The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 5/30/12)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:10 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hi Shel. As always, glad to see you back. Don't worry about the delay, we all know how RL can be.

This was all so great. Tara proudly taking pics of Willow and her awards, and then going out with her friends, it just shows once again how well she fits in with the group and is down to earth. And can I just say, "Hubba" and add another "Hubba" at Tara taking charge of the Morgan situation. That was excellent. Stupid Morgan kind of messed it up, but I just know Willow was thinking about getting Tara home for some seriously hot sex. I know I would've been. :drool

The whole moving in thing -- yes, it's fast, but they both know they're in love and want to be with each other all the time without a doubt. I loved Tara's speech about knowing Willow is the one, and I'm glad they talked about it again when they got home. It is a big deal, and can be scary no matter how much you're in love, but doing it a bit at a time sounds like a good plan to me for them. Sounds like Tara will need to make a special place just for all of Willow's trophies.

Oh yeah, been watching the Super Regionals and now the World Series, and it always makes me think of this. Man, there have been some great games.

Can't wait to see what happens next with our girls, whenever you get a break from that pesky RL crap.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
I was having one of those days where nothing goes well and everything is really crappy. But then I saw the email that there was a new chapter of Racing the Rain, and who can be unhappy when they have that to look forward to. And, unsurprisingly, I was not disappointed. I truly truly loved this chapter. I totally get the honeymoon period thing, I honestly didn't realize they had only been together for six weeks. Jeez, even in stories I have a terrible sense of time (someone told me Bin Laden was killed over a year ago and I thought it was like, a few months ago...oy).

To the chapter response! As much as I know Willow isn't large with the butch, I really wanted her to just turn around and punch Morgan in the face. Ironic, her calling Willow the back stabbing bitch. But the Morgan-y bits were moth than made up for with the sweet back and forth of the best couple ever. The way you write Willow and Tara's conversations makes me love love. Some authors can easily overdo it by inserting too many cliches and making everything sound too mushy. You manage to find the perfect balance of mush and sincerity that makes their conversations incredibly realistic. I can't wait for the moving in process to start, it should be quite the ordeal. I'm amazed that Willow manages to balance Tara, exams, sports, friends, and family so well but if anyone could do it it would be Willow.

I am in awe of how well you've maintained this story. You haven't lost momentum once and, as always, you leave me craving more. I can't wait for your next update!!! Oh, also I don't think I ever got around to mentioning how much I love the title. The metaphor is absolutely beautiful. I remember when I first got it (lots and lots of chapters ago) I was like "Holy crap, that's amazing!" Why does good fanfiction always make me talk to myself? As far as I'm concerned this story could physically not be more enjoyable, but somehow I'm sure you'll find a way to prove me wrong :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Shel - Very enjoyable chapter. I'm so glad I called the going out after. Tara is really talented at being comfortable with people and with her environment/fans. I'm seriously impressed. She has amazing poise for a ?23? year old with no family. I don't know why I say that but I guess you learn a lot of that stuff from your intimate relationships and she hasn't had much of that. I think that she appreciates people for exactly who they are. Her passioned asking Willow to move in with her was quite sweet. In today I think it's sort of like... will you marry me but not really because... no marriage and all that. But very sweet. I also like the twist of Willow realizing what it means and how different they are after a while. And Tara handled that great of course.

Re: Morgan. I didn't really have a major issue with her on this one. Sure, she's an asshole but in this case she seemed to be sort of generic drunk asshole rather than "I can fuck with you" asshole. I mean... if she's the shortstop, she can field and toss slower so Willow is more likely to get creamed by the runner moving to 2nd but I can't remember if she is. If she's the left fielder or something, then she can't really do much to physically hurt Willow. So she's pathetic and sad and loves Willow which we can all understand. It's just that at some point she needs to give it up. She's pretty lucky to have friends that will drag her home and let her barf on their lawns or whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:24 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Really big yay for Tara asking Willow to move in with her and explaining that it can be done bit by bit to really make Tara's home Tara's & Willow's home... I really liked how Tara handled the bitch situation, I guess that if Tara would have been more drunk the situation might have taken a more nasty turn. I fear that Morgan will somehow use the bar "incident" to cause problems to Willow and especially to Tara... Can't wait for their trip to New York...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:30 pm 
8. Vixen

Shelby,

What a great chapter, actually the last two have been awesome.

In both, you show Tara's poise in handling Morgan's childish and petty behavior. Willow wants to protect her, but Tara show's she can more than protect herself while not sinking to Morgan's level. At this point you've made Morgan so unsympathetic that you can only feel she's gotten off lightly.

Then a big moment - "move in with me". It is inevitable that this happens - this is one of the things we have all been waiting for! But Willow's concerns are valid, she is growing up by moving in, it is a major milestone in her life and their relationship. Taking a step back and looking at the situation is smart, she's making sure that they're not doing something they'll both regret (which we know they aren't, but anyway) - that is an adult thing to do - go Willow.

Of course, since we all know where we are, it still is just a matter of time and your imagination as to how long that wait it. :)

As always, I'm looking forward to more. ;)

- H.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Shelby!

First off, “Swamp Things” - :lol :lmao :rofl – that title rocks!

Quote:
Willow’s head felt light and tingly as she stared deeply into Tara’s cobalt blue eyes. She reached out, tracing her fingertips down Tara’s cheek and leaning in again for another soft kiss. “I love you too,” Willow breathed, “More and more everyday. When we’re together I feel complete and we don’t even have to be touching or doing anything...just being in the same room. I’ve never wanted to be with some one as much as you. You’re my best friend Tara and God, I just..I love you so much.”

