The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 3B
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:54 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Angela,

Mmmm! Lots of goodies here . . .

Love the sunset description and its inability to brighten Tara's mood, nice contrast - tells alot about her, her routine, and highlights her growing attraction.

Nice seeing Del and Garrison spending time.

LOVE how romantic Willow is; rose, fire, blanket on the floor.

Again, you are so good at using clothes and very sensuous language. the perfume description was to die for!

So, my same old thing: write write write! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Angie...I am so loving this story!! Strong, sexy and confident Willow = H-O-T! The blue rose was genius, so romantic. ;-) Can you even get blue roses? Hmmm...I'm going to have to check into that.

I have to say, I really love that Faith is smart and successful. I always thought that if she'd been given a fair shot at life, that she would have out done Buffy on many levels. Garrison, quirky and adorable. Love him. Exactly what I'd expect Faith's son to be like.

I'm excited about the date!! It gives me something to look forward to after a long day at work. Can't wait for Friday!!

BTW...Thanks for all the updates this week!! :pinky :pinky

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:22 pm 
3. Flaming O

Jumping up and down...wooo and a hoo..that was magic...Very intrigued with this story can't wait to see where it goes from here

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:08 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Swoon-y goodness.

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

Oh a fabulous update. So glad to see it on this dreary rainy evening. Anyway the roses... nice touch. Very romantic. And the discussion between Faith and Tara's on Tara's cup size had me actually laughing out loud. Very cute start to the date. And I just have to say, Willow and Tara in the world of academia... really beyond sexy. ;-)

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

not enough!
damn they're SOOOO FLIRTY! it was making me blush just reading it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Awesome start to the date so far. I love how Willow is acting so confident and kinda take charge with the date.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:34 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
So many things I like here; flower symbolism, brand name checking, the importance of odors in communication (too bad you didn't say what if anything Tara was wearing *g,) color interplay.

Garrison; I'm picking up a hint of stereotyping here but it's not strong yet.

Re cup size; odd circumstance is I'm not really a breast guy but my ex was 44D.

Me also looking forward.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:43 am 
2. Floating Rose

I am really enjoying this story!! I'm looking forward to the next update!! HEY, Can you guess what time it is??? Its peanutbutter jelly time!!!!!! :banana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 am 
3. Flaming O

loved the update!!!

Faith and Garrison are a riot.

Roses and a cozy dinner at home? Willow is serious about romancing! and she's off to a great start, can't wait to see where it goes from there. :kdevil

keep up the great work.

tina

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:13 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Very sweet start to the date.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey guys!!
Sorry I've been away for a while. I've been very...immobile for the past week. A lot of things went down at work week before last, and I had to take on extra shifts because two of my friends/co-workers were attacked.
Then I find out my lady is leaving for Japan in a month. AND on top of all that, I ended up with an infected pilondial cyst and I haven't seen daylight in days, let alone the outside of the second floor of my house. But all of that is gonna change today: Cyst go BOOM and I've made an appointment with Nurse McSexy for tomorrow! So after my trip to the doctor tomorrow, the next chapter will be posted, along with replies and such that I've missed over the past couple weeks. Thanks guys, for being so understanding, and I'll see you all tomorrow!

Best,
Angela

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

ALL IN ONE WEEK!!! Yeah right. I think you just thew together several scenarios you saw on TV. :p

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:54 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I've been away from the kittenboard for a while and am trying to get caught up on my reading here - I was glad to find this fun story. I'll be watching for updates, as you have time.

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 3C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Here you go guys!!! Replies will be up later tonight!
Any errors are my own...I kinda flubbed on my uber proof-reading skills!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Wow. . .” Tara moaned out, the delight evident in her features, and it made the redhead smile.

“You like it?” Willow asked, dipping another strawberry into the fondue pot.

“I love it. What kind of chocolate is that?” Tara asked around a mouthful.

“It’s my own secret recipe,” Willow replied as she popped a piece of apple into her mouth. “I always add some cherry brandy to it. But the rest is a secret.”

Tara smiled over at the woman. “I bet you used to throw fondue parties, didn’t you?”

“Just a few. . .”

Tara laughed at the woman. “And by ‘few,’ you mean. . .”

“Only six of them a year.”

Tara dipped a pineapple into the fondue pot and held it near the redhead’s mouth. “Well. . .it is good chocolate.”

Willow smiled and leaned forward to pluck the morsel from the blonde’s fingers. “Very good. . .”

The two women locked eyes for a long moment before Tara looked away into the fire. She smiled lightly as she felt the redhead’s eyes still gazing upon her profile. Tara pulled her eyes back to Willow when she felt the woman touch her gently on the knee.

“What are you thinking about over there, Dr. Maclay?” Willow asked softly.

Tara giggled. “Why do you call me that?”

“Because I know that you have a PhD; You’re probably the sexiest doctor I know. But at this point in time, that’s about all I know about you. And I want to know more. So why don’t you tell me something?”

Tara shuddered under Willow’s gaze, and she was glad she was sitting on that blanket. The intensity with which the redhead looked at her caused some not-so-wholesome thoughts to run through the blonde’s mind. “Well. . .I’m a sucker for hot redheads.”

Willow grinned at the blonde’s comment. “For all hot redheads or a specific hot redhead?”

“Hmmm. . .I’ll have to get back to you on that one.” Tara lifted herself from the soft blanket and looked down at Willow. “Nature is calling quite loudly right now. Can you tell me where the bathroom is?”

Willow pointed in the direction of the kitchen. “Just walk through the kitchen and it’s the third door on the left.”

Tara smiled once more before moving toward the kitchen door. Willow watched the blonde walk into the kitchen before standing up and going up the stairs. She walked into her bedroom, grabbing her cell phone from the dresser. She quickly dialed a number and waited for someone to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Why didn’t you tell me this woman was perfect?!

“I thought I did tell you she was perfect?”

The redhead sighed and rolled her eyes. “Okay, fine, you did, but you did NOT tell me she was this perfect!”

“Willow. . .I’m tired and I’ve got a long trip ahead of me the next couple of days. Please enjoy your date tonight. And she‘s not gonna have sex with you; She’s not that type of woman.”

“And I am?”

“Do I need to remind you of Karen? Diane? Jenna? Alicia? Delilah? Should I keep going?”

Willow dropped her head. “That was the old me. . .I’ve changed,” she replied.

“I know you have. But don’t forget about that little reputation you have with the ladies. That won’t go away overnight.” There was a short pause. “This woman is very important to me, and if you hurt her, I’ll be very disappointed in you. Do you hear me?”

