The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 5 4/12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:16 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Title: Count to Ten

Author: angieb86 a.k.a. Angela

Feedback: Would be extra extra appreciated. :) I've had this story in my mind for a while now, and I've put everything else on hold until I can finish this one. So if it sucks, please let me know so that I won't embarrass myself. :)

Spoilers: None.

Setting: AU. There are no real demons, just the ones everyone has to battle at one point in life. This story takes place in Rhode Island; Willow and Tara are in their 30's.

Rating: Overall R, may get spicy later.

Disclaimer: Please don't sue me Mutant Enemy. Or anyone else. I'm only writing this story for the pure enjoyment of it. So don't sue.

Summary: Willow and Tara are at the height of their careers, powerful women in powerful positions. Neither wants a relationship, but what can you say when your heart tells you otherwise? Will they listen to their hearts, or will they put their feelings on the backburner to further their careers?

Note: I just want to point out that Tremwell Academy is a school that I made up. Brown University, however, is REAL. I've never been there, any reference made to the university in this story is made purely on my crappy internet research. If you know I made a mistake in referencing something, just let me know and I will change it. :)

Here's the first chapter! And look for weekly updates on Mondays.

This is my baby, so let me know how I'm doing. :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Ma’am, line one.”

The woman swiveled her chair around to the intercom on her desk.

“Who is it, Kate?”

“The mayor, ma’am,” was the reply.

The woman sighed loudly and picked up the receiver. She answered the phone in her best professional voice. “Mayor, how are you?”

The jovial sound of the mayor’s voice rang through the phone. “I’m just fine, my dear. I won’t keep you long, I just wanted to ask a big favor of you.”

“What can I do for you, sir?” she asked politely. Please no public speaking, please no public speaking. . .

“I just want you to go up to the local private school and speak to their students for a couple of hours tomorrow before the children go on Christmas break. You know how well-known you’ve become since your tenure at our lovely university, and what you’ve done for your department is nothing short of a miracle.”

“Thank you, Mayor. And I would be delighted to speak at Tremwell. I actually have a younger family member who matriculates there.”

“Ahh, excellent! I do appreciate you doing this for me, and your department will be rewarded handsomely for letting me borrow their precious Dean Maclay.”

She let a smile escape. Maybe a little embarrassment would be worth that handsome reward after all. “Thank you, sir. Will I see you tomorrow?”

“No, my dear. But the principal will meet you in her office at 10 o’ clock tomorrow morning. And thanks again.”

“No problem, Mayor. Good day.”

Tara hung up the phone with a sigh. She always ended up speaking in public whenever the mayor decided to give her a call. She was grateful that the man thought so highly of her, but speaking to a whole bunch of hormonal and stir crazy teenagers the day before Christmas break was NOT how she wanted to show her gratitude. She sighed again and hit the intercom button.

“Yes, ma’am?” Kate’s voice boomed through the speaker.

“Can you get Professor Lehane on line 3, please?” Tara asked as she woke up her computer.

“Right away, ma’am.” About a minute later, Tara looked down to see the light flashing on the phone. Tara picked up the receiver. “Faith, hey.”

“Hey, T. What’s up?”

“You busy tonight? I was thinking maybe we could have the gang over for dinner and wine. Not too late though. I have to speak at Tremwell in the morning.”

Faith put the cigarette out on the bricks outside of her office window. “T, why don’t you just walk across the hall and come to my office?”

Tara laughed. “Are you kidding?! They just got me a secretary. This is awesome!”

Faith chuckled and closed her office window. “Yeah, I forgot about that. She’s pretty cute, too.” Faith picked up a stack of papers and her laptop and threw them into her carrying case. “I’m heading out now to pick up Garrison from school. I think he’s sleeping over at a friend’s house tonight, so dinner with the gang sounds great to me.”

“Great, Faith. I’ll see you at home. Any preferences for dinner?”

“T, you’re the cook. Surprise us. I’ll give the gang a call on my way to pick up the boy.”

“Okay, Faith. Thanks. See you later.”

“Later, Dean Maclay,” Faith said with a laugh.

Tara smiled as she placed the receiver back in its cradle. She had two more meetings before she could leave for the day. She stood up and straightened her suit before walking out of her office. “Hey, Kate. You can head on home if you want to. I have two more meetings today, so you can call it a day if you’d like.”

Kate smiled and grabbed her purse. “Thanks, Dean Maclay.”

“Please, call me Tara. And no more of the ‘ma’am’ either, I’m not that much older than you,” Tara added with a laugh.

Kate’s smile grew wider as she pulled on her black pea coat. “Okay. See you tomorrow.”

Tara nodded as she walked out of the door. “Yes, you will.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“I’m home!” Tara yelled as she walked into her home. She heard a little shuffle on the top floor before she saw a mop of dark hair spill over the balcony. “Hey, Aunt Tara. How was work?”

Tara smiled up at the teenager. “It was fine, buddy. Where’s your mom?”

“She went to the store to pick up some wine for you guys tonight.”

“Great.” Tara took off her coat and hung it on the rack just beside the front door. “Whose house are you going to tonight?”

“Rob’s. He’s got the new Call of Duty, and we’re playing it tonight.”

“Say no more,” Tara replied, holding her hands in the air.

Garrison smiled down at Tara. “You jealous, huh?” the boy asked, knowing the answer was yes. His favorite pastime was playing countless hours of video games with Tara during summer break. No matter how many summer sessions she had to teach at the university, both of them always treasured their video game time.

“No comment, young man. And stop teasing me like your mom does; It’s rude.”

He laughed as he ran down the stairs and gave the blonde a hug. They both headed to the kitchen, Tara grabbing some wine glasses from the cabinet and Garrison jumping up on the counter watching Tara flutter around the kitchen.

