The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A New Beginning
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:17 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Title: A New Beginning
Author: allwiththebutch32
Rating: PG to possibly NC-17
Pairing:W & T once I get the story going
Disclaimer: I do not own Willow or Tara or anything else that remotely sounds like something that's owned by mutant enemy or darkhorse comics or written by or possibly thought of by Joss Whedon or anybody else who had a hand in creating BTVS. I give all credit and praise to them.
Summary: Tara's in the army, you'll find out what Willow does later on in the story (that is if you find this story good enough to continue...) BEWARE there is angst here in the beginning. Thought you might want some warning.
Feedback: Very very welcomed. I wrote a few short stories in high school but this is my first time posting... Thank you for reading!

Chapter 1:

Pull yourself together McClay. You’re a decorated lieutenant. People look up to you expecting great things. Not investigations… Not for homosexual conduct. You have to do the right thing before this gets messy.

Tara McClay stood, bent over the sink, her body weak and shaking. She willed the lump in her throat to subside but it stayed there, keeping her on the verge of tears. She prayed to the Goddess that no one would enter the latrine now. Not while she was so distraught. Her tears broke free, but she quickly wiped her eyes on her sleeve and took several deep breaths. Tara faced her reflection and saw her blue eyes, all red and scared. Very scared. She smoothed back her honey blonde hair and checked the condition of her always perfect bun.

What am I going to do? This is all I’ve known… After 20 years I’m just going to venture out into the world and live prosperously…doing what? All I know is in the military. That’s not true. Her subconscious thoughts drifted through her panic. There’s the farm.

Tara shuddered at the sudden rush of memories that came back to her. Suddenly the door swung open and Tara hurried to compose herself and straighten her uniform before heading out. Her legs moved her forward, but everything else was a blur. She had made up her mind. She would leave with her dignity intact and an honorable discharge in her pocket. Tara slid into her truck and drove home to make the necessary arrangements.

The truck turned into the driveway and immediately Tara put it in park.
“Oh god…” She broke and the waves of grief came down relentlessly. Her hands clutched the steering wheel as she continued to sob for what felt like hours. Her body felt like it was made of lead as she dragged herself inside and up to her bed.
“I have to do this. I will do this. Everything’s ok…Everything’s ok….” The exhaustion overtook her and she drifted off to sleep.

Tara woke up early, resolve working its way slowly into her body. She would be out and gone by the end of the week and this will all be over.
No, not over…just different… For some reason she knew this would all be ok. It was a feeling from deep down inside her that she was moving in the right direction...moving toward something...someone...she shook it off for the time being and focused on her current mission. Getting out.
She thought that deployment was grueling, combat, seeing her friends and loved ones die… That was hard but this was downright brutal. The questions, the tests, the seemingly endless paperwork. And the whole time she could feel people watching her, hear their thoughts and their judgments as if they were being spoken aloud.
Ignore it… They don’t matter. At least, not anymore.

“You’re sure you want to grow through with this McClay?” Captain Sherwin asked, staring into her empty blue eyes.

“Y-yes. There’s no other way. We b-both know that.” She whispered to him. He knew her better than anyone here and her reasons for leaving. He was there…

Three weeks ago she and Jake, Captain Sherwin, had gone out for drinks at a local gay bar out of the way from the base. Neither wanted to be a soldier or feel any pressure to act like one. They wanted to be themselves. Be gay, in public. A luxury gays and lesbians have taken for granted for a while. Tara had never had that liberty. From the repressive home to the repressive military. There were a few women that she allowed herself to see but it always became too risky and ended before it had a chance to start. Tara had found herself an attractive girl to dance with and Jake, an attractive man, and both felt care free for the moment. Neither of them expected in a million years for a born again homophobe captain and a few sergeants to walk through the door. They knew they’d been made and that there was nothing to do but excuse themselves’ from the dance floor and leave before they made a scene.

