The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDATED 11/21/10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:31 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
dibs! disb! dibs! My first ever - woo-hoo!!!

So sweet, love how you use clothes to express more about the characters, not to mention that they're hotness is nicely framed!

I love this story, real sweetness - keep on writing!

Ariel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:39 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Damnit, I didn't get dibs on yours! Too cute. I can't wait to see their interaction at lunch. :D I especially liked the moment of description at the door. Tara in shades? Yum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Aww, that was just perfect and so sweet. Tara's tears about had me crying too. When Willow finally realized she had a big star in her apartment, and had her hand on her knee kind of cracked me up. I'm suprised she didn't go into full babble mode, the kind not in her own head this time. Of course, Tara offering to pay her back something was sweet too, since Ralphie means so much to her. I can't wait to see their lunch date, and maybe they can have a little dessert too. ;-)

More soon please.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:17 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww! Another great update! I love the descriptiveness that you're adopting here at the beginning--very realistic and allowing the reader to visualize the surroundings.

I loved Tara's reaction to Ralphie and Miss Kitty--too funny!

I'm interested in finding out what this big decision is that Willow is avoiding and whether or not Tara accepts the offer for lunch...

More soon???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:16 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Aw, both adorable and sweet. I love that Willow was smitten before she realized who Tara was. I can't wait for their lunch date! The kitten/puppy love is adorable as well, their dialogue around the topic was hilariously placed. :D

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I like how this story is progressing ... keep up the writing! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Very cute with Ralphie and Ms Kitty in front of Tara...oh and Willow and Tara too of course.

The whole large, dark sunglasses on Tara amused me to no end along with Willow's recycle t-shirt.

Nice work!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:36 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wowowowowow!
The interaction between the two is perfect!
I love the sound of Willow's apartment aswell :) nice descriptions :D
Can't wait for more :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Too cute!

Perfect dialogue and great characterisations.

I LOVED it.

Great, great job.

Can't wait for more!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well. Very interesting. I 1/2 way suspected that Willow was going to turn out to be one of those people who sort of never got into TV and she wouldn't recognize Tara at all. They seem sort of flirty already, don't you think? I hope so. I guess they're both out although Tara might be sort of closeted to the public. But they both sort or seem to be checking each other out in a gay way. I wonder where they can go for lunch that won't be a paparatzi nightmare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 am 
3. Flaming O

I really like the way the fic is progressing, I cannot wait for the next update! yay for twice a week updates XD. I also really enjoy your writing style :) keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hi Kittens!

Thanks to everyone that is reading my fic. You are all such a wonderful and welcoming community...I really appreciate the feedback! Comment replies are below and the next post will be Chapter 4: Moose Jelly

Ariel:
Quote:
dibs! disb! dibs! My first ever - woo-hoo!!!
Congrats on your first Dibs!!! May you have many more:)
Glad you liked the update. I hope to cause cavities with all the sweetness!

Wolfsbane:
Quote:
Tara in shades? Yum.
Definitely a hot visual! Their lunch date should be all kinds of fun.

Whimpy0729:
Quote:
When Willow finally realized she had a big star in her apartment, and had her hand on her knee kind of cracked me up.
This was actually written from experience. I NEVER recognize anyone. I had a drink with Kid Rock once in an airport bar and had NO CLUE, lol. Glad you're liking the fic...more goodness to come!

Cyteach:
Quote:
I'm interested in finding out what this big decision is that Willow is avoiding and whether or not Tara accepts the offer for lunch...
I think it's safe to say that Tara will accept lunch with Willow:) As for Willow's big decision...her life has been pretty much planned out and now she is having second thoughts. Plus: Enter Tara and things get very confusing!

LonelyTara:
Quote:
I love that Willow was smitten before she realized who Tara was.
Just more proof that they are meant to be together! Glad you're liking the fic so far:)

LittleBit: Thanks! It's got a ways to go!!

Vampyregurl73:
Quote:
The whole large, dark sunglasses on Tara amused me to no end along with Willow's recycle t-shirt.
Thanks...glad you're enjoying the story!! Willow's wacky T's will continue to appear, much to Tara's amusement:)

KioWiego: Thank You!! More goodness to come!

Laragh:
Quote:
I LOVED it.
THANK YOU!! More fun to come!!

