The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (30/11/11)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Hmm. So, Tara gets it.

I wonder, though, what she thinks of what Willow thinks. I mean, it's been all this time, and Willow's never said anything that even made Tara think about this before. I mean, that would be terrifying.

Interested to see where this goes!

Kate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Vazy

LOVING this story! :applause :applause :applause

I love HP so much that I was afraid to read your story (yep, there is dumbness in that statement), seriously I was afraid that the characters wouldn't be right or that I'd hate it. Instead you've created a beautiful cross-over that's well thought out and fascinating.

So I was TOTALLY WRONG!!! :whip <=See me punishing myself! Oops, getting weird now!

So the bottom line is that you have totally pulled me in and you MUST update more often!

Pleeeeeeease! :pray :pray :pray

Thanks

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:33 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Butter and jam are the the only acceptable toppings to a crumpet

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:53 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ahhh. So the clue quaffle smacks Tara in the back of the head. Nice. How lovely that she is having those thoughts. Also that they are such good friends with the Weasleys. I'm trying to figure out the timing. Ron is older than Harry but in his year we know and Harry's birthday is July 31. What month is it now? Is Lily pregnant and Willow/Tara don't know yet? She must be pregnant soon meaning that it's less than 2 years until ... well until Harry comes to live with Willow and Tara.

Ooo.

Also, my son has been scared to read HP but apparently he decided that when he is 8 he will be able to read it. Today he asked if we will start on his birthday (1/17) (as if we're holding it up). I'm so excited to read it with both kids!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 am 
5. Willowhand

I am thoroughly enjoying this story. I'm anxious to see how everything works out with Tara and Willow along with the upcoming battles with Death Eaters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Due to sucking, hardcore style, there is no update. I mean, I got caught up in my exams and then after that writing has just been hard and I've hated anything that I've had so far. I offer as consolation for my suckage 10 little un-beta-ed drabbles set at several different points in Willow and Tara's lives and relationship.Hope these tide you over while I attempt another try on the story, get it sent over to T-wrex for beta-y goodness and give you all some feedback. So here they are;

1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.
2. Turn your music player on and turn it on random/shuffle.
3. Write a drabble/ficlet related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over. No lingering afterwards!
4. Do ten of these, then post them.

-1-
Which to bury, us or the hatchet – Relient K

Willow glared at the back of the boy’s head. If her eyes were drills that boys brains would be all over the floor. Stupid, stuck-up pureblood. Her eyes briefly cut to the left to take in the profile of her best friend. Tara was scribbling the notes that the professor was scribbling on the blackboard. Switching her green eyes back to the figure to rows ahead she continued her staring contest with the back of his head.

“Willow, it was 2 marks. Two.” Tara muttered to the furious redhead. Willow opened her mouth to complain to the blonde, but was cut off “No. Willow two marks and you were ill for the actual lesson. And it was a single scroll of homework.” Willow looked horrified at Tara’s attitude.

-2-
I so hate consequences – Relient K

Xander grinned sheepishly at the pair of witches, his red tie lopsided and hair badly ruffled. The red hand mark still visible on his cheek. Willow was pointedly looking away from him as she polished the front of a trophy. Tara returned his smile with a faint one of her own. It wasn’t really the Gryffindor’s fault they’d been caught out of bed after hours. It’d been her that had tripped over Mrs Norris and Willow that had gotten stuck in the trick step, Willow slapping the boy across the face had been uncalled for. He’d been trying to get her out of the step not strip her. Sighing she returned to her meticulous cleaning of the Head Boy and Girl trophy with a toothbrush.

-3-
Breaking the habit – Linkin Park

Tara leant her head on the bed beside Willow’s hand. The girl was still out cold after the magic explosion that she’d caused. Tara had been terrified when she’d heard but now at the redhead’s bedside she felt better looking at the slumbering girl. Xander had brought Willow’s tiny sister by earlier along with the girl’s dark haired best friend. The pile of chocolate frogs stood testimant to the visit.

“Did a hippogriff hit me?” Willow groaned, cautiously opening a green eye.

-4-
How Strong Do you think I am – Alexz Johnson

Miss Kitty was hidden under a pile of textbooks. A mixture of Medicinal and Auror. Both of the kitten’s owner had exams coming up and neither were particularly bothered with the cleanliness of the shared flat in the meantime. Sneezing at one of the books the kitten decided to make herself comfy on the only open text book nearby.

Willow clutched her mug of coffee tightly as she re-entered the living room. Eyes zeroing in on the kitten she pinched her nose. She really couldn’t take much of this.

-5-
You’re all I have – Snow Patrol

Lily watched as James’ spun an apple on his finger. Like a basketball, she thought to herself. Her eyes took in his ruffled hair and loose red tie. Rubbing her hand over her eyes she scurried over to the Ravenclaw table, no way was she eating with her own house today with the bighead showing off.

Plonking herself onto the empty space beside Tara she grumbled under her breath.

“James a-again, Lily?” The blonde asked sympathetically before taking a bite of toast.

“She likes him.” Willow muttered into her porridge.

“I do not!” Lily huffed before deciding breakfast was not for her today and left as swiftly as she came.