That’s how they landed themselves in the discharge office, both lucky to be leaving honorably. They walked out of the building wearing civilian clothes and climbed into their respective vehicles and left Ft. Lewis for the last time. Jake was heading for Canada and Tara was heading south to sunny California. That same calming feeling that everything was going to be ok came up again. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was something amazing waiting for her and she was going to keep searching until she found it. A person... There was no denying it. She had learned to trust her gut as well as her soul and both were pulling her towards a woman...

I know it's short but I'll add more later. That was a sudden inspired stream of writing caused by my having drill this weekend and organazing my military stuff... Lemme know what you think :) :pride

Post subject: Re: A New Beginning
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 am 
4. Extra Flamey

what is it they call it?
DIBS!!!

I love it! Writing's clear and fluid, and hehe, we all know who she's going toward.

So... where will she go? Will she use her military skills for something? I hope she ends up in the Bay, that would just be cute :)

It's great, definitely feels like you know what you're doing. Thank you for sharing this story with us/me :)

soooo... are you in the military?

Last edited by KnightlyLove on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 am 
4. Extra Flamey

sorry double-post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey, 14 yrs active duty/reserves, United States Navy. So, obviously I love it. This is a very realistic start and I really hope you continue :pride .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 am 
5. Willowhand

You have a great style of writing. Great start. I definitely want to read more. Can't wait for the next update.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thank you for all your replies and good feedback :) I will definitely update but it might take me a day or two...or so... my girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment next week and I have military stuff this weekend... hardly the place to be writting about our beloved witches...lol. I'll get more out asap :) :pride

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:46 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Hey there!

You've got a really great premise here. Someone was talking a few months ago about an army/military kinda fic so it's cool to see it being explored.

Good luck moving and I hope you come back to this whenever you get a chance!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:37 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
omg you need to continue this now :D

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:27 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hi!

Nice start, fresh and original too! I look forward to seeing it continued.

Ft. Lewis...YAY! I lived in Seattle for awhile in the late '90's and had a bunch of friends on the base:)

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Nice start. Can't wait till she meets "someone."

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

This is a fantastic beginning. I already feel drawn to your Tara. I love how you have begun to give hints into her past, and the way you are showing how real she is.

Please, please, please, please, please continue this story. (shameless begging :pray :pray :pray :pray )

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:41 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Rating: PG
Pairing:W & T. Don't worry, it's coming...
Disclaimer: I do not own Willow or Tara or anything else that remotely sounds like something that's owned by mutant enemy or darkhorse comics or written by or possibly thought of by Joss Whedon or anybody else who had a hand in creating BTVS. I give all credit and praise to them.
Summary: Tara has just left the army and has driven down into sunny california... and into the small town of Fruitdale (it actually exists lol)where Willow owns and runs Rosenberg Inn. What, I wonder, will happen next? ;)
Feedback: Thank you all for your replies :) I'm really glad you all like it so far :-D Feel free to share any ideas or constructive criticism. I'm editing my own work for now so anything is welcome! :kgeek

*Thoughts in italics!!*

Chapter 2:

It was 5 am now and Tara had been driving all night. Her eyes were fixated on the road but her mind was back in Fort Lewis.
They should be doing physical training right about now.
She craved the routine that she had become so accustomed to. Waking up at 4 am, daily P.T, various time consuming assignments, a few hours to relax and prepare for the next day and then she’d wake up and do it all over again. It was simple. Yes ma’am, yes sir. Get this done by 1800. Everything was precise and she needn’t think too much about any of her tasks, but it was just enough to keep her mind busy.
Let your mind drain… Those duties are no longer your responsibility. You’re a veteran, a civilian. Not a soldier. Not any more anyway… Think positive McClay… This new beginning is a gift. Just focus on the road and get to where you’re going. Wherever that is…
Tara took another long swig of the coffee she had bought a few hours ago and turned up the radio, eager to see where these roads would lead her.

“Buffy! I can’t find it…” Willow came down the stairs in full pout mode.

