The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 9/17/2013)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:51 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Summary ~ Tara Maclay escapes her abusive family and finds herself wounded at Rosenburg Castle, home to Willow, who has never known anything but loneliness. AU

Distribution ~ I really don't care just as long as it gets read. Just ask first.

Disclaimer ~ The characters are not mine and belong to their respective owners. I just play with them. The story, however, is mine.

Feedback ~ Please! How else will I improve?

Thanks ~ To my kitten chat buddies. And to my wonderful beta and Bestie, Astron

Thoughts and flashbacks in Italics.

Chapter 1 - Unexpected Guest

The blonde rode through the storm on horseback, clutching the mane of her horse tightly, trying to guard herself from the pelting rain by leaning as far forward as she could.

I’m going to die, she thought wearily.

As if the horse could hear her thoughts, he bolted forward, determined to get his rider to safety. The trees and landscape around them blurred. The woman pulled her cloak tighter around herself, shivering with the wet and cold. She could feel sickness and fever settling in, could feel the cold down in her bones.

Better than before, I suppose. What irony that I would get away just to die during my escape.

She tightened her grasp on her horse’s mane, “We’ll get there, Jack. I don’t know where, but we’ll get there.”

Jack whinnied in reply and sniffed the air. The air smelled like rain and pine, and that strange smell that came with lightning, but under all that was a new smell. Jack spurred towards that new smell, all too aware that the woman on his back was slumping in the saddle, that her grip had loosened. Her body was shaking miserably. As the new smell began to get stronger, the horse pushed past his limits, foam building around his bit.

They rode into a castle’s courtyard, both horse and rider ready to collapse. The woman could feel the wounds on her back opening, blood trickling down her back. Her vision started to go blurry, as if she was seeing through a thick fog, tinged at the edges with blackness.

There was a loud crack from above them, and they looked up to see a woman on the ramparts, seemingly throwing lightning into the night sky. That was the last thing the blonde saw before giving into the pain and falling off her horse and into the dark.

She moaned softly when she felt a stinging pain in her back. Someone was cleaning her wounds, but she was too out of it to care. Her brain was working in two different ways; one part, one small tiny part, stayed logical.

You’re fevered, it said calmly; You’re going to die, it told her.

The rest if her mind was lost to reality; she saw flashes of nightmare creatures, and flashes of the men who created her nightmares. The blonde could hear them in her head, yelling at her. Suddenly, it was as if she was there again:

“Tara, you know we do not want to do this. You brought this on yourself,” her brother told her as he tied her wrists to the post. “Father told you what would happen if you did not change.”

“Please,” she begged, not knowing if she was begging them to stop or begging them to kill her. Her brother finished with the ropes and turned away from her, no sympathy in his eyes.

“I’ll beat the witch out of you,” said her father’s voice from behind her. Her blouse was torn from her back.; hearing a loud snap and pain flared in her back as her skin was broken by the leather of the whip in her father‘s hand. The leather came down again and again, but Tara refused to call out. She could feel the skin flayed open, the blood now dripping down her legs. Her lip was bleeding where her teeth had dug into the soft flesh, the coppery taste in her mouth bringing her gorge up. Her knees began to weaken, her whole body shook from the strain; closing her eyes tight, she welcomed what she thought was surely death.

Tara jolted awake, trying to move, pain shooting through her body from her leg and back.

“Don’t move,” said a voice from nearby. She tried looking around to see where it was coming from, but her body was too stiff. She was on her stomach on what seemed to be a cot, trying to bring her arms up to lift herself slowly but was stopped by a gentle hand on her arm. “I said don’t move. Your leg is broken, and the wounds on your back are extensive. If you move, you’ll tear them open.”

“Where am I?” Tara asked weakly, “How long?”

“Rosenburg Castle,” came the reply. “You have been here four days. Today is the first day that your fever has broken.” Tara’s eyes opened wide in surprise, the castle was rumored to be owned by a dark witch. The rumors stated that the witch was a monster and a murderer. Tara knew all too well how the townsmen could twist stories about things that scared them.

Tara tried to talk through her dry mouth, “Who are you?”

“My name is Willow. Here, chew on this. You can’t have actual water just yet.” A pale hand holding a wet rag appeared in front of her eyes. She moved one of her arms slowly, her eyes never leaving the hand. It seemed fragile yet so strong. Tara took the rag and slipped a corner into her mouth, relieving the dryness.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.. I would like to perform some healing on your back, so that you can at least roll over. I can’t do much for your leg, however. I did set and splint it. I wanted your permission first, before using my magicks on you.”

Tara nodded her assent; there was a soft rustling and then gentle hands moving over her back. She felt the warmth and strength of Willow’s power and smiled; this witch was not dark. There was a sadness that surrounded her and mingled with her power, but no evil. Tara felt the witch weakening and sent her own power out slowly, not wanting to scare or offend this woman.

Willow gasped as she felt the blonde’s power meld with her own, fighting the urge to deny it and run. No one’s power had melded with hers so perfectly. The last woman who had even gotten close was now buried under the rowan tree. Willow continued her healing and spoke softly, “Who are you?”

“Tara.”

“How long have you been practicing?” Willow asked, noting that the wounds on Tara’s back would leave scars, adding to the myriad of stripes that already marred the soft skin. She pulled her hands back as they balled into fists; her anger would not help Tara.

“Since I was young,” Tara answered. She felt anger pulse through Willow and pulled her power back with a snap. “I’m sorry.” She had no idea that the anger was directed for her not at her. It was not something she had ever experienced.

“Who did this to you?” Willow asked, her anger echoing although she had spoken in almost a whisper.

“My father,” Tara admitted, wishing she could hide.

Willow pushed her anger to the back of her mind, “Turn over. I won’t look. Pull the blanket up around you and tell me when you’re covered. Be careful of your leg.”

Tara blushed, barely realizing that she was nude, but did as she was told. As she pulled the blanket up she saw the splint around her leg and looked over at Willow. The woman’s body was small and frail, yet she had a certain strength emanating from her. Her long red hair flowed beautifully down her slim back. Somehow, Tara knew that when Willow turned, she would have bright green eyes.

“I’m covered,” Tara said. Willow turned around; Tara gave a slight smile, seeing that she was partially right. Willow’s eyes were a captivating green, but they were not bright as she’d imagined. They were darkened by sadness and tinged with fear. What did this woman have to be afraid of, Tara thought. Just as she had thought the question, a realization came to her. Me.

“You can leave as soon as you’re able,” Willow said. And then she muttered to herself, “No one ever stays.”

Tara was sure that she wasn’t meant to hear the comment but she did all the same; it sent an ache into her heart that she didn’t understand. Willow seemed so lonely.

“Thank you,” Tara said.

