The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chase the morning (updated: 1/1/12)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Author's note: Sorry for the long wait! Writers block and senior year have it out for me :/ Much thanks to my beta ExtraFlamey! :D

Part 32:

Rupert sat on the couch in the living room studying the intricate lines on his palm in a futile attempt to block out the muffled moaning coming from the other room. The noise had started 20 minutes after Willow had followed Tara back into their room, leaving him to clean up the pancake mix. Now he sat awkwardly forced to listen to the sounds coming from the other room and the high pitched creaking of the springs in the bed. Rupert’s entire face had turned red and he was seriously contemplating going outside for a really, really long walk. There wasn’t even a TV around so that he could turn up the volume to drown out the noises. He sat there trying to concentrate on his hand while his leg vigorously bounced up and down out of habit. Finally he got up and announced to the empty room that he was leaving, grabbed a jacket that was draped over a chair that looked as if it would fit him and walked out the door. He shut it behind him and then removed his glasses to clean them furiously even though they were already quite clean.

Willow’s fingers were like magic on Tara’s skin as they ignited hidden sensations within her body. They were both breathing hard as Tara came down from her high and waited for her insides to stop convulsing around Willow’s fingers.

“W-Willow?” Tara asked in a raspy voice her throat felt parched, “I’m right here, baby” Willow replied, snuggling closer to her beloved’s naked body.

“I love you” Tara whispered. Never had she felt so alive and happy to be alive before.

“I love you too” Willow replied, gently putting a hand to Tara’s cheek and kissing her passionately.

Rupert went out of the apartment building, taking in the cold fresh air. The black kitten had followed him and now rested its body against Rupert’s boot. He stood leaning against the brick wall of the building and watched the cars pass by.

“So what is it that you wanted from Willow?” a voice asked from behind him, Rupert turned and saw a familiar looking face, only he couldn’t fully recall who exactly it was.

“I’m sorry and you are?” Rupert asked politely extending his hand to offer his hand to greet the other man who seemed to know him.

The man stared at him for a minute in disbelief and then at his hand, “You’re kidding right? Rupert it’s me... I saw you just yesterday...”

Willow and Tara snuggled together in the afterglow of their love making, the cool sheets of linen bringing down the temperature of their heated skin.

“We really should do that locator spell now, you know? Before we get distracted again” Tara suggested. Willow’s arms were wrapped around her waist and her face was pressed into the crook of her neck, never had she felt safer.

“Hmmm I don’t know, a couple of minutes ago you sounded like you liked being ‘distracted’ “ Willow quipped.

Tara grinned “Vixen” she countered, Willow laughed.

Tara gingerly released herself from Willow’s grip and sat up. She pushed the sheets aside,got out of bed and began to search for the book they had tossed to the ground in the hurry to jump each other’s bones only a few moments ago.

Once upon a somewhat happier time, when the reign of the master of vampires had only been running for 10 years or so, there were three teenagers who all had intertwined fates: they all had a destiny to hurt the others around them in the end.
The first was a teenager by the name of Rupert but everyone called him ‘Ripper’: he was a rebellious teenager who often defied authority figures, especially in school where he was always getting detention.
The second of the trio was Ethan Rayne who lived by himself after he was kicked out of his halfway home for orphan boys. He was always a very troubled young man, but he never let anyone know that. He would spend most of his time reading about dark magick in the back of the classroom with his friend Rupert who shared his interests. Ethan was somewhat of a coward, always running away from the things that scared him and he was always very rude to adults.
The third and final member of the trio was a very quiet and patient young girl named Allison. She would always tag along with Ethan and Rupert and go on their misadventures. Allison was one of the few teenage girls alive during that time in Sunnydale, as many of the other girls had been kidnapped by vampires while walking home from school or killed by the watch-men for fun.

On one particular night Ethan was sleeping over at Rupert’s house. They were lying on blankets that they had spread out along Rupert’s bedroom floor and were reading over dark spell books. Rupert had always been a more skillful warlock than Ethan but he seldom used his powers. Ethan was always trying to outdo Rupert but was rarely successful, which often made him very frustrated and jealous.
Rupert closed the large tattered book he was reading and turned on his TV, growing tired of looking at the same confusing passage he was stuck on. Ethan continued to focus on the book in his hands, but looked up every once in awhile to watch Rupert flick through the channels.

“So when are you going to ask Allison out?” Rupert asked, striking up a conversation.

Ethan’s face went red, he silently closed his book and looked up at Rupert. “Well ... I’m kind of waiting for the right moment...” he replied lamely.

Rupert shook his head disapprovingly, “She’s not going to wait forever for you, you know. You need to just suck it up and ask her already, I’m sure she’ll say yes” he said reassuringly.
“Well what happens if she doesn’t say yes? I mean she is one of my best friends and I don’t want things to be awkward between us if that happens” Ethan sighed. He felt that he'd never work up the nerve to ask Allison out.

Rupert nodded his head in agreement “Well alright, but you really should give it a try, you’ll never know if you don’t ask”, Rupert walked over to his window and wound the latch so that it slowly opened the glass part of the window leaving only the screen between himself and outside.

A refreshing breeze rolled in through the screen and filled Rupert’s room, making it more comfortable on that hot summer night. Rupert looked out onto the street watching the cars go by and a few drunk vampires stumbling about. He leaned in closer to the window when he heard the sound of sirens growing increasingly louder.

“Is that...?” Ethan asked, motioning towards the window.

“Mmhmm.” Rupert replied solemnly. It was the garbage truck coming to take away the dead bodies that had been left in the streets from the watch-men and vampires roaming the dark alleyways.
“Where are your parents with dinner? I thought you said they’d be back in an hour and that was three hours ago” Ethan complained, as he picked at the dirt under his nails and gazed up at the TV.

“Your right... maybe I should call them” Rupert replied. He moved away from the window and picked up his cellphone that was by his shoes and crumpled up dirty socks.

Rupert hit the speed dial button once his father’s name on his contact list was highlighted, a neon blue on the tiny digital screen. He held it up to his ear and let it ring several times before getting his father’s voicemail. He hung up and tried his mother’s cellphone which rang three times. On the fourth ring a man answered.

“Hello?” he asked, confused by hearing the man’s voice and not his mother’s.

“Uh hi... are you the son of this woman?” the mysterious man on the line asked.

“Yes... where’s my mum, why didn’t she pick up?” Rupert asked getting concerned. He stuck his hand in his pants pocket and fumbled with his house keys to comfort himself.
The man took a deep tired breath “Uhh... I have... I have some bad news for you. It’s your mom ... and, well, your dad too... you see they were killed. A gang of vampires came into my store while your parents were getting their groceries bagged and they massacred everyone in here including my own son. I was at home at the time when it happened so I’m only just finding out everything now myself. I’m really sorry for your loss” the man explained over the phone. His voice was heavy with grief and his burden of explaining to a teenager that his parents had just been killed.

It took a few seconds to register fully in Rupert’s mind. He silently clicked the phone off and let it drop to the floor in front of his feet.

“Fuck” was all he could manage to whisper, grief making him choke on his own voice. He breathed with shuddering deep gasps while trying hard not to cry.

Ethan stayed with Rupert and attempted to comfort him with kind words of hope that everything would get better. Rupert remained silent the rest of that night. His uncle had called him and he had listened half-heartedly while he explained that he’d be there in the morning to collect Rupert and his belongings so he could move in with him.

Rupert’s uncle’s house was right across the street from Allison’s house, so Rupert spent most of his time with Allison for the rest of the year. He saw less and less of Ethan who had taken to studying all the spells he could during all of his free time. Unexpectedly Rupert and Allison’s relationship grew fonder over the course of that year until by the end of their senior year in high school they were going steady. Ethan dropped out of school and failed to graduate after he had found out about Allison and Rupert seeing each other. He fell into a deep depression for weeks cursing both of his friends and believing that they had forgotten all about him.

Rupert was finishing off his schooling to become a surgeon and Allison was pregnant. Ethan couldn’t get over the fact that they only woman he had ever loved had been stolen from him by his best friend. He felt betrayed and put off to the side. Out of spite he got a job as a watch-man hoping he would find a place where he would belong. It wasn’t enough, though, his victims meant nothing to him and he really only wanted to hurt his best friend and Allison. He waited for long months planning the perfect way to have his revenge. From afar he would watch his two best friends going out on dates and holding hands. Every full moon of each month he set his plan to work. He created a curse which grew stronger with each full moon, infected Allison with it and made her grow very ill. When she reached the nine month period in her pregnancy the curse was complete. Before Allison’s baby could be born his curse brought her to the point of death. He secretly watched while Rupert was forced to watch her life die and cut open her womb early to save the life of his child. Rupert’s child was born with the same curse as her mother and thus Ethan’s revenge was complete. He had succeeded in driving his best friend insane and stripping him of his wife and the happiness of his only child.

The curse poisoned its host with demon blood, granting it dark magical powers but in return it would gain more control over the host's body as its anger grew, and usually by a certain age the demon was able to take over and destroy the soul of the host.
When Rupert was forced into the service of the master as a watch-man Ethan approached the broken man as an old friend, and it gave him a sick satisfaction to see his old friend up close slowly losing his mind.