JustSkipIt:
Quote:
I guess they're both out although Tara might be sort of closeted to the public. I wonder where they can go for lunch that won't be a paparatzi nightmare.
Their actual level of outness will be explained in the coming chapters. I suspect it could get a little tough for both of them...lot's of obstacles. Being an out A-List celebrity...difficult at best. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Lonelylanding:
Quote:
I cannot wait for the next update! yay for twice a week updates
Me too! lol I was debating on going to 3x/wk updates, but don't know if I could keep up, so 2 it is for now. Thanks for reading!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDATED 11/26/10)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:20 am 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13 to R (Eventually)

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU, Willow and Tara Meet with not so surprising results! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and a little teeny tiny bit of angst, but no Hellmouthyness. Just good old regular day-to-day drama.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hello Kittens! I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. I’ll be posting Chapter 5 on Sunday.

Chapter 4: Moose Jelly

“I can definitely spring for some lunch! Oh, but what about Ralphie? I guess I can take him home first and come back?” Tara pondered, chewing on her bottom lip.

“He can stay here, he’ll be fine. Miss Kitty can keep him company. Besides, he’ll be out of it for awhile, I just dosed him about 20 minutes ago.”

“Oh, ok. So, I’ll drive then?” Tara questioned.

“How about we walk? It’s a beautiful day and there are several good restaurants near here…depending on what you like to eat.”

Willow grabbed her keys and cell phone and they headed out to get some lunch. They walked about a half a block in silence just enjoying the day, when Willow finally spoke up.

“What do you like to eat? I could eat anything and do quite often.”

Tara looked at Willow and raised an eyebrow, making the redheads whole face turn scarlet red. Realizing the implications of her statement, Willow launched into a babble that was worthy of the Guinness Book.

“Oh, no, no, no, not that I eat just anything, I mean with all the food borne illnesses out there a-and some things are just gross. Like fermented salmon heads o-or jellied moose nose. I mean that’s just…unpleasant. Not to mention totally vomit worthy and the poor moose. I mean hey, I bet he never saw that coming! Where is that even served? And how would you present that on a menu? Is it a breakfast item that is served with toast? Do you think it comes in those little packets with the peel away top? What color…” Willow was prepared to continue when she felt Tara’s fingers on her lips.

“Willow, breath before you pass out from a lack of oxygen, I’m not sure I could carry you all the way back to your apartment. Besides, I don’t think we have to worry about jellied moose nose anywhere in Southern California.” Tara imparted, giving Willow a chance to catch her breath.

Willow took in some much needed oxygen and attempted to explain exactly what she meant to say in the first place.

“Well, what I was trying to say is that I’m not your typical California girl. I uh, I eat meat. Even red meat, which I realize is some sort of California code violation or something, but I’m from Texas and it’s pretty much required.” She looked at Tara and gave her a big smile.

“So exactly what are you saying about us born and raised California girls?” Tara said to Willow with mock indignation.

“I…ahh didn’t mean. Um…you. Ah…” The redhead sputtered.

“You are way too easy Willow!” Tara chuckled. “Well anyway, I have a confession…I eat meat too. But please don’t tell anyone because I would hate to have to pay a fine for violating the code,” looking at Willow and winking.

They continued to walking and talking, about nothing in particular, just getting to know each other a little better. After about 15 minutes, they arrived at a small restaurant named The Indigo. Willow explained to Tara that it was one of her favorites and she ate there often. The Indigo had an outside eating area on the sidewalk in front, which Willow suggested they sit, however, Tara insisted on sitting inside. She also requested to the hostess that they not be near any windows. Willow thought it was odd, but decided to go with the flow and they were seated in a booth near the back, away from any windows.

The restaurant was small and inviting. The walls were a rich cerulean blue, with brown trim and wooden floors. It was quaint. The lighting was dimmed a bit and what looked to be original works of art adorned the walls. The best description of the eatery would be eclectic. Tara thought. The waiter came by to deliver their menus and take their drink order. Willow ordered iced tea with extra ice and Tara water with lemon. The menu was diverse and had an array of choices, from salads to meatloaf and everything in between. Willow ordered the shrimp salad with a side of sweet potato fries. Tara chuckled to herself at the redhead’s unusual combination and ordered black bean soup and a garden salad with grilled chicken.

“Shrimp and sweet potato fries?” She said to Willow with a questioning look on her face.

“What can I say? I needed a little Texas in there to balance the California. Do you have something against shrimp?” Smiling at the blonde.

“Actually, I’m allergic. I break out, my throat closes, my face swells…it’s not a pretty sight.” She said as she scrunched up her nose.

“So, what you’re actually allergic to is iodine?”

“Dr. Rosenberg, I presume?” Smiling back.

“Tara, can I ask you a question?”

