The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have a problem or 2 that I'd like Tara to help me out with to!! Willow, you sly dog!...Can't wait to read about the "Business Dinner" ;-) .. What did that asshole kid say?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:16 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ok. I blame you fully. So I read part one and then the song Hey There Delilah stuck in my head and then I downloaded it on ITunes. And now I've listened to it another like 25 times and it's still stuck in there.

Anyway, W/T seem quite sexy and I like the relationship with all Tara's friends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Others have said before me and better than I how smoothly this story has de3vloped its backstory and its main plot.

I like Delilah (Garrison too); I always enjoy original characters when they're well-integrtaed into the ficverse with the canon characters. (I have a slew of originals in my own subverse so I like when others pull it off, and Delilah works perfectly.)

Nit-picks (sorry, can't avoid my favorite sport) Willow's a bit too young and Tara way young for those jobs. But who really cares :-)?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
indigokane wrote:
DIBS!!!!

Congrats on the DIBS!!

Quote:
loved the update! but i really want to know what that kid said!

Ask and ye shall receive...the PG version.

Quote:
Garrison defending Tara's honor was wonderful, he is definately Faiths little boy. Reminds me alot of my nephew, cussing and fighting included!

I only have one nephew who's really aggressive...Needless to say, he takes after me.

Quote:
You're doing great, but I did get a little lost at the begining of the update, I had no idea why they were returning to the office, thought i might have missed an update.

Sorry about that...I have a problem with continuity sometimes. I noticed that a lot of my problems with finishing stories was the fact that I tried to fill in every time space available, and I would toil over passages where I would have to skip anything longer than a couple hours. So this was kind of my test to see if I could write this story without making myself crazy with second to second details. And I really hope that makes at least a little bit of sense, LOL

Quote:
It's going great, can't wait for more

Thanks! Hope you enjoy this little update!

beautiful_love wrote:
Just a little bit of a cliff hanger. Lol. I'm definitely enjoying the story though. Love the family dynamics. Can't wait for another chapter.

Yeah, sorry about that! But I hope that my updating twice this week will make up for it. And I'm glad that you're enjoying the story, and I hope you enjoy the updates this week!

Quote:
P.S. Thanks for the plug on the update thread.

No problem. I LOVE your story!

Bellalocke wrote:
Okay, Two things:

1.) Business Willow + Suprised Tara = Total flirty hotness.
2.) Gar is awesome and I do wish that I knew what Dev (the asshole!) said to make Gar punch him.

Haahahaaa!! ANY Willow and Tara is total hotness! And you will totally find out number 2 when you read the first part of chapter 3!

Quote:
SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next update!

I hope you enjoy it part 1 of Chapter 3!!

Quote:
ps ok so that was three things... what can I say, the hotness of your Willow and Tara make my brain mush

I do appreciate that! Makes me feel like I'm doin' an okay job at attempting to make these characters come off the way I'm intending them to.

arsyadriani wrote:
and you really got me to say...I can't wait for Monday to come..

WOOOOT for me!!! I have achieved the impossible: making people excited about Mondays! LOL

Quote:
]
Quote:
“I seem to have a little problem; I thought maybe I could use your help. Maybe over dinner sometime this week?”

hope it wasn't just Dean Maclay's Imagination.

It was definitely not her imagination....

Quote:
God, Dean Maclay I even have dreamy sigh saying the name

Indeed....Dean Maclay strikes sighs in the hearts of lesbians everywhere. Enjoy the next update!

KnightlyLove wrote:
Okay, I definitely don't think that's a cliffhanger.

That's good to know...I felt really bad about stopping it right there, but then it would have messed up the regular updates.

Quote:
Principle McHottie, come on now. And dinner? Sounds like a poor excuse for an excellent date. hahahha.

You, my friend, are just about correct!

Quote:
pps. GAWDDAMN please tell me what that asshole said! I was just so embarrassed for everybody but Garrison right then. What could he have said? Maybe that Tara's a super slut for showing so much cleavage? hahha.

Not quite, HAHAHAA! But you keep reading you'll find the PG version of what Devin said.

Quote:
hm. Also, LOVED his comments right after they left. "she wants your bod." hahhahaha. so fun.

I find myself saying that a lot, LOL. It's one of those pick up lines that's corny enough to get a smile and a dance.

Hope you enjoy the next update! And thanks for reading.

Quote:
"a problem.... WITH MY PANTIES!!!"