“Its so clear you do.” Willow spoke more the the porridge than anyone else.

-6-
The Sound of You and Me – Yellowcard

The Ravenclaw common room was silent. Or at least it seemed that way. Outside the normally spectacular view was marred by the blackness of the night. Tara’s eyes were heavy as she dragged her quill across the parchment. This noise mixed in with the comforting sounds of the crackling fire and the soft mutterings of the redhead opposite. Willow had fallen asleep in her Transfiguration book, not that Tara could blame her, their sixth year work was dreadful.

Tara smiled softly, this was a moment that’d she’d always remember. Or if not the moment how she felt, it was so peaceful with her best friend in the dark, quiet room. She hoped this would be how she’d spend the rest of her life. Setting down her quill she moved to wake the redhead to go to bed.

-7-
Be the Young - Yellowcard

Willow squinted at the picture shoved under her nose. The faces were surprisingly normal, considering the tremendous things they’d acheived. Willow sniffed as she tried to hold back her tears. Everyone looked so young, unscarred, happy. Running a thumb over several faces looking up at her, she couldn’t hold back the tears anymore.

-8-
How I go- Yellowcard

Tara couldn’t stop her jaw dropping at the sight before her. Stone henge. The stones were so much larger that she’d imagined them. Clinging to her mother’s hand her eyes remained young. Tina Maclay smiled down at her awestruck child. This was nice she decided, time with her baby girl. Donnie was at home with her husband, she hoped he was having a similarly nice time. Donald was a great father, but was at the moment obbsessed with getting the 6 year-old to perform any sort of magic, and was becoming more violent at the lack of anything. Soon she hoped, poor little Donnie.

“Mama.” Tara squealed happily.

-9-
Can’t help falling in Love – Ingrid Michaelson

Blonde hair swirled around shoulders as the wand was swished and blue eyes sparkled. Willow’s tummy squirmed at the captivating sight, her breath leaving her chest as Tara laughed at the little lights that now danced in the dark of the empty classroom.

-10-
Sugar we’re going down – Fallout Boy

Lips crashed against each other as Tara grabbed another handful of robes to drag the other girl closer. Their breath came in short, sharp huffs. Tongues duelled as both tried to get their fill of the other. Willow groaned into her mouth, driving Tara’s mind a little further away from the chances of any coherent thought. A hand tangled into her hair causing a groan of her own. Oxygen was soon needed, causing them to break apart.

- With You Around, YellowCard

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (Side-drabbles 24/2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs

While at work today I saw James Potter Yorkshire eggs made me smile

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:31 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Ah... what a very fun set of drabbles. Of course I love the last one but 6 is fantastic too. I also love the one with Lily coming to sit with W/T at the Ravelclaw table and their saying that she likes James. Well of course. Thanks for the treat.

BTW: My son has read 1 and finished #2 last night. He's starting on #3 today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This fic = Everything a fan could hope for and more. Love the idea of mixing W/T with the Potterverse. Looking forward to reading more :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:27 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I'm with Erykae!

Looking forward to reading more, enjoying the drabbles buuuuuuuuuut, please more HP & W/T! :pray :pray :pray

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:49 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Readers,
It has been a long, long time, since I got an actual chapter up here for you. I'm really sorry about that, crazy stuff has been hapening in my life.

I've passed my driving test, got back some dreadful results from my January modules, been buried beneath enough work to cause several mental break downs and up to my neck in others problems. I've gotten through university interviews and filled out forms. I've also had my 18th Birthday. I'm in the final stretch of my time at the school I've been going to for the past 7 years. Its kind of scary that I'm leaving lots of things I'm used to, however its pretty exciting that I, fingers crossed on getting my grades, have a place on a Fine Art course.

I only have one Chemistry exam left which means that I'm free from next Tuesday to spend my time doing nothing until September. Lots of writing time. On the next chapter front I've got around 1,500 words but plan on trying to double that before I shoot it over to T-wrex for beta-ing. I also plan on in my free time fleshing out my planning and getting all the details set so hopefully its easier to write. So excited! In the meantime do you all want some drabbles that can get written in revision breaks? Yay or nay?

Thanks for all being so patient with me, I seriously adore you guys! :blush

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:49 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
I'm really enjoying this story and love the characters. The Marauders always struck me as being a more interesting bunch than the Golden Trio and I'm pleased that I've found a fic set in that era. The interactions of Our Lovely Soulmates with the likes of James and Sirius are a joy. Look forward to seeing the next update when the rigours of real life allow.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay, I'm looking forward to the next chapter and I'm definitely pro drabbles in the meantime!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

• Title – I Open at the Close
• Author name – Vazy
• Rating - PG-13
• Disclaimer – I neither own any the Scooby gang or the Harry Potter characters. That pleasure belongs to Joss Whedon and J. K. Rowling
• Feedback- I crave feedback as much as the Twins crave humour.
• Summary- With the wizarding world in dark times as He-who-must-not-be-named causes mass devastation, happiness still manages to bloom. The story of Willow Evans and her family's lives in the middle of a war.
• T-Queen is my general bomb of a beta but I just wanted to post this before you all forget who the hell I am. Point any mistakes out.
• I'm a dreadful, dreadful person. Its been about 8 months and I'm a bitch that refuses to post. Relatively short compared to how I wanted it to be but I just wanted to give you all something. My life has been crazy though so you have to forgive me. I mean, I'm living away from home now and studying Fine Art! For those of you who don't know, art is my primary focus before writing and you may know some of my free time work of the wonderful Laragh's Confidential series, although much of that's just between the pair of us. For more of my work check out here which contains some doodles from this story as well as some of my proper art work. Anyway, without further ado I give you the long awaited chapter 8!