“So, I heard you’re going to be speaking at my school tomorrow?”

Tara nodded as she rummaged through the refrigerator. “I am. Gotta meet the principal at 10 in the morning,” she replied distractedly, still looking for the Prosciutto she had bought the day before.

“You get to meet Principal McHottie. . .” Garrison said as the front door opened and Faith appeared in the kitchen with a few bags. He jumped down from the counter and grabbed the bags from Faith’s hands.

“Thanks Gar,” Faith said as she ruffled her son’s hair. “And please stop calling your principal McHottie. Even if she is totally hot,” she finished with a laugh.

Mother and son shared a laugh and a high five as Tara laughed at them. Faith turned toward Tara. “Look T, I’ve seen that principal. She’s new this year, and she is smokin‘.”

Tara smiled and shook her head, reaching up over Faith’s head to grab a pan. “You two are crazy. And I don‘t have time for that dating crap. . .I‘m a busy lady with a secretary now.”

“She’s right up your alley, though, T.” Faith said as she placed the wine bottles on the counter and dug a corkscrew out of one of the drawers. “I’m gonna drop off Garrison over at Rob’s and I’ll be right back.” Faith turned toward her son. “You ready, Gar?”

“Hell yeah--I mean yes ma’am,” he quickly corrected himself with a glare from both Tara and his mother.

He walked over and pulled Tara into a hug. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning at school.”

She smiled at the boy. “Okay. And tell me how Black Ops is!” she yelled as they walked out of the door.

Tara sighed and turned back to the heap of ingredients she had placed on the counter. Italian it is. . ., she said to herself as she began to chop vegetables.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara had just put the last pot on the stove when Faith walked back into the house.

“You get Garrison dropped off?” she asked as she covered the pot of boiling pasta.

“I did,” Faith replied as she walked more fully into the kitchen. She inhaled deeply and smiled. “It smells great in here, T. I love it when you cook Italian.”

Tara smiled at her best friend. “Are the girls on their way over yet?”

“Yep. Buffy and Dawn said they were on their way now, and I’m guessing Del will be here soon, too.”

Tara nodded and sat down in the closest stool. “Good. Share a glass of wine with me before they get here?”

“Of course, T.” Faith perched herself on the counter in the same manner as Garrison. Tara snorted.

“No wonder I can’t keep Garrison off the counter. He gets it from you.”

Faith smiled. “Yeah. . .That’s my boy. Can you believe he’s going to 16? I can’t believe I have a 16-year-old son.”

“I can’t believe you have a son at all. Growing up together, Faith, I didn’t think we’d make it this far. Do you remember Ms. Rorambauer?” Tara asked with a laugh.

Faith nodded with a smile and took a swig of wine. “That lady couldn’t stand me. Worst foster home ever. ‘You, you little Satan child! You’re never gonna amount to anything with that attitude. And your going to take poor little Tara down with you!’” Faith laughed as she finished her impersonation. “I don’t even remember what I did to that lady.”

“I remember. You tried to proposition her husband, Faith,” Tara replied as she took the wine glass from Faith’s hand.

“I was just a kid, T. But that little incident got us outta that house hella-fast.”

Tara laughed as a knock on the front door resounded throughout the ground level of the house. Faith jumped down from the counter and ran to the door. She opened it to look into deep brown eyes of the woman standing on the other side. Her olive skin framed by long dark hair made her look more exotic than Faith had remembered. A grin appeared on the woman’s face before she pushed her way through the door. She removed her jacket as she breezed by Faith. “How’s my favorite slut doing today?” she asked as she walked toward the kitchen.

Faith laughed as she followed the woman. “Hopefully as well as my favorite ex-girlfriend. How you been, Del?”

The Sicilian woman plopped down in a stool next to Tara and gave the blonde a quick peck on the cheek. “You know me, I can’t complain. . .I’m well, Faith, thanks,” she finished with a smile.

Faith smiled back at the woman, the sadness at losing her washing over her for a brief moment, clouding her eyes in pain. But as soon as it appeared, it faded into the back of her mind. Faith shook her head quickly, dispelling any remnants of sadness. She quickly poured a glass of wine for the woman and handed it to her. She perched back on the kitchen counter. “So how is work going?”

Del took a sip of her wine before placing the glass back onto the counter. “It’s going great.” She turned to Tara. “And thank you so much for introducing me to Dawn. The students really like her, especially because she’s the youngest teacher we have,” she said with a laugh. “And she really enjoys teaching. Her enthusiasm has infected the entire staff. Good infection, though.”

Tara smiled. “That’s great. I know she really likes it. She talks about those kids all the time.”

Their conversation was interrupted by a ring of the doorbell and a loud knock on the door. Tara stood from her stool and stretched. “Must be Buffy and Dawn. Buffy knocks a hole in the door, and Dawn has the decency to ring the doorbell.”

Tara walked to the door and opened it, revealing a smiling Dawn and a grumpy Buffy.

Dawn pulled the blonde into a hug. “Hey, Tare. How are you?”

Tara relaxed into the embrace. “I’m great, Dawnie. Everyone is in the kitchen. Grab a glass of wine and settle in, okay?”

Dawn nodded and walked through the door and disappeared down the hall toward the kitchen. Buffy looked up at the older blonde woman and promptly smiled at her. “A hungry Buffy is a grumpy Buffy. Let’s get to eating, woman! Buffy waits for no one!”

Tara laughed as she shut the front door to the house.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara turned over and shut off her blaring alarm. She stretched languidly in her king-sized bed, relieving the tension in her aching muscles. The blonde sat up slowly, smiling as she looked out of her bedroom window to see the sunrise over the harbour.