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

Last edited by nightmask on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chase the morning (updated: 12/7/11)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I love the way that this story is developing. It was worth the wait. Good luck with senior year and keep writing.

Oh and I guess this is dibs lol.

Alicia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:36 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Wow,

What dark motivation AND I love babylove noisiness . . cute! :love

Interested to see the spell and where it leads - this story has a lot of unusual elements and plenty of twists and turns.

Definitely eager to see what happens next!

Keep writing!!! :kgeek :kgeek

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hi!

Sorry it took me so long to feedback. I actually read it right away, as I do all of your updates, but am a terrible procrastinator. This is such a great story and I'm glad that you keep updating. I sort of felt sorry for Rupert with all the "sounds" coming (no pun intended) from the bedroom...awwwwwkward. So I understand him wanting to get out for a bit, unfortunately running into Ethan can't be a good thing.

I liked seeing a bit of Giles backstory...explains a lot. And might I add WTF??? Tara is cursed? Well, this just means that Willow needs to figure out what's going on and FIX the situation and FAST! Of course this IS the Kitten, so I'm sure it'll all work out, but damn!

Anxiously awaiting your next update!!!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 pm 
5. Willowhand

I am entranced by this story. I cannot wait to see what comes next.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Leesht1: Hey Alicia, thanks for the motivation :] I'm so glad I'm keeping you interested in the story, sorry for making you wait so long!

Ariel: Thanks for the feedback ;] I have so many twists and turns planned for this story I just hope i don't over do it :]

Finey_McFine: Hey, don't worry about it I'm a big procrastinator too :] I just love making Rupert squirm and feel awkward it's so much fun :] I actually wrote the back story awhile ago and I last time I updated I kind of just added it in for the hell of it, but I'm finding it makes the story connect and flow better. The next update is a little angsty towards the end so please forgive me but I promise nothing bad will stay.

Fhlwda: Hey! Awesome new reader! I'm so happy your enjoying the story :D

Next update is directly below :]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:13 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Author's note: Hey new update!! The song used later on is "Everdream" by Nightwish (No copyright infringement intended)

part 33:

Suddenly a gurgling noise broke the quiet in the bedroom. Tara looked up from the floor from where she had been searching and met Willow’s questioning stare.

“I think that’s me...” Tara said sheepishly.

“Oh yeah, you never got to eat, we made all those pancakes and then totally forgot about them... I hope your dad didn’t eat them all” Willow replied.

The red-haired girl got up and quickly found a discarded bathrobe which she threw over her naked body.

“I’ll go see if there are any left” Willow offered, tying the belt of her robe loosely and opening the door.

“Bring them back here so we can snuggle and eat them” Tara replied. She smiled at the thought of snuggles and pancakes before returning to her search. Willow nodded and left.

“Ah hah!” Tara exclaimed as she finally located the book.

“Found it?” Willow called from the kitchen in response to Tara’s cry of triumph.

She walked back in, seconds later with a plate stacked with pancakes, balancing a small plastic bowl of syrup to dip them into on the side. She found Tara had arranged a few pillows on the floor to sit on and that the blonde had changed into a loose fitting T-shirt and boxer shorts. The book that held the location spell was turned to the correct page and sat upright with the support of a few pillows behind it. Tara looked up and grinned at Willow, and patted the space in front of her, indicating that she wanted Willow to sit between her legs so they could snuggle closely. Willow carefully balanced the plate of pancakes and sat down in front of Tara, easing carefully back into her before fully sitting down. Tara’s arms wrapped loosely over her shoulders, warm and inviting.

The red-head set the plate of heated up pancakes on the floor and then took one from the top, dipped it into the gooey syrup and then held it up to Tara’s mouth.

“Eat something before we start” she gently offered.

Tara took the offered pancake into her mouth happily, she began to chew but stopped momentarily as she felt Willow’s lingering gaze running over her.

“What?” Tara asked after swallowing.

“Your so beautiful, I’m so lucky to have you”, Willow responded grinning unabashedly.

Tara blushed slightly before leaning in to kiss Willow. The two lovers continued to exchange kisses for a minute or so before Tara reluctantly drew back.

“We really should get this location spell done, remember we only have a week left” she stated sadly, bringing the couple back to the urgency of their situation.

Willow frowned but silently agreed and directed her attention to the spell in front of them, while Tara continued to eat in order to quiet her stomach.

“Uh, Willow, this is a D-Demon location s-spell” Tara pointed out.

“You're right, it may not be able to locate the slayer. Besides the Master might have already thought of witches trying to use the location spell to free the slayer and probably worked some dark counter-spell mojo” Willow stated.

She picked up the book and began to flip through its ancient text for a different way of locating the slayer.

“There is another way, it’s a spell that’s almost impossible to counter, but it’s kind of dangerous, it’s sort of like astral projection. It’s very intense” Tara suggested.

Willow quickly caught on to what Tara was suggesting.

“The passage to the Nether Realm? But Tara, that’s really dangerous, I could lose you...” Willow replied feeling shocked that Tara would ever suggest doing something so hazardous.

“I’m done being scared, Willow. I want to do all it takes to make this world a better place, and this seems to be our only option at the moment” Tara responded confidently.

“Then let me do it. I won’t let you risk your soul getting lost, it’s too precious to me” Willow declared.

Tara opened her mouth to argue but Willow firmly stared at her in a way that said There is no arguing with me This is my resolve face

“Then I’ll be your anchor and keep you on this plane”. Tara took
Willow’s hand in hers and gently squeezed it to reassure her lover that she would make sure she would be safe.

“So your tellin’ me you don’t remember me at all?” Ethan asked feeling absolutely confounded.

Rupert shook his head and smiled politely “Sorry mate, you seem familiar but I can’t recall ever knowing you”.

The gears in Ethan’s head began to turn as he began to warm up to the idea of what kind of potential power this situation could offer him. He could possibly persuade Rupert into doing anything.

“Well how about this, old chap, we go back to my place and help you get things sorted out” Ethan slyly offered .

“I don’t know, I get the feeling that I wanted to forget my memories in the first place. Maybe it’s unwise to try and remember them” Rupert replied cautiously.

“Oh come on, I’ll make us some tea. Besides you and I used to be the best of friends and I hate that you can’t remember me” Ethan countered, lying through his teeth.

Rupert hesitated for a moment and then finally agreed. “Alright, fine. I’ll stay for one cup of tea”.

Ethan grinned and motioned for Rupert to follow him back into the building, neither man noticing a small black kitten following them and trailing closely behind them into Ethan’s apartment.

Ethan got out two mugs and began preparing the tea, while Rupert looked around the dank and messy man-cave of Ethan’s apartment.

“So how long have we been friends for?” Rupert asked, trying to start up a friendly conversation.

“You and I? We were good mates since grammar school, we used to practice magic together”. Ethan put a kettle on to boil, and then went over to a cabinet above his head and began to rifle through different packages of teabags.

“I suppose that sounds right... errr... what did you say your name was?” Rupert asked, he removed his glasses and began to clean them out of habit.

“Oh silly me, I’m Eric, Eric Rainey” Ethan replied. He inwardly smirked Rupert seemed to be playing right into his trap.

While Ethan was distracted the black kitten stealthily hopped up onto the counter top where the kettle had now boiled and gazed into the steaming clear water. Something flashed inside of the kitten’s glassy eyes and the water turned blue momentarily and then quickly faded back to being clear. The kitten then gave a soft meow to bring both men’s attention back to the kettle.

Ethan glanced over and noticed a tiny black kitten perched upon his counter top, “How the bloody hell did that sodding cat get in here?” he muttered.

Rupert frowned at Ethan’s reaction and went over to the counter top. He scooped the small kitten into his arms and cradled its small form and began to stroke its soft fur.

Ethan rolled his eyes at Rupert’s sensitivity and returned to fixing their tea. He put a tea bag in each mug, waited a few minutes until it brewed, took out the bags and added a drop of milk to each and then handed one to Rupert and took one for himself. They each waited a little until the tea cooled down and then finally each took a long gulp. The kitten knowingly hopped out of Rupert’s arms and perched itself once more upon the countertop to watch. Rupert and Ethan exchanged a mutual confused look before drowsily slumping over and finally collapsing on the floor of the kitchen.

Tara watched as Willow lay with her back against the pillows, breathing deeply and gasping at times, holding both of Willow’s hands in her own and focused on Willow’s firm fearful grasp. Finally, after what seemed to be a half-hour or so, Willow’s breathing returned to normal and her eyelids slowly flickered open. Her grasp slackened, and Willow wearily attempted to sit up. Tara studied her lover, noticing how exhausted she looked.

“Tara” Willow slurred, her body feeling sluggish and weak.

Tara moved to Willow’s side and brushed a piece of her copper hair behind her ear, “Yes my love?” Tara replied leaning slightly over her lover.

“Mmm... So ... So tired” Willow whispered groggily. She was fighting to stay awake but was getting nowhere as her energy reserves were nearly empty.

“But baby, we just took a nap a few hours ago” Tara replied. She was starting to get concerned, because ever since they had come to this apartment both of them had starting taking more naps and sleeping for very long periods of time. Only recently had she begun to feel rejuvinated from so much sleep, but it seemed to be making Willow only more tired.

