The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fic: City Of Angels (Updated 06/28/11)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

First off, I know I haven’t updated for like ever. The reason for that is simply that I wrote all my fanfiction on my school laptop, and now I’m going to a new school, so I gave back my laptop before school ended a few months ago and haven’t had the time to write on my slow PC. (rant warning).

However, now that I got a new laptop in school, I’ll update whenever I come up with something.

t'll go slow though, cause I’ve got tons and lots and lots of tons of work to do..

Second, the ending of the latest update was written when I was high on horror movies and sugar, so it’s pretty dumb seeing as I couldn’t come up with anything else. However, I managed to scribble something together to steer away from the weirdness. I think. :kgeek

Chapter 9 - Enemies, Friends and Family.

Previously: ”T-there's a letter, and a f-f-finger in the envelope. He's coming for me!”

Tara was numb. All she could feel was a big ball of nothing in her stomach. And it hurt.

She was crying, she could feel the tears rolling down her cheeks, but she didn’t choose to cry, the tears came. And she didn’t feel anything.

She just knew was that soon she’d be back with her father and brother, and all she’d done would have been for nothing.

It was frustrating to watch the police officers and FBI agents to go around her appartement, with no clue of what they were doing.

She was wrapped in a blanket, Tara had no idea why though. It must be a security thing, she though.

Tara knew why there was a finger in the envelope. It reminded her of something, and they knew it.

Tara had been a very childish girl, playing with dolls until she was eleven, when daddy threw all her toys out.

She’d loved to surround her with stuffed animals, princesses and dolls just to get away from the harsh reality. When she didn’t have her toys, all she had was her diary, which she would fill with cute stories about kittens, half camels and witches.

She remembered that Donnie used to cut the fingers of her dolls and make it an amusing game for him and his friends to watch her cry out of sadness and fear. He sometimes even read her diary out lout to them.

Everyone thought Daddy made Donnie into the monster he is, but he didn’t. Donnie was worse from the start.

And now, she had them both chasing after her.

Tara realized something.

Willow. If they had been watching her, it was a good chance they knew Tara was at least the redheads friend.

And friends isn’t something that ugly trash has. They belong locked up in an empty room doing what they should. Waiting for nothing.

Willow was in danger if they knew who she was. And Tara couldn’t even begin to imagine what would happen if they’d lay a finger on her girl.

She thought. <She isn’t my girl. I don’t know why a beautiful girl like her would like an ugly piece of trash like me, but she does. And it’s an amazing feeling to have someone that at least likes me. I wonder why she likes me..>

Completely unexpectedly, Tara found herself wrapped in the arms of her gorgeous girlfriend. But she was gonna break up with her, for sure.

”Tara? Tara baby? Answer me, please!” The redhead said, choking on tears.

”I-I-I..” Tara stuttered. ”I’m s-so s-sorry”

”What?” Willow asked sadly. ”No. You’re not going to be sorry for something that was done to you.” She said, her resolve face on.

The redhead looked at the crushed blonde, she looked so weak, so insecure. All she could do was hold her.

”You, y-you’re n-not-” Tara began, slightly confused.

”What?” Willow asked softly.

”Y-you’re not b-breaking up with me?” Tara said, suprise filling her voice. She could feel everything now, and it hurt. God how it hurt.

”Oh my, of course I’m not Tara. Why would I do that? I can’t imagine a world without having you around.” She said, causing Tara so smile a little.

”T-thank you.” The blonde said, shivering.

”I f you mind, I’d like to speak to Miss Maclay in private.” Said one of the investigators that were there. When the FBI’d heard about the finger, LAPD had nothing there to do anymore.

”Of course.” Willow said, not really wanting to let go of her girlfriend’s hand, but forcing herself to do it anyway. They shared quick glance as Willow let go of the blondes hand and went to talk to the other officers.

”So, Tara. Do you have any idea who the letter was from?” The officer asked, focusing on getting eye contact.