Chapter 8
The setting sun cast strips of orange light across the living room, making everything glow. The quiet that permeated the house was peaceful after an afternoon filled with the excited squeals and laughs of young children. The warm bodies sprawled across the sofa paid little attention to the unseasonal weather.

Willow lay spread out along the length of the sofa with the Weasley children. This week with her absence from the office she’d been looking after the brood to give Molly a break. It made Tara happier to know she wasn’t left alone and it relieved the rest of their friends from the duty of babysitting her. Besides, it’d make good practise for her when Lily finally popped one out, Willow had joked the second day to a withering look from James and a slightly terrified one from her sister.

With Molly out running errands, she and the kids had been left with the run of the house. This had led to some rather brutal games of hide and seeks. Willow had even known how that game could get violent but the little boys had shown her, once Percy had burst into tears after running into a door. The rest of the afternoon had been spent creating a mess in the kitchen with a mix of finger painting and attempting to bake cakes the muggle way. Both of which had been exhausting, in both process and cleaning up..

That was how they’d all ended up slumped over the sofa. At the far end, leaned against the arm Willow’s feet in his lap slept Bill, with Charlie’s cheek resting on her thigh as he drooled in his slumber. A third small head had made its way onto her stomach, with thumb in mouth and glasses askew. To finish it off she had a toddler tucked under each arm. It was these twin brown gazes that watched her expectantly. Willow smiled gently at the pair.

“Will, Will, sparkies!” George squealed happily, Fred nodding excitedly. With a quick hushing gesture Willow retrieved her wand. An expert twirl sent a swirl of rainbow sparks into the air. Twist and swirling into one another the young boys stared in awe at the display of magic.

Fred giggled sleepily as he snuggled into the woman’s side. On her other side George’s eyes widened as he watched the colours dance in the air above them. She felt the weight of Fred’s body settle more heavily as his muscles relaxed and he drifted out of consciousness.

“Just you and me buddy.” Willow whispered to the remaining twin. Big brown eyes met her green ones. A small chubby hand moved up to poke at her cheek, a soft giggle followed as the boy moved to poke a finger into her mouth. In response she snapped her teeth at the approaching finger. Another round of giggles followed this, sleepier this time. Before sticking his thumb into his mouth George yawned. Moving a hand through the short red hair soothingly it wasn’t long before the last Weasley was asleep.

Letting out a deep breath of air, she just lay there enjoying the warmth from the kids and the feeling of safety. It was comforting that there was something that was untouched in all this fighting and death.

Willow’s eyes started to droop in the peace. The soft breaths of the children were lulling and the patter of starting rain weaved in and out of her hearing as it got heavier and then lighter again.

The bang of a door jerked Willow out of the nap she’d ended up taking. Blinking the fuzziness out of her eyes Willow took in her surroundings. It was much the same as when she’d fallen asleep, except the light was gone and the hum of rain was complemented with the muffled voices in drifting in from the kitchen. Shifting around slowly she removed her little limpets from her limbs carefully. Leaning the twins against one another she covered the legs of all the kids the woolly blanket thrown over the back.

She paused at the doorway to double check that the small ones were still asleep. As they’d all slept Charlie had shifted to lay his head on Bill’s shoulder and slung an arm round Percy’s little body. Grinning at the adorable sight Willow turned out padded out the room.

As she got closer to kitchen she was able to pick out the different voices layering together. Two female voices and a male. After another moment she recognised the voice of her roommate. With a small wave she entered the room. Molly, Arthur and Tara all paused in their conversation at the intrusion.

“Willow, dear,” Molly cooed, “Would you like something to eat? There’s some stew.” Without an answer the older woman began to prepare a bowl.

“Will! We were just debating about waking you.” The blonde smiled over the rim of a mug. Willow nodded sleepily before sitting in one of the vacant chairs.

“The boys are still asleep, like all passed out in one big pile.” She muttered, voice still rough with sleep, as she rubbed at her eyes. At that moment Molly shoved a bowl under the young red head’s nose. Willow grabbed a spoon eagerly and began to eat.

“We saw. They didn’t cause any trouble did they?” Arthur queered, eyes crinkling happily. Willow shook her head. Tara studied her roommate carefully, Willow’s eyes flicked up to meet hers. The spoon hung halfway to her mouth as blue eyes drilled into hers. The eye contact lasted several seconds before Molly coughed quietly. Willow’s attention snapped back to the food, as she fought back a blush.