“Will, why would the hammer be upstairs? Wouldn’t it make more sense for it to be in the utility closet?... With all the other random tools and utility thingys?” Buffy called out from the porch. The dreaded day had come at last. The old wood on the porch needed to be replaced unless they wanted their guests falling through the floor. That just wouldn’t be fun. There’re so many broken down things inside to be injured by, Buffy thought sarcastically.

The old Rosenberg Inn was almost as old as the town and it showed. There were always more repairs to be done than there were hands for. The Inn had been the family’s business for close to 100 years and it now was run by solely by Willow Rosenberg. Her parents had taken on the responsibility out of obligation to her grandparents, but once Willow was 22 and out of college, they left her to care for the Inn. She didn’t mind it so much. The financial paperwork and such had been her responsibility since she was 14 due to the fact that she was such a brainiac. This place had been her home and the towns’ own little time capsule. The blue, chipping paint with white trim, colorful walls, and warm 1920’s interior decoration was endearing to Willow and all her guests found it charming as well. Her childhood friends, Xander and Buffy, were more than happy to help her run the family business. They all worked hard to keep the old Inn running smoothly, but the time had come to hire an extra set of hands.

“Found it. In the utility closet…” Willow grinned sheepishly. “Now all we need are Xanders big manly muscles to bring in the lumber and we’ll be good to go.”

“Yep. Good to go and get started on the project of the summer…” Buffy slumped down, already feeling defeated.

“It’s ok. I put out an ad for some extra help. I offered free room and board plus meals every night so that should bring some people by,” her smile started to fade into a worried look, “Right?”

“A place to sleep, food to eat, and an endless amount of repairs to work on… Sign me right up. Oh wait; I’m already on that bandwagon…” Buffy scooted over to her best friend and pulled her into a hug. “I know we’re going to find somebody Will. Just give it a few days and I’m sure we’ll find the perfect person for the job.”

“I think you’re right Buffy. It’s just so hard to be optimistic when there’s so much to do. And summer’s here which means lots of guests, which means lots of time spent on people, which means less time spent on repairs, which equals more repairs and even less time to do them…” Willow’s whole body hunched down under an invisible weight and her expression went from panicked to completely discouraged in seconds.

“Willow… Leave it to you to turn that rant into an equation,” Buffy stifled a chuckle, “You’ve got to trust that it’s going to be ok. Money isn’t an issue, vacancy isn’t an issue, and we’ve got the perfect handy man out there somewhere just waiting for an opportunity like this one to present itself.”

“Lets’ just hope he comes across this particular opportunity first… Maybe my ad will have more luck tomorrow. In the mean time, I say we take the rest of the night off and drink mochas and watch movies.”

“Oh! Oh! Moulin Rouge first! Watching Ewan McGregor sounds like a perfect way to unwind,” Buffy had a huge, girly grin lighting up her face.

“You can have that boy all to yourself Buffy… I will have my eyes glued on Nicole Kidman,” Willow’s grin had grown to match Buffy’s and the girls sped inside to watch their respective eye candies…

It had been three days, 6 gas stations, 2 hotels, and 8 snack breaks since Tara’s journey began in Washington. She was now just east of San Jose and her truck was giving signs that their road trip was coming to an end.
Ok…I have to get this old rig into a shop before it’s too late. Hmmm… Fruitdale.
“Hehe… Sounds like just the place for me,” Tara giggled at the peculiar name and took the exit leading to the town. Small town… their ‘Welcome to Fruitdale’ sign showed that there was a population of a whopping 895 people.
“What have I got to lose but my trusty old truck? I’m sure a town even this small has an auto repair shop somewhere around here… Tara drove around for a few minutes and finally found Harris repairs.
“That works for me…” She drove up to the shop and hopped out of her truck. Tara stretched out her body, exhausted from driving, and took a minute to look around. The town had a well kept look with remodeled buildings and flower baskets hanging off the street lights. Vibrant green trees and palm trees littered the town and swayed lazily in the afternoon breeze. It was easy to tell most of the buildings were recently remodled but somehow Fruitdale managed to keep its old town charm. One building stood out among the rest. Rosenberg Inn looked untouched by the towns new developments and Tara made a mental note to check the vacancy after she was done at the shop.