”Y-y-yes.” The blonde stammered sadly.

”Could you tell me who it’s from?” He asked kindly, the fear in her eyes reminding him of the kids at the center for abused children.

”It’s f-f-from my F-father.”

Eli Daniels gulped. Never in his fifteen year long career he had met someone with such a sick excuse for a father. Unless you counted his own.

”Okay, good Tara. Do you have any idea why he would send you this?”

This was hard enough for him, but actually having to ask someone these questions, someone that had obviously been through a lot, was awful.. ‘Why would anyone send you this?’ he mused. ‘Because it’s a nice gift’ he thought sarcasticlly.

”He wants me to go back.”

He wants me to back’ Eli heard her say in the back of his head.

”Go back where?”

”H-home.” Tara stuttered. She felt so little, so small and pathetic and all she wanted to do was crawl up in a corner and cease to exist.

But this was real life, and you couldn’t just stop existing. She tried to straighten herself up, and gave him a half hearted answer.

Willow, had seen the finger. It was gross, but it made her realize something. The red nail polish that the finger had, was the same color and design that Melissa had worn the day she died.

”Hey Sherlock!” Willow shouted at one of the investigators that she had known a long time.

”What?” The british man answered shortly, annoying and being annoyed by the redhead had become a game of some sort. He didn’t like the LAPD and she didn’t like the FBI. (Or, at least they didn't like each other)

”Sherlock! I need you to do a DNA sample of the finger and the Melissa case.”

”In case you didn’t notice, she had all her fingers, you saw the news report, am I right?”

”It’s standard for the fes to withdraw information. Also, the cast never showed anything but pictures of her face.”

”Miss Rosenberg, the LAPD really don’t have anything to do here, but fine. You’ll owe me one.”

”Gee, it’ll help the investigation.” Willow sighed.

When she was trained to be a cop, Wesley Wyndam-Price A.K.A Sherlock had been the nerdy suck-up with glasses.(Now a days one of the top field agents in the states)

He came from a long line of british agents, and his father had sent him there to get rid of his rebellious behavior. (Having an opinion of his own) All the other Wyndam’s were specially trained, but not him.

Wesley had gotten his name for his creepy Sherlock Holmes collection and knowledge of it, and also because he quoted Sherlock holmes nearly all the time.

The redheaded cop smirked as she watched him talk to a bunch of other people.

If the finger did belong to Melissa, that meant Tara’s father killed her.

”Oh, the fun just keeps on leaving.” She mumbled. She sighed as her phone rang.

When she saw who it was, she realized something.

”Mama?” A young girl said.

”Hi Jessie, sorry I haven’t picked up you yet.” Willow said, her voice low in shame.

”It’s okay. It’s just seven o’clock you know.” The girl pointed out.

”Okay baby girl.”

”Maama,” Jessie said in a singsong voice. ”Don’t call me that, turning nine tomorrow, remember?” She said, before worriedly adding ”You haven’t forgotten, right?”

”Of course not. I would never forget the most important day in your life.”

”Good.”

”You’ve done all of your homework, right?”

”Yup, it was really, really easy. And, I gave all the invitations for my birthday party to everyone in my class today, and almost everyone could come!” The girl squealed happily.

"That's great sweetie!"

”Soooooo, mama, whatcha doing?”

”I’m working, sort of. I’ll be there to pick you up in half an hour, I just have to sort some things out.” Willow said.

”Okay mama, Nathie, Kate and I are gonna play Jenga now, bye!” Jessie said happily.

”Okay, bye sweetie.” The redhead said. She ended the call as her eyes drifted off to find Tara.

It was fifteen minutes later when the police officers had finally begun to leave that she found the blonde sitting on a kitchen chair. ”Hi Willow.” Tara shyly said looking up from her cup of coffeé.

”Hi. How are you doing?” The redhead asked, smiling at Tara.

”I don’t know. C-confused I guess.” She answered, looking straight in to gorgeus green eyes.