HAHAHAAAA!!! And THAT will definitely be in the story later.

mmmh-Hot-Sauce wrote:
Quote:
“She wants your bod.”

“I’m warning you. . .”

“You want her bod, too.”

Haha, this made me laugh... then it made me think of all those animated Axe Bod Commercials

LOL, those commercials were so damn corny that I couldn't help but laugh at them! And I totally used to wear some of those Bod sprays.

Quote:
Anyhoo, I adore Garrison, and his "sticking up for a Lady." With all the foul language and fighting he really must be Faiths son.

I adore that kid, too. I think he and Faith are awesome. I always thought it would be cool for Faith to have a little mini-me of her own, LOL.

Quote:
And now all I have left to say is I can't wait for Monday! (wow, I don't think I've ever said that before) But seriously, can't wait to find out why Principle McHottie is in Tara's office.

Well, it's Manic Monday, so here you go!! Hope you enjoy it, and look for part 2 on Wednesday! Thanks for reading!

zampsa19752001 wrote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm glad that Gar didn't get into too much trouble after punching the asshole... Can't wait for their dinner date...

Glad you liked it!! And look for the dinner date on Wednesday!! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the next chapter!

love_2003 wrote:
Interesting start so far. Looking forward to hearing Tara's answer.

Thank you kindly. Now, you don't have to wait anymore! Enjoy the next chapter, and thank you for reading!!

Finey_McFine wrote:
Hmmmm, I wonder what Tara's answer will be??????

I guess the better question is what would YOUR answer be?? LOL
You gotta read it to find out....not that it's a really big secret or anything, tho.

Quote:
BTW...now I HAVE to plan a trip to D&B!!

I know, right??! I haven't been in so looong; I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!

Hope you enjoy the next update.

taranwillow4ever wrote:
Great update. I am pretty much in the same time zone as you. Mondays are going to be a fav now. I want to know what the jerk kid said, and I want to know if Willow's invitation is a come on, or a real dilemna.

Aww, glad that I could make Manic Mondays better for ya! You'll get the watered down version of what Devin said about Tara in this chapter. And Willow's invitation....You'll just have to read to find out. But don't worry; It's not that far into the chapter.

Thanks for reading, and keep a lookout for the second part of this chapter that will be posted on Wednesday. Hope you enjoy it!!!

SMGOVAN wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have a problem or 2 that I'd like Tara to help me out with to!! Willow, you sly dog!...Can't wait to read about the "Business Dinner" .. What did that asshole kid say?

Duuuude...Don't we ALL?? You'll have to wait a little bit longer on the "business" dinner, but not too long; Look for it on Wednesday! And you'll find out what the asshole kid said in the next chapter.

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

JustSkipIt wrote:
Ok. I blame you fully. So I read part one and then the song Hey There Delilah stuck in my head and then I downloaded it on ITunes. And now I've listened to it another like 25 times and it's still stuck in there.

Sorry about that...Is it bad that as I was writing, I was listening to it, too? And we also do an acoustic R&B version of it in my band, LOL. It's a pretty catchy song...So I don't mind that you blame me fully.

Quote:
Anyway, W/T seem quite sexy and I like the relationship with all Tara's friends.

To me, friendships are important in story-telling, and it's been fun writing the friend dynamic between Faith, Del and Tara.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

DaddyCatALSO wrote:
Others have said before me and better than I how smoothly this story has de3vloped its backstory and its main plot.

Thanks! A LOT of research went into the writing of this story; I research something new about RI everyday.

Quote:
I like Delilah (Garrison too); I always enjoy original characters when they're well-integrtaed into the ficverse with the canon characters. (I have a slew of originals in my own subverse so I like when others pull it off, and Delilah works perfectly.)

I enjoy reading and writing original characters, too. You always start from scratch with them, and you can mold and shape them into mere plot devices, or in-depth characters that the story couldn't survive without. I'm hoping that's what I'm doing with Garrison and Delilah. As the story goes on, I'm going to reveal more of both of their pasts, some good things, others not so much. Thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Nit-picks (sorry, can't avoid my favorite sport) Willow's a bit too young and Tara way young for those jobs. But who really cares :-)?

LOL, I did make them way too young for their occupations. Willow can work...I had a principal who was in her mid 30's when she started her career, but I know that Tara's Dean position was a huuuge stretch. Because let's face it: How many hot FEMALE college deans are there out there?? As of now: Just one: Dean Maclay...Damn, she's hot.