“Uh… Anything interesting happen today while I was munchkin herding?” Willow asked, keep her eyes firmly studying the twisted and twirling grain on the surface of the large oak table, fidgeting nervously with the spoon in her hands.

“Yes dear, something did.” Molly said softly smiling slightly. Willow’s attention snapped up, too adgitated that something had happened while she’d been out of commission to see the peacefulness.

“Oh god! No one’s hurt are they? Is Lily okay? James? Was he being a prat again? Did he and Black get in trouble? I bet they did, did-“ Willow hit full on panic mode within seconds of her ramble. Only a soft finger on her lips cut the endless stream of words short. Her cheeks flushed bright red again as she stared at Tara. Pink dusted the blonde’s cheeks as well but she held it together much more.

“I-it’s nothing bad Will. In fact it’s good.” Tara smiled crookedly, the red head couldn’t fight the matching smile that crossed her face. “Frank woke up this morning.” Willow leapt from her chair, the previously small smile on her face had turned megawatt.

“Frank?! He’s okay! Can I go see him?” Willow yelped, hands gripping the edge of the table. Blonde hair bounced as Tara nodded. Grabbing her wand from her trousers’ back pocket, Willow quickly flicked it. The now empty bowl and spoon flew to the sink and started cleaning themselves. Stopping herself from bouncing with happiness she hurried round the table to fling her arms around Molly hugging her fiercely. Rubbing the young woman’s back the Weasley mother hugged her back. Pulling back Willow patted the growing bump before she dashed over to kiss Arthur on the head.

“He’s okay! Frank’s okay!” She babbled happily, grabbing Tara’s hand and dragging her towards the back door.

Last edited by vazy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (04/10/12)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm 
5. Willowhand

I'm very happy to see you continue this story. The way everything seems to be headed seems very intriguing. Please continue soon, Doll.

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (04/10/12)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Well the clue quaffle has smacked both willow and Tara hasn't? I have will be eager to see what action Tara takes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Well the clue quaffle has smacked both willow and Tara hasn't it? I will be eager to see what action Tara takes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 am 
5. Willowhand

I need more. This is crazy awesome! It's not often that hp buffy x-overs are set pre harry being born. I'm so excited and can't wait for hour next update!!!!!!

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

More More mOre MOREEE! I love this fic, and I need more! So glad its continuing, cant wait

“…Kill me”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

The good news in me not posting anything is that I passed my first term at university. The other good news is that in just over a month, my first year is finished. The best news, its Easter and I'm in a writing mood. Until then have some more ipod drabbles that have been kicking around my hard drive.

1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.
2. Turn your music player on and turn it on random/shuffle.
3. Write a drabble/ficlet related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it’s over. No lingering afterwards!
4. Do ten of these, then post them.

-1-
Youth - Daughter

Willow stared up at the dark sky above her. Black dots danced across her vision as she drew a blazing breath into her aching lungs. This wasn’t a bad way to die she supposed, it could have been worse. Her world could have ended in a flash of sickly green. But instead she could lie here peacefully, the feeling slowly leaking from her body.

“-illow!” The voice rung in her head, its tone striking a note deep within her. She could feel her heart thump harder in her chest.

-2-
Untitled – Simple Plan

“How is this fair!” Willow cried, hand clutching tight to her wand “Just tell me that, we all walk off scot-free and they just don’t exist anymore!”

“Willow, please calm down.” Tara ran her hand through smooth red hair in an attempt to calm her.

“No! Just because they don’t have magic doesn’t mean they can get slaughtered in their beds! They’re not animals!” Tara hummed soothingly, spare arm wrapping round her shoulders.

“You can do something.” Dumbledore murmured softly, “The Order-”

-3-
Stay – Safety Suit

“Willow, why is she ignoring me?” Willow kept her eyes fixed on the book in front of her, trying to ignore the pitiful boy standing over her, “Please, Willow. I don’t understand.” His voice sounded thick, Willow finally broke her staring contest with the book to look at Severus standing over her.

“Oh Sev, its just… Hard for her at the moment, the whole Gryffindor and Slytherin devide, you’ll make up. Promise”

-4-
My Happy Ending – Avril Lavigne

It was cold, or at least she thought it was. She couldn’t really tell at this moment. All her nerve endings were numb to feeling, her insides felt like a lump of ice sitting heavily inside her body. Thinking made her head feel fuzzy. Like looking down as you floated in the sea, the waves distorting the image of the bottom and the water itself creating a film across it all. Through the ripples of her mind she could make out only flashed. Vibrant green eyes. A shock of red. That brilliant smile.

-5-
Where were you? – Every Avenue

“Scatter!” Tara yelped before the approaching snowball collided with the side of her head. Within moments she was lying on the snowy ground alone, eyes stinging from the powdery snow. Taking only a moment to re-orientate herself with the world around she followed her own words.

-6-
Never the same – Red

“Tara, honey there’s nothing we can do… Just, just leave them okay?” Wild blue eyes shot up to glare at her.

“How can you say that? They. Are. Our. Friends.” She hissed, blonde hair falling widely around her face.

“Were. Were are friends. If we stay here we’ll follow them to the grave. Death eaters are still about.” Willow looked at her battered boots, carefully stroking the remains of her snapped wand.

