The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 5/12/2012)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2
DIBS!!!! :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip

First Off: THANK YOU CHARITY!! I have been trying forever (seems like) to get her to update, you keep doing what your doing!!

Ok ~ahem~ now the actual feedback

Quote:
I wonder why her hair is cut short like that. Is it hot where she comes from?

There’s not going to be enough food for everyone. Buffy didn’t make enough. I should go make more.

Always one to have organization in her head, it was a lil amsusing that WIllow was going through the list in her head.

Quote:
The three gathered around Sera, holding their hands, one over the other, directly above Sera’s abdomen. They each took a deep breath, focusing their powers on healing. Faith watched on as each piece of dying red flesh took on new life and stitched back together, but she knew. Its not going to be enough. With that thought, she let her bones begin to shift.

I like how you show team work right off with Willow, Tara and Astron. It shows the other's that working together is a must, but damn the power these three have and when together what they can do!
And the way Faith instinctively knew they couldn't finish the job...that she had to do it is awesome.

Quote:
He knew it wasn’t going to be easy. He knew deep down, that even with all the people behind him, he was going to fail. Lives were going to be lost and magic would live on. Donald Maclay wasn’t a man who gave up. Besides, it wasn’t about stopping the magic, not like he told everyone. It was a lie that he used because he knew that people were scared. People scared easily, and he was a man that knew how to use that to his advantage. He just wanted to hurt his daughter. No one leaves him, not without his permission, not unless he makes them.

This is right, people are just scared, and Donald is an ass we all know it, and hopefully he dies slowly. But even in today's world people are scared of us (Wiccan's)

Quote:
His wife let out a gasp from beside him, “Bán amháin.” Cassandra breathed the words out in amazement. Donny looked over at her as she watched with wide eyes. Turning his attention back to the tiger, he saw why.

Ok one I love Irish!!! so in honor if the language, bestie see if you can make out this next bit of feedback:

Is é an bealach Aithníonn an bhean chéile Cassandra Donny ar an Tíogair iontach a thosaíonn, a thabhairt duit leid ar a bhfuil sí, gan insint duit.

And onward...lol

Quote:
Charna let out a gasp from somewhere behind her as Pura’s jaw started to open. Inch by inch, her jaw widened, as if she was going to bite off Sera’s head.

If I was Charna, I would be scared too not really knowing about he tiger, thankfully Faith/Pura isn't a cannibal

Quote:
Once Pura was a good distance away from Sera’s head, she planted her paws and stood still, her fur glowing in the moonlight, her eyes bright with life and laughter. She tossed back her great head and let out a roar. Everyone heard the echo in their head, AWAKEN!

Oh my I can picture this in my head, and then seeing Sera wake up damn that must look amazing (hmm I just had an idea)

and then everyone elated that Sera was okay, Astron of course comforting her tiger best she can, then Cassandra approaching them/
I love how they talk about the curse a bit, even though the woman doesn't know the full story behind it, she was willing to help Pura/Faith out.

Quote:
“Yes. I have memorized the spell. Just a few simple words and its done.” She stepped away from her husband and towards the tiger. She placed her hand on the triangle of Pura’s forehead and spoke softly. “Pain be removed from your magic, and from your line. This soul has acted with pure selflessness. May your tribe be at peace. Goddess’ will be done!” She stepped away with a smile on her face.
“That easy, huh?” Astron said.
“That easy,” Faith said from the ground. “Thank you,” she said to Cassandra.
“You’re very welcome, amháin íon.”
“Pure one? Isn’t that meant for the great wise leaders?” Faith asked, confused. She thought back and realized that her tribe had not had an amháin íon in a very long time.
“It is,” Cassandra answered with a bigger smile as she grasped her husband’s hand and returned to the group.
“Amháin íon,” Astron whispered to herself, for her love was surely a pure one, who would lead her tribe into greatness.