“I hear you.” Willow heard the toilet flush downstairs. “Look, I’ve gotta go. I’ll see you a couple days, right?”

“Yes, you will. I love you. See you later.”

Willow smiled. “I love you, too. ‘Night.”

Willow held the phone up to her ear long after the call ended. She took a deep breath and headed back down the stairs.

As she quietly descended the stairs and the living room came in to view, she paused as her eyes found Tara. The blonde woman was standing in front of the fireplace on her toes, staring at Willow’s degrees. Her dark denim jeans seemed to embrace her curves like a mother would hold her only child. Her black sweater hung loosely off her shoulder, exposing the woman’s perfectly sculpted collar bone. Willow looked over at the couch where Tara had discarded her Burberry scarf and jacket. She hadn’t noticed before, but Tara also had shoes that matched the jacket and scarf combo.

From her place on the staircase, Willow could see the blonde’s eyes move delicately over each frame, caressing it with her eyes and seemingly committing each detail to memory.

Her honey blonde hair tumbled down her right shoulder, obscuring that elegant jaw bone that made the redhead weak on sight.

She took a deep breath and continued her descent. Tara heard the woman coming down the stairs and turned to greet her. “Hey there.”

“Hiya back.” Willow walked over and stood next to the blonde. “Admiring my fine choice of frame, are you?”

Tara laughed. “They are nice frames.” She turned to face the redhead. “So when were you going to tell me that you are a genius?”

Willow smiled at the woman. “You never asked.”

“Well, I’m asking now. Degrees from both Yale and Harvard?”

Tara thought she could see the blush rising in Willow’s cheeks. “Yes. And apparently, there’s been some rumor flying around that I graduated egregia cum laude.”

“So. . .that’s not true?” Tara asked.

“Not entirely. . .I only graduated from Yale egregia cum laude.”

“Is that why you keep your degrees here? So you won‘t have to explain yourself?”

Willow nodded. “I like being a bit of an enigma myself.” She smiled over at the blonde and motioned to the blanket still lying on the floor. “More wine?”

Tara shook her head and settled on the blanket next to Willow. “So. . .Principal Rosenberg, how about I un-enigma you right now.”

“Willow laughed as she stretched out on her stomach in front of the blonde. “Shoot.”

Tara looked down at the redhead’s prone body, the exposed skin of her lower back tantalizing Tara until she couldn’t help but run her index finger across the delicate sliver of skin.

Willow moaned softly as she felt Tara’s soft touch upon the small of her back. “I thought you were supposed to be asking me questions, Dr. Maclay?” the redhead asked breathily.

Tara immediately pulled back her hand and apologized. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

Tara was silenced by the redhead’s hand upon her own. “It’s okay. It felt nice. Keep doing it,” she said with a smile. “So. . .ask me anything.”

Tara tentatively moved her hand back to its previous position, stroking the bare skin at the small of Willow’s back. “O-Okay. . .Where were you born?”

“In a little town in Southern California. Sunnydale.”

Tara relaxed a little hearing the redhead’s voice. “Is it pretty there? I’ve never been to California. . .I-I’ve heard it’s pretty.”

“You should go for a visit sometime. I really liked it there, but I just needed a change. That’s one of the reasons I moved here to the East Coast.”

“And the other reasons?” Tara asked.

Tara felt the redhead momentarily stiffen beneath her touch. She withdrew her hand once more. “You don’t have to tell me that. I-I’m sorry for asking such a personal question.”

Willow flipped over and looked into Tara’s eyes. “It’s alright. I told you that you could ask me anything.” She turned her head toward the fire before returning her gaze back to the blonde woman. “My best friend got sent here right before we started middle school. It shattered me when Social Services came to pick him up. I didn’t see him for over ten years. He was sent here to Rhode Island because his dad’s aunt lived here, but. . .she passed away a few months after taking him in. And he went into state custody. And we lost contact after that.”

Tara grabbed the redhead’s hand, gently rubbing her thumb against the back of Willow’s hand. “I’m sorry that happened to you.”

Willow smiled up at the woman. “It’s okay. Because I found him again. He’s coming to visit in a few days for the holidays.”

“That’s wonderful for you. Is the rest of your family coming to visit, also?”

Willow shook her head. “My parents and I aren’t really on speaking terms right now. . .A family fall-out, if you will. But as long as my best friend is going to be here with me, the rest doesn’t really matter,” Willow said, staring at the fire. She turned her attention back to the blonde woman sitting next to her. “So. . .How about you? The holiday season got you all hot and bothered?”

Tara smiled. “It’s, uh. . .not really the holiday that has me all hot and bothered. . .”

Willow returned the grin and turned over to face the blonde. “Hmm. . .Is that right, Dr. Maclay?”

“Maybe. . .” Tara said as she felt the blush rise upon her cheeks. She couldn’t fight the smile that tugged at her lips as she watched the firelight dance upon Willow’s skin. The blonde closed her eyes and drew her bottom lip into her mouth as a shiver moved slowly through her body. There was no doubt about it.

Principle McHottie turned her on beyond belief. And it scared her half to death.

“Willow?” Tara said softly.

“Yes?”

The blonde glanced briefly into Willow’s eyes. “I’ve had a r-really wonderful time tonight. . .”

Willow smiled. “I’m glad that you did. But you’re about to leave, aren’t you?”

Tara nodded slightly, averting her eyes to the roaring fire behind the redhead. Willow stood up from the blanket and reached a hand down toward Tara. “It’s okay, Tara, I understand. I’ll walk you out.”

Tara placed her hand into Willow’s as the redhead hoisted her up from the floor. Tara gathered her belongings and walked to the door, the redhead close behind her. Before she opened the door, she turned around to Willow.

“Thank you for a l-lovely evening, Willow.”

“It was my pleasure, Dr. Maclay. Just promise me one thing?”

“What’s that?”

Willow reached into her pants pocket and pulled out a business card. “Promise me that you’ll call me. Maybe after the holidays. . .We can get coffee. Just. . .call me. Okay?” she finished meekly, her big emerald eyes pleading silently with the blonde.

Tara gingerly took the card from Willow’s hand and placed it in her pocket. “O-Okay. I will.”

Willow nodded and opened the door for Tara. She smile spread across Willow’s lips, and she giggled softly. The cute sound brought a grin to Tara’s lips.

“What’s so funny?” she asked the redhead.