“Can’t... help it... I’m just... so... wiped out” Willow slowly whispered back.

Tara frowned slightly, something seemed wrong. A person shouldn’t be so tired after sleeping for so long only a few hours before hand, but then again, she reasoned, they had just had sex only a half hour ago and Willow had only a few seconds ago completed a very complicated and draining spell that required extreme concentration. Tara laid down next to Willow and softly stroked the inside of her hand, while she gazed at her face that seemed to be losing the fight in her attempt to stay awake.

“Don’t push yourself then, if you're tired take a nap” Tara suggested snuggling closer to bring Willow extra warmth.

“Will you... sing me to sleep?” Willow languidly requested.

Tara smiled at this, Willow had never looked more adorable then at this moment, she was like a small child at bedtime.

“Anything for you my love” Tara replied, happily to oblige the red-head beside her.
She quickly thought of a good song to sing that could pass for a lullaby, as while she thought Willow inched closer and rested her head on Tara’s shoulder and draped an arm over her stomach.

“Ok, I've got one” Tara stated. Willow smiled gleefully and closed her eyes, ready to listen attentively and determined to not fall asleep until the song was complete.

The song began as a very soft and whispery melodious tune. The lyrics were beautiful and almost haunting to Willow’s ears and the song seemed to hold a power within itself.

“Ever felt away with me
Just once that all I need
Entwined in finding you one day

Ever felt away without me
My love, it lies so deep
Ever dream of me”
Tara paused and then began to hum before returning to the rest of the lyrics.

“Would you do it with me
Heal the scars and change the stars?
Would you do it with me?
Turn loose the heaven within?

I’d take you away
Castaway on a lonely day
Bosom for a teary cheek
My song can but borrow your grace

Ever felt away with me

My love,it lies so deep
Ever dream of me”

Tara held out the last note for a long time before taking a breath and starting from where she left off at the end of the chorus.

“Come out, come out wherever you are
So lost in your sea
Give in, give in for my touch
For my taste, for my lust

Ever felt away with me

My love, it lies so deep
Ever dream of me

Your beauty cascaded on me
In this white night fantasy

Ever felt away with me

My love, it lies so deep
Ever dream of me

Ever felt away with me

My love, it lies so deep
Ever dream of me”.

As Tara finished off the last lines of the chorus, Willow begin to drift and fall into a deep sleep, Tara finished the song and when she was done gently leaned in and kissed the top of Willow’s head.

“Good night, my sweet Willow Tree” she whispered.

Suddenly Tara looked up at the startling sound of the bedroom door creaking adjacent. The small black kitten had ventured back into the apartment wearing a look of smugness upon it's adorable satin face.

Tara smiled at the kitten and whispered to it, "C'mere kitty", obediently the black kitten moved towards Tara but stopped abruptly beside Willow's head.

"What have you done?" The kitten's voice boomed deep within Tara's head the voice now resembled that of a woman, and reminded Tara much of Galadriel, The lady of the wood's voice but when she showed her dark side when Frodo had offered her the ring.

"What do you mean?" Tara asked feeling confused, she had done nothing wrong in her opinion, perhaps the kitten was referring to their passage to the nether realm spell?

"There's old dark magic at work here and your the cause of it, Tara, do you realize Willow won't be able to wake herself up? You've put her under a very deep and dangerous sleep spell" the kitten seemed to be furious with her, for doing something so seemingly stupid.

But Tara had no idea how she had even cast this spell, she didn't even know where it came from. Her face fell after a few seconds when she realized she was indeed the cause of this, the lullaby, it had to be.

The kitten heard this and quickly addressed her, "What song was it that you sang? How could you not know of it's powers?!"

"I-I really didn't know... it's called 'Everdream' by a very old Finnish band called Nightwish" Tara responded, she felt foolish and stupid for not having believed in her suspicion that something indeed was wrong when Willow woke up so tired.

"You wouldn't know then, all the ancient texts on the poet who wrote those songs were lost a long time ago, the lyricist and key board player for that band, his name was Tuomas Holopainen, and it is said that he transferred all of his soul and dark magic into his poems that if ever sung by a pure witch that posses only good inside of them that the songs will come true and they are very difficult to undo" the kitten stated informing Tara of the true nature of the song she had just sung.

"Wait, but you said pure witch... I'm not pure, I have demon within me" Tara replied growing only more confused.

"Not anymore" the kitten replied stoically, "ever since Willow has been sleeping in your bed with you and doing spells with you, your demon has been leaking out and into her body without either of you knowing, she must have most of your demon inside of her now leaving you cleansed of it's evil, it's the only way the spell is possible, and now the more Willow sleeps the more the demon will ravage her soul and take over her body".

Tara couldn't listen to this anymore, shivering, she sat up and gently shook Willow's shoulders to wake her up, but the red-head gave no response, no murmur only deep breaths.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:23 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!!!

Update – YAY!!! :bounce :pinky :eatme

Nightmask,

Two things (among many of others!) that I love about this story is how well you capture ordinary moments, also how you capture new love – very sensuous and very fresh. Wait, the third thing – a plot where I cannot predict what will happen next!

The awakening and Tara’s rumbling tummy, then feeding her a pancake with syrup on the side was cute and real. The only thing I didn’t believe was Willow tying her robe loosely if there was the chance of running into a man – I think that she’d ensure it didn’t come open suddenly or slide open. But that’s a minor nit-pick, just came up as I read.

Love the kitten familiar working its magic on Ethan and Giles and it’s booming voice, similar to a dark Galadriel!

The song, incredible choice! The whole thing was perfect, but these lines in particular hit home for me:

“Would you do it with me
Heal the scars and change the stars?
Would you do it with me?
Turn loose the heaven within?

I’d take you away
Castaway on a lonely day
Bosom for a teary cheek
My song can but borrow your grace

Then you hit us with an amazing twist – Tara is pure but Willow lays in a cursed sleep. Incredible! Absolutely never saw it coming, although you did set it up that the sleep is a bit worrisome.

Amazing! Keep writing, can hardly wait to see what’s next! :kgeek :pray <=me praying for an update, though I have more hair!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

Last edited by Ariel on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 am 
5. Willowhand

Me like!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:42 am 

As soon as Tara started to sing, I said "NO!" out loud, lol. I knew something was up, but thought it would effect them both, so I was actually glad that it didn't and that at least Tara will be able awake and able to find a way to reverse the curse. Interesting little twist...I knew the non-angsty break wouldn't last!

Keep it going!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ariel: Yay! I'm so happy you like it :] I've never actually been in a relationship with someone that lasted more than a week so I'm just doing this from pure imagination and from books I've read. Ironically enough I don't even really know where the plot is going, I kind of type a few pages then post it and then decide after getting comments where I should go from there, I kind of just make it up as I go along :P I think I actually wrote the whole pancake scene because I was really hungry and wanted pancakes...
I totally agree with the robe thing, that was mistake I should have edited D:
I chose the song because Nightwish is my favorite band and I used to know how to play "Everdream" on the piano, but I don't anymore b/c I'm way too busy these days x.x The song is actually nowhere near a lullaby with the music and the original singer which I find really funny. I actually realized without planning it that I wrote it so that Willow and Tara kept sleeping allot which I eventually I picked up on and I was like "uhhh how do I explain this? I hope no one picked up on it, but if they did I should probably give a reason..." and that's where the whole demon going to Willow's body idea was formed. (Sorry for ranting!)

Fhlwda: haha I love the short but sweet comments I always get :D

Finey_McFine: when I wrote this up and I decided while writing and re-writing to make Willow the sort of helpless one, because it's now Tara's time to be strong. Sorry for breaking the "Non-angst" I hope you think it's worth it later on :]

Next update directly below!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:35 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Author's note: Done with college apps!!! ;.; so happy!!!

Part 34:

"Willow?" Tara asked softly she fought back the tears gathering inside her making her throat tighten and giving her the feeling of choking on her own oxygen.

"Willow?" she said louder, shaking the red-head more, with still no response. Tara began to call her name louder and more frantically.

"Please, please, please, please" she began to quietly chant, "Please get up! Willow?!" as tears began to fall and burn with their saline sting down her cheeks.

Willow continued to breathe deeply, her face devoid of expression except, perhaps, peacefulness.

Tara turned to address the kitten for advice but instead she found herself gazing upon the woman from her vision in the crystal ball, Lady Amalthea. Lady Amalthea did not looked directly into Tara’s eyes, but seemed to look past her or even through her, her blind eyes sat fixed on nothing in particular frightening Tara and making her uneasy. Apart from her haunting eyes, Lady Amalthea had the presence of a wise, patient and loving mother.

“Aren’t you...?” Tara asked sniffling, wiping at her tears that were beginning to blur her vision.

“Yes, Tara, I am indeed Lady Amalthea, my form as a cat was meant only to watch over you. I had hoped it would not have to come to this; revealing myself to you. I cannot help Willow for my gifts are not as great as yours, so we must make contact with 'The Wise One' and 'The Fair One' ” Lady Amalthea explained.

“The w-who?” Tara stammered not fully grasping what Lady Amalthea wanted of her.