“Can I help you with anything ma’am?” A man, about the same age as Tara, greeted her while wiping grease off his hands with an old rag.

“Yes, please…my truck,” Tara gestured out the window to her beaten up vehicle, “really needs to be looked at. I think my trip from Washington has finally pushed it over the edge…”

“Ah, I’ll take a look at it. Shouldn’t be a problem to fix whatever’s going on under that hood. Washington huh? What brings you down to our tiny town?”

“Just got out of the military. It’s a long story… I just drove south and now…here I am,” Tara’s adorable lop-sided smile caused Xander to smile in return and look her up and down again. He noticed her toned muscles from years of training under her blue tank top and how it made her vibrant blue eyes pop. Her Khakis hugged her full hips perfectly... He forced his focus back on the truck and on getting started on its repairs.

“Well, assuming you haven’t made sleeping arrangements yet, Rosenberg Inn has a couple empty rooms and the friendliest staff in town. My friend Willow owns it, family business of sorts, and Buffy and I help run her run it. I’d be glad to walk over with you once I get your rig in the shop.”

Tara’s heart started to beat a tiny bit faster. Willow… A very pretty name… I hope Xander will introduce us. She sounds really nice… She probably looks really nice too… And she owns the Inn…hmmm…Willow… A grin spread across Tara’s face as she said the name again in her head. Xander cleared his throat and Tara was jarred out of her momentary space out.
“Really? That would be great. Thank you so much,” Tara was genuinely surprised and grateful for Xanders willingness to help.

“No problem. I’ll meet back here in five.” Tara handed her keys to the mechanic and he pulled the car into the shop and closed the garage door behind him.

Rosenberg Inn… Willow Rosenberg…. I’m definitely in the right place…

alrighty... I just wrote that all in one sitting and my fingers need a break from all that typing... Next update might not come for a few days... Hang in there with me :) There's more to come! :pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:53 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

dibs?
yay!
Quote:
Just give it a few days and I’m sure we’ll find the perfect person for the job

make minutes, Buffster! ;-)
can't wait for them to meet..maybe Tara will be helping with the Inn's repairs and..I don't know..showing the skill and the muscles she got for Willow to droll.. :kdevil

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:08 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Hey!

Great chapter! I love that Tara is just drawn towards Willow even from only hearing her name. Really cool. I'm really enjoying this story!!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Hey there,

I am coming out of a bout of lurkdom to say that I love your story and can't wait to see where it is going. However... I do have one *little* nitpick... Tara's last name is spelled Maclay not McClay. Other than that, everything is perfect! Keep up the good work and can't wait for more!

Bella

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:09 am 
3. Flaming O

I love the details you are capturing about each character's personality. The interactions between them are very good. for example:
Quote:
“Willow… Leave it to you to turn that rant into an equation,” Buffy stifled a chuckle, “You’ve got to trust that it’s going to be ok. Money isn’t an issue, vacancy isn’t an issue, and we’ve got the perfect handy man out there somewhere just waiting for an opportunity like this one to present itself.”

you have caught Willow's trademark babble, and the depth of friendship between Buffy, and her.

I am also self editing for my story that I am writing solo... so if you get a chance to read it I would love to hear anything that you think would help me improve (shameless plug for The True Nature of Soulmates *giggles*)

One thing that caught my eye is when Tara first meets Xander:

Quote:
“Can I help you with anything ma’am?” A man, about the same age as Tara, greeted her while wiping grease off his hands with an old rag.

“Yes, please…my truck,” Tara gestured out the window to her beaten up vehicle, “really needs to be looked at. I think my trip from Washington has finally pushed it over the edge…”

“Ah, I’ll take a look at it. Shouldn’t be a problem to fix whatever’s going on under that hood. Washington huh? What brings you down to our tiny town?”