“I’ll show you, just give a second.” Willow walked toward her garage door and pressed a code into the keypad. The large white door slowly lifted, the hum of the motor cutting through the silence of the cold Rhode Island night.

Tara laughed as the inside of Willow’s garage came into view. There in Willow’s garage was the exact same model of Tara’s truck, only it was solid black.

“It’s beautiful, Willow. This was the one I wanted initially, but I saw the silver one. . .and it was love at first crank.”

Willow laughed as she watched the blonde walk toward her. “Come on, I’ll give you the tour of the Black Stallion.”

Tara walked up to the truck, running her hand across the shiny chrome. She sighed happily. “I had dreams about this truck. . .The solid black with the lightweight aluminum rims. . .the chrome grille. . .Double wish-bone suspension, I’m guessing. . .”

“Damn straight,” Willow replied with a smile. She couldn’t help but stare at the woman, her curves so delectably enchanting. Willow’s eyes followed the blonde as she slowly circled the vehicle gracefully around the huge pick-up truck.

“Care to crank her up?” Willow asked as she took the key from her pocket.

Tara smiled and grabbed the key from Willow’s fingers. She hopped up into the truck cab, admiring the charcoal leather with red stitching. She put the key in the ignition and turned it ever so slightly, and the intense purr of the engine echoed in the large garage. Tara turned her head to the side, listening for a few long moments to the engine.

“Did you do something to the motor?”

Willow smiled. “A woman who knows her trucks. . .Be still, my heart.” She walked closer to the blonde. “I just added a higher stall speed on the Torque converter for some extra power. And I didn’t even have to mess with the computer.”

“Nice.” Tara nodded her head appreciatively. She turned the ignition off and jumped out of the truck.

Tara handed Willow the keys. “Maybe. . .after the holidays, we can, I don’t know. . .talk car shop. . .over coffee?”

“I think that can be arranged. . .” Willow replied, slipping her key back into her pocket. “Thank you again for having dinner with me.”

Tara smiled. “It was great, Willow, really. And make sure I get an invite for your next fondue party,” she added with a laugh.

“You’ll be number one on the list. Good night, Tara.”

The women locked eyes for a moment before Tara turned and walked out of the garage. “See you around, Principal Rosenberg.”

“Okay. . .” Willow said as she watched the blonde get into her truck and drive away.

Willow stood in her garage until Tara’s truck disappeared in the distance.

Her mind was filled with images of the beautiful blonde she had met earlier that week. Her smile and that angelic face. . .gave the redhead goosebumps from head to toe.

And it scared her half to death.

She took a deep breath and headed back into her house to clean up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know it’s kind of an abrupt ending, but everything will be fixed up later this week. Thanks for reading and replies will be up later tonight. . .It’s gonna take me awhile, LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs

Aww. The perfect first date. I'm looking forward to seeing Willow and Tara get to know each other. I wonder what they're each so afraid of.

Last edited by BuffyFan4ever on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm 
3. Flaming O

absolutely wonderful. good pacing. great date. it's teriffic, can't wait for more!!!

:pride
tina

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... That was one wonderful first date... Can't wait for the next one...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
AWESOME date! Totally worth the wait. ;-)

I loved that even though they are both these high powered and presumably well paid women, that their first date was on Willow's living room floor. Perfect!

They talked and got to know each other a little better and along with a little teasing...sets the stage for much :wtkiss goodness to come!

Looking forward to your next update and glad that you are feeling better!!

BTW...Willow's quick phone conversation...Faith??????????

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:19 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
So this whole thing is a Faith set-up? No wonder Faith's happy to set up Willow and Tara if Willow slept with Delilah. Very ... "hey, I know the perfect woman so you can keep your hands off my perfect woman..." But also sweet. The trucks cracked me up. Butch academics huh? How funny that Willow was saying that she didn't know anything about Tara then called Faith? to say that Tara was perfect. Anyway, it will be nice to see what's next.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

very interesting story...I loved the truck banner back and forth...good stuff...keep up the good work

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:32 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

tee-hee, car talk...
It's Xander, isn't it? *sigh* poor wittle Xander...
How does Tara know Xander again? Have you told us?

Last edited by KnightlyLove on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:58 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hmmm. Just a guess, but the call wasn't to Faith, was it?

Phone call: "long trip ahead of me"
"see you in a couple of days"
And there were no gender descriptors.

Willow to Tara:
"He’s coming to visit in a few days for the holidays.”

Still just guessing.

Truck scene was wonderful.

I'm loving this story.

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 3A
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:28 am 
4. Extra Flamey

FEEDBACK FROM CHAPTER 3A

beautiful_love wrote:
Dibs! So interested to see how their dinner works out. And I loved this:
Quote:
This Willow seemed nervous. And talkative. And sweet. And achingly adorable. And still incredibly sexy.

Perfect description. Looking forward to more.

I hope you enjoyed the whole dinner date...I'm pretty sure that there may be more of them in the future for Willow and Tara.

Thanks for reading!!

indigokane wrote:
loved the update. but that kid should have been expelled! little creep.

He totally should have been expelled...and in real life, I think he probably would have been, LOL.

Quote:
very aggressive and determined Willow! a cover for a spazzy babbler? we shall see...

Guess you'll have to wait and see...

Quote:
ahhhh school fantasies.

I had entirely TOO many naughty thoughts about some of my professors...and I had several of them who were bonafide hotties...Oh, how I do miss the college life.

Quote:
keep up the good work, can't wait for dinner!!!!!

tina

Thank you so much! Hope you've enjoyed it so far!

taranwillow4ever wrote:
Enjoying this story. I am looking forward to the date.

Glad you're enjoying it! And I hope you enjoyed the date, too. There will more than likely be several more in the future.

Quote:
I would kill for someone to be that forward as WIllow was.

Wouldn't we all? There's nothing like meeting a woman who speaks her mind in a tactful and sexy way. I've met a few of those women...unfortunately, they were all in relationships and all straight, LOL.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you keep enjoying the story.

Ariel wrote:
Angela,

This story is wonderful!

The humor, the rich sense of real lives; I feel like I'm right in the kitchen or right in Willow's office with them and girlfriend, that rocks!

Aww... I'm blushing...True story.

Quote:
The way you write them looking at each other - how do you do it? So hot, so sexy!

Two words: PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. lol I'm a big eye person; The sexiest thing to me are a woman's eyes. So much emotion can be conveyed by a simple look. And that's what I was trying to work up in the story: Eye contact is GOLDEN. It's true...I fold like a little baby when girls give me sad, puppy eyes. It's so disturbing, lol.

