The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One-shots ~ The Void
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 pm 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
Hi kittens! Just a short sweet something that sprouted off in class. Feedback always welcome, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I own nothing but a crazed mind so please don't sue me. {pretty please}
Summary: Tara receives a text.
Rating: Totally PG
Notes: "Text", <>

The lecture seemed to drain every bit of energy she had left, she almost couldn’t keep her eyes open. It wasn’t that she didn’t like school, or the subject at hand for that matter, but the teacher was just so boring.
Tara was distracted by a vibration in her pocket. It was a welcome break from the bleak wall she had been staring at for the last twenty minutes.
She fished the phone from her jeans and furrowed her brow , not recognizing the number that flashed with the text icon.

“I’m bored to death, Mr. Anderson is worse than a shot of Valium. What about you?”

The blonde was further bemused, from what she had understood whoever had texted her was in the same room with her, but she couldn’t fathom who it could be.

“Me too, which is why I’m replying, otherwise I’d just have ignored you. Who are you?”

It wasn’t long before an answer arrived.

“I’m sitting a few rows behind you, a bit to the left.”

Tara resisted the incredible urge to turn, instead typing back to the stranger.
Somewhere back a phone merrily displayed her text.

“That still doesn’t answer my question. How’d you get this number?”

Slender fingers hit the keyboard.

“I asked around.”

Willow lifted her gaze from the screen to look at the other girl, her fingers twitching nervously. Much as she wanted to play the cool sophisticated mysterious stranger she couldn’t help but panic.
Tara wasn’t sure whether to feel angry, creeped out or flattered at that, but while she contemplated the choice another message came through.

“I’m sorry, I probably shouldn’t have, but I really wanted to meet you but I was scared and I would have spazzed out and made a fool of myself. Hence the phone-to-phone thing. I’m sorry.”

The blonde smirked at the flow of words as she imagined a panicked babble. She decided to answer.

“S’ok, I get the social-inept thing, I’m kinda one too. And you didn’t make a fool out of yourself. Well, maybe a bit.”

Willow exhaled in relief, she hadn’t scared the pretty blonde off. She had seen her around and she’d been captured, however she had never managed to sum up the courage to talk to her.

“Well, actually…”

Tara looked at her phone’s display, waiting for the rest of the text to come through. When it didn’t she sent an hesitant and confused reply.

“Actually…?”

Willow sighed.

“Do you, by any chance, remember an unpleasant happening that involves spilled coffee?”

The blonde wandered off in her thoughts, recalling a similar fact. Still, the thing she remembered most was the involvement of a gorgeous redhead, that had stood still as if struck by lightning then sprouted off an avalanche of words before bolting. Her eyes widened.

“That was you?!”

A few seconds later came the meek reply.

“Er…yes?”

And then another.

“I’m sorry for that too, you know. I never even repaid that coffee.”

Tara mulled over the text for a while. Was that an invitation? And, more importantly, was that an invitation that she wanted to take? The answer came to her as a warmth that spread through her chest and a flutter in her belly.

“Wanna do so now?”

She held her breath, waiting for the reply, but it didn’t come. She slumped in her seat, crestfallen, when she noticed that the other students were packing away their things. Quickly she got up and turned, her eyes searching for the redhead in the crowd.
Disappointedly, Tara gathered her notebook and bag, and resignedly got out of the class.
She had her gaze cast to the ground when a nudge on her shoulder caught her attention. In front of her the redhead was holding two steaming mochas, her expression halfway between sheepish and hopeful.

<>

Tara beamed at the other girl and accepted one of the cups. She cradled it in a hand extending the other.

<>

With a dazzling smile Willow grasped the offered hand.

<>

Last edited by jay/wt4evr on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Text ~ One-shot
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:35 pm 
5. Willowhand

This was cute. And pretty original. Willow is absolutely adorable, showing up with the coffees and everything. Made me smile. Super kudos to you.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:25 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Awww, how sweet. I loved it! You must have been super bored in your class, lol. I always say that it's a good thing that there was no internet or fanfic when I was in school because I never would have graduated HS or college!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey,

This was so sweeeet! And not just that mochoa-y goodness!

Simple and charming - thanks!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:14 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 am 

Hi Kittens! Thanks for all the replies!

beautiful_love, you are officially breaking my fic-realated 'kudos' cherry, thank you for your kind words!

Finey_McFine, yes, the fact that we have access to the net while in class is highly dangerous! And yes, the lesson was totally boring lol, hence the boring lecture setting :p. Thanks!
ps, it's ages I've been meaning to leave feedback to your fic because I love it, I swear I'll get around to it before you finish it {which isn't happening anytime soon, right? *puppy eyes* I enjoy it too much to see it come to an end :p}

Ariel, mocha-y goodness always makes for interesting happenings, doesn't it? Thanks for the feedback ^^

SJ, as always your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Now, onto the second duckling of my non-studying-induced boredom.
Disclaimer: I don't own blah blah blah. Also I don't lay claim on the quote used in here, which was taken straight {gay?} from Arrigo Boito {at least, I think it's his}
Summary: Willow writes Tara a letter.
Setting: About thirty-six years from S4.
Note: I'm sorry for the size, just er, open the image and you should be able to magnify it or something. I just might get deprived of my title of 'nerd'.
Fluffy goodness! Enjoy!