Thanks for your input and compliments. Every little nit-pick helps.

Enjoy the next chapter!

Last edited by angieb86 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:39 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Title: Count to Ten

Author: angieb86 a.k.a. Angela

Feedback: Would be extra extra appreciated. I've had this story in my mind for a while now, and I've put everything else on hold until I can finish this one. So if it sucks, please let me know so that I won't embarrass myself.

Spoilers: None.

Setting: AU. There are no real demons, just the ones everyone has to battle at one point in life. This story takes place in Rhode Island; Willow and Tara are in their 30's.

Rating: Overall R, may get spicy later.

Disclaimer: Please don't sue me Mutant Enemy. Or anyone else. I'm only writing this story for the pure enjoyment of it. So don't sue.

Note: This is part 1 of Chapter 3. Part 2 will be posted on Wednesday! Hope you guys enjoy!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara’s eyes widened as she walked the rest of the way into her office. “D-Dinner?”

“Yes, dinner.”

“With you?”

“Yes. With me,” Willow replied nervously. “But I understand if you say no, since we’ve just met and all, and under some not-so-dinner-worthy circumstances.”

Tara sat down at her desk. “Well, I-I have about an hour free now; We can talk n-now, ya know. . .Save s-some money by skipping t-the dinner part.”
I want to say YES!

“O-Okay, that’s fine. But I’m not entirely prepared to. . .” Willow turned her head away from Tara’s gaze. “. . .make up this said problem yet,” she mumbled to herself.

Confusion riddled the blonde’s pretty features. “What?”

Willow inhaled deeply before she spoke again. “Dr. Maclay, I would like to get to know you better. I don’t do this very often, but I thought I would take the chance. I think that we may have a lot in common, seeing that we’re in the same line of work, battling the dark forces of academia and all. I’m a woman who takes calculated risks. . .but here I am, asking you out to dinner in hopes that you will say yes,” she finished, smiling at the blonde sitting behind her desk.

Tara couldn’t help reciprocating the smile that popped up on Willow’s face; It wasn’t anything like the calm, self-assured and incredibly sexy principal she had seen that morning.

This Willow seemed nervous. And talkative. And sweet. And achingly adorable. And still incredibly sexy.

“I’m flattered, Principal Rosenberg, but I--”

“Willow. Please, call me Willow.”

“Of course. Willow, I’m flattered, really--”

“Then say yes, Dean,” Willow replied with a smile.

“I would, but it’s the e-end of the semester, and I have so much work that--”

“You can’t take a break to eat?”

Tara laughed and blushed as she looked up at the redhead leaning over the front of her desk. “You’re not going to take ‘no’ for an answer, are you?”

“No, I am not, Dean Maclay,” the redhead said. “So is Friday night okay with you?”

Yes, yes, YESSSS!!! “O-Okay,” the blonde said, her cheeks flushing once again.

“Great.” Willow stood up straight and grabbed her jacket from the chair, her earlier demeanor disappearing as the confident woman Tara had met popped back up on the scene. “You like Italian, right?”

“Y-Yes, but--”

“But you like to cook Italian cuisine more than eat it from a restaurant.”

Tara shook her head in disbelief. “How d-did you know that?”

Tara watched as the redhead backed away slowly from her desk. She gave the blonde a slow, sexy grin. “I may have done some research, Dr. Maclay. . .” They locked eyes from across the office. Tara felt the heating desire cling to her clothing. Just one look from that woman made her body temperature rocket. “. . .And I’m extremely thorough in my research,” Willow finished as she dragged her eyes down Tara’s body. . .Well, what was visible of it above the desk.

Tara unconsciously ran her fingertips across her lips and slowly down her neck, a failing attempt to cool her body down.

Willow eyes darkened as she intently followed Tara’s fingers across her full lips. She knew if she stood there a second longer, she would not be able to leave that office. She tore her eyes away from the Dean’s lips. “I will e-mail you my home address tomorrow morning. Just e-mail me the list of ingredients you need me to pick up for Friday. And we’ll get things cooking. What do you think?”

Tara nodded dumbly as the redhead gave her another sultry smile and left the office. The solid click of the office door closing jerked the blonde back to her senses.

Her muddled brain spat out the only thing it could come up with.