“Just got out of the military. It’s a long story… I just drove south and now…here I am,” Tara’s adorable lop-sided smile caused Xander to smile in return and look her up and down again. He noticed her toned muscles from years of training under her blue tank top and how it made her vibrant blue eyes pop. Her Khakis hugged her full hips perfectly... He forced his focus back on the truck and on getting started on its repairs.

“Well, assuming you haven’t made sleeping arrangements yet, Rosenberg Inn has a couple empty rooms and the friendliest staff in town. My friend Willow owns it, family business of sorts, and Buffy and I help run her run it. I’d be glad to walk over with you once I get your rig in the shop.”

Tara’s heart started to beat a tiny bit faster. Willow… A very pretty name… I hope Xander will introduce us. She sounds really nice… She probably looks really nice too… And she owns the Inn…hmmm…Willow… A grin spread across Tara’s face as she said the name again in her head. Xander cleared his throat and Tara was jarred out of her momentary space out.

I was curious about how she knew his name... he probably had it stitched on his shirt or something like that. If I am being too fixated on details that aren't important just whack me with a pillow and tell me to relax (laughing). You are doing a wonderful job creating visions with your words. Please continue, because I am hooked on your story already. ;-) :-D :read :applause I will be waiting, and hoping to see another update soon. :pray :pray :pray

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:24 am 
3. Flaming O

awesome start..can't wait for the rest and to see how this all plays out..very interesting start..Tara in the military..WOW nice concept.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hi there. I'm really liking this so far. Just the thought of a muscular Tara in a tank top doing home repairs is just an awesome, drool-worthy vision. I really hope that's where this is going. And she already likes the way she rolls Willow on her tongue...I mean, the name just rolls off her tongue...yeah.

I do have a question though regarding their ages -- Is Tara 20 or has she been in the service 20 years? Either way, it's all good, very good.

More soon please.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

Last edited by wimpy0729 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Wow!!!

I am LOVING this story! :pinky :pinky :pinky

You've pulled me in with a compelling set of emotions and a fresh, fascinating look at Tara, Willow, Buffy, and Xander.

Also loved Willow's math rant and Tara's real terror and strength, dealing with a very tough situation.

Thanks for putting yourself out there on your first story!!! We are the lucky winners on THAT deal, believe me!

All I can say is, keep writing!!! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thank you, thank you, and thank you kittens :) all your positive feedback has me grinning like a cheshire cat :-D

I did misspell Tara's last name which I have cursed myself for over a thousand times. The only excuse I can give is that I've been writing all of this in the early am hours and my high school english teacher has crept into my mind and is causing me to correct words that don't need correcting...anyway, I will try and get another update out soon! I am in the military and I have drill this weekend so I'm not sure if I'll get any writing done. I've been writing each chapter in one sitting so...it's been interesting lol.

Have a good weekend![/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Yay...an update!!

I like where you are going with the story:)

Quote:
the small town of Fruitdale (it actually exists,lol)

:rofl This is funny on several different levels. LOL

Cool idea to have Willow and Buffy running an Inn and I can't wit to see how it goes when W/T meet. I am a little confused though as to their ages. Is Tara 20 or has she been in the military 20 yrs??
Quote:
After 20 years I’m just going to venture out into the world and live prosperously
I kinda took that to be that she had been in the military 20yrs, but now I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm with Wimpy, muscular Tara in a tank all sweaty doing random repairs...YES PLEASE! :pray All kinds of naughty images spring to mind. :blush

Keep writing...I look forward to your next update!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:06 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I like where you are leading us. Tara's enchanted by just Willow's name? Sweet.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

hahah Pro got to it first: Tara's already crushing, just on the name. Supercute! Love.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:15 pm 

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Muscular Tara in a tank top...yummy :luv . Can't wait for them to meet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:17 pm 
5. Willowhand

Well now that I've stopped drooling over your Tara description... nice update. Looking forward to the meeting.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting story so far. Looking forward to the introductions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Rating: PG
Pairing:W & T
Summary: Tara has just left the army and has driven down into sunny california... and into the small town of Fruitdale (it actually exists lol)where Willow owns and runs Rosenberg Inn
Feedback: Thank you all for your replies so far. Any feedback is very much appreciated.

