán amháin?” Astron asked. Hope was springing in her chest, but she didn’t want to hold on to it.

“It means white one. A bán amháin is a shape shifter who takes the form of a white tiger. They are known to be great leaders of the Inucabi, being wise and showing them the way. As far as I am aware, your shifter is the first bán amháin in centuries. To me, it means that the tribe has changed and is ready for the curse to be lifted. Your shifter-“

“Pura,” Astron interrupted. “Faith in human form.”

Cassandra gave her a small nod. “Pura proved this by performing the ‘anáil isteach i saol’. It means breath into life. She literally gave that woman some of her life force. Within her soul, now beats a tigers heart.”

Astron looked down at her love with pride. Pura had risked her life to save a stranger, and in turn, had saved herself and her entire tribe. “So you can lift it?”

“Yes. I have memorized the spell. Just a few simple words and its done.” She stepped away from her husband and towards the tiger. She placed her hand on the triangle of Pura’s forehead and spoke softly. “Pain be removed from your magic, and from your line. This soul has acted with pure selflessness. May your tribe be at peace. Goddess’ will be done!” She stepped away with a smile on her face.

“That easy, huh?” Astron said.

“That easy,” Faith said from the ground. “Thank you,” she said to Cassandra.

“You’re very welcome, amháin íon.”

“Pure one? Isn’t that meant for the great wise leaders?” Faith asked, confused. She thought back and realized that her tribe had not had an amháin íon in a very long time.

“It is,” Cassandra answered with a bigger smile as she grasped her husband’s hand and returned to the group.

“Amháin íon,” Astron whispered to herself, for her love was surely a pure one, who would lead her tribe into greatness.

“Willow?” Tara asked sleepily from the chest of her lover.

“Hmm?”

“Why were you crying earlier? When I came down the stairs, your eyes were red.”

“I had some business that made me sad, my love,” Willow answered seriously. Tara sat up to look at her, and both of their eyes had knowledge in them. “I don’t wish to speak of it, only to enjoy having you in my arms.”

“You have me,” Tara replied as she lay back down and Willow circled her with her arms. “There’s a lot to come.”

“There is. We have each other, and we will get through it. If something happens, there is something for you, Astron will give you the details.”

“No more talk, darling,” Tara said as she turned to Willow. She looked into her deep green eyes and all her worries were lost. The new group, Donny and Cassandra, everyone was forgotten as she stared into those eyes and felt her lover’s skin being discovered beneath her fingers; then her lips and mouth. They rediscovered each other well into the night, and their hands and bodies made promises, and their souls sang of love.

But they both still had the nagging thought of what was to come, every time they broke apart, they wondered if it was the last time; so they made love as if it was the last time. Lips, hands, and mouths, only gave love, exploring and discovering new places to give the other pleasure. When they finally collapsed into the bed, the rising sun shone through their window upon the two women grasping each other so tightly, even in sleep.

TBC!!
Hope you all enjoyed and that you stick around for further installments of RtL! Kitten Love!! =^.^=

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next