Easy and done! lol So glad Faith and her kind can now shift without pain, and can shift whenever really, no more waiting for true love? I kinda liked that aspect of the curse lol

Anyway, I think through Astron's eyes Faith/Pura was always a pure one, now it's more official lol

Ahhh our two wonderful Heroine's both with worries, but always leaning on each other well more so other things than leaning lol

Great job Bestie and can't wait to see more!! Keep WRITING!!!! :kgeek :kgeek

~AS

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 7/28/2012)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
That is sort of tragic but then very fateful when donnie's wife could release the curse. The nit of lovemaking by w/t is sort of tragic but very lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
I have to congratulate you on how different and well developed your mythology seems to be. A were having healed ability (okay, I'm way overismplifying what you said) is a truly original thought and I'm looking forward to the further developemnt of this 'verse!

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
No feedback replies today. I had them all written out and then it flew away! So the jist is - THANKS BUNCHES. And bestie, I have google and I translated that tidbit. I liked how she recognized Pura too. Love ya!

Title: Ride the Lightning
Author: Babbles4twillow

Summary ~ Tara Maclay escapes her abusive family and finds herself wounded at Rosenburg Castle, home to Willow, who has never known anything but loneliness. AU

Disclaimer ~ The characters are not mine and belong to their respective owners. I just play with them. The story, however, is mine.

Feedback ~ Always welcome and cherished.

Thanks ~ To Charity, and as always, my Beta and bestie, Astron

Notes: Thanks for sticking with me Kittens! It's been a great ride and it's almost over :( So without further ado, HAPPY READING!

Catspeak in Italics.

Chapter 21 – Bits and Pieces - Part 1

Magic drifted absently from his fingertips as he walked, chilling the ground that he had covered. The woods made no noise around him, a dead silence that accompanied the dread in his gut. His eyes saw nothing unusual creeping through the dark, his ears picked up no disturbance.

“Useless patrols,” Donny muttered to himself. He’d been out here for hours now, making sure nothing happened while the rest of his new family slept.

It was a relief to finally be back with his sister, to actually have her know who he truly was. All those years of making everyone think he was so horrible; it had beat down on his soul and made him weary. It was a hard weight to carry as long as he had carried it. Donny didn't know what to do with himself now that it had been lifted.

A rustle to his left had him turning quickly with his hand raised and ready to let his magic loose.

“Whoa there,” Giles yelled, raising his hands. Donny breathed a sigh and lowered his hand. “I’m here to relieve you. Go rest with your wife.”

Donny nodded gratefully and headed inside to lay down with the woman who had helped him change his life.

Sera lay awake, staring at the ceiling when she heard the soft knock on the door. It was almost as if the person behind that knock was afraid that she would hear it. She called out for the visitor to enter and was not surprised when Charna inched slowly into the room.

“Couldn’t sleep?” Sera asked gently.

“No,” Charna replied. Her fingers were twisting around each other, a nervous habit that Sera had never noticed before.

“Is something wrong?” Sera sat up quickly.

“Nothing,” Charna said, before bursting into tears. Sera jumped up and hurried to the woman before leading her to the bed to sit. They sat on the edge together, Charna wrapped in Sera’s small arms, Charna’s short hair stroked until she calmed down.

“What is it?” Sera asked. “What has you so upset?”

“I thought I lost you,” Charna replied quietly. “I keep seeing you lying there, so still, and hearing Tara tell us that your heart wasn’t beating. I can’t sleep with that in my head.”

“I’m here,” Sera said, so quiet it was almost inaudible. “I’m alive.” Her throat was thick with tears. She never knew that anyone cared about her like this woman apparently did. She gently pulled Charna’s head to her chest. “Do you hear it?”

“It’s beating,” Charna breathed. For the first time that day, she truly believed that Sera was still alive and with her. Her shoulder’s slumped in relief and she closed her eyes, listening to the sweet music beating against her ear. After a few moments, the pace sped up and Sera’s heart was pounding. She looked up into those eyes and felt everything inside her settle, a question burning in her own eyes.

“For you,” Sera said, realization pulsing throughout her body. “It beats for you.”

“For me,” Charna repeated with amazement as she leaned forward until their lips met.

Faith and Astron sat across from each other in the lotus position, their breathing slow and even. The air was tingling with the electricity flowing in the space between them. Suddenly, Astron’s eyes popped open and she demanded, “Now!”