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get this update out. I just moved into an apartment with my partner and I have not had any internet access or time to post for that matter... Thank you for your patience!

I had the help of my beta on the first half of this update, but I finally had some internet time tonight and had to post this real quick so, I didn't have her help for the second half :(

*Thoughts in italics!!*

Chapter 3:

The weather was amazing, and Tara found herself basking in the sun as she walked with Xander to the Inn. The difference between the clouds, and rain in Washington, and the warm California sunshine was a drastic change to the blonde. She could practically feel her skin soaking up the much needed rays of sun. As they got closer to their destination, Xander felt it necessary to warn the blonde about the repairs needing to be done.

“Watch your step on the way up. The porch is currently number one on our lists of things to fix. Here, let me,” Xander opened the door for Tara, obviously still a little taken by her beauty. Tara passed with a nod and a smile, but came to an abrupt halt once she was inside. She had never seen a place so quaint and adorable. The walls were filled with paintings and old pictures, all in beautifully carved frames. Everything seemed to be antique, and almost made you feel like you were entering a different world.

“Hey, Will!” Xander called out into the house.

Willow suddenly appeared from behind the counter. “Hey, Xan…Hi,” The red head saw the beautiful woman before her and was immediately at a loss for words.
Oh my Goddess, who is this gorgeous woman? Wow, gorgeous muscles, gorgeous hair-gorgeous blue eyes. Oh wow…

“H-hi…” Tara stuttered. Great job. You say one thing to the incredibly beautiful woman and you stutter… with vibrant red hair and creamy white skin and…wow, those are the most amazing green eyes I have ever seen…

Xander cleared his throat and both girls snapped back into reality. “Willow, this is Tara. She just arrived from Washington, and was looking at staying here. Tara, this is Willow, she’s the owner of Rosenberg Inn.”

“Welcome to Fruitdale, Tara. I’m glad you’re deciding to stay here – I mean if you do decide to stay here that is – not that you have to, it’s just, we have some vacant rooms and, we’d love to have you staying here – and I’ll stop talking now.” Willow mentally slapped herself for the babble. I know I wouldn’t babble so much if her stutter wasn’t so adorable.

How cute is she? “A-actually, I’d love to s-stay here. You have a l-lovely place.” Why do I keep stuttering?... Get it together Maclay.

“Why don’t I show you to your room? I’ve got one I think will be perfect for you.”

“Don’t you n-need me to sign any paperwork or s-something?...”

“We can take care of that later. You’re probably tired from all that driving,” Willow smiled at Tara, and she walked with the blonde up the stairs.

“Thank you. That’s r-really sweet of you,” Tara flashed Willow a lop-sided grin, and immediately the smaller woman felt weak, smiling ten times wider. Goddess… A gorgeous blue-eyed blonde with a smile like that? I’m in trouble…

Willow led her down the hall and stopped in front of the third room on the right and unlocked the door. When the two women stepped inside, Tara’s breath was again taken away. This room was decorated much like the rest of the inn, but the walls were a brilliant blue. Very much like the color of her eyes.

“This is-wow. This i-is amazing, Willow.”

“I’m glad you like it.” Willow Beamed.

While the blonde was focused on the room, Willow was focused on her, letting her eyes wander over the beautifully toned body. Willow subconsciously licked her lips at the thought of running her hands over perfectly carved arms, imagining how soft they would feel under her finger tips.

“So, Xander mentioned that this is a family owned business?” Tara’s words brought Willow back from inside her head with a slight blush to her cheeks.