“But…”

“Its like you always tell me, we love them, they’ll never truly leave us. They’d want us to walk away and live. Now.”

-7-
Breakdown – Forever the Sickest Kids

“Leave me alone Severus!” Lily yelled at the boy hovering in the doorway of the quickly emptying classroom.

“I just wanted to… Lily, I-“ With a huff the Gryffindor, scooped her bag of the desk and barged past him. He staggered at the impact, face screwing up with emotion.

“If you won’t go, then let me go. Leave me alone Snape. I am sick of seeing your greasy face.” She left the boy standing there.

-8-
Champagne - Sugarcult

Willow giggled into her beer, running a finger round the edge of the glass. Beside her Remus hooted with laughter in a manner the witch didn’t think she’d heard before, and admittedly hoped to never hear again.

“Down it, Red!” Sirius chortled beside her, flicking a napkin at her. Sticking out her tongue at the man she drew the beer closer protectively.

“No it tastes icky! Did you do something to it?” A hand clapped her on the back causing her to spill a few drops.

“Would Padfoot do that?” Grinned a rather druken James.

“Yes.”

-9-
Rough Landing, Holly – Yellowcard

“The good news is that the blow to your head has only temporarily damaged your eye sight.” Tara said sitting opposite the young man as she explained what was wrong.

“I’m seeing in black and white how is this good news! “ Sirius yelled, arms flailing wildly.

“Well you hit the ground pretty hard with the broom landing on top of you, just be thankful it’s not worse.” Tara smiled gently, brushing her robes free of non-exsistant lint.”

“I am going to pull James off his damn broom next time.” The man grumbled.

“Surely as a, ah, dog, you're used to this?”

-10-
Take me as I am – FM Static

“What have you done to your hair!” Shrieked Lily as she caught sight of a whisp of hair poking out from under the wool hat.

“I-I didn’t-” Tara stammered, trying to catch the hat as it was whipped of her head by the tiny redhead.

“Blonde, you are blonde!” Lily said in awe of the newly coloured locks, “I mean it looks, um, good?”

“It looks brilliant,” Willow cut in slinging an arm around her shoulders “However, it looked just as good brown. I’ll take you however you come Tare.”

“Professor Flitwick said it might never change back, poor Xander feels so bad.” Tara said glumly, replacing her hat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh, dibs! :whip After over three weeks it is quite a shame, no one commenting before me I mean... Anyway, I loved the drabbles. I would really like the back story behind some, especially of the first where Willow thinks she's dying...did this happen before the start of your main story or are you giving us a glimpse into the future of that? If it's a memory, what happened to her and did Tara save her for I'm sure that was Tara's voice she heard? And whose bodies did they have to leave behind in the other one...did we knew the dead friends?
I don't know if you'll answer my questions but I'm really hoping for another update to your mainstory! Any chance for this? If I say pretty please (imagine me making puppy dog eyes on you)...

Post subject: Re: Buffy/HP X-over: I Open at the Close (24/09/13)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

• Title – I Open at the Close
• Author name – Vazy
• Rating - PG-13
• Disclaimer – I neither own any the Scooby gang or the Harry Potter characters. That pleasure belongs to Joss Whedon and J. K. Rowling
• Feedback- I crave feedback as much as the Twins crave humour.
• Summary- With the wizarding world in dark times as He-who-must-not-be-named causes mass devastation, happiness still manages to bloom. The story of Willow Evans and her family's lives in the middle of a war.
• My beloved Trouble, beta'd this for as per usual. So around of snuggles for her.
• It's been nearly a year since this was updated. And to celebrate the start of my second university year today, have the next installment.

Chapter 9

Willow tugged impatiently on Tara’s hand, bouncing on the balls of her feet; her eyes were darting between the other witch, and down the hallway into the bowels of the hospital. Finally deciding to settle her gaze down the hallway; towards where their friend lay. Making a low noise in the back of her throat, she gave a harder pull on the hand she had kept possession of.

In response Tara removed her hand from the tightening grip, but kept her main focus on the chart, scanning for what room Frank was in. For a moment Willow’s hand hovered, threatening to take the lost appendage back, but in the end she let her own fall limply to her side. The redhead was practically vibrating with the need to be gone from the front desk and doing something.

“Tara…” She whined, hands moving to fiddle with a loose thread on her sleeve. Tara hummed in acknowledgement. Willow frowned at the lack of a better response, foregoing asking again she decided to poke Tara’s arm to get her attention instead.

Tara withheld a sigh, debating whether or not she should answer her impatient flatmate. With a roll of her eyes she decided that it was better to pay Willow the attention she was seeking, rather than continue ignoring her and continue to be pestered.

“Yes Willow?” She asked not looking up, tracking her finger as it moved down the list of ‘K’ patients into the ‘L’s.

“Tara, you said we could see him right away, what’s taking so long? Is he okay?” The panic in Willow’s voice rose, and Tara guessed she was about to work herself into a full on babble of questions. Tara could forgive her for the silly questions; Willow was stressed about her part in Frank’s injury, and was still fairly rattled from her own injuries. Tara’s finger finally came to rest on
‘Longbottom, Frank’.