Quote:
Also already care about Garrison and Del - I love interesting secondary characters.

Glad you care for them...because I do, too.

Quote:
Anyway, write me down as one of your many fans!

Yay for fans!!
And thank you for the kind words...Always makes my heart happy!
Hope you've enjoyed the story so far!

Jenga wrote:
im loving this story. tara and willow are super hot as professional women. cant wait for the next update.

Glad you're loving it! And W/T are hot all the time...I just wanted them to be hot as boss ladies, LOL! Hope you've enjoyed the story so far, and I hope you keep reading...It'll get more interesting, I hope!

LonelyTara wrote:
The tension here was breathtaking. I was blushing by the end of it!

I was blushing while I was writing it!

Quote:
On the age issue, I have to say I'm a Dept. Chair for a masters program and I'm only in my thirties, so I don't think Willow and Tara are too young for their gigs, particularly since they're brilliant and hottie-hot.

Well, that makes me feel a lot better! Here I was thinking that I'd written them a little too young...And WOOOOT for Dept. Chairs!

Quote:
Quote:
Tara couldn’t help reciprocating the smile that popped up on Willow’s face; It wasn’t anything like the calm, self-assured and incredibly sexy principal she had seen that morning.

This Willow seemed nervous. And talkative. And sweet. And achingly adorable. And still incredibly sexy.

Great moment. I'm glad they managed to hold back their passion, but I have to admit there was a part of me that really wanted Tara to just run across the room and tear Willow's clothes off!

I think you read my mind throughout the entire writing session for this chapter...and I have yet to write a sex scene...Still getting up the nerve!

Quote:
This really is going wonderfully so far, very sweet, but very, very sexy, and I agree with other comments--the OOC characters are great!

Thank you for the accolades! I hope that you continue to enjoy it, it ahould be getting better soon.

KnightlyLove wrote:
souuuuper cute! I love this Willow. Gawdamn. Wednesday do please come soon!

HHAAHAHAHAHA! "souper cute" LOL! And Willow....sigh....I've just recently gotten a taste of the redheads. And they are quite fun. And incredibly sexy...I hope you've enjoyed the story so far, and I hope you keep on reading! Thanks!

arsyadriani wrote:
yay..for Monday update-y goodness
and you promised for early update..big YAY

I did and I did! LOL, but sorry that last Friday's update fell through. It's been a tough couple of weeks, but I'm starting to get back on track with everything, so I hope you keep enjoying the story!! Thanks for reading!

deviantART wrote:
Mc Hotties it's a nice one
great story i really love it !

LOL, It's my favorite nickname!! And I'm so glad that you're enjoying the story! Thank you for reading!

zampsa19752001 wrote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for persistant Willow... Can't wait for their dinner cooking date...

Thanks! And persistent Willow is soooo sexy!! I hope you enjoyed the dinner date and sorry about the late replies!! Thanks for reading!

Laragh wrote:
Just wanted to say, haven't caught up yet, crazy busy, but I love, love, love the premise and I promise I'll get around to proper reading/feedback as soon as I can!

Peace out Hallowhedon Roomie (which is your nickname from now on )

LARAGH! I know you're a busy lady, so I understand. I do appreciate the comment, though, Hallowhedon Roomie. (which is your nickname, too. )

ceridwen wrote:
Great fic, I'm loving it!!

Thanks for loving it!! Hope you continue to do so.

Quote:
The way you portray Willow reminds me of Bette from the L word *drools*

Bette is a prominent influence in Willow's character in this story. I thought it would be pretty cool to see Willow as a sexy confident woman who still had her Willow-esque qualities that we all love, LOL. And those qualities will come to light as the story progresses.

Thanks again for reading!

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
LonelyTara - I bow to the voice of experience :-).

There's nothing sexier than a woman who's full of collegiate experience.

Quote:
Yes, this Willow is definitely a "no-nonsense" type; goes for the heart!

Yes, she does. Confident women are so down-played to me sometimes. They're taken for snobs or unapproachable, but I find it incredibly sexy...a woman who doesn't take crap and takes care of her own.

Quote:
I touched on end-of-semester hassles in a very different way in my fic "Old Marrieds" which is in the Archives soemwhere. ALtho in my own 'verse it's Tara's duaghter who's the mini-Faith. Fiath's duaghter is more like my duaghter.

I haven't read that many stories that have Faith as a mom. I will most definitely check it out.

Quote:
This dinner should be quite a warm occasion, looking forward to it.

I do hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you enjoy what follows!

Thanks for reading!!

Finey_McFine wrote:
I love the no nonsense Willow...a la' Bette in her early days at the gallery. H-O-T!

Yes....too H-O-T for me! LOL

Quote:
Tara made me laugh a little in this chapter. I mean, she wants to go out with Willow, but she puts her off and makes her practically beg for a date. Very cute and awesome build of up tension.

Thanks! I looooove tension, especially when it comes to getting a hot date. And I live for awkward moments, LOL.

Quote:
I can't wait for their first date!!!

I hope you enjoyed the date...and there will be more to come! Thanks for reading!!

lonelylanding wrote:
Man I really want to find out who Willow got the info from! I can't wait for the dinner date it sounds very interesting

nice update btw

Only time will tell. I will tell you this, though...Someone has guessed the correct person. But I'm not telling who! LOL

Thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to!

love_2003 wrote:
Persistent Willow is super sexy! I'm hoping their dinner has at least one

Yes!! Who doesn't love Persistent Willow?? And sorry there was no kissage...I promise I'll make up for it later??

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!!

JustSkipIt wrote:
Ok I'm taking a point away from willow for asking tara on a date where tara is expected to cook but I'm giving her twop points for directness andperseverance.

I hope Willow is even on the point scale now...and I thought that more people would comment on the fact that Willow was asking Tara to cook on their first date. That happened to me one time...and I never had to cook another meal for that girl, LOL! I hope you've enjoyed the story so far, and I hope you continue to keep up with it. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by angieb86 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

FEEDBACK FOR CHAPTER 3B

BuffyFan4ever wrote:
Dibs
Quote:
“Well, duh. You give good cleavage, T. Consider it a gift. A very comfy, globular, D-sized present for Principal McHottie,” Faith said with a grin.

“You’re disturbing on so many levels.”

Faith shrugged and stood up from the step. “It’s why you love me.”

Quote:
Garrison chuckled. “Well, in that case, you should dress comfortably. No need to wear something that’s hard to get out of.”