“It’s not a problem, Tara. I’ve been keeping your horse in the stable. He seems well. I’ll be coming in regularly to keep the fire going. Get some rest.” Willow glanced around the room nervously before turning abruptly, leaving the room quickly.

Tara sighed to herself, “I have no where else to be. To go. I have no home.”

The pain in her body combined with the exhaustion of using her magicks soon became too much. Her eyes became heavy and Tara drifted off to sleep, visions of sad green eyes haunting her dreams.

Last edited by Babbles4Twillow on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
DIBS!!! <= Bold AND colorful, just so no one misses it! :bounce :dumbo :bounce

I like the ride through the rain, the rescue, but more than that I like Willow's loneliness and her strength - both dominant parts of her character. It's interesting to have them meet this way and I like the old power of a kind of fairy-tale setting. :flower

Yep, I'm totally pulled in. :clap :applause :clap

Keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana YAY! It's posted!!!! :eatme :eatme :eatme :eatme :eatme

Like I said last night, and will keep saying...Great job!!!

Ariel is right, it's nice to see some Fairy tale to fantasy/middle age stories. I know that is my favorite Era.

Can't wait for more!!

:kdevil :kgeek
Astron

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I really hate the Maclay men. At least Tara got away from them. Willow seems so sad and lonely. I can't wait to read the backstory of how the woman from her past met her end. Fantasy stories are very cool...looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great start. I am sad to see Willow so lonely and Tara so alone. Hopefully, that situation will be rectified soon. Even in her weakened condition Tara shows her inner strength by the mere fact she had the courage to escape her family.

Can't wait until your next update.

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:43 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Really great start Fantasy Fics are always fun I'm really glad Tara escaped her family they could be in a world of hurt if they make another appearance.

“You can leave as soon as you’re able,” Willow said. And then she muttered to herself, “No one ever stays.” Captures really well Willows feeling actually reminds me a bit of beauty and Beast Willow in a castle fearful of outsiders and Tara running away from in this case her family.

One thing I wonder was Willow casting the lightning to scare Tara away or to scare away any pursuer's.

I look forward to more because this is a really great start.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:bounce
Exiting start. I really love fantasy stories so I look forward to this one.
We are still in the dark about Tara's and mostly misterious Willow's background.
Promising plot
Update as soon as you can, please.
I will be waiting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Babbles,
As you say in your details "Feedback ~ Please! How else will I improve?" No notes to improvement, just a desperate plea to keep on writing. I'm all about the fantasy genre fics too and I'm glad to have found one just starting (personally I am less likely to leave feedback if I come in in the middle of a fic).

Keep up the good work. I look forward to an update.

-Delayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:37 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hey there! :bigwave

Great start! I follow you're work on *coughs* another site and I really enjoy your style of writing. So, I am excited to see you writing here and I'm looking forward to more.

The Maclay men well, what can I say, except that's one group of men that I wish Willow would hit with some lightning. It kinda reminded me of Edward Sissorhands with the castle, one lone occupant, etc. With Tara laid up (no pun intended, lol) it should give them lot's of quality time together to get to know one another:)

Please update soon!!! :peace

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

First, I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful feedback. If I didn't get feedback, this story probably would have died off. :grin I appreciate all of it!

Ariel - Congrats on the big bold colorful dibs!!
Quote:
more than that I like Willow's loneliness and her strength - both dominant parts of her character. It's interesting to have them meet this way and I like the old power of a kind of fairy-tale setting

I'm glad that you see the way I have Willow so well. And fairy tale settings are my favorite.

AstronSoul - You are the SHIZ, you know that?! That Era is one of my favorites to write in/about. I also like making my own little universe where time does not matter and it always stays that way!

SMGOVAN - I hate the Maclay men too, and I think in writing this, I hate them a lot more than I used to. Hopefully you will enjoy this next chapter, as it sheds some light on the situation.

True_Love - I believe that there is a reason and destiny to the way these two have met.

Mgraham93 - Lovely feedback. I think you just might be right about the Maclay men, world of hurt and all that. Its is a bit like Beauty and the Beast isn't it? Except Tara is not a prisoner.
Quote:
One thing I wonder was Willow casting the lightning to scare Tara away or to scare away any pursuer's.

We shall see.....Sorry. I had to do the cryptic writer's response at least once.

viximon - The upcoming chapter helps with that, gives a bit of Background. I update as much as possible, I work nights and the kittens keep me pretty distracted.

dtburanek - Delayne, how lovely of you to leave me feedback. I'm the same way. I tend not to leave anything if I don't start with the story.

Finey_McFine - I started giggling like a school girl when I saw your feedback.

Quote:
I follow you're work on *coughs* another site and I really enjoy your style of writing.

Thank you so much.

Quote:
The Maclay men well, what can I say, except that's one group of men that I wish Willow would hit with some lightning

I feel exactly the same. Which is why I enjoy fan fiction so much, we can do whatever the hell we want with them.

AND ON TO THE NEXT - thank you all again!!!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

Post subject: Ride the Lightning Ch. 2
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Summary ~ Tara Maclay escapes her abusive family and finds herself wounded at Rosenburg Castle, home to Willow, who has never known anything but loneliness. AU

Distribution ~ I really don't care just as long as it gets read. Just ask first.

Disclaimer ~ The characters are not mine and belong to their respective owners. I just play with them. The story, however, is mine.

Feedback ~ I appreciate anything

Thanks for always being there for me ladies, helping me to forgive, forget and move on...

I hope you enjoy!!!

Thoughts and flashbacks in Italics.

Chapter 2 - Revelations and Nightmares

Tara woke to the soft sounds of a woman moving around the room. It surprised her to find that it was not Willow. There was a petite blonde cleaning the room with a purposeful step, picking up the rags and other things that Willow had used when treating her wounds. Before Tara voiced a question, it was answered. The sounds of thunder and lightning echoed from outside. Willow was on the ramparts again, which was why she was not the one with her.

“Does she do this often?” Tara asked. The small woman jumped in surprise and Tara gasped when she spun towards her. This woman was beautiful, but her beauty was tainted by the large ugly scar running down the whole right side of her face. “I did not mean to startle you.”

The woman gave a slight nod and then answered the question, her voice dripping with sarcasm, “Only when it rains.”

“Often, then,” Tara said, struggling to sit up. The petite woman rushed over and helped her. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Let me get you some water.” She started to walk from the room but stopped with a thoughtful glance back at Tara. “And perhaps some clothing?” Tara nodded thankfully and she left.

She came back a few minutes later, clothes bundled in one arm and a glass of water in the other hand. “I’m Buffy, by the way.”

“Buffy,” Tara said, after drinking some water, “Why does she do that?”

Buffy helped her into her clothes, glancing towards the door as she did so. “It’s not really my place.”