“Yep, I’ve been running it on my own since I was twenty-two. I started taking care of the books when I was 14 though. Kind of a geek here-chess club, math club, straight A’s. My parents decided I’d be perfect for the job. They never really wanted to spend the rest of their lives running the place, so I took over for them. It’s hard work, with all the repairs that need to be done, but it’s a part of the town, ya know? And I just can’t stop talking…”

“No, it’s fine. I mean, it’s cute, really,” Tara smiled at the read head, and hid behind her hair when she saw the blush deepen on Willow’s cheeks. Could this girl get any more adorable?

“I should probably let you sleep, long trip and all. Dinner is at six, if you want to eat with us that is-I would love for you to come eat with us-I mean we would-not that they don’t want you there any less than me-uh…I should stop talking and let you sleep,” Willow ducked her head and started to dash out the door.

Tara stopped her, gently looping her hand around her wrist, “I’ll b-be there. See you in a l-little bit.” Both women smiled, feeling the unexpected spark pass through where they were touching.

Tara slowly closed the door and went to lie back on the bed. There was no denying it, Willow was just as gay as she was, and there was definitely chemistry between them. She let her mind wander with thoughts of the woman and subconscious desires as she drifted off to sleep.

Tara awoke a little while later to find the sun setting behind the sheer curtains. She slowly stretched out in her strange, new bed and breathed in deep. Her senses were assaulted with the glorious smell of home cooked food. It had been so long since she had had a chance to eat anything but crappy food or crappy military food.

Tara made her way down the stairs, still in a daze from sleep and the amazing scent, still tingling her nose. When she entered the dining room she found Buffy setting the table.

“Hey, you’re up. Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah, thank you. I think that wonderful smell is what woke me up.”

“Oh yeah,” Buffy continued to set the table while Tara leaned up against a wall nearby, “Willow and Xander are just cooking up some chicken thing and yucky green stuff. I don’t think I’ve eaten veggies since I was five.”

Tara giggled at the girl’s childish statement. “Do you like salad?”

“Oh, love salad. Throw on some ranch or creamy pesto and I’m set…But that’s a vegetable isn’t it? Right, then, dinner with some yummy green things should be ready soon.”

Tara moved over to the table and started to help set the table, still chuckling at the smaller blonde. Not even a minute later, Xander and Willow came out of the kitchen, food in hand.

“Alright, hungry man of the house says it’s time to eat,” Xander set the extravagant turkey on the table and looked hesitantly at Willow, “That is, if the woman of the house says it’s ok.”

“Of course, let’s dig in guys. I’m sure you’re extra hungry from traveling, Tara,” Willow smiled at the blonde and seated herself across from her.

“V-very. Willow, this food l-looks and smells absolutely a-amazing. It’s been…forever since I had a m-meal like this,” Tara continued to look at the food set before her with glazed over eyes while green ones looked at her.

I think I’m hungry for something else now.
“I forgot the bread, I’m gonna go get the bread now,” Willow hurried into the kitchen before she started blushing.

When she came back and sat down, everyone was passing around the dishes and nibbling on the food on their plates.

“I’m so glad you guys can cook,” Buffy commented with a mouth full of food, “Cause I sure can’t. T.V dinners are my specialty.”

“Ah, it was nothing. I just stirred and put pre-measured things in bowls,” Willow smiled at Xander.

“Not true, my young friend. You are the one that taught me to cook. You just let me do most of the work today because I made a deal with you to get out of doing the dishes.”

“True, but I am not that much younger than you. A few months, yeah, but we’re both thirty-eight.”

“I-I’m thirty-eight too. Birthday’s October 16th,” Tara couldn’t believe that Willow was as old as her. She looks so gorgeous and young.

“I just turned 38 two months ago actually, June 16th. We’re only 8 months apart then,” Willow beamed inside. Thank Goddess she’s not as young as she looks. I would have felt bad for flirting with someone younger than me.
“Did you come out here because of your work? If you don’t mind me asking, that is…”

“No, it’s p-perfectly fine Willow,” She loved saying that name, especially because the red head seemed to glow a little bit every time she said it, “I came d-down here on sort of an adventure. I just l-left the military, not e-entirely out of my own free will, and just drove s-south and ended up here. I guess I w-was meant to, my truck was pretty much s-screaming ‘get off at the next exit or I’m going to break down right here on the highway’.”