Instantly, the atmosphere in the room became charged as Faith’s body started shifting. Bones cracked and warped, muscles grew and bulged, and Faith felt a flash of pain shoot along her spine as the shift completed.

Pura took in a deep breath as she stretched her muscles, releasing it in a huff. Again?

“Again,” Astron responded calmly, allowing her magicks to course through her body, doing her own exercises as she pushed Faith. Pura responded, sitting down to shift again as a tiger’s growl turned into a woman’s moan. They sat for a few minutes, collecting themselves before the next shift.

“I’m tired,” Faith complained. “I think my bones are sore now.”

“One more,” Astron told her, peeking an eye open from her meditation. “It’s usually when our bodies are most tired that our minds get the most clarity.”

“One more,” Faith breathed in relief as she readied her body. Again, her bones shifted into those of a great white tiger. Astron smiled as all the glory of her tiger sat before her.

“Now we will meditate for a while,” Astron told Pura. The tiger lay down and stretched out, feeling each muscle inside her, getting in tune with her tiger form. She had spent so much time lately adjusting to her human form that sometimes her tiger form felt strange. Everything within her eased and all her concerns seemed to float away as her mind re-attuned to her tiger form.
Pura’s ear perked up but her eyes stayed closed as Astron spoke, “Reach out. See if you can feel them.”

For a moment, Pura was confused, until she realized that her lover was speaking of her tribe. In her mind, she pictured all the elders of her tribe; she imagined speaking with them, and the connection she had always felt.

“Amháin íon,” said many voices in unison inside Pura’s mind. “We feel you searching and answer your call.”

My family, Pura responded. We need you here. For too long, our kind has hidden. We used to be known for coming to aid when we were needed. It is time again. If we do not help, this battle will fail and magic will fall. Our kind will be no more, and neither will any of our friends.

“We agree. We will no longer hide. We’ll spread the word and join you when we can.”

Pura felt the minds separate from her own, but she still held on to them. She realized, after feeling each one individually, that she could almost pinpoint their exact location. They were all separated by miles, meaning that she had just spoken with all the elders of different tribes, something that hadn’t been done in centuries. Pura let go of the minds of the elders and felt her body and mind relax.

“It’s done then?” Astron asked.

Yes, Pura responded quietly.

“Then, please, change back so I can hold my lover,” Astron said. Pura opened her eyes to see Astron smirking at her.

As you wish, my dear, Pura responded with a laugh, and allowed her body to shift back to human.

It was not quite dawn yet when the group was up and gathering in the back of the castle. It was an unspoken agreement that they needed to train. There was an urgency coursing through them, as if they somehow knew that this was their last chance to prepare. Silently, they each chose a weapon and a partner, fighting as if to their death; Giles and Riley walked among them the whole time, correcting actions and stances. Their faces were grim as their weapons and magic clashed. No one knew how long they did that, but the sun was high and their bodies were sore before a break was called.

Water, food, and laughter was shared as everyone sat on the ground and rested, all of them knowing that their training was not yet done. In groups, they put down what they were holding and gathered their energies. Soon, everyone was standing, doing magic and practicing their specialties.

Tara looked at Willow standing off to the side, sending lightning into the sky. She could feel her fire running through her veins, being pulled to its other half. Almost subconsciously, Tara moved towards her love. Willow did not jump when she felt Tara’s hand fold into her own. It never surprised her anymore; she could feel Tara wherever she was, their magic was constantly shifting between them, pulling and pushing like the ebb and flow of the tide.

Tara reached out her free hand and let her pulsing magic loose, allowing her fire to ride the length of Willow’s lightning, as it was wont to do when they were practicing together. Ever since that first time in their shared dream, their magicks had pulled towards each other; their magic was now one and did not feel complete without the other.

Everyone seemed to stop training, becoming still as they watched the two practicing. They stood in silence watching the beauty of their fellows writing their love in the sky with fire and lightning.

Donald felt his calves burning as he watched the training from behind a bush near the river. It bothered him that he felt so nervous. So many powerful people were gathered at this castle.

“It’s no matter,” Donald told himself. “They will all bleed.”