Tara rolled her eyes. “You’re almost as bad as you mother.”

Garrison smiled as he pulled a pair of dark denim jeans from a hanger. “It’s why you love me.”

Both quotes are funny on their own, but the symmetry between them makes them hilarious.

Thanks a lot!! I'm hoping there are more funny moments to come!

Quote:
Willow reached over and placed a single finger beneath the blonde’s chin. “Mysterious. . .Enigmatic. . .Rare. . .Beautiful.”

“Huh?” Tara swooned as her skin burned like fire where the redhead touched her.

“That’s what the blue rose means. It means you’re a beautiful mystery to me, Dr. Tara Maclay. And I plan on spending a lot of time remedying that.”

Quote:
Perfect summary of Willow's feelings for Tara. Of course now you've ruined my plan to quickly look up the meaning of blue roses on Wikipedia to sound really knowledgeable.

Teehee! Sorry about that! But I'm glad that you enjoyed the update! And please...keep reading and enjoying the story...It makes me happy!

zampsa19752001 wrote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... I really liked the blue rose... Great beginning for their date... Can't wait for the rest of it...

Glad you enjoyed the beginning, and I hope you liked the end as well!

Thanks for reading!

WR/TM wrote:
I am so loving this story...great update can't wait for the next!!!

Glad that you're loving it...And I hope you're gonna keep reading! Thanks!!

SMGOVAN wrote:
Very promising start to the date. I loved the blue rose...very romantic.

Glad you liked!

Quote:
I'm a bit quirky. So, I found something in this update very amusing that most people probably did not even notice and You probably did not do intentionally. Before I tell you what that is, Let me first state that I am black and in no way trying to be offensive to any kittens out there,who are black or otherwise...

Faith works at 'Brown' university, teaching 'African American' lit to a bunch of 'lazy' (which black people are sometimes accused of being) students... I'm sorry..but it made me laugh...

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! You're right...I totally didn't even notice that! But since you've pointed it out, it does make me el oh el!

Thanks for reading...and thanks for the laugh, too!

Ariel wrote:
Angela,

Mmmm! Lots of goodies here . . .

Love the sunset description and its inability to brighten Tara's mood, nice contrast - tells alot about her, her routine, and highlights her growing attraction.

Glad you loved it!

Quote:
Nice seeing Del and Garrison spending time.

Del and Garrison actually have more of a background together...It will be revealed more as the story goes on.

Quote:
LOVE how romantic Willow is; rose, fire, blanket on the floor.

I WISH I could find a woman who would let me treat her to a nice first date...but we're all about the karaoke and the bar scene here, LOL.

Quote:
Again, you are so good at using clothes and very sensuous language. the perfume description was to die for!

So, my same old thing: write write write!

Ariel

Aww, thanks!! And I'm trying to write as much as I can! Ther next chapter should be up within the next hour! Thanks for reading!

Finey_McFine wrote:
Angie...I am so loving this story!! Strong, sexy and confident Willow = H-O-T! The blue rose was genius, so romantic. Can you even get blue roses? Hmmm...I'm going to have to check into that.

You can order blue roses, but it's a lot more fun to make them yourself.

Quote:
I have to say, I really love that Faith is smart and successful. I always thought that if she'd been given a fair shot at life, that she would have out done Buffy on many levels. Garrison, quirky and adorable. Love him. Exactly what I'd expect Faith's son to be like.

I totally concur. I LOOOOVE Faith. And Garrison has been a lot of fun to write; He's probably my favorite secondary character I've created.

Quote:
I'm excited about the date!! It gives me something to look forward to after a long day at work. Can't wait for Friday!!

BTW...Thanks for all the updates this week!!

Sorry that you had to wait, but I do hope you enjoyed the date!

bouncer73 wrote:
Jumping up and down...wooo and a hoo..that was magic...Very intrigued with this story can't wait to see where it goes from here

Hope you enjoyed the direction it took. And there will be more W/T dates in the future, so keep a lookout! Thanks for reading!

LonelyTara wrote:
Swoon-y goodness.

Glad I could swoon you with my words. Glad you enjoyed it. . .And still missing you around these parts!!

beautiful_love wrote:
Oh a fabulous update. So glad to see it on this dreary rainy evening.

Ahh, there's nothing like reading on a rainy evening. It's my fave!

Quote:
Anyway the roses... nice touch. Very romantic. And the discussion between Faith and Tara's on Tara's cup size had me actually laughing out loud. Very cute start to the date. And I just have to say, Willow and Tara in the world of academia... really beyond sexy.

Thanks for the compliment. . .And I find it so much fun to reference boobies as much as possible. I guess you can say I have a mild obsession with them, LOL. And yum yum! to Hot Willow and Tara!! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the rest of the date!

KnightlyLove wrote:
not enough!
damn they're SOOOO FLIRTY! it was making me blush just reading it.

Sorry I made you blush. But I'm taking it as a compliment that I'm getting this flirty writing technique down, LOL!

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed the date!

love_2003 wrote:
Awesome start to the date so far. I love how Willow is acting so confident and kinda take charge with the date.

The only thing equally as sexy as take charge Willow. . .is Take-Charge Tara. And yummy sexy goodness to both of those mental images...LOL. Glad you enjoyed the start of the date, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of it as well.

Thanks for reading!!

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
So many things I like here; flower symbolism, brand name checking, the importance of odors in communication (too bad you didn't say what if anything Tara was wearing *g,) color interplay.

Glad you liked. And sorry about excluding a Tara description in the first part of the date. Hope I made up for it, though.

Quote:
Garrison; I'm picking up a hint of stereotyping here but it's not strong yet.

You're the only person who got that, too. I still haven't figured out whether I want to carry that all the way through or not though.

Quote:
Re cup size; odd circumstance is I'm not really a breast guy but my ex was 44D.

Me also looking forward.

I'm not ashamed. . .I'm a breast gal through and through. It's not the only thing I look at, or the first thing I look at for that matter, but they are a definite bonus.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you've enjoyed it so far.

wiccanvixen wrote:
I am really enjoying this story!! I'm looking forward to the next update!! HEY, Can you guess what time it is??? Its peanutbutter jelly time!!!!!!

I'm glad that you're enjoying it!! Thanks for reading.

P.S. Now that it's peanutbutter jelly time. . .I've realized that I left my baseball bat.

indigokane wrote:
loved the update!!!

Faith and Garrison are a riot.