“Shit.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara finally made it home after her meeting. She opened the front door and was immediately assaulted by the heavenly scent of fresh garlic permeating the foyer. “Smells great in here, Gar!”

“Thanks, Aunt Tara! Dinner should be ready in about 5 minutes. The taco filling is already cooked; I used the fresh garlic instead of the garlic powder like you said. And it’s great!”

“That’s great!” Tara said as she walked into the kitchen. “How are the tortillas working out for you?”

“I’m almost done with them now. The hard shells are over there.”

Tara picked up the taco shells from the counter. “I’ll finish these up, Gar. Why don’t you tell your mom to come here and you can go wash up for dinner, okay?”

“Okay.” Garrison left the kitchen while Tara was placing the tacos on a pan. She was placing them in the oven when she heard the kitchen door open.

“Hey, T. Garrison said you needed me?”

Tara turned and smiled at her best friend. “Faith, hey. I didn’t really want anything; I just haven’t seen you since this morning. Is everything okay with you and Del?”

Faith smiled a little. “Yeah, at least it is for now. She apologized for being so mean. And she said she wouldn’t mind if we started over.”

“And what did you say to that?”

“I said, ‘Shit, yeah!’”

Tara laughed as she walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a head of lettuce and several tomatoes.

“Then I canceled my lectures for the day and spent the entire day in bed. And guess what?”

“What?” Tara asked, looking down as she chopped up the veggies.

“We didn’t even have sex. We just stayed in bed and talked and laughed. And slept.”

Tara placed the chopped lettuce on a plate that Garrison had left on the counter. “That’s great for you, Faith. I’m happy for you.”

Faith smiled at the blonde. “Thanks, T. So. . .how was your day? I heard you spent most of it with the boy who goes around defending your honor,” she finished with a chuckle.

“Yeah, his eye is gonna look horrific in the morning, but his lip is looking a lot better.”

“That’s my boy. . .Taking care of his Aunt Tara. Sometimes, I think he loves you more than me.”

“Never. . .He’s just like you: Fiercely protective of me,” Tara said with a smile. “ ‘No one says those things about my aunt!’ He was so cute and manly when he stood up to his Principal and called that kid an asshole.”

Faith chuckled a bit. “You know he’s still torn about that. It really upset him. And he told me what that kid said. It was pretty damn disturbing.”

“What could that kid have said to make Garrison punch him that hard?”

Faith leaned over the counter. “You remember that Lifetime movie we watched a few weeks ago?”

Tara nodded. “Yeah, about the guy who got caught and sent to jail for chaining that girl up in the back of his closet for years and forcing her to-” Tara’s eyes widened. “Oh, goddess.”

Faith nodded. “Yeah. Apparently it would ‘totally be worth the jail time to get that Dean put in her place.’ And that‘s the PG version.”

“A fifteen-year-old said that? About me? ”

“Yes. Now you know why Gar went ballistic and busted that kid’s nose.”

“Principal Rosenberg suspended him for a week; Told him he was close to getting expelled. ”

Faith smiled at her best friend; Tara didn’t notice it, but the grin that subconsciously crept on her face when she mentioned the redhead was hard to hide. “Tare. . .So you like Principal McHottie, do ya?”

Tara’s ears burned as she opened the oven and took out the taco shells. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Faith.”

Faith laughed loudly. “Don’t forget that we’ve been best friends for over two decades. I know you, T. And something happened today because the tips of your ears are about the color of McHottie’s hair!”

Tara placed the shells on the cooling rack before she turned around to face Faith. “She asked me to dinner Friday night.”

“WHAT??! Please tell me you said yes, T. . . That woman is a total catch!”

Tara gave Faith that crooked grin, her face becoming beet red. “I tried to decline, b-but she was very persistent; She wouldn’t let me say no,” Tara replied. “And good GOD is she sexy!”

“And to think. . .last night, you didn’t have time for this ‘dating crap’. . .” Faith got up to wash her hands at the sink. “So what are you guys gonna do?”

“We’re going to her place. . .I’m going to cook dinner. I’m. . . kinda nervous. I mean, isn’t it weird that we aren’t going out anywhere?”

“No, it’s not. I mean, I brought Del home with me on our first date to meet you and Garrison. Maybe she has a roommate or something. Or maybe she doesn’t want any other distractions: I mean, from what I’ve heard around the community, she is a no non-sense kind of lady: Very business-minded, keeps to herself, stuck-up. I heard this rumor that she graduated from fancy-pantsy school egregia cum laude. ”

We went to fancy-pantsy school, too, Faith,” Tara said, laughing at her best friend. “And egregia cum laude? She must be insanely brilliant. . .”