”I get that.” Willow slid her arms around Tara, wanting to comfort her in every possible way.

”Why do you like me?” Tara blurted out. She hadn’t planned on asking it, but she did.

Willow took a seat next to Tara and grabbed her hands. ”Tara, I’ve known you for like a month, and we got together kind of quick, and I know this is gonna sound like some cheesy thing that teens write to each other on facebook, but it’s true.” The redhead begun her infamous but lovable babble.

”It just took a second for me to se that you were especial, and a minute to see that you were the kindest and most amazing person in the world. And you ask me why I like you. Here’s why.” Willow smiled at her girlfriend. ”You. Are. Amazing.” She finished between kisses.

A warm tear rolled down Tara’s cheek. Cheesy or not, Willow liked her. She could see it in her eyes. She closed her eyes for a second before saying. ”Thank you Willow. For everything. And amazing doesn’t even describe what i think you are.”

Willow smiled at Tara, ”It means a lot coming from you, ooh, and you didn’t even stutter once ” She said, before realising Tara might be offended. Lyckily, she wasnt.

Tara just smiled and brushed her thumb over Willow’s. ”My heart doesn’t stutter.”

The redhead leaned in and brushed her lips against Tara’s. They parted after a few seconds with a reasonably loud ‘pop’.

They both jumped when they heard someone saying. ”Finally, the smooch fest ends.”

”Shit! Faith, you scared the crap outta me!” Willow said, obviously startled and suprised to find the singer standing in Tara’s kitchen.

”Chill, Red. I heard from B about T, so I came up to check on her.”

”I’m okay Faith, r-really.” Tara said.

”You’re kidding me, right? If my folks’d be here, well, I’d run for my life, cause they’re both dead, but if they weren’t, I’d be pretty shaken up.”

”I’m dealing with it.” Tara lied. She knew she’d have to talk about it eventually, but not now.

Willow smiled, but then saw what time it was. ”Tara, I’m really, really sorry, but I have to go. Jessie is waiting for me at Kates.”

”It’s okay.” Tara smiled kindly.

The redhead reached in for a loving hug. ”I’ll see you tomorrow?”

”Okay.” Smiled Tara. Faith groaned quietly at their lovey-dovey stuff.

”Bye.”

”Bye” Willow said, walking out of the kitchen. She couldn’t wait for her daughters birthday tomorrow.

TBC

Soooo, watcha think? Is this fix worth continuing? :flower

Post subject: Re: Fic: City Of Angels (10/3/11)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:12 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
DIBS!!!

Hey, :bigwave

Just got back from a seven day work week and the flu!!! AND found your story!

Chapter before this one, :grin liked the cake baking and clothing discussion with Kate and Nathie - fun!

Also, Willow the Clueless Cook was funny! :laugh

The finger was totally gross/scary/creepy but discovering the horrible stuff Donny did to Tara as a child was even worse! :gnome What you wrote was scary, it worked. Donny is beyond creepy and horrible, he's utterly sick and vile!!! :fit :angry And deserves :whip <=that and worse! The idea of Tara curled up and terrified like that was upsetting.

Liked the bit of bickering between Wesley and Willow. You have given him a lot of description and attention, so I'm guessing we'll see more of him.

Take care, glad you're back! Keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

Note: This is kind of sad... I GOT A FRICKIN C IN ENGLISH.. Am I really that bad? ._.’

here comes the fic...

A pancakey morning

She was still, it was going to happen really soon. Her Mama would come bursting through her door any second and that was when she was allowed to come out of her room.

Soon, the second came. One loud knock on her door, two, three, and then her mama opened the door.

”Jessie? Happy birthday.” She sweetly said, sitting next to her daughters bed. ”Wanna have a delicious birthday breakfast? I made pankaces!”

Jessica shot up at that, the tiny tiredness that was left, completely gone. ”I want pancaces.” She said, grinning excitedly while jumping out of her bed, heading for the kitchen with her Mama.