“Go fetch your staff.We need to summon the prophets who declared you the chosen one, they’ve been watching over you, your entire life” Lady Amalthea quickly explained.

Tara got up and reluctantly left Willow’s side, returning with her staff.

“How do I summon them?” Tara asked looking questioningly at Lady Amalthea and then at the staff in her hand.

“Just say ‘Come to me’” and they will appear” Lady Amalthea instructed.

“Come to me?” Tara said in a doubtful voice. She closed her eyes. The staff felt like a melting icicle in her hand and then began to sting from its suddenly frigid temperature. It was then that she opened her eyes.

Before her stood two figures shrouded from head to toe in hooded cloaks. The one to the right had on a dark green cloak, was somewhat hunched over and putting most of their weight on a dark brown staff like Tara’s. But this one looked more like a branch with its bark carved off and it glistened like dark drenched wood. The figure slowly removed its hood to reveal an old balding man. He had purple bags under his green eyes and a short white beard and mustache.

The figure on the left had on a deep blue cloak. Moments later they also removed their hood to reveal a woman that looked as if she were in her 30’s. She had a soft pale complexion and billowing long red hair that came to her waist, and her eyes were a grayish-blue. She smiled at Tara in a caring way that made Tara think that perhaps this woman knew her.

She was the first to speak. “Oh Tara, it’s so good to finally be able to talk to you after all these years,” she said softly, closing the distance between herself and the blonde before kissing her on the cheek and pulling her into a warm embrace.

They were interrupted by a gruff coughing, and drew apart to look at the old man who sent the woman in the blue cloak a disapproving look.
The woman rolled her eyes and smiled at Tara, “Don’t mind him, he’s just an old fart who likes to play by the rules. He likes to make everything so darn formal!”.

“I’m s-sorry - w-who are you?” Tara asked hoping not to offend the woman.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I figured Amalthea told you already, I am known as ‘The Fair One’, and he is known as ‘The Wise One’ ” the woman said motioning to the old man in the green cloak.

Back in Ethan’s apartment, Rupert and Ethan slowly got to their feet. Both men groaned as they felt their heads spinning and they tried to regain their balance.

When Ethan finally stopped seeing double he gazed upon Rupert, but was met with different eyes gazing back at him. These were silver.

“Duma?” he asked astonished, “Is that you my love?”

Rupert looked up at Ethan and nodded slowly and reassuringly. His eyes were definitely not Rupert’s.

“So it’s true then, we have been summoned through these bodies to protect the chosen ones” Ethan said.

Inside Ethan was the guardian known as Remiel who was now inhabiting his body.

And inside Rupert was the guardian known as Duma, ‘The Silent One’. Rupert got up steadily but it was Duma’s eyes that focused intently on Remiel only a few feet away from him. Ethan moved closer to Rupert and gently placed each hand on his hips, “Oh Duma, it’s been so long since we’ve had bodies, since I’ve been able to hold you. Do you remember that last time I held you? Before we said goodbye?”.

Rupert nodded softly and wrapped his arms around Ethan’s neck and pressed his face into his chest. Duma’s gray eyes began to silently shed tears and he pressed Rupert’s body closer to Ethan’s. Ethan’s shirt began to absorb Duma’s tears creating a wet spot where his face was pressed into his shirt. Rupert shook and breathed erratically. Duma and Remiel had been apart for so long after their separation. Their souls had been sent into limbo to wait for the arrival of the Chosen Ones, and they had been unable to make contact without the vessel of a body to communicate. Ethan soothingly rubbed Rupert’s back with one hand and with the other cradled the back of his head and ran his fingers through the man’s short but soft hair.

“Come on, Duma, we have to go find ‘The Chosen Ones and we can’t show up as their guardians crying” Ethan said softly.

Rupert nodded, reluctantly put some space between them and wiped at his tears and runny nose with his sleeve. Ethan gave Rupert a warm reassuring smile and interlaced his fingers with the other man’s. He brought Rupert’s knuckles, intertwined in his own, to his lips and kissed them.

“I’ve really missed you, Duma” Ethan said tenderly.

Rupert nodded in agreement and stood up a little straighter and leaned in before placing a loving kiss on Ethan’s lips. Ethan immediately responded and deepened the kiss. Ethan gently pulled away momentarily.

“Then again, I’m sure ‘The Chosen Ones’ can manage a few more hours without us” he reasoned, influenced mostly by the heated kiss and the burning urge to feel Duma’s new skin on his own.

Duma smiled deviously and looped an arm around Ethan’s neck to pull him in for more.

After explaining what had happened to Willow to both ‘The Wise One’ and ‘The Fair One’, Tara began to grow anxious.

“Please, I need to know how to save Willow from this sleep spell and how to also free her from my demon” Tara stated in an almost demanding manner that emphasized her urgency.

‘The Fair One’ took Tara’s hand in her own to comfort the girl who seemed to be at the end of her patience.

“Tara, your demon in particular, can only be defeated by one thing” she stated slowly.

“What?” Tara breathed, noticing the somberness in ‘The Fair One’s' tone.

“The Sun, the Sun is the only thing that will destroy your demon and the curse that binds itself to you and now to Willow”.

Tara frowned, she needed Willow by her side in order to get the Sun back, this was starting to become impossible for her.

“And the sleeping spell?” she asked her voice devoid of hope, waiting for the worst.

“That is a little easier to take care of, but still very difficult and time consuming, unfortunately” ‘The Wise One’ responded.

“Tell me” Tara replied impatiently, time was becoming a new enemy for her.

“Amy, the witch you encountered a few days ago. She has what you need” This time ‘The Fair One’ answered.

“Double Crap” Tara thought, her eyebrows knitted in worry.

“There’s nothing any of you can do for Willow?!” Tara cried in outrage. She felt like all of them were completely useless, they were pretty much standing around telling her she had to do everything with no outside help.

All of them shook their heads feeling somewhat ashamed at Tara’s evident disapointment with them.

“Then watch over her for me, make sure nothing else happens. Move her to the bed, make her comfortable. Do anything you can and keep looking for any other way of fixing these problems” Tara seethed, her blood pounding wildly within her veins in anger.

Tara quickly removed her shorts and yanked on some jeans, too blind with rage to care if her visitors saw her undressed or not. She grabbed a sweater and was half way out the bedroom door when a voice stopped her.

“And where are you going?” ‘The Wise One’ said in a strict fatherly manner.

Tara turned and glared at him, “I aready have a father and I already get enough grief from him. I’m going to go find Amy, with or without your help”.

‘The Fair One’ nodded in understanding, she put a hand on ‘The Wise One’s’ shoulder indicating to him to “back the hell off”.

“Amalthea sent for guardians to help you, they’ve taken over the body of your father and Ethan Rayne. I believe they’re in Ethan’s apartment in this building right now,” ‘The Fair One’ informed Tara.

Tara nodded in thanks, feeling a little relieved. Once again she turned to leave but was stopped by ‘The Fair One’.

“Oh and Tara...” the woman said. Tara turned and caught her staff in one hand as it was tossed to her, “...Don’t forget your staff!”
Tara smiled at the woman’s warmness and understanding and nodded before finally leaving.

Post subject: Re: Chase the morning (updated: 2/1/12)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:25 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!! :whip

Nightmask,

An update! :banana :bounce :pinky

A TOTAL change of pace - interesting! I like your wild improvisation - never know what is going to happen next and I love that part of your story.

You've gone from a lyrical, almost poetic style to a much different style.

I was actually touched by the love of the two guardians - their scene together moved me, didn't expect it to, but it did! Thank you for bringing more love to be warmed by!

Wow, big cliff-hangers on the sleepy spell and demon-y stuff!

Definitely roped me in, so keep writing! :kgeek :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:48 am 
5. Willowhand

I'm eager to see Tara kick some major ass with that staff.

Just sayin...

haha.

Great update.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, I'm back in the game and caught up again. Promise me it won't be too long before your next update. Looking forward to more. Pissed off Tara is one of my favorite. Well, when she's pissed at anyone, but Willow. Keep up the great work.

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:31 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Ariel: Thanks! I'm going to try and keep with the descriptive imagery but I'm going to have to start watching underworld again for inspiration :P I actually kinda stole Duma and Remiel from Neil Gaiman's sandman their supposed to be the protectors of hell and it always seemed like they were together so I kind of just threw it in there. Sorry for the long wait x.x so much AP homework :/

Fhlwda: haha as soon as I stop writing the gushy love stuff everyone's like "Let's seem them kick some ass!" :smash I love it. I just have to dig up my old teen Titans and batman comics and watch underworld again to get inspired. Or many some film noir movies hmmm that'd be interesting. Thanks for the feedback! Sorry for the long wait!