“Yeah, I know. But still. . .” They were interrupted as Del and Garrison entered the kitchen.

“Hey, you guys done chatting each other up yet? We’re starving!” Del said as she nudged Garrison with her elbow. “It smells amazing in here, by the way.”

Garrison smiled at the shorter woman. “Thanks, Del.” He turned to his mother and Tara. “Are you ladies ready to chow down?”

A resounding yes echoed in the kitchen as they all began to grab plates and utensils.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

TBC on Wednesday! It's the dinner date. Thanks for reading, guys!!!

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 3a
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I somehow quoted this entire chapter...EPIC FAIL!

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 3A
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Dibs! So interested to see how their dinner works out. And I loved this:
Quote:
This Willow seemed nervous. And talkative. And sweet. And achingly adorable. And still incredibly sexy.

Perfect description. Looking forward to more.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

loved the update. but that kid should have been expelled! little creep.

very aggressive and determined Willow! a cover for a spazzy babbler? we shall see...

ahhhh school fantasies. :kdevil

keep up the good work, can't wait for dinner!!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

tina

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm 
8. Vixen

Enjoying this story. I am looking forward to the date. I would kill for someone to be that forward as WIllow was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:59 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Angela,

This story is wonderful!

The humor, the rich sense of real lives; I feel like I'm right in the kitchen or right in Willow's office with them and girlfriend, that rocks! :pinky :pinky :pinky

The way you write them looking at each other - how do you do it? So hot, so sexy!

Also already care about Garrison and Del - I love interesting secondary characters.

Anyway, write me down as one of your many fans! :bounce :bounce :banana :pinky :banana :pinky :bounce :bounce

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

im loving this story. tara and willow are super hot as professional women. cant wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:33 pm 

The tension here was breathtaking. I was blushing by the end of it! :blush :blush :blush

On the age issue, I have to say I'm a Dept. Chair for a masters program and I'm only in my thirties, so I don't think Willow and Tara are too young for their gigs, particularly since they're brilliant and hottie-hot.

Quote:
Tara couldn’t help reciprocating the smile that popped up on Willow’s face; It wasn’t anything like the calm, self-assured and incredibly sexy principal she had seen that morning.

Great moment. I'm glad they managed to hold back their passion, but I have to admit there was a part of me that really wanted Tara to just run across the room and tear Willow's clothes off!

This really is going wonderfully so far, very sweet, but very, very sexy, and I agree with other comments--the OOC characters are great!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

Last edited by LonelyTara on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:00 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

souuuuper cute! I love this Willow. Gawdamn. Wednesday do please come soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

yay..for Monday update-y goodness :pinky
and you promised for early update..big YAY :pinky :pinky

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:08 am 
2. Floating Rose

Mc Hotties it's a nice one :p
great story i really love it !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:33 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for persistant Willow... Can't wait for their dinner cooking date...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Just wanted to say, haven't caught up yet, crazy busy, but I love, love, love the premise and I promise I'll get around to proper reading/feedback as soon as I can!

Peace out Hallowhedon Roomie (which is your nickname from now on ;-))

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great fic, I'm loving it!!

The way you portray Willow reminds me of Bette from the L word *drools*

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 am 
10. Troll Hammer

LonelyTara - I bow to the voice of experience :-).

Yes, this Willow is definitely a "no-nonsense" type; goes for the heart!

I touched on end-of-semester hassles in a very different way in my fic "Old Marrieds" which is in the Archives soemwhere. ALtho in my own 'verse it's Tara's duaghter who's the mini-Faith. Fiath's duaghter is more like my duaghter.

This dinner should be quite a warm occasion, looking forward to it.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I love the no nonsense Willow...a la' Bette in her early days at the gallery. ;-) H-O-T!

Tara made me laugh a little in this chapter. I mean, she wants to go out with Willow, but she puts her off and makes her practically beg for a date. Very cute and awesome build of up tension.