Willow was babbling incoherently and Tara’s heart was pounding as the words of devotion sent shivers down her spine and for a brief second, Tara saw their life flash before her eyes. She saw a home and a family; all of her long forgotten childhood fantasies suddenly springing to life. She looked into Willow’s sparkling green eyes and saw what she knew was true, she saw a future, their future.
I love the details . . the picture of Willow tracing her fingertips down Tara’s cheek. Willow’s description of love, then Tara’s. So very touching . . . you write big dramatic things well, but so often it’s the little moments that catch at my heart and make me love this story so much.

Ah Morgan . . . seeing Tara law down the law to that little bitch was lovely. And Tara getting “large with the butch” was great, too! Great canon reference! :bounce :pinky :eatme :party And MORGAN is a threat. Team dynamics are delicate, if she even persuades one person that Willow is bad then the team can suffer. Also just the tension between her and Willow can have a negative impact . . . I’m not saying Willow isn’t strong enough to deal with her, but Morgan can pose a threat and Willow is wise to think about it.

Back at Tara's, Willow’s sudden perception of herself as a grown-up while not remotely feeling like one is so true-to-life; solidly real and touching. Seeing it, we can share how truly young Willow is in some ways.

Then this:
Quote:
Willow reached out and caressed the soft skin of her girlfriend’s cheek. “Tara, baby, I do want to move in with you. More than anything, but I look around your house and you have everything the way you want it and here I come, bee-bopping in and turn it all upside down. Plus, it’s...it’s all very ‘grown-up’ and I just...I feel like this kid or something. I dunno, I’m not explaining this very well. I...I guess, I just don’t know where I fit is all.”

Somehow Tara managed to hold back the tears stinging the corners of her eyes and swallow the lump in her throat. Willow was so sweet and adorable, that she could hardly contain the urge to wrap her arms around the girl and never let go.

Tara reached for the hand on her cheek and pulled it down to her chest, laying it on her heart. “You fit right here,” She whispered, seeing Willow’s teary green eyes glistening in the moonlight. “Sweetie, you don’t have to pack up the U-Haul tomorrow. There’s no rush, I’m not going anywhere and I want you to be ready.”
Again, so touching so real and I love that they’re talking, sharing their feelings with each other. Deeply moved that Tara puts her own feelings aside, knowing instinctively that no-pressure is the only right move to make. Then the cute reference to the old U-Haul joke . . . sweet.

*happy sigh* Another GREAT update!

Thanks, Shelby!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:51 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Shelby,

Just back from your little corner of the world. My Texas trip was a real hoot, couldn't help but think of your story as I gazed out on the vast country landscape. Anyway, on to feedback. One of the things I love about your Tara is how in control she is of her emotions and reactions to situations. I agree with Deb, it's surprising that there isn't somekind of role model for her for that behavior, even if not her mother. Maybe another star she looks up to and models herself after. She just so sure of herself that it's hard to picture that happening without some influence. In any case, it is an admirable characteristic that I can look up to. :)

I also had a good laugh at this update and you'll see why in my next post. I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later. Just wasn't sure if it would be Jess or you. You, however, win the door prize.

I'm very much looking forward to the girls trip to New York. I hope Tara's workload on the trip doesn't overwhelm Willow. I'm sure it's gonig to be a wild ride.

Great update. Looking forward to more when you have the time. Take care.

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Willow frowned a bit, “But I like drunk Tara. She’s all giddy and hands-y; you’re a very lovable drunk.”

This really made me chuckle, drunk Tara is a lot of fun. I actually read a story on another site where the Scoobies go camping and Faith inadvertantly gets Tara drunk and she's a lot of fun there too.

“So, The Swamp?” Tara asked curiously as she inched through the thick Saturday night traffic on Wilshire Blvd.

Willow giggled, “It’s not as bad as it sounds. It’s a small college bar near campus we like to hang out in. It’s not gay, but it’s gay friendly, no smoking and quieter than most places. They have a jukebox, a small dance floor, pool tables, darts and lot’s of beer. Your typical college setting.”

It sounds a lot quieter than the uni bar from when I went to college. They had a massive tv and there was nearly always a football match on.

“I am, but I may have one drink. We’ll be here a couple hours, right?”

Isn't that kinda tempting fate? Tara drinking at a bar even if she only has an alcopop. If someone tips off the paparazzi that she's there and she's driving too, it could be bad for her career.

Willow opened her mouth to speak, but was cut short by her girlfriend. “Move in with me,” Tara exclaimed suddenly.
“I love you Willow, more than I thought I could ever love another living soul and I know, without a doubt, that...that you’re the one. You’re the first person I want to see when I wake up in the morning and the last person I want to see before at night."

YAY :applause Tara wants Willow to live with her and Willow said yes, YAY :applause

Of course there's also the fact that at the Rosenberg Ranch during ThanksGiving Willow said she wasn't planning on returning to LA after the current part of her course finishes so will Tara follow her?

I really liked the atmosphere of 'The Swamp'. Sounds very laid back and relaxed.

Judging from the actions of mega super bitchzilla Morgan, she isn't going to make it to Willow's shortlist for the college softball team. No matter how good she is at the sport neither Willow, the coach or the college principal would want someone on the team who would just be there to cause trouble.

Willow grimaced as Morgan squeezed and before she had time to do or say anything, Tara’s hand was tightly gripping Morgan’s wrist. “Let go of her, now.” She said with resolve and a shocked Morgan slowly released the redhead’s arm. “I don’t care how drunk you are, if you ever lay a hand on Willow again, you are going to regret it. Do you understand me?”