He stood and stretched before heading back in the direction of his small camp. The others were still some distance behind, waiting for the call to arms. It was time, time to go to war and finish this. His daughter and that redheaded witch would pay, not to mention the things he wanted to do to his two faced son who he had seen in the field with the others. There was a deep betrayal in his chest.

“It’s time,” he told the first person he saw at camp, not even noticing a face. “Tell the others. Everyone get a lot of rest and eat well. Dawn will find us face to face with our enemies.”

That night, the magic users could feel uneasiness inside them as they ate and tried to rest. There was not much sleep to be had by anyone that night, as they kept waking up and tossing and turning all night. Each respective couple held their lovers as close as they could, feeling hearts beating against each other as they felt each minute passing as if it were an hour.

Tara lay awake in the early hours, holding Willow to her chest as she rested. She was reaching out with her magic, feeling each life within a few miles of their bedroom. It eased her mind to feel the wildlife around them, until she realized that they were scared. Animals were running away from the road to the castle, scared for their lives. And in that moment of panic, Tara felt them.

“Willow,” Tara said. That’s all she needed. Words were not necessary to communicate the problem. Willow came out of the restful trance she had been in, took one look at Tara’s face and knew.

“No,” Willow said, burying her face into Tara’s neck.

“It’s time, my love.”

“I’m scared,” Willow confided.

“We all are,” Tara said gently as she held tight to her love. It felt like goodbye.

They got out of bed and got dressed, unable to take their eyes off each other. Once they were down the first flight of stairs, they went to opposite hallways to wake the others. In no time at all, everyone was gathered in the hall, scarfing down what brief breakfast they could grab for sustenance. It was a quiet affair as their grim faces looked at each other. It felt like goodbye. Each person memorized the faces of the others, hands clasped tight under the table. New loves and old looked into each other’s eyes and refused to hear the goodbyes and I love you’s.

They moved as one to the gates, weapons in now-steady hands. The ground beneath their feet rumbled with the force of the horses and men headed in their direction. Not too far along the road, they could see the cloud of dust that was their enemy. They took another look at their group, at their lover’s and friends, their family, before facing back towards the road. Their shoulders went back and their faces lost all traces of emotion. The army was marching towards them and they stood there, a small but powerful group, in a line across the threshold of the gate. Without words, they started to walk, outside of the gates and what they knew. Their feet hit the ground hard as they started to run, battle-cries pushing from their mouths.

The cries sounded like feral screams. They felt like goodbye.

Thanks for reading!
Kitten love!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 11/18/2012)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

DIBS!! :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip :whip

So glad you are back bestie, and a very ominous chapter even!!!!

Quote:
A rustle to his left had him turning quickly with his hand raised and ready to let his magic loose.

“Whoa there,” Giles yelled, raising his hands. Donny breathed a sigh and lowered his hand. “I’m here to relieve you. Go rest with your wife.”

First off I love how Donny is actually a good guy, and how tender hearted he is, also glad he is on his toes even though I don't think Giles is a threat lol.

Quote:
“It’s beating,” Charna breathed. For the first time that day, she truly believed that Sera was still alive and with her. Her shoulder’s slumped in relief and she closed her eyes, listening to the sweet music beating against her ear. After a few moments, the pace sped up and Sera’s heart was pounding. She looked up into those eyes and felt everything inside her settle, a question burning in her own eyes.

“For you,” Sera said, realization pulsing throughout her body. “It beats for you.”

“For me,” Charna repeated with amazement as she leaned forward until their lips met.

Awwwwwwwwww so adorable, both women sorta tip toeing around but alas they can't hold it in, I love how Sera makes sure Charna knows her heart beats for her.

Now this next part I can't pick a favorite area (hmm I wonder why?) but of course you know I love me some Astron/Faithy stuff. I like how Astron is somewhat training Faith in going back and forth, getting her used to changing, and then when she is a tiger again tells her to reach out to her tribe and it working!!

It's great to see Faith's power progress and how she can contact her tribe, thanksfully and hopefully they will be there soon to help out.

Quote:
“Then, please, change back so I can hold my lover,” Astron said. Pura opened her eyes to see Astron smirking at her.

As you wish, my dear, Pura responded with a laugh, and allowed her body to shift back to human.