“Because, Will, we have no idea where he is and I wanted to check his report first,” Tara looked up and smiled warmly “And I’ve got him. Floor 4, Wing 2; room 309B.” Tara added quickly before Willow ended up tearing off in the wrong direction. Willow beamed, bouncing one final time, and set off for the lift. With a roll of her eyes, Tara followed.

“I kind of guessed he’d be up there anyway.” Willow muttered to her as the doors pinged merrily and slid open. Tara frowned, looking over at the younger witch. Willow laughed at the look of confusion painted across her face, “Tare, I spend far too much time here. Between you and when I trip over my own feet onto our bad guys.” Tara chuckled too, remembering when Willow had first become an Auror and ended up tripping into the wizard the team had been trying to catch, sending both of them head over heels onto the mossy floor of the woods they’d been chasing him through,

“Not to mention I wasn’t that out of it last time I was here.” Tara raised her eyebrows mockingly; in return Willow stuck her tongue out.

Over the top of their teasing the lift scraped to a halt, a friendly voice announcing their arrival at ‘Third Floor - Potions and Plant Poisoning: Exit for rashes, regurgitation, uncontrollable giggling, and more.’ Willow’s glanced at the ceiling before chuckling to herself, Tara nudged the other witch with an elbow.

“Hush, people will think you need help for uncontrollable giggling. What joke am I m-missing?” Tara teased. Willow grinned, reflexively rubbing her arm from the elbow nudge, before gesturing to the ceiling.

“I always laugh when she talks, they use the same woman at the ministry, and it must be such a strange job.” Willow explained, her nose scrunching up adorably distracting Tara from a reply.

Before she could snap out of her daydream, she was tugged unceremoniously from the lift, the pleasant voice of the witch announcing the new floor following them down the hallway.

Tara stumbled slightly after Willow unable to find her balance and keep pace at the same time, the other woman was oblivious to her troubles as she swanned down the hall. It was only when she reached an intersection that she paused, unsure of the next direction.

Finally allowed to get her footing, Tara straightened her shirt and took the final step needed to draw level with her flatmate.

“What room-?” Willow started to ask before Tara’s hand appeared in front of her face, directing their journey left. Willow shot a smile at the blonde before setting off at a slower pace than before, allowing Tara to point them in the right direction.

The sound of a tinkling laugh melding with a deep bass one floated down the corridor and Willow tensed, swirling to fix Tara with a pleading gaze. Laughing herself Tara nodded, Willow beamed before tearing off down the corridor towards the only open door on the passage. Boots squeaking on the polished floor Willow darted into the room, Tara seeing only a flash of red and the snapping of tanned coat tails.

Willow skidded to an abrupt halt as two pairs of eyes swivelled round to her, both soft and welcoming.

“Willow! You made it.” Frank beamed from his place propped up on pillows, to his right his wife Alice smiled just as welcomingly. Willow sighed in relief at the sight of an alert Frank.

“Like I was going to miss out on seeing my favourite married couple, but don’t tell Lil I said that,” Willow chirped before her eyes darted down “Can I...?” She asked hand waving towards the bed. Frank laughed again at the young woman’s hesitance, squeezing Alice’s hand that he had a hold of, he nodded. Bouncing to perch on the end of the bed, Willow opened her mouth to ask a question but was cut off by a light rapping on the door and Tara’s head popping round. Alice stood up quickly, eyes worried.

“Healer Maclay, is everything…?” She asked her free hand moving to pluck at the cheap blanket spread across Frank’s bed. Tara waved down the question.
“E-everything’s fine Ally, just being polite, I’m off duty anyway.” Tara smiled moving into the starkly light room. Alice relaxed slumping back into her seat, grinning softly at the blonde.

“Sorry Tara, I panicked. Still a little jumpy, but it comes with the territory I guess.” The older woman chuckled weakly, Frank stroked her arm comfortingly. Willow in return looked torn between amusement and sorrow, Tara raised a questioning eyebrow at the peculiar look on the other woman’s face.

“I’ll never get used to the ‘Healer Maclay’, let alone our friends calling you that.” Willow offered answer for the less explainable feeling.

“And to think, all those times I’ve helped patch you up. Lucky I am qualified.” Tara shook her head in mock-disapproval and moved to stand at the foot of the bed, sneaking a glance at the chart present. The notes there would give more information than the brief summary on the reception paperwork had. Everything written there seemed to look fine, vitals, brain activity and no lasting spell damage had occurred, signaling that Frank would be released with a day or so. It was a relief that things were taking a turn back to the chaotic normal the order members seemed to have found of late.

Smiling, she then turned her attention to the story Alice was telling about the auror offices without the pair present, only catching the end that seemed to describe how Moody’s eye had been spinning so much it nearly popped out. Willow then launched into her theory on the top speed that the older auror’s eye could reach and how it didn’t give him a headache.

The sound of the married couple’s laughter melting into one another’s was calming, it was clear that the pair were perfect for each other. Frank’s goofiness and old fashioned gentlemanly ways fit well with Alice’s timidness and surprisingly enough, when one knew the small witch, dry sense of humour. From the moment Tara had met them at her first order meeting she’d understood it. Imagining one without the other was like salt without pepper.