Jessica grinned as she saw the table with presents and rushed to a really big one. ”Can I open it? Pleaaase?” She asked, putting on her best pouty-face.

”Okay.” Willow said, smiling. ”But just this one, then we eat, and then you get to open the rest, okay?”

”Okay.” The girl said, carefully unwrapping the paper surrounding the present.

”I think I know what it is!” She mumbled. ”It’s, it’s.. it’s a box..” She said, a little disappointed.

”Sweetie, you have to open it.” Willow grinned sheepishly at her daughter.

Jessie blushed and quietly opened the box. When she saw what was in it, she gasped. ”Is it?” Willow nodded. ”And it’s mine?”

”All yours.” She grinned.

”Yay! A real keyboard! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Squealed the girl, rushing to her mother to hug her.

”You’re welcome. Let me take a picture of you.” She smiled, holding up the camera, watching Jessie grin. ”Done. Okay, let’s eat, my belly really needs yummy delicious pancakes right now.” Willow babbled, and Jessie giggled at her.

”Mama, you’re silly. Your belly isn’t a person.” She giggled, while stuffing her mouth with a huge bite. She chewed it for a long time, and then finished with milk.

Willow laughed, grinning sheepishly at Jessie’s new milk moustache. ”Does Mr. Rosenberg want more pancakes?”

Jessie frowned, so the redhead took a small mirror and gave it to Jessie. She frowned for a few seconds before realising what it was. ”Oh, now I get it. I have a milky moustache, and that’s a guy thing. Hence the ’Mr’ thing. Right, mama?” The now 9 year old girl asked.

Willow nodded and took another pancake, and gave one to Jessie aswell. After breakfast and when all the dishes were done, Jessie opened the rest of her mothers presents.

She smiled all the time as she saw all the things she got. The things she got were; a new diary, a pair of blue paliette converse shoes, dark denim jeans, two movie tickets, a pink plectrum for her guitar, sparkling pencils, books, the newest shrek movie and little petshop figures.

Happy was an understatement. Jessie was completely in awe because of all her presents.

”Mama?” She asked, after all the present and candy paper had been swiped up and thrown away.

”Yeah, Jess?”

”Can I use my keyboard?” Jessie continued softly..

”Of course sweetie.” She answered.

There was a moment of silence. ”I thought you were going to play.” Willow asked.

”I don’t know how to plug in the keyboard or whatever you do. I’m just a kid you know.” Jessie said, didn’t her mother know that? ”I’m a big girl. But I’m still just a kid.”

Willow chuckled. ”Of course I’ll help you sweetie. Give me the mannuals and we’ll get started.” She said, following her daughter in to her room.

Only a few minutes later, Willow was already having a problem.

”What is it mama?” The young redhead asked.

”Well, I’ll know how to put all these thousands of cables together, as soon as I learn how to speak German..” Willow sighed. There should have been a translation to English, even though the keyboard was ordered from some super company in Germany.

Jessie frowned and grabbed the piece of paper from her mother. ”What does ‘Steck den roten Kabel in den silberner adapter rein, and blah blah blah.’ mean anyway?” Willow mumbled as she watched Jessie run away, still holding the manual.

Five minutes later she came back, saying ”It either means ’Put the red cable in the silver adapter, and plug the other end into the keyboard’ or that we have to clean the keyboard with a cat. I’m guessing it’s the first, right?”

”Yeah, makes sense.” Willow mumbled, doing what Jessie said, before once again looking at the manual, and turning the page.

Her face got a small dumbstruck look as she saw what was on the next page. ”Oh look, there’s a picture of what you’re supposed to do, and there is a translation to English. Now I feel kind of stupid.”

”Oh, um..” Jessie giggled. ”You didn’t look at the next page?” She asked, before getting a glare from her mother. ”Okay, so you’re done now?” She asked after a long quiet moment of shame from her mother.