“S-sure, anything you’d like.” Tara’s nervous stutter was making another appearance.

“Why all avoid-y gal with the sitting outside and near the windows? You’re not allergic to the sun as well are you?” Willow quipped.

Tara laughed and took a sip of her water. “No, no sun allergies. More like feeling a little camera shy today.” She didn’t want anything to ruin her time with Willow or scare her away.

Willow looked at her quizzically and cocked her head to the side. It suddenly dawned on Tara that she was sitting with a ‘normal’ person. Someone that wasn’t constantly looking over their shoulder or trying to be invisible in their private life. Someone that could come and go as they pleased and not have to worry about being stalked by the Paparazzi 24/7. Tara had lived in the ‘Hollywood lifestyle’ for so long, that she had forgotten what it was like being ‘normal.’

“I know this is going to sound utterly ridiculous, because there are certainly worse things in life, but it’s tough sometimes…being a celebrity that is. Sitting out in the open makes me fair game and things can get crazy pretty fast. ”

“What do you mean crazy?”

“Well, all it takes is for one photographer to show up. They get right in my face and don’t stop shooting until I leave. Once people figure out who I am…it can turn into a mob scene. I don’t mean to sound conceded or anything, it’s more me just being safe and attempting to have some semblance of a normal life. I mean, not that I’m abnormal or anything, I just need some kind of personal freedom.”

“Now you’re babbling. I must be contagious.” She smiled sweetly at Tara. “Is that why Ralphie’s chip lists you as K.T. Maclay?”

“Um hmm. It’s actually my legal name, Katherine Tara Maclay.”

“That’s pretty, have you always gone by Tara?”

“Yeah, I was named after my Grandmother, but my Mom always called me Tara. She said I didn’t end up looking like a Katherine or a Katie. So, what about you? Always a Willow?”

“Yep, that’s me. Willow Danielle Rosenberg. A.K.A…Willow.” Grinning at Tara.

“So, tell me about yourself, Willow Danielle Rosenberg. Since you probably already know all about me.” Tara said, somewhat shyly.

“Well, actually I have a confession to make as well. I didn’t recognize you, a-at first that is. I kept thinking, she looks familiar,’ but I couldn’t place you. Until I realized that you were Billboard Girl.”

“Billboard Girl?” This highly amused Tara. It wasn’t often that she went unrecognized and it made her even more intrigued with Willow.

“Yeah, you’re on a billboard that I pass on my way to school everyday. A giant you, for your show I guess. I’m a little embarrassed actually, I don’t watch it on a regular basis. I’m pretty busy with school and all.” Truthfully she’d only seen the show once on an airplane. She didn’t even know what night it came on.

“That’s ok Will. Your secret is safe with me.” Tara felt so comfortable with her new friend that she slipped and inadvertently called her a nickname already.

Willow just sat, grinning like an idiot and staring at Tara who dropped her head, suddenly finding the table very interesting. Neither knew what to say and luckily the waiter arrived with their food and broke the awkward silence. They sat quietly for a few minutes nibbling on the newly arrived food.

“Those fries look great. Can I try one?”

“Sure, have as many as you like. I’ll never finish them all anyway.” Willow slid the plate of sweet potato fries in between the two of them and Tara took a few to sample.

“Wow, those are great!” She said smiling. “So, where are you from in Texas?” Wanting to know more about the cute redheaded sitting across from her.

“Decker Prairie, it’s a small town about 40 miles northwest of Houston. It’s more like someplace you pass through on your way to somewhere else. We don’t even have a Starbucks.”

“Wow, I didn’t know such a place even existed!” They both laughed and chatted more throughout the meal. Willow regaled Tara with tales of growing up on a ranch and the trials and tribulations of being the youngest of five.

“I always wanted a sibling or two. It got awful lonely with just me and Mom sometimes. But on the same token, there were definite benefits in the spoilage department.” Tara said, looking up and smiling at Willow.

“So, does your Mom still spoil you? Now that your all growed up?” Willow asked cheekily. But Tara wasn’t smiling. In fact, the color had drained from her face a bit and her expression had turned sullen. Willow was now in full panic mode, replaying the conversation in her mind trying to figure out what she said that upset the blonde so much. Tara let out a long sigh and finally spoke.

“M-My Mom passed a-away a few years a-ago.” Willow noticed the return of her stutter and mentally kicked herself for causing it.

“Oh Tara, I’m so sorry. I-I didn’t know.” Willow reached across the table and squeezed Tara’s hand, trying to give her some comfort.