Narragansett Bay, with its bright blue waters, flowed proudly in the distance. Tara slid her feet into her slippers and grabbed her robe Faith had gotten her for Christmas the previous year. She opened her balcony door and stepped outside into the fresh early morning air.

She inhaled deeply and smiled once again. She remembered doing the same thing when she was a little girl. . .when she and Faith would take off into the hills of Pascoag on little adventures.

Pascoag was the little town in Rhode Island that Tara had met Faith when they were little girls. They had ended up in the same foster home at the young age of eight, and they had been inseparable ever since. Faith was the youngest, but she was fiercely protective of the painfully shy blonde girl. They grew up together, and they grew stronger together. They tried their hardest to stay together through the system, and they were only separated three times their entire childhood. Tara was right there with Faith when she got pregnant with Garrison, never leaving her side. Faith was forever grateful for the magnificent friendship she had with Tara, and Tara knew that she was endlessly lucky to have found such a wonderful friend in Faith.

The blonde heard the doorknob to her bedroom turn. Tara turned and saw Faith walk into her bedroom, hair bedraggled, tank top on backwards and robe belt dragging on the floor behind her. On her heels was Del, who looked amazing even though Tara knew what they had been doing all night after everyone else went to sleep.

Tara smiled at them both as they pulled their robes tightly around themselves and joined her on the balcony. Faith looked out into the bay and smiled. “Beautiful morning, ain’t it, T?”

Tara nudged her playfully on the shoulder and laughed. “That’s because you woke up with a beautiful woman in your bed.”

“We didn’t make it to the bed,” Del replied, sliding her arms around Faith’s waist. “She couldn’t wait to get her hands on me.”

Both women laughed as they saw the faint blush rise in Faith’s cheeks. Even though she was a little embarrassed, she still smiled, happy to be in the arms of the woman she wanted and her best friend by her side.

“What time is it, T?” Faith asked.

“It’s just after seven,” Tara replied, looking over her shoulder at Faith.

“Well, if I’m gonna be up this early, there should definitely be some coffee involved. Especially since I called in today,” Del said with a smile at Faith.

Faith couldn’t contain the grin on her face as she turned to kiss Del on the cheek. “Does this mean that you’re coming to my lectures today?”

“Yes. . .I’m all yours today. But only today. Tomorrow, I resume my ‘Faith is a dirty slut’ status.”

Faith rolled her eyes at the shorter woman. “Are you ever going to forgive me for making the biggest mistake of my life, Delilah?” she asked, her expression a mixture of sadness and anger. “There’s only so many times that I can apologize to you before you either accept it. . .or let me move the hell on.”

She took one more look at Del before excusing herself from the two women and leaving the room.

Del watched Faith’s hasty retreat, and turned to Tara. “I didn’t know she felt that way.”

“That’s because you never bothered to ask, Del,” Tara responded quietly. “You just called her every whorish name in the book, but you never gave her a chance to explain herself.”

Tara turned to fully face the woman standing next to her. “I understand that she hurt you, Del, and I don’t condone Faith’s behavior in any way. But that was over two years ago. Faith has changed. And so have you.”

Tara looked at the door that Faith had exited. “She’s right, though. Don’t torture her anymore if you don’t want her back. She loves you still, Del. And for the past two years, all Faith has wanted is your forgiveness. And she’s waited and waited for you to accept her apology. She hasn’t dated anyone and she has flat-out refused to have sex with anyone but you. This is Faith Lehane we’re talking about here. . .and you know how many times students approach her for a little ‘extra credit.’”

Del chuckled softly before a small sob escaped her throat. “She did that. . .for me?”

“She’s been trying to change for you. She HAS changed for you. Give her a chance. She’s earned it.”

Del nodded her head, her eyes shining with unshed tears. “I feel like such an ass, Tara.”

The blonde smiled softly. “I didn’t tell you to make you feel bad. I told you because I know she won’t. . .So you know.”

“Thanks, Tara. I’m gonna go talk to her.”

Tara smiled and gave Del an encouraging pat on the shoulder. “Go ahead. I have to get ready anyway.”

Del nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes before leaving Tara alone on the balcony.

She gave one last look at the blue waters of the bay and turned toward her bathroom to get ready for her day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara pulled up in front of Tremwell Academy fifteen minutes before her meeting with the principal. She dug around in her purse for lipstick, swishing it across her lips before throwing it back in her bag and giving her hair one more brush-through. She hopped out of her silver Nissan Titan and locked all the doors before making her way to the entrance of the academy. Before she opened the door, she smoothed her hand down the front of her heather gray skirt, straightened the lapels on the matching jacket and made sure that the buttons on her sky blue blouse were showing just enough cleavage to be provocative yet tasteful.

She smiled to herself, remembering her first speech she had to give at the well-known academy. Faith had told her the best way to keep the attention of a room full of teenaged kids was to show a little cleavage. “We got the nicest racks this side of the Narragansett. . .And since we’ve taken that impromptu vow of celibacy, we might as well get some good use out of these jugs.”

The blonde chuckled softly to herself as she opened the door to the academy. She walked into the administration office and waved to the secretary. The woman smiled at Tara. “Hello, Dr. Maclay. It’s great to see you again.”

“It’s always a pleasure to see you, Gretchen,” Tara replied, smiling down at the older woman.

“The principal has a conference that’s running a little over. She should be finished soon, so I’m just going to show you to her office where you can wait for her.”

Tara nodded as she followed the woman through a side door and past several conference rooms. They stopped in front of the last door on the left side of the hall. Gretchen opened the door for Tara. “Here you go, Dr. Maclay. She should be out soon. She said to make yourself some tea if you’d like.”