Oh yeah, go kick ass Tara. We should have had an action figure of her in this mode. A 'large with the butch' Tara, maybe wielding a big sword

Of course this also means that Morgan could go to a paper, sorry scandal rag, like National Enquirer and cause major trouble for our heroines.

I do love the way at the end that they talk about Willow actually moving in with Tara and how Willow doesn't really feel like an adult and unsure as to where she fits in even though she is in an adult relationship.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey Shelby!

So you brought me back a couple years with your bar. I swear we had the same exact one at my college and thoroughly enjoyed it on a weekly basis. (I think that makes me a lush now that I say that. :jaw ) But anyway, it was a lot of fun. They both seemed to have a great time and fit in so well there. Well at least until Morgan rained on the party. But I agree with Deb here. Morgan didn't really piss me off. She just seemed like that annoying drunk girl who know one really wants to be around.

The drive/parking lot prior to said bar was adorable though. Very sweet and I had an aww moment when I read it. I'm glad they took the next step. Then of course you throw that curve ball at the end and get the queens of misunderstandings going. Lol. They're ready I think to move in together. That will be an adventure all on its own. I'm really looking forward to whatever it is you have planned next.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see that Willow's friends have her back regarding Morgan; they were there ready to step in and help her get home safely. Happy that Willow and Tara will be moving in together. Looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:25 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Tara's closet and pool...

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Oh my god that is exactly exactly how i pictured Tara's closet! except for some reason in my brain it had gray carpeting. But still, well done with descriptions. Also, excellent pool. What are the pictures from?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 am 
9. Gay Now

That's a pretty decent sized closet... I really love the pool...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 pm 

J.J.,

I found it when I was randomly pinning stuff on Pinterest. I couldn't believe it!!! It was EXACTLY how I pictured it as well, but yeah, I also pictured carpet, lol. The pool and backyard is what I envisioned, but not the house. Tara's is a one story with the awesome basement:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 am 
8. Vixen

That's where Tara lives???? Stuff Willow I wanna marry Tara Please pretty please :tara :luv

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:07 am 

AstronSoul:
The Swamp is sorta modled after my fav college bar from many moons ago. Ahhh, the memories:)

The move in might be fast in their world, but for us it’s taken over a year...so it’s all good. :p I think the transition will be a smooth one and Willow just may end up keeping the apt, just like Tara kept her dorm room.

Morgan...she’ll be around for awhile.

Thanks for the feedback!

fhiwda:
Tara might have superstar tendencies, but she is definitely down to earth and easy to get along with. She could have pulled a diva move and refused, but not our girl. :blush

I think anytime you take that step, it’s difficult no matter how much you want to be with that person, especially when you’re the one moving in. If they chose the place together and moved in at the same time, the situation would be completely different. We’ll just have to wait and see how they deal with it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Babbles4Twillow:
Glad you enjoyed the update! Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere, it’s just gonna take a little longer for updates while I continue to be insanely busy!

You’re right, Morgan is a bitch, but there is not much they can do about it. Willow is going to have to learn how to deal with her, because soon they will be spending a lot of time together.

NY is coming, it’s still a chapter or two away, but I promise much fun!

Thanks for the feedback!!

wimpy0729:
Tara is pretty awesome and very down to earth. I also think that after what happened in Texas, she’s not going to allow anyone to even come close to hurting Willow, mentally or physically.

I remember how I felt when I moved in with my wife and it was stressful. I wasn’t sure where I should put my things, exactly where things went, etc. but after awhile you both adjust and it’s just normal. I think if they found a place and moved into it, things would be totally different, ya know?

Thanks for the feedback!

RoyoNobus:
I’m glad I could brighten your day! :grin Yeah, in our world it’s been almost two years, but there’s...only six weeks. So yeah, maybe a little fast, but when you know, you know.

No way Willow is going to punch Morgan, as much as we’d all like to see it, it would be very unsportsman like of her to do so. I doubt she’s willing to sacrifice team captain her senior year because of a bitchy little drama queen, but Tara on the other hand...all bets are off! lol

Thanks so much fot the positive comments. :blush I’m a fan of the mush, but I too do not like it over done. In reality it’s impossible for two people to keep up a high level of mush...it comes and goes.

I’m glad you think I haven’t lost momentum because sometimes I feel like I have, so I really appreciate that feedback. Yay for title liking! I wrote like, a dozen chapters before I finally found a proper title. You would not believe the other stuff I came up with, lol. :p

Thanks for the feedback!!!

JustSkipIt:
Tara is very mature for her age, but she has been working steady in the adult world since she was ten. I think she kinda just figured things out as she went, but we will get a little more insight into a younger Tara soonish. Which will explain a lot more.

I get what you’re saying with the “will you marry me” bit, but I think for lesbians it’s more along the lines of, “hey let’s move in together.” Willow said yes, but then realized the process might not be as easy as she thought, no matter how much in love she is. I think the moving slowly, will help quell her fears.

Morgan is the first baseman, so she can mess with Willow quite a bit, but it will also be negative for her as well. So, I’m not really sure how she’ll handle herself on the field. I think she was trying to restrain herself, but let her emotions and alcohol just take over. Willow was right to try and ignore her, because I think she knew that Morgan would not have done any of that sober. She won’t see Willow until after the break, so maybe she’ll come to her senses.

Thanks for the feedback!!

zampsa19752001:
Hopefully Morgan was too drunk to really cause anymore problems for the girls. I doubt she’ll do anything else since they are all coming up on a month long break anyway. If she were to go to the media, what could she say? There was about ten witnesses that would state otherwise. But with that bitch, one never knows! :p

Thanks for the feedback!

vampyregurl73:
Thanks!! I’m glad you enjoyed them!!