The idea that love still managed to blossom despite the pure chaos the wizarding world had been thrown into with the Dark lord’s power trip made Tara happy. It was proven through the Longbottom’s as well as the Weasley’s and their gaggle of small redheads that happiness and love existed in the world still.

The war itself had been teetering on the precipice for several years but had only come fully to the surface with the brutal, and more frequently occurring, slaughter of muggles up and down the country before an attempt on the ministry had bought it through the door with a loud bang.

It was horrid to think of the loss of muggle life that had occurred not being taken seriously until the threat on the ministry of magic had occurred. Tara herself had always been exposed to the non-magical world, despite her pureblood background. Her mother had made sure of it, making it clear that Tara’s magic made her no more special than Donnie’s lack of it. She’d gone to school with Willow, who despite all her brains sometimes struggled to cover up her muggle roots. It’d never bothered her though; they were people, all the same as her, whether the had the ability to turn cups into rats or not. But she knew most wizards saw it differently, likening them to animals, and those born from them with magical ability polluted with dirty blood.

Even without the influence of her upbringing Tara just had to turn to the Rosenberg sister’s to see how wrong that line of thinking was. You could look at Lily’s fierce loyalty and sharp tongue, or Willow with that amazing brain and kindness, and know they had just as much right to be acknowledged as anyone else.

As she thought, her gaze drifted to the muggle born witch, taking in her profile as she chattered. Willow’s pale skin had taken on an ethereal glow under the lights and her hair stood out as a fiery red against it. In front of her, her hands darted around to emphasis whatever point she was making in the story she’d launched into. Tuning in to half listen to her flatmate Tara, summarized it to be about the Weasley boys that Willow had been babysitting the past week, and the fun they’d had. Tara phased out again; she’d heard all of Willow’s stories several times over the past week, as the red head gushed over the children. Instead she focused on Willow’s tone of voice, Tara found it hard to describe; no one else ever seemed as animated or bubbly as Willow did when she talked, the only way Tara could describe her voice was just Willowy.

Tara continued to stare at the other woman, trying to drink in all of her. After a few minutes she noticed Alice scrutinizing her carefully, from the small rickety chair next to the bed. When Alice realized she didn’t turn away, just raised both eyebrows and smiled slyly. Tara swiftly focused on the wall above the older witches head, fighting back a blush.

She had it bad for Willow and wasn’t hiding it well; internally sighing to herself, Tara attempted to rein her wayward thoughts in, or at least make her ogling less obvious.

Willow lay on her stomach on the sofa twirling her finger round the phone’s cable. The apartment was warm from the fire that Tara had charmed, before she’d left earlier in the afternoon to go see her Mum and help with the shop’s afternoon rush, in the hopes of keeping the chill out of the apartment that was setting in due to the approach of winter.

The blue flames danced merrily creating flickering patterns along the walls, the only light source besides the small lamp next to the phone and the dying sun peeking through the curtain gap. They’ll be turning the streetlights on soon Willow thought absently. The flickering combined with the heat made Willow sleepy and lethargic. Propping her chin up on her free hand she clutched the phone to her ear with her shoulder.

“Mmmmm, Lil that sounds ace. Uh huh.” Willow hummed as her little sister babbled on about the party that had been planned for Tara and Sirius’ party that had just ended up as a Halloween party as well. Lily had rung over an hour previously and had since been talking about food, decorations and whether or not there should be games. Willow barely needed to talk, just listen to her sister argue with herself on the other end of the line.

This was one of the reasons the Rosenberg sisters preferred the creature comfort of the phone. Tara had been puzzled by the request originally, not understanding why they’d choose to use a phone rather than the floo network but had agreed. It had been better than James who’d down right refused at first, which Willow still chalked up to fear of the muggle government spying on his home. But, as always, Lily had won her husband, then boyfriend, over. The pair of muggle born witches enjoyed some of the muggle aspects in life, reminding them of their roots. They had often fallen asleep on the phone line listening to the other breathing at the other end, Willow claimed it reminded her of being little and Lily crawling into her bed.

In the quiet Willow’s head lolled back against the sofa back abandoning leaning on her hand. Yawning deeply into the cushions, Willow heard her jaw crackle unpleasantly. In her foggy brain she heard Lily say something about butterbeer. Yawning again she rubbed sleepily at her eyes with her palm. All the plans for Tara’s party were exciting but Willow couldn’t help wishing the pair of them could just skip it and stay in their cozy little flat away from the world and their responsibilities.

In her haze of tiredness she failed to realize that her sister was calling her name. The jarring sound of her name being shouted down the phone line caused her to jolt dropping the phone with a clatter. Swearing under her breath Willow scrabbled to retrieve the phone, and by default her sister, from where it’d fallen to the floor.

“Lil? You still there? Sorry, I dozed off. Yes, yeah. I think Tara’ll love it, why are you even asking? You know her nearly as well as me.” Willow pushed herself up to sit curled against the sofa’s arm and continue against her battle of heavy eyes.