This, sounds sooooo like me! I laughed for a bit after reading this, and then I had a slight flashback to princess bride! Great job here bestie!

The training seems a bit glum but it's something they kinda have to do not want to do I think at this point, and then everyone seeing the two witches casting into the sky together and getting quiet, that is quite a moment.

I am not saying anything much about donald, hate him, despise him, and he needs to be run through, all I am sayin.

This last scene gave me chills, the way you describe it and how they have something like a battle cry as they start running toward the enemy is just...yeah uh huh.

You did a great job bestie, cannot wait till the next chapter!

~AS~

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13

Last edited by AstronSoul on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:14 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hi Allie good to see you back on the board after such a long sabbatical.

I have to apologise as I missed chapter 20 when it first appeared on the board, eek sorry, :shame. So this will be feedback on two chapters.

As it's been some time since Iast read the entire story I've forgotten the covens particular powers. Does Charna have an affinity with the air elements? it would eplain where the wind suddenly came from.

So Maclay isn't just a beater of women he's a coward to. What an absolute charmer, having people behind him so that he can have women murdered and his hands aren't dirty.

She was tired, too tired to finish her change back to human after what she had done. Too tired even to tell her loved one of the sacrifice she had just made.

Uh oh, now this don't sound too good. Does this mean that Pura cannot return to her human form of Faith from now on, or is it something worse????

I wondered if the phrases 'bán amháin' and ‘anáil isteach i saol’ were taken from the celt language at all? They just look as if that is where they belong.

Interesting reading how Donny felt so weary by having to pretend that he was a terrible person. I can see parallels with Faith in Season 3, particularly in the episode 'Choices' when she hesitates before the following the Mayor and you just wonder if Faith isn't goingto attempt to re-join the Scoobies because she's tired of just being his kept assassin.

Tis the calm before the storm and everybody is lying with their lover and making the most of their time together before it hits.

I do like that Willow tells Tara that she is scared. In so many adventure stories like this Willow is usually the cocky daring one who fears nothing and no one.

Isn't Mr. Maclay taking a chance with his army riding upto the castle. Willow and Tara could let loose their fire and lightning and decimate a fair number of his 'soldiers'.

I hate the ending of this chapter, it's scary. I hope that everyone survives.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yeah, you're back! Now all the bad stuff is going to start, isn't it? No wonder Willow is scared since she knows she'll be killed by Donald... All this "It felt like goodbye" is really ominous...
But considering the magical powers of Willow, Tara and some of the others I really wonder why they won't be able to take all those humans out without them even coming into striking distance for a sword...I mean, Willow alone could kill them all with electricity if they just managed to have them all stand in a few centimeters of water, couldn't she? And the water required could be somehow conjured by magic?
I know, I know, if it where this easy it would be anticlimatic... But I really like this idea...

I just have to wait and see how the bloody maniac Donald will be able to kill Willow and how you'll still make everything right in the end.. Please don't make us wait as long for the next chapter!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:30 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Allie! :bigwave

Glad to see you back on the board and posting again! I am happy to be back myself as life was rather crazy for awhile too. I am eager to see what happens next as we seem to have hit a tipping point in our story. This chapter was beautifully written and had a very sad overtone to it. Makes me worried about what is going to happen in this battle.

Can't wait to read the next update! Keep up the great writing!

~Leo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey everyone a small note, it might be a bit for the next chapter (not sure tho) Allie was in an accident but she is home now recovering

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Thanks for the update Astron! I hope she is feeling better soon!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

Update from Allie

She is now home recovering from a hit and run (they are trying to find the ***hole that hit her). She says the update will take a bit, but I think we are all fine with that.

~AS~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Glad to hear she is ok!!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey everyone! I wanted you all to know that my brain injury is healing well and I can finally focus long enough to start working on the update. Hopefully I ll get that to you soon!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:22 am 
5. Willowhand

YAY BESTIE!!!! I am so glad you are doing better, I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

~hugs and love~
AS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:00 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

:balloons I'm glad your starting to feel better :balloons

Post subject: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 9/17/2013)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Title: Ride the Lightning
Author: Babbles4twillow

Summary ~ Tara Maclay escapes her abusive family and finds herself wounded at Rosenburg Castle, home to Willow, who has never known anything but loneliness. AU

Disclaimer ~ The characters are not mine and belong to their respective owners. I just play with them. The story, however, is mine.