Luckily, Tara is mature beyond her years and knows how to handle herself...even in awkward situations. I’m sure this isn’t the first time she’s had to deal with a psychopathic super bitch. :p

Willow is growing up, whether she likes it or not. I think that, even though Willow has been pretty much on her own since starting college, she still suffers from “youngest child syndrome.” She’s always been ‘the baby’ and now she’s faced with the reality of not having college as a security blanket anymore. It’s tough on everyone that age.

Moving on...hope you enjoy the next chapter. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Ariel:
Ha! Glad you liked the title! I did too... :p

I wanted Tara to ask Willow spontaneously, but not. We didn’t know she was thinking about it, but we find out that she’s been contemplating it for awhile, just the asking was a surprise. It wasn’t some big dramatic presentation, just the normal course of their relationship.

HA! Glad you caught the canon reference, there were actually two. ;-)

Morgan I feel is a minor threat, I don’t think the coaches will allow her to disrupt team morale and if she does, they’ll deal with her accordingly. Willow and company have also been dealing with Morgan’s antics for years, so they probably think this is just a minor glitch...hopefully.

Willow is the youngest child in her family and has always been the baby. I think she wants to be mature, but is not quite sure how to get there. That’s a tough age for everyone. Lucky for us and Willow, Tara is mature beyond her years and is able to handle the situation. She knows that if she pushes Willow to fast, she risks losing her. She has to keep that delicate balance.

Thanks for the feedback!

True_Love:
Glad you enyoyed you trip to good ole Texas! We just got back from a trip to San Antonio...it was a blast!

Anyway...Tara has to be in control. It’s a virtual requirement for someone in her position, because if she wasn’t, all hell would break lose. (Lindsay Lohan ring a bell, lol) Maybe she has had some kind of influence. We don’t know all that much about her past, hopefully she’ll clue us in soon!

Yay, I won!! First on the move it!! :banana

NY is coming, but it won’t be for another few chapters.

Thanks for the feedback!

Willowtaralover:
Well, for the sake of the fic, it’s quieter than the normal college bar. ;-)

No worries, I’m not going all Lindsay Lohan DUI on our girls.

Unfortunately, Morgan is already a permanent fixture on the team. She hasn’t actually shown the coaches her true colors. Maybe she’ll slip up and get booted?

Thanks for the feedback!

beautiful_love:
Hi Jess!

I think EVERY college in America has one of these bars, lol. I agree, although Morgan by no means is a lovable drunk, she was just: annoying drunk girl. I used to have a couple guy friends that always ended up this way every single time we went out. I sure they broke that habit!

I think they are ready as well and hopefully Willow can work through the stuff in her head and get more confortable with the situation.

Thanks for the feedback!

love_2003:
Yep, I think the friends are pretty used to having Willow’s back and taking care of the drunk girl, lol. I would imagine this is not the first time something like this has happened.

Thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER DIRECTLY BELOW

Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 7/04/12)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 am 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: R

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! This includes: Willow’s siblings and teammates, plus Tara’s friends and co-workers. Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and some angst, but no Hellmouthyness; just good old regular day-to-day drama. Willow is attending college on an athletic scholarship and Tara is Hollywood royalty. They meet and fall in love, of course, but will they be able to survive the pitfalls of a public romance? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out! ;-)

<Thoughts are in italics>

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone! Happy 4th of July!! :balloons Today is my favorite holiday so I thought I would celebrate by giving back in the form of an update...enjoy!

Chapter 63: Humble Beginnings

Willow closed the thick text book, dropped her head to the cover with a dull thud and moaned, “I think my eyes are permantly crossed.”

Perched in a large comfy chair, Tara peered over the top of the script she was busy memorizing; amused by her girlfriend’s dramatic declaration. Several hours earlier, Willow had staked her claim to the kitchen table and quickly covered the entire surface with study materials, as well as her laptop and several snacks. Tara tried to help and spent part of the time quizzing the redhead on various parts of mammal anatomy, but had since retired to the family room to do her own studying.

“C’mere baby,” She said sweetly when she noticed Willow rubbing the back of her neck and grimacing.

Willow happily complied and found a place on the floor between Tara’s knees. “Mmhmm, that feels good,” She moaned as Tara’s skillful fingers massaged her sore neck.

“You’ve been at it for hours Will and your neck is all stiff.”

“Yes, but Tara-hands make all things better.”

Tara smiled, leaning forward and kissing the top of Willow’s head as she continued to knead and rub away the tightness. “How about we get out of here for awhile?”

“What do you have in mind?”

“Coffee?” Tara replied.

“Mmmm, that sounds perfect!” Willow exclaimed as she rose on her knees to face Tara. Giving the blonde a kiss and pulling back quickly; only to be stopped dead by two strong hands latched on her wrists.

“Hey, not so fast. I need a proper kiss first.”

Willow smirked, rubbing the tops of Tara’s bare thighs and once again leaning forward; this time pressing her lips tightly to Tara’s.

The blonde moaned sensually as she settled into the kiss and wove her fingers through Willow’s silky red locks.

“That’s more like it,” Tara muttered into Willow’s lips as their kiss ended.

Willow smiled sappily, “I don’t know what I was thinking before,” She said as she kissed Tara again.

“You were thinking about a mocha and a yummy pastry.”

Willow laughed as she stood; offereing out-stretched hands to her girlfriend. She pulled Tara out of the chair and into her body, wrapping her in a tight hug.

“Mhmmm, love you...” Tara whispered.

Willow responded by squeezing Tara tighter, “Love you too.”

Thirty minutes later the girls were sitting at a table on the sidewalk of their favorite coffee shop in West Hollywood, soaking up the sun and trying to avoid eye contact with the pesky Papparazzi.