“Thanks Gretchen. It’s great to see you again.”

The woman smiled at Tara as she backed quietly out of the room, leaving Tara alone inside the vast office. The first thing she noticed was the sleek, modern furniture in the room. The desk, bookcases and even the desktop computer was a shiny sleek black.

One the small table between the bookcases, Tara could see a Keurig coffee maker perched atop the glossy black surface. She picked up a mug from the shelf beside the coffee maker, placed it on the tray in the center of the machine and chose a simple black tea to brew. She turned around to find a place to sit. She spotted a black corner couch covered in red decorative pillows adorning it. She picked up her mug of tea and walked over to the sofa, picking up a magazine and flipping through it.

Tara had finished her tea and had placed the mug on the nearest table. Before she could pick up her magazine again, she heard the office door open. Tara’s eyes lifted to the office door. And she felt her nipples harden beneath the material of her shirt.

Standing in the doorway was the sexiest woman Tara had ever seen. Her long black slacks covered what Tara knew had to be the most exquisite pair of legs she had never seen. A sleek pair of Manolo black leather pumps poked out from the cuffs of her pants. A form-fitting stark white blouse exposed the woman’s beautiful collarbone, and her elegant neck was stylishly covered in a multi-layered pearl necklace. A trendy pair of slim black suspenders completed the ensemble. Tara let out a shaky breath as she watched the woman turn gracefully to close the office door. Bright red hair danced lightly on the tops of the suspenders, and Tara had never wanted to be a piece of elastic band that much in all her 34 years. Until meeting “Principal McHottie,” she said quietly to herself. Tara was pulled out of her daze by a strong, confident, no-nonsense voice. She cleared her throat and shakily stood up from the black IKEA corner couch.

“I’m so sorry, Dean Maclay, about your having to wait for me this long. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is--”

Principal Willow Rosenberg’s mouth snapped shut as her eyes fell upon the most beautiful sight. The first thing Willow noticed was the woman’s flushed cheeks and startling crystal blue eyes. The Dean had dressed smartly for the occasion, her gray skirt hugging her curves perfectly. Willow gulped loudly as her eyes trailed up toned muscular calves and shapely thighs. The blue blouse the woman was wearing was showing enough cleavage to let you know it was there, but not enough to be distasteful. Willow was a die hard fan of sexy conservative, and the Dean of the English Department at Brown University had the look down to perfection. Dean McDreamy. . ., Willow thought as she reached her hand out toward the woman in greeting.

The Dean’s long blonde hair cascaded softly past her shoulders and framed her face delightfully. Willow shook her head to dispel any more thoughts of the woman in front of her. She put on her best professional voice and smiled politely at the blonde woman.

“Rosenberg. Willow Rosenberg.”

Tara shook the Principal’s hand. “Dr. Tara Maclay. A pleasure.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TBC next Monday...Hope you guys enjoyed it. And let me know how it's going, please. :) Thanks for reading!

Last edited by angieb86 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:03 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for interesting beginning... Can't wait for the next update-y goodness...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
This looks to be a very awesome and promising fic. You know... with where you left it off, I can see many possibilities for the next chapter... most of them would be possible if this were the script for a really bad (or good, depending on what you like) adult film :smash . What I mean to say is that you have captured both characters in a fresh and interesting way, and I wish I didnt have to wait a week for another update.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great start.

I loved the McHottie/McDreamy names. I'm also a big fan of Grey's Anatomy.

Can't wait for next week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Give me more, give me more!!! I love it! I have always thought Faith and Tara would be great for eachother. They balance one another out... Willow and Tara falling in love stories are the best!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awesome start...can't wait for more!!!! :pinky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:58 pm 
5. Willowhand

Great start. So excited for more. I love the stories where Faith and Tara are friends. Can't wait for the next installment.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 pm 

Topics: 8
Amazing start. Business Willow/Tara sound absolutely smexy. lol. Also, your description of Willow's business attire kind of reminded me of Bette Porters from the L Word. Please update soon. I can't wait to see where you take this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:35 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I love the fact that you used the word "matriculate." Your description of both of them was very yummy. Would have been even more so if they daydreamed.

Quote:
Will they listen to their hearts, or will they put their feelings on the backburner to further their careers?

hmmm, I wonder.... :)

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:50 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Awesome start! I do love seeing new fics on the board. ;-) Especially meet and fall in love fics! Always exciting and full of possibilities.

Looking forward to more! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:50 pm 

Angie, great to have you back, it seems like this will be a lot of fun!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I didn't know that I would say this...I LIke Monday :pinky :pinky

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
wonderful start! i can't wait to see how it unfolds. a dean and a principle? i see much angst in the future! very thorough detail work, looking forward to more!

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:03 am 
4. Extra Flamey

hahhahahah
sooo cute. I love it. Your writing is fluent and clear, you're good at dropping in little nuggets ("legs she'd never seen"), and okay, yes, let's all admit that principals can be pretty much the hottest thing on the planet.
I also really like the Faith backstory. Best friends Tara and Faith works so well. I want to complain that this isn't Faith/Buffy slash, but hey, we can't have everything.

It's a delight. You've done well. Continue.

Last edited by KnightlyLove on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:24 am 
8. Vixen

Looking forward to Monday. This story has started so well, I look forward to reading more tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh hell yeah! Love the nicknames for Wills and Tara. And now I wish I could lurk online all day tomorrow for the chapter-y goodness but school starts back up again. The horror. Wish I had Willow as a head, so much better than my crappy one, that hates me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:46 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Angela,

OMG!!!! :pinky :party :pinky :party :pinky I love this story!!!