Feedback ~ Always welcome and cherished.

Thanks ~ To my bestie, Astron, and those of you who are reading this

Notes: If there is anyone still reading… thank you. It’s been a rough year, and I’m sorry for not posting. This has not been beta’d as a surprise, so if there are any errors, please PM me. Here's to changes!

Thoughts and Catspeak in Italics.

Chapter 22 – Bits and Pieces - Part 2

Their feet hit the ground hard as they started to run, battle-cries pushing from their mouths. The cries sounded like feral screams. They felt like goodbye.

As they ran, Tara and Willow threw bolts of their magic at the approaching army with their free hands, spooking horses and knocking men from them. Sera was in the back of the running group, mumbling incantations from her scrolls. Donny ran beside the two other men, telling himself he would get through this for his wife and unborn child, who were waiting back at a safe room in the castle. Charna adjusted the wind around them, making it easier for her group to run, and tiring the other army faster. Calah and River ran beside each other, not sure what they were doing, but knowing it had to be done. Rei tried to pace herself so that she did not run completely in front of everyone. Glancing around at the magical army, she noticed the men running just behind her, Buffy right beside them. Just in front of her were two women, and watching them run beside each other, watching the way they ran, it was hard to tell where one began and the other ended; it was hard to tell which one actually had the cat inside them, since they both ran with the grace of one. Rei pulled her bow up and aimed as they got closer to the enemies and fired off a few quick shots. They were still moving too fast, there were too many of them.

Willow had that thought the same time that Rei did. “River, give them something to run through!” She yelled, thankful that she’d had at least a small amount of time to learn the new group’s abilities before the battle came.

River stopped for a moment to concentrate, pulling water from the ground below, causing the ground just in front of the running horses and men to become soaked, more and more water coming aboveground as they ran. Rei and Calah both helped her, drawing water from the air making it rain just above the growing puddle. Willow watched and waited until the men started splashing through the water, then let loose a stream of lightning at the water. The men running through it screamed as their bodies were attacked by the electricity. They kept coming, now realizing what was happening and going around the puddle, ignoring the pile of men and horses that lay in the middle of the road.

“Weapons!” Tara called out, and everyone raised their weapons. Those that had the ability and the training had magic flare and line their weapon. Her eyes scanned the men, not seeing the face she was looking for. The wall of horsemen were blocking her ability to see the full army behind them. A small smirk crossed her face as she noticed Riley go rushing forward with his sword, slashing at the horsemen as he reached them. Astron and Faith gave each other a nod, raising their long swords and joining Riley. The rushing army slowed down as their fellows were cut down, men falling from their horses left and right. Tara could hear soft noises from behind her, then noticed as arrow after arrow flew over her head and started bringing more men down. Rei was letting arrows loose as fast as she could, but her quiver was already starting to run low on arrows. The army in front of them was thinning, but there were still many of them. The horseman were downed, and a lot of the footman. Even with this, something was telling all of them that there was still more horrors to come.

A man ran at Tara with his sword raised, a scream in this throat and murder in his eyes. That scream died before it was even fully let loose; Willow sliced him down before he could reach the woman she loved. She had the knowledge that today was the day she died; she was no longer afraid for her own life, just Tara’s. Tara would survive today so that one day, they could be together again. Willow looked back at Tara, trying to hide that knowledge from showing, but the moment their eyes connected, she could tell that Tara could see something dwelling there. With that connection, she almost didn’t hear the sword behind her.

“NO!!” Tara screamed, a blue stream of fire racing from her hand, killing the man before he could get close to her Willow. She looked at the redhead, her jaw clenching in determination. “Not today, my Willow-tree. Not today!”

With that said, her and Willow turned to the remaining men of the army, swords raised and a fight in their hearts.

Donald looked over the battle, his face not giving any hint to what he was feeling as he sat atop his horse. He looked over at the three who stood near him, commenting, “They’re winning.”

“Do you want us to start?” Angelus asked.