“It’s ok Willow, it’s not your fault. S-she had cancer, b-breast cancer. It was diagnosed late and had already spread by the t-time she started chemo…it was everywhere. She only m-made it eight months after her diagnosis.” Tara could feel the tears start to swell in her eyes and the all too familiar lump forming in her throat. But somehow, she managed to push it down.

“You have no other family?” Willow questioned.

“No. Mom was a late baby, an only child. Both of my grandparents were apparently estranged from their families and passed before I was born. My father left us when I was an infant, so I never even knew him.”

Willow’s heart broke for Tara, she could almost feel the pain and loneliness rolling off Tara in waves. It was in that moment that Willow realized something: That even with all of Tara’s success and popularity, she was essentially alone in the world with no family to fall back on. No support system and this concept was completely foreign to Willow. It wasn’t fair, she thought, that such a beautiful soul was feeling so much pain. She looked up and realized that she was still holding Tara’s hand, but had no intention of letting go.

“T-That’s when I got Ralphie.” Tara said and broke the silence. “After Mom died I went to the rescue shelter. He was about six weeks old and the cutest little thing I’d ever seen. He was there for me and really helped me get through the worst time of my life. So you see Willow, that’s why I’m so thankful to you for taking care of him.” They sat quietly gazing into each other’s eyes. Tara gave Willow’s hand a gentle squeeze before releasing it so she could pay the bill.

As they left the restaurant, several people approached Tara. Willow was amazed by Tara’s grace. She greeted each person warmly, chatted with them for a few minutes, listening intently when they spoke, signing autographs and posing for pictures. They finally made it out of the restaurant and began walking back towards Willow’s apartment.

“Sorry about that.”

“About what, Tara?

“The thing with the fans. I didn’t want you to think I was ignoring you or anything. It’s just that I don’t believe in blowing people off.”

“What? No, I didn’t feel ignored at all. In fact, I’m impressed! You were really sweet to them. You don’t see many celebrities doing that.” Willow chuckled to herself.

“What so funny?”

“It’s just that it’s strange thinking of you as a ‘celebrity.’ I mean, I’ve only known you for a few hours and to me your just Tara. It’s hard for me to see you as…Superstar!!” With the last word Willow dropped to one knee, with her arms in the air mimicking her favorite SNL character, Mary Catherine Gallagher, causing Tara to burst out laughing. Willow had such a quirky sense of humor and the blonde was enamored.

“Oh my gosh, you are too funny Willow Rosenberg! I haven’t laughed like that in a very long time, thank you.”

“Well, you are quite welcome Tara Maclay.” Willow’s eyes were sparkling and she was grinning from ear to ear.

They finally made it back to Willow’s apartment and Ralphie was up and ready for a trip to the outdoor potty. Willow frowned, as she knew that her time with Tara was coming to an end.

“Hey, are you OK?” Tara questioned.

“Huh? Oh, yeah fine. Just a little tired I guess and not looking forward to tomorrow. You know…Mondays and all.” She said, rolling her eyes and trying her best to cover her feelings. Tara simply nodded in agreement.

“Well, I guess I’ll just take him potty on the way to my car.” Tara was also disappointed, but she knew they would see each other again soon…she would make sure of it.

“Tara, here is everything you’ll need. I typed up detailed instructions, my cell number is there and my email address as well. Please don’t hesitate to call day or night if you have questions or if you need anything. No matter how minor it may be. Oh, and you’ll need to take him for a check up sometime this week. The stitches are the kind that dissolve, so he won’t need them removed. But the wound will need to be checked for any worsening of the infection. If he loses his appetite or stops drinking, it’s a sign and he’ll need to be seen by a vet immediately.”

“Willow, I know I’ve already said this but, thank you…again, for everything. For Ralphie and for today, you have such a kind heart and I’m just so thankful that I met you.” She reached forward suddenly and enveloped Willow in a hug.

Willow was floored and did not immediately return the gesture. It took her several seconds to realize what was happening before she wrapped her arms tightly around the blonde. Willow thought her heart may just pound right out of her chest. Tara felt so warm and soft and the affect she was having on her senses was overwhelming. Willow felt light, as if she were floating and suddenly became acutely aware of every little sensation. She could feel the warmth of Tara’s breath on her neck and the blonde’s flattened hands against the center of her back. Willow could feel the soft milky skin of Tara’s neck pressed against her cheek and as their bodies melted together, Willow could feel Tara’s breasts firm against her own. All these sensations and feelings were driving her to near insanity.