So much here, it's like digging through a treasure chest! (no pun intended lol)

Creating a whole history for Tara and Faith so effortlessly. The way you blend exposition in with character development, smooth. You're a wonderful writer.

I like Del already, glad she and Faith will be working it out. (at least I hope so!) Also love how quickly you pull the whole group together and give us a peek at their adult friendship gathered around the kitchen.

Got a kick out of the "attention through tits" strategy of Tara and Faith and the fabulous nicknames for our girls!

Also, LOVED Willow and Tara's meeting: two intelligent, adult, entirely hot women! Great use of costuming description to up the hotness. Funny, I'm about as fashion conscious as a can of tuna-fish but I got totally into the description. Believe me, THAT's a compliment to your writing!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your talent - we're the lucky winners here!!!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

zampsa19752001 wrote:
Yay for interesting beginning... Can't wait for the next update-y goodness...

Glad you enjoyed the first chapter....And I hope this one's to your liking!

Thanks for reading!

Bellalocke wrote:
You know... with where you left it off, I can see many possibilities for the next chapter... most of them would be possible if this were the script for a really bad (or good, depending on what you like) adult film

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!! I didn't really think of it that way until I read your reply, LOL!

Quote:
What I mean to say is that you have captured both characters in a fresh and interesting way, and I wish I didnt have to wait a week for another update.

I'm so happy that you're liking the story. And I'm sorry if I've made you wait too long! Hope you enjoy it. And thanks for reading!

BuffyFan4ever wrote:
Great start.

I loved the McHottie/McDreamy names. I'm also a big fan of Grey's Anatomy.

Can't wait for next week.

I just got into Grey's Anatomy, thanks to Alex_Vixen's story, GREAT Anatomy....And my only problem with it is that I shouldn't have waited so long to watch it, LOL. Hope you enjoy the next chapter! Thanks for reading!

SMGOVAN wrote:
Give me more, give me more!!! I love it! I have always thought Faith and Tara would be great for eachother. They balance one another out... Willow and Tara falling in love stories are the best!

Here's more! Here's more!! I'm so happy that you love it...This is my baby. Even more so than Wishes was. And I've always loved the thought of Tara and Faith being great friends. I'm hoping you love the next chapter, too, and thanks for reading!

WR/TM wrote:
Awesome start...can't wait for more!!!!

Glad you liked it! Hope you enjoy the next chapter, and thanks for reading!!

beautiful_love wrote:
Great start. So excited for more. I love the stories where Faith and Tara are friends. Can't wait for the next installment.

Thank you so much! Faith and Tara were two of my favorite Buffy characters, and they would have been awesome together given the right circumstances. Here's the next chapter and I hope you like it! Thanks for reading.

mmmh-Hot-Sauce wrote:
Amazing start. Business Willow/Tara sound absolutely smexy. lol.

LOL I know, right?! I have a thing for women in powerful positions...especially these two sexy ladies.

Quote:
Also, your description of Willow's business attire kind of reminded me of Bette Porters from the L Word.

Right, you are! I wanted her to have a 'Bette' kinda feel to her, cuz let's face it: Jennifer Beals...totally hot. And she played that character flawlessly.

Quote:
Please update soon. I can't wait to see where you take this.

Hope you like the next chapter. Thanks for reading!

Promthea128 wrote:
I love the fact that you used the word "matriculate."

LOL, I love that word! It's one of my favorites...I don't get to use it very often....so I basically wrote the first chapter of this story just to use the word.

Quote:
Your description of both of them was very yummy. Would have been even more so if they daydreamed.

I daydreamed about that scene for a loooong time...It's how I got through five years of college, LOL.

Hope you enjoy the next chapter to find out more about Willow and Tara. Thanks for reading!

Finey_McFine wrote:
Awesome start! I do love seeing new fics on the board. Especially meet and fall in love fics! Always exciting and full of possibilities.

Looking forward to more!

Thank you, ma'am! I hope you find this one to your liking! Meet and fall in love fics are some of my faves, too. Hope you enjoy the next chapter and thanks for reading!

LonelyTara wrote:
Angie, great to have you back, it seems like this will be a lot of fun!

Aww, thanks! I hope it will be a lot of fun...even though there will be a little angst thrown in. I hope to see you back soon, too. And I hope all is well with you. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I miss ya 'round these here parts! Thanks for reading, and I hope you like the next chapter.

arsyadriani wrote:
I didn't know that I would say this...I LIke Monday

Teeeheee!!!! I never thought I would witness anyone saying that, LOL.
But I'm glad that I could brighten up your Mondays a bit. Hope you like the next chapter, and thanks for reading!

indigokane wrote:
wonderful start! i can't wait to see how it unfolds. a dean and a principle? i see much angst in the future! very thorough detail work, looking forward to more!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the way the story unfolds...I've got a couple of twists and turns in it, but hopefully nothing too drama-filled. I hope you enjoy the next chapter, and thanks for reading! Oh! And the first chapter of your story was PHENOMENAL!! Keep it up!

KnightlyLove wrote:
hahhahahah
sooo cute. I love it. Your writing is fluent and clear, you're good at dropping in little nuggets ("legs she'd never seen"), and okay, yes, let's all admit that principals can be pretty much the sexiest thing on the planet. Especially sexy Willow principals.

Hahahahahaaa!!! Thank you muchly for the compliment! Women in power positions are incredibly sexy to me...It's an added bonus if they're hot, LOL. And it's a double bonus if it's a sexy redhead.

Quote:
I also really like the Faith backstory. Best friends Tara and Faith works so well. I want to complain that this isn't Faith/Buffy slash, but hey, we can't have everything.