True_Love: I'm sorry I took so long :((
I love how everyone likes a pissed off Tara :D I'll do my best ! Thanks for the feedback!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Author's note: Woot! New update! I got into all the colleges I applied to so far I'm just waiting to hear from RISD which is probably gonna be a big way no way. :aww AP art history is killing my social life if I ever had one. Malinda Lo is amazing go read her books! :whip
Sorry for the excessive cursing coming up....
Special thanks to ExtraFlamey for editing everything!! <3

Part 35: Old Souls and New wars

Tara shut the apartment door behind her and quickly headed down the stairs. She looked at each apartment door, searching for the tag “Ethan Rayne”, but by the time she hit the ground floor she had checked every one and none of them had the right name. Frustrated, Tara frantically considered going back and double checking. She had no time for that though, so taking a deep breath she sat down cross-legged on the ground and began to focus her energies. She closed her eyes and felt her magic gathering within her and slowly pouring out to form a tiny white light.
“Find my father” Tara whispered She opened her eyes and saw the light hovering and waiting for her to rise so she could follow it.

Tara got up and followed the light as it led her to the second door closest to the building exit. She noticed that it was right next to the apartment door bearing Willow’s name, which was a little strange. The light evaporated, but on the door the name tag said “Eric Rainy”.

Tara rolled her eyes, “They could’ve told me the room number before I left” she grimanced.

Tara lifted her hand to the door to knock but was stopped suddenly by voices she heard from inside. There were two of them and neither of them sounded like her father’s. Maybe the spell hadn’t worked correctly? she wondered. Hesitantly she knocked on the door twice.
After a few seconds it opened to reveal a disheveled man with silver eyes and messy brown hair that was graying slightly. He looked about her father’s age which gave Tara a small twinge of hope.
“Uh sorry, would you happen to know where Ethan Rayne’s apartment is?” she asked politely.

The man’s face suddenly brightened as if he knew Tara, “This is it” he said not taking his eyes from Tara’s face.

“Then is my father in there?” Tara asked, this man seemed odd but friendly enough.

“Uh yes” the man said before turning and calling out. “Duma! She’s here!” he exclaimed excitedly.

He then looked further out into the hallway where Tara stood and seemed confused, “But where’s the other?” he asked.

“D-Do you mean you know? About me and Willow?” Tara asked, now this was getting weird, who was this guy?
“Yes, you're Tara, the Chosen One, but why isn’t Willow with you? Has something happened?” the guy asked with a look of worry.

Rupert appeared behind Ethan. He looked at Tara and smiled but said nothing.

“Dad?” Tara asked sensing something wasn’t the same about him.

“That’s actually Duma, and I’m Remiel, we were given the vessels of your father and Ethan Rayne in order to aid you on your quest. We are the guardians of the Chosen Ones” Remiel explained.

“Uh... ok?” Tara replied not really sure how to react in this odd situation.

Duma lightly tugged on Remiel’s sleeve and looked up at him with questioning eyes. Remiel seemed to understand what Duma was silently asking and turned back to Tara.

“He wants to know where Willow is, as well” Remiel explained.

“Can’t he speak?” Tara asked. “Duma long ago took a vow of silence as a tribute to the gods, and because of this he was given the name “The Silent One”, so to answer your question, no, he can’t speak” Remiel explained.

“Oh” Tara said, “Um, Willow is upstairs. I put her under a sleeping spell by accident and I can’t seem to wake her up, I was going to find a witch named Amy, she’s supposed to know how to fix this”.

“That doesn’t leave us much time to find the slayer before the next full moon” Remiel pointed out with a grim expression on his face.

“I know” Tara replied. Inwardly she frowned, did he really have to rub it in?

“We should make a plan to make up some time for you” Remiel suggested and Duma at his side nodded in agreement.

“Well I also have to find the slayer, maybe you could do that? I mean my father is a Watch-man and works for the Master, so maybe he could sneak you into their facility and you guys could recon or something?” Tara suggested motioning to her father.

“An excellent suggestion, and I believe the man I am inhabiting right now is a watch-man too so sneaking won’t be necessary. Ok, so Duma and I will go find the slayer. That is unless you’d rather have one of us go with you” Remiel said taking on a sort of leadership.

“You seem to know what your doing and my father... er Duma can’t speak so they may get suspicious of him, so why don’t I take Duma with me?” Tara suggested.

Remiel nodded, but Duma looked at him with concern. He grasped his hand, silently longing to be with his partner.

Remiel sadly shook his head, “I’m sorry but your silence is too risky unfortunately, and I’d feel safer if you went with Tara, she needs the protection” Remiel said firmly.

Duma frowned but nodded and then turned to face Tara and gave her a nod showing his allegiance to her.

“Ok, let’s get going then, we’ll meet back in the apartment upstairs” Tara said feeling anxious.

Duma hesitated and looked sorrowfully back into Remiel’s eyes, he brought his hand to Remiel’s cheek and leaned in, kissing him. Tara watched feeling like an intruder on something very private. They were old souls who couldn’t bear to be apart and compassion swelled in Tara for how strong their love was for each other.

Duma gently broke the kiss and Remiel smiled back at him reassuring him silently that this was not goodbye. Duma then turned to Tara and and walked over to stand beside her.

“I hope I don’t have to tell you to be careful” Remiel said from behind them. Tara smiled, knowing they really wanted to protect her.

Tara decided to walk to the park where she had her attack, sensing that Amy or someone who knew Amy would be there. Duma followed a few steps behind cautiously surveying the area.

Amy was there, but she was not alone. A small group of black-magick-junkies sat on a lunch table with Amy in the center making deals with her customers while the others waited and gambled while playing cards. Most of them were smoking or drinking beer, two of them, the ones sitting closest to Amy, looked sickly pale and too dead to be human. Tara bit her lip but casually walked over, trying to appear confident and composed and hopefully even a little ruthless or intimidating.

“H-Hey Amy” Tara said loudly, inwardly she cursed herself for stuttering.

Amy looked over her shoulder. She had a cigarette between her lips, and was wearing a short black dress with a black leather Celtic knot choker. She looked amused but a little caught off-guard.

“Well well, looky what we have here! Little Tara-bear is back and she wants to talk” Amy said in a mockingly sweet tone. “And where’s that red-head cunt of a girlfriend of yours?” she spat, blowing dirty smoke and nicotine stench into Tara’s face.

Tara held her breath trying not gag. She glared at Amy fuming as the smoke cleared.

“What’s wrong? Did she dump your ass, and now you wanna crawl back to me? Even after what you two did to my fucking dealer?” Amy sneered, stubbing out her cigarette on a magick-junkie’s beaten up leather jacket.

Now Amy was really starting to get annoyed by Tara’s silence.“What the fuck do you want?” she growled.

“Sleeping spell cure. I heard you were the person to go to” Tara said, her anger pushing her to speak clear and defiantly.

“You gotta be more specific than that, sweetie, what kind of sleeping spell and why the fuck should I help you? What’s in it for me?” Any said in an impatient tone.

Tara had had enough, and whipped up the staff she held at her side and pointed it menacingly close to Amy’s throat.

“NightWish, Everdream. Ever hear of it?” Tara responded coldly.

Amy looked down at the staff that potentially threatened her breathing and then back to Tara’s face, looking for signs of bluffing. Tara didn’t falter.

“Answer me” Tara said darkly, anger dripping from her and coating her words with fearful venom.

“I’ve heard of it, but I doubt you have enough” Amy countered, attempting to appear as if she still had the upper hand.

Her two vampires and group of magick-junkies were now watching Tara carefully, all of them tense and ready to strike. Tara ignored them and focused on her target.

A flash of angry memory filled Tara’s mind, filling her with the rage she needed. Quietly she removed the staff from under Amy’s chin and withdrew it. Amy relaxed and her attention faltered for a second, which was just what Tara needed.

With inhuman speed, the dark blonde witch drew the staff to her side, her arm completely extended, and then snapped it back at her target with frightening accuracy. The staff was a white blur as it cracked against the side of Amy’s head.

Amy’s minions twitched and jumped a little unsure if they should strike this quiet but deadly opponent or wait and see if Amy would counter.

Amy clutched the side of her head and howled in pain. She drew her hand back and looked at the inside of her palm, now coated bright red. The two vampires beside her stiffened when they caught the delightful whiff of human blood.

“Will that be enough?” Tara said. She felt lethal, as if something within her was ready to explode and turn into something dark and unstoppable...

Post subject: Re: Chase the morning (updated: 2/26/12)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh, dibs!
Seeing Tara so uncharacteristically threatening, even violent, is kind of interesting, but also a bit shocking. I wonder if it only comes from her fear for her partner or if the source of this darkness is something else...I thought that her demon had transferred to Willow, but maybe there are residues left...
I hope Amy gives her the counter spell now so that Tara and Willow are reunited as soon as possible!

Great story so far, keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:08 am 
5. Willowhand

Oh snap! What ya gonna do now, Amy?

I love it when Tara gets all with the Butch and fighty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm 

Take charge Tara, is there anything better? Ahhh, I think not! Also, the mere thought of Ethan and Giles together as pseudo lovers...totally creeps me out. I keep trying to picture it in my mind and, yeesh! Anyway, I sure hope Tara can figure out how to wake up Willow soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:14 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wills Redemption: I think Tara's fear for Willow's safety is what's making her so strong, it's like a mother bear protecting her cubs. I promise no evil residues are left... that sounds kind of dirty ;P Thanks for the feedback!

fhlwda: Lol butch Tara is awesome :] I've been recently reading Amazon books so it's probably inspired by that :]

Finey_McFine: XD I couldn't help the ethan and giles pairing it kept popping up in my mind in that episode in season four when they both get drunk and start going on about the good old days ;D Thanks for the feedback!