Tara was a tad surprised by the spontaneity of the hug herself, although she had been the one to initiate it, it wasn’t something she had planned. Tara couldn’t explain it, but she felt inexplicably drawn to Willow. At that moment she felt a primal need to touch Willow, to feel her wholly. As she pulled Willow to her, she felt the redhead stiffen and thought for a brief few seconds that maybe she’d been a bit presumptuous, until she felt Willow wrapping her arms around her and bring their bodies together as one. Tara was lost, she closed her eyes and breathed in Willow’s alluring scent. A combination of strawberries and sunshine, a scent that was uniquely Willow. They stood, hugging for a long moment and Tara swore she could feel Willow nuzzle her neck, bringing a soft smile to her face.

They eventually broke apart and Willow was finally able to compose herself enough to speak.

“Tara, thank you for the kind words and for lunch. I had a really nice time today a-and I was wondering if it’d be ok if I called you later this week? You know, to check up on Ralphie or maybe just to say ‘Hi’?” Willow asked, her voice taking on a bit of a high-pitched tone towards the end.

“I’d like that Willow, very much.” Tara said shyly.

“Great, then I’ll talk to you later. Drive safely.”

“Bye Willow.”

“Bye Tara.”

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon May 30, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:02 am 
4. Extra Flamey

*squeal!*
Awesome!
And detail you went into over the hug, amazing!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh, what a lovely lunch date (?) They got some insight into each other's lives, and Willow can see what a lonely life Tara really has. Nice explanation as to why Ralphie is so important to Tara. Very touching.

Willow doing her "Superstar" impression made me laugh, and picturing her in the Catholic schoolgirl outfit made me laugh even harder.

Glad they both seem to want to see more of each other. I hope that hug leads to more and more.

I can't wait to see what happens next. More soon please.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Damn, I feel like I was a apart of that hug, it was so vivid!!

Now I feel all warm and snuggy :)

I'm very excited to see how this all progresses!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:44 am 

Awwwwwwwwww! That was such a sweet update. Our girls are just soooooo cute 2gether. Love is in the air!!! More please :pray :party

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:05 pm 

Awww pretty much does sum it up. I like that Tara is so kind and not at all snobby (of course) and I love how adorably innocent they are with each other. I look forward to them meeting again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

A great update, yet again! I love the feel of this story and all of the possibilities that it provides :pinky

Quote:
“What do you like to eat? I could eat anything and do quite often.”

This was just too funny! And the ensuing Willow-babble on the moose jelly was perfect :)

can't wait until Sunday for another update!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Wow. I'm really glad I read this. The details you put in are painting the perfect picture in my head of exactly what's going on. It's so cute, but it's real.

Are you SURE you're not a writer? Cause you could have fooled me

"Great, now I can be Nurse Willow! Tara's gonna love this." Willow Rosenburg - Buffy: Chaos Bleeds

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:05 pm 

Hi Kittens!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for reading and for the comments!!

KioWiego: Thanks! Glad that you’re enjoying it. The next chapter we get to meet some of their friends.

Whimpy0729:
Quote:
Oh, what a lovely lunch date (?)
Most definitely their first date…unbeknownst to either of them.
Quote:
Willow doing her "Superstar" impression made me laugh, and picturing her in the Catholic schoolgirl outfit made me laugh even harder.
Willow in a Catholic school girl uniform…definitely drool worthy;)

Glad you are enjoying! More fun to come☺

Laragh:
Quote:
Damn, I feel like I was part of that hug.
Ummmm…don’t we all wish that we were☺
I’m glad you like the fic…thanks for reading!

SMGOVAN:
Quote:
Love is in the air!!!
Now that song from the ‘70’s is repeating in my head, lol So glad that you’re liking the story!!

LonelyTara:
Quote:
I like that Tara is so kind and not at all snobby (of course).
I debated making her a ‘typical Hollywood’ stereotype, but just couldn’t do it to our sweet Tara.

Our girls will most definitely meet again, but first…we must meet the friends!

Cyteach:
Quote:
Willow-babble on the moose jelly was perfect
Thanks! I really appreciate that, I’ve always loved ‘Willow babble.’ It’s one of her most endearing qualities and I want to make sure that I do it justice!

Weaselbee16 :
Quote:
The details you put in are painting the perfect picture in my head of exactly what's going on. It's so cute, but it's real.
I’m glad to hear that! I put a lot of thought into them.