“Somehow I have a feeling it doesn’t matter what you think is your place,” Tara laughed. Buffy laughed with her.

Shifting uncomfortably, Buffy said, “I think its to let out her pain. She lost someone very special a few years ago. Her mentor. Her lover.”

“How did it happen?” Tara asked quietly.

"Morgan!" Willow called out, her heart ripping the name from her chest as she tossed her pain into the sky. The lightning lit up the night, showing Willow's pale, tear-streaked face as she sobbed and fell to her knees, memories flooding her. "I promised you, baby. I promised."

She felt the wind, like her lover's touch, running through her hair. "I know," she sighed. "I know that you won't hold me to that promise." She stood, speaking to the wind. "I can't let her in, baby. I just can't. Everyone who I love ends up hurt. You're gone. My family is gone. One of my dearest friends is gone, and the other is scarred for life."

Willow choked on her grief and threw more lightning into the sky. Where the loud crack of the lightning was usually soothing, tonight it seemed to only heighten her pain and brought more tears to her eyes. She stared out into the night, seeing the pale stone out of the corner of her eye. Willow refused to look at it when she was like this. Morgan would not have approved of the way she held on to her grief, yet Willow had to admit she felt as if her sorrow was all she had left.

"What happened?" Tara asked.

"There was a mob of villagers. They stormed the castle and killed all of us except Willow and myself. I got this scar that night, trying to protect my sister. They all were slaughtered. The servants, my family, Willow‘s family. Morgan. Somehow we lived."

"H-how l-long ago?" Tara feared the answer.

“Three years ago now,” Buffy said and saw the grief that crossed the woman’s face. “What is it?”

“Who led them? Who led the villagers?” Tara answered the question with her own, although she felt that she already knew the answer. Her father’s bragging words were echoing in her ears.

“Donald Maclay. That man is evil, and determined to eradicate magic from the Earth through violence. He is also the one who murdered Morgan.”

“No……”

Willow felt pain and shock come through the magical bond that she had yet to break with Tara. She didn’t know why she held on to it, but it had felt so comforting to feel someone else’s magic again. Tara’s essence was so pure. Willow wiped her face as she rushed towards th room where Tara was, thinking something had happened. However, she slowed as she heard her best friend’s voice coming from inside the room.

“What is it?” Willow heard Buffy ask.

“S-she isn’t going to w-want me h-here. I need to l-leave,” came Tara’s voice, full of fear and sadness.

“Lay back down. Why do you think that?” Buffy asked.

“M-my f-father……”

“I don’t understand,” Buffy said, confused.

“My father is Donald Maclay,” Tara admitted.

Willow felt a scream break from her throat as she stood just outside the door. How can this be? This wounded woman was the daughter of that monster? The monster who had murdered her Morgan, her love? Willow stepped into the room, a cold calmness flowing through her.

“Did he send you?” Willow asked, her voce cold. Her fists were clenched tight. She didn’t even notice the sparks coming from them. “Did he send you to finish me off? Killing everyone I love wasn’t good enough? Haven’t we suffered enough?”

“Goddess, no,” Tara said. “I s-swear, Willow.”

“What? Trying to pretend to be wounded so you could get in? When you joined our magic…was that just a test? Testing how strong my magic is? Do you think you can take me? I have nothing to lose, Tara.” Willow’s eyes and hair started to change, turning jet black. Buffy stepped forward and placed her hand softly on her best friend’s shoulder.

“I..I did not know. I had nothing to do with it. With him.” Tara tried to get up and gasped with the pain that shot through her leg.

“She has been hurt by him as much as you, Willow,” Buffy whispered to her before leaving the room.

Willow softened, realizing the truth in Tara’s words. Tara was just another woman unfortunate enough to have had an experience with Donald Maclay. Except Tara didn’t just have one experience; Tara had lived with her father for her entire life. Willow felt her resolve settle inside her and she stood straighter.

“Stay,” Willow said, surprising Tara who was struggling to stand. Willow’s eyes and hair were back to normal. “He will hurt you no more. I promise. I could not protect Morgan, but by the Powers, I swear I will protect you!”

Tara was surprised by the vehemence in the red-head’s voice. “I don’t understand. How can you want me here, after what he did?”

“You are not your father, Tara. Let us not think about this tonight. Lay back down. Get some rest. Are you in pain?”

Tara nodded as she stretched back out. Willow gave her a soft smile and waved a hand gently over Tara’s eyes down her body and to her leg, staying about a foot above her actual flesh. The blonde felt a soothing power settle inside her and smiled as she gave in to the dark.

Tara could feel the rough scrapes of the bushes and trees as she ran; it was as if they were reaching out to hold her back. Tara could hear the sound of her father barreling through the woods behind her. She turned her head sharply to the left, where her mother was running next to her. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she saw the fear in her mother’s eyes. For her mother to be afraid… her strong-willed powerful mother, that meant that this was serious.

Tara could hear her father getting closer, laughing as he caught up to them. Tara’s mother stumbled and fell. She looked up at her daughter, “We cannot outrun him, auri. Hide.”

Tara stood frozen, looking at her mother. She knew if she left this would be the last time she would see her mother’s beautiful face. Tara started towards her mother, determined to help her up, but stopped when she heard the desperate plea.

“Tara, hide, please. NOW!” Elizabeth Maclay looked upon her daughters face as she turned and ran.

Tara stopped running, knowing that she didn’t want to see what would happen, yet also knowing that she had to. This was the moment when twelve year old Tara grew up. She watched through the brush as her father caught up to her mother.

“Elizabeth,” he said, as she stood slowly. “It is not lady-like to run from your husband. You must come when I call, witch.” He spat at her. Shock crossed his face when she spat back.

He backhanded her and she fell, a hand held to her bleeding lip. She started an incantation, one that Tara recognized. It was the spell to paralyze. Her mother had taught it to her days ago. Tara struggled to remember the words as her father kicked her mother in the mouth.

The force of the kick whipped Elizabeth’s head back, the bottom half of her jaw dislocated and hanging limp. The words would not come to Tara as she sat and watched helpless as her father continued to kick her mother, shouting obscenities.

“We will not suffer a witch to live,” Donald shouted as he sent a rough kick into Elizabeth’s temple. Her body went limp and Tara turned and ran. Her mother was dead.

Willow gasped as she woke, still feeling the fear that Tara had felt. Her heart was beating frantically and there were hot tears on her face. She reached out into the bond and realized that Tara was still in the dream. She couldn’t help herself. She had to get to Tara.

The red head pulled on a robe and hurried to Tara’s room. The blonde was curled up as best she could with a broken leg, her body shaking. Willow sat down next to her and pulled her into her arms. She spoke soft words of reassurance as Tara slowly started waking.

“Shhh, auri, its okay now. You’re safe,” Willow said, not realizing she had spoken the endearment.