With the loss of light the Charm shop had emptied out quickly and shut just as quickly. In these times it wasn’t best to linger about, especially after dark. Things lurked out there in the dark that were enough to scare hardened aurors.

Tara leaned against the counter as she watched her mother work. It was something she’d always found soothing, distracting her from her chaotic thoughts. A pinch of this, a dash of that. Her Mum always knew exactly what was needed for each charm. Teresa Maclay moved gracefully around the store in a swirl of soft blonde hair and deep purple robes, the smattering of stars across the surface glinting gold in the shop’s lights.

“What’s on your mind, sweetie?” Teresa smiled at her youngest, as she selected the correct jar for her protection charm. She smiled softly at the look of mild shock that crossed her daughter’s face. Placing the jar on the counter next to Tara’s elbow, she moved to cup her face in one hand. “I know something is up sweetie, because I’m your mother and I can always tell when something’s wrong with my children. No matter how old you are.” The two shared a smile before Teresa returned to her work.

With a grimace Tara moved to study the worn star chart that adorned the wall next to the shop’s till. “It’s just, well, I’ve realized something,” Tara began, running her nail absent-mindedly along the grain of the wooden surface, eyes still fixed on the constellations on the wall, searching for the right words. Steeling herself Tara finally glanced round to look at her mother. “Mama, I really like Willow.”

Tara’d been expecting at least a shocked reaction from Teresa, but the one she received instead was knowing and not at all surprised.

“Tara, sweetie, I don’t mean to be rude, but anyone with eyes could see that.” Teresa smirked at the young witch; despite this easy acceptance she received a grimace and a huff of annoyance for her troubles.

“I-I’m really sick of people saying that Mama. Me and Willow have always just been friends. She’s just always been Willow. My best, and I wouldn’t change that for the world.” Eyebrows scrunched together, Tara’s hand was on the counter top curled into a fist.

“That’s just the point Honey. She’s always been just your Willow, and you’ve always been her Tara. No matter how you look at it, the pair of you fit. The only problem is, however, have you told her how you’re feeling?”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

This fic is so good..one of the best Buffy/HP crossover.. :applause :bow

Finally Tara realised her feelings for Willow. Hope Willow feels the same. Eagerly awaiting for W/T goodness soon :wtkiss ...

Waiting for more updates.. :grin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Alright, Tara. She's not nervous about Alice seeing her ogling Willow and she told her mom so she's moving forward. Now to tell Willow. Sometime tells me kissing would be a reasonable way of telling her.

I've forgotten what Tara is having a party for. Birthday?

I sort of expected Alice and Frank to tell the girls that they are pregnant. That would put a timeline on the story.
Spoiler:
If the Longbottoms are pregnant, so are the Potters and Harry is one when He who Must not be Named kills the Potters.

BTW: We just started reading HP #2 with my daughter this week. It is so exciting to have her discover it all for the first time. She saw the picture on the cover (I don't know if the #2 picture on the American and English covers is the same) and asked "Is that Falwks?" I sad yes and she said it looks like he is saving Harry. I said yes - he is a hero.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

this is an awesome buffy/hp crossover fic. even though it's been over a year, I hope you come back and update it at some point. You're writing a really good story.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Kittens,
So I am a bad, bad person who appears to have just left this poor story. I promise that was never and still isn't my intention.
This was started back when I was still in High school, and naturally had a lot more time on my hands, since starting
university I've been a complete prat with it, I mean it must have been over 2 years since you actually got any real
plot and not just nonsense drabbles.

However, as it currently stands, I'm in my final year which means work stress as well as trying to apply for a teacher training
course so not exactly focused. I don't want this to stop me though, maybe if I can get my butt in gear I might try and write some
tomorrow night. I would totally try to write some tonight since, getting really excited that people might still care about this story,
but I stupidly left work for a crit (Its like a review with your entire tutor group) tomorrow until just now, which means a frantic
scramble to prove that I actually can do art and am on task. So hopefully tomorrow night!

You guys are the best!
Vazy :sheep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

awesome!

I'm glad you haven't given up on writing this.

Can't wait to read more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:00 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This crossover is Amazing!

Willow: You two (Giles and Tara) have been talking about me behind my back. Tara: No! God. Willow: You know how that makes me feel? Tara: Willow, you are using too much magick. What do you want me to do, sit back and keep my mouth shut? Willow: Well that'd be a good start Tara: (Shocked) If I didn''t love you so damn much I would!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:16 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Wow, I love the Idea of Willow as Lillys sister.
-Mouse

Willow: You two (Giles and Tara) have been talking about me behind my back. Tara: No! God. Willow: You know how that makes me feel? Tara: Willow, you are using too much magick. What do you want me to do, sit back and keep my mouth shut? Willow: Well that'd be a good start Tara: (Shocked) If I didn''t love you so damn much I would!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:30 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi,

Wow . . . . I just finished re-reading the whole HP series and so I love this even more. I love seeing a young Lily and Sirius and James and Remus.

I love W/T in a new relationship and the familiar tingling excitement of them finding each other.

I have absolutely no right to complain about an incomplete story so I'll just say thanks for what you've given us. :flower

Ariel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next