“Yes,” Donald replied calmly. “Let’s move in.” He lightly nudged his horse and started moving towards the battle. He could no longer stand back and watch his daughter, the witches, and his betraying son win. They would all go down. It was his demand. This day would end in blood, and no more of the blood would belong to him or his.

William looked over at Drusilla and grinned. She was going to love making all those bodies dance.

The group was moving fast, bringing down man after man as they cut through the army, trying to fight their way to their true enemy. They still could not see Donald, even after half of his army was lying dead at their feet.

“Something is happening,” Tara whispered, as a dark foreboding feeling settled in her gut. She sliced down another man, saying a prayer for his soul as she did. Suddenly, there was a cry of pain from somewhere behind her. She spun quickly to see Mr. Giles sputtering blood from his mouth, a look of shock on his face as he stared down at the sword that had been lanced through his stomach. Everything seemed to come to a standstill as even the army stopped moving to watch Rupert fall to his knees, then his face. The sword stood up from his back, quivering at the jolt of the fall. A man stood behind him, a bloody grin on his face, even though his torso was ripped open from left shoulder to right hip.

Willow’s face went slack with shock, and then twisted in horror when she looked around and saw all of the dead beginning to rise again. Dread settled in her gut, but just for a moment. Grim determination came over her, and a need to survive long enough to get Tara through this fight. Internally, she swore to Tara that she wouldn’t let her die. With that oath in her heart, her magic flared and began shooting too fast from her hands for the eye to see.

“It’s not working!” Tara yelled, as her magic burned a dead body, but it kept walking.

They kept fighting, but nothing was stopping these monsters. Every live person that they felled just came back, mouths gaping and innards escaping. The group was growing tired, wearing down by attacking enemies that wouldn’t stay down.

“Watch my back!” Faith yelled, and immediately the group circled her. From behind them, they could hear her moaning, and bones cracking, but she fought through the momentary pain to change into what she now knew was her true form. Transformation completed, Pura let out a fierce roar and followed her instinct. The white tiger broke through the circle of her friends, jumping right for an enemy’s head. Catching on, the group followed her lead, slicing off their attacker’s head and slightly rejoicing in the fact that they did not rise again. They were still surrounded, and the entire enemy army was closing in, but the group had their fire back.

The battle seemed to go completely still for a moment when Pura let out a roar that echoed throughout the area, trembling inside every person around.

They’re coming, Pura said to them all, leaving it at that before tearing into another man. Unsure of what she meant, everyone looked around, and froze. Exploding from the surrounding forests were all types of animals. Wolves, lions, tigers, boar, bears, and more, were running beside each other, with only one thing on their mind: to help their Amháin íon.

Before they knew it, limbs went flying. The swarm of enemies was cut in half quickly. With the prospect of victory close at hand, they all fought with renewed vigor. Their blood boiled with the urge to cut down all of the walking dead, and the new men that had joined them, determined not to let these men destroy their magic. Each step that they took into their swings, each step away from one enemy for a spell, each small breather they took… It was separating them all, and they didn’t realize it. They were all too far away from each other at this point to quickly reach another to be able to come to their aid. Calah realized this first. Her gurgling scream made the others realize it. In her rush to help, Rei had the side of her leg split open, a sword getting just too close while she wasn’t focused. All the sounds of the battle raging around them, screams from their enemies, and their own people, the group took a moment to find each other with their eyes before getting back to the fight.

“Regroup!” Riley yelled, getting back to Buffy’s side, both of them fighting with their back to the other. He saw Charna give a small nod as she fought off two men while Sera was casting a spell from behind her. An arrow shot through the head of the man in front of Buffy, and she looked in the direction it came from to see Rei give her a bloody grin, River at her side covered in mud. Astron and Pura joined the growing circle after they did.

Almost everyone, Tara thought to herself as she did a mental checklist, her eyes searching for Willow. Even while swinging her blade, fire spitting of the end of it, Tara felt a smile spread across her face as her eyes met her love’s. Then, her heart stopped and her eyes grew wide. Her father was standing right behind her smiling Willow. When she realized why Tara was looking at her with fear, it was too late.