Quote:
Are you SURE you're not a writer? Cause you could have fooled me
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment!! But…no writer here, I’m a photographer actually:)

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDATED 11/28/10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 pm 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: PG13 to R (Eventually)

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU, Willow and Tara Meet with not so surprising results! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and a little teeny tiny bit of angst, but no Hellmouthyness. Just good old regular day-to-day drama.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hello Kittens…I hope everyone had a great weekend:) I had a hard time figuring out where to end this chapter, so I just ended it...sorry!! Look for the next chapter in a few days!

Chapter 5: The Lusty Lecture

Tara was all smiles the next morning, bouncing into the make up room, ready to face the long day ahead.

“Morning Pammie! I brought you a coffee!” Exclaimed the chipper blonde.

“Uh…what the hell’s gotten in to you?” Pam said, in a sarcastic voice.

“Nothing, can’t a girl just be happy?” Tara chirped, with a cheery grin stretching across her face.

“Tara, as your make up artist and friend I say this with all the love in my heart: It’s 5:30 in the fucking morning. No one and I mean NO ONE, should be this happy and energetic.” She stared at Tara, her face a total blank.

“My my, aren’t we a crabby patty today.” Nothing could interrupt Tara’s good mood, not even her cranky friend.

“Humph. Something’s going on with you. So, I hear you found the Ralphmeister?”

“Yep, yesterday. How’d you know?”

“Jason, he told me he was on doggy duty today. Babysitting Ralphie in your dressing room.”

“Hahaha…doogy doody.” Tara giggled.

Pam spun Tara’s chair towards her and placed a hand on each arm rest and leaned in towards Tara. “Ok, out with it. No way this is all from finding that mangy mutt. What’s going on?”

“First of all, he’s not mangy, and second…I’m just in a good mood.” Her voice trailing off as she looked away, not sure how much longer she could keep up the charade. Pam had an innate way of getting Tara to spill her guts. Lucky for her, Pam wasn’t the typical gossip spreading make up artist, at least not where Tara was concerned.

Pamela Passini had been Tara’s personal hair/make up artist and trusted friend for the past five years. They met on a movie set and became fast friends. Pam was a few years older than Tara and had grown up in the business. Her mother was a film director, making Pam’s second home a movie set. Never wanting to be in front of the camera or the pressure of directing, she enjoyed being way, way behind the scenes.

“I’m serious Maclay, spill it! Who is she?”

“What makes you think it’s all about a girl?”

“Because I can read you like a book. Now I want details.” She said in a stern voice. Making it clear that she wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

“I told you there’s no…” Tara started to say but was cut when Pam began to spin Tara’s chair.

Tara let out a squeal and began laughing hysterically. “Ok, ok I’ll talk!!!”

When Tara finally caught her breath and her balance, she began to recount the events of the prior day. Getting the call, going to Willow’s apartment, and lunch. Pam couldn’t help but notice the sparkle in Tara’s eyes when she spoke about Willow.

“So, did you ask her out?”

“What? No! I don’t even know if she’s Gay. Anyway, she’s just a friend.”

“Uh huh. So is she hot?”

“Pam…” Tara chided, rolling her eyes.

“What? It’s a valid question.”

“Actually, she’s beautiful, a-and I’m not just talking about h-her outward appearance either, but she’s definitely a looker.” Tara paused for a moment to collect her thoughts and try to lose the stutter before continuing.

“She’s got shoulder length red hair, the cutest freckles and the most incredible green eyes I’ve ever seen. She’s beautiful, really beautiful and when she gets nervous she launches into the most adorable babble. Plus, she has the quirkiest sense of humor.”

“Hmm…quirky, sounds vaguely familiar. What does she do? Is she in the business?” Pam interjected, smiling inwardly. Only Tara could think babbling was a cute attribute. She couldn’t help but notice that Tara was definitely swooning over her new ‘friend.’

“Nope, that’s the best part. She’s actually a college student in her senior year at UCLA and plans on attending veterinary medical school”

“Woah, way to go Maclay! Bagging a doctor!”

“Shush you! I haven’t bagged anything, she’s just really sweet and someone that I’d like to get to know better. She’s supposed to call me later this week.”

Tara decided she wasn’t going to give away anymore than she already had. A few other people were entering the room and she sure didn’t want them nosing in on her personal business. Pam took the cue and switched gears to small talk with one of her colleagues, leaving Tara to her thoughts. First and foremost were the questions of the day: Was Willow Gay and how could she find out?