Next update directly below!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Author's note: I am a horrible person :ashamed I am so sorry I made you guys wait so long!! I had college stuff to do and an AP art history quarterly to study for and a 50 page comic to draw (which I'm still not done with). Good news is I built up the nerve to buy lesbian books on Amazon, which is really pathetic sounding but I've never done that before because I was afraid what my mom would say. Because of that my entire life has gotten so much happier :] I got to read "Ash" and "Huntress" by Malinda Lo, "Sleeping beauty indeed" by various writers and the most amazing book I have ever read in my life, "Shadows of Aggar" by Chris Anne Wolfe. I'm in heaven. Oh and I got my Bat Woman elegy comic yesterday in the mail so despite my life being so hectic it's very wonderful right now :] On another good note, I decided I'm going to MICA for college, I got the highest score on my AP art history quarterly which was a 100. I got a small scholarship from the National Art Honor Society and I came out to my Uncle in Florida. So life is pretty good right now :] Big thanks to my amazing beta ExtraFlamey!!! :clap
Well that's enough babbling from me, Enjoy!!

Part 36: There's no place like home

Duma tensed, standing to the side and slightly behind Tara. He rolled up the sleeves of his weathered gray sweater, unintentionally revealing the mark of Igon on his forearm. The magic junkies caught note of this and began to get up and slowly back away, keeping their eyes carefully focused on Duma and Tara. Amy ignored her pitiful junkies but glared at the two vampires beside her.

“The fuck is wrong with you idiots?! Go break that bitch's face!” she snarled, cradling the side of her own head.

Both glared at her from the corner of their eyes but got up off the picnic bench. The taller one, to Amy’s left, reached into his pocket and pulled out two sets of brass knuckles which he gracefully placed on his hands and made fists so the metal stood out. The one to the right quickly pulled out a butterfly switchblade from his worn pants pocket and extended the steely cold blade. Both grinned, now eager for the fight that was evidently to come. Tara glanced at each of them nervously and gritted her teeth. Amy she could handle, these vampires she knew she could not. They were taller and more than double her weight in muscle. They were probably faster and would easily be able to dodge her staff. The switch blade guy moved forward grinning wickedly. His face morphed, his features exaggerated themselves. Cheekbones became more angular, the muscles that held each eyebrow grew bigger and extended out further so that his eyelids were covered in shadow and his eyes with tiny black pupils seemed to have a small cave hovering over them. Fangs became more visible and drool flowed and dribbled down the guy’s chin. His eyes flicked from Duma and then to Tara, picking his prey, and began to walk faster towards the dark blonde witch.

Tara tensed her grip on her staff, holding it firm and ready. Suddenly a blur moved past her, intercepting the vampire. Her father’s body moved with unprecedented agility and stealth.

Before Tara could flinch, Duma had crushed the vampire’s collar bone with his fist and kicked him in the ribs hard so that he fell to the ground with the wind knocked out of him. The other vampire by Amy’s side growled at Duma and rushed towards him. Duma turned fast and moved his head to the side dodging the vampire’s punch. Quickly he hooked his boot behind the vampire’s leg upsetting his balance, then placed the bottom of his boot firmly on the vampire’s throat as it also fell to the ground. The vampire snarled and thrashed his body to get up but Duma silently applied more pressure digging into the vampire’s windpipe. Wheezing, it continued to glare at Duma, who leaned in so that his face was inches away from the vampires and grinned. He traced the gold septum ring that hung from the vampire’s nose with his thumb and then without blinking tore it violently from the creature beneath him. The vampire stopped thrashing and instead crumpled into fetal position howling and clutching both hands over his bleeding nose.

Amy shakily glanced from one vampire to the other, knowing they were both severely beaten. A chill ran through her body as she saw no way out.
Duma moved away from the vampire and tossed the septum ring to the ground, before moving to Tara’s side protectively.

“Now about that cure…” Tara said confidently, walking over to Amy.

Threatened, Amy stepped back a few feet. “Alright… Okay" she started, "Do you have anything I can write on? I can give you the ingredients and some instructions and…” but Tara cut her off.

“That’s not good enough”.

Tara knew Amy would probably try to trick her and give her the wrong spell in a cunning effort to have her petty vengeance.

She turned and motioned to Duma, “She’s coming with us”. Duma nodded and quickly moved behind Amy and grabbed her by the shoulders.

Tara lowered her staff to her side, before moving closer to Amy so that she was only two feet away, “Sorry, it’s nothing personal. I just don’t trust you”.

Amy frowned and Tara turned and began to walk, Duma and Amy followed behind.

“What ingredients do we need?” Tara asked, falling back to walk beside Amy and Duma.

“One morning glory seed, a magpie egg, saltwater and a mirror lined basin” Amy grumbled.

“Where can we get these?” Tara asked, unsure if Willow had any of those back at the apartment.

Suddenly Duma stopped walking and gently tapped Tara on her shoulder. Amy and Tara stopped and looked at him curiously. He placed his hand on his chest and nodded to Tara. Tara seemed to understand what his meaning was.

“You know where to get these ingredients?” Tara asked astounded.

Duma nodded reassuringly, he then motioned for Tara to take Amy’s arm and then gestured for them to go back to the apartment.

Tara firmly gripped Amy’s wrist but looked back with concern at Duma, “Are you sure?” she asked.

Duma smiled and nodded. He gave a small wave before heading off in the other direction.

Once Duma had turned the corner Amy took the opportunity to talk, and possibly distract Tara so that she could get away.

“So what’s his deal, why doesn’t he speak?” she asked hoping conversation would make Tara’s grip on her slacken a little.

Tara gritted her teeth and continued to walk ahead pulling Amy with her. She disregarded Amy’s talking, she didn’t want to talk to this woman, she just desperately wanted to get back to Willow. Amy frowned, her magic reserves were tapped out without Rack being around. She knew she wasn’t strong enough to get away from Tara and was worried about what the blonde witch or her silent friend would do to her if she even attempted it.

Amy and Tara finally reached the last flight of stairs and approached the single door. Tara knocked and waited for it to open, she heard shoes scuffing the floor and heard the lock click. The Fair One was on the other side and welcomed Tara back with a warm smile. Tara couldn't help but smile a little in return as she walked inside, pulling Amy along with her as the Fair One locked the door behind them.

"Can you watch her? I want to go check on Willow" Tara said motioning towards Amy.

The Fair One nodded and Tara left the two of them. She padded quickly down the short hallway and opened the first door to the left. The room was slightly warmer than the hallway and the lights were dimmed, just soft illumination in the corner of the room coming from a simple desk lamp, where The Wise One sat in an arm chair absorbed in a big leather bound book with thin crinkly pages. He looked up slightly startled at the unannounced intruder, but relaxed when he realized it was Tara. Tara nodded to him, silently assuring him that everything was okay - or rather nothing had gotten worse than things already were.

"Um... do you t-think I could h-have a few minutes alone w-with Willow?" Tara asked stuttering now as her passiveness returned. She couldn't help it, for Willow in this state made her feel so weak and helpless.

The Wise One, feeling like an uninvited guest, quickly got up and flicked off the lamp. He placed his index finger between the two pages, saving his place as he closed his book, coughed awkwardly and whispered "excuse me" before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

Tara stood stock still, gazing at Willow's small form, her chest rising slowly up and down under the covers. Tara moved closer to the bed until her knees were up against the edge of the bed and leaned slightly against the quilted covers. Both of her hands gripped the quilt to steady herself, feeling lost and stupid, so alone and vulnerable without her Willow. She bit her lip wanting to cry and knowing that she could if she wanted to as the near darkness of the room and the closed door would conceal her whimpers and hide her tears. But she knew the silence in the room, broken only by the cadence of soft peaceful respiration and dreaming, would echo back at her and name her coward and weak-hearted.

Tara felt nothing greater at that moment than the pull of her gut urging her to crawl into bed with her beloved and hold her close. But that also felt selfish. She had caused all of this misfortune and it seemed wrong to take a break and seek comfort from the person that needed her to be brave. A chilling shudder ran through Tara. It was scary that she needed Willow this badly; how had she even survived seventeen years without her? All alone? How had she dealt with the awful pain of loneliness? The pull within her strengthened and her body moved on its own without it even fully registering in her mind what she was doing. She climbed quietly onto the bed, ignoring that she still had her boots on. She didn't care anymore, she just wanted to hold Willow close to her and feel her lover in her arms again. She moved her body next to Willow's and snuggled closely against her back, pressing her nose against Willow's neck and wrapping an arm around the redhead's waist. Tara breathed in Willow's sweet scent of wild strawberries and felt another shudder ripple through her. Her body immediately snuggled closer against Willow's, her hand resting against Willow's stomach, holding her close. Willow's shirt was slightly pulled up exposing a small sliver of her skin, and Tara, no longer having control over herself, slipped her hand over that nakedness and was utterly consumed by the feeling of Willow's warm breathing and soft skin under her trembling fingers. All she could think at that moment was "Home...I am home... this is my home".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post subject: Re: Chase the morning (updated: 4/6/12)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:21 am 

DIBS? :wtf No feedback yet? Come on people!! READ THIS!!