Willow heard a laugh from behind her as a ripping pain went through her chest. Looking down, she saw a rusted blade coming from her chest, and it seemed to be getting longer. Why? Willow thought. Coughing, blood sputtering from her mouth, Willow looked again for Tara, tried to scream when she saw Tara fall from a blade sliced across the back of her legs as she was running. With her body going numb, she didn’t even feel the jolt to her knees as she fell, as the world started going dark. Her eyes barely open, Willow could see Tara dragging herself towards her. Her heart started to slow and she felt all her pain completely leave her, all her worries floating away as Tara grabbed her hand.

“Willow,” Tara gasped. “Please, no.” She could beg all she wanted, but Tara could not change what had just happened. Beneath her hands, Tara felt Willow’s soul leaving her body, and felt the ripping in her heart. She let out a scream, unable to control the flame that leapt from her heart to the paint the sky.

The group looked at them when they heard Tara and saw the sky on fire. Their hearts sank as they saw their leaders on the ground, Tara weeping over Willow’s body. Pura howled as she saw the person who helped her change everything laying there with no more breath in her lungs, no more songs in her heart. As she howled, she ran towards them, and all of the other animals cleared the path for her. Before he could realize what was happening long enough to stop laughing, Donald was down on the ground with the great white tiger on his chest, pinning him, teeth to throat.

“You think you won, old man?” A silky voice said in his ear, demanding his attention. “All you did was make us stronger. You placed a fire in our hearts, the kind of fire that you will never feel. Magic will live forever. Even when we all leave this world, our magic lives on. It comes from love, you imbecile.” The tiger backed far enough away that even though he was still pinned, he could see the woman who had been speaking. She started to move from her kneeling position, and for the first time in a long time, he felt fear.

Astron shifted, pulling her Sais from her thighs, and crossing them over his throat. “Magic always finds a way,” she whispered. “We are never completely gone.” With that, she moved her hands like lightning. His throat split open, Donald was gone.

The group didn’t even notice that the battle was dying around them, that the animals were chasing away and killing who was left. All they could see was Willow’s still body, and Tara’s tears. They held on to each other as they moved to join Tara in her grief, stood there for hours, their own tears flowing as the night grew cold but didn’t darken. Until the dawn, they stood guard over the witches, Tara’s grief lighting the sky.

TBC!!!!

Last edited by Babbles4Twillow on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ride the Lightning (AU) (Updated 9/17/2013)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

It's been a while and we all understand that life comes first. You are a great writer don't ever give that up, just do it when ya can bestie.

Great chapter :) (I know short sorry)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:16 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Oh...My...Goddess... Is this...an update? :D :D :D :D MY NIGHT IS OFFICIALLY MADE! :D :D :D I LOVE THIS STORY!

I've followed this story on FF.net, but I was always afraid to leave feedback! I can totally do that now! Damn it, if only I wasn't on my phone :ashamed I'll make sure that leaving a proper review of this is first on my list of things to do when I get home!

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Wow, that was brutal. I know that all will turn out well in the end, but boy is it tough in the mean time.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:56 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Alright, I finally finished it. Man, being away from home sucks when you have fics you wanna leave feedback on :P

This chapter....oh Goddess, I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest. I have to admit, I was kinda tearing up when I was reading near the end. The writing was that good! I don't always find myself close to or crying at a fic, but this one is definitely giving my feels a run for their money!

And now the waiting game, I wait patiently (somewhat) for the next chapter! For the time being, this one is utterly amazing! :) Great job!

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:40 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Although I knew Willow would die, reading it happen and Tara's reaction to it broke my heart! I'm also sad about Giles' death (especially since he probably won't come back to life). I'm glad that the bastard Donald was killed. Now I'm anxiously awaiting how you'll have Willow resurrected...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Holy :moo !!!

A girl takes a little (uh hmm) break from the board and all hell breaks lose! Willow and Giles dying ... tragic. I really don't know what else to say. Oh yeah i do --fix it! I mean, excuse me Allie, can you please rectify the situation in which my and every other kitten reading this story had our hearts ripped. Thank you :grin

Seriously, girl. I hope you are well and everything is hugs and puppy dogs. You deserve it.

Take care and happy holidays,
Lexi

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7