“What? W-what did you say?” Tara whispered.

“You’re safe,” Willow repeated, rubbing her hand along Tara’s back.

“N-no, you s-said auri.” Willow’s hand stilled for a moment and then began to move again. “How d-did you know?” Tara asked.

“I shared the dream, Tara.”

Tara looked up and saw the tears still streaming from Willow’s eyes and knew that the red head did not lie. She shivered at the thought of her memory coming to her in her dream.

“I’m sorry,” Tara said.

“Nothing to be sorry for. Go back to sleep. You are safe.” Willow helped Tara lay back down and get comfortable.

“W-will you…stay?”

“Yes, I will stay,” Willow promised, running her hand along Tara’s long blonde hair. It was like silk through her fingers. She felt her heart skip a beat as Tara reached up, grasping her hand; she pulled Willow to lay down next to her. Only moments passed before Tara was breathing softly, her chest rising and falling in the pattern of a peaceful sleep.

Willow lay awake, listening to Tara sleep and something stirred within her that she had not felt in years. She let it flow through her and smiled. She knew that Morgan wanted her to move on. How could it be that the woman she felt this for was the daughter of the man who had murdered Morgan? The Powers worked in mysterious ways.

The red head leaned up so that she could see Tara’s sleeping face; she looked so peaceful, the horror of her dreams forgotten for the moment.

“Tara,” Willow whispered. “Auri. My gold one, you will be safe, I promise you.” Willow leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Tara’s forehead. Laying back down, she wrapped her arms around Tara and gave into her own peaceful dreams. Peaceful dreams filled with laughing, deep sapphire eyes.

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

Last edited by Babbles4Twillow on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 pm 
5. Willowhand

BESTIE DIBS!!!! :banana :eatme :banana :eatme Dibs Mistress Strikes Again!!!! :whip

So of course I love it! (Gotta love Bestie perks hehee)

Here are a few of my fav parts:

Quote:
She felt the wind, like her lover's touch, running through her hair. "I know," she sighed. "I know that you won't hold me to that promise." She stood, speaking to the wind. "I can't let her in, baby. I just can't. Everyone who I love ends up hurt. You're gone. My family is gone. One of my dearest friends is gone, and the other is scarred for life."

Showing how she talks to Morgan, knowing she should move on but she still feels the loss of her lover.

Quote:
“Who led them? Who led the villagers?” Tara answered the question with her own, although she felt that she already knew the answer. Her father’s bragging words were echoing in her ears.

“Donald Maclay. That man is evil, and determined to eradicate magic from the Earth through violence. He is also the one who murdered Morgan.”

“No……”

Reality can be a bitch, it shows it here. Her father being the ass he is, and Tara knowing that being his daughter at this point is not a good thing.

Quote:
“My father is Donald Maclay,” Tara admitted
Willow felt a scream break from her throat as she stood just outside the door. How can this be? This wounded woman was the daughter of that monster? The monster who had murdered her Morgan, her love? Willow stepped into the room, a cold calmness flowing through her.

“Did he send you?” Willow asked, her voce cold. Her fists were clenched tight. She didn’t even notice the sparks coming from them. “Did he send you to finish me off? Killing everyone I love wasn’t good enough? Haven’t we suffered enough?”

Poor Tara, and Willow of course assumes the worst, it's hard to get past things when it affects you so much.

Quote:
“She has been hurt by him as much as you, Willow,” Buffy whispered to her before leaving the room.

Willow softened, realizing the truth in Tara’s words. Tara was just another woman unfortunate enough to have had an experience with Donald Maclay. Except Tara didn’t just have one experience; Tara had lived with her father for her entire life. Willow felt her resolve settle inside her and she stood straighter.

“Stay,” Willow said, surprising Tara who was struggling to stand. Willow’s eyes and hair were back to normal. “He will hurt you no more. I promise. I could not protect Morgan, but by the Powers, I swear I will protect you!”

It's always good to listen to the truth, if it hurts or not. I am so glad Willow listened to Buffy and Tara, realizing Tara was just as much if not more a victim then herself.

Quote:
He backhanded her and she fell, a hand held to her bleeding lip. She started an incantation, one that Tara recognized. It was the spell to paralyze. Her mother had taught it to her days ago. Tara struggled to remember the words as her father kicked her mother in the mouth.

The force of the kick whipped Elizabeth’s head back, the bottom half of her jaw dislocated and hanging limp. The words would not come to Tara as she sat and watched helpless as her father continued to kick her mother, shouting obscenities.

“We will not suffer a witch to live,” Donald shouted as he sent a rough kick into Elizabeth’s temple. Her body went limp and Tara turned and ran. Her mother was dead.

This was hard to read, even though it wasn't TOO detailed, it was detailed enough where I felt it. I even looked away for a moment. Very well done but goddess I even cried.

Quote:
Willow gasped as she woke, still feeling the fear that Tara had felt. Her heart was beating frantically and there were hot tears on her face. She reached out into the bond and realized that Tara was still in the dream. She couldn’t help herself. She had to get to Tara.

This already shows how much of a connection they have, how Willow has to get to Tara, to help her. This strong bond will help them in the future I am 100% sure.

Quote:
“Shhh, auri, its okay now. You’re safe,” Willow said, not realizing she had spoken the endearment.
“What? W-what did you say?” Tara whispered.
“You’re safe,” Willow repeated, rubbing her hand along Tara’s back.
“N-no, you s-said auri.” Willow’s hand stilled for a moment and then began to move again. “How d-did you know?” Tara asked.
“I shared the dream, Tara.”

This is sooo Willow, using a term of endearment and not realizing it, Tara obviously after asking not minding. realizing herself probably of the connection between them.

Quote:
“Tara,” Willow whispered. “Auri. My gold one, you will be safe, I promise you.” Willow leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Tara’s forehead. Laying back down, she wrapped her arms around Tara and gave into her own peaceful dreams. Peaceful dreams filled with laughing, deep sapphire eyes.

This is a great comforting SNUGGLY ending! You caught Tara and Willow the way they should be (even after just meeting). I can't wait for the next update!! I also can't wait for :wtkiss !!!

Astron

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:12 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update! I'm so glad you decided to continue this story. Normally my hate for the McClay men is particularly high but, I think this portrayal of Donald is just plain EVIL. The tenderness that Willow shows Tara after her nightmare was so sweet. I hope these two don't rush into their great love affair. I love to watch their relationships develop instead of just hopping in the sack right away.

Can't wait for the next update!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow I love this story! :D I have a thing for witches and kingdoms and medieval kinda times so that's definitely a plus! This story is so well written and you've obviously given it allot of thought since Willow in this story has a whole past that is slowly getting revealed. I loved the last part when Willow holds Tara and they fall asleep together :] can't wait for the next update! :D

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 am 

Yay...you decided to continue!! Really great update:) It was emotional, but not over the top and really pulled at the heart strings. Both have suffered due to Donald Maclay and it's something that will ensure their bond strengthens.