I actually read it when you posted, but was on my phone and forgot to comment, so I'm here to redeem my self!

I feel like we're getting close to waking Willow and finally moving forward with the impending battle. I just hope Amy doesn't do something stupid, like worsen the spell. For that she should definitely be turned into a rat! It's bad that Willow is comatose, but it does give Tara a chance to act on her own and gain some much needed confidence. Tara's actions at the end are sweet and that of true love.

I can't wait to see what happens next! Update soonish...please?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Finey_McFine: Hey sorry for the long wait :/ I had AP tests and most of my time all day is taken up by school work and finishing pages for a comic I'm making. I'm awful at writing without feedback I just get so unmotivated so thank you so much for letting me know what you think :]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Author's note: Hey if you read this story please don't be afraid or too lazy to comment... :sob seriously you can even just say "Hi" and that makes my day so much better. Thanks to Finey_McFine for giving me feedback and for being such a loyal reader :] Special thanks to my amazing beta ExtraFlamey. I hope you enjoy and please comment or there will probably be no next part... :crash

Part 37: "Though I die Magpie this I bequeath, by any other name a Jay is still blue"-Johanna Newsom

Duma wandered down the cold and dank streets until he reached a certain corner. Outside a dark shop with broken, spider web glass stood a mysterious-looking man who appeared to be no older than about 26, but this guise of youth was very misleading. His skin was pale and dirty looking, as if he hadn’t taken a bath in months, and his hair was brown, oily and long, stopping just before his shoulders. He was dressed in a cut up and stained gray shirt with a dirty mustard color jacket that was a few sizes too big for him. His jeans were caked in mud and had a huge gap on each knee, from the material wearing away. Duma walked up to him and smiled as they met each other’s eye, both recognizing an old friend.

His name was Mephistopholes, a lower demon who was loyal to Remiel and Duma. Duma was able to recognize him by his unique golden brown eyes and the black leather wristband with ancient carvings that he always wore. Mephistophiles instantly recognized Duma despite his new form, as he could always tell who a person truly was by the combination of their scent and the presence of their aura.

The shop behind them had two wooden benches next to the gaping entrance where a door had once stood. There was graffiti covering most of the walls, but the original store sign was still just readable underneath the grime and the paint. It read “Magic Box” in faded colors. Yellow Watch-men caution tape boarded off the shop entrance, but anyone could easily slip into the darkness inside and remain undetected.

The lamppost seemed to stand as a looming shadowy guard next to Duma and the lower demon, its pale sickly light flickering constantly, and with every passing minute the light grew more dim. This concealed the two friends well but still gave them enough light to communicate by.

Duma quickly made fast hand gestures in the dim light, silently explaining the ingredients he needed and asking if Mephistopholes knew where to get them. Fortunately for Duma, Mephistopholes’ mother, Maziken, had taught her son long ago how to use sign language, along with other useful dialects.

Mephistopholes nodded in response and smiled, eager to help out his old friend. They ran into each other every few centuries or so. Duma was usually on a mission with Remiel close by and they usually came to him for information or magic materials that they might have need of.

Mephistopholes motioned for Duma to wait for him, then turned towards the Magic Box and quietly ducked inside under the yellow tape. Duma could make out the sound of heavy boots crunching over broken bits of glass and something crunchy like sand being mashed into the ground. Next came the sound of glass clinking and the ruffling of paper. Seconds later Mephistopholes returned as quietly as he entered, his arms full of packaged materials. He carefully handed over the fragile ingredients one by one to Duma, who placed them strategically in separate pockets, so they would not knock together. They then gripped each other’s forearm gently, saying goodbye in the ancient way as they always did when they departed.

“May the mother ride your winds” Mephistopholes whispered in good luck before walking away.

Duma headed in the opposite direction. He walked down several blocks before stopping at a crossroads at the main street. From here he could either, walk by the Bronze and check on Remiel, or he could go back to Willow’s apartment. Duma bit his lip, he knew he would have felt something if Remiel was in trouble, after all, much like the chosen ones they too shared a bond. He wanted to see him though, just to be sure, but he couldn’t make himself move in the direction his heart wanted him to go. Remiel would be furious at him if he disobeyed his orders, as his duty was to the chosen ones and they should be his top priority. Duma frowned he hated being away for Remiel for so long. They had only just been reunited and being separated again so quickly made him anxious. Unhappily he trudged in the opposite direction to the Bronze and walked on a few more blocks until he reached the apartment complex.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tara felt emotionally drained. She just wanted to lie there in bed holding Willow close to her. Her body was fighting with her to weaken her defenses and to fall asleep, but her mind was busy keeping her awake by thinking too much. Her restless thoughts were begging the universe to just let her hold Willow a few moments more, to not make her get up and have to face the world again, alone.

It was the feeling she used to get when she was a little younger and had begun the pattern of staying up late on the computer or reading, and before she had known it, it had been almost time to get up and have lessons with her father for the day. She would always fall into an exhausted sleep and wake a few minutes before the time her father would knock on her door and tell her to get up. She dreaded those last few minutes of sleep, because she knew no matter how desperately she clung to her dreams or how tightly she closed her eyes, she would be awoken by the harsh and startling thud of flesh knocking on wood.

“Please, please, please, please, let me just stay here for a little while” she chanted over and over again in her head until it began to give her a headache.

It was then that there was a soft rapping at the door, Tara grimaced. She slowly untangled herself from Willow’s sleeping form and wrapped the blankets once again securely around her lover. The door was illuminated only by the small opening where the hallway light shone through, cutting through the darkness in one thin line. Before heading towards the source of the noise behind the door Tara walked over to Willow’s side of the bed and leaned over her small form. Willow's breathing was soft and rhythmic. Tara closed her eyes and leaned in closer. She pressed her nose into the side of Willow’s head, brushing against her lover’s soft copper hair, and breathed in deeply, savoring Willow’s smell, before planting a loving kiss on the center of her forehead. Her throat tightened and once again threatened to give way to a low and pained whimper, but she swallowed it. It was like swallowing cold rough lumps of grainy dry sand.

She headed for the door and looked back one more time at her sleeping lover wishing she could just remain there with her, before disappearing into the illuminated hallway and closing the door behind her.
No one was on the other side of the door so she ventured into the living room. There on the couch sat Amy, The Fair One and The Wise One. Lady Amalthea had apparently returned to her animal form and now sat curled upon The Fair One’s lap and looked up as Tara entered the room. Duma entered the room shortly after Tara, carrying a small coffee table with him. He set it down in front of the couch everyone was sitting on, then took a throw pillow off the armchair and set it on the floor next to the low table. Tara remained standing while she watched Duma unwrap each parcel as he took them out of his pockets. The first object was what Tara presumed to be the magpie egg, off white with light brown specks covering it randomly. He arranged it so it wouldn’t roll, and then brought out the next parcel, a flask of salt water, which he set beside the egg. Next he brought out a small but deep mirror lined basin, this he set next to the other objects. Finally he fished out a small manila envelope from his pants’ pocket and carefully lifted the tab open. He held out his palm and shook out one small green pod, which he then shucked carefully on the table. Out came pouring tiny brown seeds, which made a miniscule heap next to the rest of the objects. Duma then got up and moved to stand behind the couch, and suddenly Tara felt everyone’s eyes on her.

“Find the smallest seed you can” Amy instructed, she seemed almost curious herself as to how this was going to play out.

Tara hesitated, then nodded before approaching the opposite side of the coffee table to everyone else and sitting down on the throw pillow Duma had provided. Meticulously she sorted through the small pile of oddly shaped seeds, selecting the smallest and then comparing them before deciding upon the tiniest one. It was the tiniest seed she had ever seen, more of a speck of brown dust. She felt unsure if this even qualified as a seed, but Amy made no objection as she held it out in her hand to see if she had chosen correctly.

“Open the flask and pour the salt water into the basin” Amy instructed again.

Tara took the top off and carefully poured the saline liquid into the basin, her murky reflection staring back at her from the bottom.

“Crack the egg over the basin and pour its contents in” Amy commanded next.

Tara took the egg in her hand, it was slightly heavy and cold to the touch, and its shell was coarse against her finger tips. With one hand Tara carefully knocked the egg against the edge of the basin 3 times before it made a thorough enough break. With both hands she took opposite sides of the egg and added pressure to the fissure in the middle until it grew wider and longer. Clear syrupy liquid began to ooze slowly, gravity seemed to suspend itself. Finally the egg became two halves and poured its clear and yellow insides into the basin. Tara could no longer see her reflection as the pale yolk hovered on the surface of the salt water.

“Now what?” Tara asked, guessing Amy was going to tell her to add the morning glory seed or perhaps to mix the contents in the basin.

Amy paused and looked at her seriously, “Do you have an Athame?”

Tara hesitated and nodded, wondering why the ritual would require an Athame. Maybe she was opening a circle again? Tara retrieved Willow’s Athame and set it on the table. Amy leaned forward to pick up it, but Duma pushed her back. He moved from behind the couch and sat down adjacent to Tara on the floor. He picked up the Athame himself, shooting Amy a look that clearly showed his distrust in her.