I did a lot of research on Rhode Island...For such a small state, they really have a lot going on, lol. Sorry about the F/B thing...I've done it in my other stories, so I decided to bring in another character instead. But I'm still glad you like it.

Quote:
It's a delight. You've done well. Continue.

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

taranwillow4ever wrote:
Looking forward to Monday. This story has started so well, I look forward to reading more tomorrow.

Thanks for reading and I hope it's not too late wherever you are! I still haven't gotten the hang of these time zones yet! Enjoy chapter two!

vazy wrote:
Oh hell yeah! Love the nicknames for Wills and Tara.

I think making up the Willow's nickname was one of my favorite parts of the first chapter, LOL.

Quote:
And now I wish I could lurk online all day tomorrow for the chapter-y goodness but school starts back up again. The horror. Wish I had Willow as a head, so much better than my crappy one, that hates me!

Hahaha!!! Sorry about school...but it'll get better, just count down til graduation, LOL.Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy the next chapter!

Ariel wrote:
Angela,

OMG!!!! I love this story!!!

So much here, it's like digging through a treasure chest! (no pun intended lol)

I LOOOOVE PUNS!!! Go ahead...PUN AWAY!

Quote:
Creating a whole history for Tara and Faith so effortlessly. The way you blend exposition in with character development, smooth. You're a wonderful writer.

I'm not wonderful... But I do believe in Faith and Tara's friendship. I think they were cheated out of a friendship on the show, and I just kinda wanted to give them a second chance...my own way. And thank you for the compliment.

Quote:
I like Del already, glad she and Faith will be working it out. (at least I hope so!)

Del and Faith will try their hardest to work it out...And I hope I haven't said too much.

Quote:
Also love how quickly you pull the whole group together and give us a peek at their adult friendship gathered around the kitchen.

In my life, healthy friendships always involve food, LOL. It's been a recurring occasion as long as I can remember. Life, love, and intriguing conversation apparently revolve around good food and wine, LOL. True story.

Quote:
Got a kick out of the "attention through tits" strategy of Tara and Faith and the fabulous nicknames for our girls!

Who can resist the allure of really nice boobs??

Quote:
Also, LOVED Willow and Tara's meeting: two intelligent, adult, entirely hot women! Great use of costuming description to up the hotness. Funny, I'm about as fashion conscious as a can of tuna-fish but I got totally into the description. Believe me, THAT's a compliment to your writing!

Thanks for the compliment! And your tuna fish comment literally made me laugh out loud. My mom was just standing in my doorway, shaking her head at me, LOL. She hasn't quite figured out why I'm always laughing in my room by myself without the phone or television on.

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for sharing your talent - we're the lucky winners here!!!

Aww, thank YOU for reading! You're too sweet. Hope you enjoy the next chapter!

The update will be back after these messages...

Last edited by angieb86 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Title: Count to Ten

Author: angieb86 a.k.a. Angela

Feedback: Would be extra extra appreciated. I've had this story in my mind for a while now, and I've put everything else on hold until I can finish this one. So if it sucks, please let me know so that I won't embarrass myself.

Spoilers: None.

Setting: AU. There are no real demons, just the ones everyone has to battle at one point in life. This story takes place in Rhode Island; Willow and Tara are in their 30's.

Rating: Overall R, may get spicy later.

Disclaimer: Please don't sue me Mutant Enemy. Or anyone else. I'm only writing this story for the pure enjoyment of it. So don't sue.

Chapter 2

Willow led the Dean back to her office to pick up her belongings. Tara bent over to pick up her purse from the floor beside the sofa. Willow drew in a deep breath as her eyes raked down the blonde’s backside. Her eyes widened as Tara unconsciously smoothed her skirt, running her left hand slowly down her ass.

Willow felt the flush begin traveling to her cheeks and neck. She immediately turned her head and fiddled with the black pen holder on her desk.

“I really enjoyed your speech today, Dr. Maclay. And it seems as though the students did, also.”

Tara could physically feel the redhead’s eyes on her. She up-righted herself and smiled at the principal. “Thank you, Principal Rosenberg.”

Tara straightened her jacket as she moved toward the door. “Well, I’ll leave you to your business. I’m going to leave now, Principal Rosenberg. It was a pleasure to meet you. Have a great day.” Tara made a break for the door, only to have her escape blocked by Gretchen.

“I’m sorry, Principal Rosenberg, but we have a code red in the gymnasium.”

“Who’s involved?”

Gretchen placed the walkie-talkie close to her ear. She looked up at Willow. “Devin Jones and Garrison Lehane.”

“Garrison Lehane?” Tara asked, alarmed at hearing her nephew’s name. “What’s a code red? I-Is he okay? What’s going on?”

The redhead began walking toward the door. “I apologize, Dean Maclay, but I have to take care of this situation.”

Tara threw her purse onto the couch. “I’m going with you.”

“I’m sorry, but you can’t--”

“Garrison is my nephew. And I’m going.”

Willow took one look at the fire in the blonde’s eyes and acquiesced. “Very well. Follow me.”

They walked quickly and silently through the huge spacious hallways of the academy and to the colossal metal gymnasium doors.

The first thing Tara saw was a pool of blood next to the door. She felt stone cold fear rise into her throat as she pushed the principal out of her way to search for Garrison.

She saw him sitting in a chair near the back of the gym with an ice pack on his face and a nurse leaning over him. She ran to him and grabbed him by the shoulders. “Thank God you’re okay. What happened, Gar?”

He moved the ice pack to reveal a swollen lip and a black eye. “I defended the honor of a lady, Aunt Tara. But I’m fine. I’m doing better than THAT jerk.”

Tara looked over to see another nurse attempting to stop the blood pouring from his nose.