Thank Goddess for that truck… “Military, wow. That explains the muscles-not that I was looking-I mean, I was, but I bet you get a lot of compliments anyway-not that I was complimenting you in a coming-onto-you way-but I wasn’t entirely not-but you wouldn’t be thinking that in the first place-wow, military. How was that?” Willow finally ended her babble fest after she could physically feel her cheeks turning red. Now that she definitely knows that you’re gay…

Tara just gave her that lop-sided grin again and prayed that she wasn’t noticeably blushing as well. “It was p-pretty good, up until I had to leave. I was an e-engineer, so at least they left me something to do a-after I got out. If I hadn’t left on my own I would h-have been dishonorably discharged for homosexual c-conduct. The military doesn’t really like it w-when their officers hang out in gay bars, or dance with people of the s-same sex. They’re a bit overly religious or something I-I guess.” I might as well reveal a few cards too. She’s so cute when she babbles. I wonder if she talks a lot when she’s…woo there, reining-in the thoughts now.

“You’re an engineer, huh? That’s awesome because, if you’re interested, we have some engineer-type work here. We actually put out an ad a few days ago. Would you, maybe, be interested in taking up that position? You’d have free room and board and meals and the pay would be good and we’d love to have you stick around here,” Willow had her hands clasped in front of her and a pouty look on her face. She knew the blonde wouldn’t be able to resist the offer. This is perfect. She’ll be here and I’ll have more time to be with her and look at her and work with her and flirt with her and Goddess, this is perfect.

“Wow that is q-quite an offer. I would l-love to. That’s actually just the kind of w-work I was looking for. I guess my truck k-knew where to take me after all.” The two women couldn’t stop smiling at each other. Xander and Buffy had been smiling knowingly at each other as they listened to the two women talk and knew that they were completely oblivious to their presence now. They didn’t know Tara, but they knew Will was head over heals for the new addition to Rosenberg Inn.

“I’ll help Will show you around tomorrow. Until now, I’ve been the only handy…person around,” Xander continued to shovel more food onto his plate.

“Does that mean that I’m off the hook and back at the front desk? The repair work is fun and all, but I’m better at papers and laundry and stuff.”

“Yes, no more repair work for you Buffy,” Willow giggled at Buffy, knowing that she was definitely not the handy work type of person.

“I can’t w-wait to start. It’ll be nice to be doing s-something again. Especially something that i-isn’t military related.”

“Yeah, it should be more fun. That and we won’t kick you out for homosexual conduct,” Willow filled her mouth with food again to keep from babbling as her cheeks turned slightly red again. Actually, I’m hoping for some homosexual conduct with you…

Tara gave Willow that lop sided grin again, knowing it would make her blush more. “Thank you s-so much for dinner you guys, it was amazing. I’m going to turn in early, get a h-head start on things. Maybe have a look around the place if that’s alright with you Willow.”

“Sure thing. I’ll see you early tomorrow and get you some tools and stuff. Sleep well, Tara,” Willow smiled, still loving the sound of the woman’s name.

“You too, Willow. Good night guys,” Tara nodded towards Buffy and Xander.

“Goodnight, Tara,” Buffy smiled and waved.

“G-night,” Xander said as he continued to shovel food into his mouth.

Willow continued to watch Tara until she was upstairs and out of her view. I am so going to fall for this girl…

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

sorry about the double post. my computer has been acting up more than usual lately...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:33 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Wow and DIBS!!!

Still loving this story!

Muscle-y Tara and the immediate, simple attraction between them is fun to read. :pride :wtkiss :pride

I want to see their discovery of each other, getting to know each other and of course: smut! smut! smut! Okay, love! love! love!

Keep it coming!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am 

Topics: 10
*psst*