“Do you think that’s a universal uniform?” Willow asked, peering at her girlfriend through her favorite pair of Oakleys.

“Hmmm?” Tara hadn’t a clue what Willow was asking about.

“That guy, over there on the corner, he’s a-”

“House painter,” Tara said, completing Willow’s sentence.

“Yeah!” Willow said, smiling widely, “I don’t even have to ask what he does for a living; white tee-shirt, white cargo pants, equals house painter. I mean, it’s universal, anywhere you go in the world...same uniform. But it’s not really a uniform persay and I don’t think it’s in writing anywhere that they have to wear it. Is it?”

Tara chuckled at the adorable Willowbabble, “I don’t think so, but I always wondered, why white? Why not a gray tee-shirt and jeans or something?”

Willow pondered Tara’s question, it was probably meant to be rehtorical, but it intrigued her at the same time. She cocked her head and eyed the painter a little closer.

“What?” Tara asked.

“Well, look at him, he doesn’t look messy at all. Even though I’m sure there’s paint stains. I bet it’s because they mostly use white and it doesn’t show as much.”

Tara released her patened Willow only half smile and continued to stare affectionately.

Now it was Willow’s turn to question Tara’s look, “What?”

“I love the way your mind works. That was all just so...random and yet you approached it logically. I um, I never thought of it that way. It just never occured to me but, in like twenty seconds, you thought it through and came up with a logical response. How...how do you do that?” Tara asked in awe of her girlfriend.

Willow shrugged her shoulders, slightly embarassed, “I dunno,” She responded shyly. “Is that a bad thing?”

“Oh, no baby. Actually, I think it’s um...it’s incredibly sexy.”

Willow raised her eye brows above the rim of her glasses and began to laugh, “Tara Maclay, if you find that sexy...” Willow trailed off as she continued to giggle.

“Hey! Aren’t you the one that said me wearing glasses was, ‘the sexiest thing ever?’” Tara countered, emphasizing the last part with her best air quotations.

“Ohhhh, Tara using air quotes...sexy!” Willow teased, poking her tongue between her teeth.

Tara snorted and lightly nudged Willow’s arm. “Hey, what does your week look like?” She asked, changing the subject.

Willow thought for a moment. “Hmm, let’s see...I have one final Monday, two on Tuesday, a class Wednesday, nothing Thursday or Friday and a final the following Monday and then I am officially done. Why?”

“So, nothing Thursday then?”

“Nope, why? Don’t you have to work?”

“Umm hmm, but it’s my last day filming before the break and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come with me?”

Willow’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and she practically jumped out of her seat. “Really?!”

“Yes Milo Jr., really,” Tara joked.

“Sorry, I’ve just never been to a TV studio before, well except for news interviews after the Olympics, but never for a show with real actors and I get to see where you go everyday and meet your friends and-”

Tara gave Willow’s forearm a friendly squeeze, “Take a breath sweetie, before you pass out.” Willow complied, taking a deep breath and grinning madly. “Riiiight...no more coffee for you. Two was plenty.” Tara joked again as Willow dramatically exhaled.

“Excuse me...um...hi,” A small voice came from Tara’s direction.

Willow and Tara had been so wrapped up in their conversation, that they didn’t notice the young girl standing awkwardly next to Tara. She was dressed in dark jeans, a gray hoodie and nervously shuffling from foot to foot. Another girl stood about a foot behind her, dressed in similar clothing; neither girl could have been more than fifteen years old.

“Hello,” Willow replied, seeing the girls first over Tara’s shoulder.

Tara shifted and turned towards the young girl, “Hi.”

As soon as Tara greeted her, the girl’s face lit up. “Oh wow...breath Maria, just breath,” The girl said to herself.

Willow smiled, amused by the young girl’s reaction. “Are you okay?” The redhead asked.

The girl nodded, “Umm hmm, I’m Maria and this is my girlfriend, Tessa.” The other girl shyly threw a small wave in their direction.

“Hi Maria, it’s nice to meet you,” Tara said as she reached to shake Maria’s hand.

“Oh God, I can’t believe it’s really you a-and you!” She said nodding towards Tara and then Willow. “I’m a HUGE fan of your show Miss Maclay and I’m also a HUGE fan of you too Miss Rosenberg. I um, I play second base for my high school softball team and my coach says I have a chance at a college scholorship, just like you.” Maria said proudly.

“Wow, that’s great. Stay focused and I’m sure you’ll make it.” Willow offered.

“Thanks, I just...” Maria paused, her face suddenly turning serious, “God I’m so nervous but, I just wanted to stop and say thanks, to both of you, for having the courage to come out like you did. It was a life changing moment for me. It gave me strength and I didn’t feel so alone anymore. I came out to my parents and introduced them to Tessa, even though they completely flipped out. I’m proud to be Gay and I finally feel comfortable being me. Now I’m totally babbling and I didn’t mean to interrupt or anything but I just felt strongly and am I making any sense what-so-ever?”

“Perfect,” Tara said as she stood and engulfed Maria in a warm hug.

“Ooooooh my God!” The girl said again as her girlfriend stood back giggling at Maria’s reaction. “Can I get a picture with you both?”

“Sure,” Willow and Tara both said in unison. The young girl got between them as they all wrapped their arms around each other and Tessa took the shot.

They talked for several minutes with their admirers until they said their goodbyes and Willow and Tara re-seated themselves.

“Wow, that was...” Tara said.

“Intense?” Willow offered.

“Yeah, I had no idea that my...our coming out would have that kind of effect on people.”

“It does Tara, people look up to you, to us and what we say and do...it matters. Especially to kids that feel alone, like there’s no one else in the world like them.” A flash of sadness clouded Willow’s eyes and Tara reached out and took her hand.