”Yes, just let me put that thing into that thing and those other things into that aaaand, now it’s done.” Willow said, groaningly lifting the heavy Keyboard to it’s stand and pressing the ’on’ button.

”Okay Jess, now you can play as much as you want.” She said with a smile, and a bit of a back ache.

The little redhead grinned happily and pressed the ivories, getting to know her new, and seemingly awesome keyboard. She begun playing a sweet song she’d been taught a while ago, it was a really pretty song Jessie thought.

”That’s beautiful, Jessica. I think I’ve heard it before. Which song is it?” Willow smiled at her daughter.

Jessie’s every being was music, music and more music. Sometimes she wondered where Jessie got her musical talent from, it was certainly not from Willow ”the tone deaf that couldn’t hit a right note even if it stood in front of her” Rosenberg. Maybe Jesse was a closet prodigy or something.

”It’s ‘What are words”Jessie answered. ”Jenny Calendar taught me how to play it, and she said that I did it really, really well.” She went on, still keeping her focus on the keyboard.

”Do you want me to sing it?” She asked, looking up at her mother.

Willow grinned like crazy, nodding at her daughter. Jessie saw the not so subtle nod, and begun singing aswell.

”Anywhere you are, I am near?Anywhere you go, I'll be there?Anytime you whisper my name, you'll see?How every single promise I keep?Cuz what kind of guy would I be?If I was to leave when you need me most??What are words?If you really don't mean them?When you say them?What are words?If they're only for good times?Then they don't?When it's love?Yeah, you say them out loud?Those words, They never go away?They live on, even when we're gone??And I know an angel was sent just for me?And I know I'm meant to be where I am?And I'm gonna be?Standing right beside her tonight??And I'm gonna be by your side?I would never leave when she needs me most??What are words?If you really don't mean them?When you say them?What are words?If they're only for good times?Then they don't?When it's love?Yeah, you say them out loud?Those words, They never go away?They live on, even when we're gone??Anywhere you are, I am near?Anywhere you go, I'll be there?And I'm gonna be here forever more?Every single promise I keep?Cuz what kind of guy would I be?If I was to leave when you need me most??I'm forever keeping my angel close”

Jessie finished the song with a bright smile lightening up every inch of her face. ”Was I good?”

”Sweetie, you’re amazing.” Willow grinned.

The little redhead blushed and quietly said ”Thank you mama.”

”You’re very welcome.” Her mother answered.

After thinking for a few seconds, Jessie asked: ”Mama, is it true that if you eat mentos and drink coke at the same time, you’ll explode?” This had bothered the little girl for a long time. Was it true, or was it not.

Willow was a little put off by her daughters rather ”quirky” question. ”Well, um.. I don’t think it’s true. I think.” The redhead answered.

”Oh okay. Spencer told me that it was true. But I sooo knew it wasn’t mama, cause it isn’t. Right?” Jessie asked her mother, grinning like crazy.

”I honestly don’t know sweetie.” Willow quickly responded, before seeing Jessies small hello kitty alarm-clock showing that it was already 11 o’clock and standing up to say. ”Jessie, you have to get ready, Buffy, Xander and all the others will come to celebrate you today.

”Nathalia too?” Jessie asked, running over to her pile of all the new clothes she’d got to pick something out.

”Yes, and before you ask, yes she’s invited to your school party aswell.”

”Great. What do you think about these clothes, mama?” Jessie wondered, holding up a black puffy glitter skirt, silver leggings and a black/white leopard colored shirt.

”I think they would look stunning on little, er, sorry, big miss Jessica.”

Jessie giggled before carefully putting all of her clothes on her bed. ”I’ll put them on later.” She said, still smiling. ”Please, can I watch the new shrek movie now?”

”Of course, Jessiebell. You can watch it while I do the dishes, okay?”

”Okay mama.” She grinned.