Roses and a cozy dinner at home? Willow is serious about romancing! and she's off to a great start, can't wait to see where it goes from there.

keep up the great work.

tina

Thanks for the accolades! And Willow is a serious romancer. . .She learned it from MEEE! LOL

Hope you enjoy the rest of the date and the next chapter, too.

Thanks for reading.

JustSkipIt wrote:
Very sweet start to the date.

Thank you kindly, ma'am. *bows gracefully* *then falls flat on face*

Glad you enjoyed it. And hope you like the next part, too.

BuffyFan4ever wrote:
ALL IN ONE WEEK!!! Yeah right. I think you just thew together several scenarios you saw on TV.

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm looking forward to the next update.

LOL, I wish I had made them up, but that was real life for a week. But my friends are doing better, and they've slipped back into a normal routine. Just keep them in your thoughts.

And I'm not even all the way better yet! :( The doctor called me earlier today to tell me that the culture she took last week didn't come back the way she was expecting, so now I'm on another antibiotic. And i'm a little allergic to it. I've been up itching all night. Talk about frustrating...

And thanks for the well wishes.

Morrigan wrote:
I've been away from the kittenboard for a while and am trying to get caught up on my reading here - I was glad to find this fun story. I'll be watching for updates, as you have time.

Glad you could make it back to the KB. And I'm glad that you've enjoyed my story so far. I sure do hope the next chapter keeps you entertained!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my story.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:04 am 
4. Extra Flamey

BuffyFan4ever wrote:
Dibs

Aww. The perfect first date. I'm looking forward to seeing Willow and Tara get to know each other. I wonder what they're each so afraid of.

Congrats on the dibs!!

Their fears will be revealed as the story goes on. . .

I'm glad you enjoyed the date. . .and I plan to make their "getting to know each other" phase as thorough as possible, LOL.

Glad you enjoyed and thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy chapter 4, too!!

indigokane wrote:
absolutely wonderful. good pacing. great date. it's teriffic, can't wait for more!!!

tina

Thank you muchly! And enjoy chapter 4!

zampsa19752001 wrote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... That was one wonderful first date... Can't wait for the next one...

Glad you liked it. And enjoy chapter 4!

Thanks for reading and keeping up with the story.

Finey_McFine wrote:
AWESOME date! Totally worth the wait.

I loved that even though they are both these high powered and presumably well paid women, that their first date was on Willow's living room floor. Perfect!

Yes! Most people tend to shy away from that much intimacy on a first date, but if you've got it... I don't see the big deal about it. That's just me, though.

Quote:
They talked and got to know each other a little better and along with a little teasing...sets the stage for much goodness to come!

It goodness will come...Just probably not as soon as you think.

Quote:
Looking forward to your next update and glad that you are feeling better!!

Thank you! I think I'd feel a lot better if I weren't taking all these meds. :(

Hope you enjoy the next chapter!!

Quote:
BTW...Willow's quick phone conversation...Faith??????????

Nope! Not Faith... Guess you'll have to read on!

JustSkipIt wrote:
So this whole thing is a Faith set-up? No wonder Faith's happy to set up Willow and Tara if Willow slept with Delilah. Very ... "hey, I know the perfect woman so you can keep your hands off my perfect woman..." But also sweet.

Nope...It's not Faith, LOL. But I do agree that if it were Faith that would be very sweet.

Quote:
The trucks cracked me up. Butch academics huh?

Sorry. . .I couldn't resist! I had to throw my truck in there somewhere, LOL. I do dream about that truck...True story.

Quote:
How funny that Willow was saying that she didn't know anything about Tara then called Faith? to say that Tara was perfect. Anyway, it will be nice to see what's next.

I guess that phone call threw a lot of people for a loop! But I'm glad that you've enjoyed the story so far, and I hope chapter 4 is as equally entertaining.

bouncer73 wrote:
very interesting story...I loved the truck banner back and forth...good stuff...keep up the good work

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you continue reading to Chapter 4!

KnightlyLove wrote:
tee-hee, car talk...
It's Xander, isn't it? *sigh* poor wittle Xander...
I love slutty Willow. Gah. They shoulda just done it.
How does Tara know Xander again? Have you told us?

WHo doesn't love car talk?...LOL and I totally had to look all that stuff up, LOL I know jack shit about cars. All I know is that I dream about Nissan Titans. *sigh*

I agree...They should have just done it...But I'm still get over my sex scene fear, LOL.

And I'm not revealing anything...You'll just have to keep reading to find out!

Hope you enjoy chapter 4. I think you will, LOL.

4festa wrote:
Hmmm. Just a guess, but the call wasn't to Faith, was it?

Phone call: "long trip ahead of me"
"see you in a couple of days"
And there were no gender descriptors.

Willow to Tara:
"He’s coming to visit in a few days for the holidays.”

Still just guessing.

Truck scene was wonderful.

I'm loving this story.

Faith is definitely the most popular choice...but she's not it!

It doesn't matter because the answer will be revealed in the next chapter...SO keep on reading! Because I appreciate your interest in my story! Hope you enjoy the next update.

Title: Count to Ten

Author: angieb86 a.k.a. Angela

Feedback: Would be extra extra appreciated. I've had this story in my mind for a while now, and I've put everything else on hold until I can finish this one. So if it sucks, please let me know so that I won't embarrass myself.

Spoilers: None.

Setting: AU. There are no real demons, just the ones everyone has to battle at one point in life. This story takes place in Rhode Island; Willow and Tara are in their 30's.

Rating: Overall R, may get spicy later.

Disclaimer: Please don't sue me Mutant Enemy. Or anyone else. I'm only writing this story for the pure enjoyment of it. So don't sue.

Summary: Willow and Tara are at the height of their careers, powerful women in powerful positions. Neither wants a relationship, but what can you say when your heart tells you otherwise? Will they listen to their hearts, or will they put their feelings on the backburner to further their careers?

Note: It looks like I'm going to have to change my posting day to Tuesdays. I always have Tuesdays off work, but they always have me closing on Monday nights at work. I figured I may as well call it a Tuesday rather than late Monday night.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ONE WEEK LATER

Faith, Tara and Garrison leisurely walked around Providence Place, the mall buzzing with the late holiday shoppers. It was the day before Christmas Eve, and all three of them were shopping for late holiday gifts.

Tara and Faith stopped in front of the Pandora. They heard the loud groan from Garrison as he trudged up behind them. “Come on, people. . .Not another jewelry store! How many necklaces and bracelets can you possibly wear at one time??”