“I know baby and we’re not alone anymore.”

Willow nodded, feeling comforted by the compassion in her lover’s deep blue eyes. She gathered up the trash at the table and turned to Tara, “Are you up for a walk? I want to show you something.”

“Sure Sweetie, but what about them?” Tara said as she nodded towards several Paparazzi across the street.

Willow thought for a moment, “Come on, I have a plan.”

Tara stood and Willow pulled her towards the entrance of the coffee shop, hoping the photographers would not follow them inside. She approached a barista and asked for the manager.

“Hi, I’m Sierra, the manager. Can I help you?” She asked curiously.

Willow smiled sweetly, “Hi Sierra. I’m Willow and this is Tara.”

The young manager blushed furiously, “Yeah, I kinda already know...” She gushed.

Willow returned the smiled, “I um, I was wondering if you could do us favor? See those photographers across the street?” Sierra nodded. “Well, we need to shake them. Would it be okay if we exited through the back of the shop?”

“Of course! Those guys are kind of a-holes anyway. I actually had to get a restraining order against them about six months ago because they were harassing several other of my celebrity customers.”

“Thanks, we really appreciate it.” Willow replied.

“My pleasure ladies, anytime! Follow me.” Sierra motioned as she led the famous duo through the kitchen and out the backdoor.

“Thanks again!” Tara exclaimed as she waved and the two girls quickly scurried away. They walked about a block, miraculously unnoticed before ducking into a secluded and moderately wooded park.

“Wow,” Tara said as she glanced around, “This is really pretty, I didn’t even know this was a park. I thought it was just a vacant lot or something.”

“It’s West Holly’s best kept secret!” Willow smiled proudly, leading Tara down the paved path and across the bridge of a small stream. They walked quietly for several minutes before Willow veered from the path and plopped down under a large oak tree. She patted the ground between her legs, inviting her lover to join her.

“Mhmm,” Tara breathed as she settled into Willow.

The redhead snaked her arms around Tara and rested her chin on Tara’s shoulder. “It’s so peaceful here, my favorite spot in LA.”

“I take it you come here a lot?” Tara asked.

“I used to, but I haven’t been here in a couple months. My apartment could get pretty claustrophobic sometimes, so I would come down here and spread out under this tree to study.”

“It’s a great spot Will, kinda reminds me of Texas and being down by the lake on your parent’s ranch.”

Willow nodded in agreement, “It’s special to me, something very important happened here.”

Tara turned in Willow’s arms and eyed her curiously. “About two months ago I was here, sitting in this exact spot when a furry little gray pooch wandered up and changed my life forever.”

Tara’s eyes widened, “This...this is where you found him?”

Willow shook her head, “This is where he found me. It was the strangest thing, he came right up, laid down and rested his chin on my leg. It was as if he’d finally found what he was looking for. I mean, there were other people around, but he passed them by...”

Willow felt Tara’s hand cup her cheek as the blonde rubbed circles with her thumb, “So many things had to come together perfectly that day. I almost didn’t come, I was going to stay home, but they shut the electricity off to my building to do an emergency repair. I was headed to the library, but the electric company truck was blocking my car. So, I walked over here instead.”

“Willow...” Tara breathed as a tear trickled down her cheek, realizing at that moment how close they’d come to never meeting.

Willow smiled slightly and gently wiped it away. “I’ve been wanting to bring you here for awhile.”

“Thank you, for sharing this with me.”

Willow smiled, nodding as she leaned forward and tenderly captured Tara’s lips.

The women cuddled silently for some time, just enjoying the quiet time together. Tara traced her fingers gently up and down Willow’s arm, committing the freckled patterns to memory.

“What cha thinkin’ about?” Willow asked quietly.

“How much I love these freckles.”

“God, I hated them when I was a kid,” Willow confessed.

“You got picked on, didn’t you?”

“Yeah,” Willow whispered as she recalled several unplesant childhood memories.

Tara lifted Willow’s arm and placed a line of butterfly kisses along the freckled path to her hand. “I love them everywhere and in places that only I get to see.”

“Mhmm, maybe later I’ll show you a few of those places,” Willow said as she teasingly kissed Tara’s neck, causing her girlfriend to giggle and squirm.

“Wil...there’s little kids around,” Tara mockingly scolded her lover.

Willow grinned and left Tara with one last kiss to the neck before resting her chin back on Tara’s shoulder. “Tare, you know how the girls mentioned getting together before the break? Well I was thinking, instead of going out, maybe everyone could come over to your place?”

Tara turned once again to face Willow, a little crestfallen, “Sure,” She said, shrugging her shoulders.

Willow noticed Tara’s emotional shift immediately, “Tare, i-if it’s not okay, I understand. I just thought-”

“It’s fine, they can come over anytime, you don’t have to ask for my permission.”

“Oh...oh! Sorry, our house. I guess I’m just not used to saying it yet...”

“It’s o-okay, I understand and I’m not trying to pressure you. I just...I want you to feel comfortable saying ‘our,’ because when I said I wanted to share my life with you, I meant it. Our house, our pool, our pets...but um, the car is still mine.” Tara smirked, lightening the mood considerably. “But, we can buy you something new, if that’s what you want.”

Willow breathed a sigh of relief, “Oh we can? Hmmm, well then how about a nice shiny Mercedes? No...I got it! A Ferrari! Candy apple red and fully loaded!”

“So what, you’re channeling Grayson now?”

Willow snorted and rested her forehead to Tara’s, “That did sound very Graysonesque, huh?”

“Very much so,” Tara said as she left a kiss on Willow’s nose.