I can't wait for their first date!!! :pinky :pinky

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:24 pm 
3. Flaming O

Man I really want to find out who Willow got the info from! I can't wait for the dinner date it sounds very interesting ;-)

nice update btw :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Persistent Willow is super sexy! I'm hoping their dinner has at least one :wtkiss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:24 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ok I'm taking a point away from willow for asking tara on a date where tara is expected to cook but I'm giving her twop points for directness andperseverance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey guys!!
I'm sorry to report that I will not be able to put the date chapter up tonight. I'm actually still at work right now, and it's looking like a pretty long night. And I'm pretty sure my boss is watching me on the video feed right now because I'm not supposed to be in the internet, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up. It WILL be up before 3 p.m. my time THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

See you guys tomorrow!!

Best,
Angela

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm 

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Stupid bosses :happy .

Post subject: Re: COUNT TO TEN: NEW FIC CHPT 3B
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I'll leave you guys with the chapter. Feedback tomorrow!

Hope you enjoy!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara woke up early Friday morning to watch the sun rise over the bay. She had gotten into the habit of sitting in her bed with the doors to the balcony open so she could see the sun peak over the horizon. It turned the sky a brilliant pink color, and the few clouds dotting the rose-tinted sky were a deep shade of purple, darkened by their own shadows but illuminated by the slowly rising sun.

Tara had never seen a more beautiful sunrise than the one she saw that Friday morning. But she couldn’t smile about it.

Because Willow never e-mailed her address. And she hadn’t heard from the redhead since the day she was in her office earlier that week.

She overlooked the beautiful sunrise and headed for her bathroom. Since it was the end of the semester, she was getting more and more paper work by the day. At least this is my last day in the office. . .And I think I will celebrate with an early morning bubble bath. Oh, yes. . .

Why? Because Tara was angry at the redhead for getting her hopes up in the first place. She slipped into the hot bath water that she had run for herself and sunk down into the bubbles. She sighed contentedly as the heat from the water soothed her aching and tired muscles.

The blonde sat in silence for a while until she heard a knock on her bathroom door.

“Come in,” she said softly. Tara turned her head and gasped lightly. A beautifully arranged bouquet of white and orange roses moved into the room. In the center of the bouquet was a single blue rose with a card attached to it. Faith peaked her head around the floral display. “Delivery for Dean Maclay.”

Tar sat up more fully in the tub. “Those are gorgeous, Faith. But what’s the occasion?”

“They aren’t from me, T,” Faith replied as she smirked and rolled her eyes at her best friend. “I was walking out of the door to take Garrison to school, and I practically tripped over them.”

“I’m sorry, Faith. Isn’t he going to be late if you don’t get outta here now?”

“Del offered to drop him off so we could spend some quality best friend time together.”

Faith grabbed the card from the arrangement and a small towel from the rack. She walked over to the tub and perched herself on the bottom step.

She handed the towel over to the blonde so she could dry her hands before opening the card.

“Hurry up, T! I wanna see who sent you these.”

Tara laughed as she threw the towel at Faith. She carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the card.

Hello, Tara.
I hope these roses find you in good spirits this morning. I wanted to apologize for not contacting you earlier this week; Things got a little hectic here at the academy, and time flew by faster than I had anticipated. Please join me for dinner tonight. Don’t worry about cooking; I’ll take care of the food. Just say you’ll meet me tonight at my place? 4964 Terrace Place Drive at 7 p.m.
Hope to see you soon.

Willow

Tara smiled as she finished reading the card. “They’re from Willow,” she said, her grin widening into a 1,000 watt smile.

“Holy shit, T. She must really like you. Or she wants to really get in your pants,” Faith finished with a laugh.

“I do NOT put out on the first date. . .unlike someone I know.”

“Hey! I haven’t been on a first date in over two years,” Faith replied.

“I know. And it’s been way over two years for me. I’m really nervous, Faith. I don’t think I’m ready to start this dating crap again. What am I supposed to do?”

Faith smiled at her best friend. “You do what you’re best at: You be Tara Maclay. I mean, that’s what got you asked on this date in the first place, right?”

Tara nodded. “I’m pretty sure my boobs had something to do with it, too.”

“Well, duh. You give good cleavage, T. Consider it a gift. A very comfy, globular, D-sized present for Principal McHottie,” Faith said with a grin.

“You’re disturbing on so many levels.”

Faith shrugged and stood up from the step. “It’s why you love me.” She turned to face the blonde. “So. . .coffee and off to work for our last day before Christmas break?”

Tara giggled. “Yeah. I’ll be out in a few.”

With one last grin and a wink, Faith left Tara soaking in the tub so she could get started on their morning coffee.