They both laughed at the boy as Faith reached into her pocket and pulled out a gift card. She handed it to Garrison and ran her hand through his hair. “Alright, kid. I guess your and aunt and I have tortured you enough today. Happy Early Christma-hana-quanza-kah, Gar.”

His brown eyes lit up as he took the gift card out of Faith’s hands. He looked up at his mom. “All of this. . .for me?”

Faith turned and smiled at Tara. “Yep. . .All five hundred smackeroos. You’re almost sixteen now. . .So go nuts. You’ve earned it.”

Garrison pulled both Faith and Tara into a huge bear hug, picking them both up off the floor. “I love you guys! This is awesome!”

They smiled at Garrison as he placed them both gently back on the ground. “We love you, too. Now go shop, and we’ll meet back here in an hour.”

“Okay!” And with one swift movement, Garrison was out of sight.

They turned and walked into the jewelry store, perusing the charms that were on display.

Tara turned and looked over at Faith. “So. . .have you heard from him yet?”

Faith nodded. “Yes, I have. He’s been in town for the past few days, visiting a friend of his. He’s stopping by for dinner tonight I think, to surprise Garrison.”

Tara nodded. “Good. Because I’ve missed him.”

Faith smiled at her best friend. “Yeah. . .Me, too.”

“How about Del, is she coming over, too?”

“Nope. She’s in New York, spending the holiday with her family.”

Faith nodded toward the exit and they began walking past more stores. Tara abruptly came to a halt in front of the Coach store. “I think I may be having a bag attack today.”

“You have more purses in your closet than underwear. . .Don’t you see something a little wrong with that?”

“There is nothing wrong with some pricey, durable, American leather-y wonderfulness, Faith.”

Faith laughed as Tara dragged her into the expensive purse outlet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Willow walked around Yankee Candle, occasionally sniffing a candle or two. She was standing in the aisle, trying to decide between Fluffy Towels and Midnight Oasis, when she heard her name being called from a few feet away. She looked up and smiled as her best friend came into sight. “Where did you go?” she asked.

“Well, I went on a bathroom adventure, got lost somewhere between Urination Island and Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Paradise.”

“You’re disgusting, Xander.”

He sighed and smiled at the redhead. “I never tire of hearing you call me gross names.”

Willow smiled and held up the two candles in her hand. “So. . .which one?”

He sniffed both of them and looked at the labels. He scrunched his face up as he read. “They have got to pick better names for these candles.”

“Says the guy who just went on a bathroom adventure to Urination Island,” Willow retorted. “Come on, which one?”

He smelled each candle again and held up Midnight Oasis. “And the midgets win!”

“What in the frilly heck are you talking about?” Willow asked, looking up at her best friend.

Xander looked back innocently at Willow. “I picked this candle. . .The Midget Oasis one,” he replied, waving the glass jar in the air.

Willow couldn’t hold back the bark of laughter that erupted from her. “That doesn‘t say ‘midget’. . .It says midnight, you goof.”

Xander’s cheeks flushed slightly. “Hey. . .it was an honest mistake, probably made by many people who have trouble using the brain part of the head.”

“Or all those Xander-shaped people who don’t pay attention to the details.”

“Eh. . .What’s in a detail anyway?” Xander said as he placed the other candle back on the shelf.

Willow was about to respond when she caught a flash of blonde hair enter the store. She grabbed Xander’s arm and dragged him to the back corner of the store.

“Will. . .What’s going on? You never shop in the back of the candle store. . .It’s where all the bad, smelly candles end up.”

“I’m back here because I’m pretty sure Tara just walked in here. I think she’s at the counter,” she whispered harshly.

Xander peeked over the candle displays, his eyes falling upon the beautiful blonde who was indeed standing at the counter talking to the cashier.

“Well. . .that’s definitely her.” He turned back to Willow and smiled. “And she’s prettier than I remembered. Why don’t you go say hi to her, Will?”

“I can’t just go say hi to her! I’m on holiday vacation, and I’m not ready to put on my game face yet. I don’t. . .feel like sexy, confident, ice cold Principal Willow Rosenberg today. I feel like Willow, computer geek and Xander’s best friend today. I don’t think Tara will like the geek in me.”

“You do know that Ice Cold Willow and Best Friend Willow are the exact same person, right?”

“No, they aren’t! The clothes make the man, or in my case, woman. . .and I am so not dressed ice cold today.”

“I think the Care Bear shirt is ice cold, Willster.” Xander looked over the display rack again. “Plus, it doesn’t matter what you feel at this point because she’s walking this way. Tell me how it goes!” Xander kissed her on the cheek and was sneaking off in the opposite direction of the blonde.

Willow was sweating bullets as she pretended to look at the discounted candles. She could smell the blonde before she even approached. Willow inhaled deeply as Tara’s scent wafted through the air, subtly overpowering the scent of the hundreds of candles surrounding her.

The heady scent of lavender and vanilla filled the redhead’s senses, making her stomach flutter and her lips curve into a smile. Tara. . .

“Willow?”

The redhead’s eyes flew open when she heard Tara’s voice close to her ear. She turned around to see Tara smiling back at her, a cute lop-sided grin gracing her lips.

“Tara, hi. How are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks,” the blonde replied. “I-I almost didn’t recognize you. If it weren’t for your hair, I wouldn’t have known,” she finished with a laugh.

Willow pulled at her bright green t-shirt. “You don’t like my Care Bear shirt?”

Tara giggled at the blushing redhead. “I love your shirt. . .It suits you, actually, more so than the tailored suits.”

“You really think so?” Willow asked, meekly looking up at the blonde woman. “’Cause I have to say, I walked by half the student body from Tremwell and a handful of the staff members today, and no one recognized me. . .Well, except for you.” She continued to tug uncomfortably at her top. “Am I really that un-recognizable in regular clothes?”

Tara smiled. “I t-think you look rather adorable.”

“Thanks.” Willow grinned at the beautiful woman standing in front of her, the familiar warmth of desire flooding her veins. . .just like it did the first time she laid eyes on Tara.

But the spell was broken when a loud voice boomed through the store. “Hey, T! You in here?!”

Tara quickly turned her head around and waved a hand in Faith’s direction. “Over here!” she said as Faith came stomping down the middle aisle.

“I was wonderin’ where you disappeared to. . .We’ve got to meet up with Gar in a little while, so if you want to-”

Faith’s words were replaced by a wide smile when she saw the shorter redhead standing in front of Tara.

“Well, well. . .” she said looking from Willow to Tara and back again. “If it isn’t Principal McHot--”

Faith’s words were swallowed as she felt Tara’s elbow strike her hard in the stomach. “--Rosenberg!” she wheezed out. “Pleased to meet you.”