“Speaking of, he sent me this endurance training plan he’s been on for the last couple months and I think I’m gonna try it.”

“Yeah?” Tara asked as she slid out of Willow’s lap and stood; extending a hand to her girlfriend.

“Um hmm,” Willow replied as she let Tara pull her up, “He’s training to run the Austin Marathon in February; it’s something he’s wanted to do for awhile. Anyway, he said he doesn’t get tired as quickly and it’s also boosted his strength.”

Tara teasingly raised an eyebrow, “Well, I for one don’t think you have any issues in the endurance department.”

Willow squeezed Tara’s hand and playfully bumped her shoulder, “I certainly hope not! So, I thought we could stop at Whole Foods on the way home and pick up a few things?”

“Sounds like a plan, maybe I’ll do the program with you. I’ve been such a slacker lately, Cody’s gonna be so pissed at me when he gets back.”

Willow stopped walking, “Um...who’s Cody?”

Tara looked up at Willow and innocently batted her eye lashes, “He’s my personal trainer.”

“You mean our personal trainer,” Willow snickered, “Seriously? I haven’t seen you doing any kind of training with anyone.”

“That’s exactly my point,” Tara replied as they resumed walking, “He’s been out of the country for the last few months, but he’s gonna be back next week and in New York the same time as us, but I uh, didn’t tell him about my slackiness yet. I guess he’ll figure it out when he sees me.”

“Tara, you look great baby. I don’t know why you even remotely think otherwise.”

Tara sighed, “It’s not that I think...see here’s the thing, I work in an industry where weight is more important than if you are a psychopathic serial killer. I have boobs and I’m curvy. I’m not skinny and I’m not fat, but add those things together with different camera angles and well...let’s just say I have to work at it. I don’t over indulge, y-you know that, but I can’t imagine a life where I deny myself french fries, chocolate, or peanut butter. I just try to make healthy choices the majority of the time, so when I’m craving something unhealthy I can eat it without the guilt. I tend to gain weight easily, unlike yourself.” Tara smiled as she squeezed Willow’s hand.

Willow returned the smile, “I’ve always had this crazy overactive metabolism and with being so athletic,” Willow shrugged, “It’s just always been a non-issue. Although, I’m sure I’ll feel differently if I ever end up getting pregnant.”

“Well, I guess we’d better hope I don’t accidently knock you up then,” The blonde giggled mischeviously.

Willow smiled and swallowed hard, it was a subject they’d yet to approach and she figured this was as good a time as any. “Tare, I know we’ve never really discussed it before but, do you...ever wanna...” Willow fidgeted nervously, as she left the sentence unfinished.

Tara caught on right away, “Have kids?”

“Yeah,” Willow breathed.

Tara gently squeezed Willow’s hand until the redhead looked at her. “I do...some day and you?” Tara asked apprehensively.

“I do,” Willow responded, “I think our kids will be adorable!”

Tara grinned widely, “I bet they all end up with green eyes and blonde hair.”

“Or blue eyes and red hair!” Willow exclaimed enthusiastically.

“Well, I don’t care if they have green hair and purple eyes, as long as they are happy, healthy and we have them together.”

“Together,” Willow echoed, bringing Tara’s hand up to her mouth and planting several kisses on the back. “Wait, green hair?”

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 am 
2. Floating Rose

Dibs? Dibs!!! First ever!!! So excited it got to be for this story! OK I have to go fly to Boston but I shall return for feedback!!! :grin

Okay I'm back, yay. What an update! It's great how the dialogue goes from funny to flirty to deeply emotional and back again in no time flat. The baby talk made me really happy! It's good that they had that conversation because it also helped advance their relationship and maybe make Willow feel more comfortable. Even though it's so clear how much they love each other, Willow still stays kind of reserved which I think is extremely true to character because we know she always hesitant about pushing things especially in a relationship. I think it's hilarious how she doesn't seem quite prepared to move into the whole house so she just moved into the kitchen table haha. Tara talking about her weight was brilliant, we've heard Amber say almost the exact same stuff over and over, and man does hollywood need to get that that's just what people look like. The part about the fifteen year old couple made my heart happy :), it's truly amazing how even fanfiction literature like this can be so incredibly empowering to people, and especially just after pride month :pride (every month is pride month!!!).

I cannot get enough of this story! Every time you reference an earlier part of the story I just get taken back to whatever it was and get this happy type nostalgia feeling. Like I love how Tara was talking about Willow's family almost like they were her own. Keep the good stuff (read f'ing AMAZING stuff) coming!

And HAPPY 4TH!!! :balloons

Last edited by RoyoNobus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 am 
2. Floating Rose

Love the update! Willow and Tara fluffy togetherness is always good to read. I look forward to seeing Tara in her natural work habitat and how Willow reacts to that. The moment where Maria and Tessa thank Willow and Tara was beautiful and sweet. Willow and Tara on the show were very important to a lot of LGBT folk, myself included. Anyways, here's awaiting the next chapter!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2
YES an update!! Congrats to RoyoNobus on your first dibs!!! (would have had it if I wasn't in a dang parade hehehe)

This is sweet, almost pure fluff which is nice to have but that tells me something may be looming around the corner. Perhaps when Willow goes with Tara to the studio?

Anyway, I loved how the two girls came up to both of our girls, thanking them for coming out, many don't realize how hard it is, but when someone you look up too does it makes it just a lil easier.

And the walk down memory lane that Willow shared was sooooo sweet! It's like in just 2 months they have come full circle ^^ and baby talk!!! Always something that could be stressful but at leats they are both on the same page, and hehehe green hair...

Great job, can't wait for more!!