Last edited by ContriQ aka Paow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

dibs

The chapter with the investigation was good I liked the interaction between Willow and Wesley- wonder if Wesley was ever a rogue criminal hunter

Also the evilness of the Maclay men was clear

then the latest chapter I loved the mother daughter birthday bonding it was great especially struggling with the translations

I think it would be great if when they're looking for the Maclay's Jessie says something which sparks willow into solving the case.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fic: The City Of Angels (9/11/11)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:18 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Paow,

Good to get an update from you! :bounce :dumbo :bounce

Wow, mega with the cuteness, there! All those presents - and the whole keyboard put together thing. :lmao I have SO been there with struggling on assembly stuff!

Very sweet to see "Big Girl Jesse" and her mom.

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

Post subject: Re: Fic: The City Of Angels (9/11/11)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:28 pm 
5. Willowhand

I just started reading this, it's very sweet. Jessie's presents and the keyboard fiasco was precious.

Willow and Tara are great together (duh! lol) and I hope that her dad is caught soon, man do I hate that man...gives me the willies.

~AS~

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

Post subject: Re: Fic: The City Of Angels (9/11/11) [GRAMMAR IMPROVED :D]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

YAY! I'm back from my ever lasting writers block!

Note: I humbly ask thee, members of the kittenboard, to forgive me for my rather.. non posting for the last.. thousand years.. I have suffered from a serious writer’s block, but now I’m back, and if someone still reads this, I will finish this fic. I have the story(roughly) all planned out, but I just have to come up with the filler. Also, I need a beta reader. I got no clue on how that works so.. PM me, M’kay?

____________ Chapter (lol)

After breakfast and a lot of keyboard playing Jessie started to eagerly wait infront of the door, waiting for the first guests to arrive.

She grinned at the thought of seeing Nathalia, Kate, Xander, Buffy, Faith, Dana, her husband whose name her mind refused to remember, and the woman who Jessie was sure would spend a lot of time with them, Tara.

Tara herself was completely stressed out. She was buying a last minute present for Jessie,
and it was safe to say that she was finding nothing.

”Can I help you, miss?” Asked one of the shop-assistants, a really young one who had been watching the girl walk around the store the past ten minutes.

”Uhm, y-yeah. I’m looking for something to give a nine year old girl. It’s her birthday.”

”Okay.” The dark haired boy smiled. ”What kind of things does she like?” He asked, looking through a catalogue

”Well, she p-play’s the piano and sings.” Tara said, hoping this store would have something. This was the last store with things she could afford.

”If she’s a little musician, I can guarantee this will be something she’ll love.” The young shop assistant informed Tara as he took her to a shelf with the sign ‘Music - Art supplies

The blonde’s face shone up as she followed him, but much to her disappointment, what he showed her was a toy microphone that would probably insult and confuse the girl rather than entertain her.

”Uhm..” Tara sighed.”I d-don’t t-think this is the right gift for h-her.” She, cursing her stutter. ”She is rather.. serious when it comes to music, so I think I’ll get her s-something else.” Explained the blonde, hoping she didn’t offend the boy.

”Oh. I’m sorry. We don’t have any other music objects in store yet.” He frowned, but then went to a different shelf. ”What would she think about jewellry then?”

”You know, I think she’d like that.” Nodded Tara, gazing at all the shelves.

”This is a ‘Make your own jewellry’ set that we got just a few days ago, and it comes with two rings and different diamonds that you can easily attatch to it, and there’s also a few necklaces and some other things.” The shop-assistant explained. ”All though, the glue is pretty fast drying, so make sure she doesn’t use it by herself.” He added, and smiled brightly. ”So, do you want it?”

”I’ll take it.” Tara smiled and headed for the checkout. Quickly glancing at her watch to see how much longer it was until Jessie’s party, she let out a small gasp. Only half an hour left until Jessie’s party. She smiled kindly as she waited patiently for the customers before her to finish and as her turn came, she took her wallet out of her purse.
”Okay, 13 dollars, please.” The dark haired cashier smiled, letting out a small, but not so subtle chuckle at the sight of the blonde’s Winnie the Pooh wallet.