“W-what do we do with the Athame?” Tara asked, uneasily, the cool metal seeming to glare at her.

“You have to make a small “X” right over a vein in your left arm” Amy replied. Her face suddenly became unreadable, as if she was thinking about something.

Duma glared at her. He pointed the Athame at Amy and they made eye contact and he seemed to be warning her against trickery.

“It’s required” Amy simply stated, there was a tone to her voice that let Duma know she was telling the truth.

Duma continued to frown, but lowered the Athame. Tara presented her left arm to Duma, the palm upturned. Duma’s cold hands peeled back Tara’s sleeve to the inside of her elbow, then he put his right hand underneath Tara’s wrist to support her arm. His eyebrows wrinkled and he looked up at Tara, unsure if this was the right thing to do. Tara stared back at him holding her silence and nodded for him to go ahead. Tara swallowed nervously while Duma traced the cool flat part of the blade from the inside of her elbow and down to her wrist, where her veins were more visibly pronounced. She shuddered as a flash of cold ran through her body and radiated down to her outstretched arm making it tremble. Duma practiced in the air above Tara’s arm with the Athame to assure he was doing this correctly, as they couldn’t risk Tara loosing too much blood. Duma took a deep breath and lightly touched the tip of the Athame to Tara’s wrist and quickly zipped it across Tara’s skin. The pain seemed delayed because of the fast incision and at first Tara breathed steadily. Then she clenched her teeth at the painful tingle of her nerves reacting. Blood began to appear where only seconds ago there had been a thin white line between the two pink edges of the rift that had just been made. Duma steadied Tara’s shaking hand with his own as he directed the Athame again to her wrist. This time he did not pause he knew Tara wanted this over quickly. As quickly as he could he zipped another line completing the red “X”.

“Now take the Morning Glory seed that Tara picked, and press it in the center of the “X” until it goes into her." Tara flinched and yanked her hand away.

“W-w-what?!” she yelled. Being voluntarily cut by a blade was bad enough, but having a foreign object being lodged inside of her? Holy shit, no thank you!

“We’re losing time, we must do this, it’s the most essential part” Amy argued.

Tara fought her raging urge to protest further. Shutting her mouth, she angrily relinquished her arm to Duma.

“Do it” she grumbled. She closed her eyes and looked away, gripping the edge of the coffee table with her free hand, and readying herself for the horrid intrusion.

Duma did not agree at all with this ritual, and thought Amy had better be telling the truth.

Duma took the tiny speck of a seed and carefully placed it in the center of the now black red cross. He took a loose but firm grip on Tara’s hand and began to press the seed in with the pad of his thumb. Tara’s eyes flew open in pain, and she struggled to keep her arm extended, to not yank it away like her instincts were urging her to do. The pressure Duma was putting into her skin was bruising and unrelenting. It brought back the horrible memory of her father twisting her wrist and forcing that ring on. She began to struggle against Duma, not wanting anymore of this. It hurt too much.

“Please… Please, it’s in… you can stop now” she whispered under harsh gasps.

Duma gave one final push to ensure that the seed was inside securely and then gently covered Tara’s wound with his palm to stop the bleeding. The Fair One quickly rushed into the kitchen to find something to wrap the wound in, coming back with a roll of gauze and scissors. She hurriedly unrolled the cloth and cut a good length of it. Duma moved his hand away so that The Fair One could wrap the first layer around Tara’s wrist. Blood had already begun to seep through at an alarming rate, so she continued to wrap over and over until the blood stopped creeping through the gauze. She then tied the gauze in a strong knot and lifted Tara’s chin so that the girl could look at her.

“Shhh… it’s almost over, and then you can rest with Willow again”.

Tara nodded weakly and wiped with her right hand at the tears blurring her eyes.

“Mix the stuff in the basin with the Athame and then Tara must soak her wrist in that for a while” Amy instructed. Her eyes were wide at the sight of the scene that had just unfolded.

Duma picked up the slightly stained Athame and swirled the liquid within the bowl with the blade, drawing a ringing noise from the basin, of metal scraping against glass. When the liquid seemed to have merged, The Fair One gently guided Tara’s arm towards the basin. Tara dropped her hand into the basin and relaxed as soon as the liquids touched the wound. They were cool and almost electric feeling. The inside of her arm buzzed joyously as her wound drank in the healing liquid. She could feel the steady thump of her severed veins pulsing as it strengthened and repaired the feeling of pain.

Tara’s eyelids began to get heavy and she could feel the world around her slipping away. She felt the strong and sure arms of her father gather her in his arms. She was being lifted up like a child and carried, her body bobbing slightly up and down every time he took a step. Tara’s eyes were closed but she heard a door creak open.

“Put her on the bed next to Willow”, Tara heard The Fair One whisper.

Duma gently lowered her down the familiar cologne of her father clinging to him. When she was a child her father would always carry her in his arms to bed after her failed attempts at staying up late with him to watch horror movies like the grown ups did. She would always conk out 30 minutes into the movie and he would lower the volume and watch her drift off until he was sure he could move her without waking her up. Then he would carefully gather her limp seven-year old body in his arms and carry her up to her room. Tara had loved her father back then, he was the world to her he was always so patient and caring. Before Tara met Willow she had always been afraid of losing her father that one day he would never come back home to her and she would be alone in the world. Sometimes she even felt she had already lost him even if he was still right beside her, and that maybe his presence now was only just a ghost of him returning to say hello. He had promised one night that he would always be there for her and when Tara heard this she couldn’t help but cry and think to herself in horror no you won’t, what happens when you die? you won’t be there for me…

Tara now clung to her father’s form as he gently lowered her on to the bed next to Willow. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close, salty tears rolled down in single hot drops. Tara shuddered and gasped for air, she couldn’t help it she missed her father and wanted him back.

“Daddy…” Tara whispered giving Duma one final squeeze.

Duma couldn’t help but understand and he felt awful for pretending to be something he was not even though Tara knew he wasn’t her father. He knew he could never fill the shoes of this man that Tara cared so dearly for but he could protect her and return her father to her when the time was right.

Tara regretfully released him and shrunk back down into the bed, the Fair One drew up the warm blankets and covered Tara’s form in them. Tara moved closer to Willow and draped a tired arm over her waist protectively. She breathed gently into the back of Willow’s hair and let sleep overtake her.

Duma and The Fair One left the room of the two sleeping chosen ones, who at that moment seemed more like exhausted sisters sleeping together peacefully, than lovers.

As Tara slipped further into sleep her left arm began to twitch, but Tara did not notice. The vein that had been severed began to pulse wildly and protrude outwards. Something began to tear through the layers of gauze until it broke the surface a slither of green grew upwards out of the gauze and curled itself lovingly around Tara’s thumb

Post subject: Re: Chase the morning (updated: 5/16/12)
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:00 am 

Dibs!

Nightmask...I'm sorry about the lack of feedback:( I think people are reading, but not commenting. It comes and goes in waves. Please, please finish!!!

Anyway, I'm worried about this spell. It seems so extreme and dangerous for Tara. Hopefully Amy is legit, if not she's in a world of hurt. If Willow was unsure of Tara's love for her, I think this should pretty much cast those doubts aside. Hopefully Willow will wake up soon and she can show her appreciation. *wink, wink*

Great chapter! More please!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Woo I've just caught up!!!
I absolutely love the story. The setting is brilliant the gothic punk-yness is great.
I really liked the way Willow got rid of Rack.
you brought in things from the present really well, like Rocky Horror and Nightwish, the detail of Everdream being a spell was good.
The demon curse being real and Willow becoming the latest host is an interesting twist.

Now for the latest chapter.
Mephistopholes, when I saw that name I freaked, though if he's currently on the side of good then I guess it's alright.
I liked the step by detail of the spell being cast, though the plant coming to life I'm not sure about hopefully it's a. Good thing but I'm not convinced The prophecy and the people who've come to help Willow and Tara is extremely exciting so please keep writing. :) I want to see what happens next.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hey

Still reading just got behind because of an injury. The story is great please keep writing. I need a good story to pass the time while I heal. :)

You have readers so keep up the good work.

Alicia

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey!

I've had a crazy couple of weeks with 0400 wake up times and 250+ mile business trips! Sorry for lack of f/b.

There is such a richness of detail; you have a poet's voice capturing their new love - very tender and beautifully written.

Then the magic . . . The Fair One, Amy, Duma there is a tremendous sense of magic of uncertainty, of the air thick with the presence of other-wordly power.

You may be writing this on the fly, but it's AMAZING!!!

Keep going - more fans than you know!

A proud fan! :applause :applause :applause

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Finey_McFine: Thanks for the constant feedback :] As for the spell it's pretty legit I promise :]

Mgraham93: I actually took the name mephistopholes from the Radiohead song Videotape, but I can see why it would freak out at first since it comes from Faust. I'm glad your enjoying the story :]

leesht1: Hey Alicia, I hope your injury gets better :] I'm sorry I took so long I promise to update as much as I can.

Ariel: Oh man I can relate to your crazy weeks, I've been really busy lately too, I'm so happy summer is here though :] Thanks for the feedback :]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next