The blonde looked over at the bouquet of roses on her bathroom counter. She stared at the single blue rose in the middle of the white and orange ones. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a blue rose before. . . she thought as she lifted herself out of the bathtub to dry off.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Both Faith and Tara toiled around the halls of Brown University’s Liberal Arts building all day, trying to finish last minute paper work and grading last minute papers. Tara had several meetings that afternoon; Faith had several appointments with students who were on the brink of failing her African American Women’s Literature class.

Deep down, Faith really hated having to fail students, but this institution was built upon gaining higher knowledge. . .and some of her students were just lazy.

Every semester Faith had a waiting list for her lectures. She was one of the most renowned literature professors at Brown University, her lecturing methods radically new and different. Tara sat in on one of Faith’s lectures on Audre Lorde’s biomythography Zami: A New Spelling of my Name, and the blonde was absolutely riveted by her best friend’s lecture methods. She even found herself raising her hand and answering questions. Tara was never prouder of her best friend than she was on that day.

Faith sat in Tara’s office, playing a game of solitaire on the blonde’s computer while she waited for her to get done with her end of the semester meetings. Tara finally appeared in the doorway, immediately grabbing her jacket and scarf.

“You ready to get outta here, Faith?”

Faith shut down the computer and smiled at the blonde. “Yeah, T. Let’s go get you ready for your date.”

They walked to the parking lot and hopped in Faith’s SUV. They drove the rest of the way home in silence, the radio blaring what sounded like some old school Matchbox 20. They finally made it to the house, and Faith pulled in behind Del’s car.

“What’s Del doing here?” Tara asked Faith as they got out of the car.

“She picked up Gar from school. You know they only had a half-day today.”

Tara nodded her understanding. She walked into the house to see Del and Garrison sitting on the couch watching a movie. Faith walked over to give them both a kiss on the forehead. “I was expecting you two to be playing video games.”

“Del wouldn’t play with me; She told me to wait for Aunt Tara to get here,” he replied with a chuckle.

Tara laughed as she headed toward the staircase. “I would, buddy, but I, Dr. Tara Maclay, have a date tonight.”

“Oooh. . .What are you gonna wear?!” Garrison asked, turning to face his aunt.

“I’m gonna pretend that wasn’t the first question you asked,” Faith said as she headed toward the kitchen.

Mom. . .,” Garrison said, arching his eyebrow at Faith. She laughed at the boy.

“You really think that eyebrow arching shit works after putting up with it from your aunt for over 20 years??”

“Yes,” Garrison simply replied.

“Well. . . She may have caught me the first nineteen years of our friendship, but I’m well aware of the ‘eyebrow’ now. . .and I don’t fall for it anymore. So go upstairs and help your aunt pick out something to wear for her date tonight!”

“Yes, ma’am,” Garrison said as he stood up from the couch and smiled at Faith.

Garrison followed Tara up the stairs to her bedroom. They walked into Tara’s closet and looked around for a moment. “So. . .What should I wear, nephew?”

Garrison glanced over the clothing hanging in spacious walk-in closet. “Depends. . .Where are you two going?”

“To her house.” She blushed lightly.

Garrison chuckled. “Well, in that case, you should dress comfortably. No need to wear something that’s hard to get out of.”

Tara rolled her eyes. “You’re almost as bad as you mother.”

Garrison smiled as he pulled a pair of dark denim jeans from a hanger. “It’s why you love me.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tara pulled up in front of Willow’s house a little before 7. She gazed into the mirror once more and wrapped her Burberry scarf around her neck. She hopped out of her truck and walked up the three steps to the front door.

The blonde knocked twice on the white wooden door. She heard shuffling on the other side of the door before it swung open. She gasped lightly at the sight before her.

There the redhead stood in all her glory. Her hair was pulled back tightly to the nape of her neck, a black custom-tailored suit hugged the redhead’s small curves deliciously, a fitted silk blood red blouse tucked neatly into her slacks. Tara inhaled the women’s scent; She recognized it as Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue. The smell wafted lightly around the blonde, making her knees turn to jelly. . .Almost as much as Willow’s smile.

“Hi, there,” Willow said, holding the door open for Tara.

“H-Hey,” Tara replied, her gaze not faltering from Willow’s smile.

“I’m sure that Burberry scarf is keeping you warm and all, but you really don’t have to stand outside,” Willow said, her grin getting wider when she saw the woman start to giggle and blush.