I liked how you explained Willow's being on the roof and her use of the lightening simultaneously while Buffy and Tara talked. Willow's rant on the roof was heartbreaking and her pain was palpable. I was always disappointed at how in canon they only really touched on it a couple times with Willow; in Conversations with Dead People and then in The Killer In me. So, I'm glad you're showing that, even three years later, she is still mourning and struggling to move. It'll be interesting to see even more of Willow's past and Tara's too.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where you take this! BTW...the name Morgan seems to be pretty darn popular in our little world! At least yours was good. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 pm 

Well, ain't that a pot of piss! How's that for irony. You finally start to feel something for someone after the brutal death of your lover. And, the person you are falling for just so happens to be the daughter of the tyrant that murdered your lover. Gives new meaning to the phrase "Irony is Ironic". You have a wicked little mind to think up a story with this many twists and turns. I love it!!!

I can't wait to see what kind of punishment you come up with for the dickhead known as Donald Maclay. Great story...i'm really digging it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Babbles4Twillow:

Wow, amazing fic! Love the sorcery and Buffy as a sort of companion/scullery maid and Tara’s insight that Buffy will pretty much do as she damn well pleases regardless of her place.

Quote:
"Morgan!" Willow called out, her heart ripping the name from her chest as she tossed her pain into the sky. The lightning lit up the night, showing Willow's pale, tear-streaked face as she sobbed and fell to her knees, memories flooding her. "I promised you, baby. I promised."

She felt the wind, like her lover's touch, running through her hair.

Wrenching and poetic - :flower

Quote:
Willow choked on her grief and threw more lightning into the sky. Where the loud crack of the lightning was usually soothing, tonight it seemed to only heighten her pain and brought more tears to her eyes. She stared out into the night, seeing the pale stone out of the corner of her eye. Willow refused to look at it when she was like this. Morgan would not have approved of the way she held on to her grief, yet Willow had to admit she felt as if her sorrow was all she had left.

Love this amazing imagery. Also the insight of sorrow being all she had left, feeling so bereft that there is almost nothing alive inside her.

Quote:

Loving this beautiful, tender scene and its lovely imagery. :love

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:33 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Me likey.

"The Powers worked in mysterious ways." Indeed. Definitely didn't expect that little twist coming. But I enjoy twists. Also wasn't expecting Buffy. But nice to see at least someone else in the castle, especially if the reason they are all alone is because of horrible horrible things.

Keep updating.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

My responses and then to the update! Thanks for everyone who left me feedback! Hope you enjoy!

AstronSoul - Yays for Bestie perks!! Congrats on Dibs! You seem to catch the importance of the little things I put in there. Thank you. I love detailed feedback! I don't know whether to be sorry that you cried or feel accomplished....

True_Love - Donald will only get more evil with time....And as to w/t lovins..there will be some, but I much prefer writing the emotional aspect first.

nightmask - Would you believe me if I told you that I learn Willow's past after I write it and go back to read?

Finey_McFine - I often feel like canon did not do Willow's grief justice. Thank you for the awesome review...and if you're interested...I had no idea about the name Morgan. For me it was a shortening of the name Morrigan, one of my favorite Celtic Goddesses.

SMGOVAN - Ironic.. *giggles* Glad you're liking the story! The reckoning of Donald....we'll see *grins*

Ariel - I don't have much to say about your feedback except thank you. It made me feel more like an actual writer instead of someone who putters.

dtburanek - Ya know..I didn't see that twist coming either..haha.

THANKS AGAIN YOU LOVELY KITTENS!! MUCH LOVE! :kdevil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:36 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Feedback ~ I appreciate anything

Notes ~ Little to no angst in this one...its fluffy...you're going to need it.... :kdevil
***************************************************************************************

Chapter 3 - Words

The next day, Willow had woken, still wrapped around Tara. She had disentangled herself gently and left the room to go outside. Willow needed room to think, room to breathe. When Tara was near, she clouded the redhead’s mind.

The redhead walked around the grounds, not seeing the beautiful scenery or the horse that she stopped in to feed. She absently pet Jack’s nose and went on her way. She wound her way around the gardens and picked herself some flowers. Willow’s subconscious led her to where she always inevitably wound up: Morgan’s resting place.

“Morgan,” Willow began, placing the flowers at the foot of the pale stone. “There are so many words to say, yet nothing at all. Always, when I believe I cannot miss you more, the next day its worse. Baby, you taught me so much of love, of life. Knowing how it can be, I want to be with her. Knowing the pain, knowing how it can end, will most likely end…how can I? How can I let myself go through that again? How can I put her at risk by loving her?”

Willow sighed, beginning to trace the words embedded in the stone: Walk with the Goddess and find Solace in her Compassion. It had been words said to Willow numerous times within Morgan’s last few months. Morgan would get a sad look on her face, without explanation or reason, and say those words again. It was almost as if she knew something was coming. Almost as if….

Willow gasped and her hand stilled its silent mantra. “You knew. You knew all that time. Morgan, you had a vision and didn’t tell me? What did you see? Only your death, or Tara also? Is that why you told me these words so many times?” Willow let out a breath of frustration and stood. “I grow tired of questions that cannot be answered. I will visit again soon, love, when I have a more clear head.” She walked away, her steps heavy and her head bowed.

Willow looked in on Tara but the blonde was still sleeping, so the redhead went to her own room and gathered her journal and several different colored inks. She could work things out better if she wrote them out. Willow was a very organized list-maker. She finished gathering her things and went to sit at the desk in Tara’s room. The redhead wanted to be there when the blonde woke.

After setting out her writing tools, she began to outline everything that had happened before and after Morgan’s death. Nothing there seemed to make anything “click” in her head, so she started dissecting the words that Morgan had told her. Willow wrote each word out in different colors, making them stand out more. Once she had that done; she put down her things, staring at the words willing enlightenment. Every sound and movement around her went quiet, nothing existed to her but those words. So focus was she that she did not hear Tara wake, or call out to her. Each word jumped out at her; first alone, then with other words. Two words kept catching her attention together; no matter how many times she moved on to different combinations, she always came back to these two words: Goddess and Compassion.

Tara watched as Willow carefully placed her head in her hands; she opened her connection with Willow the way her mother had taught her and almost cried out with the intensity of Willow’s emotions. There was so much sorrow within the redhead’s tiny body, Tara called out to her again, wanting to go to her, but Willow did not hear. She struggled to stand but it was useless with her broken leg. Tara settled back into the cot; concentrating, slowly, a small, warm light began to flicker in front of her. She closed her eyes, and in her mind she pushed the light towards Willow. The little light danced around Willow’s slumped shoulders, playing with her hair. Willow still did not look up until the little light began to caress her cheek. Tara’s light pulled back a little and the redhead moved to touch it, giggling when the light danced around her fingers.