Across town, on the UCLA campus, Willow’s mind was on Tara as well. After they had parted ways the night before, Willow had taken to her laptop, searched and read everything she could find on the gorgeous blonde. She read her Wikipedia page, her IMDB page, she Googled, read numerous interviews and checked several gossip sites. She looked through hundreds of photos and watched several episodes of Tara’s show. She even started following Tara on Twitter, impressed to see that the actress had several million followers. One thing was for sure, Willow still had no idea if Tara was Gay or not. In reading the interviews and subsequent articles, she noticed that Tara was a pro at guarding her personal life. Willow could find no hard evidence either way, just a lot of speculation.

As she zoned out of the lecture that was taking place in front of her, she wondered what Tara was doing right at that very moment. Was she filming? Who was she talking to? What was she wearing? All these questions in her mind always came back to one thing…that adorable lopsided smile and those lazy blue eyes. Willow couldn’t help but think about what it would be like to kiss Tara’s full and luscious lips, to hold Tara and explore her gorgeous, curvaceous naked body. She imagined herself on top of the blonde kissing a trail along her exquisite neck and nipping at those wonderfully adorable earlobes. All the while skillfully manipulating her nether regions with her free hand.

Realizing that her breathing was a bit labored and feeling her face flush, Willow decided to try and keep her lusty thoughts at bay. She had momentarily forgotten that she was sitting in a classroom with about seventy-five of her closest friends. She looked up to make sure that no one noticed and she tried to focus on the rest of the lecture.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work and she was now having a mental argument with herself on when she should call Tara. She had said ‘later this week,’ but when exactly was later? Today? Tomorrow? Friday? She didn’t want to appear pushy or stalkerish, but she desperately wanted to hear that angelic voice again, and the sooner the better.

Willow somehow managed to get through her academic day without coming completely unraveled thinking about Tara. She was now on the field warming up before infield drills with her team. As she sat and stretched, she chatted idly with one of her teammates. Another girl, sitting close by, seemed overtly interested in everything Willow was saying. She wasn’t really contributing much to the conversation, but seem to hang on Willow’s every word. That is, until one of the coaches called her away. Willow hardly noticed and continued stretching.

“She likes you, you know.” Said one of the girls.

“What? Who?”

“Sarah.”

“Well I am the team captain!” Willow said proudly.

“No dummy, I mean likes you, likes you. As in…do I have to spell it out?”

“No she doesn’t. I’ve hardly said two words to her and it’s all been softball related. Morgan, where do you get your information anyway?” Willow was starting to get irritated with her friend. The last thing she needed or wanted was locker room gossip.

“Where do you get your clueless-ness from?” Morgan said, as she rolled her eyes at Willow.

“Well, it doesn’t matter anyway.”

“Why not? You have someone better chasing after you?” Morgan teased.

Willow suddenly went mute and took an avid interest in her feet.

“OH MY GOD! You met someone!” Morgan shouted, spinning towards Willow.

“Ssshhhh! That’s all I need is the rumor mill to start churning.” She said in a hushed tone.

“But you did meet someone, didn’t you?”

“You’re not letting this go are you?”

“Nope. So…?”

“Yes, no, maybe…I don’t know.” Willow said, with the slight hint of a smile.

“I knew it! Who is she? Do I know her? Is she hot?”

“I’m not telling you. You don’t know her, though you probably know who she is and yes. Incredibly beautiful actually.” Willow punctuated the last sentence with a grin and was starting to feel her face grow hot and flushed as images of Tara flashed through her mind.

“So, have you slept with her yet?”

“MORGAN!” Willow hissed. “No and is your mind always in the gutter?”

“Will, honey, we roomed together and you’re one of my best friends. Do I really have to answer that question or was it rhetorical?”

Willow rolled her eyes at her friend and let out a small laugh. “Morgan, I’ll say one thing…you never disappoint. C’mon, let’s go warm up” She grabbed her glove and stood. Offering her free hand to her friend, pulling her up from the ground.

“You’re not going to tell me anything else are you?” Giving Willow her best pouty face.

“Nope.”

“Awww…Will please? Throw me a bone here. This is SO not fair!”

Willow simply smiled, pulled on her blue and gold Oakley sunglasses and jogged on to the field.

Almost two days had passed and Tara had yet to hear from Willow. Things had been hectic, between work and caring for Ralphie, she’d hardly had time to breath. It was Tuesday afternoon and she was heading home a little early. She hadn’t been needed on set that afternoon so she decided to call it a day.

After getting Ralphie situated, she settled on the couch with her laptop and decided to do a little research on her new redheaded friend. Knowing that Willow was just a college student, she figured there wouldn’t be much. She had really just hoped to find her Facebook page. She opened her browser, pulled up Google and typed in ‘Willow Rosenberg.’ The page loaded and her eyes nearly popped out of her head.