~AS~

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow & Tara finding out what kind of impact they have on the lives of young LBGT people... Nice to find out how Willow "found" her doggy... I really love how Willow showed Tara her "secret" park....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:21 am 
8. Vixen

It's so sweet Tara massaging Willow's stiff neck. I do love these moments as they have a sense of romance all their own.

Willow smirked, rubbing the tops of Tara’s bare thighs and once again leaning forward; this time pressing her lips tightly to Tara’s.

Tara's bare thigh's, mmmm. Must mean she's in short shorts. Hmmm Tara in short short's :drool

Love the moment where Maria approaches Willow and Tara and tells them how important they were to her life because they gave Maria the confidence to come out to her parents after Tara did at the press conference.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing this scene came about through Amber saying she'd received hundreds of fan-letters thanking her for her portrayal of Tara as it gave a lot of gay or questioning young people the courage to stand up and declare themselves as lesbian, gay, bi or transexuals.

I truly love the scene and can genuinely understand the effect it can have when someone in the public eye says 'it's ok to be who you are'. Whilst I'm not gay myself it is a place I've been too and can appreciate the effect. Possibly the best moment in the story to date.

Another sweet romantic moment when Willow takes Tara to the place where she first met Ralphie and says how lucky they were that day with the various things that occured to make Willow go to the park.

Willow grinned and left Tara with one last kiss to the neck before resting her chin back on Tara’s shoulder. “Tare, you know how the girls mentioned getting together before the break? Well I was thinking, instead of going out, maybe everyone could come over to your place?”

Uh oh, could this mean that Morgan is going to be in Willow and Tara's home, cos if so if can only mean trouble of some kind.

I'm guessing that the lines about Tara not being fat but not skinny, having curves and boobs , hmmm Amber boobs :drool, comes from Amber saying about how she gets denied a lot of roles because of her curviness. Personnally I find her a lot sexier than Sarah Michelle Gellar, curves and all ;).

Love their little chat at the end about having kids. Now all Willow has to do is graduate her next school and they can start having babies YAY.

As ever another great chapter Shel, keep it coming. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:08 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey Shelby! You got it up! Finally. No, I'm totally kidding and you are well aware I have no room to talk. But in all seriousness, great job. I was really happy to see an update from you. It was a very sweet one too. I like how you're just moving them along in the relationship and showing how they're still becoming more and more comfortable with each other. It makes me happy. It's taking me back to the days of falling in love. Ok, anyway, it was nice to see Willow take Tara to the place where she found Ralphie. And the moment they had there together. It does make you think of just how close you could come to missing the one you're supposed to be with. It makes you grateful. And everyone already commented on the child rearing discussion so I'll leave that alone to avoid repeating.

The scene with Maria was interesting. I didn't see that coming but it's important. I mean, whatever you are or believe in or want to do, etc. you need someone to look up to; someone that you really admire and it was nice to you put Willow and Tara in that role.

I'm very excited to see what you have in store next.

An Everyday Life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:33 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Another wonderful update! I loved the moment when Willow showed Tara the spot she met Ralphie and considering the circumstances that let to this meeting clearly fate had its hand in the beginning of Willow's and Tara's relationship. Maybe the reason for Ralphie to run away was that he decided he had to search Tara's soulmate so she won't be alone anymore...I like to think that although I know it's totally silly.

Now I'm really looking forward to Willow's visit on the set, I hope she will be friendly welcomed by anyone, otherwise we might see the wrath of Tara again...which on second thought might not be a bad thing because strong, protective, "don't mess with my girl!"-Tara is pretty sexy!

Please don't let us wait too long for the next update!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Shelby,

So glad to see a new post. I was really hoping to read that other scene that you hinted about, ahem, but now I'll just have to wait for the next post. I'm guessing the party will have something to do with that. Anyway, to repeat others this was a great walk down memory as well as a nice little glimps into the future. The part re: Raphie at the park was definitely my favorite. It was so sweet and I love that Willow shared it with Tara.

Even though this update was filled with sweetness, I can't help but think it's the calm before the storm. Well, maybe not a storm, but a strong wind with some drizzle. Lol. You have so many directions you can take that what with the party, going to Tara's work and the trip to New York. I'm really interested to see which route you choose.

Can't wait for more! Take care.

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Aw. How very sweet. I love the idea that their coming out means so much to people. Well done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 pm 
8. Vixen

Very sweet chapter all the way around.

Quote:
I have boobs and I’m curvy. I’m not skinny and I’m not fat, but add those things together with different camera angles and well...let’s just say I have to work at it. I don’t over indulge, y-you know that, but I can’t imagine a life where I deny myself french fries, chocolate, or peanut butter.

Hmm, seems some actress said that in something I've read somewhere before. ;) Love how you worked that in.

Looking forward to the get together at "their" place, but maybe I need to go back and reread chapters, did Willow move in and I missed it?

- H.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:26 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved how Tara described her needing a personal trainer to Willow; it was very logical. I'm glad Tara got to see where Willow likes to go to get away and help remind her of home. Looking forward to reading about Willow's visit to the set.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:35 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey Shel! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I got lost in Hellebore. lol

So many good things here. I loved seeing them at home, being normal, each doing their studying. So natural. Then going out for coffee and meeting the young girls, and finding out how they have affected people with their coming out - such a nice moment. And Willow showing Tara where she met Ralphie and how circumstances and fate seemed to bring it all together perfectly. Then lastly but not leastly, the "having baby" talk. Oh boy, that's a big one, and I'm so glad they both feel the same way. Although I have a feeling that will be down the road a ways.

Willow will eventually get used to the "ours" thing. It just takes some time. And the car thing was pretty funny. Can't wait to see what she actually gets.

Can't wait for more!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

i miss this story....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next