“Garrison Lehane. Come with me. Nurse Smith, when you’re finished patching up Mr. Jones, please escort him to my office.”

The nurse nodded at the redhead as she turned her attention back to the boy. Willow arched an eyebrow toward the exit. “Mr. Lehane. . .”

Garrison took a deep breath and stood from his chair, ice pack in tow. Tara automatically grabbed a hold of his arm, walking next to him for support. He smiled at the blonde. “Thanks, Aunt Tara.”

A distinctive clearing of a throat tore their attention away from each other. The redhead was standing a few yards ahead of them, eyebrow still high on her forehead and a hand gripping a small walkie-talkie. “ NOW, Mr. Lehane.”

With that, she turned in her expensive Manolo heels and walked toward the door without looking back. Garrison turned to face Tara. “Is it bad?”

“Is what bad? Your face?”

“No,” he replied. “Is it bad that I think it’s really sexy when she calls me ‘Mr. Lehane?’”

Tara rolled her eyes and dragged him from the gym. “Shut up.”

Garrison and Devin sat in a conference room with their principal. Willow was perched on the edge of the long table, staring down at the two young boys.

“Well?” she asked impatiently.

“He started it, Principal Rosenberg,” Devin said as he pointed to Garrison.

Garrison stood up, ready to punch the boy again. “Don’t you DARE lie just to save your own ass!”

“ENOUGH!” Both boys fell silent as Principal Rosenberg stood up from the table. “Someone need to tell me the truth, or you BOTH are looking at expulsion.”

Garrison looked at Willow’s stern face and back to Devin. He took a deep breath and locked eyes with the redhead.

“I overheard him saying. . .things about my aunt. Foul things. . .sexual things.”

Both Devin and Willow looked down as they heard the crunch of ice fall prey to Garrison’s tightening grip. “So I punched him. No one gets away with saying those things about my aunt.”

Garrison turned his head toward Devin. “And I would do it again in a heartbeat. She’s one of the most important people in my life. . .”

He turned back to face the redhead. “. . .And I would do it again.”

Willow’s heart went out to the boy, but she knew she couldn’t let him get away with it.

“What exactly did he say, Mr. Lehane?”

“There’s no way on this planet I’m repeating what he said about my aunt. It’s disgusting. And it might make me want to punch him again.”

“Can you write it down?” Willow asked.

Garrison’s eyes flared angrily. “Why don’t you ask him to tell you?! It was such an AWESOME topic between him and his asshole friends 20 minutes ago.”

“I WILL suspend you, Mr. Lehane, if you continue to use profanity. I will tell you one time and one time only: Watch your language.”

Garrison nodded. “Yes, ma’am.”

Willow’s eyes turned to Devin. “Mr. Jones, what exactly did you say about Dean Maclay?”

Devin’s face paled and his eyes widened. “Do I have to?”

“Of course not.” The redhead began walking toward the door. “I’ll just go ahead and begin filling out the paperwork for your expulsion.”

“No, wait! I’ll tell you. . .” He sighed in defeat. “But can I whisper it? I don’t. . .I don’t want him to hear it. And I especially don’t want her to.” His eyes turned to Tara, who had taken a seat in the back of the room. Willow had allowed her to sit in on the interrogation.

Willow knew she was breaking protocol, but the beautiful blonde had a lot of pull in the education community being the Dean of the English department of an Ivy League university.

Willow chanced a look in the blonde’s direction. She was sitting quietly at the other end of the long table, glancing thoughtfully at the redhead.

They locked eyes for a moment before Willow motioned for Devin to continue. The boy stood next to the redhead and leaned close to her ear. The longer he spoke, the redder the Principal’s face became. Her nostrils flared in indignation when the boy finally pulled away from her.

“Mr. Jones, you are suspended for seven days.”

The boy groaned and slumped back in his chair.

“And you’d better be glad that’s all you’re getting. If I weren’t in such a great mood, you would be expelled. I will NOT tolerate the denigration of women in my educational institution, Mr. Jones, especially the woman sitting in this room right now. Go get your things from your classroom while I make a phone call to your parents. Be back in my office in 10 minutes, Mr. Jones. No later.”

“Yes, ma’am.” He slowly got up and walked out of the conference room.

Willow turned her attention to Garrison. “And you, Mr. Lehane, although I find it extremely noble of you to stick up for your aunt, you cannot do it by slinging blood all over my very expensive gymnasium floor. I’m going to have to give you two weeks of detention; Not because you defended her honor, but because you were fighting. And because of your language. I can only guess you get that from your mother. . .I’ve heard many things about the illustrious Professor Faith Lehane,” she finished, a small smile gracing her lips.

The redhead stood up and ran her hands down the front of her slacks. “I’ve got some phone calls to make. Mr. Lehane, if you so choose, you may leave with your aunt, get yourself cleaned up. Your detention sentence starts after Christmas break.”

With a simple nod, the woman left the room. Garrison turned to face his aunt. “I’m sorry, Aunt Tara.”

Tara stood up and gathered the boy in a hug. “Defending the honor of a lady, huh? You think I’m a lady worth defending?”

“I think you’re worth a lot more than that. . .And so does Principal McHottie,” he said with a laugh.

“Shut your mouth, kid.”

“She wants your bod.”

“I’m warning you. . .”

“You want her bod, too.”

“You’re grounded.”

He laughed as she swatted him from the conference room and into the hall.

Garrison and Tara pulled up at their house to see Faith’s SUV and Del’s car still in the driveway.

“I guess your mom canceled her lectures today.”

“I can’t let my mom see me like this. She’s gonna kill me.”

“No, she won’t. I think she may be too preoccupied with Del to even notice. We’ll just walk right in and go straight to your room, okay?”