“I suddenly f-feel extremely under-dressed.”

Willow waved her hand in dismissal. “Don’t you worry; I haven’t been able to change clothes yet.” Willow reached her hand out toward the blonde. “Thank you for coming. I was worried that you wouldn’t.”

“Well, you’ll be completely forgiven if you can cook a good meal.”

Willow smiled and ushered the blonde into her home.

Tara had shed her coat and scarf and was sitting on a plush couch in Willow’s living room, fireplace blazing and sipping on a glass of red wine. The redhead had disappeared into the kitchen to finish cooking ten minutes ago. The roar of the fire set the entire room in a soft orange glow. Sensational smells wafted through the spacious bottom floor of Willow’s home.

Tara heard a door open behind her and turned around just in time to see Willow come through the door with two plates. “Is it okay if we eat here? I don’t really want to sit at the table.”

“I like the fire,” Tara said softly, looking up at the redhead. “It’s. . .hot.”

She couldn’t keep the smile off her face as she watched Willow’s cheeks turn a delicious shade of pink.

“See? You’re not the only one who can make a girl blush.”

Willow sat the plates on the coffee table and grabbed a huge blanket from the back of the couch. She spread it over the carpeted floor near the fireplace. She carefully set the plates on the blanket and plopped down on the floor. “Join me?” she asked, the smile not leaving her face.

Tara smiled back and took her place on the blanket across from Willow. She picked up her fork and was about to dig in when she paused and looked over at the redhead.

“Willow? May I ask you something? Before we start eating?”

Willow nodded. “Of course you can.”

“Why the single blue rose?”

“You noticed it.”

“Well, sure I did. You don’t see many blue roses in bouquets.”

Willow placed her wine glass down and gazed at the blonde for a long moment. “Did you notice that it was the same color as your eyes?”

Tara looked down at the blanket, her face beet red. “N-No, I didn’t.”

Willow reached over and placed a single finger beneath the blonde’s chin. “Mysterious. . .Enigmatic. . .Rare. . .Beautiful.”

“Huh?” Tara swooned as her skin burned like fire where the redhead touched her.

“That’s what the blue rose means. It means you’re a beautiful mystery to me, Dr. Tara Maclay. And I plan on spending a lot of time remedying that.”

TBC. . .The last part of Chapter 3 will be posted tomorrow by 7 p.m. my time. I work late tomorrow, so I’ll be getting out late. THANKS FOR READING!! I’ll post feedback replies tomorrow, too!

Last edited by angieb86 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs
Quote:
“Well, duh. You give good cleavage, T. Consider it a gift. A very comfy, globular, D-sized present for Principal McHottie,” Faith said with a grin.

“You’re disturbing on so many levels.”

Faith shrugged and stood up from the step. “It’s why you love me.”

Quote:
Garrison chuckled. “Well, in that case, you should dress comfortably. No need to wear something that’s hard to get out of.”

Tara rolled her eyes. “You’re almost as bad as you mother.”

Garrison smiled as he pulled a pair of dark denim jeans from a hanger. “It’s why you love me.”

:lol Both quotes are funny on their own, but the symmetry between them makes them hilarious.

Quote:
Willow reached over and placed a single finger beneath the blonde’s chin. “Mysterious. . .Enigmatic. . .Rare. . .Beautiful.”

“Huh?” Tara swooned as her skin burned like fire where the redhead touched her.

“That’s what the blue rose means. It means you’re a beautiful mystery to me, Dr. Tara Maclay. And I plan on spending a lot of time remedying that.”

Perfect summary of Willow's feelings for Tara. Of course now you've ruined my plan to quickly look up the meaning of blue roses on Wikipedia to sound really knowledgeable. :p

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Last edited by BuffyFan4ever on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really liked the blue rose... Great beginning for their date... Can't wait for the rest of it...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 pm 
3. Flaming O

I am so loving this story...great update can't wait for the next!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:43 pm 

Very promising start to the date. I loved the blue rose...very romantic.

I'm a bit quirky. So, I found something in this update very amusing that most people probably did not even notice and You probably did not do intentionally. Before I tell you what that is, Let me first state that I am black and in no way trying to be offensive to any kittens out there,who are black or otherwise...

Faith works at 'Brown' university, teaching 'African American' lit to a bunch of 'lazy' (which black people are sometimes accused of being) students... I'm sorry..but it made me laugh... :crazy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next