Tara’s eyes shot open when Willow giggled; the redhead had laughed. It was the first time the blonde had heard it; the sound was like music, playing over and over in her head. Willow turned to look at Tara, her green eyes dancing with mirth. The redhead sent her a bright smile; Tara swore that her heart stopped, she smiled back shyly, not understanding what she was feeling. Willow had the most beautiful smile; the smile was gone almost as soon as it had appeared as the light moved towards the papers Willow had been writing on.

Tara let go of the spell and asked, “What were you working on?”

Willow sighed, looking back down at the paper, “Trying to decipher something that Morgan told me. I realized today that she had experienced a vision of what was going to happen. She kept telling me over and over, and I can’t figure out the message!” The redhead noticed that she had unknowingly underlined the two words several times. She picked up the journal and brought it with her as she went to sit by Tara.

Tara took a look at it, holding back a laugh at the quirkiness of Willow’s organization; the laugh died in her throat as she read the words. “She t-told you this?”

“Yes. She started telling me this at odd moments months before she died.”

“Why…why did you mark these words specifically?”

“I’m not sure, they just seemed to stand out to me more than the others. Why?”

“Goddess and compassion,” Tara said quietly, as if to herself. “The Goddess of compassion?” Tara audibly gulped. “I was named after her.”

“Tara,” Willow whispered. “What does this mean?”

“I have no idea, Willow. I am sure we will find out,” Tara said, her confusion evident in her voice. She shifted uncomfortably; she was starting to feel the aches from staying in one spot for days.

“What is it? Are you okay? Do you want to leave? Does this make you uneasy? I shouldn’t have told you. I mean, its not as if you don’t have a choice, you can-”

Tara cut off Willow’s babble with a finger to the redhead’s lips. “Shh, Willow. Calm down. I don’t want to leave. I am just achy from laying here too long. I want to move,” Tara explained.

“Oh,” Willow said, immediately understanding. “Would you like to go outside? The gardens are in bloom.”

“I’d love that, Willow. However, I can’t stand,” Tara said with a small smile.

“You don’t have to. If you’ll let me?” Willow stood and gestured to Tara.

“Willow, no. I’m bigger than you, I’ll-”

Willow interrupted, “As much as I’d like to be able to carry you, I meant using my magic, Tara.”

Tara felt her stomach do flips at Willow’s words; she imagined herself in Willow’s arms, slim but strong arms that would hold her safe. Tara knew that if she was in Willow’s arms, she would always be safe. She shook away the images in her head. Willow misunderstood the shake of Tara’s head and frowned.

“You don’t want me to take you outside?”

Tara laughed, “Of course I do, Will.”

The redhead’s confusion was lost when she heard Tara use her nickname, smiling she used her magic to lift Tara gently from the cot. Willow gathered up the blankets and followed Tara, who was floating in front of her, cradled in the air by Willow’s power. They wound their way through the castle and the grounds, making their way to the gardens. Tara looked around her in amazement; the castle and the grounds were amazingly well kept, for only having two women living there.

They found their way into the garden; Willow laid out the blanket and set Tara down gently. The blonde was speechless as she looked around at the blooming flowers; there was a riot of colors and smells assaulting her senses. There were multiple colors of roses, the soft purples of Hollyhock, the drooping buds of Belladonna Lilies, Begonias resting at the feet of bushes, Yellow Cosmos, and many others that Tara could not name; she felt a sense of peace enter her and turned to look at Willow, who was giving her a very intense look.

“Its beautiful, Willow. Thank you,” Tara said reverently.

“You’re beautiful,” Willow blurted out, then blushed. She smacked a hand over her mouth as her face turned as red as her hair. Tara’s head fell back as a full-throated laugh bubbled out. Willow stared in awe.

“Thank you,” Tara repeated once she had calmed down, she couldn’t remember the last time she had laughed like that. Willow brought something out inside her that she couldn’t describe or recognize. Tara suddenly realized that she was feeling something she hadn’t felt since she was very young. Even with the shadow of what her father had done and might do in the future hanging over her, even with what seemed like an infallible destiny between the two women, Tara felt happy.

“How do you take care of all this?” Tara asked.

“With Buffy’s help. We keep ourselves busy. The flowers are easy; I bring them from the earth. Most of them are not native to this region, but they bring me peace.”

Tara nodded; they fell into a companionable silence, observing the beauty around them. They didn’t even fight their urges to look at each other often. Usually when one looked at the other, the other would be looking away. For reasons unknown to Tara, she couldn’t help but watch Willow. Every time she looked at the redhead, she noticed something different, such as the slope of Willow’s long neck; hidden by her hair. Tara watched as Willow giggled at a hummingbird, noticing the adorable way Willow pushed her tongue against her teeth as she laughed. There was a growing list of things about Willow that she found adorable or beautiful.

Willow heard Tara let out a wistful sigh, turning her head to see the blonde watching her. They’re eyes locked; both women could hear their pulses pounding in their ears. Blue met green and neither looked away. The moment was intense as they stared into each other’s eyes, their souls bared for the other to see. Tara felt a fluttering in her chest; Willow felt the same.

The redhead finally found meaning in the words Morgan had given her. They were permission, advice, and a goodbye all wrapped together. Willow decided in that moment, as she drowned in Tara’s eyes, that she would let herself live, let herself love again. New life flooded through her; she would take the steps needed to be happy again; she would stop going from day to day wishing for a way out. Now she would go from day to day looking forward to every breath she took, every moment spent with this beautiful soul.

Tara didn’t understand the feelings coursing through her body. It was a new experience, yet she felt happy. She was confused, elated by the rapid beat of her heart; these new feelings were something she wanted to feel forever. She was happy that it was Willow who brought these emotions to her. Tara could see what she was feeling reflected in the deep emerald eyes that stared back at her.

They stared for what felt like hours, yet it was only moments; moments that changed the lives of the two women. The stare was broken by the hummingbird zipping between them and they laughed together, going back into their comfortable silence. The women stayed that way for another hour or so before Buffy came out to join them, bringing food.

They shared the companionship and the food, all three enjoying each other’s company as they talked of trivial things. Even after the food was long gone, they stayed outside. Buffy noticed that something pivotal had happened between the two witches; she was happy for her best friend. It had been too long since she had seen a genuine smile on Willow’s face.

The day started to grow cold so they moved back inside, as they walked there was a new spring to Willow’s step. Tara reached out from where she was floating, putting her hand in Willow’s; the redhead unconsciously entwined their fingers together as she focused on making sure Tara got to her room safely. Tara was exhausted from the outing, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Willow smiled at her, brushing the blonde hair away from Tara’s face.