Tara grinningly exited the shop with Jessie’s gift, after getting it gift-wrapped aswell. Smiling at a few pre-school children walking past her, she began walking the few blocks to Willow and Jessie’s appartement. While she walked, she began to think about her and Willow.
Almost two months ago she didn’t even know the redhead, but now she was having a hard time imagining a life without her. Tara knew she had to ask Willow again about the girlfriend thing, if she really meant it.

But then her mind was covered with dark depressing clouds as she thought about.. the other stuff.

She knew things were going down, deep down to hell. Her father, maybe even her brother too, was in LA looking for her and he would stop at nothing to get her back into the hell she barely escaped alive from. He had all ready killed someone, the blonde knew he killed that girl, Melissa.

The sick and yucky feeling in the pit of Tara’s stomach was getting worse every day now. Usually she would just ignore it, just like she had done so many times before, but now she just couldn’t. The blonde clutched her fists and shuddered as every muscle in her body tensed at the thought of that her father or brother might - and probably would - do something to hurt Jessie or Willow. Glancing up, she realised that she was standing infront of the door to the appartement building Willow lived in.

She straightened her shirt as she opened the door and took the stairs up to the third floor.

She knocked at one of the doors, and grinned as she saw Jessie, wearing an adorable black puffy skirt and a tiger striped tank top. ”Hi birthday girl.” She smiled, giving the present to Jessie. ”You look beautiful.”

”Thank you.” The girl smiled. ”Come on in.” She added and stepped aside. ”Mama! Tara is here!” Jessie shouted though the kitchen.

Willow came running from the kitchen, holding a plate of cookies and smiled broadly. ”Hi Tara, I’m glad you could come.”

Tara smiled as Willow said that, and Jessie looked at Tara and then back to her mother. Oh yes, there was some love going on there.

”Mama, can I show Tara my presents?”

”Sure, Jessiebell. But when rest of our guests arrive you come to the livingroom, okay?”

”‘kay, Mama.” Jessica smiled and grabbed Tara’s hand. ”Come on.” The redhead dragged Tara to her room. Jessie did not really want to play piano right now, she wanted to talk to Tara. But when she remembered that she had learned a new song, she just

”This is my new keyboard! Look! And I can play a lot of songs, and it has really funny effects and it can record things too!” The child babbled.

Tara smiled and looked at the keyboard. ”Why don’t you p-play something.”

”Okay.” Jessie grabbed a seat and pressed the ’on’ button. She furrowed her brows and poked out her tounge as she tried to think of a song to play.

The blonde grinned at the child as a familiar melody started to play. Tara stifled a giggle. ”That’s the song from Mario, right?”

”Yeah! I played Wii at Spencer’s a week ago, and it just stuck in my head ever since. I played it right, right?” The girl asked, worriedly.

”Well, I’m not an expert, b-but it sounded pretty right.”

”Oh goodie.” Jessica smiled as she heard her mother shout: ”Jessie, there’s someone here for you.”

Jessie giggled. ”Yay!” She said as she ran to the door.

Tara grinned too as she approached Willow. ”Hey you.” She smiled

”Hi Tare. Uh..” Willow trailed off, blushing.

”W-what is it?” Tara asked, afraid she’d done something wrong.

”You. You look absolutely stunning.” Willow gasped as Tara looked down. The blonde looked at her clothes, ducking her head. ”It’s just a pair of jeans and a worn out shirt, n-nothing special.”

”Nuh-uh missy, don’t you go all shy on me. You’re gorgeous, okay?”

Tara blushed as she heard someone talk. ”Okay, Will. Enough with the sweet talk.”

Tara gasped at the sight of a brunette, with the exact same features as Willow. They looked almost identical, apart from the other girl’s hair and voice.