Garrison smiled. “How long has Del been here?”

“She came to dinner last night and ended up spending the night.”

“Good,” he said. “That’s awesome.” He picked up his melted ice pack and opened the truck door. “Come on, Aunt Tara, let’s get inside.”

Tara nodded as they walked to the front door and opened it. As soon as they were inside, they heard stifled giggling coming from upstairs. Garrison shuddered and headed straight for the kitchen. Tara laughed and followed him.

“No matter how much I love Del, I love her a little less knowing that she’s banging my mother,” Garrison said as he pulled a bag of frozen peas from the freezer.

“How about you and I do something fun then? How ‘bout we. . .head over to D&B’s for some arcade fun?”

The boy smiled through the frozen peas. “Really?”

“You get that swollen lip down a little bit more, I’ll even buy you lunch.”

“I’m so in. Let’s get outta here!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Around three that afternoon, Tara and Garrison walked out of Dave & Buster’s, filled to the brim with food and arcade fun.

“Where to next, buddy?” Tara asked, looking over at her nephew.

“I’m guessing we should go home; Mom might be getting worried about where you are, since I’m just supposed to be getting out of school.”

Tara looked at her clock. “Damn, that reminds me: I have a meeting at four-thirty this afternoon. I’ll have to drop you off at home and head to the office. But I’ll be home by the time you have our Mexican dinner ready, okay?”

“Okay.” He grabbed Tara’s hand and squeezed it gently. “And thanks again for today, Aunt Tara.”

Tara squeezed his hand in return and gave him a crooked grin. “Anytime, buddy. Let’s get you home.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara was driving back to her office to get ready for her meeting when her phone began ringing. “Dean Maclay.”

“Hi, Tara. It’s Kate.”

Tara smiled at hearing her secretary use her first name. “Hi, Kate. What’s going on? Is everything okay at the office?”

“Yes, everything’s great. I was just calling to make sure that you didn’t forget about your meeting with President Simmons today at 4:30.”

“I’m pulling into the parking lot right now. Thanks, Kate.”

“No problem. Oh! And there’s someone here waiting for you in your office.”

“Okay. Is it a student?”

She paused for a moment. “Definitely doesn’t look like a student.”

Tara pulled into her parking space and turned off her truck. “I’ll be up in a minute.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Tara rode the elevator to the third floor and walked down the hall to her office. She waved to several people milling around and grabbed a few stacks of papers from the Kate’s desk. “Who’s waiting for me, Kate?”

Kate pulled the phone receiver away from ear. “In your office.”

Tara nodded her thanks and walked to her office door. She opened it and stopped dead in her tracks.

“Dean Maclay.” Tara shuddered lightly when she heard the sexy redhead say her name.

“Principal Rosenberg. W-What can I do f-for you?”

“I seem to have a little problem; I thought maybe I could use your help. Maybe over dinner sometime this week?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TBC. . .Sorry for the cliff hanger, but you’ll have to tune in next week to see what Tara’s answer is. : ) Thanks for reading, guys! Let me know how it’s going!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
DIBS!!!!

loved the update! but i really want to know what that kid said!

Garrison defending Tara's honor was wonderful, he is definately Faiths little boy. Reminds me alot of my nephew, cussing and fighting included!

You're doing great, but I did get a little lost at the begining of the update, I had no idea why they were returning to the office, thought i might have missed an update.

It's going great, can't wait for more :-D

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

Last edited by indigokane on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Just a little bit of a cliff hanger. Lol. I'm definitely enjoying the story though. Love the family dynamics. Can't wait for another chapter.

P.S. Thanks for the plug on the update thread.

An Everyday Life

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Okay, Two things:

1.) Business Willow + Suprised Tara = Total flirty hotness.
2.) Gar is awesome and I do wish that I knew what Dev (the asshole!) said to make Gar punch him.

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next update!

Bella

ps ok so that was three things... what can I say, the hotness of your Willow and Tara make my brain mush :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:06 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

and you really got me to say...I can't wait for Monday to come.. :smash
Quote:
“I seem to have a little problem; I thought maybe I could use your help. Maybe over dinner sometime this week?”

hope it wasn't just Dean Maclay's Imagination. :pray
.God, Dean Maclay I even have dreamy sigh saying the name :kdevil

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

Last edited by arsyadriani on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:32 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Okay, I definitely don't think that's a cliffhanger. And dinner? Sounds like a poor excuse for an excellent date. hahahha.

ps. YUM.

pps. GAWDDAMN please tell me what that asshole said! I was just so embarrassed for everybody but Garrison right then. What could he have said?

Last edited by KnightlyLove on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

"a problem...."

Last edited by KnightlyLove on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm 

Topics: 8
Quote:
“She wants your bod.”

“I’m warning you. . .”

“You want her bod, too.”

Haha, this made me laugh... then it made me think of all those animated Axe Bod Commercials :paranoid Anyhoo, I adore Garrison, and his "sticking up for a Lady." With all the foul language and fighting he really must be Faiths son. And now all I have left to say is I can't wait for Monday! (wow, I don't think I've ever said that before) But seriously, can't wait to find out why Principle McHottie is in Tara's office. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm glad that Gar didn't get into too much trouble after punching the asshole... Can't wait for their dinner date...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting start so far. Looking forward to hearing Tara's answer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hmmmm, I wonder what Tara's answer will be?????? :hmm :hmm :hmm

BTW...now I HAVE to plan a trip to D&B!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:54 pm 
8. Vixen

Great update. I am pretty much in the same time zone as you. Mondays are going to be a fav now. I want to know what the jerk kid said, and I want to know if Willow's invitation is a come on, or a real dilemna.