She leaned in and placed a kiss on Tara’s forehead, whispering, “Sweet dreams, my gold one.” Leaving Tara, she glided from the room; back outside, where she went to thank Morgan for the gift she had received in the knowledge that Morgan had known Tara would come, had known Willow would find love, and not only did she accept it, she had encouraged it.

Last edited by Babbles4Twillow on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:36 pm 
5. Willowhand

DIBS DIBS DIBS!!! :whip

Hehehe I love being the bestie!

As per usual, you did an amazing job (I should know)!

It's sweet the Tinkerbell light, getting Willow's attention. The Willow helping Tara get outside, the bonding between them is so amazingly perfect. Your descriptions are so detailed that I see myself there.

It's good to see Willow allowing herself to live and love again. And yay for new feelings that tara are experiancing. There will be lots of :wtkiss soon!!!!

Great job!!!

~AS~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:53 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I almost don't know what to say. I love how little of the full story you've revealed so far and how well put together your ideas are. My favorite line from this update would have to be "They were permission, advice, and a goodbye all wrapped together." This shows the exact type of lover Willow had in the past, and it gives her closure and comfort that I'm sure she has not felt since Morgan's death. The garden scene was beautiful, and it had a very magical sort of essence about it. Well done, well done.

(Also, it's super cool that Tara noticed that thing that Willow does when she giggles ;] )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:07 pm 

Absolutely beautiful....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 pm 

Hey Babbles!

Really, really great chapter. I loved everything about it; from Willow's heart wrenching chat at Morgan's grave, to the magical garden scene, to the the kiss on the forehead and then Willow returning to thank Morgan.

Quote:
"They were permission, advice, and a goodbye all wrapped together."
Most definitely my favorite and the most touching part of this chapter.

Looking forward to the next update!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 am 
5. Willowhand

What a nice update. So well written and just beautiful. I[url][/url] guess it doesn't matter where you put these two, they're so meant for each other. Looking forward to your next update, angst-y or not.

An Everyday Life

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Just a few responses, and then the update! Also, any ideas, suggestions or concerns are welcome, PM me if you would like ;) I like hearing from Kittens!

Astron - Bestie perks are the best! :flower ....
Quote:
It's sweet the Tinkerbell light, getting Willow's attention. The Willow helping Tara get outside, the bonding between them is so amazingly perfect. Your descriptions are so detailed that I see myself there.

I'm glad that you liked it! Also, having someone say that they can see it/see themselves there....is like one of the highest compliments I can get. Thank you. :blush

Arika - Thanks for posting! Thanks for the kind words, they make me all warm and fuzzy! Finey is with you on that line! Me too, haha. I like that you caught what kind of person Morgan was by reading this chapter...more to be revealed soon!
Quote:
(Also, it's super cool that Tara noticed that thing that Willow does when she giggles ;] )

:grin :flower :grin

SMGOVAN - Simple words can sometimes have a greater effect than long paragraphs. Thank you.

Finey_McFine - Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated! I like that you and Arika found the garden scene magical. You both seem to be in agreement over that line also. It just so happens to be one of my favorites, too.

beautiful_love - Thanks for joining us! I agree with the sentiment. They will always find each other, they're soul mates.

UPDATE IS ON THE WAY! Don't be afraid to leave feedback! I live off it! :flower :pray :flower :pray :flower :flower :pray :flower :pray

*groveling* Yes, I am greedy. ;)

Kitten Love!
~Allie~
:pride

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:55 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Summary ~ Tara Maclay escapes her abusive family and finds herself wounded at Rosenburg Castle, home to Willow, a lonely witch who is afraid to love. AU

Distribution ~ I really don't care as long as it gets read. Just ask first.

Rating ~ M for violence and anything that might happen in the future...just a precaution ;)

Feedback ~ Please?! Kthnxbai :grin

Thanks ~ To my wonderful beta and bestie, Astron. Good lookin' out, Chika! :flower :flower

Notes ~ Sorry this is so short! I've been catching up on Ariel's How I Met Your Mother, and I am thoroughly addicted!
**********************************************************************************

Chapter 4 - Misunderstandings

The next two weeks moved swiftly, with the women spending as much time with each other as they could. They kept each other busy with little things. By unspoken agreement, they did not talk of their pasts; the day would come soon enough. Now was their time; time to spend with each other, with no ghosts. Willow could tell that Tara was getting restless, even with their daily outings to the garden, she watched carefully as each day seemed to put Tara further into her restlessness. Tara wasn’t used to just sitting around and being waited on; everyday her calm and serenity slipped just a little.

“Willow,” Tara said, again, trying not to fidget. “How long until I can walk again?”

“I’m not sure, Tare,” Willow answered honestly, looking up from her accounting log. They would need supplies soon. “The break was clean, so you should heal fairly fast.”

Tara let out an aggravated sigh; starting to play with her hands again. Willow looked back down at her logs, but she wasn’t seeing the writing; she saw blue eyes filled with laughter, filled with sorrow, and now filling with a frustrated anger. She knew she had to do something to relieve the tension, yet she wasn’t sure what she could do. Willow’s powers weren’t strong enough to heal bone, so Tara had to heal the break naturally. She could buy Tara a walking stick, but that wouldn’t help until the splint could come off. The gears in Willow’s head kept working at the problem until she heard the clink of Tara’s glass hit the table; the redhead looked up to see Tara glaring at the empty glass, as if the glass was to blame for her predicament.

“Would you like me to get you some more water?” Willow asked carefully, talking to Tara the past few days had been a dangerous endeavor; the blonde would take exception to the smallest things. This was, apparently, one of those times.

“No, I would not like you to get me more water!” Tara exploded. “What I would like, is to get up off this damn cot and get it myself!” She picked up her glass and tossed it at the wall; it shattered and pieces flew around the room. Willow winced and began to silently clean up the shards. Tara watched her, not believing what she had just done. Her lip began to tremble, “W-willow, I… I don’t know what c-came over me. I’m so s-sorry.”

“Would you like another glass?” Willow asked quietly.

“P-please,” Tara requested, looking down at her hands; letting her hair cover her face. Willow finished gathering the broken glass and exited the room. When she returned, she silently placed the new glass on the table next to the cot.

“I need to go into town. Do you need anything?” Willow asked as she gathered her things from the desk. When Tara didn’t reply, she glanced up to see the blonde shake her head.

“Just you,” Tara said into the silence when Willow left. “I just need you.”