Tara was clearly astounded by her discovery. Not only was there a full page in front of her, but there were several additional pages behind the first. She started at Wikipedia and continued from there. She learned all about Willow’s softball career and the numerous awards and accolades she had received. Tara read through Willow’s stats, having no idea if they were good or not, but assuming they were. She grinned widely when she read that Willow had been part of Team USA and an Olympic Gold Medalist. Tara hadn’t realized it at the time, but Willow was somewhat of a celebrity in her own right.

She sifted through hundreds of images of the redhead playing ball, some even dating back to grade school. [i/] She found her on Twitter and when she saw that Willow was one of her followers, she decided to return the favor and follow Willow as well. Noticing that the redhead had a couple thousand followers, she began sifting through previous Tweets, which were mostly softball related, and then glanced through some of Willow’s Twit Pics. She debated on direct messaging her, but in the end decided against it. [i] She eventually made her way to Willow’s Facebook page, but it was locked down.

Where Tara’s personal life had been fodder for the tabloids, there was nothing personal written at all about Willow. It was all sports focused, with the exception of one article that detailed her Texas upbringing and showed a family portrait.

After two hours reading through Willow related articles and interviews, the only thing new Tara had learned was that Willow was Jewish, was her high school class valedictorian, and took some grief for choosing an out of state college. Tara was frustrated. She closed her laptop, set it on the coffee table, and laid down on the couch clutching her phone to her chest hoping that Willow would call.

Tuesday night practice ran late and Willow was exhausted by the time she made it home. Luckily, she had no early classes the next morning and figured she could catch up her schoolwork then. She had been distracted all day planning her phone call to Tara. A day that seemed to drag on forever, compounded with a torturously long practice. She ate a sandwich and then jumped in the shower. She was a bundle of nerves and desperately needed to relax before making the call. Willow sat down on her bed dressed in a white tank and a pair of plaid boxer shorts; she picked up her phone and nervously dialed Tara’s number.

Several hours had passed and Tara was still on the couch clutching her phone. No sooner than she had completed the thought, than her phone rang.

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Mon May 30, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (11/28/10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:30 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

DIBS! Yes, first time on this fic!

Quote:
“Tara, as your make up artist and friend I say this with all the love in my heart: It’s 5:30 in the fucking morning. No one and I mean NO ONE, should be this happy and energetic.” She stared at Tara, her face a total blank

I agree with you, Pammy. That's unholy.

Quote:
She read her Wikipedia page, her IMDB page, she Googled, read numerous interviews and checked several gossip sites. She looked through hundreds of photos and watched several episodes of Tara’s show. She even started following Tara on Twitter, impressed to see that the actress had several million followers. One thing was for sure, Willow still had no idea if Tara was Gay or not. In reading the interviews and subsequent articles, she noticed that Tara was a pro at guarding her personal life.

Oh, internet stalking. How wonderful a medium of knowledge aquisition you are.

It better be Willow on the phone!! :D :D

I really, really enjoyed that chapter!!

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh what a tease you just had to end it there didn't you! Aw poor Tara waited so long for the phone call. I can't wait for them to get the gay question out of the way. It will be interesting to see how that converstation pans out lol. looking forward to some WT action coming up soon hopefully. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:39 pm 

I'm really pleased that Willow has a high degree of notoriety in her own right, so that Tara won't feel so self-conscious about being famous. And of course, both our girls are so sweet and modest. I love to see the two of them mooning over each other from afar, but I'll admit I can't wait till they're back together again! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
This was fun - a "getting to know you" done surreptitiously.

You've even kind of put them on even footing as far as some sort of celebrity.

I thought Tara being overly perky and Willow oblivious was entertaining.

Looking forward to more.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:13 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Super cute chapter! Wow, Willow's pretty badass. What position does she play? Knowing our Willster, she's a pitcher ;-)

Thanks for cheering up my evening!

Me: In the dictionary, next to BAMF, there's a picture of Tara Maclay.

Kristin from E!, on Sara Ramirez's voice: It's like butter dipped in magic!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:46 pm 

Okay, First let me get my Beavis and Butthead flashback out of my head...huh,huh,huh...you said doggy doddy. Next let me say that you are a big ole dirty Tease!!!!! Great update.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:18 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Tease! Evil! But I'll forgive you, because the next updates will be amazing.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:29 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

you have my attention. I'm liking the more original roles for AU Willow and Tara. :pride

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next