”Oh, come on sis. You forgot to tell her all ‘bout little ole’ me, didn’t you? I’m offended.” Dana fauxly gasped as a tall man with british accent stepped in. ”Hi, I’m Michael, and this is my silly wife, Dana. She’s obviously Willow’s sister and.. okay, I’m shutting up now.” He babbled to Tara.

”Michael, I see you have inherited mine and Dana’s babble. Welcome to the family of babbling idiots. Okay, so first off.” Willow turned to Tara aswell. ”Really sorry for not mentioning the huge fact that I have a twin sister. I honestly thought I’d told you.”

”You did, I think.” Tara smiled. ”I just f-forgot.” The blonde smiled as Dana shook her hand. ”I’m Dana, Willow’s older sister.” The brunette grinned as they walked to the livingroom instead.

Willow fauxly coughed ”I’m the oldest” and finished with a cough.

Michael rolled his eyes at the sibling banter.”Tara, is it?” He asked with a soft british accent.

”Yes.” The blonde responded, hoping she would make the afternoon with as little stutter as possible. Michael indicated for them to go to the livingroom, so they made their way towards it as Michael frowned.

”Great. Now where did the little squirt go, I swear she’s here one minute and the next-” He groaned, but was interrupted by something rather.. loud.

”Booh!” A child yelled from behind the couch, which was placed in the far end of the livingroom, startling both Tara and Michael.

”Dear lord, Jessica! Do you want to see me dead?” He sighed embarrasedly and sat down the couch.

”Sorry Uncle Mika.” The girl blushed.

”’s okay, dollie.” He smiled. ”This is your present, go put it at the table, okay?” He asked.

Willow came in the room with a broad smile, ”Jess, Kate and Nathalia are here now.”

Jessica squealed and ran to the door. ”HI NATHA!” Everyone heard her yell.

Sixty minutes later Xander, Buffy, Faith, Kate, Nathalia, Willow, Jessie, Tara, Michael and Dana all sat in the living room chatting with one and another. The gift sharing had come as soon the cake had been eaten and Jessie had opened all presents within ten minutes. Grinning, she unwrapped the last present. Her eyes widened a little as she saw its content. "Oh my gosh, it's one of those jewellry kits, Spencer has like five of those!"

"So you like it?" Tara asked, overcome by the young girls excitement. "Like? I love! I'm going to use it right now, and make you thank you jewelry!" The child babbled as she looked at all the pearls.

"Someone should help you, the glue is pretty fast drying."

"A necklace doesn't need glue, right?" Jessie asked with a smile.

"Nah. Unless you're making a macaroni crap necklace, cause then you might." Faith added.

"I maded a macaroni necklace for my mommy in pre-school. Was that crap?" Nathalia asked sadly.

"Oh no sweetie, I just meant that sometimes macaroni breaks.. and then you need glue to fix it." Faith said, trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Oh, okay." The young girl smiled and went back to hugging her mother. Buffy shot Faith a "nice save." look as she helped Jessie put the pearls on the thread.

Tara grinned, but was soon forced out of the living room, since Jessie wanted the necklace's appearance to be a surprise. So, both Willow and Tara were in the kitchen.

Tara knew she had to say something to break the silence. "So.."

"So.."

"We need to talk." They said, simultaneously.

TBC..

So, what are the girls gonna talk about? :o

Post subject: Re: Fic: The City Of Angels (3/26/12)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:49 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Dibs.

Yay your back. I do love this story enough to offer to help edit it if you like. I haven't done the beta thing before so I'm not sure what they do there but I'm a masters student who spends her time writing and editing papers. So if you want someone to read over and fix grammatical errors and occasionally bounce ideas with, I'm more than willing to help.

As for this story, I love the beginning of the birthday party. Finding presents for a child is difficult in general, someone musically talented can be even harder. I'm glad Tara found something that would work. It is hard to go wrong with jewelry. I can't wait for their talk. Keep up the good work.

Alicia