Willow walked around the market; biting her lip in worry as she thought over what had happened with Tara. The redhead knew that something needed to happen soon; she had to find a way to make Tara happy again that meant finding a way to make Tara mobile; only she didn’t know how to do that. Many ideas came to mind, but each thought process led to the same conclusion: it wouldn’t work. She walked past a woodworking booth, a bright smile lighting upon her face as a new idea came to her. It would take some time, and quite a bit of effort, but it would work.

Willow bounced around the square; buying the tools and other parts she would need, she was going to make Tara happy again.

Tara lay in her cot staring at the ceiling, listening to the sounds of Buffy moving around the room.

“We need to put some weight on that leg, Tara,” Buffy said as she moved more things around, making room.

“Why c-can’t we just keep d-doing the regular ex-exercises?” They had been having these sessions multiple times a day for the past week, Buffy would come in and help her exercise her dormant muscles. Until two days ago, Willow was present for every session; the redhead had barely spent any time with her. The only times she spent more than a couple minutes with Tara was when she came in at night, curled up against Tara’s side and went to sleep.

“When you are able to walk again, you’ll need extra strength in that leg to hold the weight, so we need to work on it a bit more.” Buffy came over and helped Tara stand. “Lean on me, that’s it. Okay, now we are going to take a few steps.” They started moving slowly around the room, Tara leaning heavily on the smaller woman.

“She’s g-going to make me l-leave,” Tara said suddenly.

“I don’t think she’s going to make you leave because you broke a glass, Tara,” Buffy said slowly.

“I-it’s not like I d-dropped it! I th-threw it at the w-wall.”

“You were upset. Willow is not going to make you leave. She understands.”

“Then w-where is s-she?” Tara demanded. “If she’s n-not mad at me then w-why is she avoiding me?”

“Tara, she is not avoiding you. Willow is the owner of a large castle that needs tending to. She’s just busy right now, that’s all. It will pass.”

“I hope you’re right,” Tara sighed, they walked back over to the cot and Tara slumped into it. Only a few moments and she was fast asleep.

“Poor thing,” Buffy said.

Willow was exhausted; her hands hurt, her back ached, but it was worth it. She looked at the project she had been working on the past few days and smiled; hopefully this would make up for the time she had spent away from Tara. Willow grabbed her presents and left them outside Tara’s door before going to clean up.

When she returned, Tara was wide awake waiting for her. Willow left the presents outside and greeted Tara, “Good evening, Tara, I have -”

“Why don’t you j-just tell me to leave already?” Tara asked sadly. “I can tell that you d-don’t want me h-here. You’re only b-being nice by keeping me c-company at night.”

“Tara, is that really what you think?” Willow couldn’t believe that Tara didn’t know how she felt about her. “I never want you to leave. Tara, I am falling in love with you. Why would I want you to leave?”

Tara felt her heart pound faster as she heard Willow’s words; there was a fluttering in her chest that she couldn’t describe, yet if she had to find words for it, one word would be enough, Love. She forced herself back from her thoughts to answer Willow’s question, “You haven’t been s-spending time with me anymore. We barely talk since I threw that g-glass.”

“Tara, baby, it’s not because I’m trying to avoid you. I wanted to make things better, so I’ve been working on something,” Willow explained, moving to the door to grab the crutches she had made.

Tara looked at her in confusion, “How are those sticks supposed to help?”

“They are supposed to help you walk. Like this,” Willow demonstrated, putting the wooden crutches under her arms and walking around the room with one leg slightly lifted. Tara watched her in amazement.

“You made those for me?”

“Yes,” Willow answered, bringing the crutches to the blonde. “I know how upset you’ve been with not being able to get around, so I made these. I’m sorry I haven’t been around much, but I wanted to get them made quickly.”

“Thank y-you so much,” Tara breathed, taking the crutches and standing awkwardly; they would take some getting used to, but she would be able to get around now. She looked at Willow with shining eyes, smiling a lopsided grin that spread joy across her face. Tara used her new presents to close the small gap between herself and Willow. Tucking the tops of the crutches under her arms; she reached her hands out and cupped the redhead’s face tenderly. Their eyes met and held all their feeling evident in one look. “I’m falling in love with you, too, Willow.”

Willow smiled softly; glancing down at Tara’s lips and back up to deep pools of blue. Tara gave an almost imperceptible nod; their lips met in the middle. It was a soft and gentle discovery of their newfound love, Willow felt the final piece of the puzzle slide into place. Tara’s hands moved to draw the redhead closer, as their lips continued their gentle caress; Neither woman demanded more of the other, this was enough. They parted softly, leaning their foreheads together to stare into each other’s eyes. This was quickly becoming their favorite thing to do.

“My gold one,” Willow said, helping Tara back to the cot. “We need to rest. It’s going to be a hard day tomorrow.” She laid down next to the blonde and snuggled in.

“A hard day, my Willow-tree?”

The redhead smiled at her new pet name, “Yes, Tara, a hard day. We have a castle to tour in the morning.”

They chatted for a few more minutes before the trials of the day finally got to them, falling asleep in each other’s arms. Buffy came in a little bit later that night to check on them, finding the two women so wrapped up in each other that it was hard for her to tell where one began and the other ended.

**********************************************************************************

Hope you liked it!
~Allie~

Last edited by Babbles4Twillow on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

DIBS!!!

Hehe I am the Bestie and the Dibs-Master!!!

~coughs~ anyway...

Tara has a temper, isn't shown often, but when it is watch out! lol

I am so happy Willow found a way to help her get around, and you could tell it meant so much for Tara that she did that, even though Tara had doubts at first.

Their love is just now blossoming, the caring they have for one another that can only get stronger.

Great work Bestie!!!

So...when's the next update?

~AS~

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (10/21/2011)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 pm 

You are a incredible Writer M'lady. Anyone who can make giving someone crutches as a gift seem like the most romantic thing on the planet is a Goddess in my book. Falling in love stories are so sweet. I'm really enjoying your writing!

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (10/21/2011)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:03 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Allie,

It’s magic . . this story is tender and lovely.

Quote:
Willow smiled softly; glancing down at Tara’s lips and back up to deep pools of blue. Tara gave an almost imperceptible nod; their lips met in the middle. It was a soft and gentle discovery of their newfound love, Willow felt the final piece of the puzzle slide into place. Tara’s hands moved to draw the redhead closer, as their lips continued their gentle caress; Neither woman demanded more of the other, this was enough. They parted softly, leaning their foreheads together to stare into each other’s eyes. This was quickly becoming their favorite thing to do.

Beautiful description of the first wonderment and joy of falling in love. :love

Quote:
They chatted for a few more minutes before the trials of the day finally got to them, falling asleep in each other’s arms. Buffy came in a little bit later that night to check on them, finding the two women so wrapped up in each other that it was hard for her to tell where one began and the other ended.

And this, the joining of hearts and bodies and lives . . .

Thank you for this amazing story. :flower

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next