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

Post subject: Re: Letter ~ One-shot
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:49 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey,

This was funny, cute, and touching, too. :flower

Thanks for writing it!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

These were both really cute and sweet. I let out a squeal of happiness at the second one. :)

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Aww and wow, reminds me why I fell in love with their relationship 10 years when I needed reassuring on things like that.

Willow has always had that poetic-in-prose streak; Tara's a more poem-worthy topic than coffee, methinks.

Nyah! If I ever get "Snapsots" done, I go one year farther than you did :-).

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:21 am 
23. Volumey Text

Nice!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I think it's now a two-shot but thats just me. Or maybe it's 2 separate 1 shots. I loved the text conversation. Very cute and very Willowy. Too shy to try directly but willing to Text. Aww. The letter is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Post subject: Re: One-shots ~ Letter
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:27 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Ya, that was short and sweet.
It really made me smile.

Thankyou!

:bigkiss

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:28 am 
5. Willowhand

Super cute! I really loved this...sounds like something I would do...text because I'm terrified of getting shot down face to face. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:58 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

The note was very cute and sweet :) I wish an outcome like that would have happened instead of what did happen :/ Eh oh well. I really enjoyed the coffee one shot. So cute and sweet and random. I'm really enjoying your posts :)

Post subject: Re: One-shots ~ The Void
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:08 pm 

And, I'm back! I know, I know, I'm despicable, I shouldn't leave you kittens hanging like that. But! There's a but, I have another one shot to give you a break. First thing first though, replies.
Thanks to all of you who keep sticking to my irregular work.

Ariel, thank you for reading it! It was a pleasure to write actually, because, well, I just can picture Willow doing something like that ^^
Promethea, yay for sqealing!
DaddyCatALSO, Willow definitely has that romantic streak. Thanks for stopping by and can't wait for Snapshots to get there!
SJ, thanks for reading!!
JustSkipIt, yes, definitely two one-shots, three now, I'm kind of spazzy that way. Thanks for the feedback =)
Azirahael, I think short and sweet go hand in hand, at least in Willow's case. I figured if it was longer she'd either start babbling or stray into naughty thoughts -lol Thanks for reading!
fhiwda. thanks! Yeah, it's something I would do too---ok scratch that, something that I have done -ugh. Hence the idea :p Thanks for your feedback =)
wildmind, don't we all wish a different outcome *sigh* Then again maybe that's why there are so many fanfictions and the like, after all here we keep Willow and Tara safe and happy ^^ Thanks for the kind words =)

Now, onto the new shot. It's kind of depressing actually, but as per FAQ, oh and personal striving for happiness it ends well. I'll give it a rating of R, but no naughtiness, just want to play safe.

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters in any way, shape or form, I just have a warped mind. Oh, and too much time on my hands.
Summary: Ok, I kind of pictured the story happening anytime between the Dark Age and early 1900, but it could also be a contemporary setting. No particular POV.
Rating: R

The Void

The sun bled through the sky until it was no more.

A wish burst within my chest to follow it.

One step. Two steps.

I am one of the damned. My destiny is that of the weak of mind and withering bodies.

The void is near. As I approach it I envision the face of my beloved. My curse. My salvation.

Arms encircle me from behind. An angel is here to accompany me in my last journey.

<>

I am twisted. You are my rock. Not feeble like me. You ought not to know.

<>

You can do something. Let me go.

She stops to think. Don't. I know how wicked I am. And yet here aren't enough words to describe how I feel.

<>

Anything? These thoughts stab my heart and wrench my gut. Would you have stabbed me to rid me of my misery?

<>

A beat. I lift my head.

<>

I turn. This can't be happening.

<>

My eyes lock with hers. What do you mean? Do not play with my heart so.

<>

A simple request. One I fear I can't fulfill. And yet her arms ground me, her eyes keep me spellbound.

Witch. Demon. The accusations ring through my mind, I cannot have her subjected to that, not after my claim of love. I avert my gaze.

Her hand leaves my waist to gently grasp my face and firmly level it with hers.

Again that request.

<>

In her eyes something prompts me to believe in her.

She said she missed my voice.

After that terrible declaration I didn't utter another word.

"Anything". She said that back then too. "Tell me you hate me, say something, say anything!" Did she really mean it?

I find my voice after months of silence.

<>

She smiled, and lit up my world.

<>

Slowly despair uncoils from my heart. It feels like I can breathe again.

<>

She leans in. I'm dreaming.

<>

She kisses me.

I'm home.