Faith held out her hand toward the redhead and looked over at Tara who was glaring dangerously at Faith.

Willow looked between the two women with confusion before taking Faith’s proffered hand. “Likewise. And you must be Faith Lehane; I’ve heard a lot about you. Not from Tara, but around the education community here. Because I hang out a lot with them, being a principal and all. Not that it makes me any more special than any other staff member at Tremwell, but either way, you and Dean Maclay here are the definite talks of the town. It’s an honor.”

“Thank you,” Faith said with a smile, her voice finally going back to its normal register.

“You’ll have to excuse her, Willow; Apparently 20 years of living with me, and she still hasn’t learned any manners,” Tara said, still glaring at the dark haired woman.

Faith shook her head and turned back to the redhead. “It was nice meeting you, Willow, but we’ve got to head out. We let Garrison loose in this place with a gift card, so there’s no telling what he’s gotten into for the past hour.”

Willow smiled nervously. “No, it’s okay, I understand.”

Tara turned to the redhead, placing her hand gently on her shoulder. “I-It was nice seeing you again, Willow. I’ll call you in a few days?”

The redhead’s eyes instantly lit up at the prospect of seeing the blonde so soon. “I’ll be waiting,” she replied, locking eyes with the blonde.

Tara nodded once more and headed toward the front of the store. As soon as they were outside of the store, Tara whipped around and scolded Faith. “I can’t believe you almost called her that to her face! What were you thinking, Faith?! Why must you act like a horny teenager all the time?”

“Tara Elizabeth Maclay, I’m your best friend. And it’s my duty to get you laid! She is so into you. . .I could see it in her big green googly eyes. . .Big, googly eyes that never left your face the entire time I was standing there. She wants you, T. And you need to know that!”

“You think she wants me? Really?”

“Jesus, are you kidding me?! T. . .She was a total bundle of nerves around you. You make her nervous; I could feel it from 5 feet away! I remember the first time I saw her at the Tremwell Open House: She was a powerhouse; she commanded attention from every person around her, and she was confident. One look at you, and she turns into a puddle of nervous, babbling energy.”

“R-Really?”

“No. It’s totally your tits.”

Tara punched Faith in the arm. “Don’t you ever get tired of picking on me?”

Faith smiled. “Never.” They spotted Garrison up ahead sitting on a bench outside of Pandora. “But I was being serious, T. Just think about it. I think both of you need a good ol’ fashioned raunchy romp in the sack.”

“Hey! Your son is right here!” Tara yelped as they approached Garrison. He stood up with several bags in his hands.

“Please don’t repeat that sentence, Mom. I have this feeling in my viscera that it will really ruin my awesome shopping high.”

Faith chuckled as she reached over to grab some of Garrison’s bags. “Come on, kiddo.” She turned and hooked her free arm in Tara’s. “Best friend. . . Let’s get home.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Garrison and Tara spent the entirety of Christmas Eve afternoon cooking. Garrison had just checked on the cookies baking in the oven. The rest of the meal was already prepared and waiting to be eaten. Garrison threw his oven mitt upon the counter and turned to his mother who was sipping on a glass of red wine. “So, who are we cooking all this food for? I don’t think we can eat this all by ourselves.”

“We’ve got a couple of people coming over for dinner tonight, buddy. You know. . .Just Buffy, Dawn and the gang.” She reached into the closest cupboard and pulled out plates. “Here, why don’t you go ahead and set the table while I go check on your aunt.”

Garrison nodded and set upon his task as Faith climbed up the stairs to find Tara. She found the woman standing in front of her mirror, smoothing her blouse down. She glanced up when she heard her bedroom door creak open softly. She smiled at Faith as she slipped on her shoes. “Everything in order, Faith?”

“Yep. He should be here any minute. And I think he’s bringing his friend he’s been staying with, too.”

“Well, that shouldn’t be a problem; We cooked plenty of food for an extra person. . .and that’s even counting the extra portions I made for Buffy.”

Faith laughed as they both headed downstairs. “I can hardly believe that a woman as small as she is can pack so much food into her body. It defies all laws of everything.”

They both turned and threw a glance into the dining room. Garrison had finished setting the table , and they found him taking the cookies out of the oven and placing them on the cooling tray.

Tara smiled at her nephew. “You look handsome, Gar. Did you buy that yesterday with your gift card?”

“No, Aunt Tara. You bought this tie for me last Christmas, remember?”

Tara giggled. “I remember. . .I was just making sure that you did.”

“Yeah, right. . .” Garrison said with a snort.

The loud ring of the door bell echoed throughout the house. Garrison looked expectantly at his mother, waiting for her to walk to the entrance to let in the guests. She looked right back at him. “What? Are your legs broken, kiddo? Go answer the door,” she said with a smile as they followed him to the front door.

He unlocked the door and opened it. A smile immediately crossed his face before a look of shock and confusion overtook his features. Tara and Faith rounded the corner with digital cameras snapping pictures. Tara came to a grinding halt as she saw who was standing in her doorway.

Faith, Tara and Garrison all blinked hard, making certain that they were all seeing the same thing. Garrison was the first to break the silence.

“Uh, Dad?. . .Can you tell me why you’re here with my principal?”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TBC next Tuesday. . .Hope you guys are enjoying it so far. Thanks for reading! : - )

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 4 3/29
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:59 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!!

Ohhhhhh, Wow! KILLER CLIFFHANGER!!! Don't leave us hanging, girlfriend! :pray :pray :pray

Loved Willow in the CareBear t-shirt, all lost without her power clothes, so cuuuute! And the lovely babble attack! :love

Also loved booming-voiced Faith cutting right to the chase, under attack by Tara's deadly elbow! :lmao :rofl :lmao

Sorry Del's not around for the holidays! :sob

Long wait, but you delivered the goods! :)

Hope you're feeling better! :flower

Keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:09 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

God..I don't think I can wait until next Tuesday :smash
that's gonna be long waiting update...hope you're gonna make it up ;-)
great update anyway :pinky

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:20 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... So Xander is Gar's dad and Willow came with him to the dinner... Can't wait for Tara's & Willow's reactions...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:34 am 
5. Willowhand

Whoa! What? Ok just let me think here for a second...

Awesome update. I love the dynamics between Faith and Tara. And of course Willow and Xander were adorable. You can't make us wait another week for an update. That's cruel and unusual punishment.

An Everyday Life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next